• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ry climbed off the Tauros. "Thanks Tauros," Ry said petting him. "And thanks for the ride mister." Ry said walking to join the others. "Okay, so now what?" he asked Professor Kukui. Pax gave a yawn and climbed up onto Ry's head. "Pancham!" He shouted.

"Now we need to meet up with the Kahuna," Kukui pointed to a man who was standing on the platform the man had white hair, a yellow open shirt, a blue shirt, white shorts, and sandals, "Kahuna Hala, over here, it's Kukui!" The man waved over and said he'd be over there in a minute.

"Kukui my boy, how can I help you?" Hala asked with a big grin on his face.

"These three trainers, here will be taking the Island Challenge to enter the Alola League," Kukui answered gesturing the three trainers.

"Right then, you three if you'd like you may choose from one of these three Pokemon," Hala said as he threw three Pokeballs onto the Platform. "You may choose on of these three Pokemon: Rowlet The Grass Pokemon," Hala gestured an owl looking Pokemon, "Litten The Fire Pokemon," he gestured a cat like Pokemon, "And last but not least Popplio The Water Type Pokemon," he gestured a sea-lion Pokemon.

Ry looked at the pokemon in front of him. "Can i choose, first? If so, i'm gonnna go with Litten!" He exclaimed. Litten gave a slight meow of approval. "See, he agrees too," Ry said.

"Good choice!" Hala said with a grin on his face as he gave Ry a pat on the back, he turned to Landon, "And you Landon?"

"I'd like to choose Rowlet!" He walked over to Rowlet and put out his hand, "What do you say?" Rowlet jumped into Landon's arms.

Hala turned to Kukui, "Kukui, that reminds me where is your assistant?" Hala asked.

"She's back at the lab, taking a rest in her loft," Kukui answered.

Hanna walked into the town square, she had come from the loft to get something from the Kahuna. He said that he had a surprise for her. She noticed a few trainers getting their starters, she wondered what it would be like to get a starter.

She walked past the trainers choosing the starters. They were all so excited. She walked over to the Kahuna.

"Ah... Hanna Rose, I believe I have something for you" The Kahuna said. Hanna nodded her head. The Kahuna handed her a poke ball. "This is for you, its your starter" He said.

Hanna threw the poke ball and out came a steenee. Hanna gasped, she had always dreamed of having a Tsarina when she was little. Now she could finally have one.

"Thank you!" She gushed.

(OOC. I'm gonna get rid of the Alolan Raichu, I just have a Steenee now. BIC)

"I'll choose popplio kahuna Hala!" Robb said to the Kahuna. Popplio smiled and then jumped into Robby's arms. "Kahuna Hala, would you happen to have any Z-Rings for me and my friends?" Robby asked the Kahuna and he held popplio.

(OOC Sorry I didn't post anything, I feel asleep, but why am I awake at 3 am? BIC)

"Good choice," Hala replied, handing all of them their respective Pokeballs, "I do have Z-Rings but you may only receive them once you have completed my Grand Trial, but let me tell you it is not and easy feat." Hala turned to Kukui, "Kukui my boy I think it's time you give these trainers your gift."

"Right," Kukui walked over to them and handed a strange red box.

"What is it?" Landon asked as he grabbed it looking at it curiously.

"It's an Alolan Pokedex, but it isn't complete yet," Kukui said as he pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it, Rotom burst out of the Pokeball, "This here is Rotom, he'll be powering your Pokedex right buddy." "BZZZ!" Rotom exclaimed happily as it shot into the Pokedex. Arms, feet,and a spike popped out of the Pokedex. The screen lit up showing eyes and a mouth, the Pokedex began levitating and showing a percentage meter.

"Language: English, Users: Robby, Landon, and Ry," the Pokedex said with a smile, "I am Rotom Alolan Pokedex Form for New and Beginning Trainers in Alola, but you may call me Rotom for short."

"Nice to meet you Rotom, I'm Landon as you know," Landon said friendly, "Glad to have you with us!"

Hanna walked over to the three boys. She dsaw that they all had an Alolan starter. She walked over to the boy with the Popplio. "Your Popplio is adorable!" She said. She pulled out her pokedex that she got years ago. It wasn't a rotom but it was very handy. She registered the Popplio in her pokedex. She then walked over to the boy with the Litten. "It's so cool!" She exclaimed. Then she walked over to the Boy with the Rowlet. "Your Rowlet looks very capable of becoming very strong" she said, the Rowlet looked very healthy and pretty energised.

Professor Kukui walked over to her, "Hanna" he said, "I think personally, you should become friends with these three. They seem like good people"

Professor Kukui walked back over to the boys. "You three, meet my assistant, Hanna Rose."

Last edited:
Rotom flew over to all the Starter Pokemon and Steenee and took a picture of all four of them, "Data Updated."

"Hey Rotom, what are you doing?" Landon asked curiously, he and Rowlet, who was now on his shoulder, shared a look of confusion between each other.

"I am a self-learning Pokedex," Rotom answered Landon proudly, "I take pictures of the Pokemon and my data gets updated."

"That's really cool," Landon replied in amazment, "Hey Rotom can you tell me what Rowlet's Pokedex entry is."

"Of course I can," Rotom replied with joy, Rotom's screen changed from the default one to a small picture of Rowlet along with it's name and typing, "Rowlet: The Grass Quill Pokemon, Grass and Flying, This wary Pokemon uses photosynthesis to store up energy during the day, while becoming active at night." Rotom floated over gesturing Rowlet who had fallen asleep.

Last edited:
"Wow" Hanna said as she listened to the Rotom, "I heard that Rowlet can turn their heads backwards to face their trainers in battle" She said.

She picked up her Steenee, "Rotom, could you scan my Steenee?" Hanna asked.

"Certainly," Rotom replied, as it rushed over, "Steenee: The Fruit Pokemon, Grass Type, This Pokemon is always bouncing around energetically. Other Pokemon are attracted by its lively appearance and pleasant aroma." Rotom floated over towards Steenee and gestured the leaves on it's head.

"Wow Rotom you really are amazing," Landon said, clearly impressed. 'I've never met a Pokedex this amazing before in my life' Landon thought to himself.

Last edited:
"Wow Steenee! That's amazing!" Hanna exclaimed, "Thanks Rotom"

Professor Kukui walked over to everybody, "Are you guys all going to travel throughout Alola?" He asked, "If so, why not do it together?!"

"Wow a rotom dex I've never seen anything like it before!" Robby exclaimed as he shook Rotom's hand. Hearing Kukui's comment, "Yeah, you're right why don't be all just travel together, the more people on a journey the better!" Robby exclaimed as he watched Riolu and Popplio play around his feet.
This Journey is probably going to be the best one yet! Robby thought to himself with a smile.

"Yeah, we'll all end up in the same place either way," Landon replied, as he re-called Rowlet to it's Pokeball. Landon turned to Kukui and asked, "So where's the first trial located Professor?"

"Sadly you won't be able to take on any trials until you complete your Right of Passage, which will allow you to take on the Trials and then the Alola League," Kukui replied with a smile, "Now how about you four explore around a bit until some time this afternoon, we'll have a big ceremony, with some great battles and great food, oh yeah!" Kukui waved as he took the Pokemon Taxi back to Hau'oli City.

Landon waved to the Professor as he left, "Well guys where shall be go exploring?" Landon asked.

"Explore," Ry said smiling returning Litten to his pokeball. "Maybe we can catch some new pokemon, or even get into a Pokemon Battle. I'm gonna head towards the forest, who's gonna follow me?" he asked his friends. Pax nodded and gave a large smile. "Pancham!"

"Sure!" Landon replied, as he began walking towards the forest. 'Man I wonder what kind of rare and new Pokemon we'll find here' Landon thought to himself.

"Well not to far past the small forest is a ravine which leads to the ruins of conflict," Hala said as he began to leave, "I'd love to join you but I'm afraid there are other issues on the island that need my attention, I'll see you all during this afternoon's ceremony."

"Alright guys! Let's go!" Robby exclaimed as he recalled Popplio to its ball. "I wonder what kind of Pokémon we'll find through out these woods." Robby said as he an Riolu looked around. "I'd actually like to catch a pichu or a Pikachu, I heard Raichu has a cool alolan form." Robby said.

"The Raichu Alolan form is a Psychic type, ya'know?" whispered Kale to himself as he spied on the group from the window of the Pokemon Research Lab.

Hanna returned Steenee and started walking towards the forest with the others. She was so glad Professor Kukui had said that they should go together.

As Robby and his friends walked through the forest, Riolu noticed something. "Bwa Bwa!" Riolu said as it pulled on Robby's ear.
"Ow.. What is it buddy?" Robby asked as he rubbed his ear. Riolu then pointed to a little black tail poking out of the leaves. "Woah, is that a Pichu?" Robby asked as he looked at the little black tail. "Rotom, tell me what that is!" Robby said quietly to Rotom.
"Zzzt, sure thing! data complete, Pichu the tiny mouse pokemon, Pichu charges itself with electricity more easily on days with thunderclouds or when the air is very dry. You can hear the crackling of static electricity coming off this Pokémon." Rotom said.
"Bwa!" Riolu said as jumped down, ready to battle. "Wait Riolu, I have this!" Robby said as he drew a Quick Ball. "This should catch it easier. Alright, Go Pokeball!" Robby exclaimed as he threw the Quick Ball at Pichu.
"Chu?" Pichu said just as the Quick Ball hit its tail.
Click!
"Wow! I can't believe that worked!" Robby exclaimed as he ran over and picked up the Quick Ball. "Yes, I caught Pichu!" Robby yelled as he held the ball in the air.

"Wonder what kind of Pokemon we'll find here in the forest," Landon asked as they continued to walk through the forest, with Swift walking by his side. Landon began looking everywhere around the forest but all he saw were, Caterpie and Weedle, he remained unimpressed. They continued to walk through the forest until Landon saw a Pokemon that looked familiar to him. Landon took a closer look and noticed it was a Rattata but it's fur was black and it's whiskers looked thinker than usual, "Rotom, what kind of Rattata is that?"

"Leave it to me," Rotom replied as it flew over to take a quick picture of the Rattata, the screen changed and showed an an image of the Rattata along with it's data, "Rattata: The Mouse Pokemon Pokemon, Dark and Normal Type, With their strong capacity for survival, they can live in dirty places without concern. Left unchecked, their numbers multiply rapidly."

"That doesn't look like the Rattata that I've seen," Landon said with a curious look on his face.

"That's because this is what Rattata's look like in Alola," Rotom replied, "Rattata in Alola are nocturnal due to there natural predator Yungoos,"

"Yungoos?" Landon asked, not realizing the Rattata had gotten away, "No! Come back!" Landon slumped in sadness as the Rattata ran away.

"Yungoos: The Loitering Pokemon, Normal Type, With its sharp fangs, it will bite anything. It did not originally live in Alola but was imported from another region." Rotom said as the screen changed to a picture of the Pokemon.

Kale walked to the Pokemon Center, to ask around where he could find any psychic type pokemon.
"Psychic Types?" said the Nurse at the front desk, looking quite befuddled. "I'm not sure if there are any where on Melemele, but I do know here are some."
"Alright," said Kale, looking crestfallen. But still optimistic "Thanks for the tip!"
"I think you should go search for some in the more greener areas, I heard they like to spread out." added the Nurse

"It's ok Landon, you'll get one next time!" Robby said optimiscatly. "Oh yeah, Pichu come out!" Robby yelled as he threw the quick ball up.
"Pichu!" Pichu said with a smile "alright Pichu, my name is Robby and this is Riolu. Will you come along with me on my journey to win the alola league?" Robby asked as Riolu waved at Pichu. "Chu!" Pichu said as it shook its head yes. "Thanks little buddy, we'll get stronger together!" Robby exclaims as he made a determined fist.

"Man I really was looking forward to catching that Rattata," Landon said as they continued walking through the forest. Landon looked ahead and saw a light, "Guys check it out!" Landon exclaimed pointing to the end of the forest. "Whoa look at that!" Landon said as he marveled at the ravine, "The Ruins of Conflict should be just over that bridge," Landon pointed to an old worn down bridge.

"Why? It's just a Rattata." Robby said as he walked next to Landon with Pichu on one shoulder and Riolu on the other. "Wow, so that's the ravine Hala was talking about, it looks pretty deep." Robby said, as he looked over the side of the ravine. "I probably wouldn't go on that bridge, it doesn't look sturdy at all. It seems it could break any minute." Robby said as he warned Landon and his other companions.

"But maybe there are some rare pokemon!" Ry exclaimed. He rushed ahead and began to cross the bridge. He stood mid-way across and said, "see it's perfectly safe." Then as if it was powered by the words he said. The plank he was currently standing on snapped. "Woah!" he shouted as his feet fell through and he caught himself. His legs dangled under the bridge and he pulled himself up. He slowly stood up and walked across the bridge. "See, It's not that scary." He said waving his arms. Pax looked at his trainer with keen interest and wide eyes. But mainly at the fact that they were still alive.

"Well, I guess he's right, we'll just be a bit more careful." Robby said to his Pokemon. Robby walked over to the bridge and slowly walked across the planks. "Don't look down, don't look down." Robby said to himself as he held tightly to the ropes. After a while, Robby reached the otherside. "Phew that was pretty nerve racking!" Robby exclaimed as he wiped sweat from his forehead. "Well, shall we head on to the ruins?" Robby asked his friends as he looked around the area.

"Ry first the SS Anne, now this you are just asking to be killed," Landon commented as he walked towards the bridge. Landon took his first step onto the bridge Landon could feel the planks about to break, Landon continued to walk along the bridge until he reached the other side. "Man that was terrifying," Landon said as he sat on the ground from fear. "Yeah let's head to the ruins," Landon told Robby as he got up.

"Oh man, the SS Anne, that brings back memories." Robby said as he and his friends walked toward the ruins. "Wasn't there some sort of tournament on it?" Robby asked, trying to recall the event. "Bwa Bwa!" Riolu said as he pointed toward a structure far off in the distance. "Is that the entrance to the ruins?" Robby asked aloud he he began to run toward them, to get a better view. Once Robby had reached the entrance, he yelled, "Tapu Koko, are you there?"

Ry walked up. "i don't think Tapu Koko would respond to you shouting," he joked. He looked around. Then he saw a small shadow in the corner of the ruins. "There he is!" Shouted Ry pointing. A small Munchlax jumped out of the corner. "Oh," Ry said feeling embarrassed, "I'm gonna catch it. Go Burn!" He tossed out the Litten's pokeball. The Litten took the field with as Flash of light. "Use Emebr!" Ry shouted. Burn fired small flames at the Munchlax. "Now go Pokeball!" ry shouted tossing a ball at him. Click. "Oh yeah, I caught a Munchlax!" shouted Ry doing a little dance after he picked up the pokeball.

"Congrats Ry, but you totally thought that Munchlax was Tapu Koko." Robby said as he entered the ruins. "Now Landon is the only one who needs to catch another Pokemon." Robby said as he looked around. "Man, this place seems pretty empty, why would people come to a place like here to worship something?" Robby asked, a little disappointed. "Well, shall be head deeper into these ruins and see if there is anything cooler?" Robby asked as he turned back to his friends.

"Eh, i still caught a new Pokemon." Ry said following Robby deeper in the ruins. "You might want to watch out, there may be creepy ghost types, whooo," Ry said wiggling his fingers in different directions. '"And besides, you Riolu would be at a disadvantage." Ry added. He recalled Burn to his pokeball, mainly because he had forgotten to earlier, and looked around. "There really might be some ghost types here." Ry commented.

"Yeah that brings back memories," Landon mumbled to himself as he listened to Robby yell for Tapu Koko, "I think Ry is right, Tapu Koko isn't gonna respond to you yelling at it." Landon turned and saw a strange looking Pikachu with a wooden tail, "Rotom what kind of Pikachu is that?"

"I'm on it!" Rotom exclaimed as it ran over to take a picture, "Mimikyu: The Disguise Pokemon, Ghost and Fairy Type, Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock." Rotom flew over gesturing the cloth it was wearing.

"So it isn't a Pikachu, well that won't stop us let's go Swift," Landon called making a fist, "Use Iron Tail!" Swift charged at Mimikyu with Iron Tail but when the attack hit, the head just collapsed. Mimikyu launched at Swift using Play Rough, Landon re-called Swift to it's Sport Ball, "Go! Roten!" Landon called as he tossed his Rowlet's Pokeball, Roten came out of the Pokeball but was still asleep, "You've gotta be kidding me." Mimikyu's charged at Roten using Shadow Sneak, Roten woke up with a shock after it was hit, "Use Leafage!" Landon called, immediately Roten shot a Leafage attack at the Mimikyu sending it flying backwards, "Now Go! Pokeball!" Landon cried as he threw a Pokeball at the Mimikyu. Landon watched in anticipation as the Pokeball began to shake, Ping, went the Pokeball signalling the Mimikyu had been caught, "We caught a Mimikyu!" Landon exclaimed as he held the Pokeball in the air, "Thanks Roten, you did great!" Landon said as he re-called Roten. Landon had been so focused on the battle he didn't see his friends go on ahead, Landon began running into the ruins. Landon arrived just in time to hear Robby's comment, and checked the time on his Pokegear, "Guys the ceremony is about to begin!" Landon exclaimed, "We may want to hurry back!"

"Oh yeah I completely forgot!" Robby yelled as he ran toward the exit of the ruins. "What will we be doing at this Ceremony?" Robby asked as he and his friends began to walk back toward Iki town. Thinking out loud, "Maybe great food, or a mini tournament, or maybe all of those things!" Robby exclaimed as he gave a Pokepuff to Riolu. "Hey, what was that Pokemon you caught Landon? I looked like a Pikachu with a wooden tail." Robby asked as he turned toward Landon, while he continued to walk.

"It's a Pokemon Mimikyu, it wears a cloth that resembles Pikachu and has a unique ability called Disguise which allows Mimikyu to take 1 free hit," Landon replied as they crossed the bridge. 'Time for our Rite of Passage ceremony, man do I love the Alola Region' Landon thought to himself. When they all arrived back in Iki Town Landon was amazed at what he saw, there were small stalls up serving all kinds of different food, there was a small bonfire near the central platform as well as lots of people.

"Wow!" Hanna cried as they walked into Iki Town. There was food everywhere and a huge bonfire!
She threw a pokeball and a Steenee came out. As they were wandering through the town, Hanna noticed a small Fomantis following Steenee. "You must be attracted to Steenee's sweet smell!" She said, "Well I'm going to catch you!"

She threw a great ball at the Fomantis.

Click!

"Alright!" She exclaimed as she ran over to pick up the pokeball. "Come out Fomantis!"

The Fomantis wandered over to Steenee and held out its hand, Steenee shook it.

"Stee! Steene!"
"Foman!"

"Food!" Shouted Ry walking over to grab some of the food. Munchlax burst out of his pokeball and the trainer and Pokemon, both dug in, eating as much as they could. After a few minutes they walked over holding their stomachs. "Sweet, but now what?" Ry asked. "Much," said Munchlax.
"You're right, you need a name, how about Munchy?" Ry asked the Munchlax. Munch gave a shrug and Ry shouted, "Booyah!"

"Wow! Look at everything here it's like a big party!" Robby exclaimed as he and Riolu entered Iki town. "Everything looks so good!" Robby said as he grabbed this and that. Robby and all his Pokemon enjoyed their food, "This is really good." Robby said as he and his pokemon enjoyed Malasadas. "Alright, what next?" Robby asked aloud as he and his pokemon finished their food. "This party could go on for the entire night!"

"Man these Malasadas are awesome!" Landon exclaimed as he began to scarf down a large plate of Malasadas. As Landon continued to eat the Malasadas he heard Hala calling for everyone's attention.

"Attention everyone, now we will begin the Rite of Passage, as our first battle may the trainers Landon and Robby please step up!" Hala yelled while waving his arms to get everyone's attention. Everyone began cheering as Landon and Robby walked up to the Platform, "Now this battle between Landon and Robby will now get under way, both trainers are allowed the use of 2 Pokemon and the battle is over when either sides Pokemon cannot continue, both sides will be allowed to substitute Pokemon, Robby will have the first move!"

Landon stood on the opposite side of the platform from Robby, "Well Robby here we go," Landon said as he pulled out a Pokeball, "Go Roten!" Roten burst out of the Pokeball wide awake and ready to battle. 'It's been a while since I've battled Robby, and I've seen how strong he's become since when we last battled' Landon thought to himself.

"Alright, here we go! Riolu I choose you!" Robby exclaimed as Riolu jumped off his shoulder.
It's been a long time since I've battled Landon, but I'm confident I can win! Robby thought to himself
"Alright, Riolu let's start things off with our Swords Dance, Quick Attack Combo!" Robby yelled as he threw out his palm.
"Bwa!" Riolu responses, swords surrounded Riolu, raising its attack power sharply, then Riolu rushed right at Roten with incredible speed and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.