• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah, dangit." Evon said, with mock disappointment. "I wanted to fight the winner of that match, but since there's no winner... Anyways, I think I'll stick around with your group for a while. Might even help with my goal. All we need is your other friend and the newcomer."

Robby's heart pounded as he watched the smoke clear, "Is it over?" Robby asked as he breathed heavily. Robby then was able to see that both Pokemon had fainted, "Yup, it's a draw. The power of Z-Moves are incredible." Robby said to Landon as he walked over to Riolu and re-called it. "I'm ready to head to Iki town, we'll win that Grand Trial for sure!" Robby exclaimed as he wiped the sweat from his brow.
Will we be able to conquer Hala's Z-Move? Robby thought to himself as he look toward the sand.

"Don't get cocky." Evon said, smiling. "Although... if you really want to try to prepare yourself for Hala's Z-Move, battle me. I've got the Fightinium Z as well. I'm sure I can catch something that can use it nearby."

Hanna walked into Iki Town, there were a lot of trainers getting there starters. She looked around for Kahuna Hala, she spotted him over near a couple of trainers.

"There he is guys!" Hanna exclaimed.

Landon looked at Iki Town and how calm it was when there wasn't a festival. Landon turned to where Hanna was pointing and saw Hala. Landon and everyone ran over to greet Hala. "Well if it isn't the three trainers I gave starters to, the Professor's Assistant, and the latest one to complete my Grand Trial!" Hala said with a big smile, Hala looked and saw the Z-Rings on everyone's wrists along with Normalium Z, "Well, due to you all having Normalium Z I presume you wish to take on my Grand Trial, well then Robby prepare yourself for your Grand Trial because you're first!"

"Wow, this place is actually really beautiful when there aren't lots of people here." Robby said as he looked around the peaceful Iki town. Robby then ran over to Hala with the others and heard he was going first, "Oh yeah! I'm ready for this! Me and my Pokemon have trained together for this very day!" Robby exclaimed as he confidently smiled.
"Bwa Bwa!" Riolu said as he raised his fist in agreement while he sat on Robby's shoulder.
We will win, we will not be defeated! Robby thought as he got Robby to battle.

"The battle will be a two on two!" Hala called out, "Substitutions are allowed, the battle is over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to continue!" Hala stepped up to the platform and pulled out a Pokeball, "Now go Crabrawler!" The Pokeball burst open and a crab-like Pokemon with large blue claws and a purple body came out. Landon quickly turned to Rotom for any data.

"I've got this!' Rotom flew over and took a quick picture of Crabrawaler, "Crabrawler: The Boxing Pokemon, Fighting Type: While guarding its weak points with its pincers, it looks for an opening and unleashes punches." Rotom gestured Crabrawler's large claws.

"I'd recommend sending the kid with the Rowlet first." Evon said. "He'll have the easiest time, thus it'll be over the quickest. Rowlet's a Grass-type, but it's also a Flying-type. If you have any Flying-type moves, then use them. They're super-effective against Fighting-types - Kahuna Hala's specialty type."

Hearing Evon's comment, "We aren't beginners you know, just because you have some title in one little region doesn't make you more experienced than us." Robby said as gave Evon a cold glare. Robby then turned back to face Hala, "I'll start off with Popplio!" Robby yelled as he threw Popplio's pokeball up into the air. Popplio come out and did a little pose. "Popplio use Disarming Voice!" Robby yelled as he confidently smiled.
"Bwark!!" Popplio yelled as it shot a pink aura right at Cabrawler.
Fairy type moves are also super effective against Fighting types. Robby thought to himself as he smiled.

"We really aren't," Landon added giving Evon a glare, "Most of us have participated in numerous Leagues." Landon turned back and watched the battle continue, 'Hala does seem strong though, I wonder if I'll be able to defeat him' Landon thought to himself.

Crabrawler was hit from the Disarming Voice sending it back and dealing a good amount of damage, Hala smiled, "Now use Payback!" Crabrawler's claws began to glow a dark purple as it shot towards Popplio.

"Use Water Gun on the floor to propel yourself up, then use Bubble Beam in mid air!" Robby yelled as he threw out his hand.
"Bwark!" Popplio yelled as it shot a Water Gun on the floor, shooting it straight up, avoiding the attack. Popplio then did a spin and shot a Bubble Beam right at Crabrawler's back legs.
Hopefully we can flip it over and expose its weak spot. Robby thought to himself as he watched the Bubblebeam.

Hanna looked at the floor, the only beginner here was her. But she knew so much about Pokemon. She hoped she could win the trial.

Evon just chuckled. Oh, if they only knew... But still, they are pretty good. I wouldn't have opened with Disarming voice, but I guess it works. The Water Gun jet isn't a tactic that I can disregard - it's a good move. But I can think of some more effective combo moves. I can tell what he's trying to do - expose a weak spot. But that won't work. Crabrawler is too sturdy. And even if he could flip it over, Crabrawler doesn't have a weak point. But he does have another weakness. You need to know your opponent, and I've studied most Alolan Pokemon. Might be why I dealt with it so easily.

"Protect now!" Hala called out, Crabrawler quickly used Protect shielding it from the Bubblebeam, "Next use Focus Blast!" Crabrawler generated a Focus Blast and shot it straight at Popplio. Landon watched at the Focus Blast shot at Popplio, 'Popplio isn't going to be able to dodge in mid-air.'

The Focus Blast hit Popplio straight on, causing lots of damage. "Popplio hang in there, I believe in you!" Robby shouted as he clenched his fists. As the smoke cleared Robby saw that Popplio was glowing a bluish color, "Wow! Torrent!" Robby exclaimed as he smirked. "Popplio, Bubblebeam!" Robby yelled as he made a fist, "We will win!" Robby yelled.
Popplio yelled out as it shot out a huge jet of water from its mouth, it charged it Crabrawler with incredible speed and power.

The powered up Bubblebeam hit Crabrawler hard sending it flying backwards, "Crabrawler are you okay!" Hala asked as he turned to Crabrawler, it shook it's head and began punching the air in front of it ready to continue battling. "It's no wonder you were able to defeat the first Trial!" Hala called as he smiled, "You were able to draw out Popplio's Torrent ability, so I want to see you battle at full strength, Crabrawler Payback!" Crabrawler shot towards Popplio swiftly using Payback.

Evon looked at the battle continue. If it hit, that Payback would be sure to KO. Evon looked at Robby. He decided to help him out. "Use Water Gun to vault over Crabrawler, then use a close-ranged Disarming Voice at it's back! It's its blind spot!"

Hearing Evon's advice, Robby did just that, "Popplio, use Water Gun to jump over Crabrawler then follow it up with Disarming Voice!" Robby yelled as he clenched his fists. Popplio gathered it's strength and used Water Gun to jump over Crabrawler, then yelled as it shot a Disarming Voice as it landed behind Crabrawler. Robby then glanced toward Evon
This guy is good, I know why he is so confident in his abilities. Robby thought to himself as he looked back toward the battle.

Evon gave a thumbs-up. Then made a circle, representing a bubble, and waved outwards. This basically signaled to Robby Use Bubblebeam, but spread it out across the battlefield. Then the adventurer made an open hand, representing Disarming Voice. Evon was hoping that Robby got the message.

Hanna looked at Evon, he sure knew how to battle. She looked over to the battle and watched as Popplio shot a disarming voice. She brought out Steenee and Fomantis so they could get ready for their battle.

"Ste! Steenee!"
"Fo! Fomantis!"

Crabrawler was hit by the Disarming Voice creating a large cloud of smoke. "Crabrawler!" Hala called out as he saw the smoke clear revealing Crabrawler unable to battle, Hala recalled Crabrawler and took in a deep breath. "Now for my final Pokemon," Hala said calmly as he held the Pokeball, "Go Hariyama!" Hariyama burst out of the Pokeball and slammed onto the platform. "If you don't mind we'll be taking the first move, use Fake Out!" Hariyama began charging at Popplio ready to use Fake Out.

"Popplio, dodge!" Robby yelled as he clenched his fists. Popplio tried to get out of the way, but Hariyama was too fast and hit Popplio with Fake Out. "Popplio, can you continue?!" Robby asked as he saw Popplio struggle to get up. This will probably be Popplio's final move Robby though to himself as he clearly understood the message from Evon. "Popplio, use Bubblebeam to cover the field in bubbles, then use Disarming Voice!" Robby yelled as he made a fist. "Bwark!" Popplio yelled as it covered the entire field with blue bubbles, then shot a Disarming Voice right at Hariyama.

The Disarming Voice hit Hariyama and created a large cloud of smoke. "Now Hariyama Earthquake!" Hariyama blew the smoke away and slammed against the ground sending a shockwave towards Popplio that also destroyed the bubbles, "My Hariyama shouldn't be taken lightly!" Hala said proudly.

Hanns smiled as the Kahuna said that, she remembered the Hariyama from when she was little. She used to play with it.

"Steenee!"
"Fomanti Tis!"

The area around Popplio exploded as the shockwaves hit, Popplio was unable to battle. "You did great Popplio, take a good rest." Robby said as he recalled Popplio, Robby then reached toward his belt to grab a pokeball that wasn't there. "Gallade I cho.." Robby said as he realized he had only reached for air. "Shoot, forgot again." Robby grumbled to himself as he grabbed Riolu's pokeball, "Riolu I choose you!" Robby yelled as Riolu emerged from the pokeball. "Bwa!" Riolu said as it stood there, glaring at the Hariyama, "Riolu start with Swords Dance, then follow up with Quick Attack!" Robby yelled as he made a fist.
"Bwa!" Riolu exclaimed as swords danced around it, raising it's attack sharply, then Riolu dash at Hariyama with Quick Attack with incredible force.

That Earthquake was a good move... Evon thought. He got rid of the bubble trap and KOed Popplio at the same time. Guess he knew what I was going for. I feel like he's fighting harder than he did against me. Maybe... I know. He's fighting harder against them because they have to prove themselves in Alola. Whereas I'm already proven because of my secret... Evon watched as Riolu used Swords Dance. "Robby! What moves does Riolu know?"

Robby then looked over to Evon, "No, It's okay, I'll will battle with my own strength now." Robby said with a smile, "Thank you for all the help." Robby said as he looked back toward the battle.
I.. No, Riolu and I will win this together. We will overcome this challenge. Robby thought to himself as he calmly smiled. "Riolu, go!" Robby yelled as Riolu continued to speed right toward Hariyama with Quick Attack.

Riolu's Quick Attack hit Hariyama but wasn't able to send it far back, "My Hariyama's endurance isn't like any other Pokemon's," Hala said as he rolled up his sleeves revealing his Z-Ring, "Now Go Hariyama! Arm Thrust!" Hariyama charged at Riolu with Arm Thrust ready to attack. 'These trainers, I can feel the connection they have with their Pokemon' Hala thought as he watched the battle.

"Riolu, avoid it by slidding between Hariyama's legs, then use Force Palm!" Robby yelled as he imitated a Force Palm. Riolu slid under the Arm Thrust and went between Hariyama's legs, then shot back up, and went to strike Hariyama in the back of the leg. If this hits it might cause Hariyama to stumble in a dire situation.
Robby thought to himself as he smirked.

The Force Palm hit sendin Hariyama off balance, "Hariyama!" Hala called out, Hariyama slammed it's hands on the ground and did a flip, regaining it's balance, Hala smiled and nodded as he lifted his arm with the Z-Ring, as he placed the Ring in front of his face creating an X "Here we go, Hariyama! My precious Melemele Island and the guardian deity Tapu Koko, share your will, with Island Kahuna!" Hala said as he began punching in sync with Hariyama, "All Out Pummeling!" Hariyama began punching rapidly, creating energy fists which shot at Riolu with speed.

"Here it comes Riolu!" Robby exclaimed as he watched the fists begin to fly at Riolu. Robby then saw the little openings between the fists, "Riolu use Quick Attack to avoid the fists by going through those openings!" Robby yelled as he clenched his fists.
"Bwa!" Riolu yelled as it used Quick Attack to avoid most of the fists, but the very last fist had hit Riolu, doing a good amount of damage. "Riolu!" Robby yelled as he watched his partner get sent flying back, "Get up, I believe in you buddy!" Robby yelled with a firey passion. "Bwa... Bwa Bwa!" Riolu said as it got up and stood back up. "Good, Riolu let's finish this!" Robby yelled as he lifted the arm with the Z-Ring in front of his face, creating and X then brought it down toward his waist, then he and Riolu did the Normalium Z movements in Sync. "Go Riolu! This is everything we've got! Breakneck Blitz!" Robby yelled as a bright light surrounded Riolu, "BWAA!!!" Riolu yelled as it charged directly at Hariyama with incredible speed and power.

The Breakneck Blitz hit Haiyama hard and sent it flying back into the ground, "Hariyama!" Hala called as he looked back and saw his Pokemon unable to battle he re-called his Hariyama and walked over to Robby, "Well now Robby you have shown me the true strength of your Pokemon which is why I would like to congratulate you, with this," Hala pulled out a small orange crystal that looked the same as the one on his Z-Ring, "It's Fightium Z, you can use it to unleash a full force All-Out Pummeling like Hariyama." Hala pulled out two Pokeballs he threw them and his Crabrawler, who looked very tired, and a Gallade came, "Gallade Heal Pulse." A pink pulse came from Gallade and was sent to Hariyama and Crabrawler and not to long after the two were healed back to perfect health. "Hana you're next!" Hala called over.

"Congratulations Robby!" Landon said as he extended his hand for a high-five. He turned his attention back to the battle, 'Man Hala doesn't joke around' he thought to himself, while thinking of a strategy.

Robby walked up to Hala and took the Fightium Z, "Thank you very much Kahuna Hala, it was a very fun battle." Robby said as he smiled as he placed the Fightium Z into his pocket. Robby then turned to Riolu, "Very good job buddy, thank you, now take a rest." Robby said to Riolu with a smile. Robby turned around when he heard Gallade, "Wow, you have a Gallade too. If you didn't hear during the battle, I thought I had Gallade's pokeball." Robby said as he laughed.
Robby then walked down to his friends, "Good look Hana, and thanks Landon. Oh and thanks Evon for the advice with Popplio, it really helped." Robby said as he grinned.

"Alright, my turn!" Hanna exclaimed, "Steenee I choose you!"

Steenee leapt out of Hanna's arms and onto the battle field, she was ready. "Steenee! Magical Leaf!" Hanna cried.

"Go! Crabrawler!" Crabrawler leaped onto the field as Hala re-called Hariyama, "Protect, let's go!" Crabrawler quickly created a shield blocking the Magical Leaf. "Use Power-Up Punch!" Crabrawler began charging at Steenee with Power-Up Punch.

"Crabrawler knows Power-Up Punch!?!" Landon called out as he shot up from the seat. 'It's clear Hala isn't messing around, I guess that's why he's the Island Kahuna' Landon thought to himself as he watched the battle.

The power up punch hit Steenee in the legs, sending her falling to the ground. She quickly leapt up ready for her next move. "Steenee! Leaf Storm!" Hanna called. Steenee held her arms up in the air and leaves started to swirl around the battlefield, they went faster and faster and then sped directly towards Crabrawler.

The Leaf Storm hit Crabrawler hard sending it flying into the air, then falling to the ground, "Crabrawler can you go on?" Crabrawler got up slowly, shaking from all the damage it had taken, "Use Payback!" Crabrawler shot across the field towards Steenee. Landon watched as Crabrawler charged across the field towards Steenee, 'With the boost in it's attack and the major damage it's taken this will do a ton of damage if it hits' he thought to himself.

"Stee!" Steenee cried as she was flung backwards. She landed on her back and slowly got up, Hanna sighed with relief. "Steenee! Use Razor Leaf!" Hanna shouted, she hoped this would take down the Crabrawler or else Steenee was gone. Steenee conjured up a huge leaf and sent it flying towards Crabrawler at extreme speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.