• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tawny was grinning and jumping up and down at the end of the battle, Colgate mimicking her as he let out excited yelps. The Eevee leaped onto her shoulder as the match ended and walked congratulated everyone on the intense battle. "Bye!" She called after Percer as he headed in the direction of the Pokemon Center. She still clutched Squiggy's friendball and felt she needed to head off in that direction soon as well. Tawny turned to Kyle and Robby and grinned again.
"I'm so fidgety from that battle. We should go heal up and see if the gym is open and ready for battle!"
"Yeah, that's a great idea! I fought Falkner before and he's very tough, don't let your guard down. Thanks for the great battle. I had a lot of fun, and that's the most important part of any battle."
Tawny nodded to both, "Agreed, but I vote we wait till tomorrow, I want my team to be as rested as they can get. Also thanks to you too Kyle that was an awesome battle." She paused for a moment before holding her hands out to both of them for a high five.
(Sorry guys I won't be very active today)

Kyle responded to Tawny's gesture with a high five and said, "Yeah, it's getting late. We need all of our energy for our battles, plus we all battled very hard." Kyle then ran off to the Pokemon Center, before turning and calling to the others, "Come on guys!"

Robby was taken back at Kyle's sudden wake of energy, distracting him from the high five. Gem cackled, enjoying the boy's excitement as he ran off to the pokemon center after him. "Gem, get ba-" But he cut himself off. He knew the sableye wouldnt listen to him.

Rolling his eyes, he called Blue to his ball and began a quick pace towards the pokemon center, or more importantly, after his pokemon.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Tawny laughed and yanked her bag onto her shoulder and chasing after the other two. "Come on Colgate!" The Eevee cried out and leaped onto her shoulder as she spun around to face him and she patted him on the head before spinning back around and charging after the others, heading towards the Pokemon Center.

Percer had already walked away from the group at this time, distracted by some Pokemon he was sketching. He had completely lost track of going to the Center, when he remembered the Ripple was still in bad shape. He perked up, and ran to the Pokemon Center in a flash.
Although, peering out from an alley way, a strange Pokemon with blue and tan fur bounced into the road, causing Percer to fall over and drop his sketch pad and pencil.
“Ow...what was that? I hope I didn’t hurt it...” He looked over to see a Cyndaquill that was pretty bruised up and dizzy.
“Um, oops! I’ll take you to the Pokemon Center...whatever your name is...” Percer gently picked up the fire mouse and scurried over to the Pokemon Center once again.
By the time he arrived, the trainer was panting furiously, almost dropping the Cyndaquill. Percer headed over to the counter and placed Ripple’s pokeball and Cyndaquill on top of it, telling the Nurse behind it all the happened. The nurse responded, saying that it would take few minutes for Ripple to be recovered enough to walk happily, but a while for Cyndaquill to stand firm.
Percer walked over to a chair, sending out Scout from it’s pokeball, since was feeling a bit lonely. The normal type jumped in his lap, and watched as Nurse Joy treated his teammate and the wild Pokemon.

Kyle was the first one through the doors of the Pokemon Center, with Gem running in behind. Kyle walked over to the counter and gave the nurse his Pokemon. He saw Percer sitting on a chair looking upset, and sat down next to him. Kyle looked over at Percer and asked, "Hey Percer, what's the matter."

Cyber_Poipole

Previously Cyberspace_warrik
kai walked around ecrutic city. "hopefully jade won" Kai sat in the pokemon center, waiting for Jade. he wondered what life would've been like, looking back. He imagined what it would've been if he had not run away from home. nothing would've happened to Syd, nothing would be happening to jade.

It was the final course, "The final course is block smash!" announced the judge, all the pokemon where at a stack of block "3, 2, 1, Go!" and the pokemon began to break down the blocks, zorua could easily smash through bricks, squirtle did almost as well but roselia was incredibly slow. At the end Jade only just had 5 more points than the others. The crowd clapped and they all left.

After a while Jade walked into ecruteak after walking through the national park, he entered the pokemon center and saw Kai, "Oh there you are," he said as he gave his pokemon to the nurse.

Cyber_Poipole

"we might not want to head back their any time soon" Kai had a worried look on his face. "I...stole the prize pokemon for the battle tourny" kai sat looking at the Pokeball that he stole. "It's a shiny variant, I haven't opened it at all, so I don't know what pokemon it is."

"Oh, huh," said Jade with a guilty look on his face, "Are you going to open it?" he asked, "Oh, right," he said just remembering, "I won the competition by 5 points," he said, "It was close but I pulled through!" said Jade as he sat down next to Kai, "So this city has a ghost gym? Zorua will love that,"

Cyber_Poipole

Kai threw the Pokeball, releasing a shiny Pikachu. "Pika?" it looked confused, you can tell it was taken from the wild, kidnapped. "Hey, little guy" kai pet the pokemon on the head. kai seemed to automatically have a bond with any pokemon he meets. "your free now buddy, go on" Pikachu wouldn't move, still confused.

Jade looked at the pikachu, it was only a small shade more orange, "Your pokemon are now ready," said the nurse as she looked over at the two, Jade got up and grabbed his pokemon, he let them out, "Hey guys can you tell the pikachu that its free," he said "Rose!" the roselia said to the pikachu.

Cyber_Poipole

"Pika" Pikachu jumped onto Kais shoulder. Kai rescued it, so it was ever grateful. "Pikachu...you wanna come with me?" kai placed him on the table. "Pikaaa" Pikachu jumped, returning itself to its Pokeball. "well...ok...I guess I just got my 5th pokemon"

"Huh, wow and I`m still at three," said Jade, "I hope I can catch another pokemon soon," he said as he looked at his three pokemon, "I`ll probably find one on one of the next few routes," he then added, "Well theres no time to waste, lets challenge the gym!" he said exitedly "I wanna get my 4th badge today!"

Cyber_Poipole

"Dont worry, I believe in you, I am the one to worry, I don't have any pokemon to counter ghost, but, I know I will pull through..but...I have to." Kai got up and grabbed his bag. "well then, let get a move on, were going to need to challenge the gym as soon as possible if we want to make it into pokemon league registry...and..if we wanna get to mount silver to get syd back..."

They walked out and went to the gym, the entire gym had a shadowy floor with platforms to stand on, it was almost like it was a portal to another world. One thing was clear, they didn`t want to fall in it, there was the gym leader Monty on one of the platforms, "So who is going to challenge the leader first?" asked Jade to Kai.

Cyber_Poipole

"Well...I went first last time" kai looked at Jade. "So, you go fist this time" Kai walked over to the stands, and because of the gym floor, it looked like he was walking on nothing. "what, I'm not afraid of ghosts" Kai smiled and sat down, waiting to see what jade was going to do, his only pokemon that can beat a ghost was zorua, but from what he knew zorua only knows Bite.

"This will be a 1v1 battle," said the judge, "Go gengar!" said Monty as he threw gengars pokeball, "Go Zorua!" said Jade as he threw zorua`s pokeball, "Use feint attack!" commanded Jade "Use sucker punch!" said Monty, zorua ran forward but gengar punched him back before he could hit him, "Now use shadow ball!" gengar formed a ball of darkness and sent it at the zorua as it flew back, there was a cloud of dust and zorua was lying on the ground, then there was a glow of light from zorua, "Your... Evolving!" said Jade as he watched it grow. Zorua grew into a zoroark, "Zoroark!" said Jade, it ran forward and used night slash on gengar taking it out in one hit. Monty gave Jade the Fog badge and he returned his zoroark "You did great," Jade said to his pokeball as he walked back to Kai.

Cyber_Poipole

Kai was shocked. he clapped as he ran over to jade. "good jab jade, and zoroark" he then got serious and walked over to the field. "1v1, so I know what I'm doing" kai smirked.
"Gengar"
Charizard!"
Kai watched as gengar winded up a fist for a sucker punch. "Charizard, to the skies" Charizard flew up and looked down. "HEAT BLAST!" kai yelled as Charizard blasted flames to the ground, missing gengar, but heating the ground up. he then flew down. "Fire Fang!" Charizard, with flaming teeth, bit gengars arm and tossed him up. in the air, Gengar took burn damage from the heat of the ground. charizard then flew up. "Flame crash" Charizard crashed into genger, hitting him against the wall. "Kai, the winner."
"good job charizard, return" Kai called back charizard.

“Hm? Oh, hey Kyle.” Scout squeaked at Kyle, wagging his tail.
“Oh, what’s wrong with me? Nothing much, Ripple and a wild Cyndaquill are getting checked up. I’m more concerned for the Cyndaquill, though. I tripped over it when running to this Center, and the poor thing was beat and bruised. I am thinking about capturing it, but I need to make sure it has a trainer for it to go to. Otherwise, it would be a good addition to fight Falkner!” Percer soon sighed, and so did Scout, even whimpering a bit.
“Although I should call my mom, she may be concerned about me since I never called her when I made it to Violet City. Oh, Mommy might be really mad...”

"I wouldn't worry about it." Kyle said. "Moms are experts when it comes to understanding, I doubt she'll be mad." Kyle then heard Nurse Joy calling for him. He turned back to Percer and said, "Hey, I think our Pokemon are healed."

"Ok the next gym leader is Jasmine in Olivine city which is right next to the whirl islands," said Jade, "She uses steel types, from there I have to beat Chuck, Pryce and Clair so we have quite a few more Towns to go through and then we can enter for the pokemon league, which is right next to mt. silver," said Jade.

Last edited:

Cyber_Poipole

"well...I need 1 more badge...and then to go to mount silver." kai walked out of the gym. "Syd needs me...and I need her...." that probably was the cutest thing Kai has said ever. he then looked up at the mountains. "I need to challenge Clair, then I will be done"

Jade looked up to the mountains aswell, it looked so far away, "Let`s go to the pokemon center," he said looking back down, to his damaged zoroark`s pokeball, "We need to get to the next town quickly, I still have 4 badges to go and not too long to get them," he said as he looked down to his badges.

Cyber_Poipole

"Lets get a move on, You challenge your gyms, I will watch from the stands" kai began to walk. "When im ready...ill go up...I need to get stronger...so..." kai began to tear up. "Sorry...memories is all...lets keep going"

Last edited by a moderator:
They went into the pokemon center and got their pokemon healed and headed off to route 38, Jade`s pokemon where following behind him sitting in the mane of zoroark "Let`s see if this attracts anything," said Jade as he began to play classic sinnoh music, soon a shinx appeared and hid in zoroarks mane with the other pokemon.

It took a while for Jade to notice it until it began to sing "Shinx, Shinx!" Jade turned around to see it, "I guess it worked," said Jade "Wanna join my team?" asked Jade to the shinx, it nodded "Shinx!" Jade caught it in a pokeball and brought it back out "Welcome to the team," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyber_Poipole

"nice, we both have electric types" kai laughed. "only yours isnt shiny, now, lets get a move on, I want you as strong as possible for the gyms" kai expressed, sitting on a rock. "after the pokemon leauge, if I win...I wanna settle down with syd, but If I dont, I wanna keep going till I win a leauge."

It wasn`t too long before they had both gotten to route 39, "These two area`s are pretty close huh?" said Jade looking over to see Olivine relatively close, he then looked over to see moomoo farm and a dozen or so miltanks, "I`m going to go buy some moomoo milk," he said, Jade walked into the building and bought two bottles.

Cyber_Poipole

"hmm....this place is pretty peacful" kai bought a bottle for himself and began to drink. "ahhhh...that actaully really good" kai bought 100 bottles worth, and walked like he didnt do anything. "So...jade...what are you going to do if you win the pokemon leauge?"

"Hmm, I`m not exactly sure, I guess I would travel the rest of the world," he said thinking it through, "I`ve never really thought of that, all that really matters to me is that I can travel with my pokemon, and the world is hopefully large enough to last me the rest of my life," he said and smiled to himself.

Cyber_Poipole

"I hope to win, either way, I will be happy. Lets go, the citys a few miles." kai walked promptly. "You go to the gym, I'll be right there, I just need to get our rooms ready" kai walked over to the pokemon center.

“Yeah. I guess you’re right. Hey, mind getting Ripple’s Pokeball for me? I want to go make the call.” Ripple’s pokeball, along with the Cyndaquill, were placed on the counter. Both seemed to be rested and restored, and a little tired.
Percer walked over to a phone booth outside, and called his mom.
“Oh, hey Momm-“ Percer’s mom yelled at him over the phone.
“Boy! I was so worried about you when you didn’t call! You know how I am about this ‘traveling’ stuff, I just don’t need you hurt and in the hospital when this is over, so I want you to talk to me!”
Percer was silent.
“S-sorry Mommy. It’s just that I was a little...sidetracked. I got into a Pokémon battle, and I found a hurt Pokemon on the street. I’m sorry I worried you. Bye now, my friend has my Pokemon.”
Percer hung up, and sighed. He hurried back into the Center.
“Sorry about that Kyle.”

Kyle grabbed his Pokemon, as well as Ripple and the Cyndaquil "No problem Percer." Kyle said. "Now here's your Pokemon." Totodile got situated on Kyle's shoulder, as Cyndaquil jumped out of his arms and went over to snuggle on Percer's leg. Kyle observed the creature and said, "Wow, that Cyndaquil really likes you."

“Sure does, it’s pretty cute. Alright, I’ll capture it for now, then whoever owns it, I’ll return Cyndaquill. I’ll name it Exphlo, just as my personal name.” Percer pulled out a pokeball, and tapped it’s nose, causing a red lightning to form around the fire type and travel into the ball. Successfully caught!
“I think I may use it in the battle with Falkner, just so the person this Cyndaquill belongs to Can have it with some extra battle experience.”

Jade walked into the gym, everything seemed metallic and shiny, he looked forward and saw the gym leader, "Hi im Jasmine and I`m and expert in steel types," they stood on the battlefield "This is a 3v1 battle where the challenger uses three pokemon, while the leader uses one," the referee said.

"Go Steelix!" Jasmine said as she threw out a pokeball for steelix, "Thats gonna be hard, go squirtle!" said Jade, the squirtle on his shoulder jumped off and ran forward, "Use aqua tail!' commanded Jade "Use Iron tail!" said Jasmine, squirtle attempted to land a hit but steelix slammed him into the ground "What?" said Jade.

"Fine go roselia!" said Jade, he threw a pokeball, "Use magical leaf!" the roselia sent a group of leafs with an aura around them, they landed on steelix but didn`t deal much damage "Iron tail!" steelix slammed down with its tail and roselia fainted.

"Go... Um..." said Jade as he thought for something, "Golem!" he threw a pokeball and zoroark appeared disguised as a golem "Use night slash," zoroark hit steelix but it barely felt a thing, "Use iron tail!" commanded Jasmine, the steelix slammed his tail down and zoroark fainted after ending the disguise.

Jade walked out and went to the pokemon center and gave his pokemon to the nurse, "That was hard," he said a he sat down "I`ll have to try something different."

Cyber_Poipole

kai sensed the sadness of jade. "Don't give up...I almost did in Kanto...I'm going to tell you what Syd told me...Never give up, no matter how intimidating the situation, no matter how tough, keep trying" kai held jades shoulder. "If you want, I can give you advice...and a pokemon of mine from kanto....but it might take some...encouragement for it to listen." kai offered.

"Really?" asked Jade, "Her steelix is too strong, I could only do even deal a incredibly tiny bit of damage to it, it could take out everything I had with just a single hit," he looked at his badges, "I have no idea what I`m gonna do," he said, "How hard was this battle for you?" he asked as he looked back up.

Cyber_Poipole

"not to make you feel bad, but easy, it was riolus first battle to be honest, I beat steelix with its brick break." kai looked at riolus pokeball. "fighting types can beat the steelix, and I have just the pokemon to help you...if you are willing to take it."

"Hmm, no that wouldn`t be winning, I would be betraying my pokemon then," replied Jade as he started looking at a map, "Ok I think I have a plan, we can go to Cianwood city and challenge that gym, from there we go to the safari zone where I can capture a pokemon to try and beat Jasmine," he said.

Cyber_Poipole

"no...please...take the pokemon...its a handful....and...actualy good comedic releaf" kai laughed as he went to the call mechene. "either way im calling oak to get it to me, you want it or not?"

Status
Not open for further replies.