• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm sure you'll beat him." Tawny nodded in a confirming way. "Hopefully we will too," she looked down at Colgate whose attention had drifted back to her. The eevee let out a cry and nodded as if he thought so as well. Tawny smiled at her partner for a minute before turning back to Kyle whose attention was on something beyond her. Tawny shifted in her seat, glancing over her shoulder before she saw what Kyle was staring at. A sableye, running their way. Tawny tipped her head to one side, mimicking Colgate's confused look.

Gem glanced for what seemed like a second, barely interested in the human. His gaze fixed on the shiny Eevee, and as he got closer he got more curious. Before getting too close, Robby finally caught up, almost out of breath. "Arceus alive, Gem you can't run off like that!" Gem, still ignoring him completely, jumped onto Robby's belt and grabbed a luxury ball. Looking at the Eevee then back at the ball, he opened it, revealing a shiny Umbreon.

Kyle watched the trainer run up to the Sableye, which opened a Pokeball on his belt. "Huh, what's that Pokemon?" Kyle asked to himself as he pulled out his Pokedex. The Pokedex responded with, "Umbreon, the Moonlight Pokemon and a Dark type. When agitated, this Pokemon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from it's pores." Kyle looked at the picture of the Pokemon on his Pokedex, then at the Umbreon and said, "Why does it look different from the picture. Wait, is that a shiny Pokemon?! Wow, that's so cool! Oh sorry, where are my manners? My name's Kyle."

Last edited:
Tawny's eyes widened in amazement upon seeing the Umbreon and she barely contained a squeal. She quickly got to her feet and Colgate found his way to her shoulder. The eevee let out a cry tipping his head as he stared at the Umbreon. "I know Col, cool right! Maybe you'll become an Umbreon," Tawny said looking at the black and blue pokemon in amazement. At that Colgate stuck his tongue out and Tawny laughed. "Maybe not then," she scratched at her ear, "oh, right," she held out a hand towards the Umbreon's trainer, "I'm Tawny and this is Colgate," she smiled, following Kyle's introduction with her own.

Blue shook his pelt and stretched his legs before noticing the Eevee as his ears perked up never seeing a shiny Eevee before besides himself. "I'm Robby. I'm sorry about that entrance." He apologize. "Gem is always doing the opposite of what hes supposed to do."

His eyes gazed away towards Blue then at Colgate. "I see why he ran over here. I've never see another shiny Eevee before." He stated.

"Your Sableye sounds a lot like my eevee," Tawny glanced at the pokemon on her shoulder frowning at him for a second as she thought about the money she'd wasted on more toothpaste. Her frown didn't last though as Colgate stuck his tongue out at her again and she laughed stretching out her arm and allowing the grey pokemon to walk across it before he leapt to the ground and took another step towards the Umbreon and sniffing the air. "I got Colgate as a present from my dad. He runs a shop back in Alola, we moved there from Lumiose when I was thirteen. Anyways he was given Colgate by a pokemon breeder who we'd given some free poke food when he couldn't pay. Two weeks later we were given this little fluff ball, and a week after that his nickname stuck, you see Colgate -" Tawny stopped talking, feeling her cheeks heat up as she realized how she'd started rambling.

Cyber_Poipole

Previously Cyberspace_warrik
the white energy fades to show that nidorino...has become a nidoking. "KIIIIING" nidoking locked fists with feraligator and began pushing it back. "HYPER BEAM"!!!!! nidoking charged its blast, as silver commanded Feraligator to use hydro pump. The to beams clashed and shook the ground. once the smoke cleared, nidoking, and Kai, had won

Robby nodded every now and then, listening to Tawny's story until she stopped herself. He chuckled a little, "I came across Blue as an Eevee curled up cold and hungry in an abandoned house. I don't know how he ended up there, hes refused to talk about it." He shrugged as he was introduced to Kyle's pokemon. "I love Totodile! My favorite Johto starter for sure."

Gem quickly crawled by the Hoothoot, tilting his head curiously as Blue placed himself around Robby and quickly laid himself at his feet.

Percer continued traveling down Route 30 and 31, sketching a few Pokemon along the way. The one’s that really caught his eye was a Ledyba and a trainer’s Chikorita. He soon remembered that he never received a starter Pokemon, although he was sure it didn’t matter.
Finally, Violet City! The pavement seemed to be covered by stone, and the noise of the city felt oddly strange to Percer, who was hoping that he’d really enjoy it. While walking along, Percer overheard a few trainers talk about Falkner, a gym leader.
... A gym leader! Percer grew very excited, and ran up to the trainers, his Sentrent falling off his head.
“Excuse me, but did you say ‘gym leader?’ By golly, do you know where the gym is?”

Cyber_Poipole

"Silver...you lost" silver was in shock. he just scoffed and walked off. "Now...I have to go to the pokemon center, hopefully, the kids there. and..." Kai turned to nidoking, who was looking at him. "thanks buddy, I know I neglected you in the past, but I am thankful now....I'm sorry....return" Nidoking returned to its Pokeball as kai ran back to the first floor, exiting the building.

"Ugh come on, didn`t get to battle anyone!" said Jade as he watched Kai leave, he then ran down the building making sure nobody saw him and he exited the building without being caught, "Ok let`s just tell him we lost and where just training, ok?" he said and his squirtle nodded, "Squirt!"

Cyber_Poipole

Kai walked into the pokemon center and sat. "Hmph, he isn't here...oh well..." kai gave his pokemon to the nurse and laid back on a chair. "Dont worry Syd...I'm coming" Kai looked up and began to have a flash back. he sat at the vermillion city harbor.
"Whats wrong kai, are you still bummed because of your lose"
"Yeah..."
syd sat next to him, she scooted closer to keep him company.
"Not everyone wins every time you know kai"
"He humiliated me"
"Infront of who"
"you" flashback kai looked down.
"He didn't. kai, he humiliated your pride, not you. you had false hope that you would beat every gym first time."
"But what he said.."
"Doesn't matter...."
"I should quit challenging the gyms.."
"Kai!"
"What..."
Syd hugged Kai then looked at him. "You an amazing trainer, you can win...just...dont...quit" she hugged him again as the two looked at the sunset.
"Fine...Ill challenge Lt. Surge again in the morning...and Syd"
Syd looked at him. "Thanks."
the flashback ends as Kai opens his eyes.

Jade walked into the pokemon center and saw Kai sitting down "Ugh I lost to the gym, I`ll have to challenge them again," he said as he sat down as well "I was just out training, so how did the radio tower go?" he asked trying his best to get away with the lie he had just created to give him an excuse.

Cyber_Poipole

"Syd wasnt their...shes at some mountain...but...." kai sat up. "I wanna beat the gym first so that way I can get the badge" kai got his pokemon and sat back at the table. "I beat my brother in a battle and...nidorino evolved to nidoking" Kai look at nidokings Pokeball.

"Wow cool!" said Jade still trying to look as real as possible "Wait, a mountain, there aren`t that many mountains in johto from memory. I can only think of mount silver," he said as he tried to think "Sure you can battle whitney first, her miltank is really strong though," he said just thinking about what he heard from other people.

Cyber_Poipole

"Won't need to worry." kai walked out and straight into the gym. "Witney, I have 5 gym badges, and I challenge you to get my 6th!" kai announced. the battle was fierce, one pokemon fainted after another. the last two standing were nidoking and miltank.
"Rollout miltank!!!" Miltank rolled into a ball and charged at the nidoking.
"power up punch!!!" Kai came back with. nidoking charged up its fist. right as miltank came at him, he punched miltank, bumping it back into the air. "Horn attack!" nidoking charged up and inpailed miltank, Kai has won. Witney reluctantly hands him his badge and kai walked out of the gym. "I will get us a room at the pokemon center, you challenge the gym" Kai walked into the pokemon center to make his plans to save syd from team rocket....and his father...

Jade watched Kai leave "Few," he didn`t need to hope whitney didn`t make any offhand comments that could make it seem like this was his first time challenging.

"This'll be a 3v1 battle, three to the trainer, one to the leader," said the referee, "Go miltank!" yelled whitney as she sent out her miltank, "Go squirtle!" yelled Jade as he commanded his squirtle to run forward, "Use aqua tail!" yelled Jade "Use rollout!" yelled whitney. Squirtles tail was surrounded by a bubble of water and miltank bagan to roll towards squirtle. The squirtle slammed its tail onto miltank, there was a burst of water and squirtle fell to the ground fainted, "What?" thought Jade.

"Go budew!" yelled Jade as he threw out a pokeball and budew appeared. "Use faint attack!" yelled Jade as the miltank began to roll up again for another rollout. Budew charged forward and hit miltank but was then hit back and was reveal to be zorua, "Again!" yelled Jade and zorua and miltank hit eachover taking out zorua and damaging miltank.

"Oh come on, your all that I have left, lets go budew!" he looked at budews pokeball and threw it and budew entered the battle. "Use, ugh, absorb!" yelled Jade but miltank hit it back hurting it "Budew, you can do it!" yelled Jade, right there budew began to glow, "Budew your... evolving!" yelled Jade, it grew into a roselia and sent seeds toward miltank, it was covered and began to get hurt and roselia began to heal. "Now use magical leaf," commanded Jade, before miltank could roll up roselia sent a group of leafs towards miltank damaging it. "Finish them with giga drain!" yelled Jade, roselia began to glow in green and so did miltank, the energy flow between them and miltank fell to the ground.

"Great job" said Whitney and she gave Jade his plain badge, he left the gym and began to walk to the pokemon center.

Cyber_Poipole

"Glad to see you won" Kai stood up and got some food and began to cook. "So, how did it go, how long I mean, felt like 3 minutes for me, you seem to be a good trainer" kai handed riolu some steak and ramen, handed jade chips and salsa, and got himself ramen.

Jade began to eat "I went through two pokemon to barely damage one, budew then evolved into roselia!" he said and released the pokemon from its pokeball. "Next gym is in Ecruteak city, its a ghost gym, have you beaten it yet?" he asked as he kept on eating his food as he returned roselia.

Cyber_Poipole

"No, i just need that and the dragon one" kai chewed his food and swallowed. "After we beat the two gyms, we have to get syd...." kai stopped and looked at riolu. "I am not only doing this for me...but riolu belongs to her....he was her first pokemon" kai ate and spoke at the same time.

"Ok, well I`m gonna need five more," he said as he kept eating "So whatever happened to your brother?" he asked "I didn`t see him leave from outside and I doubt he would stay," he asked as he checked the time on his phone, "It`s getting kinda late," he then said.

Cyber_Poipole

"I don't know...I walked out after I won" kai put his food away and jumped on the bed. "Welp, good night" Kai didn't even put a blanket on, he just closed his eyes and slept.

"Ok good Night," replied Jade, he let out his pokemon and got into bed, he then pulled over the sheets and he went to asleep, then his squirtle soon followed by roselia and after a couple more minutes of looking around zorua went to sleep as well and then, they where all asleep.

Cyber_Poipole

Kai woke up and went to the window, making sure Jade was asleep. he held the locket Syd gave him as he watched the sky. "Syd...I'm coming," he said softly. he watched the stars, forgetting about the girl.

zorua woke up first and then woke up the other two pokemon, they then woke up Jade "Ugh, good morning," said Jade as he began to get up. He got up "Good morning!" he said cheerfully comepletely refreshed from the last night of sleep "So are we going to ecruteak today?" he asked.

Cyber_Poipole

Kai looked at him. "Yeah, I can't wait to get my 2nd to last badge" Kai laughed and grabbed his backpack. "Lets waist no time jade" kai ran downstairs, gave nurse joy a tip for helping them, and bolted out the door onto the next route.

Jade followed right behind him "Soon we will get to the national park and the pokeathlon dome!" he said "The national park has so many great pokemon, I really wanna catch one," he then added, "A scyther or pinsir would be great!" he said as he looked through the species of the area.

Cyber_Poipole

"Hmmm...I would take a trapinch" kai told him with his hands behind his head. "they are good fighters, and have alot of will, even if they only know dig" Kai giggled at his own joke as he walked down the path. "we are half way to the national park, and about a day from ecritick."

Kyle responded to Robby's comment with, "Thanks, Totodile has been a really great friend to me. Tomorrow we're gonna challenge the gym leader and-" Kyle was cut off by an enthusiastic trainer running towards them saying, "Excuse me, but did you say 'gym leader'? By golly, do you know where the gym is?" Kyle responded in a very confused manner with, "Yeah, you just take a right from here, then take the next left until you see the gym."

"The leader's Falkner a flying type trainer," Tawny added in as Kyle explained the gym's location. "He's not supposed to be the most challenging of battles but I'm sure it won't be easy, that's why Colgate and I have been training extra hard. I really -" She cut off again and shook her head, "Sorry, I tend to ramble," Colgate let out a cry in agreement and she stuck her tongue out at the Eevee.

“Alright, thank you!” Percer bounced excitedly in the air, grabbing Scout. He soon calmed down, and Scout hopped on his shoulder. He looked in the direction on the sun.
“This is it! A start of a grand adventure, collecting gym badges with me and my partners! Together we...wait, he’s not in? Oh, that stinks. I guess we could do some training, how ‘bout it Scout?”
The Sentrent chirped in agreement, turning Percer’s cap around.
“Are guys going to challenge the gym too?” Percer asked as Scout persisted to keep his cap in the front. Percer whispered something to Scout, probably about the cap.

"Yeah, of course." Kyle responded to the enthusiastic trainer. "I lost to him once, but I've done some training and I'm sure I'll beat him. By the way my name's Kyle."

"And I'm Tawny, this is my partner Colgate," Tawny gestured first to herself and then to the shiny Eevee padding around at her feet. "Why do you ask? Oh!" A thought struck her and she smiled widely. "Do you want to have a battle to train?" She asked before turning from the new trainer to Robby and Kyle "Or how about you two? Do either of you want to battle?" She found herself growing more excited at the thought of battling any of the trainers. "That way we can all see where we stand and see how ready we are to battle him!" She paused before fiddling with the thumb holes in her jacket. "Or not, I dunno it was just an idea."

“Well fellow friends, I’m Percer, and this is my Sentrent, Scout.”
Scout squeaked happily, before bouncing off of his shoulder and interacting with the other Pokemon.
“Hey, now that I think about, we could battle, be and you, Tawny. Maybe a two on two match? One on one works two, it’s just that I’ve been wanting to use this new Pokémon. It’s going to be her first battle, aside from fighting Scout, and I just want to see if she’s fit for the gym. Ripple really showed her strength, so I have faith in her. Anyways, watta you say?” Percer grew very excited at the thought of battle, his new Heracross growing ever so strong in their journey.

Tawny stopped fiddling with her hoodie and looked back up at the other trainers, smiling again and nodding. "I think a two on two battle would be great, as long as you guys are up for it so am I." Colgate let out a cry and climbed up onto her shoulder, scaling her as if she was a tree. She laughed as she scratched the gray pokemon behind his ears. "Or I guess I should say we're up for it," Colgate nodded his approval and licked the side of her face, leaving her to wipe a hand down her cheek and roll her eyes at him.

"You can count on me for a battle Tawny." Kyle responded. "It can be me and Percer fighting you and Robby." He then turned to Robby and said, "As long as you're okay with it Robby."

Last edited:
“Alright then, super excited for this! I hope you are too, Ripple.” Squash grabbed the Heracross’s pokeball, clicking the button to expand it. Tossing the ball into the air, a bright light beam popped out, which soon manifested into a giant, navy blue bug with sharp points all around, and a horn with a heart looking part at the top of it.
“This is my other partner, Ripple! Despite the looks, she’s pretty friendly.” Ripple blushed a bit and waddled backward timidly.
“What, no, Ripple! This is your battle, you should be excited! Don’t stress it, I’ll command you, and be careful! Anyways, who are you guys startin’ with?” Scout seemed to be coaching Ripple from the sides, although the timid Heracross was still unsure of herself.

Kyle looked at the Heracross in amazement, and pulled out his Pokedex which said, "Heracross the Single Horn Pokemon and a Bug and Fighting type. This powerful Pokemon thrusts it's prized horn under the enemies' bellies then lifts and throws them." Kyle looked on his shoulder at Totodile, both nodded to each other and Totodile hopped off Kyle's shoulder ready to battle.

"I think I'll go with Squiggy," Tawny walked to her her bag, crouching next to the bench where it sat. She unzipped the bag and rummaged around for her stash of pokeballs, first pulling out a regular pokeball that she knew was empty, next it was a greatball that belonged to Colgate and finally after another few seconds of rummaging she pulled out a friendball. As she did so Colgate padded over to her and let out a cry, tipping his head to the side. "No, don't give me that look, you've had plenty of practice recently, it's someone else's turn." She tossed the two unnecessary pokeballs in the bag and re-zipped it, leaning it back against the bench. Tawny stood back up and clicked the button on the friendball, revealing a mareanie. "Squiggy, say hi." The mareanie glanced at the other trainers and pokemon blinking a couple of times as if bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.