• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next morning Kyle quickly bolted up, filled with too much excitement to wait. He turned to see Totodile filled with much energy as well. They stood up and got ready in record time, then ran over to Percer's bed. Kyle shook Percer's shoulder and tried to wake him up, "Hey Percer wake up! We got to get to the gym bright and early!" As Kyle was trying to wake up Percer, Totodile was at his feet waking up the other Pokemon.

Percer, along with his Pokemon, were snoring happily, engulfed in a great dream. As soon as Kyle shook him, he jolted awake and rolled over, causing Scout and Exphlo to be crushed by his legs.
He made a long yawn, before stretching in every which way.
“Ugh...I was invested in such a good dream. Glad you woke me up Kyle,” Percer added sarcastically. He hopped out of bed, while the rest of his team woke up.
“Alright guys. Today we fight Falkner, so we have to give it our best! So, I’m going to go change clothes, I’ll see you in a second Kyle. Ripple, Scout, Exphlo, if you guys need your last ounces of sleep before the gym, get ‘em!” Perch exited the room to change into something travel-y.

Robby was still asleep, one leg hanging off the bed as he slept away the early morning. Gem, somehow a sleepwalker, had fallen asleep in the bathroom door. Blue however, was still asleep curled up at the edge of the bed.

"Ow!" Tawny sat up in a start, she glared over at the source of her awakening. Colgate tipped his head to the left and let out a cry, eyes sparkling with amusement. Tawny frowned at the pokemon and rubbed at her wrist mumbling angrily as her fingers brushed over the tiny teeth marks there. Foil was on high alert and let out a cry, launching herself at the Eevee who dodged with a startled cry.
"No! Stop it." Tawny toppled off the bed as Foil lunged at Colgate. Tawny watched her pokemon from the floor rolling her eyes as the Eevee reached out a paw to bat at the Honedge. He then dodged another hit and swiped out again.
"Cut it out you two. Save your energy for our gym battle." Tawny got to her feet and almost lost her footing as Colgate leaped into her arms. She had half the notion to drop the Eevee as he turned and stuck his tongue out, further angering the Honedge who let out an angry screech. Tawny frowned and tapped Colgate on the nose shaking her head at him. He was so annoying sometimes, but she couldn't help but smile a little, no matter how annoying she couldn't hate the little ball of fluff in her arms. Tawny did a quick sweep of the room with her eyes, noticing that Squiggy still slept soundly under the table, unaffected. She then glanced at Robby, scrathing the back of her neck with one hand and holding Colgate with the other.
"Sorry about that. These two get carried away sometimes. Well, maybe more like a lot of times."

Kyle and his Pokemon were sitting the Pokemon Center lobby, waiting for the others. Totodile was at his feet, playing with Hoothoot. Kyle glanced up to see a Kimono Girl walk into the center, who then sat down next to him. The woman looked over at Kyle and said, "Your name is Kyle, right? Professor Elm has told me a lot about you. He said he wanted me to give you this." The woman handed Kyle an egg that was a bright green color with one large red spot in the middle." Kyle stared at the egg for a minute, before turning to thank the woman. When he turned around however, she was gone.

Percer came back and ran into the room after putting on some new clothes. His Pokemon woke up, and slowly started getting themselves together.
“Oh, wake up you lot! Today’s the day we fight Falkner and get our first badge! Aren’t you excited?” His team yawned in unison, with Exphlo heading back to sleep. Percer sighed and picked up his backpack.
“Huh. My backpack just seems heavy every day. What’s in it...?” Perc placed down his bag, unzipping it and pulling out a few items. Obviously his sketchbook and fishing rod were in there, but he noticed a few books, a small box or erasers, extra laces, and water bottle, and the thing that took the most space: A small egg laying on a blanket. Now his backpack was large, but all this stuff fitting in there was odd, the egg being the most peculiar. Percer shrugged, and zipped the backpack up. Scout jumped on his shoulder, and the rest of his team walked out the room, and into the lobby.
“Hey Kyle. I’m fixed up and ready to go. Are you exited for the gym battle? This will be my first one, so hopefully I’ll get a bit of beginner’s luck, heh.”

"What in the name of Arceus.." Robby mumbled as the two fighting pokemon woke him along with his team. Ignoring the scuffle, he checked the time on his watch and slowly sat up smacking his lips with a tired expression on his face. With a sigh and messy bed head, he stood up and stretched hard making him go light headed, "Good morning." He said to Tawny mid stretch.

Grabbing his toiletry bag and spare clothes, he patted Blue on the head as he went to go brush his teeth and freshen up. He came out wearing a plain long white shirt with the sleeves rolled up,blue shorts with flowers on them, and salmon colored sneakers, and ofcourse, Gem on his shoulder. He called Blue back to his ball as he began to pack away his belongings, "Are you challenging the gym today?"

"Yeah," Tawny nodded to Robby as he exited the bathroom. She'd gathered her pokemon and gotten a new pair of clothes from her bag while waiting for her turn. "I'm super excited. Cause this'll be the first badge if we win. After this one i think I'll feel a lot more confident about the next ones, cause I guess I'm still a little nervous. The battle yesterday was great but we we're the first ones out and I just kinda keep wondering like - what if we aren't strong enough yet, ya know?" After asking the question, Tawny turned to stare over her shoulder at Colgate who'd previously been jumping from bed to bed but had stopped and was staring at her.
"Never mind." She rubbed the back of her neck and stood, her clothes in one hand and tooth brush and paste in the other as she made her way to the bathroom, feeling awkward for having spoken so much. She always did that and no matter how much it bothered her it was an almost unstoppable force. She changed quickly, heaving on her familiar yellow jacket and brushing her teeth. She tired to act as her casual confident self upon returning to the main room. Colgate was laying down on the bed, his ears perked up and he let out a cry upon seeing her, hopping onto her shoulder just as she bent down to place her pajamas and toiletries back in her bag. She smiled at him and rubbed his ears as she stood, slinging her bag over the shoulder unoccupied by her partner. She tried to calm her swimming nerves as she thought about the upcoming battle but to no prevail.
"Ready to go whenever you are."

"His Johto Journey finally began"...or so it would take much more time before that happened than he thought. Damien was stuck, still in Cherrygrove City, many days after getting his trainer card. Only one thing was blocking his way forward, his mother...
She was so stubborn, that she made him give up. Give up on convincing her, not on his journey. One night, he packed up all he thought necessary for his journey, and sneak out with his Eevee. He was having it one way or another.

Finally, Damien step in route 30, going towards Violet City. No trainer would be there, in the way, so close to midnight. Or so Damien thought, and wrong he was. "Hey YOU there! YOU with the Eevee!" a random trainer said. Damien, picked up by surprise, made a terrible mistake. He accidentally made eye contact with the random trainer! "Yes YOU! You're a trainer! I can smell it!" the random trainer continued. He was so loud, always seemed to be speaking in exclamation, and probably waking up a tons of pokémons, which bothered Damien in turn. But this should be the least of his worries, as the following would be a nightmare.

"My name his Joey, and I challenge you into a battle with my top percentage Rattata-ta-ta...-ta-TA!" Joey finished, blocking the "only" path forward. There was no way around it, someone add to teach him how to shuuu... I-I mean, how to be more quiet. Darwin was already ready, Damien accepted the "challenge", Joey trew his Rattata-ta-ta on the field, and the epic battle began.
"Okay, Rattata, use-...!" but Joey didn't have time to finish that the battle was already over. The Eevee knocked out the Rattata immediately, before Damien even said a thing. Damien and Darwin walked past Joey, who still didn't know what just happened.
"Your rat...tata needs more training, and healing, and please be more quiet, pokémons are sleeping at this hour."
"B-but your Eevee attacked without warning! YOU can't do that! It's cheating!"
"No. It's called element of surprise, and I wouldn't have needed to say anything for this battle anyway. Good bye."
Thus, Damien continued on his way, trying to ignore Joey who was trying to give him his phone number.

No one else was on route 30 and 31, only that crazy kid, and Violet City was in sight. So the morning sun was. "Vee Bervee!" Darwin joyfully said to Damien, as he jumped into his arms. "AWW! Did... did you just said what I think you just said?!?" Damien answered, hugging Darwin. Today Damien was turning 16.

(ooc: again, i thought this rp was dead. i was SO wrong. ill be here mostly everyday from now on, even if the rp look dead again. also we might need a discussion page, so i don't have to ooc everytime... i don't know how to do one.)

Kyle looked up from the strange egg to say, "Yeah, and I hope all of us win. Falkner is no pushover though. By the way, have you seen the other two?"

(OOC: Hey guys, there is a new discussion board for Johto Journeys. All you have to do is go under the Role Play tab and click "Pokemon Role Play Discussion".)

"Well, you don't really have any flying weaknesses." Robby pointed out as he finished gathering up his stuff. "Also, it wasn't a 1v1. And not against flying types. Just different circumstances is all. You might win!" He added. "And, yeah I'm ready." He nodded, heading out and returning the room key.

Tawny trotted along after Robby, feeling slightly better at his words of encouragement but she still couldn't shake the anxiety that was building in her stomach as he returned the key. She shot a glance over her shoulder and spotted what looked like Kyle and Percer. Colgate let out a yip from his spot on her shoulder and she smiled at him.
"Wanna meet up with the others and head to the gym?" Tawny turned back to Robby before pausing for a moment. "Or maybe we could get something to eat? Like, I'm sure everyone wants to be completely ready for their battle right? So maybe breakfast could make sure that we're all mentally and physically prepared. You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day -" she laughed slightly at the rhyme before shrugging with a frown. "I dunno though, I'm not sure I could stomach anything, my nerves are all over the place." She scratched Colgate behind the ears.

In the days he was locked up in his room, Damien had time make some research about Johto, the gyms leaders and their specialty. It's recommended to start in Violet City, where Bird Master Falkner is, and that's where Damien is headed, planning to get his first badge immediately, without sleep. But just before setting foot in the City, something caught his attention. A lone Zigzagoon at the city entrance, who seemed to be looking for something. And it didn't seemed afraid of humans, so Damien figured that it probably wasn't wild.

He went to him, kneel down, and asked "Hey there, are you looking for your trainer?" The Zigzagoon was a bit startle, but didn't ran, as expected. The little thing tried communicating with Damien, and seemed to be panicking a bit. Before Damien could reply, Darwin stepped in, and the two pokémons started a long conversation. After being done, Darwin turned to Damien and out a big "Eevee!" "I... guess I'll take that as a yes to my question." He turned to the Zigzagoon "It's okay, we'll find your trainer" Damien replied, and as he was going to pet the Zigzagoon, the little thing jumped on Damien's arm, up to his shoulder, and curl up there.

"O-okay? You can stay there until we find your trainer, I guess? Hope you don't mind if we visit a certain gym first." And after this, Damien and co. finally made it to Violet City, only a little walk away from the big upcoming battle, maybe new friends, and not enough sleep.

Robby's stomach began to growl at the thought of breakfast, "Oooh yeah let's do that first. I'm sure there's plenty of good delicious places to eat." He said slightly excited to fill his belly. Gem rubbed his belly, mimicking Robby's excitement.

Kyle overheard the conversation between Tawny and Robby and walked over to them. He then said, "Yeah, I could go for something to eat too." Totodile then jumped off his shoulder and started happily jumping up and down and clapping. Kyle looked down at it and said, "Looks like you're hungry too buddy."

"It... seems it's not open yet." Damien was standing in front of the gym, half an hour before opening time. "For some stupid reasons, I imagined it was a 24h on 24 thing, it didn't come to me that such a thing would be obviously impossible." He then looked at the Eevee, who looked a bit tired. "Yeah, well... I guess were not really ready anyway; eating only snacks on the way here won't do, let's go get us a proper breakfast, and some rest from our long walk." he then stroke at the Zigzagoon's fur, and continued "And that mean food for you too, of course!"

They then started walking around the City, not too sure to which place to go.

Last edited:
“Yeah! My team and I could really use some grub, since I went to bed on an empty stomach last night.” Percer recalled his Pokemon into their pokeballs, aside from Scout, who was perched on his shoulder. Percer walked up to the rest of the group, yawning a little. A thought popped into his head, about what he was going to do after Falkner. Maybe participate in the Pokemon League? That sounded interesting enough. Percer’s stomach growled, taking his mind off of the future, and on to the present.
“So, uh, what are we going to eat?”

"Oh." Tawny hadn't even thought about that. She tried to remember the places she'd seen around but her mind seemed to be failing her. Violet City wasn't small, not like Iki Town back in Alola, but it had nothing on some of the cities she remembered from Kalos. She glanced to Colgate who tipped his head and let out a bark like noise.
"What do you think buddy?" The Eevee's eyes lit up at that and he leaped from her shoulder, landing next to Totodile before wagging his bushy tail and beginning to walk towards the doors at the Pokemon Center's exit. She sighed and glanced at the others shrugging as if to ask if they were up for following her crazy partner. All she could hope as she began to walk after the Eevee was that he knew where he was going and that Colgate wouldn't start running, she hated doing that in the mornings.

Damien didn't wander too far before picking a restaurant by random. A Sushi High Roller. "They have theses here too? Well, it'll be a bit of an expensive breakfast, but why not? Today IS a special day for me anyway." Damien said, and there they went. As popular as the Sushi High Roller is, there wasn't too many clients right now, which pleased Damien. The party took a table near a window, and asked for a Z-kaiseki: Ronin set, with an Nanab berry french toast for extras. In order to be ready for the gym, they went all out on food.

The little furball was hesitant to start eating, but after seeing the Eevee giving him a big smile, cheeks full, he happily dig right in. Impatient for the gym battle, they were coming up with many ways they could defeat Falkner, speaking mouth full.

"I might know a place." Robby pointed out. "Its on the other side of the city. They sell almost anything you want." He began to head out of the pokemon center to go get breakfast, hoping the rest of the team follows.

"Uh, Robby." Kyle called after him. "Colgate's one step ahead of you." Kyle then turned to follow Tawny and Colgate out of the Pokemon Center. Totodile hopped on his shoulder and they began to walk out.

“Hey guys...I think I’ll skip out on breakfast. I want to train for Falkner, plus I’d like to see Exphlo’s abilities. Ya’ll go on ahead.” Percer sent out Ripple and Exphlo, walking over to a nearby rock, close to a lake behind the Trainer’s School.
“Ok team, there are ten rocks here, three for each of you. We’ll start with the smallest rocks and build our way up. Ripple, you’re first! Use Megahorn!”
The blue beetle’s horn began to shine, causing a bright, almost blinding light to appear. The Heracross exposed her wings, and flew above the ground just a little bit. She charged straight for the rock closest to a tree, obliterating it in the process. The rock was now just a pile of pebbles and dust.
“Nice work Ripple! Awesome job! Scout, you’re next. See the rock on the edge of the lake?” The Sentrent nodded in understanding.
“Use your Iron Tail on that, now.” Scout hopped off Percer, and his tail hardened, before glowing white just as Megahorn did. Scout jumped and did a summersault, before slamming the stone with his hard, cold tail, easily breaking it. The Sentrent hopped away on its tail, before looking back at it’s trainer with excitement.
“Amazing performance Scout! Exphlo, it’s your turn.” Exphlo nervously approuched the rock, fidgeting with his paws(?).
“Hmm...I’ve seen Cyndaquill on TV before...try a Flamethrower!” Exphlo tried and tried, but all the came out of its fire sockets were...smoke.
“Not even a Flamethrower? This will take some time...”

The food disappeared from the table, into their belly, faster than anticipated. There was still some time before the gym opened, and so the party decided to go on a walk around the city, taking some fresh air. While Darwin and furball were playing together, Damien got himself lost in his thought, on a less happier note that he was a minute ago. He wondered if he was going too fast on Darwin; the gym would only be their third real battle. "And I'll need more allies soon." he thought as he was looking at the zigzagoon, but immediately turned his head, remembering that he was already taken. Then there was the whole thing about running from home; consequences would catch up soon, and he only just realized it.

Before going too deep lost in thoughts, the heavy sound of a boulder breaking brought him back into reality by surprise. "What was that?" he asked himself, as he quickly walked around the Trainer’s School to find a kid ordering his pokémons around, or that was what it looked to him. The kid was now asking his Cyndaquill to use flamethrower. Damien felt like he needed to step in. This would mean another human interaction, but so be it.

"S-sorry, but I think your doing it wrong. I-i mean, that Cyndaquill is obviously not very experienced, you can't really ask him to learn such a powerful move right away. And even if he could, I don't think it would have any effect on a rock..."

(occ: also i think you meant sentret, not sentrent)

Last edited:
(ooc: I knew I was spelling something wrong. Hmm...)

Percer picked up Exphlo, who seemed very disturbed about not being able to unleash it’s flames. The fire mouse was then placed back down, and looked towards the group in shame, although he felt a little better after his buddies encouraged him. Percer looked back at the this trainer who spoke to him.
“Hm? Oh, Exphlo? Yeah, he’s new, just trying to see if he did have Flamethrower...just a guess. But I don’t know any other moves this Cyndaquill has either. Probably Tackle, but that’s all I can think of. Getting ready to challenge the gym, I’m not sure if I should use Exphlo though.” Exphlo was talking to Scout and Ripple about whatever.
“Maybe I should use the PC system and check him out a bit, since I don’t have a Pokedex. Exphlo, come here!” The Cyndaquil was rolling along in a ball around Ripple and Scout, who were congratulating him.
“Is that a new move or some kind of trick?”

Examining the Cyndaquil, Damien said "Well, if I had to guess, he trying to use rollout? But he's far from having mastered it yet; he should start learning quick attack, and going up from there more easily. Still a good start, thought. Which prove that you shouldn't underestimate him, neither overestimate him, for the gym battle."
Feeling that he was worried for nothing, Damien was about to leave, but then hesitated, and said "S-speaking of which, I'm about to challenge the gym myself. If your training is done, would you... want to come along? It should be open now, and going early would be best. Well, in my opinion, before there is a too long waiting line."

“Alright, Yeah. We should head for the gym. My friends might be there too, so I’ll hurry. Exphlo, Ripple, return!” The two Pokemon were recalled back into their pokeballs, while Scout hopped on his shoulder.“Alright, we should head off now. By the way, I didn’t get your name. I’m Percer, and this is by buddy, Scout.” Scout squeaked with delight as Percer stroked his head. “Yours?” He held out his hand for a handshake.

Physical contact, the worst part of any human interaction, or so Damien thought. But he guessed trying once in a while wouldn't hurt too much, as he grabbed Percer's hand for the handshake and said "The name is Damien, and that little furball is Darwin. Quite confusing, I know, many mixed up our names. And this is..." Damien stopped, looking at the Zigzagoon. He didn't know his name, or even if his trainer ever gave him one. He hoped that the Zigzagoon wouldn't mind giving a name for the meantime "... this is Novel, a new addition in my team." Damien lied, but the Zigzagoon looked quite happy, or simply he didn't understood what Damien just said.

"Well, let's head for the gym, shall we?"

Last edited:
(OOC: He told me to leave him at the pokecenter, so I`m not autoing, but this was the funnest battle to write ever, it`s the length of one of my english assignments)
Eventually Kai and Jade got to Mahogany town, Kai stayed in the pokemon center as Jade went to get his seventh badge, he walked in the gym, it was a narrow hallway made of ice, "Come on out wartortle!" he said as he opened wartortles pokeball, "I`m gonna need to ride you," he said, he then sat on his shell and rode him to the other end of the ice, he got up and walked to the gym leader, "Return," he said as he returned wartortle to it`s pokeball.

"I have been training Pokémon since before you were born. I do not lose easily. I, Pryce - the Winter Trainer - shall demonstrate my power!" said the leader turning around to throw out his first pokemon`s pokeball, "Go seel!" he said as a seel appeared, the battlefield was made of a thick layer of ice, "Ok go roselia!" said Jade throwing his roselia`s pokeball, "This will be a 3v3 battle," said the announcer "Run forward and hit them with spore!" Jade commanded, roselia ran forward swiftly covering the ice with little problems, they hit their rose`s into the face of the seel making it fall asleep, "Jump back and use magical leaf!" roselia did a backflip pushing itself at a metre range, it pushed it`s rose forward and leaves rapidly flew out of them hitting seel, it fell to the floor fainted, "Return," said Pryce returning it to it`s pokeball, "We`re doing well roselia!" said Jade, "Rose!" it replied.

"Don`t think you`ve one too quickly," said Pryce, "Go dewgong!" the large dewgong appeared, "Ice shard!" he commanded, the dewgong opened it`s mouth and a large group of small shards of ice flew out being sent at roselia, "Dodge it!" Jade commanded roselia quickly dodged it with it`s swift movement, "Again!" commanded Pryce, "Spore!" Jade commanded, roselia jumped up to avoid the shards and hit it in the face with spore, "Magical leaf!" the rosela did what it had earlier and jumped back and sent leaves flying from it`s roses at the dewgong, it took longer but eventually dewgong fell to the ice floor fainted, "Return!" Pryce said, "Just one left, let`s make this a 3 for 1," Jade said.

"Don`t overestimate yourself, go Mamoswine!" said Pryce, he threw out a pokeball and his ace came out, a huge mamoswine, "Use Icicle crash!" he commanded, "Dodge it and run forward to use spore!" commanded Jade, once again roselia dodged it and jumped up to hit mamoswine with spore, but it quickly slammed it`s foot into the ice forcing a layer of water to appear blocking the attack and hitting roselia of balance onto the floor, fainting instantly, "What?" Jade said confused, "I can`t hit it," he added, "Return you did great!" he said returning it to it`s pokeball.

"There are two pokemon I know may be able to deal with this, that`s two pokemon with a chance to maybe get me the win, go luxio!" he said throwing out a pokeball to reveal luxio, "Charge forward and use double team!" Jade commanded, luxio ran forward and created a dozen clones of itself, "Blizzard!" Pryce commanded, a blizzard began to form and it hit all the clone`s making them disappear, then behind mamoswine zoroark appeared using night slash, "Hit back!" Pryce commanded, as zoroark got to mamoswine they hit into the floor making the same spurt of water from before pushing zoroark upwards, "Icicle Shard!" Pryce commanded, the mamoswine sent shards at zoroark in midair and it fell to the ground fainted, "Ok, return," Jade said returning it to it`s pokeball.

"bud, let`s win this, together!" said Jade looking at a pokeball, "Go!" he threw the pokeball and wartortle jumped onto the ice battlefield, "Use dig, or whatever you would call it here!" Jade commanded Wartortle dug under the ice, it swam to mamoswine and sat under the closest hole it created, "Jump up and use aqua tail, the pokemon flew out the hole and slammed it`s tail onto mamoswine, "Finally!", Jade said "Fury attack," Pryce commanded, wartortle was hit multiple time`s and was hit onto the floor back to Jade, he stood down to the hurt wartortle, "It doesn`t matter, you don`t need to win," Jade said, but then wartortle got up slowly and began to walk forward, then it glowed and grew larger, "Your, evolving!" said Jade, it evolved into blastoise and roared, "BLAST!"

The two pokemon stared eachover face on, "Use aqua jet!" Jade commanded, blastoise surrounded it self with a stream of water and flew at mamoswine, "Catch him with your tusks!" Pryce commanded, blastoise slammed between the tusk`s, "Hit him down!" Pryce commanded, but then blastoise grabbed on mamoswine and slammed him into the icy water and jumped down after him, there was a few second`s of battling that was unviewable until, blastoise flew out in an aqua jet holding mamoswine and the two slid onto the ice with mamoswine fainted and blastoise not he got up and walked over to Jade, "Blastoise!" he yelled hugging the cold wet blastoise not caring, "You did great," he said still hugging him, "Same goes for you," said Pryce walking over and giving him the glacier badge, Jade returned blastoise and walked back to the pokemon center giving his pokeballs to nurse joy.

“With that, we shall.”
Percer headed along with Damien to the gym as a question stormed through his mind. Kyle did lose to Falkner once...so Percer was trying to think of a strategy. Rollout from Exphlo? He just learned the attack. Ripple would be demolished in the flying type gym. Scout was his best bet. It did have Iron Tail, but nothing else of use. Shoot. Percer looked over to Damien.
“Hey, what’s going to be your strategy in the gym? I’m not sure how I’m going to win against Falkner. My friend said he lost his first type, so I’m trying to come up with a tactic to beat him...what’s your idea?”

"My strategy?" Damien asked, as the group arrived at the gym doors. "Well, from my research, Falkner has two pokémons, a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto. They probably love using sand-attack, but I'll take advantage of that... you'll see what I mean."
Damien was about to open the door, but stopped in his track and asked "Oh, do you want to do the honors? Or are you letting me break the ice first? ...basically I'm asking if you want to go first."

On the way to breakfast Kyle observed the gym, and saw two trainers outside. One, a boy with dark blonde hair he didn't recognize, the other Percer. Kyle turned to Tawny and said, "Ya know, I'll skip breakfast. Catch ya later!" He then began to walk over to the gym with Totodile on his shoulder.

“You can go first. I’ll observe.” Percer entered in the Violet City gym, half amazed, half worried. His specialty was flying type Pokemon, so he was goin goin to have to come up with an innovate strategy to beat him. Percer still though about it as he sat on the sidelines. Scout hopped off his shoulder, and nudged Percer, bringing him back into reality.
“Right. Do good on your battle, Damien!”

"T-thanks, Percer. Alright, well here goes nothing! You're ready Darwin?" Damien asked, as the Eevee happily responded. Damien and co. walked up to the battle field, where they found the gym leader, Falkner, standing on a high ledge. ""Welcome to my gym, challenger! And well... good morning as well! You're the first challenger of the day." Falkner said, as a strong gust of wind could be felt. "You're name, if you please."

Damien gazed around, before answering "I.. I'm Damien... Damien Raymond! And Me and my friends are here to challenge you!"
"Well, show me what you're made of!" Falkner replied, as a referee for the gym walked over and said, "This will be a 2 on 2 battle between the challenger, Damien, and the gym leader Falkner. This battle will end once either sides pokémons have all been defeated. The battle may began!"

Falkner reached for his pokéball and said "Can you defeat my perfect combination of bird pokémons? Pidgey, I choose you!" Damien pointed forward, and replied "I think we can! Darwin, it's all you!" And the fierce battle began, as Falkner ordered his Pidgey some sand-attacks. Darwin completely ignored them, letting himself get hit by them, as the little Eevee uses swift, dealing a great deal of damage. "It's seem you were prepare for this." Falkner said "Well in that case, Pidgey! Go full out on offensive!" The Pidgey threw himself at the Eevee with a tackle, but missed, and Darwin was able to finish it with another swift. "Pidgey is knocked out!" The referee said.

"Well well, it seems I shouldn't have underestimate you, but are you ready for this?" Falkner said, as he now threw in his other pokémon on the field, a Pidgeotto. "The main threat. Darwin, time to go all out!" Damien said, and the little Eevee began using swift after swift, attacking the Pidgeotto non-stop. But it would be meaningless. "Roost, then attack, my dear Pidgeotto," Falkner orders were. All damage dealt by Darwin was almost completely heal off every time. By time, the Eevee grew tired and weaker from constantly attacking, getting hit and not having slept since the day before. "Time to end this; Pidgeotto, now!" Falkner ordered, as the bird pokémon landed a finishing blow on Darwin. "Eevee is knocked out!" The referee said.

"D-darwin!" Damien quickly ran to the Eevee and took him in his arms. "I-I'm sorry, it's my fault; I should have known that-" "...vee." The injured Eevee interrupted him with a faint smile. "Is everything alright?" Falkner asked. But Damien was lost in thoughts. I lost. I just had Darwin, and he wasn't ready. What was I thinking?!? I'm so- But again, a pokémon interrupted Damien's thoughts. It was the Zigzagoon this time, ready for battle. "Y-you.. you'll fight for me?" Darwin said, in a low voice. "Is everything alright?" Falkner asked, again "We can stop if you want; there is no shame in losing. You can retry any-" "I'm fine! Were fine, let's continue." Damien walked back to his spot, Darwin still in his arms. He didn't know how he felt about using someone else pokémon, but the Zigzagoon, Novel, was his only hope of winning.

"Both participant are down to their last pokémon; the battle may now continue!" The referee said. "No more holding back; Pidgeotto, finish this quickly!" Falkner ordered. Damien was thinking quickly for a battle plan. What does a Zigzagoon know. Sand-attack? No good, he would be defeated before it take good enough effect. And he doesn't have quick attack, right? So my only option is to retaliate with a strong hit? Unless... ! "Zig.. I-I mean, Novel! Use headbutt! As quickly as you can!" And with this, the little furball jumped at the Pidgeotto, more quickly than anyone had anticipated, striking the bird pokémon by surprise, which made it flinch. "Yes! Now's your chance, Novel. Go all out!" Damien said. The Zigzagoon responded with an attack too quick for the eye, hitting the Pidgeotto in a blind spot, for critical damage. It was an Extreme Speed. "...Pidgeotto can no longer battle, and Falkner is out of usable pokémon. Damien won!" The referee said.

"Well well, I did said I wanted to finish this quickly, but I wasn't expecting things to go this way." Falner walked up to Damien, and continued "Well, congratulation! Here's your Zephyr Badge," he said, as he gave Damien the badge in question. Damien gazed at the badge in his hand for quite a moment, before closing his hand, picking up Novel, now having both pokémons in his arms, and said "Thank you." "Ha! You deserve it. Now, if you'd excuse me, I'll go get my pokémons ready for my next challenger." Falkner said, as he turned to Percer "I'll be back in a moment for you, don't worry," and then left. Damien walked off the battle field, at Percer side. Both pokémon still in his arms, and the badge in his closed hand, he had no idea what to say anymore.

Kyle walked into the gym and observed the battle atop the ledge. "Hey Perc!" He yelled while running over to Percer. "Good luck on your battle bud! You'll do great!" Totodile cheered on Percer as well as Kyle stuck his hand up for a high five.

There was now another kid talking to Percer, who had a Totodile with him. Both him and the pokémon seemed quite young and lively, full of energy, contrary to Damien himself, who now looked very tired, and both pokémons in his arms were now sleeping, out probably of exhaustion. "...is that a friend of yours, Percer?" Damien asked Percer in a low, tired voice. "Anyway, I also wish you good luck on your gym challenge. May you and your pokémons do your best."

Damien then sat down on the stadium seats, putting both the Eevee and Zigzagoon on a seat next to him, finally being able to put away the badge in his bag.

“Oh, uh, yeah. Thanks Kyle, I’ll make sure to do my best!” Percer hopped off the stands, and high fives Kyle. He took his position in a small rectangle, and stared at the battlefield. His legs began to feel a bit shaky, but he had to focus on the battle. “Okay, you must be Percer?” Falkner asked. Percer has jumbled on his words, but a small “yes” came out. “Good, so let’s start the battle. Go Pidgey!”

Falkner’s pokeball span rapidly and fell on the ground. Soon, a white streak of light burst from the ball and made its way to the dirt, revealing Pidgey. “Oh-that’s right. Alright. Go, Exphlo!”Percer’s pokeball did the same, revealing a white streak. The Cyndaquil came out, although he yawned and scratched his belly. Soon realizing what was going on, Exphlo hopped up and scrapped the ground.

“Exphlo! Use your Rollout attack!” Exphlo nodded, and jumped up into the air. Quickly, the small fire type curled into a ball and rolled furiously, before falling to the ground. The fast rotation turned into a small spin, and Exphlo just stopped. “Hmph. So much for that. Pidgey, Tackle!” The Pidgey charged and slammed into Exphlo, sending him flying, although he managed to get up rather quickly.

“Argh, use Tackle attack Exphlo!” Exphlo rammed straight for Pidgey, but the small bird was still airborne, and the attack barely missed. “Hmph,” Falkner scoffed. “Pidgey, use Gust!” A whirlwind appeared from its wings, and sent little Exphlo flying, and back on the ground. “Cmon Exphlo...!”
Falkner looked down. “I’ll end this quickly. Tackle!” Pidgey slammed into Exphlo, this time with more power. And with that, the fire type was down. “Cyndaquil is out of the match!”

Name: Niko
Pokemon:
Deino
level 8 - Tackle - Dragon Rage - Focus Energy - Bite
Murkrow
level 12 - Peck - Astonish - Pursuit - Haze
Absol
level 5 - Quick Attack - Feint - Future Sight - Scratch
team summary:
absolutely edgy pokemon. deino's his boy, murkrow wants all of his attention constantly. absol doesn't give a care.
Town: Violet City (i'm not familiar with pokemon cities but i looked up falkner's gym location and just went by the search.)
Appearance:
Blind. He's got some faded brown eyes and a head of black locks that fall over his eyes because honestly he doesn't care anymore. "can't see anyways so why not lmao". Probably wears some real funky yellow vests with lots of pockets and a black long sleeve underneath. got some black gym shorts which contrast to his fully clothed upper body but oh well. wears long black socks underneath red shoes that look too big for him. his hair's curly so that's neat.
Personality:
Insults people quite a bit. Competitive. Probably will bite you if you come too close. Too confident for his own good.
Backstory?:
Parents were too protective over him so they kept pushing back when Niko would get his first Pokemon. Finally got it come 16 so he's inexperienced with the entire thing. Really just got leftovers of his older brother's unwanted Pokemon, coming in the order shown above. Treasures Deino.

honestly not sure where to put him. i see there's a gym battle going down so i'll put Niko in the stands. i'm a bit tight on time rn so i'll throw out a couple lines and come back in a bit.
-

Idly resting his head against the walls behind him was Niko. He'd had no place to be there, really, but he was being babied on 24/7 by his mother so there weren't many options. He came to "watch" Falkner's battles if it meant escaping the house. A few shouts and the announcement of a fainted "Cyndaquil" (as if he knew what it was) and he was uninterested. Deino was dozing lazily beside him in the stands, he could tell by the obnoxious snores, and the other two Pokemon were locked inside their capsules. "Try harder, lose less," the boy shouted at whoever had been battling Falkner. His "encouraging remarks" were always looked down upon by his mother, but at least she wasn't here.

Name: Jakobi
Appearance of character: 16 year old with long dark brown hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes. Wears rather fancy shorts and t-shirts. Short (for a dude at least)
Jakobi had been given a pretty privileged life in Johto , his parents work real estate in Goldenrod, where he's lived his whole life he has a decent knowledge of the world of pokemon, unfortunately his parents don't do anything pokemon related at all! They're completely fine with the idea of Jakobi traveling on a journey, the only problem is that Jakobi can't find any pokemon in Goldenrod to begin with. And his parents won't let him leave town without a pokemon for self defense. So Jakobi spent almost all of his days over at the Game corner playing nothing but voltorb flip, which he sucks at for the mere chance he'll get enough coins to purchase a pokemon. And on this day, he has finally reached his goal and received an ekans! After happily showing it to his parents, they gave him money so he could buy all his supplies at the department store.
Jakobi named his first partner "Oboe" and headed north to the national park, eagerly awaiting the new trainers and pokemon he will encounter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.