• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Johto Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm always up for a battle!" Robby smirked as he made his way over next to Tawny, "I dont know about you but this is my first double battle." Watching the Herocross he reached behind to his belt and grasped a great ball. "Come on, Gem!" He exclaimed. Gem, kicking up a little dust, ran quickly over to Robby, hopped onto his shoulders and into the air as the great ball was thrown. Almost instantly, a large white blinding light came from the ball growing larger.

As soon as the light faded, Tropius appeared with Gem landing strategically on his back as he came down with a large thud, shaking the ground. "Good to see you again, Paxton." Robby said towards the Tropius. Blue, sadly sitting out of this one, padded over towards Robby and Tawny, his curious gaze still on Colgate.

Kyle looked at the magnificent creature, then at Tawny and Robby and said, "Okay, we'll all use one Pokemon. Whichever team is left standing wins." He then looked down at Totodile and said, "Let's try our best buddy."

Cyber_Poipole

Previously Cyberspace_warrik
Kai walked into the pokeathlon station. "Man..this place is...odd" Kai walked to the chairs. "Jade, what is this place?" he asked, drinking some water from the water station at the front desk.

"It`s the pokeathlon dome, it`s an arena where pokemon compete in things other than battling that use qualities that are important in battle, like speed, strength and stamina," he said as he sat down next to him also drinking some water "Once you`ve played a game you get points and whoever gets the most points in a game wins, you can then use them to buy battle items like evolution stones and vitamins," he then added.

Cyber_Poipole

"nice...you can do an event if you would like" kai took a sip and looked at the event board. let's see...squrtle would be good for stamina, Rosalia for speed, and zorua for strength" kai inquired, pointing to the events. "I'm not" kai turned and saw a Pokeball on the prize board. "Th...they give pokemon out as prizes here?"

"I didn`t know that huh," said Jade "It seems like going by that I should participate in the stamina course as it uses all of those," he added as he looked at the board "Wow I can`t believe this, I`ve always wanted to participate in a pokeathlon game," he said as his eyes sparkled with exitement.

Cyber_Poipole

"y..you do that...Ill...be back" Kai walked off, planning a plot. "ma'am, whats in the Pokeball" the woman explained how the grand prize was a rare breed of shiny pokemon. "Grand prize?" Kai asked. the woman told him that it's for the winner of the 43rd pokeathlon battle tournament. kai walked off. "Thats not right...Jade, you go have fun, I need to make a call"

“Alright, I think we’ll get started! Ready, Ripple?” The Heracross shook her head lightly, before getting into a battle stance, with her fist held up, and horn facing forward.
“Ok! Ripple! Let’s start with a Fury Attack at Tropius!” The Heracross spread her armored wings open, and charged straight at Tropius, unleashing small attacks from the edges of her horns to deal weak damage, but multiple hits. After letting it’s onslaught of attacks rip, Ripple bounced back, landing beside Totodile.
“Nice work, Ripple!” Squash cheered. The blue bug blushed a bit.

"Ok!" said Jade he ran up to the counter and asked to join the next stamina tournament, he got in the uniform and entered the stage after three minutes, there where four trainers

"Welcome to the pokeathlon!" announced the judge "Today we will be following the stamina course!" he then added "Who will shine brightest today? Let`s meet the competitors! Aim for the champion! On a pokeathlon shooting star!" then team one stepped forward "Team Clyde: pikachu, bidoof and zubat!" he then announced followed by an applaud from the croud, "He looks easy," thought Jade as he stood next to him, he stepped forward "Team Jade: Squirtle, Zorua and Roselia!" Jade took the applaud and the next trainer stood forward "Team Richard: Ivysaur, Vulpix and Pidgeotto!" the crowd applauded "Now that`s a real opponent," thought Jade "Finally team Susie: Togetic, Muk and machop," followed by an applaud from the crowd "They will be difficult," thought Jade.

(OOC: I`m gonna write these in sections with one course each because every course will probably be a few paragraphs long)

Cyber_Poipole

"Hmm," Kai walked over to the display case while the staff was at the doors. he held a golden Pokeball in his hand, and carefully switched the pokeballs. he then walked over to the desk and wrote a fake email about the prized being switched to a golden Pokeball. "Its ok buddy, your free now," he said to the shiny pokemon in the Pokeball. "now, to go watch jade."

"The first course is... Ring Drop!" the Judge announced Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur and Togetic all fell onto a stage "For every time a pokemon hits someone of the edge, they gain points, when they fall, they lose points and are switched to the next teammate!" after they had announced the rules the pokemon had to everything without any commands Squirtle straight away hit at Pikachu, it countered and they where both hit back to there side while the other pokemon kept fighting.

Squirtle jumped forward and pounded down onto Pikachu, it slipped back and fell off the edge, he then hit at Ivysaur at the same time as Togetic and they both hit it off the edge, Togetic then hit Squirtle and he fell off the edge and just barely had the most points out of any of them, zorua, bidoof and vulpix all fell down onto the stage but zorua disguised itself as bidoof making two bidoof, bidoof looked over and tried to figure out what was happening, it tried moving to see if it was a mirror and zorua copied him, after a few seconds it hit at bidoof sending it flying away.

It then turned into a togetic and they both charged at eachover falling of the edges, there was about 3 seconds to go so nobody could do anything and the event ended. "Team Clyde: 0 points, Team Richard: 25 Points, Team Susie: 55 Points, Team Jade: 80 Points!" the announcer said after the camera had been moved back to the main stage.

Cyber_Poipole

kai sat and clapped, he sat in the front row so jade can see him. "Good job jade!!!" he yelled with the crowd.
"Whos jade," a man said
kai pointed to jade, and the man nodded.

"The second course is... Hurdle Dash!" the Judge announced and Jade`s three pokemon landed on a hurdles course and they had to get to the end quickly "3, 2, 1 Go!" the pokemon dashed forward, roselia was moving the fastest and danced over each of the hurdles with no sign of slowing down, ssquirtle and zorua would sometimes hit a hurdle and they weren`t the fastest of the group. By the end the order of winners where Roselia, Togetic, Zubat, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, Squirtle, Zorua, Ivysaur, Vulpix, Bidoof, Machop with Muk in the last. The camera moved back to the stage "And the points are Team Richard: 30 Points, Team Clyde 50 Points, Team Jade: 70 points, Team Susie: 90 Points!" the points where added to there scores and Jade was only slightly infront of Susie.

As Gem kept off the Tropius, Paxton reared back and launched into the sky, narrowly missing the attack but still took a few hits. "From above! Air Cutter!" Robby exclaimed. Paxton unleashed a sharp and fast slice of wind towards Ripple from in the air, pushing him further up into the sky.

Kyle waited for the Tropius to attack and said, "Now Totodile, while it's distracted use Rage." Totodile bounced into Tropius causing minimal damage.

(You can't afflict damage unless the receiving person allows it. You can only say you're attacking) "Paxton, watch out for that Totodile! Reflect his rage with another Air Cutter!" Seeing Totodile launching at him, Tropius flies further up and sends another slice of air towards Totodile to deflect him back.

Tawny watched as the other pokemon battled, biding her time to land the perfect attack. Squiggy waited patiently to be called on, finally becoming interested in his surroundings when the battle began. When she saw her first opening Tawny decided to take her chance. "Well Squiggy, while they're watching Tropius, we'll take our turn! Squiggy, use peck on Heracross!" Tawny called throwing her arm out and signalling to her pokemon. The mareanie cried out and nodded before going after the bug and fighting type pokemon, peck being the perfect move to use as it would have four times the effect of a normal attack. Beside her Colgate watched with wide eyes, his tail wagging ever so slightly in excitement as he followed the battle.

Percer looked stunned to see what was happening. Ripple was also getting confused, not knowing how to move when’s both attacks were coming.
“Stay calm Ripple! Use you Megahorn to block the Air Cutter, then slam right into Squiggy!”
The Heracross obeyed, standing in front of the Air Cutters. The horn soon began to glow a bright white, and the scythes of air were reflected, causing minimal, but super-effective damage. Ripple turned around after the attack, trying to slam into the little Mareanie.

Kyle said proudly, " Now, Totodile use- huh?" Before Kyle could finish a wild Spearow flew towards him and stole his cap, flying away with it's stolen loot. Kyle angrily shouted, " Hey you little rat, get back here!" He then turned to the others and said, "You guys keep battling! I'll be back soon!" He ran after the Spearow, Totodile and Hoothoot following behind.

Tawny balled her hand onto a fist and recoiled as if she'd been the one to take the hit. She watched as her mareanie flew back a few feet and landed with a thud, "Squiggy! Are you okay?" With a cry Squiggy was back up and shaking himself off. "Oh thank Arceus," she murmured, standing still for a minute before deciding what to do. "Alright, great job buddy! Squiggy again, use peck but this time try and dodge any attacks that Heracross sends you! Be on your guard." Again the water type nodded, preparing to attack when suddenly a spearow had flown towards them. Tawny watched in shock as it took off with Kyle's cap and he ran off. "Oh, uh, okay! I hope you get your cap back!" She called after him, watching for a moment before remembering that there was a battle and trying to return her attention to said battle. Squiggy had paused upon seeing the flying type but almost as soon as his attention had drifted away it was back and he was launching himself at the Heracross once more, having better focus than his trainer.

Kyle was following the Spearow, though fairly far behind. Finally the Spearow landed in a large tree. As Kyle looked up he realized it was a Spearow and Fearow nest. Kyle looked at Hoothoot and said, "Hoothoot, can you try to get my cap back?" Hoothoot nodded and flew up to the nest. Within a few seconds Hoothoot fell down, badly injured. Then an angry Fearow landed in front of them. It prepared to use it's Drill Peck attack before Falkner suddenly jumped in front of the angry beast. To Kyle's surprise, the Fearow calmed down. Falkner whispered something to the Fearow, to which it flew up to it's nest in response and brought down Kyle's cap. "I believe this is yours." Falkner said to which Kyle responded, "Thanks Falkner. How did you get it to do that?" To that Falkner only said, "I am friends with all the Pokemon of the sky. Want a lift back to town?" Kyle and Falkner hopped on the back of Fearow, and they flew back to Violet City where the others were still battling. Kyle ran back into battle and said, "Sorry to keep you waiting Percer."

“Oh, um, sure...glad you’re ok. I’ll ask after the battle, actually.” Percer was still looking in the direction the Spearow went, before putting his attention back on the battle.
“Alright Ripple, use your Leer attack on Squiggy!” Ripple stomped over to Squiggy. It’s eyes stared down at the poison type Pokemon with a piercing gaze. Even more threatening was the fact that the Heracross was much larger, and a pretty tough pokemon. To make herself more intimidating, she stomped her foot on the ground, while small pebbles flew up.
“W-wow Ripple...”

As the Mareanie was distracted, Kyle ordered Totodile to use Rage on it. Kyle knew that if he could pull this off, Totodile would have boosted power from each attack he took.

"Try and dodge it Squiggy!" Tawny called out too late and watched as her Mareanie took a direct hit from Kyle's Totodile. The hit did more damage than it usually would due to Heracross's use of leer. "Now Squiggy, use bite on Totodile while it's still close!" Squiggy obeyed and turned to attack Totodile. Colgate let out a cry from the sidelines leaping from side to side as if he was in the battle himself.

Totodile was hit by the Mareanie's Bite, which did some good damage. Kyle turned to Percer and said, "This might sound crazy, but you have to let Totodile take all the hits." Kyle smirked and said, "Now use Rage again, this time on the Tropius!" If everything went according to plan, Totodile would do great damage to the Tropius.

Last edited:
“If you insist...but if Totodile is getting beat bad, I’ll try to help. Ripple! Use your Horn Attack on Squiggy!” Ripple spread her wings again, charging straight for the Mareanie. The heart on the horn was pointed straight at the spikey little creature, attempting to ram it in order to deal major damage. The Heracross got faster as her wings flew.
“Get ‘em, Ripple!”

"Pax, help out the Mareanie with a strong gust of wind!" Robby exclaimed. Tropius stretched his wings back wide and flapped them hard sending a strong and powerful gust towards the Herocross. Distracted by helping out his team mate, Totodile's rage hit him sending a sharp pain into his leg before shaking him off back towards the ground.

Ripple, in the middle of her attack, was soon blown away by a powerful Gust attack. The oversized bug toppled over, landing with a sharp thud. She tried to stand up, but the impact of the super-effective move was a little too much. Ripple stood up, although she was weak and wobbly. She got back in her fighting stance swiftly, determined to not give in to the pain.
“Ripple! You ok?” The Heracross nodded in response, trying to stand steadily.
“If you’ve got the power to keep going, use your Megahorn on Tropius!”
Ripple spread her wings again, and quickly dashed towards the leaf winged Pokemon. It’s horn turned bright, and she began speeding up, trying to land a direct hit on the Tropius. “
Finish this for Totodile!” Percer declared.

"Thanks for the distraction Robby." Tawny nodded to him, she had no doubt that if the attack had landed it would've been over for her and Squiggy. "Alright squiggy, intercept it! Use peck on Heracross while it's attacking Tropius!" Her Mareanie nodded and launched itself at the Heracross but it didn't have any chance of working, Squiggy was't fast enough and ended up in the spot where Heracross had been moments before, but this could still work if they played it out right, "Now use your location as a vantage point, Squiggy use poison sting on Heracross while you're close!"

Tawny noticed the Totodile heading towards her Mareanie and called out a warning, "Squiggy behind you!" The water type wasn't quite fast enough and was hit dead on as it had turned to see what she'd called out about. The Mareanie let out a soft cry and went down leaving Tawny to stare for a moment before a smile spread across her face. She called her pokemon back into its pokeball and nodded, "Good battle guys! It was a lot of fun, I just wish we could've stayed in longer, but that's okay." She shrugged and smiled down at the pokeball in hand, "great job Squiggy, that was a super intense battle and you managed to land a lot of good hits." Colgate leaped onto her shoulder and nuzzled her cheek, she laughed and patted him on the head, turning her attention back to the on going battle. "It's up to you now Robby, good luck!"

The Heracross narrowed in on Paxton, who had been distracted from the Totodile's previous attack. With minimum time, the Tropius didn't have enough time to build up enough wind. "Go in for silver wind!" Commanded Robby. Paxton dug his feet into the ground, his body making a light green glow as he slashed his right wing, sending a bright green slice to resist Heracross's super effective attack. The bug type move's secondary affect activated raising all his stats by one.

Kyle watched Paxton prepare to use it's Silver Wind attack. Kyle hastily shouted to Totodile, "Quick buddy, jump in front of it!" Totodile was able to jump into the Silver Wind, hitting Totodile with most of the attack. Kyle watched Totodile struggle to stand up for a little bit, before falling to the ground. He was upset that he lost, but at the same time happy he was part of such a great battle. Kyle picked up Totodile, and cheered on Percer from the side.

Ripple seized the moment now that Totodile blocked the attack. The Heracross stopped dead in it’s tracks, and jumped up, using her wings to keep her flying. Ripple soon went in for a dive attack, hoping to hit Tropius head on. All of her power was put into this one Megahorn attack. Ripple eyes gleamed with determination as the attack got closer. Scout was going crazy cheering for her, failing his arms and tail, almost hitting Kyle.

Megahorn hit Paxton dead on, doing scary damage. The Tropius was thrown back hard, shaking away the impact. If it wasn't for Silver Wind, the damage could have been far worse. "Fly away and roost up and let loose another air cutter!"

Paxton opened his large wings, and launched into the air, kicking up dust everywhere. He glowed a faded white as he recovered his health. Looking back downwards, he raised his wings preparing to unleash a more deadly air cutter.

Last edited:
Ripple staggered a bit after the powerful Megahorn attack, even falling to her knees. Before Paxton could unleash another Air Cutter, Ripple fell to the ground, and passed out, small pebbles rising then crashing back down. Percer walked over to Ripple, and lifted her up to her knees.
“Great work, Ripple.” The Heracross closed it’s eyes and huffed. Scout looked upset, and padded over to Percer.
“Hey, don’t doubt yourself. You were excellent..”

Totodile and Kyle ran over to Percer and Ripple, and started praising Ripple for it's battle prowess. Then Kyle walked over to Paxton and Robby and said, "Congrats Robby, that was a great battle. We've all had a long day, so we should probably take a rest for tonight. Tomorrow we can all challenge Falkner, and since you won you can fight him first." Kyle then turned to Totodile and said, "You did great too buddy, you should probably take a rest."

“Yeah, I think we really need a rest. All four Pokemon battled intensely. But wow. For my first battle with a trainer, that was amazing. I can’t wait to see how the battles with Falkner go! But whew, I’m worn out. I should probably go to the Pokemon Center, and Ripple needs some help too. Bye guys, I’ll come watch you fight in your battles!” Percer headed off to the Pokemon Cneter, a little exhausted.

Robby applauded Paxton before feeding him a few poke snacks for his good battling. "Great job pal. Get some rest." He said before calling him back to his pokeball. He made his way over to the rest of the trainers, his heart still racing from that close battle. "Wow, " Robby said with a sigh. "Hell of a battle I gotta say. Your Heracross had me shaking!" He said to Percer chuckling.

Robby waved goodbye towards Percer as he ran off towards the pokemon center before turning to Kyle and Tawny. "I'm so fidgety from that battle. We should go heal up and see if the gym is open and ready for battle!" He insisted.

Kyle responded to Robby by saying, "Yeah, that's a great idea! I fought Falkner before and he's very tough, don't let your guard down." He then turned to Tawny and said, "Thanks for the great battle. I had a lot of fun, and that's the most important part of any battle."

Status
Not open for further replies.