• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Seth
appearance: Somewhat long, silver hair and steel blue eyes, white button-down shirt and worn, greyish jeans
Personality: Very wise, but has anger issues and sometimes has trouble listening to what others have to say, and is very experienced out at sea.
Future Team: (shiny) Samurott, Skarmory, Primape, Venusaur, Tyrantum, and Aurorus

As soon as the boat was docked, Seth rushed out excitedly. He could not wait to step foot on the Ikora region, the land he had always desired to visit since he was eight years old! Now he would go on a journey in it, which was more than he could've ever asked for before. "Are you ready?" he asked Zach, his Oshawott, whom he had named after his father who had died in war. "Osh!" the Oshawott replied. Seth took a deep breath. He could hardly believe he was finally here! He gathered his thoughts, and set foot on land, thus beginning his adventure in the Ikora region.

Shane heard all the commotion coming from inside the pokecenter and rushed in to help. But before he did he was stopped in his tracks by a strange gas floating around in the pokecenter. He saw his companions lying on the floor unconscious, and decided this gas was poisonous. "All right Sacred use Ember to clear out the gas" the tiny fireball rocketed into the pokecenter and harmlessly fade on the wall, but sure enough some of the gas cleared out of the way. So he, Sacred, and Sylpid charged into the building, and that's when he noticed the people. The people were of Team Shadow, and guess what, they were trying to steal Pokemon that were currently healing. "Quickly Sylphid, use Confusion!" Sylphid's eyes lit up and she launched the small ray to the leftmost grunt. Instantly she stopped what she was doing and took off her mask, then crumpled to the floor. "Sacred finish the other one off with Extrasensory!" The blast reached the grunt, and his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fainted. He then noticed the gas start expanding again and said "Sacred you know what to do." Sacred nodded their head and sent a barrage of embers in every direction. While she was doing that he decided to pull everyone out of the gas and into safety.

Seth had just made it through the forest, when he heard someone shouting. At first he thought it was a pokemon battle, and decided to go and watch. But then he saw Shane and his pokemon (vulpix I think..?) carrying bodies out of the smoke-filled pokemon center. He almost instantly jumped to the conclusion of fire and, seeing that he had a water pokemon, he rushed to help. "Zach, water gun!" his oshawott sprayed the entire center with water, until Seth saw that it was in vain, and there was no fire in the first place. Greatly embarrassed, he turned to Shane and said "Um...hi. I saw the smoke and thought there was a fire...but...um...yeah, I thought I'd come and help, but..." He saw the bodies lying on the ground and asked "are they ok..?"

In all the commotion, Peavey rushed to Shane, clinging tight to his pantleg as his trainer lay unconscious on the floor. The gas couldn't put him to sleep, but it did make him feel woozy and weak. Still, he persevered, dragging Hester and Flint outside the best he could before calling the latter back to his ball. With those two safe, he got to work behind the counter. His small stature helped give him an edge, and he emerged out the door with a sack full of Pokeballs, no doubt the Pokemon that Team Shadow was trying to steal. Next to Shane, there stood a boy with a very rugged appearance, with his Oshawott companion to match. In the amount of time that he and Hester had been travelling to make their way to the Ikora region, he knew for one thing that she loved pirates, and more of less all things boats. He saw the two trainers getting along well, that was, if Hester would wake up sometime soon.

(Occ: I haven't been able to get on for a short bit. I see quite a bit went down while I was gone. Also, I know it is late for me to say this, but I am pretty sure, since it is many molecules composed of a gas and not a solid object, psychic could not get rid of the gas. It just doesn't really work well, as it is I am pretty sure always used against a solid object, not a gaseous one.)

Jacob had walked through the forest a small bit. He tried to look for a few pokemon, but he couldn't really find any that he wanted to add to his team. He sighed, and walked over to a small town he saw on his map. When he got there, he noticed that pandemonium had ensued. Not only was there multiple people on the ground unconscious, but there was one of their pokemon carrying away a bag, as well as a fireballs were being thrown in the town center, as were sprays of water, shocking him, but making his gastly start to laugh.

Jacob sighed, and started to move towards one of the people on the ground. This one was the one who was interested about his ghastly. Hester. He knelt down, smirked, and pulled an awakening out of his bag. He decided to get a few of each one that helped get rid of status effects, and he was happy it would already be useful. He quickly used it on the girl, and waited for her awakening.

(Also, what level would you say my ghastly is? Because that will effect what moves he has.)

(Shane hasn't been responding, I'm assuming it's ok if we continue anyway..?) Seth decided to introduce himself to Jacob and Shane. "My name is Seth. I had just got off a boat in hopes to start a journey here. I had hoped to keep out of trouble as much as possible, but it looks like it's found me already. So...since I have nowhere else to go as of right now, do you mind if I stick with you guys?" He paid eerily close attention to Jacob treating Hester. (and SilentAngel, that's completely up to you. just refrain from godmoding, please)

Last edited:
Hester came to unexpectedly, looking up to find a familiar face above her. "Jacob?" she croaked groggily, pointing an unsteady hand to the rugged boy standing next to him. "And who's this?" What happened? And where're—"
Peavey dashed out of the Pokecenter when he saw his trainer waking up, and he hugged her side tightly. "Hey buddy," she patted the back of his head, "you seen Flint anywhere?" Both tired and woozy, Hester didn't realize the absolute chaos inside the Pokecenter until she stood up, her knees wobbling as she did so.
"Woah! What happened and/or is still happening here?"

Jqcob raised his eyebrow at the newcomer, and said, "I have no problem with it."

Jacob then looked down at the trainer who had regained consciousness, shrugged, and said, "Well, don't ask me, I just got here. And anyways, I wouldn't talk so much. Whatever that was, it probably messed with your lungs a small bit, and inhalation of any gas other than air can have consequences."

(Would you count dream eater, hypnosis, shadow ball, and dark pulse to be god moding?)

(OOC: I don't think so, since Shane's Vulpix has extrasensory)

Hester nodded silently, taking Peavey by the hand as she riled through her backpack with slight panic. Neither Flint nor his Pokeball were anywhere to be found, and electricity wouldn't do much good in clearing the gas. She sighed, watching Sacred's battle against the gas. It was all in their hands now.

Except, maybe it wasn't? Peavey had come out of the gas just fine. Well, maybe not fine, but awake. The last thing she wanted to do was endanger him, but lives were at stake here. She turned and spoke to him.
"Peavey, d'you think you can go help Shane?" The Elekid nodded. "Good, I'm sorry about this pal. Just do whatever he asks you to."

Last edited:
Seth decided to pitch in clearing the gas as well. "Ironclad, come on out!" He threw out is skarmory, which he had caught sometime in the forest. The armored bird swooped in the building and used gust recurrently. whilst that was being done, introduced himself to Hester in a rough yet calming voice "Hello, what is your name? I am Seth. I had come off a ship from the Unova region, I had always dreamed of coming here."

"Wow! You came in on a ship? That's so cool! Oh sorry, name's Hester. Peavey's my Elekid, and I've got a Pansear named Flint around here somewhere. I came here on a rental Lapras from Johto, but I've got no clue where I really came from. I've got no home region, so I came to Ikora with nothing but Peavey, a couple of Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and the clothes on my back. I'd always dreamed of coming here too." Hester had a dreamy look on her face as she thought about her travels, before snapping back to the issue at hand. "Your Skarmory's really neat too, and thanks for helping us out here." She put her hand out for him to shake. "But all-in-all, welcome aboard our crew."

"No problem, and thanks!" rumbled Seth, as he extended his arm and shook hands. "So, uh...what kind of pokemon are you hoping to catch here? Personally, I've wanted a tyrantum for a long time, and I heard that there should be a fossil excavation site a few cities ahead. I'm pretty excited!"

Last edited:
Jacob thought for a second, and said, "Well, I have Zyklon B, but I think that I want to have a well rounded team. Maybe eventually an alakazam, a machamp, and a few others." He looked around, and said, "Anyways, who did this? That doesn't look like normal smoke."

Pokémon: Ghastly
Name: Zyklon B
Moves:Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

"Who're those grunts you guys fought with earlier? Team Shadow or whatever it was. If there're an actual menace in this region, then maybe they could be behind something like this?" Hester pondered with the topic at hand, but still couldn't help but want to address the prior conversation about Pokemon too. "As for my future team, I was hoping to catch a Tropius in the Allabar forest, but that ship had sailed. I've always really wanted to meet a Buizel, and virtually any ghost type too." She shot a glance at Zyklon B. "Besides that, I've got no clue. Anyway I could help out here with the smoke? Flint could—" she looked down shamefully when she remembered that her Pansear was nowhere to be found.

"Huh." grunted Seth, failing to come up with a clever statement. "So, when the whole smoke scenario is finished, (btw, shouldn't they be about done by now..?) where are we heading next?" he inquired. Then something caught his eye, something furry, rustling in the waist-high grass. He went to investigate, and out jumped a mankey! and angered one, too! "Whoah, there!" Seth shouted, surprised at the sudden rush of fur and screeches. "This ones mine! Zach, use bite!" The oshawott lunged at the mankey who, in turn, lunged at the oshawott. Zach hooked onto his shoulder and sank his teeth into the ape's tough skin, sending it reeling in pain.

Jacob grimaced, and said, "These random teams are all just filled with idiots. They almost always fail, but they still always try. It just gets annoying at one point. Anyways, we should probably head to the next town soon." While he had been talking, he noticed Zyklon B vanishing. He then appeared right next to Hester, and he licked her on the face. After that, he started to 'cuddle' with Hester, though his gaseous form made it hard. The five percent of his body that was made up of stuff other than the poisonous gas was able to, however.

(Occ: Just a question, but anchovius, do people normally get half of their party that quickly?)

(SilentAngel lol they just DO IT!) The mankey then used thrash, slamming the oshawott into the ground multiple times before attempting slash to finish it off. "dodge it!" Seth cried to Zach, as he jumped out of the way, leaving the mankey tearing at the ground with it's claw-like paws. "Now, water gun!" Zach reeled back and released high-pressured water directly at the mankey's face, knocking it breathless. "All right, hope this works..." he muttered as hurled a great ball at the mankey, releasing a red and blue light, and containing it in the ball. It shook once... shook twice... shook again....!
(and SilentAngel you're right, that was pretty quick...because you're the one who called me out, you get to decide how this turns out.)

Last edited:
It was a challenge, but Hester cuddled the Gastly's form right back, laughing gleefully when he licked her. Seth and Zach were battling a Mankey nearby, but she was just too happy playing with Zyklon B to care at the moment. Xavier was waking up, Shane had everything under control in the Pokemon center, and Peavey had come back outside to join her. All things considered, everything was coming together.

She'd lived her life as a vagrant, with no family, friends, or home, but this time, she could turn her head and find camaraderie in every direction. Whenever she told her story, everyone was so shocked to hear that she didn't even remember her home region. Well, that didn't matter now. She had a home region, one full of adventures to come, alongside Pokemon and people to befriend, and that region's name was Ikora. The slightest familiar "click" filled the air, and snapped her from her joyful stupor. Seth had caught his Mankey, and she remembered shamefully once more that Flint was nowhere to be found. He would be with Shane, surely? She could only hope, and hug tighter to Zyklon B as she followed along with Jacob was saying.

"What even is the next town? I don't know a thing about the lay of the land here."

Seth sighed with and was giddy as he heard the relieving click of the pokeball, and he knew instantly what he wanted to name it; Neanderthal. "All right!" he shouted, his rumbly voice thundered. "two pokemon in a single day..! luck mut be on my side!" He cackled and laughed giddily, until he turned top see the others staring at him stupidly. "Um...so, where to now?" he asked.

As Shane finished up clearing the gas inside the pokecenter with Sacred, he started to notice his companions starting to wake up. He also saw a new person there talking with Jacob. He then started to feel a little tug on his pants, and he looked down to see Hester's Elekid, Peavey, pulling on his pants and simultaneously pointing in a direction. He looked and saw Flint, Hester's Pansear, lying on the floor unconscious. He quickly walked over to him and gently picked him up. He brought him over to Hester and said "Look who I found."

Jacob smiled at Zyklon B and Hester. When he heard he ask what the next town was, he pulled out his pokedex and said, "Well, it says here that the next town is Yellowseed. Sadly, there is no gym there, but there are quite a variety of pokemon along the way." Jacob continued to look, and said, "The next town that has a Gym is the one right after Yellowseed. That one is called Willowdale."

(Occ: Who else is playing pokemon go?)

Speak of the devil! She plucked Flint carefully out of Shane's arms, hugging him tightly alongside Zyklon B. Calling him to his Pokeball, she looked at Shane, beholden with gratitude. "Where was he? Was he alright?" Questioning aside, Hester scooped up Peavey, giving him some love too. "Thank you so, so much Shane. You shouldn't have to look out for my Pokemon. I'll be a better trainer I swear. Are you and your team alright too?"

(Ooc: I am, Team Valor til the end)

(OOC: No way, team mystic. Also, I finally get to do something!)

Xavier was waking up after remembering him and his Pokemon surrounded by gas. He saw the group talking, waiting for him to wake up.

"Ugh... How long was I out? You know what, don't answer." Xavier stated after gaining a bit more conscious. "My Pokemon are ok, that's all that matters." The monsters in question were floating above him, Carlos prodding him.

Xavier got up and started walking to the next route.

"Let's go!"

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Off-topic posts removed. Come on guys, you know better than this.

Jacob raised an eyebrow at the figure of Xavier walking away. "Wait for us!" he called as he turned back to Hester, and helped her up. "You ready for the adventure to continue?"

With Flint and Peavey in tow, a new companion, and a friendship with Zyklon B, Hester smiled. "You bet I am." she said in declaration, taking the Elekid once more by the hand as they ran along with Jacob to catch up. "Next time we run into a wild ghost type, you'd better believe I'm catching little buddy Zyklon here a friend."

Jacob laughed, and said, "Well, I think that Zyklon B would like that." Zyklon B laughed at this. Jacob nodded in the direction of Xavier, and said, "Lets go." Jacob started walking, with Zyklon B following.

(OOC: Changed up my final team.)

"No way, it's mine!" Xavier argued with his friend as his Pokemon sighed. Nobody knew how he had this much energy. "I know exAHH GOSH!"Xavier called out as Carlos prodded him in the back. The bug type dragged him along as they walked through the next route.

"I-I... I'm ok...."

(That's right, Carlos is the new Croagunk... Or whatever it is these days. Anyway, goodnight guys!)

(OOC: The rp's been a little stagnant for the past few days, so I figured I should try to light a fire under it again)

The group sauntered on, though their chances of reaching Yellowseed by nightfall grew slimmer and slimmer as the sun set behind them, casting shadows in every crevice as the tangerine sky continued to dim. The landscape had changed around them as they left the forest. Stubs of dead grass crunched beneath their feet as porous rock walls seemed to enclose them from most every side. Hester was used to walking, at least to a greater extent than most, but by now, even her feet were getting sore, and Flint's menial weight on her shoulder was starting to feel more and more like a sack of bricks. The Pansear trudged along beside her, as did Peavey, though it was clear that they were both running out of steam too. Finally, Hester was the one to pose the question.

"Don't suppose that there's somewhere nearby where we co—hey! A cave would work pretty well for this kind of thing, wouldn't it?" Truth be told, Hester had just always wanted to camp out in a cave. Nothing says travelling like the thrill of potential landslides, wild Zubat overhead, and a sore back from sleeping on solid rock. She rapped her knuckles against the spongy, yet firm rock, letting the hollow sound ring out.

"There's gotta be some kind of tunnel in one of these. Any sign of notable caves on the map?"

"Actually this one is called Mistway Cave. It's known for the fact that the farther down you go the colder it gets, and the more Pokemon appear. On the first couple of levels, the notorious Zubats and Geodudes are very common, but there are some differences. For one, you can find some pretty rare Pokemon in here, like Machops, Seels, and Bergmites. So, what do you think, should we spend the night?"

Jacob shrugged, and said, "Well, it is either here, or somewhere else." He then plopped down his bag, and pulled out his sleeping bag. He set it up, and said, "Do any of your pokemon know cut? I might like a fire going if it gets colder further in." He then looked at everyone in the group, and asked, "You all have sleeping bags, right?"

"I usually just sleep in trees, but hey, sleeping on a cold, cave floor is half the fun." Hester beamed, pulling her bandana from her hair and wrapping it around her neck as a scarf for warmth. "Flint can definitely lend a hand with the fire, and I'm sure that Peavey could knock down a couple of trees for the fuel. Worries aside though..." She threw her arms out in the direction of the rock wall. "A cave that gets colder the farther in you go, and in a tropical region no less? That's so cool!"

Hester was ecstatic at the mere thought of the cave, and with Peavey and Flint in tow, she'd have plans of her own tonight.

"Ya, that would be totally awesome! Hey, I heard that rarely, people find fossils, that can be revived at some science museum! What if we found one!" Xavier excitedly exclaimed. "If not, a bunch of cool Pokemon are still there! Cmon, guys!" Xavier ran onwards to the cave with his two floating Pokemon in tow.
I just hope we don't see Team Shadow again... I really don't like the feeling of blacking out.

Hester couldn't argue with that, and while she would've loved to run along with Xavier and scour the cave up and down, she had to be responsible sometimes. Catching him by the back of his t-shirt, she stopped him in his tracks before he could get too far out of site.

"Now hold it you," she chuckled. "Jacob's right, we're gonna need some firewood if we're going far enough in to find fossils. Speaking of which, Peavey, would you do the honors?" The Elekid put on a look of focus, letting a bundle of star-shaped rays materialize in front of him, before sending them jetting forwards into one of the wimpier, dead-looking trees nearby with a swift attack. Hester grabbed the small fallen tree, holding it like a lance as she thrust it up towards the sky.

"Alrighty. That's settled, now adventure!" She sped off, battering-ram first, with Xavier and the rest presumably quick to follow.

Jacob exclaimed, "Wait, Hester! You haven't lit that on fire! You need more than a way of igniting that! You need something to keep the flame going, or else you will just be carrying a burning stick! Also, we need to talk through this! COME BACK!!!!" And Jacob ran after her.

Eventually, Jacob caught up. He got in front of her, and she ran into him, making them both fall to the floor, with her on top. He looked up at her, and said, "Has anyone ever told you you were headstrong and impulsive? Because if nobody else has, I am going to say that right now."

Hester could tell from the beginning that it was only a matter of time before Jacob's patience ran short with her, but she'd brushed it off. They were all friends, he would never snap at her, right? Wrong. Hester knew that she was impulsive, never in the same spot for long. Her parents were always ushering her on and on, dragging her and the rest of the family along as they left campsite after campsite behind, region after region behind. How was she only one who wanted a true home? Still, until she was of age to travel on her own, she couldn't not be headstrong. If she had cried over each and every home that they left behind, she'd be nothing but a burden, inevitably earning her side-eyed glares from everyone they had in tow. Acting on impulse was all she had ever known, she couldn't help it.

She stood up quickly, letting Jacob breathe as the tree trunk clattered to the floor nearby. Peavey and Flint could tell that something was wrong with their trainer, and soon so could Jacob as tears filled her eyes. Hester recalled the Elekid, something that she so rarely did without a good reason, and with speed unmatched, snapped the largest branch off of the tree as she scooped up Flint, letting adrenaline rather than logic guide her body as she dashed off deep into the cave. The Pansear's tuft of glowing fur was just enough to see a few feet in front of her, and before long, her feet met with smooth ice, and she slid down, even deeper down, on a downward slope.

When she was too exhausted to go any farther, she let herself skid to a stop. She didn't know whether or not Jacob had initially been chasing after her, but the echoed silence that rang out all around her told her that he was long gone now. Flint looked terrified, and she patted him on the head and smiled, breathing hard, and even sweating with the exertion of it all. In due time though, the cold caught up with her. A chill shot up her spine as she reached for the branch. She still had her bag with her, which was good. Tearing a strip of fabric from an old shirt in her backpack, she wrapped it around one end of the branch, soaking it in some lighter fluid she had spare in a lighter. She tapped Flint on the head, letting him light the torch as her surroundings became clear around her. Tucking the Pansear into her jacket to help provide warmth for both of them, she walked slowly onward, unsure of exactly how far underground she was.

"Hey Hester, wait!" Shane called out from behind her as she trudged along through the cave with Shane close behind her. As he caught up to her he said "You should probably stick with someone who has a map on hand, assuming you don't. Am I right?" He asked her "Also, what was that about back there, are you all right? Do you need something? Come on, communicate."

Status
Not open for further replies.