• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ok. But to be clear the stronger Pokemon like Tropius and Pansear are usually on the other side of the river, and currently we have no way to cross it without getting swept away 100 yards downstream."

"I am not really looking for a grass type, but if we are lucky we could find an eevee! I really want a sylveon," said Xavier. "A new friend for Star would be nice,"

"Well since we're calling dibs, if we find a Ralts, it's mine." Shane declared. Just then a tiny ripple in the river caught Shane's eye. He looked closer and noticed something. He stood up and walked to where the shore met the water and said "Hey guys, um...I think I found our way across the river." he said just as a giant Gyarados leaped out of the water and roared so loud, it shook the ground. Shane fell down and started backwards-crawling away. It dove back under for only a second until it rose its head above the current. Shane yelled to everyone "Everyone watch out! It's too strong to fight! We just have to use its body to jump across the river!".

"Hey! Guys, we may not be able to fight, but we need to knock it back! Use your best moves!" Xavier yelled.
"Star! Take Down!"

The psychic-type rammed the Gyrados, slowly pushing it into the river and to the other side.

"Alright then, Sacred use Extrasensory!" Sacred then jumped into the air and blasted the Gyarados down to the surface. By then it was just floating above the surface, so Shane yelled "Everyone across now! Go, go, go!"

Xavier quickly bounded across and ushered everyone else over. He pulled out a potion and sprayed Star and Sacred. "Ok guys, if you want a rare Pokemon, come check in that grass patch over here. They say if grass is shaking, go in there. If not, you'll only be caught up in bug-types," Xavier advised.

"Nice tip, I think I'll try that out." So he hopped on over to a grass patch where the middle area was shaking. On his way over there he collapsed onto the floor and yelped out, but not before a tiny Ralts hopped out of the grass and used Confusion. Shane sat up and said "Hey look! A Ralts! Alright, Sacred use Ember!" Sacred released a blast of fire straight at the Ralts, but at the last moment it teleported about five feet away. "Darn! That's a slippery one, but let's use Ember again!" and once again Sacred released a blast of fire, this time finding its target. The Ralts went sprawling on the floor, and Shane threw a pokeball in its direction, releasing red light onto the Ralts, sucking it into the pokeball. The pokeball shook three times before releasing little stars signaling that it was a success "Alright Sacred! We caught our first teammate!" Shane yelled. He picked up the ball and quietly said to it "I'm gonna call you Sylphid." And with that Shane's team grew to two Pokemon.

Pokemon: Ralts
Name: Sylphid
Move set: Teleport, Growl, Confusion, and Fairy Wind

((I would prefer if you'll do that for every new Pokemon you catch, to let everyone know the facts))

"Nice nice, first catch of the adventure." Hester flashed him a thumbs up, which Peavey, despite the fact that he lacked thumbs, tried his best to replicate. "Still, that Gyarados took a lot out of me. Any more surprises like that and I might just—HEY!" The sudden weight on her back couldn't have been Peavey, as he was still trying to figure out the thumbed hand gesture on the ground in front of her. The sound of her backpack unzipping spurred her to throw her arm out behind her. She'd caught the Pansear by the tail mid-lunge, causing him to drop his stolen packs of chips from her bag. He cried out sharply, and Hester held on to the little thief proudly before she realized he was preparing a bout of fire. Before he could though, a jolt of electricity from Peavey zapped him to the ground, and after rummaging quickly through her bag, Hester pulled out a Pokeball and threw it. After three gentle shakes, the satisfying "click" of the ball certified the capture. Heart pounding, she held the ball in her hands, before laughing at the absurdity of the situation.

"Well, I guess I caught my Pansear." Giving Peavey a pat on the back, she said to him gratefully. "Thanks for that, partner."

Pokemon: Pansear
Name: Flint
Move set: Incinerate, Fury Swipes, Yawn, and Play Nice

"Nice catch! Now we both have our second Pokemon. Hey since we do, do you want to do a quick, friendly battle?"

"Let's go with...hmm...I think we should go all out, to make it all the more interesting. We'll do it right here, in the clearing next to the river. I'll stand on this side." Shane said as he pointed to the side he was talking about "And you can get this side." Shane walked over to his side and said "Are you ready?"

As Xavier watched the battle begin, his mind drifted off into his thoughts.

"Xavier! Happy birthday!"

"Look what you got!"

So soft, so fluffy...
It was like laying on a cloud...
Was this what they were like in real life?
Xavier quickly snapped out of it to see the battle almost underway.

Last edited:
(OOC: Dude, use proper grammar and make your posts longer. Read up on this or we won't let you in. Also, the character sounds like a sue. Revise it.)
As Xavier watched the battle begin, his mind drifted off into his thoughts.

"Xavier! Happy birthday!"

"Look what you got!"

So soft, so fluffy...
It was like laying on a cloud...
Was this what they were like in real life?
Xavier quickly snapped out of it to see the battle almost underway.
okay i gonna trie this thanks for helping is my fist time here

"Ready to go. Alrighty Flint, we'll see what you can do." Though she was a bit unsure, she tossed his Pokeball to the ground, releasing him from its grasps as it bounced back into her hand. The confused Pansear looked every which way, his gaze settling on Hester as his eyes demanded an explanation. "Look buddy, I know we may have not gotten off on the best foot, but these chips are all yours if you win." That was incentive enough for Flint, and he nodded excitedly as he awaited an opponent.

Name: Isaiah Atori
Appearance: Isaiah has blue-green hair.His eyes a bright violet color.He wears a red,almost pink hoodie.Under it is a blue t-shirt.He wears joggers and blue hightops.He also wears a necklace,a silver bracelet on his right hand,and thick-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Isaiah is really nerdy and timid.His intelligence is compatible with his battle style.He thinks quick.But,he doesn't do very well under pressure.
Future Team:
327606_trainercard-Isaiah_Atori.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Easton Driscoll
Appearance: Short blonde hair, Blue eyes and tanned skin, normally wears t-shirts with a ball cap and shorts.
Personality: Calm and creative, although he often rushes into situations without thinking.
Future Team: Vanilluxe, Meowstic (Male), Nidoqueen, Chandalure, Golduck, Jolteon

Easton stepped off the boat he had been on for three days coming from Hoenn. He took a deep breathe. "We're finally here," he said to his Pokémon Vanillite. "We really are finally here." He took a few steps and immediately ran to the lab where he was told he could get an Ikora Pokedex. He rushed in and snatched one from the table. "Whoah, why in such a hurry?" Said the professor with a hint of irritation in her voice. "Oh I'm so sorry, my name is Easton and I was invited here by somebody named Shane. He told me I could get a pokedex here." Mumbled Easton. This whole time Easton's Vanillite Chill was breathing on his leg giving him a chill, in fact that's exactly why he named her that. "Oh well I'll let you go and find your friend but I'll give you my phone number so we can catch up on what I did't tell you here." She wrote a number on a small piece of paper which Easton shoved into his pocket. After that he pushed open the doors and dashed off.

Isaiah open the door to his new house and walked to the lab with his hood up and holding his Gothita.He noticed a boy that looked a tad younger than him run farther and farther away from the lab.He walked in the lab.

"Hello.I'm Isaiah.I'm new in...this region in general," He said under his breath.

"Hi.I'm Professor Willow.Here's your Pokedex." The professor said,handing him a Pokedex.Isaiah took it hesitantly."Also,here's my number if you need anything from me or my assistants," Willow said,giving him a piece of paper.

"Thanks," Isaiah responded and walked silently out of the town.

While Easton was dashing, he noticed another person behind him. He stopped and walked back "Hi I didn't see you or I would have stopped sooner, nice Gothita by the way. Wanna go on together since you seem around my age. Oh my gosh, this is just like me I forgot to ask what your name is." He said this all super fast and Chill was breathing on the kid the whole time.

"Erm...Thanks," Isaiah answered back.He looked at the Vanillite.

"Your Vanillite looks cool," He said,"No pun intended."He thought about the questions the kid asked.

"Um...The name's Isaiah and sure...I'll go with you.Well,at least try," He answered.Then,he giggled because he said,"He'll at least try."

"Okay well I'm supposed to meet some guy named Shane at a river but we will have to go through the forest to get there, but the way I think it's just another chance to catch new Pokémon. Sorry about saying so much at once, I'm just super excited because I'm in a new region. I'm not normally like this." And with that he started walking into the forest. He turned around and said "Are you coming?"

"Well I guess I can tell you my name, it's Easton, Easton Driscoll and this is my partner Chill," While he was walking he had a million things crossing his mind and just when he was about to say something, a Pokémon jumped out in front of both of them. He knew this Pokémon and he always wanted one, it was an Espurr. " Ohh Isaiah can I get this one I always wanted one but I could't catch one in Hoenn,"

Isaiah watched him intently.'Easton?' He thought to himself,'Intriguing name.' Meowstic were strong pokemon,so Easton would be a strong trainer.Anyways,he watched Easton and the espurr.

" Okay Vanillite use Frost Breathe! " Vanillite rose up and shot a blast of powdery crystals at the Espurr. The Espurr fell and Easton took that time to get a pokeball from his bag and threw it at the Pokémon. It encapsulated it with a flash of bright red light, it shook three times and stars came out showing it was caught. " YES!!!!! I finally caught one of these things, now let's try and find you a new Pokémon if you want one, but first I'm gonna name this thing, hmm I'll call it Link. I think that's a good name, what do you think."

Isaiah clapped,"Well done."He walked ahead of Easton by about 3 feet.He scanned the area for a Pokemon.He pointed to a light-brown tail in the distance.

"That's a Eevee!I really want a Sylveon..."Isaiah mumbled.He ran over to the Eevee and began a battle with it.

Xavier heard some yelling and ran through the trees. He saw a trainer about to fight... an Eevee?

"Hey man, that Eevee's mine! Star, Take Down!" Xavier yelled.

Star started charging towards the Eevee, and hit the Normal-type with all its might.

The pokemon flew into the air and fell back down. Nice shot! Now...
"One more time! Hit it!"

"NO!" Isaiah screamed,"THAT EEVEE WAS MINE!" Isaiah was enraged.

'Calm down,Isaiah...' He thought to himself.He took and deep breathe."Hey!" Isaiah marched over to the trainer with a Beldum,"Why'd you take my Pokemon?I was about to catch it..."

"You still have the chance... Whoever gets there first wins!" Xavier challenged.
He pulled out a pokeball and threw it at the immobile Pokémon.
The light went inside, blinked twice... and the Eevee came back out.

"Hey what are you doing that's my friends Pokémon well not yet, but it will be. You an find a different one," he yelled. Please can we at least talk, would you settle for rock, paper, scissors!

"Woah, everything alright over here Xavier?" Hester and Shane had paused their upcoming battle, and she pushed through the treeline when she heard the shriek. Flint was sitting on her shoulder, munching on his promised chips, and they came in just in time to see Isaiah knock the younger boy's Pokeball aside. Another boy was trying to mediate the dispute, and she decided to let him talk first.

"No, he found it first. I was just getting impatient. Those guys are really rare." Xavier apologized.
"I'll find one later. The daycare should have some.

Last edited:
Hester was glad to see the dispute end peacefully. Flint, however, wasn't nearly so level-headed. He had already grown defensive of Xavier and the rest of the crew, so without a second thought, he leaped at Isaiah with a screech, snatching the Great ball from his pocket and returning to Hester's shoulder midway through the duo's introductions.

Xavier rushed to grab the Fire-Type and get back the ball. However, he tripped into a tree, and Star came back out and rushed at the monkey.

Last edited:
"Hey is Shane here I'm supposed to meet him by a river but first what are your names other then Ryan. Also I have a feeling that you guys are going the same place I am so if so do you want to travel together?" Easton said in a friendly sort of way that he was quite good at. That's when he remembered what he was going to say before," Hey what are you gonna name your eevee? "

Status
Not open for further replies.