• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ikora Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
She thought that she was alone, but Shane's questioning begged to differ. This was her problem, not his, nor anyone else's. She wouldn't let her problems be a burden ever again, she wouldn't be a burden ever again. Her teary eyes shone in the firelight for just a moment, meeting with the concerned Shane's just before she blew out the torch, plunging them both in darkness as she recalled Flint and disappeared deeper downward into the cave without a trace. She'd be sure that she was alone, light a fire, and wait for them to be joyously on their way without her. That'd be better for them, right? A nomad didn't know how to make friends, or maintain a group anyways. She could be impulsive and headstrong without fear of prosecution all on her own.

It was really getting cold down there now. She released Flint, and he immediately snuggled his way back into her jacket. With the torch re-lit, she started walking onward, waving the torch a few feet in front of her in case of wild Pokemon. Hugging the right wall of the cave, it came to a sudden dead end, although something did catch her interest. Imprinted into the rock was a shell pattern, almost like wire mesh with little symmetrical dips on either side. Hey! Xavier would love this—Xavier... was still up top then, wasn't he?

Still, for whatever reason, Hester felt compelled to take it. It broke off from the wall fairly easily, and managed to stay intact. Fossil in one arm, and torch in the other, she came to a small, illuminated tunnel. Barely managing to squeeze through, she noticed that the cave in this area had gone from ice back to rock, and was a little bit less freezing than the other section. It was a habitat of sorts, with a lake of partially-frozen water slush. Bergmite clung to the ground in clusters, Shellder burrowed into the slushy mess, and a couple of Seels sat nearby, watching her carefully. Illuminated mushrooms, probably the work of hibernating Paras, kept the room fairly well lit, and the light reflected off of the lake below. Hester didn't feel right invading the wild Pokemon's space, so she was quick to leave. Before she could make her way back through the tunnel however, a single inquisitive "bwark?" sounded behind her. A Seel was shimmying up alongside her heels, and he turned his head in response to the new sight. Slowly, she patted him on the head, and seeing as he was friendly enough, tried hesitantly to pick him up. One of the Dewgong's nearby, however, did not like that idea, and shot a pressurized water pulse at her in territorial anger. The torch was out in an instant, and so was Hester. The Seel burrowed into her jacket alongside Flint, letting the trainer reflexively grab the fossil before she bolted out of there.

The Pansear's warmth seemed to fade as Hester was wracked with shivers. She opened her jacket, letting Flint fall into her arms as she dashed away from the angry Dewgong. The water had knocked him out, so both of her light and heat sources were were now completely extinguished. When she had made it a safe distance away, she sat down to catch her breath, hugging the compliant Seel close in the total darkness. She was soaked from the water, and freezing, colder than she had ever been in fact. Now this is what being impulsive gets you. Bitterly freezing to death and bereft of human contact. She really was going to die down there, hugging the little Seel even closer as her body grew numb.

Hearing a cold scream, Xavier ripped off a piece of dead bark and slid done the slope on top of it. As he passed Shane, who was standing in shock,a small glow began to shine.
Flint! How di-
"Oh crap!" Xavier yelled as he fell off the bark and tumbled forward. The light grew closer, and a more humanoid shape appeared, the light coming from inside. After skidding to a stop and crashing to a wall, which surprised te figure that was, under closer inspection, Hester. He reached into his pack and pulled out a single white disc that he had saved for something like this. Xavier sent out Carlos and had him hold the disc, dispite being confused by the darkness.
"Ok guys, cover your eyes! Now! Flash!" He commanded. Carlos started to flow a bright white, illuminating the entire cave, then simmered down a bit to still be glowing.
"Cmon. Let's get you out of here." Xavier said comfortingly. The still- white Beedrill nodded. Xavier pretended to notice the derpy face of the Seel, but failed and went to go pet it. "You are so cute!" Xavier said excitedly. The small Pokemon retailed with a water gun to the face.

Jacob pulled out his flashlight and started to wander. He knew in the general direction that Hester had gone in. He didn't mean those words to be harsh. He ment them to have more of a joking tone, but they had not come out that way. He sighed, and continued through the maze of tunnels.

Jacob ended up meeting with a dewgong that was rather peeved at him, for some reason. It shot a water pulse at them. Jacob immediately told Zyklon B to use hypnosis. When it was out, they walked past it. He used a potion on his Ghastly, because it looked a bit messed up by that water pulse. However, nothing he couldn't have taken.

Jacob, after a merry chase, found Xavier and Hester. He saw Hester was rather messed up, and he saw that her growlithe was out for the count. He went over, revived the growlithe, and then went over to talk to Hester, carrying the growlithe so Hester could get some warmth.

"Hester? I would like to speak to you. First off, I would like to say I am sorry for talking to you that way back there, but I was worried. I knew that there were strong pokemon in this cave, and I wasn't sure if you could take them on by yourself. I wanted for us to stay together. Anyways, I know I was being a jerk back there. Could you forgive my stupidity?" He then hugged her, getting both hot and cold from the water on her and her Growlith. Zyklon B decided to join in, and he snuggled in with the two.

After a few moments, Jacob pulled away and helped Hester to her feet. "Well, how about we get out of here? Or would you like to continue your adventure into this dangerous cave?"

(Ooc: Awkward time to mention, but Flint is a Pansear)

Hester snapped back to reality as she sat in the cave, a flash of light had blinded her, but when she came to, she saw the Seel struggling out of her arms as he shot a stream of water to the source of the light. She followed its path, until it landed on... Xavier?

She shot up to go help him. "Xavier? Oh my god I'm s-so sorry. We've gotta get you out of here."

The skinny, trilby-wearing form of Jacob came up nearby, and he took the soaked Flint from her arms. It was her fault again that they were all down here. In her attempt to not be a burden, she only made herself more of one. She avoided his eyes as he spoke, yet he was apologizing to her? He'd done nothing wrong! She was the one to run off in the first place.

And then to her surprise, he hugged her, still apologizing profusely as he did so before a newly-revived Flint hopped up to her shoulder. Zyklon B... the little guy was snuggling in with them too, and Hester hugged him back, appreciating the warmth.

"I'm so, so sorry. I know I'm impulsive, I know I'm headstrong. Always have been, it just hit a soft spot inside me is all, family problems and all that. I was so sure that I would be nothing but harm to you guys, I've never known anything but temporary homes and temporary friends, but in the end, I was only harm to myself. You've done nothing wrong Jacob, I was the idiot here." She looked back to Xavier, still soaked with water in the freezing cave and standing awkwardly to the side. "But we've gotta get Xavier out of here. Here Flint, cuddle up with him."

She hated to sacrifice her only warmth, but it was only right. Besides, she had Zyklon here for comfort and..?

Butting up against her ankle, the Seel and the fossil both sat on the ground, and Hester picked them both up again.

"You wanna come with us?" She spoke to the Seel, holding him up high. Given the look on his doofy face, she didn't think he really understood what she was saying, but it looked like a yes to her. Hugging the little guy tight, he barked happily. "I'll take that as a yes, isn't that right Cecul?" Tacking on a bit of baby talk at the end, she babbled at the cute Pokemon, rubbing their noses together with a smile as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She would have to make it up to everyone after this, but seeing as they came after her in the first place, she was sure that she could manage.

"Wait, hang on, is that...a fossil?"Xavier questioned excitedly. Judging by the hole in the wall, next to the smaller one from where the bark crashed, it was. "Oh my gosh, I don't know if I should be happy for you or still sad... Either way, you have a new Pokemon, and another once we get to that meuseum. You should be happy. Still, don't do that ever again." Xavier said as he patted his friend on the back.

She'd almost forgotten that she was even holding it. "I found this for you you goof!" She stood proudly, holding it out for him to take. "Even when I'm off on my own, freezing to death in a cave, you'd better believe that I've still got my friends in mind." Her eyes followed back to the hole in the cave wall, as she started laughing uncontrollably at the situation.

"I still can't believe you came surfing down here on a strip of bark, and that you crashed into a wall. You sure you're okay?" With Flint hugging his head from behind, she doubted that he couldn't not be pretty warm.

(Ooc: I thought it was a growlithe. I have been playing too much pokemon go. All I have been catching is rattatas, pidgeys, and growlithes. And also quite a few eevees)

Jacob watched the exchange go on, and he said, "Well, anyways, we should be heading up." However, as he turned to go, he saw a strangely colored zubat. Instead of the normal blue with purple wings, it was green with tan wings.

Now, normally Jacob would not ever dream of putting a zubat on his team. However, this one was special. Thus, he motioned to Zyklon B, and instigated an attack. He then said, in a calm voice, "Zyklon B, use hypnosis." And the zubat dropped, asleep. Jacob pressed his advantage, and threw a pokeball at it. The ball shook three times, and then went still.

"Oh my gosh... Was that what I think it was! I think they're called... 'Shinys'. They're really rare... My Grandfather had a Geodude like that. You realize you have one of the rarest Pokemon on earth?!" Xavier rattled off as he applied Carlos, tired from glowing, with an Ether and took the fossil. "And yes, that was awesome, I am quite ok. Don't ask why. Now, we should get out of this cave. Carlos, you can fly, show us a way up!" Xavier commanded as the beedrill floated ahead, with Xavier soon to follow. The others would follow soon, enough, atleast he thought.

(Ooc: A Geodude was my first shiny.)

"Awesome indeed. Looks like there was some good that came out of this little excursion. To onwards and beyond!" Much as she would've liked to run ahead, she'd learned her lesson for the day, and it'd sure last with her for quite some time. Thumbing the Pokeballs in her pocket with half-interest, she remembered her beloved Peavey, and let him out to walk along. He was confused with his surroundings, but Hester figured she wouldn't mention her little experience to him unless it came up. Tapping one of the vacant Pokeballs against Cecul, the ball shook once, twice, and thrice, signifying his capture with that satisfying "click." As soon as he was in, he was back out, snuggled up close with Zyklon B in her arms.

"Hey, you don't suppose the others have set up a camp for the night already, have they?" She asked, wondering of the well-being of the others.

Jacob nodded, and said, "Hopefully they did. I would like to have a fire going by the time we get there." He looked over at Hester, and said, "And you need to get out of those wet cloathes. You will catch your death of cold if you don't."

Jacob then looked away, remembering something Hester had said. He wouldn't pry now, but he would ask her about it when they were more alone. He wasn't sure if she would like explaining it to multiple people at a time.

Pokémon: (Shiny) Zubat
Name: Morbius
Moves: Confuse Ray
Poison Fang
Air Cutter
Bite

"Oh yeah. Xavier's the one I'm worried about now. That suede jacket of mine is waterproof, so I can at least put that on when we get back with the group. A good roaring fire, and we'll be all good for the night." Hester popped the joints in her shoulder. With Peavey on her right side, Flint with Xavier, Cecul and Zyklon B cuddled up with her, and now Morbius in her ball, it was shaping up to be quite the party.

When they returned to the others, they had managed a firepit, but no fire. Flint was quick to change that, and with some tiny flames shooting forth from his mouth, they had a fire.

Pokemon: Seel
Name: Cecul
Moves: Aurora Beam, Brine, Signal Beam, and Aqua Ring

When they got to the campsite, Jacob set all of his things up. He thought that it may be a good idea to get a tent sometime soon, but decided to leave that for when they got to the next town. When he put his suitcase and his bag next to his sleeping bag, he went over to Hester.

"Hester, could I talk to you in private really quick?"

Hester bit her lip, she knew that it wouldn't be over as simple as that. She snuck off towards Jacob while Peavey, Flint, and Cecul were over by the fire, playing with everyone else.

"Sure thing J, what's on your mind?"

Jacob looked at her, and said, "I wanted to talk about you for a short while. I remember you talking about some problems you had. I wanted to talk to you in private because I was guessing you wouldn't want to talk about it in front of everyone. But, what problems have you had in the past?"

Jacob looked sympathetic, and he continued, "You know that it can feel like a load on your chest if you are holding problems and you want to bear them on your own. However, a lot of times, it feels a lot better if you tell a friend."

(Ooc: Take caution with the full-ooc posts, we don't want this thread drawing attention in the wrong way for getting shut down :'| maybe a discussion thread is in order?)

"I get it. You deserve an explanation more than anyone, but hey, there's hardly an explanation to give. Guess I've gotta start from square one here huh? Well, my parents were nomads, and by default, so was I, and so was the rest of the family too. We never had proper homes, we never had the time to stop and build them, so we set up campfires for the night, and shacks for the winter."

She had a nostalgic look on her face for a second, before she snapped out of it. "Don't let me go sappy on you, it's just that my earliest memory was in one of those shacks, before we left it behind without a second thought. I couldn't stop crying at the time, and all I remembered was my brother- I don't remember which, I had a lot of them -dragging me along by the hand, more annoyed than sympathetic, and like the rest of the family, more cold than loving. To this day, I still don't know why we were all so opposed to staying in one region, within close enough quarters to the friends that we made in our travels, but no, we were always moving forwards, and never looking behind us. So, I learned to become the only thing I could be: impulsive. Without a second thought, I'd follow along, and remained headstrong enough to tolerate, even accept the lifestyle we had. I know, it's silly, but it's really all I've got worth mentioning. I'd turned into who I am now for the pure fear of becoming a burden, and back in the cave, when I thought that I was still a burden now, despite how much I'd changed? That was the tipping point."

She'd gone and made Jacob worry, though at the same time, it felt... good to have someone who cared about her well-being. Her parents, accustomed to having so many children, could hardly even tell one apart from the rest of the batch, and never sought to consider anyone else's feelings like this. With a wave of her hand, Hester tried to reassure him on a final note.

"Don't spend your well-being worrying about me, hey? Everyone's life has had it rough. We've all got our own ups and downs, yet we're all here now, buddying up by the campfire with our newfound pals."

Jacob smiled warmly, and said, "Wow. You have had some troubling times. The worst that I have had it is not getting my allowance because I decided to be rebellious every once and a while. I come from a more affluent family. I felt like I was suffocating in the presence of my parents and my brother and sister."

Jacob paused for a second, and said, "Well, even if you had hard times as a child. At least you have good friends here around you. You are the one thing in life you can control. Don't change just because others, even me, thinks that it isn't always the best choice to go headfirst into situations. Just try to listen sometimes to your friends sometimes. They want what is best for you."

Jacob looked in the direction of the camp, and said, "Anyways, I am sure none of us here think you are a burden. Though we were rather scared when you ran off into the cave alone. Anyways, let's get back to the camp."

Jacob turned around, but then before he could take one step, he turned back and gave Hester a strong heartfelt hug. He then whispered into her ear, "And as long as you are my friend, I will worry about you. That's what friends are for, right?"

She hugged him back, just as hard, letting the sincerity of his words flow through her as they finally parted. Before she could start heading back to the campfire though, she smiled, heartfelt and involuntary, as she swept him up again in one more crushing hug. Hester was strong, probably strong enough to lift Jacob if she wanted to, and only hugged him for a second, whispering briefly back to him before breaking away so that he could breathe.

"That's what friends are for. Thanks so much, J."

As she headed back to camp, she walked with just a little more spring in her step.

Jacob followed Hester, and went over to his sleeping bag. He checked his watch, and seeing it was late, said, "Hey guys, we should be getting to sleep." Jacob then went over to a secluded spot, and changed into his pajamas.

After he was finished changing, Jacob walked back over to his sleeping bag, and got into it.

After the others got back, Seth wandered into the cave, in hopes to find something he had wanted for a long time; a sail fossil. The others had the map, so Seth had no idea where he was going. He wandered through the frozen maze of tunnels, seeing all sorts of stones, but he was only interested in one, which, after hours of searching, he eventually found. There it was, the sail fossil. "Hahar...about time. Zach, come on out!" He sent out Zach, and instructed him to dig out the stone with his scallops. He then found what he had come for, but then he realized...the others had the map. He didn't know which way to go to get back.

Jacob closed his eyes, and then opened them again. He sat up, and looked around. Something was wrong. Very wrong. He wasn't sure what, however, they seemed to be missing someone.

Jacob started to do a headcount, and he noticed that Seth was gone. He looked to the rest of the people in the group, and asked, "Hey, has anyone seen Seth? I thought he had set up camp."

After hours of wandering, and cleverly deducting how far into the cave he was by comparing how cold it was in one area with how cold it was in another, he eventually started finding his way back to the entrance. About halfway there, he stopped to see Jacob and Zyklon B running towards him.

Jacob, using his flash light, saw Seth coming towards him. When he walked up to Seth, he looked at him with sleepy eyes, and said, "Wow, I am really turning out to be the hero of the group. Helping to save two people in the same night?"

Jacob yawned, and said, "Well, anyways, come on. We need to get back to camp. I need some sleep."

Seth agreed and walked back to camp with him, satisfied with his find. but before they left the cave, Seth suddenly and aggressively grabbed Jacob by the throat and pinned him to damp wall of the cave, staring him down with his freezing blue eyes. He then started mumbling something, of which Jacob could make out only one word. Seth then let go, and walked back to camp, lying down on the grass as if nothing had happened, leaving Jacob confused, as well as franticly disturbed. The one word he could make out was "Hester."

Jacob walked over to Seth, grabbed him by the arm, and pulled him to his feet. He was rather peeved with what Seth had done. He pretty much dragged Seth back into the cave, where nobody else could see them, and he proceeded to ask, in cold and dangerous tone, "What the hell was that, Seth? I would like an answer to my query, because what you did was assault, and I personally thought you were a friend. However, friends don't choke out friends, and so I am starting to wonder about you. Why did you do what you did?"

Jacob grabbed him out of the mouth of the cave, and pulled him back. He then said, "Seth, I had just helped you. I came into the cave looking for you. I wanted to make sure you got out alright. And how did you repay me? You tried to choke me out? And now you punched me in the face. And you think that I am not your friend? I have not attacked you yet, though I have every right to. You are the only one throwing punches!"

Jacob felt his cheek, wincing. "That's gonna bruise. But seriously." Jacob looked at Seth pleadingly, "Tell me what I did wrong! Why are you acting like this?"

Hester, initially close behind Jacob, had to catch up a brief distance to account for his longer legs. When she turned the corner to the mouth of the cave, she saw Seth, yanked backwards and further into the cave by Jacob. From the look on either of their faces, someone was clearly on the verge of throwing a punch, and from the swelling bulge on Jacob's face, someone already had. She rushed forwards, with the steam and the anger of a Tauros, pulling the two apart and throwing them, with force, to the ground, with both to either side of her.

"Now what the hell is going on here?"

Seth turned to Hester, after apologizing to Jacob, and was at a loss of words for his embarrassment. "I, uh..." He looked back and forth between Jacob an Hester, unable to express his remorse, as it has always been whenever such situation occurred before.

"You think that's an explanation? Either of you, who started throwing fists first, and why? You two aren't sleeping tonight until I get an answer that I'm satisfied with."

Hester stood in the cave mouth with her arms crossed. Cecul had his head poking out from her backback, while Peavey and Flint stood on either side, also trying to cross their arms, as they formed a sort of barricade.

Jacob raised his hands, and said, "I never threw a punch. The worst I have done was pull him back into the cave out of sight of the rest of our group, so I could talk to him. I was trying to talk this through, but Seth apparently was not being so civil."

Hester quirked an eyebrow. Seth seemed mild-mannered enough, what could've brought him to throw a punch? She'd heard of a man possessed by a Marowak's ghost in an old urban legend, but it was all smoke and mirrors at its core.

Turning to Seth, she said aloud, "Alright, what's your story? Why'd you hit him?"

"I've been thinking about that...I honestly can't say. Although, this has happened before many times back in Unova..... random fits of anger, I mean. Although, this particular situation is strange...there is usually a reason behind my outbursts. I honestly don't know what came over me...I sincerely apologize. Please forgive me, I had not wanted to start any trouble." He was looking at the ground in shame, as Zach hugged his leg, in an attempt to make him feel better.

Jacob looked at him, and said, "You are forgiven. I would rather travel with a friend than a person who I am at odds with." Jacob then said, "Well, let us go outside and get some sleep. We will be on the road again tomorrow."

(He likes Hester and wants her to be his girlfriend, doesn't he?)

The sincerity in Seth's tone was apology enough for her. How couldn't she feel a tad regretful? Sure, he'd been the one to throw a punch, but he was still a kid. The sight of Zach cuddled against his leg, frantically trying to comfort his trainer, sure didn't help her conscious much. Tauros-charging and then shouting at him was more than just a bit much. Kicking Flint gently in the side, she gestured to the huddled form of Seth, figuring that he was the most cuddly and comforting of her Pokemon. The Pansear patted awkwardly around Seth's knees, which was a start, though Hester could do without the side-eyed glares he was giving to Zach.

"Aw Seth, I'm sorry. I had no idea, and—" her frantic apologies ceased for the moment, and she pondered the scenario in her head. Interrogating the poor kid probably wouldn't do a thing, so she turned to Jacob. "There was nothing at all that led up to this? He just sucker-punched you out of thin air? Didn't mistake you for a wild Zubat or anything?"

Jacob thought for a second, and decided not to tell Hester about what he had grumbled. He wasn't sure if Seth wanted her to know. Jacob shrugged, and said, "No, not really." He glanced over at Seth again, and then he said, "But he was grumbling something. So I am pretty sure he didn't mistake me for a wild Zubat."

(He will have to fight Jacob for her affection, which I am guessing he already is trying to.)

Tentatively, Hester offered a hand out to both of them, helping the duo to their feet as Flint rejoined her side.

"It's not pressure, but... what kind of things were you mumbling Seth? Maybe you were just delirious and sleepwalking?"

"Thank you for understanding." said Seth, still greatly embarrassed. He crouched down and patted flint on the head, and turned to Hester. "Aye, that must have been it," he said, paying half of his attention to Jacob. Although Seth's story was believable, Jacob couldn't help but sense that there was something more than a simple case of IED. There was something he was hiding, or maybe it was just his imagination.

(and silent, I'd rather leave it suspenseful. anyway, i'm getting off now. G'night!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.