• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Ice beam!" The ice fired at Fire bird but was melted. Then the Glailie took the attack and fainted.
"Cradily use Ancientpower on that Shiftry!" Rocks flew into the air around Cradily and hit Shiftry. "Again!" This time, Shiftry dodged the attacks, jumping over them.
"Feint attack!" The Shiftry disappeared for a few seconds, then hit Cradily. Cradily couldn't move.
"Fire blast Casform!" Casform transformed into it's red sunny form. It then continued by shooting huge amounts of fire at Shiftry.
"Dark pulse! Then, razor leaf!" The blast of dark energy came towards Casform. Casform dodged it.
"Blizzard!" Casform transformed into it's snowy form, and the room became colder. The blast of ice hit Shiftry. The Shiftry's dark pulse attack hit Ziggy. Then the razor leaf attack hit Emerald, who thawed out. Shiftry fainted.
"Psybeam them!" The Chimeco produced a magical cylinder which came for Cradily. Cradily took the hit and fainted.
"Dammit!" Looker shouted. "We're wasting time here, let's move on! Castform, Hydro Pump!" Water came at the Chimeco. She dodged it but the blast turned around and hit her and she fainted. The three Masquaraders ran for the door. Looker grabbed one of them. "Where is your master?"

"He is on the tenth floor!" Then the Masquarader ran.
Looker told the police who then arrived, to take out the Masquaraders on the other floors, whilst they deal with the leader on the top floor. Looker took Patrick and Drew onto the lift and the lift took them to the tenth floor. Along the way, the police dropped off onto the various floors, where they engaged in furious pokemon battles.

As the lift came to a stop and the doors opened Drew walked out. This floor primearly consisted of a single room. " This bastard has a whole floor to himself." Drew said as he observed the room. " Stay close Tess." Tess nodded as she stayed right beside Drew.

"On the contrary...it is not just me that has the room..." The voice came from the leader, who stood with his back to them. "I've been expecting you lot for a long time...Seize them!"
A group of Masquaraders confronted them. A horde of Masquerains surrounded them.
"Bug Buzz" A group of them ordered
"Aerial Ace!" The other half ordered.
"Ziggy use Play Rough on the Masquerains. Emerald dodge their attacks and use leaf blade!" Patrick shouted. Ziggy jumped up and hit two of them. There was a wave of energy from the bug buzz attack which hit Emerald as he was trying to stab at them. Emerald fell to the ground and Patrick was forced to return him. Castform was being hit by the aerial ace attacks and so most of the time, he couldn't move.

Last edited by a moderator:
" Fire Bird." Drew said. " Use Fame thrower." Drew said. as Fire erupted from Fire bird's mouth obliterating some of them. " Arceus they keep coming."

A Mightyena jumped towards Drew and Tess and snapped and snarled at them, followed by a somewhat familiar face. "Did you actually believe, or are you truly naïve enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I'll make this simple for you. Retreat, or watch your friends die." It was Marduk.

"Didn't I see you at the stadium?!" Looker asked Marduk. Then he ordered Casform to use fire blast and it fired at several Masquerains, causing them to faint, but more of them came in to attack.

"So your one of them." Drew said looking at Marduk. " Tess use draining Kiss." Tess ran toward the Mighyena. She grabbed it by the ears.

"Didn't you get the memo? The Masquerains and I are going in on a joint business venture together!" Mightyena's tail turned to solid iron (Iron Tail), and tried to smack at Tess.

"That's enough Sceptile stop it with Leafblade!" Yannick who followed the group decided to step in. "I knew there was something wrong with you!" He said facing Marduk.

Tess took the hit and went backwards. " Tess" Drew said. Tess looked at him. Drew gave Tess a command using his hand.
Tess shook her head as she started firing shadow balls all over the place.
Drew looked to his left and saw Yannick and his sceptile standing there. " Where the hell did you come from?" Drew asked.

As Leaf Blade hit, Mightyena was knocked unconscious. Standing over its body, Marduk mumbled, "You were worth every cent. Truly, you were." He sent out a Hitmonchan, "Like it or not, the people that hired me are going to change the world! You can't stop them, I can't stop them! And you know the old saying; if you can't beat them, join 'em."

The Masquerians now consentrated their attacks on Tess. Their Bug Buzzs came at them and two of them swooped down for an aerial ace attack. A man in a pinkish suit appeared with his mask. "Greetings all. I am Valentino, deputy of the Masqueraders. Now prepare to die! Swallot, teach 'em a lesson with sludge bomb!" An unusually large Swallot appeared. It fired a grand blob of poison into the air and it landed next to Ziggy, poisoning him and sending him flying into the air at the same time.
Meanwhile, there were cages full of people at the back of the room. Somehow, Jaden had appeared in one. Aston stood outside of it.
"How did I get here?" Jaden asked. "I was in the lobby when..."
"I injected you with a drug and you went to sleep then I took you here for my client!" Aston laughed. He turned round to notice the attack. "Look, the Masquaraders have got this sweet device. When they use it, you'll be the first one they test it on..."

"Well I saw some policemen surrounding the building so I decided to check what's going on inside." Yannick replied. "So this wierdo over there thinks we can't stop some grunts? Thats cute! If you want to fight I will gladly accept your challenge!" He turned around and saw a man in a pink suit attacking with a huge Swallot. "Man why do all these people look so wierd? Drew I let you handle the Swallot!"

Swallot fired another Sludge bomb, this time, Ziggy, flew crashed into one of the prison cells at the back, opening the gate accidently. "Wait why are there people in those cells?" Patrick asked
"They're are little test subjects! Our slaves!" Valentino roared. He noticed Ziggy had fainted and laughed, uncontrollably.

Hitmonchan loked at the Sceptile and back to Marduk, "Ok... Get it?" Hitmonchan then nodded and took on a combat stance, raising its glove-like hands near its face like a boxer.

Tess was on the ground. Drew jumped in the way of an Ariel ace resulting in his chest being cut, and blood splattering near him.
" Kirlia." Tess said as she ran towards him.
" Get out of here Tess." Drew said as he was starting to lose consciousness. Tess jumped ontop of Drew as her eyes glowed. within seconds all of the Masqurians fainted.
" Kirlia!" She shouted as a wave of Psychic energy erupted from her. Within seconds she started to glow.
" Gardivour." Tess said. She helped lift Drew up.
" Tess?" Drew said in disbelief. " You evolved." He was very proud of her. " Use psychic on that Swallot."
Her eyes glowed as she looked at the Swallot.

Riley had finished eating breakfast and was headed for the stadium when he noticed that police had surrounded the skyscraper. He walked up to a policeman. "Hey, what's going on in there?", asked Riley. "Well, I don't really know. Arcanine and I were called here to guard the area along with some other policemen. They are sending some policemen in there now to see what's going on.", said the policeman before Riley stopped him.
"Relax, you have the Johto League Tournament winner right here.", he said with a smirk as he walked forward. "Wait, we have direct orders not to let anyone in.", stated the police officer. Riley pulled out a pokeball and the police officer backed up. "I don't follow orders.", he said before running into the building.

After he ran in, another police officer walked up. "Hey, I heard he was the one who destroyed that building yesterday.", he said to the other police officer. "Then we might have another problem.", stated the other police officer.

"Drew you okay?!" Patrick asked. "Nice work with the evolution by the way..."
The Swallot put up a protect to stop the attack. "Now poison gas!" A cloud of purple flew towards Tess.
Aston walked towards the battle. "Aston?! What are you doing here? How did you get here?"
"The master has a Flygon. He took it to me. I am not part of your pitiful group...You will face our wrath! We ninjas never quit!" He sent out his Crawduant. "Crabhammer on that Casform!" But before he could make the attack, a Manetric appeared.
"Oh no you don't. Powerhouse, thunderbolt!" The attack hit the Crawduant and he fell to the ground and fainted.

"Playing defensive? I'm afraid that won't help much! Sceptile show him Leaf Blade barrage!" Sceptile attacked with high speed to get around Hitmonchan's guard. "Drew! You ok?" Yannick noticed what happened to Drew.

Tess lets go of Drew . She procceds to put a barrier around him so he won't be any more hurt than he already is. Tess closed her eyes for a few seconds as she opened them her full attention went to the Swallot. She ran towards it running threw the posion gas. She got really close to it as her eyes turned blue again.
Else where
"This is Keith with the Hoenn news." A reporter said as he flew over the nearly destroyed Rustboro city. " A devastating earthquake hit here roughly twenty minutes ago. It is unkown at the time if there where any survivors.

Hitmonchan managed to sneak in an Ice Punch through Sceptile's speed. "Honestly, I don't see how you can win this. Attacking isn't the only thing you're allowed to do. Ever hear of a strategy?" said Marduk, poking fun at Yannick.

Last edited:

Aston was angry now. "First you destroy my home and now..." He sent out a Seviper and Zangoose. "Poison tail Seviper!" The tail of the Seviper went purple and jabbed into Powerhouse. Powerhouse fell down but did not faint.

Without warning to anyone, a dragon pulse blew a hole in the wall and Riley on his Salemence flew in. "Sorry for not taking the stairs, it was a bit hectic down there. But don't worry, your champion is here.", Riley said with a smirk as he looked around the chaotic room.

"You should take a good look at your Hitmonchan! I guess Sceptile managed to land more than enough hits. Besides after one move you think you have figured me out? That's check mate!" Yannick pointed his thumb down with the last sentence as Hitmonchan and Sceptile were both forced to their knees.

The Swallot fainted.
" You better not destroy this fucking building." Drew said weakly as he saw the Salamance. a few seconds later Drew was unconscious

"Go Metagross! Keep that idiot on the outside with everything you have!" Yannick was annoyed that Riley showed up. "Crap! We have to get Drew out of here!" He said as he saw Drew fainting.

Riley smirked. "Sorry Drew.", said Riley as he dragged Drew's body and put him on Salemence's back. Then he turned to Yannick and smirked. "You should leave before you hurt yourself again.", Riley said pointing to Yannick's side that was hurt a day earlier. "Now, Salemence, Draco Meteor!", exclaimed Riley before they got blasted back by a Metagross. Riley tried standing up. "What the hell?! Is that yours Yannick?, Riley asked, enraged that his attack was stopped. "Salamence, use fire blast on that Metagross!", Riley exclaimed.

Last edited:

"Looks like the cavalry is here, get ready to have your skyscraper destroyed!" Patrick shouted
"Enough! Zangoose use slash!" Zangoose hit the now poisoned Powerhouse.
"Are you okay Drew?" Asked Looker. "Casform use weather ball on Zangoose and Seviper. A series of spheres flew towards them. Zangoose dodged it but Seviper was hit.
"Poison fang!" The Seviper launched itself into the air and bit the Casform but Casform flung him off. He fired one more weather ball and Seviper fainted.
"Night slash!" The Zangoose, in a rage, slashed as hard as it could at the Casform. The Casform dodged the attack and the night slash hit threw one of the walls.
"Shadow claw!" The claws turned into shadow and hit Powerhouse. "Now Night slash again!" This time it targeted Casform but Casform used Blizzard and Zangoose fell to the ground and fainted. "God, you're good..." Said Aston to Looker.

Marduk sighed and turned to Valentino. "Detonate the building. Most of us aren't getting out of here alive." He sent out a Feraligatr to stall time. "And get me a chopper."

"Stop that attack with Zen Headbutt! You don't realize do you? Nobody in here wants your help! You are a brutal cocky idiot that killed off Jonas! To be honest I know nothing about him but he was on our side! I will only let you go this time to get Drew to a save place!" Yannick shouted at Riley. "Now back to you Marduk or whatever your name is! If you want this place to get destroyed I will keep you here to go down with me! Patrick get the others out of here as fast as possible!" He threw his remaining 4 Pokeballs to get Blaziken, Flygon, Crawdaunt and Dusclops to his side.

"So be it. Feraligatr, use Dragon Dance." Purple and yellow energy flowed around the alligator. "You don't know what's coming, you have no idea."

Riley smirked. "You know what Yannick, you're right. I killed Jonas. You happy now?", Riley asked getting pissed off at Yannick. "Salamence get Drew out of here. I have something I have to do.", Riley stated. Salamence nodded and flew out with Drew.

"Come out Swampert.", Riley said as he tossed out a pokeball. "Swampert", said the blue and orange Pokemon as it came out. "You've made me mad Yannick. Swampert, use earthquake on this floor!", exclaimed Riley. Swampert pushed the floor and it started to shake. Soon the whole floor shook uncontrollably destroying the 10th floor, sending them crashing down onto the 9th floor.

"Weak pathetic children..." The master said. "I'll be seeing you..." He jumped onto a Flygon. The Flygon flew towards Valentino and Valentino jumped on. Then, the master jumped and did a flip and landed onto the back of a Salamence. All the Masquerains had fainted by now. Aston ran towards the cages and released Jaden. "Jaden is here too?!" Patrick asked. Aston said nothing. He grabbed him and then they jumped off of the skyscraper. All the Masquaraders were flleeing now, but a group of police came up from the other floors. "We have cleared all the other 9 floors!" One of the police officers said. "Grab as many of the escaping Masquaraders as you can!"

Marduk used the opportunity to use his com links to speak to an unknown person, "It's time, m'lady." He turned off the comms and told them, "Well, I guess you're right. No one can leave the building. Feraligatr, use Waterfall." The blue gator launched itself towards Blaziken.

"This is getting on my nerves! Tess I know you are not my Pokemon but I need your help for now!" Yannick quickly returned his Pokemon and looked at Drew's Guardevoir. "Please use Teleport to get us out of here!"

Tess grabbed Yannick , Patrick,, Looker, and Riley and teleported them away.
Elsewhere
Marric Stood and looked at the destruction the Equalizer did to Rustboro. " Good." He said. " Admin." He said.
" Yes sir." The Female Admin said. " Is there any news on our "friends.""
"The Masqueraders base is currently being seiged by the Police."
"Good." Marric said. " Did Aston tell the Police what they wanted to hear."
" Yes Sir." The female Admin said.
He looked at the board. Everything was going as planned. Now all he had to do was get the Equalizer strong enough to wipe out all of Hoenn in one fail stroke

Tess pointed at the hospital. as she went inside.
Drew woke up. He felt pain imamate throughout his body. He sat up just barley able to. He was in a hospital gown. " How did I get here?" He wondered. He garbbed a remote and turned on the television. All the channels kept showing footage of Rustboro after a powerful earthquake happened. " Damn." Drew thought as he saw the carnage this earth quake did.

Joe watched as the Police sieged the building, and it began to crumble under the power of the Pokémon inside. "Oh no!" He said "what is happening with this place?"
He went to a nearby bench and sat down. "I wish my brother was here" he sighed
"And I am" he heard a voice say. He saw his brother, Alex Whitman walk towards him and sit down on the bench, "I came to watch you" he explained "on a luxury cruise of course"
"Spoilt brat" Joe said under his breath, but he was actually thankful that Alex was there "something is happening and i need your help to find out what"

(OOC: Introducing Alex, you might remember him from Jagson's Cruise to Hoenn RP)

Tired of being in bed Drew got out of the bed and started to walk around The hospital. He tried not to over do it. He made sure that his Hospital Gown was on tight not wanting to show the world his ass. He continued to walk until Tess jumped at him wrapping her arms around him. " Hey Tess." Drew said returning the hug. Good to see you too. he walked into the waiting room.