• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

"Hey, where's Salamence's thank you?", Riley asked as he walked into the hospital behind Tess. "He was the one brought you here after all.", Riley said petting Salamence's head.

Yannick sat in the lobby of his hotel thinking about what happened. "What's with that face man? You look like you were kicked out of the tournament before it started!" A blond guy sat sown next to him. "So you are finally here. Were you kicked from Rhon's Elite Four or has my sister defeated all contestants this year?" Yannick replied. "Come on now! As if I would be kicked from the Elite 4! But the last guess is right not a single trainer was able to get the Cloudbadge for 3 years in a row." The young man replied. "Say Dennis, how is everyone else doing at home? You might have noticed that I got into a lot of trouble the last two years and I don't want the people that are close to me getting involved." Yannick said worried. "No need to worry. Rhon is a small region and the Champ as well as the rest of the Elite 4 stayed to discuss some things with the Gymleaders so everyone is save." Dennis said with a smile on his face. Then he saw Yannick's wound. "What the hell! This looks like you took a direct attack from a Pokemon!" He shouted. "Calm down! It's nothing serious. More important is that something strange is happening here. First off I want to introduce you to possibly the only person we can trust on this island. Let's go to the hospital." They both left for the hospital to see Drew.

Riley watched as Drew leaned on the wall in pain. "Hey man, maybe you should go back to your room and rest. You most definitely need it.", stated Riley, a bit concerned for him.

" I'll be fine." Drew said. " I really don't like hospitals."
Drew looked at the TV. They were talking about the aftermath of what is being called one of the most devastating earthquakes to ever hit Hoenn. a total of three hundred people dead and fifteen missing including the current Champ Wallace as well as the former champ Steven.
" What the hell is going on." Drew said.
" And in other news." Reporter Keith Davis said. " Hurrican Mathew is schedualed to hit the Hoenn Region in the next few days. The man made Island of Preston will have terrible tropical storms for the next few days.."
" Well fuck." Drew said.

Last edited:
"Man what comes next? Will that punk command his Salamence to destroy the whole island?" Yannick said as he and Dennis entered the hospital. "Drew how are you feeling?" Yannick asked. "If you don't mind I would like to introduce you to an old friend of mine. His name is Dennis he is a trainer from my region." He explained. "Dude I can speak for myself!" Dennis interrupted Yannick. "However, as Yannick already said, my name is Dennis nice to meet you!"

"So do you have any clue what could have caused all these catastrophies? I mean this goes way beyond a coincidence." Yannick asked. "Even Steven and Wallace went missing. That's strange I mean Steven as a fan of stones could have been underground and buried alive during one of the earthquakes. But Wallace has to reside on this island during the tournament." Dennis said.

" I have no idea what's going on." Drew said. " But something is wrong. I mean yesterday there was two earthquakes one right after another. That can't be a coincidence.

Riley smirked as he saw Yannick with Dennis. "What? Couldn't handle an earthquake so you had to bring your friend along. And for your information, the only thing I'll have Salamence destroy next, is you Yannick!", exclaimed Riley.

" For the love of..." Drew said. " Will you two stop this dick measuring contest of yours. Yannick you lost fair and square." Drew then turned his attention to Riley. " And you. You won one tournament... One and you were swept by lance. That puts you in the ninety nine percent tile of the people who win these tournaments. your not special. Your just an arrogant young pup. Have you even looked at the news recently." With that Drew took a deep breath and headed back to his hospital bed. " Hey Dennis sorry for snapping lets talk again sometime." and with that Drew and Tess left.

“Wow for a kid you sure talk big. Hey Yannick is he the kid with the daddy complex and aggression problems?“ Dennis asked. “Yeah that's him. Just ignore him. He is all talk but has nothing to back it up.“ Yannick replied. “You know a research showed that weak people tend to have a Salamence as their teams ace to make everyone think they are strong. Besides I will participate in this tournament thats why I'm here.“ Dennis said. “Ok Drew see ya!“ He replied to Drew.

"Well as a matter a fact, I did beat Lance. But then he told me he was using his weaker team and said I should get stronger to challenge his real team to see if I deserve the title of Champion. The nerve of him to say that.", Riley exclaimed clenching his fists in anger. "I thought I could beat his real team, but he swept my whole team.", stated Riley.

"And who says Salamence is my ace. Yannick, I never had a problem with you back in Johto, but now you're acting like a salty little kid just because you lost the tournament. You don't see me complaining that I got destroyed by Lance. And what in the hell do you mean by daddy complex?", Riley asked enraged.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Both Patrick and Looker were in the hospital. They saw Drew. "How did we get here?" Patrick asked. He saw the news report of the earthquake and gasped. The skyscraper which they had once been in was now in rumbles. A crater took its place. The fires flew over towards the stadium.

Drew was discharged from the hospital. He looked as his torso. There was a scar that went from his abdomen to the opposite shoulder blade. He proceeded to put his shirt on.
As he was leaving he saw a small note on the stand next to the bed. It had a Username on it. Drew went back to his hotel room and typed in the username into his laptop. The screen showed an all to familiar person.
" I was wondering when you would get the note." Cortez said.
" How do you have internet?" Drew asked a little bit surprised.
" I know a guy." Cortez said. " We need to talk."

There were a group of apartments on the island. The remaining Masquaraders gathered in one of the rooms. "What is the plan?" Valentino asked. His master passed the room.
"We need to grab those ninjas. Then I'll report to the superiors..."

Drew looked at Cortez through his screen monitor.
" Have you noticed all the earthquakes recentlty." Cortez asked
" Yes." Drew said. " How are they connected?" Drew asked
" They're not natural." Cortez said. " They're being created by a device known as an equalizer."
" Equalizer?" Drew asked. " And where do I find this equalizer."
" On the sea floor." Cortez answered. " Most likely your find their base somewhere around there."
" On the sea Floor." Drew repeated. " How do you know this?"
" The Red Scarf Foundation built the equalizer before we where disbanded. " It was originally made as a way to generate energy. Whoever got their hands on it is using it in a more devastating way. If you don't stop this Hoenn will be destroyed. It's a little cliché I know but still that is most likely their end game."
" Okay." Drew said. " Say I believe you what am I expose to do about it?"
" Find the base." Cortez said. " Destroy the equalizer's operation station and defeat whoever is behind this." Cortez said.
" Vauge." Drew said. " So where is this base of theirs?" Drew asked.
" I don't know." Cortez said. " Do you really think I know everything." And with that the video call ended.
Drew grabbed his phone and looked threw his contacts. He stopped and decided to put his phone down. If either Yannick or Riley end up helping all their going to do is bitch about each other. Let alone the fact that Riley will want to blow up the fucking base killing who knows how many people. And Drew doesn't want any deaths on his conscious. Looker is probably busy looking for the remaining Masqueraders and Patrick and Ella will most likely be helping him. Which leaves Drew alone in this endeavor.
Drew released a deep breath. " So be it." He said as he walked out of his Hotel room.
He walked to the shore of the man made island and looked out to sea. He put on the diving equipment he purchased. He took a few slow breath as he went into the water.

"The Hoenn League Tournament as been postboned by a least a week due to the disturbances involving groups of criminals."
This is what Patrick heard, as he entered the stadium. Ella was outside and when they saw each other they smiled.
"Where have you been?" She asked
"I've been with your father...we discovered the location of the Masquaraders group which set the orders for those ninjas to capture us. We found out Gideon was one of them which is how he got his mask, but more crucially, the skyscraper we searched in collapsed."
"I can see that..."
Then a man in a white masked passed them, but they didn't notice.
"We trainers must find the location of the rest of the Masquaraders. They escaped the building but I think they had slaves in their cages. They took them with them."
"Then I must help you."
Patrick suddenly realised that the man passing him was a Masquarader. "That man...he was one of them...Follow me..."
The Masquarader walked to an apartment. He opened his briefcase and three poke balls were placed onto the table before him. Patrick was watching from a window. As the Masquarader pulled the blinds, Patrick could just make out Valentino and his master. There was another masked man who was more buff than the others. "This'll be easy Ella, just you watch me storm their apartment alone now..." Patrick said, in a cocky mood.
He crept on his own and tipptoed up to the door.
"Do you need help?" Ella asked. "We have a whole police force remember."
"Nah, I can do this, all by myself."
"Don't get too cocky..."
Patrick sent out Emerald, Gone and Powerhouse. From the window, a Masquarader saw him and then the door swung open. Three Masquaraders appeared. They each sent out a Mightyena.
"Pesky intruder!" One cried
"Alert the authority." Another said.
"Stupid boy..." The third stated.
"Leaf blade, thunderbolt and Dragon rush!" Emerald stabbed a Mightyena, Powerhouse shot electricity at another, and Gone literally drove itself into the building.
The grunts commanded the Mightyenas to use crunch and bite. They all bit into Emerald, making him faint. Then, they did this same tactic to Powerhouse. With Emerald and Powerhouse now fainted, it was up to Gone.
"Rock tomb!" The rocks flew down and squashed the Mightyenas. Then, the ground shook, as Patrick witnessed the three Masquaraders fall down but then the apartement seemed to push itself from the ground. Patrick witnessed the building. It now had mechanical legs. It strangely walked away.
"What contraption is this..." Patrick said, frightened. Ella walked up.
"It looks like they've built a building on legs-a machine...this must have taken years of planning..."
Giant arms appeared from the building's sides. One of them grabbed Patrick. "Help!" He screamed.
"Hold on! Go Grace!" An Altaria appeared. She hopped on her. She directed the Altaria towards the arms where Patrick was being crushed in one of the hands. "Dragon pulse!" A saphire blue beam shot from Grace. This hit the arm but did not do much damage.
Then the building revealed a hole on the bottom of the building. The arm in which Patrick was trapped moved towards it. A gust of wind pulled Patrick into the building and the hatch closed. Then one of the arms of the building machine came down and Grace tried to avoid it. The arm flicked Grace and Ella into the sky. It then proceeded to run off around the area of residential buildings.

Ella awoke. She was surrounded by flames-they were ruined buildings beside her. Grace lay fainted on the grass nearby, her poke ball only just sliding into Ella's hands. Ella got up and remembered what had happened. There were destroyed building foundations."Patrick." she uttered.

(Collin)
Collin walked in flamed ruins of a residential area. " What happened here?" he wondered as he continued to walk. he felt something soft underneath his foot. he looked down and saw a wounded Altaria. " Hey."He said trying to pick up the Altaria. He looked over to his left to see the girl he was hitting on. She was on the ground wounded. He quickly walked to the girl and lifted her up. " It'll be alright." He said. Collin noticed the Pokeball in the girl's hands. He took it and put the Altaria back into it. " Let's get you to a doctor." Collin said. He moved slowly as he made his way to the hospital. " Nurse!" He said " I need a doctor."
" Right this way sir." The nurse said.

Last edited:

"Thanks but..." Then Ella looked at Collin and was reminded of previous events. "Get off of me!" She shouted.

Meanwhile, Patrick awoke in a darkened room. It lit up and it was plain white with lines going down. The room around him morphed into a hall. A table popped up from the ground. "What is going on?!" He asked
"Do you like this room? It is one of the only rooms we have which was built to change into any room you can think of. " It was Valentino.
"Did you building this robotic building contraption?"
"No...but we Masquaraders did as a whole. Really, it was the work of our beloved scientists....they really are quite good..."
Patrick got up but then he couldn't move. He looked down and saw that he was actually chained to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
( Collin)
" Doc." Collin said. " Can you take her it's obvious she doesn't need my help." Collin handed her to a doctor. " Now if yall don't mind I saw a strange man in a scuba suite dive into the water. I want to check that out." Collin started to walk. " Also lady. This is the second time I saved you remember that." And with that Collin left the Hospital.
( Drew)
He didn't know how far down he went. His oxygen tank was starting to run low. Maybe Cortez was wrong about all of this. He decided to go a little bit further before calling it quiets. As he went deeper he saw what looked like building. he took out the water proof camera and took a picture of it. He swam closer to it unaware of a pack of sharpedos that were stalking him. As he got closer he noticed a machine attached to the building. it stood at six feet two inches. It had a big steel like rod in the middle of it. Drew took another picture of it. He started to go back up when he relised that the Sharpedos were fallowing him. He swam as fast as he could trying not to get bitten. They were closing in on him. Quickly Drew threw a pokeball as his Wailren appeared. Drew jumped onto it's back as it started going to the surface. Drew held on for dear life as Wailren emerged from the water and went onto Dry land.
Drew took off the scuba gear and laid down on the sand breathing heavily. " Not... going.... To... Do .... That ... Again..." He said. He looked at his Camera and tried to memorize the pictures that he took.

Patrick pulled as tight as he could but it was no use. Valentino was laughing away.
"You just don't know when you're beaten do you?!" The sarcastic question came from another Masquarader to the end of the room. It was Valentino's master, with him was the muscular Masquarader from before.
"Tell me you're real name..." Patrick snapped.
"As you wish..." Then Valentino's master walked up to Patrick and put his hand on his forehead. Energy flowed into his mind as Patrick heard the name through the energy and Patrick screamed.
"I am Darius Wildcard...I shall be the end of you." Patrick heard this through his head and then the next thing he knew, a Flygon was brutally beating him up.
There was then a rumble. Outside, Looker and the police had attacked the building. They were using as many pokemon as possible. The army had been called in from mainland Hoenn too.

Marric stood and watched as the army was attacking the Masquraders. " Maybe if those idots didn't out themselves non of this would have happened.' Marric said. " Admin." He said.
" Yes sir." the female Admin said.
" Start up the Equalizer again.." This time were going to hit Mossdeep city." He said. He walked away from the control station. He went five floors down as he entered the detention cell. he opened the door on his left revealing Steven stone and Wallace.
" You won't get away with this." Steven said.
" I already have." Marric said. " Everyone thinks you both are dead. The earthquakes are all natural so no expects us of anything. And your pathetic excuse for a military is currently fighting against a small cell of a death cult."

After a while, Darius ordered his Flygon to stop torturing Patrick. Darius picked up a mobile phone. "Time to check how the Equalizer is doing." The number he was calling went straight to where Marric was.

" Hello Darius." Marric said. He was disgusted that he had to help the masqueraders. but it'll all be over soon. " I need every member of your group to return to the alpha site immediately." he said before hanging up.
" Juke, is it ready." Marric said via his head set.
" Yes." The man said.
Soon these Masqueraders will be gone and out of Marric's hair. And Team Gaea will rise.

"Well I hated you right from the start! You got as far as I did in Kanto but I didn't get all cocky and I wasn't all over Drews face that he lost to me! So get the fuck out of my face before I'll let loose!" Yannick shouted. "Calm down! This is not the right place for this! Let's get outta here! We have other stuff to worry about I got mail from my brother something is wrong with this island! It moves faster than other landmasses." Dennis interupted.

"Wow, thanks for letting me know how you feel Yannick.", Riley said to Yannick trying to stay calm. Then he turned to Dennis. "Sorry about all of this. But what you're saying sounds serious. What's the problem about this island moving faster than others?", Riley asked, a bit concerned.

A Dusclops stood in front of Patrick and it was now firing shadow balls at him. "When will you stop!?"
The living building headed towards the water and went straight into the sea.
"Where are you taking us?"
"Home." Darius said.

Yannick left so only Dennis was with Riley. "The problem is the direction this island is heading. First of all we move into the hurricane what will make it hit the island in the morning not in the evening. The second problem is that it moves into a big tectonic plate that will make the island shatter into a million pieces. Another problem is that we can't flee because we will get caught by the storm. This is quite a pinch." Dennis said while looking through his brothers report.

"Well we have to something.", Riley said before an idea came to him. "Wait, this is a mechanical island right? This might be a stretch, but with all of the criminal activity going on lately... what if a group is the one behind all of this. There plan might be to destroy the island or something. That would also make sense of all the earthquakes we have been having here recently.", Riley said rubbing his head. "I know it might be a crazy idea, but if it's true, then all we have to do is stop the evil team!", exclaimed Riley.

" Easier said than done." Drew said as he walked into the room. He was out of breath from his early morning dive. He looked around. " Where's Yannick?"

" You don't know the half of it." Drew looked around the room. It was a hospital so who knows what might be snooping around. " Go to this Hotel room." Drew said handing Riley a hotel key. " You too Dennis We'll going to need all the help we can get."

Riley grabbed the hotel key from Drew. "Something really bad must be going down if you're doing this. Anyways, are you coming with us, or do you need to something else?", Riley asked looking around as well. It felt as if someone was watching them, but he thought is was just him.

" I need to inform Patrick, Ella, and Looker about what's happening. " Drew said still breathing heavily. He grabbed Riley by the shoulder and pulled him in close. " If you see anyone fallowing you run like hell." He whispered to Riley.

"Okay then, I'm heading off.", Riley said as he started to walk away. Once he exited the hospital, he noticed the weather had drastically changed. The sky getting darker and was and was covered by dark gray clouds. It was starting to drizzle as Riley ran through the streets of the city.

Soon he arrived at the hotel. When he went inside, it was full of people trying to book rooms to stay during the hurricane. When he stopped to wait for an elevator, he turned around and saw a man wearing a mask across the room pretending to read a newspaper. When he moved up to look closer, a group of people passed by blocking his view. When they passed, Riley looked again to see that the man was gone. "Well that was weird.", Riley thought as he got into the elevator.

Inside the elevator, was him and four other people. A woman with a small boy playing on a handheld device, an elderly man, and a man who looked like in his twenties with glasses staring at him. "What are you looking at?", Riley asked annoyed. "Ah, it's nothing. You are the winner of the Johto League, are you not?", the man asked. "Well yes I am.", Riley said with a smirk. "For realsies!", exclaimed the little boy who had turned his attention to Riley. "Yep.", stated Riley. The mother smiled as she watched her son.

"Wow, this is a long elevator ride.", Riley said out loud right before they heard a loud thunder. All of a sudden the elevator stopped and the lights went off. "What the...", said the man with the glasses. "Mommy, I'm scared!", the boy said grabbing his mom. "It's alright, we're just.." She wasn't able to finish because the elevator just dropped. All Riley heard was screams as the elevator went down and crashed.

A few moments later Riley awoke. He was on the ground. When he opened his eyes, across from was the women staring at him with her eyes wide open. She was dead. "What the..", Riley yelled in fear as he sat up. He looked in front of him to see the man with the glasses down on the floor with blood on his head. "D-dead.", stuttered Riley as he tried backing away. As he backed away, something nudged his body. He turned to his right to see the boy sitting next to him facing the other way. "Hey, are you alright?", Riley asked, shaking the boy's shoulder to get his attention. The boy's head just fell sideways. This made Riley jump up in terror. "Holy shit! Holy shit!", Riley exclaimed as the body fell to the ground. He was breathing heavily now. Then he remembered something as he fell to the ground. "The man, the old man.", Riley thought as looked at the bodies. He was no where to be found. Then he remembered one more thing. "The man... with the mask.", he finally said as he closed his eyes.

When he opened them, there was the masked man standing above him speaking to someone. "I have the boy.", he said as he looked down at Riley. "And yes sir, I have the key. What would you have me do with the kid?", he asked the man on the line.

(???)
" Kill him." The man said. " Make it look like he died with the rest of them."
" Yes sir." The man said.
( Clair)
"It's nothing personal kid." The man said. Clair moved closer looking at what the man was talking about. She was right behind him She looked and saw three dead bodies inside the elevator and the dumb ass from yesterday. Clair moved her hand over her mouth as she looked at it. " Heart." She said under her breath as she released her Milotic. " Use dragon tail on that bastard." Within seconds the masked man was knocked into the elevator.
" Hey Dumb ass." She yelled at the sole survivor of the accident. " Give me your hand." She said stretching out her arm.
( Drew)
Hearing from a doctor that Ella was in the hospital Drew walked into her room. According to what the doctor said. A young Red haired boy brought her in early today. If she was this beat up who knows what might of happened to Patrick or Looker for that matter. He thought as he looked around the room. Looker didn't seem to be there.
Drew didn't have time to just wait in a hospital. but at the same time how many times has he been left alone in a hospital with no one ever coming to visit or stay with him while he was recovering.
He took a deep breath as he put his hand on Ella's hand. " I'll be here when you wake up. " He whispered in her ear.

Riley looked up dazed at Clair and grabbed her hand. "Thanks, I could've sworn I was a goner.", he said as he took the key from the guy. "You bastard.", Riley said. Then the man pulled off his mask. "Haha! You think you will escape!", he said with a smirk as he pulled something out from his pocket. It had a red button on it. The man smirked as he clicked it. "You have 10 seconds until we see each other in hell!", he exclaimed as he opened his jacket to reveal that he was rigged to explode. "Um Clair, how fast can you get us out of here?!", asked Riley as he was trying to stand up.

Last edited:
( Clair)
Clair quickly moved her right arm underneath Riley taking him off the ground. She started to run. She ran as fast as she could as she heard a loud nose behind her. She just barley made it outside. " Fast enough." She said. " Now let's get you to the hospital She said as she continued to carry him almost cradling him.
(???)
'That Fool' ??? said. The man was outraged. The Masqerades are expose to stay in the shadows. but in the past twenty four hours on this one little island they've caused plenty of Chaos.
The man tapped a the com in his ear. " Darius." The man said.

Once they got to the hospital, Riley tried getting off of Clair but instead fell on the floor. "Ow!", he exclaimed in pain. There was blood on his face, his head was paining him, and he could barely stand. He managed to use the wall to help limp his way to where Drew was.

"Drew, it was a trap.", Riley said as he opened the door to Ella's room while trying to keep his balance with it. "They blew it all to hell.", exclaimed Riley.