• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Excuse me? Did you want something?" A doctor said to Riley. Then he walked over a put a mask on.
"Help!" Ella screamed. By the time she could react,the doctor, who was now revealed to be a member of the Masquaraders, sent out a pokemon. It was a Claydol.
"Get him. Claydol!" The doctor ordered

Darius picked up his mobile phone to ???. "Hello there? We've captured Patrick that barrad trainer we scouted. We're going to use him to draw out the other trainers to save him. This will mean you can use the Equalizer to full effect."

( Clair)
" Hydro pump" Clair said from behind the doctor as her Milotic fired a torrent of water at the doctor and the claydol. He should of checked his surroundings well come on." She said.
( Drew)
" Who the fuck are you." Drew wondered. " Anyways Ella we need to leave. I'm sorry to do this but I need to pick you up if that's alright with you. If not I'll try to find a wheel chair for you."
(???)
" Good." The man said. " Now listen to me. Your mission is to eradicate team Gaea. Its pretty obvious that they plan on betraying us. when they are taken care off I want you to secure the equalizer and wait for my command." He said.

The doctor lay on the floor with his fainted Claydol. The walking building passed over the hospital and a cyclone appeared, the winds were tremendous, but only for about three seconds, before the doctor and the Claydol were wisked away into the hatch on the bottom of the building.

"Yes master..." Darius said, as he heard the final commands. He saw the doctor appear.
"Doctor's orders eh?!" Valentino asked.
"Yes. We must destroy Team Gaea."

"They're everywhere.", Riley exclaimed as he watched the masquerader go down. Then he noticed the heavy winds and grabbed onto the door with all his strength and watched the doctor being swept away. After three seconds when it finally stopped, Riley looked out the window to see what happened. "Guys, there's a walking building outside.. and it's destroying everything.", Riley said as it crushed a smaller building.

One of the chief scientist approached Darius. "Sir, according to our data base on the trainers participating in our tournament, that boy is the winner of the Johto tournament." He pointed towards Riley. The Masquaraders had identification of all trainers participating in the tournament.

"Maybe we could use him...on our side...capture him!" Darius cried
The scientist pressed a button on a control panel, and the hatch opened bellow the cube. Wind was forced in, and this created a powerful suction below the building.

Riley felt himself being dragged away by the wind. He was already weak from before and could barely hold on. "Guys, I can't...", before he could finish, something from the table flew towards Riley hitting him in the head causing him to lose his grip. He felt himself being pulled into the hatch, but was too weak to do anything about it.

Ella had been pulled into the hatch too. She was just about to get a note which would mean that she could leave the hospital, when she was sucked in. She saw Riley. "What happened?" She asked.

"The Masqueraders have captured Patrick and a bunch of slaves. We need to free them..." She remembered back to the ninja incident. "Once we have released Patrick and the others, we need to destroy this thing...maybe that Salamence you had could come in handy."
The door opened and several Masqueraders came out. A horde of Poochyenas appeared in front of them. "Go Beauty!" Ella cried. A Beautifly appeared. "Let's take them out."

Last edited by a moderator:
"So they have Patrick. Come out Salamence!", Riley exclaimed. The blue and red dragon came out roaring at the masqueraders and their Pokemon scaring them, making it's ability, intimidate, go to good use. "Salamence, use dragon pulse!", Riley commanded. The dragon nodded and shot a beam out at the masqueraders and their Pokemon.

Drew barley held on to the door as everything was being sucked up. After it was over and the building started walking again Drew stood up. " Why is it always some fucking end of the world catastrophe." He thought remembering back to Kanto and Johto. " Why can't there just be some simple tournament." He shook of that notion he headed back to the sea. 'maybe I should just leave Hoenn.' " Alright." He said out loud as he ran towards the sea. "That Machine building thing is probably part of the Masqueraders. They're most likely working with Team Gaea. So I have to go back there. So much for coming up with a tactical plane of entry."
He looked at the sea. he put back on his scuba gear as he dived into the water.

The Poochyenas instantly fainted due to Salamence's combined attack with Beauty's silver wind attacks and the Masquarader grunts screamed and ran away.
"Follow me!" Ella commanded, speed walking through the door. It was like a maze-a series of rooms were In front of them and they looked exactly the same. Valentino pushed opened one of the doors. "Hello guests...welcome to our home! I am Valentino. Please die comfortably!" A Walrein appeared from one of his poke balls. "Fill this place up with water!" Valentino then left. The Walrein did as he was told, blasting streams of water into the narrow room. It became more and more filled up.

Riley grabbed on to Salamence as it flew up to the ceiling. "Ella, grab on!", Riley exclaimed trying to reach for her. "Salamence, use fire blast on the ceiling and get us out of here!", Riley exclaimed. The dragon nodded and prepared to fire blast the ceiling.

after the long swim Drew found the base again. He was looking for a way into the base. His oxygen tanks was running on empty. ' I have to hurry up." Drew thought as he found a small opening. He went up to it and opened the hatch allowing him to enter into the base. " He took of his scuba gear and stealthfully walked threw the base.

Dennis went to look for Yannick. “What the hell is wrong with you?“ he asked after he found Yannick sitting at the edge of a cliff. “Get lost!“ Yannick shouted and as he turned around Dennis could see that Yannick's eyes turned black once again. “Holy crap. So still hasn't reached the point of complete control. This is bad!“ Dennis searched for his phone while running from Yannick. "Yeah it's me it happened again. How do I stop him without harming him? Yeah we are in big trouble! Wow that's a rude thing to say about him. I mean he is your son. Thanks for helping out." Dennis hung up. "Ok let's do this!" He turned around to face Yannick who followed him still out of control. Dennis grabbed a seal from his pocket. "Good thing I have one of those over from the old times." He dodged Yannick's attack on him and slapped the seal on Yannick's back what caused him to faint. "Well I guess he should be fine now. But I can't leave him here till he wakes up.... I HATE YOU YANNICK!" Dennis carried Yannick back to the hotel and looked for Drew and Riley after dropping off Yannick.

The ceiling was blown off. This led to another floor, however, a trap had been set. As the previous room below had been filling up with water, the ceiling of the above room they had crashed in started to push itself downwards. "The only way we're going to survive is if we stop that Walrein!" Ella cried. "Go Siren! Use ice beam!" The Millotic appeared and fired towards the Walrein. The Walrein froze and the water in the room settled, then died down. "Quick! Into another room, before Valentino sees what we've done!"

A Gaea grunt walked into a deserted hall. A man's hand grabbed the grunts mouth and pulled him into a dark corridor. The Gaea grunt remerged from the dark corridor. " Alright." Drew said. " Let's find this damn equalizer thing." He said as he started walking threw the halls of the underwater base. Drew took out his camera and his phone. He transferred his pictures to his phone. He procceded to take the pictures and sent them To Riley, Yannick, and Looker.
" This is their secret base." He texted them. " Send help if it's possible." He sent the message as he continued to walk.

Looker phoned Drew. "We sort of have our own problem here with the walking building...i'll come as soon as I can..." He said.

(Ella)
Ella jumped from Riley's Salamence onto the edge where a door had been. The ceiling had been burnt completely into ashes. "This way!" She cried.

" Understood sir." Drew said. He said a small curse as he continued walking. He stayed close to the walls as he moved ever so slightly to a door. " Hold it." a female admin said.
Drew stopped as he looked at her. "What seems to be the problem ma'am."
" Marric wants everyone to report to the control room." She said. " Come along."
" Yes Ma'am." Drew said.
Both of them walked towards the Control Room.
Drew went into line with the other grunts.
Drew looked at the man before him. He was sickly with something on his mouth. one of his arms was crippled and he walked with a cane.
" Today is our emergence day." Marric said. " In the next two hours Huricane Mathew will hit Stale port. Within hours it will cover all of the Hoenn Region. at that time we will use the equalizer at it's full power. Within seconds Everything in Hoenn will be destroyed. and we will rule and remake it in our image."
Everyone started shouting.

Luke was surrounded by different members

"so you want me?"

Luke smiled

"Charizard come out! eh gotta catch me..!"

Luke laughed as he wizzed out of the crack the others left

"Hey Guys miss me? Of course I wont miss out on the action"

he said as he flew with the others

When the group of grunts was dismissed Drew walked casually out of the control room. He rounded a the corner only to be stopped by the female admin.
" Hey grunt." She said. " What's your occupation here?" She asked
" Sanitation." Drew said immediately.
" Come with me." She said. Drew walked with her. " The Masqueraders are a very pesky group." She said. " For a group that's expose to operate in the shadows their machine is causing havoc on Preston." She turned the corner to a door way. And they walked in.
" Marric wants you to push this button." She said. " With it we will destroy their machine from the inside killing everyone onboard."
Drew looked at the button. he only had two options. Option one press the button and kill who knows how many people in the process, Most likely including Riley, and Ella. and god knows how many others from the aftermath of it. Option two don't push the button and run like hell. Option two it is.
Drew rammed into the female admin. He started to run only to feel a sharp pain in his back as he fell down. " Masquerader scum." She said holding what looked like a pistol in her hand. " He's one of them sir." She said to Marric via Com
( Marric)
" Figured we'd have one here." He said. He activated his Hologram in the control room of the building. " Hell Davuris. This is your end." He pushes a button
( Drew)
Drew woke up in a room with barley any light . His hands where above him tied to a steel pipe. He was stripped down to his underwear.
" You should of pushed the button." The female admin said. " Where your friends really worth it."
" Friends." Drew said. " Don't make me laugh. The only reason I didn't push that button was because of the innocent people that would of died because of the aftermath of a building falling down.
" What of Riley, Ella, and Patrick." She said. Drew looked and saw that she was holding a file in her hand. " The four of you participated in Johto together."
" And you think that made us friends." Drew said. " Please Riley is an arrogant pup who became even more cocky after he won the Johto league. And I mean to the nineth degree. Ella I truthfully don't know why I feel the need to protect her. Every time I try to start a conversation with her she either blows me off, or just says one sentence. Also back in Johto when I asked her what her plan was I wasn't talking about Hoenn I was talking about her actual life plan, not to mention the fact that she named a lot of different Hoenn Pokémon yet didn't know what a fucking Ralts was. Then there's Patrick who truthfully I know jack shit about."
" Yet you have faith they will come and rescue you." She said putting up a smile.
" No I don't have faith." Drew said. " hell even if they did figure out I was in a base under the sea I highly doubt any of them would care. besides you're planning on destroying hoenn in a few hours anyway. So just kill me!" He yelled. The Female admin left the room getting rid of the only light in the room.
Drew let out a little breath in the darkness. He finally let out all the frustration he had. He was really sick of his nice guy routine. "Show the public what they want to see and keep the real stuff locked away". That's what everyone always told him to do.
( The Chief)
Chief Chester Mcneal. Was an elderly gentleman. He spent most of his life making it up to the position of Chief of International Police. Most people knew him a Jolly old man who when needed will become stern.
" Looker." He said moving towards Looker. " What's the Progress on this thing." He said in a Stern voice as he looked at the Building Machine thing.

Last edited:
Riley landed Salamence next to Ella and returned it to its pokeball. "Thanks Salamence.", he said as it went inside. He recieved a message and looked at it. "What does Drew want now?!", he exclaimed as he looked at it. Then he saw the base. Then he texted back. "In case you haven't noticed, Ella and I were sucked up." Then he turned to Ella. "So what do we do now?", he asked.

The giant robotic building pounded through the sea. It's arms came out as it took sight of the base.

(Looker)
"We've sent a police helicopter to see what is going on. We plan to deploy as many police troops as possible onto the robot. The army said they would come an hour ago. " He looked out to the sea and saw the helicopter being flicked across into the ocean, filled with Sharpedos. "Erm...scrap that..." Looker said.
(Ella)
"We need to find Patrick...any idea where he could be held?" Ella asked Riley.

(Marric)
Marric looked at the screen. Did the bastard disarm all of the bombs? He couldn't think of that at the moment. He'll take care of them when they get here. Marric procceded to walk to the detention center. He opened the door to Drew's cell. " I must say for a man who has nothing you are very resilient.
" Go fuck yourself." Drew said.
" I can't do that." Marric said. He showed Drew his withered hand. " My good hand isn't what it use to be. Still though you're something else." he leaned against a wall and took out Drew's phone and took a picture of Drew sending it to everyone who received the photo message of where the base was located. " Let's see what your non friends have to say about that." He threw Drew's phone into a wall destroying it."
" Why are you doing this." Drew asked.
" World peace." The man said. " I was once part of a group that strived for that exact cause. But the Masqueraders under the name of Team Nova destroyed that group killing all but four of us."
" The Red Scarf Foundation." Drew Said. " You guys really have a funny way of creating world peace."
" Correct." Marric said. " They created the monster you see before you. After the massacre my lungs wouldn't work properly so I had this thing installed. my leg was permintly injured so I could never walk properly again. and my hand was broken." He moved closer to Drew. " After nearly everyone is killed due to either the Hurricane or the Equalizer which looks like an earth quake happened. The national army will kill the remaining team Gaea operatives including myself. Then everybody will come together to help rebuild Hoenn."
" I take it your team doesn't know your true intentions." Drew said.
" Of course not." Marric said as he left the room leaving Drew in darkness once again.

Yannick woke up in Dennis' hotel room. "Fuck. I thought I could control it! Huh? What's that?" He recieved a message on his phone. "FUCK! I need to get Dennis and save Drew." Yannick rushed out of the hotel and called Dennis. "We have a problem meet me in front of the hotel."

"I honestly have no clue. So I guess we should just continue looking, I think I can walk a bit better now.", Riley said as he tried lifting his leg. "But I don't know how far I can go.", he said as another message popped up. "What now?!", he exclaimed as he pulled out his phone. He opened the text up to see a beaten up Drew. "Holy shit! What the hell happened to him? Hey Ella look at this!", he exclaimed trying to show Ella the picture of Drew.

It'll probably be a while till I read what happened so far, so if I do anything that goes against the plot feel free to let me know))

The ship strolled towards a port in Hoenn, at the very front of the cruise was Kiri with a Pichu on his shoulde, Kiri had a smile of ambition on his face as the region laid closer and closer "Finally, we're here in Hoenn!" Kiri somewhat shouted, the Cruise was going to arrive just on time. Mostly the arrival of the cruise on the port led to a huge festival occasionally but Kiri wasn't here for that, he was here to continue his journey. The Pichu on his shoulder chirped "Pi-Pi-CHU!"

Joe and Alex watched as the Stadium went up in flames, as the Skyscraper collapse. They had heard about the oncoming Hurricane.
"We should leave" Alex said "No Tournament is worth this. We should evacuate as many people as possible and then leave"
"No!" Joe said "Something is happening, something big. Somebody needs to be there to stand it its way. This is too big to be a coincidence. I'm going to find the other competitors, continue with your plan and get out"
Joe ran off, somewhere into the city, leaving a very confused Alex behind

The second Kiri walked into the port he was surrounded by people who scurried to the various shelters set up, Kiri looked back to the cruise which already set off back to its first voyage

Kiri was stranded as the impending black clouds engulfed the town in Hoenn, he would expierence the worst of it considering he was at the shore, Kiri and Pichu struggled to navigate through the cloud. He was supposed to go to a spare Lab in Hoenn to meet with the Professor whom his mom set up a meeting with to get integrated in the tournament. Kiri's somewhat short height didn't help him at all, and his Pichu held onto his shoulder to avoid pushed pushed off

He finally got to the door of the lab, and opened it he took a deep breath and walked towards the lab once the door shut the noise outside came to mute, Kiri waited around for someone to show up. He saw a work-in-progress map which seemed to be getting updated constantly, somethig that sticked out to him was a man made island just off the coast

Kiri then had his thoughts inturupted by a man in a lab coat coming into the room, he waved at Kiri "You must be Ms. Kelain's son, I'm Professor Con an up and coming professor. Things have been going bad lately and I thought you'd be the only to show"

Kiri and Pichu looked at Con and had a storm of questions flood him "What about the Tournament?!?? And the participants?! And why is th-"

"Calm down, we got word of a storm...but that's not all that's going on, there's been rumors of a organization who might be behind it..." The professor said as he began checking cases which were supposed to house the Pokemon he hoped no one has stole

"What about the competitors, where are they? Are they here?!?!" Kiri said anxious to figure out what other people are doing

"They aren't here..none of them..ever since Hoenn fell into chaos I stopped keeping track this town is vulnerable" The professor said and then tossed Kiri a Pokedex which seemed to have a map in t and other types of features

"They are still there" Alex said as he barged into the lab "They are some of the most powerful trainers in the world, do you think a couple exploding buildings and a potential hurricane would scare them off?"
He looked in to the surprised professor's eyes. "My brother is one of them, he is trying to stop whatever happened. He thinks it is not natural, especially after the attacks. The other competitors are also somewhere on the island, probably trying to stop it too"

Meanwhile on the island, Joe was trying to hunt down the other competitors, he searched most of the island. He saw signs of many battles, but there were barely any people. The ones he could see were trying to hide from the coming storm

The Professor looked back at Alex "Ah you must be Alex then, my colleagues told me about your presence around here" The professor then looked at Kiri "Looks like your peers haven't given up"

Kiri then looked up at Alex "Hey I'm Kiri nice to meet you"

The professor then looked at the map previously and studied in "The Man made island off of Hoenn I'm guessing, right now this town could be taken over by anyone" The professor looked back at Kiri and then at Alex "Kiri if you wanna participate in the tournament I recommend you help this city out and save it, along with Alex if he's up with it, then head on to assist the other trainers"

Kiri already knew his answer he looked over at Alex, wondering what his answer is going to be

"Of course" Alex said "Why wouldn't I? Although I have to warn you, I'm not the best at battling" he looked at the map, right there. He pointed at the island. "There" he said "There have been attacks from some groups, as well as multiple earthquakes"

(OOC: Alex is not competing, his brother Joe is, so he's not the best battler)

A police officer bashed the door open. "All of you here better leave! There's some robotic building thing on the lose. It has arms and legs. It's lucky that this building didn't even get destroyed." Then the policeman got a phone call.
"Hi it's Looker. The army from Hoenn have arrived. We need everybody we can get on the ferry!"

Joe looked up with terrified awe at the mechanised monster, as it crushed buildings and leaving destruction in its wake. "Whoa" he said "That is big!" The size of the colossal machine almost distracted him from the massive fist crashing down at him. "Ahh!" he shouted as he dived out of the way, and then looked at the massive crater that the fist had left. "That was almost me" he thought "this thing must be stopped!"

The mechanised building was partially in the water. One of the legs moved and it began moving towards the underwater Gaia base again, after taking a brief detour.
(Ella)
Ella glanced over to the picture on Riley's phone. "God..." She said.
"Riley, see if you can ask him to find out where the power core on this thing is. After we've rescued Patrick and the others, we may as well destroy this thing since we're inside of it." She began to walk down a very narrow hallway. Then, a Flygon jumped down from the ceiling. It pinned Ella to the floor. At the end of the hallway was Darius. "Hahaha." He laughed. He turned and ran away.

"Wait up Ella, I don't think Drew would take a picture of himself chained down and being injured. He's probably being held captive..." Riley wasn't able to finish the line as he saw Ella being pinned down by a Flygon. He saw Darius laugh and then run away right after. "That son of a..."

"Swampert, come out and use waterfall on that Flygon!", commanded Riley as he tossed his pokeball. The blue and orange water type came out charging at the Flygon with water surrounding it.

Last edited:
( Chief)
" Officer." The chief said to one of his underlings.
"Yes Sir." The man said.
" Send this message to the army and to any trainer left on this island." The Chief said.
" What Message." The officer said.
" Too those who whish to fight against this threat meet me at the harbor in one hour." The chief said. " this will be completely voluntary. I don't want to sacrifice anyone who doesn't wish to die for their homeland, or for those who are willing to protect another Region."

Yannick and Dennis met infront of the hotel. "Listen. We have other problems. Drew will be fine. Besides this is a bait. If we fall for it the island is lost." Dennis said. Before Yannick could answer they were interrupted by a police officer. "We are looking for people that want to fight the threat. We would appreciate your help. If you want to help go to the harbor in one hour." The officer left. "So what will we do? Fall for the bait or save the island?" Dennis asked. "I know that none of my arguments will change your mind. Let's go save some innocent people!" Yannick replied. They made their way to the harbor and waited for other trainers to arrive.

The Flygon was pushed out of the way onto another pannel on the floor. This pannel opened up and the Flygon fell down into the sea.
"Thanks Riley!" She cried. She started to see Riley in a different light, as if the death of Jonas had never happened. Then, she ran into the next room, where a group of slaves were being kept, their arms and legs attached to the wall by a chain. "Over here!" She shouted to Riley.

( Marric)
"Sir." One of the Gaea grunts said. Marric walked up to the grunt.
" Yes." He asked
" The Hurricane has hit stale port." The grunt said.
" Good." Marric said. " Start the countdown." A clock started to go down from one hour. " Once the hurricane hits the middle of Hoenn We'll have are victory." He looked at the building as it made their way to the base. " One good thing about that whole fiasco is that they allowed us to keep our intentions quiet. Hell the only one that actually caught on was our guest in the detention cell."
( Cortez)
Cortez felt the wind for the first time in five months. he looked at the man made island as the helicopter was on set down. He got out of the helicopter and was escorted to the harbor. He looked at the police al around him. " You all must be really desperate if you need my help."