• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

Yannick turned towards the entrance. "And who might you be?" He asked as a young boy shouted through the lobby. Then he turned back to Riley. "You heard me! You don't have the guts to kill me! Come and try if you like!"

"Are you talking to me?" Joe asked as he looked around. He recognised the two as two of the other competitors in the tournament. "What happened here?" he looked again at the ruins "And how are we supposed to battle now?"

"I'm sorry Yannick, but Scizor, use bullet punch on Yannick. Don't hesitate, this is what he wants.", exclaimed Riley. Scizor nodded as it understood Riley perfectly. It went towards Yannick at full speed and punched Yannick directly in the stomach.

Marduk walked in front of him, and watched with an eye for detail, the hyena Pokémon appeared out of its Pokéball, arching its back to make itself appear larger. The eye-hle in Marduk's half-mask shined red with details of the surrounding.

Yannick's hand started to glow black and he catched the Bullet Punch directly infront of his stomach. "That all you got? Then let me show you!" He raised his other hand and attacked Scizor as a black shadow followed his hand and knocked Scizor back.

Scizor looked up surprised. "Scizor scizor.", it said as if trying to communicate with it. "What are you doing?", Scizor asked. "What's going on Scizor?", asked Riley, a bit confused.

"I didn't tell you what happened? Ah right only Luke saw my past. See I got attacked by an Aegislash about 6 years ago. That attack left me with a scar on my back and sudden personality changes that brought up a huge boost to my physical power. And thanks to my old man I can now control this power without changing my personality. I just use Shadow Punch to counter your Bullet Punch and Shadow Claw to get your Scizor to back down." Yannick explained. "However I will only use this power to my own defense and only against Pokemon. So you can lower your guard for now punk."

Riley clenched his fists. "You know that only makes me want to kill you more.", said Riley as he called Scizor back. Then he smirked. "You know you really are an annoyance right.", stated Riley as he calmed down.

Marduk finally speaks up, "Save it for the tournament. You're only giving me the upper hand by letting me examine how you react to different situations, and you're giving me an idea of what to expect in the upcoming fights..."

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Wait Riley...you caused the basement to collapse?!" Patrick shouted. He grabbed Riley. "He's one of them!" Patrick roared. Ella touched Patrick on the shoulder and he calmed down.
Looker had gathered a few of the trainers for questioning in one of the side rooms, which had now be converted into an interregation room with a tape recorder. The ninja boy who had been captured by Riley was questioned first. "So what do you know about the white masks?"
"What?!" The boy cried
"You know..."
The interregation with this particular boy lasted hours but finally, Looker was able to get somewhere.
"Okay!!!" The boy cried "The boss is in contact with them but they're not called the white masks...Look, I've seen details in the boss's journal...the Masquaraders they're called. That's all I know..."
Suddenly, Aston appeared. "Boss?! You're alive!?" The boy cried
"God that Salamence..." Aston had a scar on his face. "Only just got out there alive."
"And you're the boss of this 'ninja squad'?"
"Yeah I am...I confess..."
"What do you know about the Masquaraders?"
"What?!"
"Come on...you know..." Then Looker shouted the loudest anyone had in the tournament so far. "You will tell me now!!!!" He grabbed Aston on his ninja suit then Aston started to talk.
"Please sir...me and my group...we never meant to hurt anyone...but we were told to lure certain trainers into our hideout which was the basement...we didn't mean to kill that guy....that was that kid with the Salamence's fault."
"And..."
"The Masquaraders....they told us...."
"Good thing you told me that...you woulda been in prison by now if ya hadn't. "
Aston began to tell Looker about the Masquaraders, a mysterious group which only recently caught the police's attention.

"Don't you guys get it, it's not my fault. If you listened to me and stayed with me like I said, he wouldn't have died!", exclaimed Riley who was starting to get a bit annoyed.

"You haven't seen even one of my Pokemon so I don't think that you can analyse anything from that just now." Yannick turned to the guy that just spoke. "Wow you look weird! Well someone that wears a mask knows that they look strange. However stay out of this." Then he turned to the guy that stepped in between him and Riley. "So you still haven't answered my question. Who are you?"

"Wait..." Joe said "You guys were the ones who blew up the Stadium?" he looked at Marduk "You are not surprised by the demon boy? Or the fact that someone died?"

"Stop ignoring my question man. And besides the kid with the short temper over there blew things up around here. I have nothing to do with it. Besides don't call me demon boy I'm 22 years old and I'm not a demon." Yannick replied.

Drew sighed and walked away he had enough of this bickering for one day. As he left he heard on the news of a hurricane set to hit Hoenn any day now. He knocked on the door for the room Looker was using. " Mr. Looker mind if I sit in on this interrogation. I need to do something productive.

"People die every day, do they not? I don't see the point in the drama." Marduk asked, "And we live in a world where we see ghosts in a daily basis, so it should be expected."

"That kid" Joe motioned towards Yannik, then turned to him "sorry about that comment, it just seemed like it suited you... man I'm insensitive" he walked into the building "i'll be going now"

"Oh, I thought you were talking about me. But it's alright. I give you the right to call him demon boy. If he threatens you or anything, just come to me and I'll deal with... demon boy.", Riley said to Joe.

At that point Marduk and MIghtyena were already gone, they probably slipped away while the two were bickering at each other, since Marduk had gotten the information he required.

"My client is named Valentino. He was the one who was giving us orders to take hostage Patrick, Ella and many other trainers. However, I do not believe he was the one who leads them. I went to research them one day, since he was the only one who made an offer. I couldn't find much...but I do know they own a company that bases in that large skyscraper outside the stadium." Aston explained.

" Valentino." Drew repeated the name. " Shit. I'll be back." He walked out of the interrogation room and headed towards the skyscraper.
Once he got there he looked around and saw nobody around him. He proceeded to walk in.

Last edited:

There was a table and a receptionist sat there. She noticed Drew walking in. "Good day young man, you seem lost. May I help you?"
Behind Drew, Looker and Patrick stood. Both of them had also decieded to investigate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not knowing that Looker and Patrick were behind him he walked up to the front counter. " Yeah is mister Valentino here today. I'm an old friend of his from Johto. the name is.... Gideon."
Else where
" Sir." The female Admin said.
Marric looked at her. " Yes." He asked.
" The equalizer is powered up. where should we test it this time?" The female admin said.
" Rustboro." Marrick said. " As power full as we can make it."

"Gideon what?! This isn't looking good." Then she had a phone call and a change of heart. "All of you must leave!" She shouted. She threw a poke ball and a Dustox came out.
Then a man in a mask came down from a lift with a briefcase and he threw a poke ball from it and a Mightyena was seen.
"What did you just say to her?" Looker asked.

" Should of gone with a different name." Drew said. " Go fire bird." Drew said. Fire bird the Blazekin came out of his Pokeball. " Blaze kick." Drew said. Fire Bird's foot turned into fire as it hits the Dustox. " Return" Drew said as he made his way to an elevator. " Come on you both." He said to Looker and Patrick.

The Dustox attacked Fire Bird with poison powder, but the attack missed. Dustox was pushed into the wall. The receptionist ran out of the building. The masquarader chanted orders. "Bite, then crunch!" The Mightyena came for them.
Patrick's Sceptile Emerald appeared. "Use leaf blade!" Sceptile created a giant green blade from it's arms. It wrestled with the dark dog pokemon until it dug into the beast, instantly fainting it. The masquarader gasped.
"You're under arrest!" Looker shouted. He handcuffed him. "What do you know about the Masquaraders?"
"Please sir, release me! Upstairs, they are gathering. That is all I know, honest, I only joined, just now..." He replied. Then Looker ordered the police to seize the ground floor whilst he, Patrick and Drew take the next floors. "Quick, get in the lift, before they send more!"

On the second floor
" So Mr. Looker." Drew said as he exited the elevator. "What's the plan since my idea of getting in here without raising any suspicions blew up in our faces. Sorry about that by the way."

The room comprised of a long corridor with a large hall at the end. "When you said you were Gideon that reminded me of something i discovered. Both Gideon and this group wear the same kind of mask which..." He opened his bag to reveal a large mask. "Brings me to this." All the time he was whispering. He showed them both a mask which says 'this mask belongs to Gideon, on behalf of the masquaraders.'
"Wait what?!" Patrick was confused.
"Gideon was part of the Masquaraders! That is why I came to Hoenn!"

" Still though." Drew wondered. " Gideon was apparently apart of team rocket since before it's reconstruction, as well as was it's leader during their last days." Drew said rembering the news report that do to a apparent computer leak showing all of team rockets members, and locations were given to the police leading to their destruction once and for all. " If a member of this organization was able to infiltrate that kind of organization. It would mean that these Masquaraders are most likely in every form of government, as well as every organization known to us." Drew continued checking the area around him for any grunts who might appear.

Riley got up in his hotel and had finished getting for today. "I wonder what's in store for me today.", Riley said as he walked out the hotel.

He went to the restaurant Luke took them the other day. He sat down and gave the waiter his order. "The price is 540.", the waiter told Riley. "540! I don't think I have that money on me.", exclaimed Riley as he checked his wallet. "Oh wait, you're Luke's friend from before. Don't worry, the bill's on us.", said the waiter as he took Riley's order to go turn it in.

"Thank Luke.", stated Riley as he looked out the window and noticed a skyscraper near the stadium. "Looks neat. I should go check that out one day.", Riley said to himself as he looked at it.

Looker put his walkie talkie to his ear as he took in what Drew was saying. He heard the police on the other end."The police are on the ground floor. I've told them to come up and help us as soon as possible. They've just found that the Masquaraders owned a company based here for several years. One of their clients told my guys that they have been exploiting the Hoenn Tournaments, posting false information for years. Maybe their tactic was to send as many of these masked people into the tournament to win...I hear that some of the sponsors are now handing out cash prizes to the winners..." As he concluded this, a Masquarader who patrolled the corridor saw them, alerted two women who also had masks. The man and the two women sent out three Roselias towards Looker, Patrick and Drew.
"Halt right there!" Cried one of the Masquaraders
"Toxic spikes!" Poisonous spikes appeared near the heroes' feet, trapping them.
"Emerald, deal with them!" Patrick ordered. "Use Leaf blade, then focus blast!" Emerald sliced at two of the Roselias, then blasted a large ball of energy the third one the man had. "Take 'em out Drew!"
"Magical Leaf!" Commanded the Masquaraders. Leaves came firing at them. Most of them hit Emerald, but he managed to dodge some of the attacks.

Drew started thinking. ' I can't switch out because of the posion spikes. then again.' " Tess." Drew said out loud. " Use psychic on that Roselia." Drew said. Tess's eyes turned blue as the Roselia fell to the ground defeated. " Let's continue." Drew said.
They started walking down the hallway. " Hey Pat." Drew said. " I was wondering how you and Ella are holding up."

Last edited:

As the Roselias fell to the ground, the three Masquaraders ran down the corridor past them. "Don't mind them, anyone going down the corridor will be captured by my police friends!" Looker reassured them. Then he heard Drew and stopped. "Oh yes...I've been hearing of this."

"Drew, now is not the time for this. We're with Looker, so things are really awkward, he's her dad..." Patrick whispered to Drew.

Down the corridor, was a hallway. There was a red lift and a Masquarade came down from the lift. It was Valentino.

Drew looked at Patrick. " What do you think I'm talking about." he wondered if Patrick knew he meant about how the two of them were doing after watching Jonas die in front of them. or if Patrick thought Drew was talking about their " Romance."
" Anyways I'm just trying to be a good.... Whatever the hell we are. we should keep moving." As they walked a masquerader walked infront of them Go Mightyana. he said.
" Tess use draining kiss on it." Tess walked up to the Mightyana. She moved her hand across it's face as she kissed it on the lips. After she finished kissing it. a blue aura went into Tess's mouth as the Mightyana fainted.

"I guess we're doing alright...the funeral is going to be planned for the end of this week or next week..." Patrick reported. He saw the Mightyena go down. "Good job."
They kept moving until they reached the hall, where the lift was. A group of Masquaraders were there. "Go Glailie!" One shouted as the giant ice head pokemon floated towards them.
"Go Shiftry!" Another man ordered.
"Go Chimeco!" A female commanded.

"Use ice beam!" The blast fired towards Emerald. He froze.
"That's bad use of a Glailie!" Patrick joked. "Come on out Ziggy." Ziggy the Linoone appeared. "Use Seed bomb!" He fired seeds towards the giant face it took the attack.
"Go Cradily and Casform!" Looker sent out the two pokemon. "You two protect that Sceptile!"

" Fire bird." Drew said throwing his pokeball. His blazekin appeared. " Use blaze kick on the Glailie. Ser Gawin" He threw another pokeball as his Aagron appeared. " Take any hit that sceptile might take." Ser Gawin shook his head as he walked in front of the sceptile.