• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join GYM Leader Academy (GLA)

"I have Monferno, obviously, and a Riolu," Hunter said. "And of course a Kirlia who I want to evolve into a Gallade, however, I can't seem to get my hands on a dawn stone." For two years, Hunter had been looking for a dawn stone, usually together with Bruno. "If you have one or happen to find one, I'd like to buy it." He stopped dragging his hand through his hair, not a particular reason, he just didn't feel like it anymore.
"Okay, so if we're going to share a room, I just want to make it clear that I will become pretty annoyed if you interrupt me while I'm meditating," Hunter added. Not trying to come off as rude, he added a slight smile afterwards. Would that make it better? "So if you don't interrupt me while I'm meditating, I don't really care what you do with the room as long as you don't touch my stuff. Do you have any requests to make, because I mean, if we're going to share a room then it wouldn't really be good if we got mad at eachother, would it?"

Tsuzuki nodded along at his roommates requests, he was a little unnerved by that smile though, was that just him trying to get his point across? It didn’t matter, so he didn’t dwell on it for long. “I don’t really have any rules. Just don’t come into my room without asking, and if there’s food in the fridge that I’ve claimed don’t eat it. We’ll have a real problem if you eat my food, you hear?” He explained, putting some emphasis on the last sentence. “Anyways, do you have any questions for the tour guide? Or are you ready to get moved in?” He asked, already heading for their new dorm.

"Okay, I won't eat your food then," Hunter said. "Nah, I don't have any questions, so I'm ready. How 'bout you, Soloman? Are you ready?" He looked at Soloman, wondering. The look in Hunter's eyes was first tense, then calm and relaxed.
"However, there's a chance that Monferno will eat your food, since sometimes that little monkey does whatever he wants. I'll try my best to keep him under control," he said. Monferno wasn't badly trained, no matter how you look at it, but he was usually just bored. When he had something to focus on he wouldn't lose focus of that thing, not even for a second. "If you don't have any questions, shall we get moving then?"

Last edited:

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
After saying goodbye to Vikal, Jade left to explore the Gym Leader Academy. She returned Ralts and decided that the first place she'd visit was the dorm she and Vikal would be sharing. Jade briefly stopped inside the room, then left. In the hallway, she asked, "Hatenna, where do you think we should go next?" though Hatenna didn't reply. Jade laughed. "I should have known. Well, I'll just have to make my own way around here!" She began to walk down the hallway, half hoping to run into someone, though it seemed deserted as far as she could see. Pfft, everyone's probably outside, Jade thought to herself as she walked.

Drake’s Noibat flew back to him. “So, did you find Gabite?” Noibat shook it’s head. “I see. He may still be underground searching for Pearl.” Just then Gabite popped right out of the ground and Drake fell to the ground. “There you are. Now, we should head to our dorm and get settled in.” Drake, Gabite, and Noibat all started walking towards his dorm. “I guess this is it. The place that I’ll be sharing with Pearl. Now, you two be good. I don’t want any trouble from any of you. You got that?” They nodded. “Great. Now, I’ll just leave a note saying where I am.” Drake was writing his note that said. Dear roommate, if you’re going to wonder where I am. I’ll be at the training grounds training with my team. If you want to meet me. Meet me at the training grounds. Your roommate, Drake Dragonstein. “There, that should be good. Now let’s get going over there.”

"Well those are really nice Pokemon, Ben." Azumi said as she looked at his Pokemon. "I'm an ice type user, Nana here is just my exception. I have a cute little Swinub and a proud Sneasel. But I rather keep them in their Pokeballs until we know the area better. I hope we can get along since we will be stuck with each other for an entire year." She smiled trying to sound comforting.

Adrianna and her Buneary explored every nook and cranny of the place. They saw buildings tall and short, fields for practicing battling, and most fascinatingly, pokemon all around. They saw Sudoowodos, imitating the local trees, Corviknights ready to spread their wings and soar almost anywhere, and pokemon that belonged to different people! Truly, it was a magnificent place, even if Adrianna didn't know what any place was, or what its purpose was.

After an hour of exploring the place and taking in the experience, Adrianna decided it'd be best to head back to the dorm. Tomorrow, everything would begin, so it would probably be smart to get some rest before that. "I'll race you there Buneary! The last one there has to fold the clothes!". Buneary looked up at Adrianna in fear, though it did enjoy tiding the mess that Adrianna brought with her, it hated trying to fold clothes with its small hands. So, Buneary began hopping as quickly as it could towards the building with the rooms. "Hey! I didn't even say go, get back here!" Adrianne cried out as she chased the tiny bunny pokemon before it could get a substantial lead.

The two were essentially neck and neck the whole way back, as they speed through people, pokemon, and sometimes even trees. And as they approached the building, they blasted through the door, making it recoil open and close violently, almost breaking it if they weren't careful.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
"So you like cleanliness and are social." Alex started. "Maybe you aren't going to be the worst roommate ever due to your idiocy." Alex sneered abandoning trying to be nice. Passive aggressiveness was going to be his go to language while living with Maker. "I'm gonna head to the dorm, I'd prefer if you didn't follow me and instead go jumped off a bridge." Alex has a short fuse and was already sick of Maker's sassy attitude. Fluffy stuck her tongue out at Eve as she and Alex confidently walked toward the freshman dorms.

Alex walked up the stairs and place his keycard into the scanner. He picked the first bedroom and shut the door. This was going to be a sucky year living with Maker. After unpacking Alex headed down to the shops. He bought ha few food ingredients and some stuff for his dorm room. He also bought a lock to put on his door in case Maker decided to pull a prank.

Pearl enjoyed the tour very much, taking in the sights and smells. The waterfall sounded amazing. She honestly needed to find a hidden spot. A place for he to go when she's stressed. She quickly wrote down her dorm number and stuck it in her bag before leaving school grounds, only to look for a secluded spot. After all, she needed it. As she walked through the mountainous terrain with water flowing nearby, she felt calmer, more at home. She glanced down at her Eevee, who was sniffing the ground for a hiding spot.

Dai Lin decided to skip the whole 'search for your roommate' stitch and go straight to her dorm. After all, what was the whole point in looking for someone she was trying to make drop out. In her mind, only a few could move on, and she would do anything necessary to move forward. She tried not to think of the obvious broken heart, as it made her feel guilty, and she needed a clear, calm mind. As she thought about this, she made it all the way to her dorm and entered after using her ID to grant her access. She took a glance at Renz before walking into one of the bedrooms and shutting the door behind her.
After she closed the door, she have a sigh and released Bob. "Want to help me study?" He gave a small nod as Dia Lin took out some books and started writing notes, Bob occasionally pointing things out to her.

“Already at the door!” Tsuzuki said as he pushed it open and walked inside to take a look at their new home for the year. It was pretty spacious for a dorm, and looked nothing like the old, rundown exterior he’d seen outside. “I call the left room!” He shouted, walking into it and plonking his bag down on the bed, claiming it for himself.

Maker's eyes flared up with rage as she watched Alex walk away. Unlike her sister, Maker couldn't keep her temper under control and someone challenging it just made it explode. Fortunately, Azumi grabbed her wrist before she ran after Alex.
"Calm down. Do you really want to stir trouble on our first day?" Azumi whispered to Maker.
Maker bit her lower lip and pulled away her hand from her sister's grasp. She glared into the direction Alex left while Azumi lectured her about manners and controlling her attitude, but Maker's head was busy processing her revenge. She then walked off looking for her new enemy.

Meanwhile at the local shops, a group of three male students, two from Raikou and one from Entei, approached Alex. "Yo! Aren't you a freshman? Brave of you to be separated from the pack..." The one with the red jacket said. "You should be careful, people like to pick on freshmen. But! If you pay a small fee we can protect you, what do you say?"

"Come on!" A student with a blue jacket yelled in the middle of the entrance. "Nobody can possibly defeat us, me and my Poliwrath are 19-0! Who wants to be 20? Anyone?"
Students standing around watching him whispered to each other, none seemed eager enough to challenge him.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
"I think I can handle myself." Alex replied. "Plus I don't have any money, just spent it all." Alex Said as he moved toward the exit. He wondered what the sophomores were talking about. As he exited the shop he looked around, his view of the area changed. Sophomores seemed to stare, as if waiting for Alex to make a move

As the sophomores stared, Alex and Fluffy (The Eevee) started to run, picking up Fluffy and sprinting off in a random direction. He didn't want to go back to his dorm room because he was afraid he'd lash out if Maker was there. Instead he ran in another direction. He can to a battling field. A boy and his Poliwrath challenging the trainers in the crowd. He thought a battle might ease him paranoid feelings but he waited in case any of the others wanted to battle.

As Tsuzuki was getting himself setup in his new room, he heard someone outside calling for people to challenge him. This interested him, he hadn't had a good battle against someone else in a while, and this would be a pretty good chance to show off his abilities as a trainer. He walked outside to where he'd heard the voice, and picked up on a crowd close to the entrance, surrounding a guy in a blue jacket with a Poliwrath. "I'll battle you!" He said eagerly, pulling out one of his pokeballs, "though don't expect it to be so easy if all you've got is that Poliwrath!"

Drake saw a person challenging a person with a Poliwrath. “Hey, how about we do a tag battle. I think it would be really fun and it would be good training for my Gabite.” Gabite pulled right up next to Drake and got in it’s battle ready position. “Me and Gabite are raring to go. Would you mind if we have a tag battle?” Drake asked the person that was going to challenge the person with the Poliwrath.

As Adrianna made her stairwell, she turned around, confident she was in the lead. "We're almost there! On these stairs, you're about to eat my du-". Adrianna froze, noticing Buneary had not been following her at all. Concerned at where her pokemon went, Adrianna went back down to the first floor to scan the area, until she found Buneary, looking outside from the door. "There you are, you worried me for a minute there. Why'd you stop?" Adrianna asked the bunny, crouching down to it. Buneary pointed it's paw outside, towards three older males, and two people who were more around her own age. Curious on what was going on, Adrianna ran outside with Buneary, to find that a Sophmore was challenging a couple of Freshman to a battle.

Buneary rolled its eyes, disappointed that people could find value in battling, not for honor or defense, but for proving themselves to others. Adrianna on the other hand looked more concerned. The sophomores seemed very tough, and she didn't know if the freshman could handle someone with a year of experience here. "Hey Aipom, come on out, I want some more friends around me. You know, just in case" Adrianna whispered to her bag. After a few moments, a blue light appeared and a cheerful Aipom emerged, climbing onto Adrianna's back to get a view of the upcoming battle. It, unlike it's trainer and fellow pokemon, was very excited.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Alex abandoned the idea and wandered in another direction. He found a small hole in a wall encasing the school so he decided to crawl though. There was a small path that Alex followed to a clearing where it appeared campers had once lived. There was a campfire in the middle surrounded by rocks, the remnants of tents could be found, a cloth, holes in the ground and other things. Continuing along the path he found a small stream with a bridge leading to the other side. He could see a few Pokémon swimming in the stream. Continuing his journey he finally made it to where the path ended.

He scrambled through an entanglement of vines and found a beautiful place beyond. There was a crystal clear lake with overgrown trees surrounding the area. There where a few stumps, overgrown with mushrooms and moss, where one could sit and stare out at the water. The grass underfoot was soft and calmed Alex as he lay down on it. Kicking off his shoes he lay on the Silky smooth grass with Fluffy settling herself next to him. Alex lay there for hours just staring up at the clouds. When a slight drizzle started he woke Fluffy to find some shelter. They crawled under a low hanging tree and watched the Forest as the rain drizzled down.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sethis?" Ashley was confused, but couldn't find a person named Sethis.

Braviary had taken to the air and opened her other pokeballs, revealing a Magikarp and a Murkrow, she returned her Magikarp, as he was useless in this situation.

"Look around for a person Called Sethis, could be shortened to Seth, okay?"

The two birds flew off in two different directions to look around.

Renz heard the door open behind him and turned around to see a girl walk in. He figured that this was probably the person he would be sharing a common room with, so he tried to make a good first impression.
"Hi, my name's Re-"
Before he was able to finish she had already entered her room and shut the door.
"Nevermind, then. Uhm... I guess I should get my stuff put away... maybe spend some time exploring campus...?"
He walked into the other room and set his bag on the bed. He figured he wasn't going to need anything out of it just yet, so there was no need to carry for the time being.
A few minutes later, he had left the rooms for Dai Lin to make as much use of as she wanted and reappeared outdoors. He saw what looked like a battle about to start and walked over, hoping to get a better look.

The sound of sharp claws scraping across tough bone filled the area. It came again and again, occasionally accompanied by a squawk or a grunt.
"Again. If you can't move fast enough to dodge, you'll go down quickly. Now, Shred, at 'em one more time. Pluck, get ready to dodge and counter with Knock Off. If you miss, you'll have to start dodging Rift too."
The Vullaby squawked again as it took a ready stance, and the Sneasel sharpened its claws against each other as it got ready. Then, with a snap of Jackie's fingers, both sprang into action. Swipe after swipe was narrowly avoided, and once Pluck jumped right over Shred as she lunged beneath. Both regained their footing, and then in a blur of motion Shred lunged back, only to be sent flying by a strong Knock Off. Jackie clapped.
"Good. We'll be able to use that maneuver later. Now, Rift, you're up."

"I saw you with the freshman group earlier." The Poliwrath trainer said. "I'm not about to beat down on a freshman." He smirked and then saw someone suggesting a tag battle. "Two freshman? Fine, that sounds fair." He said as the Poliwrath stepped up and flexed his muscles.

Maker reached her dorm, set her things in her room and then went back to the living room where she sat on the couch and waited for her new roommate to return, her arms crossed.

Azumi had joined the group where the battle was about start. Nana seemed interested as she chewed her cookie slower. Part of Azumi wanted to see the experienced student in action but she was also afraid of what she would do to her new colleagues, he had twenty wins straight and was confident against two freshman, which meant he was no push over.

This kid thinks he can beat two of us. Well we’ll show him how strong two can be. And besides, I have two pseudo legendaries on my team. “Well, who is ready for this battle to start. Gabite and I have been partners ever since we met back in Kalos. And we won’t let our teacher down.” Drasna, I won’t let you down. We have been under your guidance for so long, and we won’t let the training go to waste. “And if you’re wondering who my teacher is. It’s Drasna of the elite four. So prepare to go down.”

The long trail up to the academy had proven a beautiful and interesting path to wander, but the school itself gave the two kids pause. It was larger than either had imagined, though neither wanted to admit such a thing. That the doors were locked did not come as a surprise, though still managed to disappoint Sethis. Marinea seemed to have no concrete feelings about being at the academy. In fact, they hadn't spoken in half an hour or so, not that he minded.

Neither even discussed what to do now that they knew the school was locked up. They just turned around and walked back. They spent some more time hanging around with some of the kids in House Raikou, though they seemed a dour bunch so Seth and Marinea slipped out.

It wasn't until they were in the market area that the two exchanged words again. First, Sethis was arguing with a shopkeeper about the price of a set of Heavy Balls, which were far too expensive for his taste or his empty wallet.

"Seth, come on," Mari grunted, "just leave it."

Up in the sky, the ears of a Braviary and Murkrow propped up.

Then, as they continued further along the market, Mari looked up from her absolute joy that was the flower shop and its proprietors to see Seth trying to sneak a book out from under the sleeping Glameow. She bumped her Heracross with her elbow, who string shot Seth's hands while Mari rushed over to him.

"Seth, cut it out." She warned.

"Fine," Seth sighed, watching as the Glameow propped an eye open.

"Let's go find our dorms, I'm tired of lugging our stuff around."

"Fine." Seth said again, in a huff, as they walked off, unknowingly tailed by two birds.

“Tch. You shouldn’t underestimate people, especially those you think are below you, you might be surprised at what they can do. It’s not like I’m brand new to battling, either. Right, let’s do this Servine!” Tsuzuki said, throwing his partners pokeball up into the air, revealing the snake like grass type. “Well? Do you have a second Pokémon or are you just gonna be battling us with that Poliwrath?” He asked.

The trainer sighed and scratched the back of his head. "You all really think high of yourselves huh? You're not the only one who has been accepted into this school, despite who your trainer was or who you have beaten. Everyone here is special and talented on the outside, but in here, you're not. The only difference is that I have more experience in this place then you both do. Let's do this."
The Poliwrath cracked his knuckles and lifted his fist in a boxing stance. The trainer did the same as the crowd around seemed to grow excited. "Poliwrath, bulk up!" The water Pokemon took in a deep breath and grew in muscles.

In an instant, Adrianna's scavenger hunt of the school for places that seemed appealing turned into a battle between two freshmen and a sophmore. She saw as a bright and healthy Servine, and a short yet menacing Gabite readied themselves into the battlefield against a confident Poliwrath, despite being both outnumbered and at a disadvantage due to Servine's grass typing. "Take notes fellas, this is the first actual Pokemon battle we've seen in a while," Adrianna told her pokemon. Aipom seemed to already be doing so, and Buneary, while still uninterested in the concept, glanced with one eye, just to see what might happen in the battle.

“Maybe we aren’t really anything special in here, but just because we’re new doesn’t mean we don’t have any real skill! Servine, let’s start off with our opening strategy! You know what to do, just like we practiced!” Servine nodded back at its trainer, before beginning to glow a bright yellow color for about three seconds, (Growth), raising it’s attack for the move to come. Servine then jumped into the air and spun around and around, summoning and attracting many leaves to it’s side before throwing them at the enemy Poliwrath (Leaf Tornado). If this didn’t work he’d still have a few tricks up his sleeve at least.

"Let's show them why you're undefeated." The trainer said with a smirk.
The Poliwrath took both attacks head on, only raising his arms to defend himself. After the attacks he shook his body and flexed his muscles again.
"Our defenses are strong, I don't care how good your skills are and how well your Pokemon are trained, they lack the power to take on mine." He aimed his fist to the sky. "Rock slide!"
The Poliwrath aimed his fist to the sky also, summoned rocks and hurled them at the opponents.

Desperate to avoid the big showcase battle, Seth set about weaving his way through the crowd. The instigators shared shouted words their audience had gathered, though Seth didn't find interest in older students picking fights for the sake of their own superiority. The challenger's Pokemon came out to battle the older kid's Poliwrath, and that's when the young boy realized he'd lost Mari.

"Mari?" He called out to silence. Two bird Pokemon squawked directly overhead, though he couldn't quite tell them apart from the rest of the commotion going on. Seth pushed his way back through to the crowd to a mesmerized Marinea, her Heracross clutching her sleeve in dire anticipation. "Oh, come on, really?"

"That Poliwrath is magnificent." She muttered.

"Ah it ain't that special I'll show you twenty like it in Celadon City, now c'mon!"

Mari stood her ground and gazed off toward the battle, all eyes on what she thought was a prize Pokemon.

“What? How can he just block both attacks? Especially since his Poliwrath is weak to grass types...” Tsuzuki muttered. If he wanted to break the Poliwrath’s defenses they’d have to go around. But first, he’d try to keep the Poliwrath rooted in place so he could easily go around. He was snapped out of his thinking by the Rock Slide that he saw coming, it was close so he knew Servine would have to block the rocks. “Servine, block those rocks,then use Leech Seed!” He shouted, Servine nodded once again, jumping in the air and deflecting about two rocks with it’s tail, with two more hitting it directly. Servine fell to the ground, shaking off the rather ineffective damage as she stood, and out of its tail came three seeds that rooted themselves in the ground next to the Poliwrath. Vines began to creep out of them and towards the Pokémon, hungry to sap it’s lifeforce.

Last edited:
"Ice Punch." The trainer said as the Gabite rushed at his Poliwrath. With careful aiming, the Poliwrath took the dragon claw directly to his left arm and shot and ice Punch at the enemy, having it too close allowed it to have a perfect shot at it. However it didn't have time to react to the leech seed, allowing it to grab on to it's leg.
Mr. Godspeed joined the crowd, with a big smile on his face as he watched.

Wow, that Poliwrath is really defensive Adriana thought to herself, noticing that even when struck by a super effective leaf storm, and a point blank dragon claw, it had barely even reacted. To have a chance at winning, the freshmen would need to somehow work around that massive defense Adrianna figured. Suddenly, she noticed a sandstorm created by Gabite surrounding her. She started coughing and feeling randomly thirsty. “Aipom, spin your tail around to blow away this-“ cough “sand!”. Aipom turned itself around and used its tail to blow away most of the sand in the air, so that it and its trainer could breathe clearly once more.

Drake looked at Gabite. “You good?” He nodded. “Great. Now hit Poliwrath with your tail and then grab him and strike him with Dual Chop.”

Ben made it to where all the commotion was and saw a massive sandstorm. “Geez. This is some heavy sandstorm.” Ben looked out to the field and saw Drake battling with his Gabite in what looked like a two vs. one battle. He thought that it wasn’t a bit fair that they were going up against a person that was a year older. “You’ve got this Drake!”

Tsuzuki whispered a “yes!” Under his breath when he saw the Leech Seed connect, this would give them the advantage of free movement. Servine breathed a sigh of relief as some of the damage dealt by the Rock Slide recovered itself, though the sandstorm contradicted that a little, the added lack of visibility for the Poliwrath basically guaranteed a hit. “Servine, get behind them and use Leaf Blade!” Servine swiftly made it’s way to the trapped Poliwrath, her tail now glowing a bright green as she swung around the Poliwrath’s side and attempted to bring it down on it’s back.

The crowd cheered for the excitement of it all, between bits of sand they choked on thanks to those nasty weather effects. Seth, against his better judgement, started to get into the sway of things, too. Many seemed to be expressing shock that the Poliwrath could hold its own 2-on-1 - even older students. Some weren't sold, however, and Seth was among them.

"That Poliwrath can't hold on much longer..." he whispered.

"You're wrong," Mari chastised him.

"What? It's two-on-one! With a type advantage." He scoffed.

"But the Poliwrath and its trainer are together," Mari said, holding two index fingers entwined, "The others don't work together. Why fight two-on-one?"

Seth furrowed his brow and watched on in anticipation, his hand falling to his belt, to the ball that held his trusty Nidoran. He contemplated his own chances in such a situation.

Drake watched closely. This isn’t going to end well, is it? Well no matter what. We’ll work to the end. “Gabite try and get in close.” Gabite tried, but he was too scared to even get close. “Gabite, I know you’re scared. You’ve just gotta hang in there. Believe in yourself to make it work out. Now go!” Gabite still was very scared. He didn’t want to move. “GABITE. I BELIEVE IN YOU!” Drake yelled at the top of his lungs. But Gabite still had no interest to move.