• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join GYM Leader Academy (GLA)

As the class ended, Seth sat back in his seat and folded his arms. Homework? Essays? The longer he stayed here the more he wondered why he'd applied in the first place - or why GLA had even accepted him. Mari, who struggled with writing even her own name on a bad day, seemed to be in much a similar position as he. They shared a shrug. He knew well enough the strengths and weaknesses of his own team. Psychic, water, fighting - fast Pokemon who could hit hard enough before he had time to set up. But he wasn't a writer. Heck, he was hardly a battler.

"Homework?" Mari asked as they left class, looking over the one copy of their schedule that hadn't been lost yet.

"It's baby stuff don't worry about it," Seth said.

"...Essay?"

"You know when you put words real close to each other on paper?" Mari nodded, reticent, "well it's like that except someone made you to do it so by the end you're using a bunch of different words to mean the same crap."

Seth felt he'd explained the situation properly, but Mari stopped in the hallway and looked around, as if she really didn't want to be there anymore. Feeling a pang of guilt, Seth moved back to where she stood and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, Mari," Seth said, "we'll be ok. I'll help you. Whatever we have to write, just say it to me and I'll put it down on paper, hey? Sound okay?"

Mari nodded her head, and they walked off to find their next class, less than thrilled to be inside.

"Strengths and weaknesses, huh," Hunter said to himself has he left the classroom. "That's easy, fighting types are weak to flying, psychic and fairy types, and are strong against normal, rock, steel, ice and dark. Also, fighting attacks does not affect ghost types." He reminded himself. They would have to write it down aswell, which wouldn't be too hard even if it was annoying. He took up a piece of paper, a pencil, and then he wrote down some notes that he would turn into an essay or something later. "Okay, so we have contests in half an hour, to be honest I will probably suck at it. However, we will do our best won't we, Monferno?" He said to the Pokémon on his shoulder.

After continuing to doodle for some time, Adrianna realized that people were starting to leave. She turned her head to see a clock on the wall. "Oh shoot, come on Buneary, let's follow these people to our next class... which is?" Buneary pulled out the schedule from Adrianna's bag so she could look at it for herself. "Oh contests! I think that'll be our first time doing those right Buneary?" Adrianna asked her Pokemon. Buneary nodded it's head yes, now finally excited to be a part of the school once more. Adrianna shoved her notebook and pencil into her bag and then raced out the door. She didn't go too fast however, as she needed someone who actually knew where they were going to follow.

Pearl listened intently, waiting for a chance to jump in, however, she didn't get a chance. Instead, she sighed at the class work and looked down at her paper. She decided to take her assignment to the next level. Type advantage wasn't the only strength out there. There was thier movepool as well. After finishing her notes, she frowned at how obviously weak her team was. She was pretty sure she wasn't going to last long, at all. Stress to make sure her grades were close to perfect as possible crept up on her. She couldn't allow herself to be kicked out! Once the bell rang, she hid her notes, embarrassed at her own team. She saw many powerful Pokemon inside that class alone and felt unfit for the school. At least she could join a club to take her mind off of things. "Mr. Godspeed, is there a fishing club?" She asked quietly.
Dai Lin rolled her eyes at such an easy question and chuckled at a few of the answers. Inside her mind, she came up with numerous strategies, but didn't voice them. Instead, she got ready for the assignment. She predicted the type classwork, so she did it during the discussion. She kept her notes and walked off to her next class. She would search for a club later, as she didn't need one at that instant.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Vikal nearly groaned audiably at the mention of an essay. It was the first day! Still, the topic of the essay didn't sound very bad. One of the things Vikal loved most about electric types was that they had only one weakness, although a very dangerous one.
Anyway, there was another matter at hand, clubs. Apparently it's mandatory, which made a little bit of sense. Vikal, however, was absolute trubbish at decisions, so he may as well try and decide after school.
His focus changed when the bell rang and many students started moving to the second class. Vikal remembered the class, contest. He remembered being very interested in them as a child, watching them on their old TV. Vikal, being the fun-loving person he was, even attempted to prepare to be a performer, doing mini-performances with Schtocky when he was mareep, until he realized battling was more fun. Contests were certainly fun in their own way though.
He rose from his chair, put on his backpack, and went toward his second class, Schtocky walking beside him.

"Of course!" Mr. Godspeed replied to Pearl. "You should see them by the cafeteria recruiting people. Look for a guy with a tough looking Poliwrath, that's Mark, he is the captain and a good example of what a great fisherman can become."

Azumi caught up quickly to the group going to the next class, speed walking because she would never run in a hallway. "Everyone!" She called out as she caught up. "Hi I'm Azumi, this is Nana." Nana hid her cookie from the others as she was held in Azumi's arms. "I was wondering if you would all like to get together in my dorm to do our homework and have some snacks. We got plenty of cookies and I can make tea."

Maker looked through the list of clubs posted on a board in the hallway. She was interested in a few but she decided to try out for her favorites in middle school, track and cheerleading. She was the cheerleading captain, so getting in won't be too tough. She then walked over to a vending machine and got a soda. She sat down on a bench and drank as she played with her phone.

As Adrianna slacked behind the group heading towards the Contest classroom, she was suddenly stopped when she heard the sound of another person behind her. When Adrianna turned around, she saw a girl introduce herself her Ralts, and offered to go to her dorm. Without a second thought, Adrianna remarked "Hey there! My name's Adrianna, and this here's Buneary-" Buneary jumped in front of Adrianna and performed a bow to introduce itself. "I would love that Azumi! Just lead the way!" Adrianna cheerfully said, now walking to Azumi, rather than where everyone else was going.

Caught in the flow of travel between classes, Seth and Mari almost plowed through their peers as everyone else stopped at the behest of the girl Azumi. They stopped, quick, and shared an annoyed look, but were drawn in to the promise of tea and snacks. Mari shyly raised her hand like she was in class, and Seth took her wrist and gently lowered it.

"Sure, we're interested. Homework in a group is way better than doing it alone," Seth said, as if he ever did homework at all. Mari shrugged, not calling to attention the fact this was her first formal schooling in over five years.

Tsuzuki completed his schoolwork fairly easily, it was the first day after all, type advantages were something he’d known for years. Analysing his team wasn’t that hard either, he’d caught grass types with a variety of secondary typings for a reason, and that was so he could have the advantage in most battles. Servine was really an all rounder, and would most likely become his ace once she evolves into Serperior, Phantump is there to offer a wide range of type coverage, being immune to Normal and Fighting, and resisting many other types although being weak to about five, and finally Snover, possibly his weakest Pokémon in terms of weaknesses, who he’d train to be an absolute defensive tank, so much so as to be able to take multiple super effective hits before going down. The essay they were tasked with would have him going into much more detail, but that’d have to wait for later.

As he walked to his next class with everyone else, Tsuzuki heard a girl calling out to them, asking if they wanted to go to her dorm after classes were over to study. This was probably not only a good opportunity to make some new friends, but being part of a study group would be pretty advantageous, at least that’s how Tsuzuki saw it. “That’d be great! It’d definitely be much better to study with others rather than by myself. When should we come over?” He asked her with a smile.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Vikal turned to the girl asking if people would like to join her in some sort of study group. He thought about it, this assignment would be a lot less boring if he was around people, and he was never in a study group before.
The cookies sounded tempting.
But before he could decide, Schtocky decided for him. The sheep pokemon, completely taken over by the offer of cookies, ran toward the girl and her Ralts.
"Hey-wait-no-stop!" Vikal called out, following Schtocky. He luckily managed to catch him and raise him before he body slammed Azumi. He looked around awkwardly before smiling.
"Sorry about that. I..suppose I could stick around."
Schtocky gave a joyful bleat, wiggling in his arms.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Alex exited first and walked fast down the hallway to his next class. But before he made it there something caught his eye. It was a poster with a picture on the front of a Nidorina leaping into the air at a Gengar. It looked only familiar but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. The poster was for a battling team with the words 'Freshmen wanted' written across the bottom. He noticed some similar posters on the board so he unpinned it and stuffed it into his backpack.

Turnip (The Morelull) had hidden herself in someone else's bag. The freshman didn't even know that Turnip was hidden amongst their books. Turnip jumped out of the bag when it noticed a sweet scent. Jumping gout of the bag it waddled around the hallways following the sweet aroma.

Alex would've accepted Azumi's request but he remembered the pizza. He decided to bake it when Maker went into her room or maybe Maker would head to Azumi's dorm to study. Alex got a notebook out of his bag and gave Azumi 3 extra points for taking initiative. He quickly entered the next class.

Turnip followed the sweet aroma to a group of people, a Buneary smelled sweet with pancakes, the aroma was strong so the pancakes had probably been made that morning. Turnip creeped up to the buneary and saw a small crumb of the Buneary's fur. In a swift motion Turnip leaped into the air and licked the pancake crumb clean off before collapsing onto the ground. "Moreee" It cried happily. Turnip has an extreme sweet tooth and would get a sugar rush with only a crump of maple syrup or something similar. Turnip cried again happily as it jumped up and ran around the trainers high on sugar.

Meanwhile Adrianna and a few other people were discussing a study group, Adrianna heard a loud cry from her Buneary. When she turned around, she saw that it had a wet spot on its fur and a Morelull that seemed to be hyperactive, in a similar yet slightly weaker fashion to that of the Galarian Meowth. Buneary was horrified and disgusted at the whole interaction and ran to its trainer for protection. Adrianna picked up her Buneary and held it close to her chest. "It's ok, you'll be fine Bun-Bun. I wonder why the heck that happened?".
Adrianna pondered this for a while, before hearing the Morelull cry a desperate "morreeeee". Adrianna took one whiff at Buneary, and realized the beautiful breakfast aroma of the pancakes had followed them, and that Morelull had taken interest in it. "Curse of being a good chef!" Adrianna said, laughing at the silliness of the fiasco, while Buneary furiously stared at Adrianna, then back at Morelull, then went back into Adrianna's bag to look for something to clean itself with. At the same time, Adrianna pulled out her lunchbox, and opened it, revealing a few leftover pancakes that Buneary didn't finish. "Here, little one, it looks like you want more of these, so have at it! Just tell your trainer they're from the world-renowned: Chef Mincinno!" Adrianna cheered, leaving the box of 2 pnacakes next to the Morelull. Buneary peaked from Adrianna's bag while wiping the spot on it's hair with a tissue, and gave the Morelull a deadly glare.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
**This passage contains mildly disgusting language. You have been warned.**

Turnip (The Morelull) dived into the pancakes presented in front of her. She ate as much as she could before getting up and running down the footpath. Turnip had such a sugar rush that she couldn't stop as she ran into her trainer. Alex stepped back a little, tacked aback by Turnip running into him so fast.
"Hi Turnip." Alex said unaware of her travels. She replied gleefully before letting out the loudest burp Alex had ever heard. Turnip then collapsed on the floor covered in crumbs and maple syrup. Alex looked around embarrassed.
"Sorry." He said to no-one in particular as he lifted Turnip off the ground. She was fast asleep and Alex recognised the smell of pancakes.
"Have you been eating sugar again?" Alex asked worriedly before reaching into his bag and grabbing a small candy around the size of a coin. This candy was specifically designed for Turnip in case she ever had too much sugar. It was dangerous for her if she had to much and this candy made Turnip... well... y'know... Barf.

Alex lifted a brown paper bag up to Turnip's face before giving the candy to Turnip. She looked at the candy in front of her and gulped it down before leaning over into the bag and... released her stomach fluids. Turnip turned around and spun as she waddled across the pavement before collapsing on the floor. Alex sighed and lifted Turnip's pokéball up before clicking the button.
"Who would've given you all that sugar?" Alex asked himself as a he noticed a girl holding a lunchbox with 2 half eaten pancakes inside.

Adrianna watched a rather active Morelull quickly run along the hallway to someplace Adrianna didn't see. Before she got a good look, she returned her lunchbox to her bag and started walking back towards the group. Buneary, on the other hand, jumped off the bag to properly clean the saliva that now covered its yellow fur. In the midst of wiping itself off with a damp towel, it looked to where Morelull ran off to, just to see what it decided to do with such an energy boost. What Buneary saw, horrified it. It witnessed the little mushroom pokemon collapse on the ground, be picked up by a human. It was then given a small candy-like substance, which made it spit back out some goo. It then saw the trainer look in its direction, which made Buneary, run off to Adrianna, to point to what had happened. Adrianna wouldn't budge though, being so engaged with the conversation.

Hunter turned around and heard a girl asking if everyone wanted to gather in her room later, to do their homework.
"Sure, sounds fun," he said. Monferno heard the word cookies, and suddenly he was all over the place. He ran around Hunter like crazy, took Hunter's hat and chewed on it, then he returned the cap, all slimy and disgusting. He would have to wash it later. Hunter opened his bag and took out two apples, one for him and one for Monferno. Hunter ate his apple slowly, and it tasted very good. Monferno however, ate his apple very quickly and had finished it in under twenty seconds, and he was now craving another. "You'll get one later, I promise," Hunter said to Monferno.

Smith knew exactly what types were strong and weak on steel types, especialy those on his team. He also accounted fro the psychic and flying sub types of his beldum and skarmorry. He also noted that his team was on the slower side but with the natural bulk they had it wasnt too big of a deal. But the news of clubs being a thing at all here shocked him. The fact that they were mandatory was even more shocking. He wasnt sure exactly what club he would join but he figured hed give them a look around come lunchtime. Hed rather cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Alex returned Turnip (The Morelull) to her pokéball to rest and stepped though into his next class.

Ruby had arrived at GLA yesterday but was tired from her journey and went to sleep immediately after unpacking. The next day she woke up late and realised she had missed her first lesson. She sprinted up the mountain with her Pokémon in tow and arrived to school just as the first lesson ended. One thing was still off though, she had forgotten her map and timetable. Ruby became overcome with terror, how could you be late on your first day? She asked herself. She was about to lose hope when students started pouring out of a classroom. They looked around her age and seemed to have the same uniform on. She tailed the group following them to her next lesson. As she was walking she heard a student address the group. Stepping forward she introduced herself. "Hi I'm Ruby, I'd love to."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Great!" Azumi said with a smile. "How about we meet at my dorm at seven thirty? I am making a group on social media if you could all just looke me up, Azumi E. Towers, and I will post my dorm information there. Oh and make sure to mention who you are when you add me, I'm very careful about the people I add." She looked at her small silver watch on her wrist. "Excuse me I'm going to feed my Pokemon before the next class."

The bell for the next class rang.

Azumi and Maker walked in together this time, they seemed to be talking about something funny since Maker kept giggling. Azumi took a seat in the front and middle like before and Maker next to a window, like before. Surprisingly, Nana seemed to be asleep in Azumi's bag as it was set down next to Azumi's sit.
Amy Rosebud walked in, she had short straight pink hair down to her shoulders, wearing a simple black sweater, blue jeans and white sneakers. She was followed by a Chatot, that hopped around and then flew on the desk. "Hello everyone!" Ms. Rosebud said with a sweet voice. "Freshman!" The Chatot shouted. "Sorry, she gets really excited about new people." Ms. Rosebud said with a slight blush. "Now, I'm glad to see many of you and lets get straight to the point." She looked over at her Chatot. "Why contest class?!" Her Chatot cried out. Ms. Rosebud giggled. "Good questions Chatot. What does this have to do with being a GYM Leader? Now let me ask you this, think of your favorite GYM leader and tell me, do they have a style? Do they stand out from other trainers? Of course they do! They either match their typing, their personality, both or even more! Can any of you guess how do you get such a thing?" She smiled at her Chatot. "Freshman Noobs!" The Chatot shouted. Ms. Rosebud giggled again. "No, contest! It isn't about being the most beautiful or being the smartest, is about having a unique style of your own, a style that shows when you battle, how you dress and even the looks of your gym! Now do not worry, this class is mandatory on your first year, once you become Sophomores, there's more options for you. But I will do my best to make sure you enjoy it and appreciate what I have to teach you. Now, I want to learn from you all something, who are your favorite GYM Leaders?"

Pearl was in her seat before the bell rang. Unlike the some of the others, she was anticipating Contests class, as her favorite gym leader, Wallace, was also known to go do contests. She listened to the teacher intently, trying not to miss anything. Once the question came up, she decided to be the first to answer. "Wallace," she said louder than usual. "He inspired me to try to become a water-type gym leader." She looked down, slightly embarrassed. She wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say to the whole class. But she continued. "I mean, I never got to meet him, but, well, he is a master of water-types."
Dia Lin had nothing to say. She honestly prefered the Elite Four psychic trainers and was trying to bring the psychic flare into gyms as there was only three psychic gyms inside regions that publicly showed thier gyms online. She sat there, working on her essay as she awaited for the teacher to finish. After all, she had nothing better to do.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Alex took a seat once again next to the door so he could be the first one out. He noticed a girl enter who wasn't at their first class. Writing in his notebook he gave the girl -64992763800237488246916 points for being so late. As Ms Rosebud entered the class and started to explain the importance of Pokémon performing as a gym leader, Alex payed attention. He may not be the best battler but he new the importance of Pokémon performing and had practiced it back home.
"I liked Valeria in Laverre city and Elesa in Nimbasa city as their gyms doubled as something else. Valerie's gym was a fashion show and Elesa's gym was an amusement park. Once I have a gym of my own I hope to do something just as unique and interesting as that." Alex stated.

Ruby took a seat near the back of the classroom. She didn't much care for performing and thought it was a waste of time, even after Ms Rosebud's introduction to the course Ruby still thought performing was useless. Ruby heard a few of the others answer but she zoned everything out. Instead Ruby tapped the persons shoulder in front of her.
"Hey umm, what was the homework for last lesson?" She asked.

Ashley had been watching everything before the bell rang for next Class, she went down to the cafeteria, and saw recruitment areas for clubs, and signed up for the outdoors club with Braviary, and headed to class, with twenty seconds to spare. She took a seat and immediately was asked about Gym leaders, only two came to her mind, Falkner, of Johto, and Skyla, of Unova.

"Skyla and Falkner share Similar types to my own." Ashley explained.

Renz had reached class just in time, and had gotten settled by the time the teacher had finished speaking and asking her question. He had to ponder for a moment, because he had a lot of Gym Leaders he was a fan of. However, if he had to pick some he was most inspired, there were a few who would certainly be on his list. Despite having been associated with an evil organization, Team Rocket, Giovanni made his list due to his reputation as one of the strongest Ground type trainers ever, even though Renz didn't like him otherwise, and besides him there were Grant, Clemont, Wulfric, and...
"Opal isn't exactly my favorite, but I think she is one of the most inspiring. Her long career and her clever use of quizzes, plus her unique battling style makes her a tough opponent. At least... from the matches I've seen."

Jackie walked in a bit late, just in time to hear the question. She answered it smoothly as she slid into a seat. "Piers for life." Shred nodded in agreement as she jumped up on the seat next to Jackie.

After bugging Adrianna for what seemed like an eternity, the school bell finally rang and it was time for their next class. Buneary tried it’s best to erase the image from its mind, but it still lingered in the back of its mind

When Adrianna entered her next class, she watched in joy as the teacher and her Chatot gave such an entertaining and loving speech about contests. Adrianna and Buneary found themselves laughing out loud at Chatot’s shenanigans, and when Ms Rosebud asked for favorite gym leaders, Adrianna stuck up her hand almost instantly. “My favorite gym leader is Iris!” Adrianna unintentionally remarked loudly, being so excited by the question. “She’s my favorite since she is just like us, even for being such a powerful trainer. She’s young and energetic and loves her region so much, she‘s almost just like a typical citizen, and if you didn’t know she was a Gym Leader of the 8th and final one of before Unova’s elite four, it’d seriously shock you!”

Though unexcited and uninspired by the concept of Pokemon Contests, Seth fought the urge to skip the class entirely. Mari - the ego to Seth's id- fought him in turn to go to class if only to support her.

Mari didn't even know what a Contest was.

"Were you born under a rock?" Seth asked as they stood in the hallway right outside the classroom.

"Raised in a forest." Mari answered, sincere.

"Are you-?" He hadn't considered why she couldn't really read or write until this point. Mari shook her hand the in the 'sort of manner, "Whatever. Ask someone else about them, all I know is they're a waste of my time."

Seth realized he had said that last bit a bit too loudly as they'd entered the classroom. Embarrassed, he shuffled to the far back corner of the room. Mari chose to sit up front, and took notes as best she could, writing slow and in sloppy hand.

Quickly, Seth realized the teacher was making a decent point to start. Gym leaders mostly tended not to be contestants, but each carried a grandiose personality befitting the stage.

"I was inspired by Koga and his daughter, Janine," he answered upon the teacher's prompting, "Ninja masters who cut their opponent down even as the opponent thinks they've won. Disguise, subterfuge, ferocity. Of course they'd pick the poison type."

Tsuzuki watched and listened as Ms. Rosebud gleefully explained to the, the purpose of the class, and he had to admit, it was true that Gym Leaders typically had gyms and personalities based off of their typings, though couldn’t they have named it something more fitting? He thought for a few minutes on what other names they could’ve used, but his thinking was cut short by Ms. Rosebuds prompt.

There were many grass type Gym Leaders, but there was only one he had drawn inspiration from. To him the answer was obvious. “Cilan, one of the three Striation City Leaders, he’s who I draw inspiration from. He’s my favourite of the trio, and getting to know him from working at their gym has only strengthened my appreciation.” He said, loudly enough for her to hear.

Daniel was within the back rows of the classroom as silent as always as he listened to Ms. Rosebud... and her annoying Chatot. Although what really caught his interest was when the students were asked about their favorite Pokemon Gym Leaders, Daniel pondered after a while. "I'd say Fantina; her passion for Pokemon battling and proves that not all Ghost type trainers have to look all distant and gloomy... like me." Daniel said with a hint of regret in his last two words.

Hunter sat down, at the back of the classroom, quiet. He didn't really know who his favorite gym leader was, since Bruno wasn't a Gym Leader, but an Elite Four member. He decided not to answer the question, and instead he took out a pack of gum and started chewing on one. Ms. Rosebud's chatot was extremely annoying, and he had to hold back his instincts of yelling "shut up." He fought the urge, and continued to sit quietly, listening closely to the teacher.

"Those are all wonderful answers! Today we are going to do a little biography on a gym leader of your choice, it's due by the end of the week and it must be at least 2 pages long. I know it sounds like a lot, but we need to start with the theory before we move on to practice." Ms. Rosebud said with a warm smile on her face.

The class continued with the teacher helping her students choose who the biography would be on and get started on the essay. Azumi had chosen Winona while Maker had chosen Flannery. Soon the class ended and it was lunch time. Azumi and Maker walked together towards the cafeteria. It was big, with different food stands around the edges and a big center with tables, benches and a fountain in the middle, which was occupied by some water trainers and their Pokemon. There was also people standing around with signs inviting freshman to join their clubs. Including Mark with his Poliwrath, the water Pokemon had the sign hanging from one of his biceps. There were several clubs and at the northern part was a stage with three people sitting on chairs and seemed to be practicing their speech as some technicians set a microphone.

Maker took a sit by a long table and let out a loud yawn. "I can't decide what to eat!" She said out loud. Azumi sat across from her and set Nana down on the table, who was still working on her cookie. "So many options, for food and club. Maybe we should get something we can share, like pizza or chicken salad." Azumi said. In response Maker began laughing. "Chicken salad." She said as she continued to laugh.

"Man," Seth said to himself after class, as the teacher and everyone else was getting ready to leave, "if I knew I was going to be swimming in homework on my first day I wouldn't have even come here."

He got up with a lazy shuffle and moved to the front where Mari was packing up her belongings. He saw her notebook, covered in oversized groupings of word phrases the teacher had used during class, with the name "Bugsy???" written out.

"You wanna check out the caf?" He asked.

"Food?" Mari asked in turn.

"Yeah," Seth sighed, "you in?"

Mari nodded and they walked off to the cafeteria. It was daunting, what with the club recruitment and the other students vying in line for food. Seth made them both modest plates and found a couple of seats by a nice window. Unfortunately, they were seated somewhat next to where the clubs had gathered.

Mari eyed Mark and his Poliwhirl with a mix of admiration and suspition, unsure of what she was doing at GLA. Seth felt similar, though for different reasons.

They sat in relative silence and ate slow.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
When Ruby didn't get a reply she decided to just wait util the study session. After the lesson ended she walked into the cafeteria, looking around she couldn't decide where to sit. She decided to sit with a few of her freshman classmates as she ate her chicken salad. As she sat she wondered about what club to join, there was fishing, cheerleading, book club, battling, track, math, and there was even a school newsletter. Ruby decided to look up a full list of clubs back at the dorm later on and decide then.

Alex was in a similar situation and needed to make some friends. Looking around the room he saw a few classmates seated at a bench, although Maker was among them and Alex though it was a good idea to avoid her for the rest of the day. Alex decided to sit alone at the closest table to the exit. Fluffy (The Eevee) jumped up onto the table as Alex sat down. Turnip (The Morelull) came out to eat lunch and was slightly less dizzy than before. Lilly (The Ralts) preferred to eat in private and would do so back at the dorm.

Pearl worked on her homework while class was going. After all, that was all of the class for that day. Once the bell rang, she went to the cafeteria and went to the fishing club. Sure, it didn't sound interesting, but it was calming. She seriously hoped she didn't have to sign up all her Pokemon as well. If word got out her already weak team had a Magikarp, she would be dead. Taking in a deep sigh, she walked up to Mark and his Poliwrath. "Um, can I join the fishing club?"
Dia Lin decided to write about Sabrina right before the teacher gave the next assignment. She took notes on what she needed to make an amazing paper before working on the other class's work. After all, the sooner she got done, the sooner she could study in her lonesome. Once the bell rang, she got a quick meal and worked on her class work again, away from the other students. After all, they would only drag her grades down.

An annoyed sigh came out of Maker as she looked around. "Ugh it really bothers me to see people sitting alone, like is it so hard to join others so you can have some company? School is already terrible, alone must be worse!"
Azumi and Nana looked at each other confused and then at Maker. "I think it's nice you care about your colleges."
Maker stood up. "I'm doing them a favor!" She walked over to where Alex was sitting. "Hey, we got space at our table, you should join us." She walked over to Mari and Seth. "You two, we got room at our table, in case you want to join." She then walked away and went back to her table, where Nana was eating her slice of pizza. Maker laughed and took another slice. "There, hopefully the others just come straight here."

"It would be awesome to have you in our club. I'm Mark the club president and this is my Poliwrath." Mark said with enthusiasm. "We will actually have our first meeting today out by the river next to the Oran Berries trees. You can't miss it but if you want we can meet outside the school building and we will take you from there. So, what type are you and what team do you have? Also your name and year so I can write you up." He grinned as he got ready to write.

RING RING

The bell had rung once more, bringing the end to another period of school. Adrianna already could right novels on her admiration of Iris, so she knew this upcoming assignment would be a breeze. “Alright Buneary, hand me the schedule porfavor!” Adrianna asked, as Buneary dug threw her bag, tossing out unneeded paper scraps and candy wrappers. Adrianna looked at the piece of paper, and suddenly jumped in excitement. “Guess what time it is fellas? It’s lunch time!”.

Adrianna and Buneary raced over to the cafeteria, excited to eat some food and relax. Although, when Adrianna opened her lunch box, she remembered that she gave most of the pancakes to the Morelull, and the rest was already bitten. Adrianna put back her empty container and pulled out an apple she kept in her bag for such occasions. Before she could begin eating, she needed to decide where to sit. Adrianna preferred sitting alone when she ate, or at least in quite areas, so she scanned for areas like that.

Eventually Adrianna spotted a girl who had already finished their meal, and were working on assignments. Adrianna figured that would be the best spot, so she walked over to her, and plopped down onto the ground. Buneary, after pulling out some berries in a plastic cup, emerged from the bag and sat down with her. Adrianna called out Aipom and Mincinno to dig in as well.

She looked up from her spot on the ground to the girl studying, and decided try starting a conversation. “Hey there! Name’s Adrianna. May we interest you in a berry shake?” Adrianna kindly asked, holding up the cup.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Alex was surprised when Maker invited him to their table. He figured why not and walked over there, his Pokémon in tow. He sat down next to the girl who missed first lesson and introduced himself.
"Hi I'm Alex." He said with an outstretched hand. "Whats your name?"
"I'm Ruby." Ruby replied sternly. She hated being disturbed while she was eating but Alex insisted on conversation asking her questions about her type and team. Ruby replied with short answers letting him know she didn't want to talk. Eventually Alex gave up and went back to eating.
"What about you two?" Alex asked realising he didn't know anything about Maker or Azumi.

Renz wandered around the courtyard and looked at the options for food. Luckily he was able to find a good Gluten Free option and got that. Then he looked around a bit more until he spotted Dai Lin. She was sitting all by herself, so Renz decided to try one more time. He walked over near her and sat down in silence. He didn't say anything right away, just let her do her thing while he ate. Then he pulled a notebook out of his bag and got to work. He began finishing up his Team Assessment and began to think about the Gym Leader essay that Ms. Rosebud had given. He had time to research, since there were several days to work with, but he wanted to go ahead and get a head start.

Jackie slouched into the courtyard. She saw all the people with signs for their clubs, but she hadn't decided which to join yet. She decided, at least for the time being, to get some food. She picked out some chicken salad that didn't look particularly horrible and went over to a table with several other people. She didn't even look at them, though, just ate her food, slipped a few bites to her Pokemon, and thought about the clubs.

Ashley had been taking notes throughout class when the bell rang, this time for lunch, her Braviary flew towards a spot towards the back of the Courtyard, after she snagged some food and had to chase down her Flying Type. She let out Murkrow and Magikarp, of which Murkrow sat on her head and Magikarp flopped like a fish out of water. She ate her lunch as Braviary landed to eat.

Tsuzuki headed out to the lunch area when the bell rang. He was really hungry, so he headed straight for where the food was and grabbed some before looking around at the various clubs. “Hm... none of these look particularly interesting to me.” He thought to himself as he walked around the courtyard, “guess I’ll just sit down and eat first.” He thought as he went and sat down on the far end of the table where Maker and Azumi were sitting.

As Adrianna offered some of her lunch to the girl, she saw another freshman approach her and do his homework as well. Now feeling embarrassed, Adrianna inched away from the table, hoping not to disturb their study time, and was now on the ground in about the middle of the cafeteria.

Her attempts at social interaction may have failed, but that didn’t mean she had to be sad, as now it was smoothie time! Mincinno took the cup of sweet berries and single apple and threw it into the air. It jumped up next to the mid-air fruits, and began cutting them to small bits with it’s claws. Once the tiny pieces of fruit were well sliced, Mincinno dropped back down, and the food fell back into the cup. Aipom then aimed its tail into the cup and began using Pound on the sliced berries over and over, having quite a large amount of enjoyment in using its battle moves for something. Once everything was mushed into one fine substance, the cup was given a lid and given to Buneary, who put it on the floor to its side, and rolled it across the floor until it was well stirred. When the pokemon opened the lid, they all held up their creation to Adrianna, who had been watching them work their magic.

They had created a sweet apple-sauce like substance with the sweetness of oran berries, and tanginess of pechas. Everyone was given a spoon, and they started eating away from the cup, cherishing each bite of the creation.

Daniel wrote on his paper about the Gym Leader he mentioned earlier, Fantina, before his writing made it to one and a half pages, he heard the bell ring to let everyone know that it was lunch time. "Finally, I'm starving." Daniel said with a small smile as he joined the other students to the cafeteria, the sound of the noisy crowd irritated him a bit, but he was used to it, when Daniel was finally ready to order his food, he ordered himself a burger and several berries for his Pokemon.

Daniel went to sit down at any table that had little to no students sat at it and set up the food for him and his Pokemon. "C'mon guys, lunch time." Daniel said as he looked down and was replied by three flashes from his Poke balls to let his Pokemon emerge, Golett simply ate his berries sensibly, Dreepy wolfed hers down and didn't seem to notice the mess on her face, Dusclops on the other hand also ate his sensibly, but his eye looked around at everyone as if it stared in to their souls. Daniel on the other hand casually ate his burgers and didn't seem to notice or care about Dusclops' unintentionally creepy cautiousness.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Vikal considered the question, and was surprised to find that he didn't necessarily have a favorite gym leader. Another thing he realized was that he had yet to see a electric gym leader with a "style".
Lt.Surge had a tough, powerful attitude, but many fighting type leaders did as well. Elsa was graceful and pretty, but so were most water gym leaders. Clemont had to most differing style, but still had similarities to others. In that moment, Vikal set a goal for himself. He would find his own style and spread it to all future electric leaders.
Before he knew it, the class was over. He was now stuck with a essay and an autobiography to write.
Fun Fun Fun.
Ah well, it was time to eat. He left the classroom and sat in the cafeteria, alone. He wasn't being antisocial, but preferred not to bother people by dropping in. He reached into his backpack, release his pokemon, and took out an extra sandwich he made in the morning and a bag of pokemon food.
Schtocky went right on the food, scarfing it down with Voltug on is head, while Vigit landed on the table. Vikal continued to eat, watching his pokemon.