• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
:o OMIGOSH!!!! That is an AWESOME sprite, Myouki! Looks like a Politoed, but at the same time, not so much un-humanish. I like it!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
[quote author="Trainer Sonjo"]...You clearly haven't read the title. Or looked the thread over, for that matter. Perhaps the title should be edited to something more suitable, like 'Submit your Trainer Sprites'?

This is a thread in which to create and submit your own trainer sprite or card template. Not your actual card. I can see why the staff cut registration, now.[/quote]

You have a valid point - HOWEVER, it seems like you haven't read the rules either.

[quote author="The Rules"]Enforcement of the rules shalt be executed by the Administrators and Moderators of PokeCharms alone. We hold the right to take whatever action - or not to take whatever action - against violators of these rules and policies. Therefore, if you have any requests for us to look into things - you may PM us and inform us. However, do not try to police the board yourselves. That's what we're here for.

... In other words, when you see a SPAM thread, don't go around posting "This is SPAM." We're perfectly aware it is, and we'll take care of it. To clear things up - this means NO Mini-Modding by members that are not members of the administration or global moderation team of the site. Failure to comply with this WILL result in a warning.[/quote]

I realize you're trying to be nice and tell people off, but quite frankly, that's not your duty on this site. It's ours. And by mini-modding, you're breaking the rules as much as this guest. Ergo, you're warned.

D

Daytime Umbreon

Huh? *looks around* looks like a missed a lot...well, I'm here so if you need something transparent, I'm here and need something to do!

I suspected that. S'really good. I don't remember you shading that well ever before...

well, i have had quite a bit of practice.... so it's only natural that they get better over time... and Slink_Fusion, here's seviper cosplay ^^
4uwnnvd.png
(wasn't sure what to do with the head, so i made a hoodie out of it ^^)

[quote author=Hedj link=topic=1379.msg25920#msg25920 date=1183127678]
slowpokecosplaybi0.png

Another cosplay, I couldn't help but do this one. It's not very good quality, I know, but I think it has some cuteness to it.

Slooooow...

... poke.
[/quote]

this is sooo cute, i like it ^^

S

Slink

Woah! Myouki thats awsome!!! And everyone call me slink please, its easier to type :p Maybe you could try an Tangala/Tangrowth cosplayer next, that would have an interesting outcome im sure ;D

Yeah, I suppose... Dang it, I never got any better at it... :'( I like the Seviper, hoodie's a nice touch.

thanks ^^ some people may just take longer than others... i may have gotten better faster because i've always had to be a quick learner... so just give it some time, i'm sure you'll get better ^^

also, i listen to music while i make sprites (anime music, of course ^^) since i become unnerved when it becomes too quiet... so try listening to your favorite music (you know, some people think music helps you to concentrate better, so teachers sometimes use classical music while students take tests) and see what you get ^^

[quote author=Slink link=topic=1379.msg25952#msg25952 date=1183146648]
Woah! Myouki thats awsome!!! And everyone call me slink please, its easier to type :p Maybe you could try an Tangala/Tangrowth cosplayer next, that would have an interesting outcome im sure ;D
[/quote]

oh wow... that would be interesting... that may take some time though...well, i'll only find out when i try...

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to work at i- Wait, did you say you HAD to be a quick learner??

I like the quiet. My brother talks too much, so I like a little break. Although, the computer is in the family room.... So he just comes and Yaps all day long, anyway.

HEY, the music will stop my brother yapping at me... SAAWEET! Thanks, Myouki!

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to work at i- Wait, did you say you HAD to be a quick learner??

I like the quiet. My brother talks too much, so I like a little break. Although, the computer is in the family room.... So he just comes and Yaps all day long, anyway.

HEY, the music will stop my brother yapping at me... SAAWEET! Thanks, Myouki!

hehehe... details, details.... hi.mi.tsu ^^ while i wouldn't know what it's like to have an older brother yapping at you, i do have a friend who will never shut up about her fanfictions (which she only does partway through and starts a new one >.>) but you're welcome for the tip, now off to sprite a tangrowth cosplayer XD

*coughyoungerbrothercough* :p Even MORE annoying. Thankfully, I don't have any older sibs. I AM the older, of two. Glad I don't have annoying little sisters... Nothing against girls in general, just little sisters who steal my stuff.... Me and my brother always wanted one to tease, though. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
hehehe... details, details.... hi.mi.tsu ^^ while i wouldn't know what it's like to have an older brother yapping at you, i do have a friend who will never shut up about her fanfictions (which she only does partway through and starts a new one >.>) but you're welcome for the tip, now off to sprite a tangrowth cosplayer XD
I have an idea for that. I won't do it for you, but maybe you can have some sort of Tangrowth-like hairstyle... unless you already had that idea in mind?
Is this idea too wierd or too not-understandable?

D

Daytime Umbreon

I have an idea for that. I won't do it for you, but maybe you can have some sort of Tangrowth-like hairstyle... unless you already had that idea in mind?
Is this idea too wierd or too not-understandable?
I've had that idea, too. I'd have done it, but I'm not too willing to make that...and I'm not fans of either Pokemon.

S

Slink

Hm, Artiste, goin a bit off topic their ;) IS that classed as mini moding?? Oh no... Sorry if it is :( I was just wandering, Myouki, do you make some of your sprites from scratch? If so, is it hard? Do you know any tutoriols? Or did you just figure it out? Please reply :)

Woops 4 new posts before i posted this, ignore that comment Artiste. :-[

Hm, Artiste, goin a bit off topic their ;) IS that classed as mini moding?? Oh no... Sorry if it is :( I was just wandering, Myouki, do you make some of your sprites from scratch? If so, is it hard? Do you know any tutoriols? Or did you just figure it out? Please reply :)

Woops 4 new posts before i posted this, ignore that comment Artiste. :-[

hehe, wish i could say they were from scratch, but no... it's more like i splice pieces together.

first, i get the sprites from the pokemon and trainer(s) i wanna use, then figure out what i wanna do with the end result.... then i take pieces that i want while erasing the remnants and fit them together... unfortunately, some pieces just won't fit (like with the politoed and seviper heads, lickilicky's tongue) so i end up doing those from scratch.

also, i didn't go through any tutorials, i just watched what everyone else did and took off from that (it's MY copy ninjutsu ^^) all in all, what you need the most is patience to get it done right... if you're gonna do it, do it right the first time ^^

btw slink, did you like the seviper cos? and i did the tangrowth... like it was said, tricky...
6bco5fq.png
(ended up using wires to hold the tangrowths' hands up)

hmmmm, maybe i should do the eevolution ideas that i mentioned from a few posts back since i have some free time ^^

D

Daytime Umbreon

Hey, is it me, or have pages disappeared a few times? I looked at the page, then refreshed it, and it was suddenly smaller...and I saw posts that were at the top...

Hey, is it me, or have pages disappeared a few times? I looked at the page, then refreshed it, and it was suddenly smaller...and I saw posts that were at the top...

it's not just you, some posts do occasionally disappear (the first time i saw this, i thought i was going mental @.@)

ok, here are the two eevolutions i did....now, i had to do these purely from memory (must have packed the original pics i drew in storage when we moved to italy ;_; and did these about a year and a half ago) so there might be some things inaccurate about them....

4pp24k7.png

name: Bladeon (blae DEE on) the noble pokemon
type: steel
stats: A pokemon known for it's likeness to a knights steed and fair nature. Generally gentle in demeanor, it will not attack unless severely provoked. It never takes the armor it wears off, even when sleeping. Their armor defends it from physical assault,while it uses it's ears and tail to slice through opponents; making it very versatile. This pokemon is treasured for it's regal look and calm presence. They are often seen helping others. A trainer who owns one will have an ever loyal ally who will protect them with their life.

6fagnjb.png

name: Floraeon (floor EE on) the poison vine pokemon
type: poison
stats: A sly pokemon, it can easily outsmart even the most difficult of opponents. It uses it's vines for binding enemies. The buds on it's tail and the tips of it's vines emit a powerful poison, as well as being used for projectiles. Curious by nature, it may stray from it's trainer if not watched. It spends it's time alone most of the time, but will socialize. This pokemon is a vegetarian, mainly eating poisonous plants to strengthen it's toxins, and will become angry if given meat of any kind.

R

Rayquaza

Well... I just wanted to submit this trainer. Her name is June, from the Master Region

well here.

junemc0.png

D

Daytime Umbreon

it's not just you, some posts do occasionally disappear (the first time i saw this, i thought i was going mental @.@)

ok, here are the two eevolutions i did....now, i had to do these purely from memory (must have packed the original pics i drew in storage when we moved to italy ;_; and did these about a year and a half ago) so there might be some things inaccurate about them....

4pp24k7.png

name: Bladeon (blae DEE on) the noble pokemon
type: steel
stats: A pokemon known for it's likeness to a knights steed and fair nature. Generally gentle in demeanor, it will not attack unless severely provoked. It never takes the armor it wears off, even when sleeping. Their armor defends it from physical assault,while it uses it's ears and tail to slice through opponents; making it very versatile. This pokemon is treasured for it's regal look and calm presence. They are often seen helping others. A trainer who owns one will have an ever loyal ally who will protect them with their life.

6fagnjb.png

name: Floraeon (floor EE on) the poison vine pokemon
type: poison
stats: A sly pokemon, it can easily outsmart even the most difficult of opponents. It uses it's vines for binding enemies. The buds on it's tail and the tips of it's vines emit a powerful poison, as well as being used for projectiles. Curious by nature, it may stray from it's trainer if not watched. It spends it's time alone most of the time, but will socialize. This pokemon is a vegetarian, mainly eating poisonous plants to strengthen it's toxins, and will become angry if given meat of any kind.
Cool! Have you thought out other details for it...like how to get them and the details they have when you look at it's summery in your party?

B

buizel

yeah i know.... i thought it was because i was a guest or something >.> it was just me and umbreon getting deleted too >.> i was trying to ask myouki where she learned how to sprite so well.. and whats up with the registering for this forum? why is it down??

D

Daytime Umbreon

yeah i know.... i thought it was because i was a guest or something >.> it was just me and umbreon getting deleted too >.> i was trying to ask myouki where she learned how to sprite so well.. and whats up with the registering for this forum? why is it down??
Because idiots keep spamming.

Hello, all.

I put together a new trainercard layout. Like the last one I put up, this one's designed to be wide and thin, instead of DS-screen-proportions, so that it can fit better in forum signatures. Unlike the last one, it doesn't require the trainer code to be formatted differently. It's also not made by hacking up an existing design (the Pokeballs for the badge locations were lifted from the FireRed/LeafGreen Pokecharms Custom, but it's the only thing I borrowed).
extrawide01vr0.png

I made my card into an example:
extrawide01cayleyiq9.png

The template is only 2kb and uses only 15 colors (not counting the colors in the trainer code and trainer name) so it uses about the same resources as the current designs.

I would appreciate it if you et me know what you think, as well as if or when you can use it.

Thank you for your consideration, and for providing this service!

Hello, all.

I put together a new trainercard layout. Like the last one I put up, this one's designed to be wide and thin, instead of DS-screen-proportions, so that it can fit better in forum signatures. Unlike the last one, it doesn't require the trainer code to be formatted differently. It's also not made by hacking up an existing design (the Pokeballs for the badge locations were lifted from the FireRed/LeafGreen Pokecharms Custom, but it's the only thing I borrowed).
extrawide01vr0.png

I made my card into an example:
extrawide01cayleyiq9.png

The template is only 2kb and uses only 15 colors (not counting the colors in the trainer code and trainer name) so it uses about the same resources as the current designs.

I would appreciate it if you et me know what you think, as well as if or when you can use it.

Thank you for your consideration, and for providing this service!

A squishy card that's not ugly!

It's simple, compact, and pleasing to see. I like it a lot! Although I must say, you're an intimidating Trainer to fight...You aren't even human! It's those Missingno. battles all over again! Aaaaah! XD

I think it should be added! *thumbs up!*

Cool! Have you thought out other details for it...like how to get them and the details they have when you look at it's summery in your party?

well, for bladeon it evolves when eevee levels while holding metal powder, while floraeon evolves when eevee learns bite while holding a poison barb

bladeon's abilities are either battle armor (protects against critical hits) or pure power (boosts power of physical attacks)
floraeons abilities are either natural cure (eliminates status upon switching out) or poison point (foe may be poisoned upon contact)

[quote author=buizel link=topic=1379.msg25998#msg25998 date=1183162357]
[/quote]

my stuff got deleted too (the post where i said i might sprite my eevolutions that daytime replied do it, i want to see it!!!)... as for learning to sprite...ummm.... i'm self taught ^^; like i said before, i've had to be a quick learner, and usually after seeing something once or twice, i'm capable of producing satisfactory results from it (i'm like kakashi the copy ninja ^^) i just started spriting because i found this site and it looked like fun ^^ this was actually the first time i've ever sprited characters...

G

GreenRampage

OzzyBeans does the Ele- Trainer Card look better with the battery and Outlines?

D

Daytime Umbreon

Thanks, Daytime Umbreon. I'll call you for all my transparent needs from now on. =D
Here you are!
heegirgirk.png

And no problem! I'm on the computer a lot so I am almost always here...sometimes I am and you don't even know!...since...I'm a guest in all...XD

B

buizel

well, for bladeon it evolves when eevee levels while holding metal powder, while floraeon evolves when eevee learns bite while holding a poison barb

bladeon's abilities are either battle armor (protects against critical hits) or pure power (boosts power of physical attacks)
floraeons abilities are either natural cure (eliminates status upon switching out) or poison point (foe may be poisoned upon contact)

my stuff got deleted too (the post where i said i might sprite my eevolutions that daytime replied do it, i want to see it!!!)... as for learning to sprite...ummm.... i'm self taught ^^; like i said before, i've had to be a quick learner, and usually after seeing something once or twice, i'm capable of producing satisfactory results from it (i'm like kakashi the copy ninja ^^) i just started spriting because i found this site and it looked like fun ^^ this was actually the first time i've ever sprited characters...
oh. hey uh do you just get ideas from other people and make them? or do you just think up random stuff when your bored?

Status
Not open for further replies.