1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

Discussion in 'General Role Play Discussion' started by Crunchy-Cucumber, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Man, you make everything so clear and concise. I am impressed.

Still, if I had Andrew react to how this power was supposed to work, it would have caused his power to trigger and literally murder Lily and Suzy. It's more than just changing the field so to speak, depending on the fear in question.

Still thanks for this explanation :)

2. Nukas

Nukas Previously Kid_Nukas

I think when it has to do with Andrew's fears, the way you dealt with it was perfect.

3. Thanks, xD I try.

Nukas is right, it's a very specific ability, and it actually gives her opponent a lot of flexibility.

You'll need to remember first and foremost, that she's actually turning your Nightmares/Dreams into reality, so the person deciding how much power she can wield is actually you.

She can't, for example, summon a Black Hole if your Nightmare/Dream isn't about a Black Hole.

DarkHydraT, ScorchPlayz and Nukas like this.
  4. ScorchPlayz

ScorchPlayz Previously Nebulix

is the wind wall above toby?

DarkHydraT and Nukas like this.
  5. Nukas

Hydra can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message after the beep... *beep*
    (Hydra won't have wifi for the next couple of days, so he won't really be able to respond)

DarkHydraT and ScorchPlayz like this.
  6. It is like a big tube around him, it is possible to enter the area within the wall but you'd have to fly up quite a ways. I'd say it reaches at most 10 metres in the air, sounds reasonable with his current power

Nukas and ScorchPlayz like this.
  7. *FLIPS TABLE*

Quick! Retcon that! Crap Crap, should've posted faster but I was trying to write a post for Celia as well. @Kid_Nukas I kinda need you to hit Melusine for my plan to work.

ScorchPlayz and DarkHydraT like this.
  8. Hmmm, though the rest of your post is good. No need to change that part. We'll stuff him with a two-pronged attack.

9. Nukas

Will do ASAP

ScorchPlayz, DarkHydraT and kyuukestu like this.
  10. Sankyuu~

So from here on out we're gonna be kinda winging it. I'll leave direct confrontation with Sky to you, and Melusine is going to be wreaking havoc from outside the air bubble.

ScorchPlayz, DarkHydraT and Nukas like this.
  11. Hmmm, I think by year 3 or 4, I'll have Melusine unlock all the abilities currently listed on her bios... they'd be so useful right now ~w~

So parallel thought and her 8 water clones.

I'll probably also do some training for her to increase the toxicity of her bodily fluids.

12. Nukas

Liam: w-wait, you want the k-kid who hasn't f-fought anyone before t-today to attack had on. I'll try, b-but I'm only doing this b-because Melusine was kind t-to me.

That's actually a pretty solid plan, I think it will work out well. I knew I chose my mentor well.

13. Nukas

I think I'll probably just update Liam's bio as he progresses, I kind of just put his base abilities in his bio to start anyway so I think it will work out that way.

ScorchPlayz, DarkHydraT and kyuukestu like this.
  14. It's pretty brazen to be plotting out strategy in the discussion page but I mean meh.

I'm gonna start having Melusine toss some boulders into the air bubble, so we'll need to see if we can set up a decent terrain that's to our advantage. With Liam's power, he'd be able to slip around the boulders without issue. They'll also double as restrictions on the air-flow and shelters for cover, so that'll give us an edge as long as Sky's still going easy on us.

15. Nukas

You know we could delete all these posts and just talk about it in a pm

16. Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, where's the fun in that? It'd be pointless anyway. The scaling for the RP is set so that if any of the teachers were actually serious even several students together would hardly be a match for them. With regards to Rio and Sky, even several teachers aren't their match.

There really isn't much point to secrecy because no amount of planning can overcome an absolute disparity in power -like for example- there is no strategy that saves us from Sky decided to collapse our lungs via manipulation of air pressure.

17. Nukas

*Mentally crying because he didn't realize just how strong Sky was. Then start externally crying* Welp guess I'll die

In all seriousness though since there is basically no way to legitimately get the bell, is there like a set thing where Sky like tones down his power or if we impress him he'll just give us his bell or what. Or if we can grab the bell do we automatically get to keep it or...

18. Yea he's set to not be at full power. All the teachers are. I'm not sure how the rest of teachers are working it. But for Wystria, once she thinks you've proved yourself combat capable by impressing her to a certain degree, she'll straight up hand you a bell.

19. Nukas

That's definitely reassuring, although I feel like Sky's is set to be like 20 times harder than that

20. Just about lol.

Speaking of teachers, I need to create a post for both of mine. I suppose it'll need to be tmrw or some time during the week.

21. Nukas

Wait... I might sound really stupid here, but are Ryker and June not @Godjacob's characters?

22. I've gotten permission prior to auto them in Ry Burst's place while he was away. They were his characters, but so important to the Kevin/Aura/Ryker trio that I could not just drop him from the plot.

He simply took control back.

23. Nukas

Oh ok, I must have joined after he left, I hadn't seen him before. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

ScorchPlayz, DarkHydraT and Godjacob like this.
  24. Yeah, Ryker's my punching bag. And so is June. I just need to find some way to introduce Benjy back into the mix, with his aliens powers and such while I'm at it.

25. Well, Ash/Kendra or Serenity could use something to do. So there is that if you want.

26. I guess I'm gonna have to go and attack one of them. ;)

27. @ScorchPlayz Do you think you could get a post in any time soon? Not wanting to pressure you, just a bit curious. If you need some explanation or something, don't be afraid to ask

28. Nukas

How fast and how deep would y'all say the river is. I'm imagining it's pretty deep in order to be able to fit the air bubble, but I was also wondering if it would be slow enough to swim in or is the current too strong and fast. I feel like Melusine wouldn't be affected either way, but Liam definitely would, and I don't think any post prior gave away such knowledge.

DarkHydraT and Excalibur Queen like this.
  29. Think of it as a deep, but slow-moving river
    Provided the spirit I dragged up keeps it that way

Nukas, DarkHydraT and Excalibur Queen like this.
  30. @ScorchPlayz Not to pressure you or anything, but I kinda want to continue our fight

31. Nukas

Ok just wanted to clear that up before posting thx

Sky5372 and DarkHydraT like this.
  32. So kinda like this RP

33. Yeah
    A really long river

Nukas, Excalibur Queen and DarkHydraT like this.