• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

wait... wyst and sky told them what the exam was about... and for some reason they just had tents on them? I thought godjacob made it seem like they heard what it was about, went to their dorms, and got back with supplies?
That is correct, they went to their dorms and got tents and returned.
Won't Melusine suffer right along side us??
Melusine: *Raises eyebrows with a fish in her mouth*

Name: Kikiro Kozu
Year/Grade: 9
Appearance: Messy black hair; gray eyes; white headband; black and gray tail; mostly humanoid structure; black and gray wings; Gray t-shirt; black jeans and shoes; sharp teeth
Personality: Always likes getting into fight; loyal; nice and comfortable around friends; gets very mad when friends are insulted; prideful
Powers:
Half-Dragon - Has dragon wings to fly around, super strength, super speed, regeneration, black hellfire magic, his skin is made of scales that look like normal skin but are very durable, can make his fingernails turn into claws, heightened senses and more powers waiting to be unlocked.

The red needs to be one of those skills waiting to be unlocked since, if I remember correctly, he can already breathe fire.

The ones in blue need to be a gradual progression. Scale him to Melusine since they have similar power bases. She doesn't have an enormous amount of strength and speed, or even regeneration because she's young. She'll eventually hit the level of Hydra-like strength, speed, and durability, but for now, she's a tiny Snek.

Similarly, he shouldn't be like lifting Trucks with one hand, he's practically a toddler by Dragon standards. It's better to phrase it as Enhanced physical abilities since that's more reasonable. Growing stronger with age or training is the way to go.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'd say his speed would probably be like Melusine's swimming speed?? Not too sure about strength since I can't tell what's too much or too little since I don't really know this RP's scaling

I'd say his speed would probably be like Melusine's swimming speed?? Not too sure about strength since I can't tell what's too much or too little since I don't really know this RP's scaling
Speed on Land or Speed in the Air? Two very different concepts. Melusine is significantly faster in the water than she is on Land.

She was swimming at 20 mph or about 8 meters per second, and that's not her top speed in water :v

To make it relative, the fastest human swimmers are around 4~6 mph.

It's far easier to move through the air than it is to move through water because of water resistance.

To scale, Olympic athletes have clocked at just under 30 mph. So if he's running as fast as Melusine was swimming then he's actually slower than a Human runner :v

OK then I'd say in the air 24mph and land 18mph?

By the way; I have a post ready but I don't know who to target or if I should just not fight people right now.
That's like...super slow by superpower standards. Average speed for a human is like 16 mph.

Everyone is gonna be running laps around you. For running, I'd say around 60~100 km/h is a good start, and for flying 80~120 km/h.

You'd be quite a bit faster than the average human being, but tbh you're still getting woefully eclipsed by the speedsters of the animal kingdom.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
100mph is a bit over 40 meters per second, quite the substantial speed. I'd say start at 80 mph, which is around 30 meters per second.

Flying is fairly solid, though be careful, cause clipping your wings on an object at those speeds won't be pretty.
well that's why he has heightened sense. ok ill stick to my original 80

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I've heard good things about this RP, and I wish to join it, I am aware of is open as a student to join so yeah here is my Bio
Name: Endo Collins
Year/Grade: Junior (11)
Appearance: bright emerald green hair, silver eyes, blue hoodie and purple jeans.
Personality: Anti social, doesn't want to have any kind of emotional attachment so he doesn't have to worry about losing someone. Actually very kind to people but prefers to keep interactions short, being alone and in silence for most of his time gave him a mild temper when people keep talking.
Powers: Pyrokenisis, can create weapons from fire, act as a heat source, is kmmune to any form of fire and extreme heat, such as lava Photokenisis, light manipulation, can convert light into energy to defend attack, self heal, project images, but cannot become pure light yet.
Bio: Started to study to become a hero at a young age as he knew that until he became a hero, he was a danger to society. Intentionally made sure that he got close to no one so that he could A. study in peace and B. endanger no one. Got great grades in school with an A average with a couple of Bs in there as well. Finally he came to be a junior and hopes to graduate soon and protect people.
Current Guardian: Evelyn Collins, his mother, a successful accountant as her son's powers come from his father's side who is presumably saving the world.
I hope that I enjoy this RP, my curiousity has been raised by @Sky5372

Alright basically we were told of the exam earlier, told the exam would begin the next day (to my knowledge) and our characters were allowed a free period to chat/plan for the exam. It was during a slow period in the RP, so I was able to work in a Ryker/Kevin chat and they decided to camp out in front of what they thought would be the exam area before the rug was pulled from all of them and they were shot over a cliff with everyone.