• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

The ghostly dragon walked up to the adult, peering over her shoulder and into the projection of the two bodies. Aurrea had not been able to make out much in the few seconds it took Rio to tap into her vision and go ballistic within the mental coma she was in. Eyes widening at the image from Rio's influence, the heart floating in the dragon's chest flared up in a burst of energy. The dragon cried in surprise, backpedaling and hunched over as if in pain, her hands closing over the heart as she forced the energy back in. Though it was like a magnet, one end positive and the other negative, the two efforts were bouncing against each other, yet Rio was relentless, mentally screaming at Aurrea.
"N-no." Aurrea whispered out loud. "Y-you're not ready..." She gasped as she foolishly let some of the energy slip. Her eyes flashed green.

Last edited:
Wystria quickly took a few steps back more than I little concerned the dragon would make like the headmistress and go BOOM!! Her worries may have been unfounded but it was always better to be safe than sorry. A quick application of her power saw a rush of tendrils leap from her shadow and wrap around her body. Starting from her feet they dyed her body ink-black within seconds, leaving only her piercing eyes. The shadows on her body writhed before taking the form of a sleek set of cloth-based armor.

After determining that she could probably survive the blast if the Dragon went nuclear Wyst approached Aurrea. She knelt next to her and placed her hand gently on the dragon's head.

"Are you ... okay?"

It was quite obvious that Aurrea wasn't but Wyst wasn't quite sure how else to phrase the question.

Candice glanced over at what appeared to be a student, asking a question of what was going on. Oh nothing, just a trio of freshmen lost in a cave and the headmaster in Florida somewhere. All after the school was attacked by a monster resulting in several deaths. Nothing major or anything.

Okay, how to I phrase this so I don't cause panic? The last thing the staff need is word of this getting out and the students begin to panic in mass. Just be vague, yeah that should work...

"Well, it's just, there was an...incident that has been contained. Some students, during the free period, went out to explore. Nothing has happened to them, but I'm just keeping a mechanical eye on them to play it safe." Candice said, hoping that was spoken in a way that wouldn't raise alarm.

Wystria ear twitched as she heard Candice's response in which she basically admitted to stalking students through mechanical means. It would've been considerably more normal if those words had been spoken by a member of staff, but even then it would've been borderline creepy. Or, at least it was in Wyst's opinion. Maybe being a superhero have one the right to openly violate a person's right to privacy, but hey, who was she to judge?

As her thoughts strayed away from her mental mini-rant and returned to the problem at hand she felt a headache coming on. After a brief moment of contemplation, Wystria sighed before turning to Candice,

"Okay, I'll need a map and a very accurate description of their current location. I think for now we should enforce a curfew, at least until everyone calms down a bit. I hope you can handle everything here... I think I'll need to go retrieve our problem children..."

Candice gave a nod at this, and began to work on generating an accurate map of the school along with a projection of the exact path Wystria would need to take to get to them. Soon enough Candice generated a 3-d map projection with directions on one of her wrist watches and she handed over to Wystria.

"Just follow the big red arrow and you'll get to them in no time. And I agree, I admire their resolve but they've been out for a while and should probably be rung in." Candice said in agreement with Wystria.

"Well, a 3D model might have been a bit over the top... Though beggars can't be choosers. Well anyways, I'll leave the students to you, I'll be back in 3 hours tops."

With that said Wystria immediately divided into Candice's shadow, although her ability to travel through shadows made her no faster than a sprint it did however completely eliminate obstructions meaning that she could go anywhere in what was essentially a straight line. It did shave off the few seconds that would be spent going around buildings or the like.

Thus, 10 minutes later, Wystria arrived in front of the caves. She quickly pulled out the Map Candice had given her before confirming that the three dots hadn't moved an inch. That in and of itself was quite unsettling and was exactly why she needed to hurry. Without further ado, she wished herself good luck and dived into the Caves.

As Kevin and the others traveled through the dark tunnel in the cave, Oliver's eyes began to flash read. It's scanners having picked up the presence of someone, or something else.

"We're not alone." Oliver said as Kevin gave a nod, shifting into his partial reptilian transformation as he told Aura and Ryker to ready themselves before he faced the direction of where Oliver explained the signal was coming from. Kevin swallowed his nerves as he prepared for the worst.

Caves were wonderful places for Wystria, the sheer number of shadows cast by the rocks made sure that she could travel almost entirely within the Shadows, never once having to surface. As she closed in on the trio of students, she noticed that they seemed to be getting ready for combat. She was slightly taken back as she didn't quite expect them to have even sensed her approach, much less have time to prepare for it. However, her doubts were quickly put to rest as her eyes fell onto the mechanical avian construct which was staring right at her. Their eyes met (Or whatever counts for eyes on a Mechanical owl, sensors maybe?) and she winked.

Seeing as the students, or at least one of them, appeared combat ready Wyst decided it'd be a good time to assess the quality of these students. After all, if they were that assured in entering the forbidden zone then they must've been confident in their abilities to defend themselves. She'd been itching to bully some students anyways. Though, for the sake of her reputation as staff she naturally couldn't let them discern her identity. Except for the bird, who she'd have to silence later. She smoothly brought her hand up to her face and applied a whispy ink-black fog that distorted her voice and appearance.

Placing her hand against the walls of the cave she began to slowly warp the shadows around them. The shadows directly beneath them rippled like water before they erupted. The shadows quickly took on the form of a 3 separate pairs Jaws, one beneath each student, and attempted to devour them.

Last edited:
Kevin took note of the shadows as Oliver flew away from Kevin's shoulder before Kevin would jump out of the way. Kevin didn't have much time to waste since he noticed those shadow jaws underneath Aura and Ryker.

"Aura! Ryker!"

Without thinking Kevin shoved both his friends out of the path of the shadow jaws before turning to Wystria with a glare.

She tried to take your friends from you. Kill her, make her suffer. She deser...

SHUT UP!

Kevin would shake his head, and try to quell the voice of his inner beast before he charged Wystria looking to deliver a punch right to her jaw.

Wystria stared with a hint of mirth, why the hell would I let you charge up to me?

She snapped her fingers weaving strands of darkness into a spear and thrusting out at the incoming lizard, trying to force him to take distance. At the same time, she commented on his approach,

"If you're going to charge at an opponent it's best not to be so direct about it. Unless of course, you're that confident in closing the distance~"

"Don't lecture me!" Kevin yelled out, his voice cracking a bit as he was forced back due to the dark spears, one of them grazing and cutting into his shoulder. Kevin clutched it, it barley broke through the skin so it only stung at best. Still, he wasn't gonna get close unless he removed the spears.

Could shadows melt? Well Kevin was about to find out as he began to launch a series of acid spits at the shadow spears with the intent to melt them and make a path to try and get close to Wystria.

Wystria hopped to the side as she dodged a splash of acid, she gave a low whistle as she admired the melting rocks and the sizzling of her shadows,

"That's some really potent stuff eh? Would suck to get hit by that~"

She still acted quite frivolously as if she was playing a game rather than fighting an opponent. It was more an attempt to unnerve and/or infuriate the boy, as both mental states would affect his judgment.

"Tsk, Tsk, tsk, hasn't your mother taught you not to spit at people?"

Are you gonna sit there and let her mock you? Actually if you did that wouldn't surprise me. You never had a backbone to speak of...

"Shut up!" Kevin yelled, both to Wystria and the voice of his inner beast as he tied to keep his nerves settled, though that was growing difficult. Oliver look on, wondering what to do in this situation.

Kevin would try wall jumping in an attempt to close the distance between himself and Wystria to try and deliver a kick to the gut.

Wystria mentally praised Kevin's mobility and ability to adapt to the situation. At the very least it showed that he took at least a bit of what she'd said to heart. If she had been unarmed then she might have had a bit of trouble dealing with his wall-jumping, however, seeing as she had a spear she went for the laziest approach and stuck it out into his path. Fully intent on letting him impale himself. She did, however, pay careful attention to where the spear appeared to be pointed, completely determined not to hit any vitals. After all, she was here to capture not kill.

"Gah!"

Kevin fell to the ground, the shadow spear he could not dodge stabbed into the side of his body. Blood dripped as Kevin struggled to get to his feet, shooting a glare at Wystria.

"Kevin!" Oliver cried out, cursing its uselessness right now. Kevin clutched the wound in his side while he tried to catch his breath.

Look you moron, if you don't let me take over she is gonna kill you. Do you want that?

Back off. You'll only make things worse.

Face facts. This girl is out of your league, you need me. You need my power.

I need you to go away!

Then your friends are as good as dead! Do you not see that you idiot!

Kevin got to his feet, his expression of pure rage as he aimed a couple of acid spits on the ceiling above Wystria, trying to melt the rocks and send debris crashing down on top of her.

Noticing the rocks falling from the ceiling Wyst figured this would be her cue to disappear. With a highly suspicious sounding shriek, she was promptly buried by the falling rocks, quite anti-climatically at that. She sunk beneath the waves off her rippling shadow before conveniently resurfacing a few tens of meters away. She then pretended to have just barged into the cave,

"Hey!! Are you kids alright?"

She took a moment to glance at the wound left by her spear and look shocked. However he real thoughts went along the lines of It's just a flesh wound. Not too bad, Candice probably won't question it. She mentally rejoiced that she'd never shown herself capable of using a spear during battle, so even if questioned she could easily pass the blame to another member of her race without seeming suspicious herself, probably. Needless to say, now was the time to put on the most concerned and well-intentioned face she could.

Kevin, still on edge, turned with his fists raised to the newcomer. Though she seemed different that the shadowy figure from before; least in Kevin's mind.

Oliver, was just a tad skeptical. However the owl wouldn't press the issue as he focused on Kevin, who fell to a knee and clutched his bleeding wound.

"I'm fine." Kevin insisted as Oliver flew to Kevin's shoulder.

"You're not a good liar. The wound missed your vitals, but it is causing you pain and the blood loss is not good." Oliver said as Kevin shook his head.

"I'll heal. I've got to check if Aura and Ryker are okay." Kevin insisted, concern for his friends health in spite of the fact he was the one who was in a fight and not them as he went over to check on his friends anyway. Oliver flew off Kevin and towards Wystria.

"Who might you be?" Oliver asked.

As Wystria contemplated her next series of actions she absentmindedly answered the Owl's inquiries,

"Well, officially I'm the school Maid, though seeing as my Masters/Employers are highly irresponsible, and got themselves incapacitated I've taken on the role of Acting Headmistress."

Wystria briefly paused to chuckle as she imagined Sky's face when he'd hear that she'd basically stolen his job. Disregarding that line of thought she continued with her statement,

"I'm here to retrieve a few, particularly troublesome, students so we can restore some semblance of order to the academy."

With a raised eyebrow and a blend of amusement and sarcasm, she usurped the position of inquisitor and questioned,

"...and I don't suppose you were aware this area was out of bounds?"

She imaged she appeared neither intimidating nor authoritative as she was still toting her maid dress and shabbily done DIY cat tail.

Oliver let out a figurative sigh as the woman explained her reasons for being here.

"I figure that much, they seemed to be a magnet for unfortunate events on campus though I do my best to rang them in." Oliver explained, not disagreeing with her assessment that they should probably go back to campus. They'd been at this for a while and had made no progress. Oliver flew over to Kevin and the others.

"We need to head back." Oliver explained as Kevin looked on alarmed at that notion.

"Go back, but we haven't found Aura's parents yet?" Kevin said, not wanting to just give up when they hadn't found any trace of anything yet. Kevin didn't want to just give up on helping his friend.

Wystria shook her head lightly, to see children worry over others was quite the heartwarming act. However, that was all there was to it. In this situation, it was neither practical nor reasonable. Thier impulsive behavior, while cute, could have easily cost all of them their lives and the lives of others. Who knows what else was lurking in these caves, just waiting for the opportunity to escape.

"Sorry kids, but you're going to have to come back regardless. Whatever it is you're trying to do is clearly beyond your ability to handle."

She paused briefly to give the trio of youths a hard stare,

"There's no room for discussion. Though if you're that concerned you can bring it up again at a later date."

She spoke casually but her overall demeanor left no room for discussion.

What the hell does she know about what you can or can't handle? Where was she when students were kidnapped by that cave monster? Or when those hell hounds attacked the campus? Or when that monster Viiper kidnapped and killed kids on campus? This bitch doesn't know a damn th...

Shut up!

In spite of his disagreement with that inner beast, he did have a strong urge to argue against leaving now. However, the rational part of his brain and Oliver's insistence proved to be the stronger force. It was probably better to put the search on hold so they could return to campus and order can be restored at the school. With a sigh Kevin informed Ryker and Aura of this, making a promise that they are not gonna give up and will find her parents but that they should listen to the maid and return to campus. Kevin walked up to Wystria.

"Okay, we're ready to go back." Kevin said, speaking for the group.

Well, that couldn't have gone much better,
Wystria released a breathe she didn't even know she was holding while she gestured for the kids to follow her. She snapped her fingers lightly as a small purple sphere, not even 2 cm in diameter, manifested atop her palm. The light slowly began to ascend before hovering in a fixed position slightly below eye level and approximately 2ft in front of her. While she may have been atrocious at light manipulation simple acts, like creating guide lights such as these, where well within her capabilities.

"Wel then, let's not dilly-dally, shall we?"

She gestured for the trio to walk in front of her, intent on keeping a close eye on them. One could never be too careful around problem children.

Kevin would nod, as he would lead himself, Aura and Ryker as they would begin to walk forward after Wystria would make her gesture. Oliver would also fly back on Kevin's left shoulder, keeping its scanners on the lookout just in case something less friendly than the school maid would come at them.

Thankfully, Oliver scanner's detected nothing.

Suzy was horrified. She didn't know what to think of the situation. That freshman kid looked quick and agile, but the grown adult was even stronger. And, Suzy was able to hear every single thought that Kevin had. In her spirit form, she is basically in another plane, in this plane she is able to dwell into the human mind much easier. The thoughts that Kevin had were horrifying, and Suzy was wondering what they were all about. What. The. FU...... *The world then goes blank*

"CK," Suzy said, as she appeared to be back in her original body. Looks like the time limit I have is over. Suzy still couldn't believe it. This school had a much darker side to it then she thought. She isn't nearly as capable as most of these students. She really should just leave.

Suzy then remembered, she had Lily and Andrew's numbers on her phone. She had already messed up a lot of things with them. Suzy decided to text Lily, "Hey, Lily. Could you come over to my dorm please?" Suzy thought if she was going to leave, that she should just talk to Lily and Andrew to fix things between all of them, and to tell someone else of what she had just witnessed.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily felt her phone vibrate and check to see a text message from Suzy asking her to come to the dorm. Lily would quickly reply with "sure thing" before she set her phone aside and grabbed Andrew by the arm.

"Alright, Suzy wants to talk to me. And when she says mean, it means we. Let's go." Lily said as Andrew let out a reluctant sigh before the two would make their way to Suzy's dorm and knock on her door.

Suzy heard the knock on her dorm rooms door, and went up to open it. She looked at Lily and Andrew, and said, "Please, come in."

Suzy then had both fellow students sit down. Suzy sighed a little, and sat down herself. She stared at the two, and then said, "Before I tell you both why I brought you here, I would like to know something; Are either of you mad at me?" Suzy felt like a little kid saying this, but she didn't want her conversation to mean nothing if either of the two were mad at her.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Mad? No, we're not mad. Don't ever think we're mad at you. In spite of...how some of us present ourselves." Lily said as she glanced at Andrew, one the two had taken their seats, before he faced Suzy.

"She is right that I'm not upset. A little forewarning next time you do that, but I don't hold grudges. No what I am is curious...I assume you've been tailing that freshmen trio?" Andrew asked, as while he had not known them personally Lily had interacted with them before and their reputation had began to get some word of mouth around campus.

"I'm glad to hear that you guy's aren't mad at me," Suzy said with relief, "And I'm sorry for using my power on you, Andrew."

Suzy then heard Andrew's question, and replied with, "Yes, I have been following them. That is actually one of the reasons of why I called you two in here." Suzy breathed in heavily, and then breathed out, trying to relax her nerves. "Those freshmen aren't anything from what I've ever seen. There powers are exponentially powerful, or at least from the two of them I've been able to observe. They found this cave or something inside the school, saying they were searching for one of the trio's parents. They weren't able to find anything, until, what I assume is a teacher, came. This one kid, Kevin I think his name was from reading his thoughts, was getting angry for some reason, and he then started having these strange thoughts. I won't go into detail of what the thoughts were, but they were so sickening to my stomach. Kevin and the teacher then engaged in combat. Kevin was extremely quick and agile, but the teacher looked like she was just playing around with Kevin. The teacher then struck a spear at Kevin, which really shocked me. The fight ended immediately, and the teacher then had like some sort of weird personality change, and they all headed out of the cave. I was in complete awe-struck of what had just happened, but then the time limit I have for my spirit form ran out, and I was sent back to my body."

Suzy then stood there silently, and then decided to speak. She said, "So, I've decided to leave this school. I can't handle all this intensity, I'm not up to become a hero. I don't care what you, my aunt, or even my parents have to say." Suzy then started teering up. "I'm...I'M WEAK! I don't have anything special! I'm not physically strong or brave! I don't have any quality to become a hero! I just run away and hide from any intense situation! It's how I've always beens!"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily couldn't help but frown at Suzy as she broke down, it felt sad to see someone on their breaking point. Each word, each self jab was a shot through Lily's heart. While Lily had not known Suzy for very long, she had grown to like the girl and knew she had to say something. So without a second thought Lily got up to give Suzy a hug.

"You know, someone else being "strong" doesn't make you weak. Those three freshmen are oddballs on campus, having inner strength that most seniors lack. Even if it doesn't come with a lot of sense. And I don't think of you as weak, and I do see someone who could become a great hero. However, not everyone becomes a hero overnight. This is a school, and the entire point is to learn how to become the hero we can be. Believe it or not you actually remind me a lot about me when I first got here." Lily said with a smile.

Suzy couldn't help but cry even more as soon as Lily went and hugged her. Suzy really did need some encouragement, but...she then pushed Lily aside (not aggresively, but still enough to break the bond).

Suzy's sadness was getting to her, and she wasn't thinking straight. She then said, "I'm not sad because those freshmen are stronger then me. I know that there well always be someone stronger, smarter, better at anything, then me. It's just how it is. I'm like this because... I don't have any trust in this school! This place is so dangerous, it's crazy! Hell-hounds! Monsters! Kids being eaten alive! Lost parents! A student having stange thoughts! A teacher stabbing a student! Those are all things I've heard about or seen with my own eyes! On the first of day of school nonetheless! I'm not strong enough to deal with all of this! And if I can't deal with this, how am I suppose to deal with stuff as a hero!" Suzy couldn't help but cry, her tears were basically like a waterfall, they couldn't stop and there were a ton of tears.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"I know this school doesn't seem like...the safest place in the world. But these incidents are very, very out of character for the facility. And even so, to an extend, it's very much like life. It will not always be easy, and there are gonna be issues beyond our control. It can be hard, and can be scary. However, running away from it is never the answer, nor is facing it alone. Those freshmen jump into those situations together, and we as students and staff work together to help each other overcome seemingly. You may not be strong enough to be totally accepting of what has happened here, but no one is asking you to be. We are strong together, and we can help each other grow in strength; so that we will be ready to deal with these terrifying situations." Lily said, taking a moment to catch her breath before she continued.

"I can't force you to stay. If you really want to leave, I won't stop you. However, I do believe you can grow to be that fine hero. And this school and students can help you become that hero I know you want to be. And just know that I will always be here for you. To help you, to hang out with you and make sure you have someone to help you deal with the insanity of all this when it comes. Just know I do believe you have the strength to overcome this, to rise above and become a great hero." Lily said, speaking from the heart.

Suzy couldn't help but cry even more and fall unto her knees. Lily's words were very encouraging. Suzy, still not being able to think straight, ran over towards Lily and hugged her. She started bawling, and rubbing her tears all over Lily.

After a while, Suzy calmed down. Suzy then said, "Thank you. I'm not leaving! I'll stay here, and improve myself as a person! For you and my family!" Suzy then stated, "Lily, you really remind me of my mother. And...it's really comforting."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily smiled at this, returning the hug.

"I'm happy to hear that. I believe in you, and will support you every step of the way." Lily said as she allowed Suzy to let out her emotions, not the least bit upset.

Andrew had glanced away from it, the image reminding him to much of what he never had. What his powers had denied him. Andrew wasn't gonna hold it against them, they were just having a moment, but still it wasn't easy knowing he had never had anyone to open up to like this.

"You said something about a student with strange thoughts?" Andrew asked Suzy, having certain suspicions concerning one of the freshmen and seeing Suzy's account as a chance to figure out an answer.

Last edited:
Suzy started wiping her tears, and then looked at Andrew. "I'm not exactly 100 percent certain, but," Suzy replied, "I heard a different voice inside this Kevin kid's head. It was saying something like '*growl* let me possess your body to do evil stuff! blah blah blah!' I'm sorry, I'm not good at explaining things."

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"A different voice?" Suzy asked as Andrew thought this information over before he would respond.

"I think this Kevin kid is screwed up in the head. Tell me Lily when the Hell Hounds attacked you saw that lizard beast fight them right?" Andrew asked, having caught a glimpse of the action before he was sent to the evacuation area with the other students. Lily was closer to the action that he was, so her imput was vital.

"Yes, during that attack of the Hell Hounds a humanoid lizard monster fought them. Before long one of the freshmen, Aura I think her name was, confront it and..." Lily said before her eyes widened.

"Y-you don't think..." Lily said as Andrew simply gave a nod.

"I think that Kevin kid has a monster inside him." Andrew said.

Suzy heard what Lily and Andrew had to say.

Suzy then stated, "If that's the case, then...maybe I could help him. If this monster inside him has a soul, I could manipulate it out of Kevin's body. I can...I can actually help someone."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Really? That would be great! You are already thinking like a hero." Lily said with a smile, showing some pride in Suzy. Kevin was one of those kids who got in situations over his head. Kevin put himself at risk for the school multiple times (Even when Lily had spoken against it).

Helping him would be a great way to say thanks for their efforts.

"Are you so sure he'd accept our help?" Andrew asked, being the skeptic.

Suzy couldn't help but blush and smile as Lily complimented her, "It's nothing, really." Suzy then looked at Andrew, and replied, "I'm not sure, and I don't really have a way to contact him. I think we should leave this for tomorrow. I think we all had a big (big being an under-statement) day, and deserve some rest."

Suzy then escorted Lily and Andrew out of her room, and said, "Goodbye, I'll see you both tomorrow."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily and Andrew turned to Suzy and gave a nod, Lily having a smile on her face.

"Goodbye, see you tomorrow." Lily said before she and Andrew left to go back to their own dorms. Today had been a big day, and they could all use the rest.

Hopefully tomorrow would bring with it less insanity.

Still unconscious, his Core going into hibernation to preserve what energy he had left once his instincts had realised that since he was still grounded, he wasn't going to recover his power, Sky sent out one small pulse of energy along his bond-a distress signal, before he became fully dormant. Of course, on the physical side, none of this was visible.