• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Before Andrew could respond he suddenly felt this cold sensation wash over his body. The next moment Andrew found himself in the air...as some weird ghost...looking at his body from the outside...

What the hell is this!?

Lily was naturally confused to see Andrew speaking...different. It was the same voice but the tone was off.

S...Suzy?

Before she could respond Andrew's body shook in place before he blinked as his spirit re-entered his body. Andrew had...a lot of questions, but once he understood what happened...

"Told you." Andrew replied as Lily let out a sigh.

Darn it Suzy, not he's never gonna let me live this down...

Suzy sighed, and then thought, I just hope I didn't make the situation worse.

Suzy then started to fly towards to where the group of freshman were at. And when she arrived....one of the freshman was getting ready to punch a wall!?

What the heck are they doing!? This is crazy!

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Cade was intrigued with the school, He had seen the training room which would be pointless for him since his power is the power to enhance others. Cade was returning to his dorm when he looked to the dorm to the left of his to find it was locked. Cade stared at the dorm.

"Maybe I shouldn't go over there..."

As Cade walked through the dorm he began relaxing. Well, he was until he heard her.

"Hello Cade, It's nice to see your finally somewhere far away from your Father and closer to me,"
A voice in Cade's head spoke. Cade was confused.

"I didn't say that. No one was around so it must have been..."

"Telepathy? Cade, You know it's rude not to reply to people when they are talking to you. Anyway, I need to go now, Have fun at CoDA!"

"
Who are you and how do you know me?" Cade tried to say back. Fortunately, She heard.

"Wow, Your Dad really does want to hide me, I've known you since you were born and I've watched you grow up, I need to go now, so bye!"

That was the last he heard from her. He kept trying to reach her but it was like she gave him the ability to talk to her when they were communicating. Cade sat on his bed. He was confused. His eyes turned to brown (His regular eye colour) as he thought of what to do about it.

Last edited:
Aura stood back, preparing for Ryker to break the wall. She summoned her sword, taking a brief second to admire it's updated appearance. She held it out in front of her, tears stinging her eyes. Th- this could be it.

"Okay. Bonzai!" Ryker shouted as his fist rocketed forward. With a splinter and a crack the wall began to split in multiple directions. Then it collapsed, sending dust in all direction, that clouded Ryker's vision.

"Wagh, hey, Aura's parents. You guys there?" Ryker asked covering his mouth from the dust.

Suzy looked at the freshman in awe. Woah! He has this kind of power!? No wonder he was able to fight with a monster!

But then Suzy heard him say something about...."Aura's parents?" Who is Aura? Is she one of the members in the group, or another person? And why do they care about her parents? Might they be hostages? I guess I'll have to listen to them more.

As the smoke filled Kevin's vision, he'd begin to shift into her partial transformation; his skin was soon covered in scales and his eyes became reptilian as he prepared for whatever was hidden by this smoke. Kevin remained next to Aura during all this and Oliver remained on his shoulder.

If your parents are there, we will save them. I promise.

A long, dark, small tunnel was behind the wall, footprints in the dirt. Aura stepped forward and went inside the tunnel. It was claustrophobic, but she could deal. She turned to Kevin and Ryker, "You guys don't have to come, I don't want to put you in danger" She told them, underneath she'd rather they come, but it would put them in danger for a problem that was hers, not theirs.

"What, and let you go alone. Not a chance." Kevin said as he declined on Aura's offer for them to walk away without a second thought. The old Kevin would have been scared, but he had face his fears over and over again for his friends. He wasn't gonna walk away now.

"I'd say we wait for help to arrive, but I know you three well enough by now to know that won't happen." Oliver said, the mechanical owl aware Kevin would say that and already guessing what Ryker's response would be.

"We should go in formation," Ryker said, raising a finger. "Think about it. Kev, you take the lead, considering you have night vision or whatever. Aura you follow, and you can protect either one of us with ice, and I'll stay in the back guarding our rear."

He gave thumbs up and said, "Besides, you already knew I was going. I mean C'mon. A rescue mission through a tunnel. That sounds like it will be the makings of a fun fight."

"Okay! Sounds like a plan" Aura said. "Lead the way sir" She said in her fanciest voice to Kevin. She was trying to get in some humor, she didn't want to die a panicked sobbing mess.

You know, in case they did die.

Kevin smiled at Aura's light hearted humor, it was what was needed in this situation, before he took the lead position in Ryker's formation. Kevin made sure all his senses were in top form as he waited for the others to get in position.

Suzy decided to follow the group inside the wall, or whatever it was.

The inside was really dark, but, thanks to Suzy's spiritual light, she could see just fine.

So, what will they do if the find "Suzy's parents"? I don't know myself, but I hope these guys aren't bad people...and I especially hope there isn't anything bad inside of here.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well if she isn't meditating, what is she doing?" Lily would ask Andrew as she came to accept that Suzy was not just meditating, though she felt she wasn't doing anything wrong. Andrew thought it over.

"Well, when she...possessed me. I became this weird spirit thing. Maybe she's that right now, flying around campus with no one around to see." Andrew said as Lily gave a nod, that sounded reasonable.

"So, she could be anywhere right now? Great." Lily said to herself as Andrew thought the situation over before an idea entered his head.

"Maybe she went to go see these "special" freshmen you talked about." Andrew suggested as Lily gave a nod, that seemed reasonable, before she grabbed Andrew by the collar and began to lead him around campus to try and find them.

Ryker stepped into his position, and cracked his knuckles. "Let me know if things get fun up front, and Ill get in there to kick some butt." He said grinning. "Okay team. let's head out. The sooner we get in there and figure out what's going on, the sooner we can eat." And right on time, after Ryker said this, his stomach gave a loud audible growl.

Aura quickly covered her mouth, trying to hold in her laughter, but she couldn't help it. She laughed at hearing Ryker and sighed. "God, I haven't had a proper meal for a while." She said, "One of the many things on my to-do list"

"Alright, you guys ready?" Kevin asked as he faced the dark tunnel ahead, his senses on full alert while Oliver in urn prepared to switch his scanners on. No telling what waited for them, but Kevin was ready for anything.

No matter what we face, we can deal with it. Together...

Sky frowned, now back at their house and looking out onto the horizon. With Rio out of action, and a few teachers covering him at the moment, there really wasn't a ton for him to do. Through his "Sixth sense (or third, depending on how you see it)", he noticed that an area somewhere to the northwest, what the humans had called Florida, had not had anything significant happen in a while. And, well, that was Sky's old pastime, keeping the local atmospheric pressure high, wiping out settlements that were harmful to the environment and him, that kind of stuff. Also, quite simply, he was bored

Sky flew higher up into the air, clouds beginning to darken and form above him as he focused his power into forming the storm. But something felt... Off. A lack of something, it was just that he couldn't figure out what. Dismissing it as just a random notion, he continued to pour his energy into the hurricane.

As he was about to complete the vortex and send it on its way, something happened. A sudden jolt of weaknesses ran through him, and Sky began to drop towards the ground, shifting into his natural form somewhere along the way, and hitting the earth at a jolt. Waves of feedback were shuddering through the link between his Core and Rio's heart, and so little energy left in Sky that he could barely move. So he just lay on the ground, pain being all he could feel at that point. By all rights he should have blacked out, but unfortunately, he didn't have the physical capacity to. Blacking out is a physical response to pain, and he simply didn't have that built into him. Unconsciousness for an air spirit is pretty rare, and never good, since it involves dampening the Core until there isn't enough power left to keep the spirit aware. So yes, Sky was forced to stay conscious whilst lying on the ground, experiencing an unbelievable amount of pain whilst not having enough energy to move. A single word managed to form its way through everything, which was spoken in almost a whisper before the air spirit curled up in an ethereal ball. "Rio..."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"So she's a ghost and we can't see her?"

"Based on the short time my soul left my body, yes."

Lily and Andrew had been searching around for any clues as to where Suzy could be. Well, her body as back at her dorm, but where her spirit was now that was a different matter. Based on Andrew's experience, Suzy's spirit was floating around somewhere; likely to explore. However, they couldn't see it so finding her would be quite the challenge.

"Where do you think she'd fly off to?" Andrew asked Lily, who in turn put a hand to the chin to think it over.

"Maybe she went to see those freshmen I talked about, out of curiosity. And if I know them, they probably are not on campus. Follow me." Lily said as she would begin to lead Andrew down the hall to try and find the freshmen and hopefully a certain spectral observer.

During Kevin's search, Candice McKnight had been flying her drones around campus and the surrounding area in an effort to widen the search for Aura's missing parents. So far, the drones had come away with nothing.

Really nothing more I can do. I could go see how Kevin is doing, but he probably wants some alone time with his friends. Still...

Candice would order one of her search drones back before sending it in the direction of where Kevin and Aura walked off to.

No reason I can't get a peak at what they're doing. Maybe they found something.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
As Lily and Andrew walked through & out of campus on their search for Suzy, they come agree Kevin's mother Candice McKnight examining some wrist monitor.

"Oh, I think that's one of those freshmen's trios mothers. Maybe she knows where they are." Lily said to herself as she began to walk over towards Candice, Andrew following right behind her.

"Hey, your Kevin's mom right?" Lily asked as she and Andrew approached Candice.

Candice switched her focus from her monitor to the sound of a voice as she glanced over and saw one of the older students who was with Kevin and his friends during Viiper's attack. There was also another student who she did not recognize right beside the girl.

"Indeed I am. And you must be one of the older students. I don't believe we've had a proper introduction. I am Ms. McKnight, but you can call me Candice. Or by my hero name the Cyber Champion if you wish. Nice to meet you." Candice said with a smile to the pair.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Nice to meet you. My name is Lily, and this is..." Lily said, giving a light elbow to the disinterested Andrew who let out a sigh as he faced Candice.

"...Andrew." Andrew replied as Lily quickly decided to change topics as she had taken note of the wrist monitor Candice was previously observing.

"I apologize if I come off as nosy, but what are you looking at?" Lily asked.

Aurrea had thought that things were finally getting back on track for the first day of school. Hell, it is only the first day she thought to herself in shock, sifting through paperwork, getting everything ready to... send unfortunate notes to parents, ignoring a whisper in the back of her mind. That is, she did ignore it up until, even in her ghostly form, she doubled up in pain as the heart floating in her chest pulsed with life, sending a bright orange flash and a blast of heat all around her. The spike ended as quickly as it came, thanks to Aurrea sealing the energy into the heart after it attempted to escape. The entire island could have felt that drastic shift in energy if she didn't stop Rio. You're still healing Aurrea projected into her thoughts, and of course, something akin to a mental growl of disapproval, which was really just another energy spike, flashed through Aurrea's being. Aurrea swiftly exited the building, feeling it would be safer to be outside should her energy spike again. Plus, she'd be more likely to contact the best source of help.

Which was nowhere to be found. Sky was beyong Aurrea's mental reach. She would consult Rio, but opening a mental pathway to her was likely to let her escape easier before she was ready. She floated around the island, trying to hide her worry (and keep Rio from escaping). She happened to find Candance down below. She was reliable, Aurrea figured. Shifting her ghost form to something more anthro, she walked up to the woman and the kids near her. "You wouldn't know where Headmaster Sky may have gone off to?" Aurrea coughed, hiding the strain in her voice, though Rio was stubborn, and the heart flickered faster than a blink.

Candice had been about to answer Lily's question when she saw Aurrea arrive and ask for the whereabouts to the headmaster. Candice frowned at this as she thought it over for a moment.

"No, once we separated I had no idea where he went to. I had been using my drones to try and track a pair of possible missing parents to one of the students, but maybe I can use them to try and find Sky." Candice offered, as she immediately went to her wrist monitor to show different camera to the different drones scattered throughout campus and its outskirts.

Aurrea nodded thankfull, grimacing slightly. "Sky isn't on the island, nor is he near Hawaii, which is nearest here. I can barely sense anything along the coast of California, which is as far as my senses with him can reach. He could be anywhere, though looking for extreme weather patterns is usually a good way of finding him." Aurrea informed, noting how if Rio was in commission, Sky would have been located in seconds. The hear in her chest flashed, Rio seemed to scream at her companion to gain her attention. Aurrea shut her out, hoping the younger human would cease and calm down, go back to resting like she should.

Candice nodded as she began to check for extreme weather patterns, much to Aurrea's suggestion, and found reports of a vortex formation in Florida and felt that was a good a lead as any.

"Well, I'll have a pair of long range drones check the Florida coast. Seems like a sudden vortex had began to form there. Hopefully I'm lucky today and Sky will be there." Candice said as she sent a pair of long range drones away from the island as they began to make their way to Florida to try and find Sky.

"Game On." Ryker said cracking his knuckles ad giving a half cocked grin. He was a bit nervous, but overall ready to rock. He glanced down to the gauntlet that June gave him. He wsn' rally sure how it would effect his fighting capablilites. He didn''t want to break it or anything. Then she would like him for sure.

Kevin gave a nod as he would begin to lead their little party into the unknown. Kevin made sure his senses were on full alert, his eyes able to scan the darkness as Oliver also had its scanners that would hopefully allow it to pick up anything in advance. Kevin was nervous, but he swallowed that fear. He had to, for Aura's sake.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Lily watched as Candice's drones search for Sky, quite all the while as the search for Suzy and the freshmen was put on hold for a moment.

Andrew also just watched and said nothing, knowing there wasn't anything he could do anyway.

Wystria had been, for lack of a better word, quite bored recently. Ever since the whole 'Man-Eating Monsters Attacking the School' she hadn't had much to do, or clean since the school was in a state of low activity. It was quite unsettling as it defeated the purpose of her working here in the first place. These days she idly wandered the hallways while doing nothing in particular. In one such aimless journey Wystria noticed a few students talking to an adult whom she was confident wasn't a member of staff. She somewhat recalled the Students being Lily, and Andrew, and their companion being the Cyber Champion, Candice McKnight.

With her now stoked curious Wystria made her way over to the trio, which she now realized was in fact a quartet as the Acting Headmistress, and Draconic partner of the injured Headmistress was also present. Her gaze drifted from students to pro-hero to dragon, before finally settling on the latter.

"And what matter could have popped up to capture the attention of such an Odd grouping, may I ask?"

Candice glanced over and saw Wystria ask about what was going on. Candice had to admit, she could not recall the name of the woman but that was no reason to leave her in the dark.

"Well, our headmaster has gone missing. Sources tell me he is by a storm, and I tracked one on the coast of Florida. Trying to find him now." Candice explained as she glanced back at her wrist monitor.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"There's also some freshmen kids we are looking for. We believe a new friend of ours is tagging them. Though naturally finding Sky is more important." Lily added, thinking only Sky's life was at stake. Not aware of the fate of Aura's parents.

Then again, no one was...

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
He remained silent. He was always silent, unless he had something to say. The teen had always enjoyed philosophical words of wisdom, and one he took to heart...
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
A quote from Plato. But as Toby sat here, he could sense spikes in energy, mental energy. Someone using their powers, which had become a familiar feeling to him, having been here for nearly a month after the transfer. He'd mostly stayed out of social interactions with any other powered beings, a request from his father.
"Don't get involved with anyone. Only focus on your school work, and that's it."
Toby frowned slightly as he continued his brisk pace to the school building. It loomed before him impressively, in all It's grandeur. This would be different, as Toby had only been involved in public schools before, not something special for special people like him.
The transfer had only completed yesterday, meaning Toby was now free to go to school, as a registered student. He didn't know what to expect. Bullies were one thing, but a bully empowered with cosmic abilities? Maybe there wouldn't be those. Maybe the powered people would be more intelligent than the kids Toby had encountered in public settings.
While Toby may be extremely aware of most things, he had no idea what he was getting himself into by simply walking through the front doors.
The whole new world that had just opened up before him.
He remained silent.

Wystria frowned as she mulled over Candice's statement, her brow furrowed as she considered what could have caused a millennia old ball of wind to go missing? Worrying, however, was a pointless action that accomplished little to nothing. On the other hand she briefly questioned why the pair of students would seek out a pro-hero and the headmistress' dragon just to look for their friends. It didn't quite add up, but judging from how casually they were acting it didn't sound like a pressing matter. Turning her attention towards Aurrea Wyst questioned;

"Could it be another one of your old rivals? A repeat of Viiper?"

Aurrea gently shook her head. "No. Viiper was our one constant. Any other mobs or gangs were quickly exterminated by Rio. Two centuries ago, when Rio was around, things were bloody, and hardly any super powered people had the balls to be heroes. Even fewer were good at the job, like her. Rio's methods were questionable, but she got the job done, and saved thousands of people time and time again. Mostly from Viiper, thought that's not to say she was a vigilante for nothing. Of course, any enemies that tried to stop her were never heard from again for... obvious reasons." Aurrea sighed gently, tense as Rio doubled her efforts to wake up. The dragon's ghostly claws covered her heart, trying to hide that annoying flicker.

Halt was racing through a evergreen forest in Florida. An amphibious creature was chasing him through the water. As he ran, he used his powers to throw rocks at it. But no matter what, it kept missing. Suddenly, the beast launched out of the water, reveling a fish-like creature with large teath, and long fins. As it flew at it, Halt raised his arm, causing a chunk of ground to fly up, and knock it down onto the ground. He quickly smashed it, using another rock, and raced away from the strange forest to excape the creatures.

A while later, he was walking around an open field. He was able to excape the evergreen without another monster attack. But as he was walking, he noticed a strange form on the ground. Cautious for another monster, he pulled out his machete. But as he walked over, Halt noticed that the form was a person, looking like it was just knocked out. Reaching out to shake it awake, a barrier stopped him from reaching it. "The heck?" Halt said, and picked up a small pebble, and threw it at the barrier, and saw that it went right through it. He then reached again, but summoned the ground as he did, and placed his hand on the barrier. Soon, he pushed his hand through the shell, and reached out to the person. At the first touch, he felt pain all over his body. Knowing he may black out, he forced all his strength to subdue the attack on the person and now himself. Once he shoved all his power into it, the force dissipated, and Halt blacked out from the overuse of his powers, and fell, laying next to the person he tried to save.

Candice continued to monitor the drones when she stumbled upon what appeared to be a couple of bodies. Could that be Sky? And if so who was the other one. Candice would fly the drone in that area closer to them as she turned to Aurrea.

"Just to double check, but I think that's Sky. If so could you confirm?" Candice asked Aurrea as she had the drone project a view of both unconscious bodies. At least, Candice hoped they were just unconscious...

Wystria perked up as she heard mention of Sky and quickly redirected her attention to the projected image. She faintly remembered Candice saying she'd tracked Sky to the coast of Florida.

"Umm..?, How fast are those drones exactly?"

To have gone from their current location to the coast of Florida in little to no time meant these drones were putting out some serious speed. That or Sky had been tagged and followed from the moment he'd left. Though considering Sky's hatred for technology, Wyst doubted he'd have turned a blind eye to any sort of drone.

"These babies put most jets to shame, all thanks to my specialized miniature hyper engines." Candice said with a big grin, not getting into the specifics about how fast they could go and their function as she focused on trying to get a good image of the body to see if it was Sky. Finding the headmaster was more important than boasting.