• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

"I got partnered with Oliver," Ryker moaned as he came to a halt outside the tunnels, as he noticed Oliver was by him. "Please don't be a hater. Robot Owl bird thing. Sorry, but I still can't get over the fact your Kev's robot AI owl babysitter. I mean no offense by it." Ryker said trying to be polite. But if this bird messed with him, while he was fighting, he might would have to knock a few screws loose. "Okay, so let's head North along the tunnels, heading inside it." He said aloud sliding into the tunnel.

As June walked she looked at Yuri. "So, what grade are you in? I'm a freshman along with my brother." June asked, trying to make polite conversation.

Aurrea swiftly turned, papers flying into the air in her surprise, the ghostly dragon flickering out of existence for a few moments before the heart floated in front of Suzy and Aurrea rematerialized. "Ah, sorry miss Suzy. Gave me quite the startle! Ahem..." She frowned gently. "I'm afraid that Headmistress Rio, my companion, is currently in a magically induced coma as of now." The dragon's claw tapped the glowing gem floating in her chest, which thrummed in response to her tap. "Which makes me the fill in, Headmistress, I believe. Well, Suzy Parks, I am Aurrea, your vice principle here at CoDA. I would offer to shake your hand, but seeing as I am a ghost made of energy and magic I don't think that would work very well would it?" Aurrea grinned softly.

"Well, enough blather. You're probably confused so I'll walk you through the ropes here." The red dragon motioned the new student over to the desks, where the dragon handed her a pen (telepathically of course). "I hate having to ask this of you, but I can only make things float, so I'll need you to write down what I tell you on these papers to get everything in order. It's simple, checking boxes if you will, but the papers are official when Rio or Sky sign these, luckily the Headmistress has a signature stamp, but enough of that." Aurrea then carefully relayed the information to Suzy, wanting to calmly and quickly get the new girl registered. The day had been tasking enough, and having to deal with everything else was going to threaten to give Aurrea a magical migrane.

"Look I don't exactly admire being partnered with you. However someone has to try to stop you from doing something comically suicidal. And for the record I prefer the term "guardian" over "babysitter" and more importantly is "hater" actually a word people your age use?" Oliver stated as he landed on Ryker's shoulder.

"And making threats is not the best way to get this partnership going. We need effective communication. So just consider my advice and everything will be fine. Now let's go to those tunnels." Oliver added.

Yuki gave a smile as she faced June.

"I'm a freshmen as well." Yuki answered.

Ryker rolled his eyes as he entered the tunnels. "And I prefer the phrase comically heroic. Now if you don't mind me asking, do you have any way of lighting these tunnels on your own. I have a flashlight, but it's buried at the bottom of my backpack. Maybe you have robot flashlight eyes?" Ryker suggested as he stode deeper into the darkness.

"That's pretty cool. Well it's nice to meet you. And I've been meaning to ask, but please don't be embarrassed. Do you have a crush on Kevin or something? Im just curious, because you always seem to follow him around. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." June said to Yuki as they neared the tunnels. On the distant, she could faintly hear Ryker's and Oliver's bickering. She held back a laugh as she waited for Yuki's response.

Suzy nodded, and started checking boxes left and right, and wrote down whatever Ms. Aurrea told her.

After some time, it seemed like Suzy had finished with the registration. "I think I've finished now, Ms. Aurrea," Suzy said, "What now?"

"We just need to smash a few buttons on the computer's keyboard and get your schedule and ID spit out of the printers in the back." Aurrea chuckled, using her magic to push keys on the keyboard and then tapping the enter key. A distant sound came from two printers, and eventually out came a little plastic ID and a slip of paper. "The dorms are fingerprint locked, so just put your hand on this pad here while I find an open bed for you. After that, just head off for whatever class should be in session now, although, with everything that has happened today, I won't hold it against you if you hang out in your dorm or around campus, I doubt many of our classes are in session, unfortunately." The dragon sighed, levitating the ID and schedule over to Suzy. "If you happen to have any questions or concerns, feel free to stop by... I'll just be suffering through more paperwork that my no good companion Rio just left behind for me to deal with."

Oliver in turn responded by rolling its eyes as it turned on its high beam lights and began to illuminate the cave. Oliver also had his scanners on in the event to ensure that their blind spots were covered. In theory.

Yuki stopped in her tracks as she faced June with what her eyes wide.

"C-crush? N-no. I mean, I haven't been following Kevin around that much...have I?" Yuki asked, as she seemed to be thinking June's revelation over.

Aura took Sammy to the nurse's office and then, reluctantly, left. She hated to leave Sammy, but every second she wasted, could've been used looking for her parents.

Aura stood at the front of the cave, she gulped. The others had all been in here before, but she hadn't. A single tear roles down her cheek, she let it fall onto her shoulder. She looked back towards the school, wondering where Kevin was. A thought came into her mind which made her let out a small laugh, how Sammy had always teased her about any boy she'd ever been friends with. She wondered why she'd never done it about Kevin, maybe she'd grown out of it. She doubted that was it though, Sammy never grew out of anything. Another tear fell, a tear of joy and sadness and fear.

She just let it fall.

Kevin came running from the school towards Aura at the entrance of the cave. Kevin had a little device in his hand that would allow them to track Oliver. Course, his mother had to have an extended goodbye to make him a little late to meet Aura. Kevin set those thoughts as he ran up next to Aura.

"Sorry I'm late. Though this little thing should help us find Ryker and Oliver." Kevin said to Aura with a sheepish grin as he held the scanner in his hand.

"Yeah, kinda scary but we'll be okay." Kevin said before he shifted into his partial transformation. He gave a look of reassurance to Aura.

"My reptilian eyes can see in the darkness. Just stay close to me and I'll lead us to Ryker and Oliver." Kevin explained as he held out his hand for Aura to grab so she could stay close to him.

Aura rushed over to Kevin and clung at his arm. There was something so... Frightening about the cave. That pit of darkness seemed to go on... Forever!

Seeing as most of the remaining students had left for the caves, Sky chose to head back to his office. His ethereal form flowing into a corridor, Sky heard voices, and entered his shared office to see a girl and a dragon speaking to each other. You know, the usual. Sky's voice came from seemingly nowhere, not really being bothered to switch his form. "Oh, cool, we got a new student. What's your name?" He asked, the breeze that manifested him at the time running through her hair, then decided to stay relatively still by hovering next to Aurrea

Kevin began to move forward with Aura clung to his arm. Kevin wasn't prepared for it, as a tiny almost invisible blush showed, but it quickly faded as Kevin would walk them through the cave. Kevin's reptilian eyes could navigate without issue and he followed the scanner towards where Ryker and Oliver might be.

Still, doesn't make this place any less creepy...

Suzy felt the breeze going through her hair, but didn't see anything. She then had a panicked look on her face.

What was that!? A ghost! No, it couldn't be a ghost. With my power I'm able to see anyone's soul, so....

Suzy decided to respond to the breeze, and said, "Uh....my name is Suzy Parks. And may I ask, who are you?"

"The name's Sky. Headmaster of this school, along with Rio. And you must have been the transfer (I think? I'll edit that out if I'm wrong) that I was told about. The soul-watcher, if I am not mistaken, which I am sure isn't the case. Any questions about anything, or anyone, on this island, I'd be happy to answer." Sky replied, doing a quick lap of the room (but, y'know. Invisible) as he spoke to the new student.

Suzy was shocked to hear that the voice belonged to one of the headmaster's of the school.

Woah! These teacher's powers are weird! I guess I shouldn't judge, I am a soul manipulator after all.

Suzy then said, "Yep, that's me. And I do have a question, can someone give me a tour of the school, or will I have to go straight to class?"

"Huh, a tour. Not actually a bad idea, since you weren't here on the first day. Sure thing, I could. Unless something comes up. Anyway, just follow me." Sky's form solidified, and he beckoned for the girl to follow him back into the main building

Suzy looked at the solidified form of the breeze, and was in awe.

Mr. Sky's power is so cool! I wonder what other powers some people of this school have!

Suzy nodded, and started following Sky.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well that's nice. You were able to help her. Now if you need me I'll be on my GAAA!"

Lily cut off Andrew by grabbing his collar and dragging him after Suzy and Sky.

"Oh come on, not like we have much better to do. Those freshmen kids always go off on adventures, a harmless tour with the new girl is a decent way to pass time." Lily said with a sigh as Andrew groaned and they followed her and Sky.

Once Suzy had caught up with him, Sky continued forwards, waving a hand at the various classrooms. "This area is mostly just a big cluster of classrooms. Geography taught here, math taught there, art taught in here-ect." Sky carried on listing the blocks, before he reached several large, steel doors. "And we have our training area over here. Most of the 'Superhero' stuff, so you call it, is done in there." Without being bothered to lift his hand, a strong gust of wind pushed the door open, revealing a mostly dark room. Black padding (although you couldn't tell) covered the floor, walls and ceiling with several windows allowing enough light to shine into the room that it didn't seem too shaded. "Have a look around. Me and several others have stress-tested these things enough to make them immune to just about anything. Although how I managed to get those earth spirits to agree to help is a mystery... Anyway. Best to get to know these things if you're going to be staying here for any amount of time. We can change it to suit whatever we might be simulating, pretty much making you prepared for nearly any scenario." Sky looked behind him, whilst saying to the other two "Oh! Lily, Andrew. I'll make the assumption you might want to take this tour yourself?"

Suzy looked at the dark room in front of her. If it wasn't for the windows, it would've seemed like a void. However, Suzy was still scared of entering the room.

Suzy then said, "May I ask, what is this room used for?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Actually..." Andrew started to say before Lily covered his mouth.

"Yes, we'd love to be part of this tour. If that is alright with you Headmaster." Lily said with a smile as Andrew scowled.

Yep, listening in was defiantly a mistake...

Ryker was soon humming a tune as he walked. He didn't see anything interesting, or anything he could punch. Talk about boring. "Okay, Olive, can you track where Kev anD Aura are? I'm tired of all of this award silence. I can tell we don't get along, mainly because we have.opposing point of views. Also, I'm calling you Olive from now on. More cute for a talking owl, than just Oliver. Ryker gave Oliver a teasing grin as he said the last part.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound weird or anything." June said turning red with embarrassment, waving her arms. "I guess since your a new student you have to follow someone until you figure out where to go until you get used to stuff. But why Kevin. I'd say he's more out of the loop than most normal kids involving school stuff. Mainly because he's had his hands full." June gave a shrug.

Oliver again rolled its eyes as it would check its scanners.

"Kevin and Aura are at back towards the entrance of this cave. I believe they have just entered it. If we wait a moment they should catch up." Oliver explained.

"And perhaps you are correct. We are opposites. Sometimes somebody has to be the cold realist among undying optimists. I can't afford to see the world as sunshine and rainbows, cause it isn't." Oliver explained.

"Well, Kevin helped me out when I met him. And he just seems to have that big heart. He cares greatly for his friends, and is very nice. I don't have any friends and figured he'd make a good first one." Yuki explained as they walked.

"Yeah. The rooms are simply used as a place for students to test their powers, honing them and learning to control them without any worry about external damage." Sky explained

"I think I can hear something..." Aura said nervously, she then heard a bit of bickering and she let out a small laugh. "It must be Oliver and Ryker, only those two would argue while doing something so serious."
She let go of Kevin's arm and looked around, her eyes had adjusted to the dark, not much, but enough for her to see a wall right before she hit it. She could see a dim light ahead. "Ryker? Oliver?" She called, "Is that you?"

"Hey. You called me undying. That's gotta be a compliment coming from you, right." Ryker said giving a laugh. Then he heard Aura's shout faintly. "Yeah, it's us. We're over here. So c'mon and hurry up! We got work to do. Haha!"

"That makes sense. He's a pretty nice guy, from what Ryker's told me. But at least Kevin isn't a big dork like Ryker. Then you would have a horrible role model." June said laughing, as they walked. As they entered the darkness, she used her free hand to emit a soft crackling spark of electricity from her fingertips that acted as lights to guide them.

Kevin heard Ryker's voice as he walked up next to Aura.

"They're up ahead. Not too far off." Kevin explained.

Yuki gave a nod as she remained close to June as they walked through the darkness, only June's electricity allowed them to see anything as they walked.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Cade walked up to the academy of which he would be attending. He had been expelled or deliberately swapped most of the normal High schools due to bullies. It was the place Cade wanted to go to from the beginning but now after many long and loud arguments with his dad, he was finally here. He felt excited and full of joy. His eyes turned to a bright green colour as he entered the building into the hallway. Cade quietly walked to what he assumed was the office. He walked up to a desk there.

"Excuse me, My name is Cade... Cade Cazden I just transferred here from a previous school, Is it possible to see someone who could help me obtain a schedule?" Cade asked the receptionist.

The receptionist, looking a bit haggard which was no surprise given what had recently occurred, looked at the new student with brilliant green eyes. With a yawn, Cade was quietly told to wait. Yet, before the receptionist could make her call, Aurrea oh so conveniently walked in through the doorway, she thought she sensed some new energy pulse on the island.

"Helloooo and welcome to CoDA!" She no less than exclaimed for the soul purpose of startling the receptionist awake. It seemed Rio truly did rub off on her dragon companion. The red energy ghost looked to Cade, before smiling softly in greeting. "Lucky for you, I just finished getting the same things you need for another student, so the computers in administration should be all warmed up. If you will follow me."

She motioned to the (still slightly but not as much, beaten up hallway courtesy of Sky.) hallway, lifting her feet off the ground to float a few inches. "I am your vice principle, Aurrea, currently standing in as Headmistress." She then flourished with a bow. God, she would have to explain the whole ordeal soon but, at least for now, she was trying to keep this kid excited for school and most importantly, welcomed.

A new one? Already? I suppose I'd better say hi. "Actually, something came up, and I gotta dash. I'm sure that the other two could show you anything you need to know about," Sky told them. "So, goodbye for now!" Sky's body dissipated, once again stopping in his office. "Oh, another new transfer. Hi." The Air Spirit's voice came from apparently nowhere, nearly any point in the room seeming to be a possible point. "I'm guessing Aurrea is already going to get you on the system. Honestly, how she can put up with those things, I don't know." Sky absent-mindedly spun a few of the papers on his desk around the room, then let them come to a rest, back in their original order

Suzy looked at the room in awe, but...that awe look quickly became a frown.

What good is my power in a situation like this? I can't fight with my power whatsoever.

Sky then left, and Suzy looked at Lily and Andrew. With a frown still on her face, she then said, "I don't think you guys would want to show me around the school, and I understand. You two are probably busy, and don't have time to take me around. Don't think I didn't notice how Andrew was acting." Suzy then started heading out of the room thinking about finding a school map or something.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Hold on." Lily said as she walked to cut Suzy off.

"That's the furthest thing from the truth. I would love to show you around." Lily said with a smile, as she glanced at Andrew.

"You can go now if you want. Sorry, just felt you'd want to socialize rather than sulk in the corner." Lily said with a frown, Andrew turned to her and let out a sigh.

"In spite of my complaints, I honestly have nothing better to do..." Andrew confessed as Lily turned to Suzy with a grin.

Suzy looked back, and she couldn't help but smile and some tears of joy came out of her eyes.

Suzy wiped away her tears, and said, "Thank you. You are far too kind, I don't know how to repay you." Suzy then looked onward, and said, "Welp, lead the way."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Don't mention it." Lily said as she began to lead Suzy through the school, Andrew tailed them the entire time.

"So...what power do you got?" Lily asked Suzy, deciding to engage in some small talk with the new girl.

Suzy was shocked to see that anyone cared to know about her power, but she replied to Andrew with, "U-um...M-my power is Soul M-manipulation. I can basically control anyone's soul, or become a soul myself."

Suzy didn't think her power was that impressive, so she understood if they didn't have any reaction.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"That's so cool!" Lily said with a big grin, as the power sounded really interesting to the girl. Andrew had his own thoughts as he glanced at one of his gloved hands.

Nifty. Though someone with a less...innocent frame of mind could use that power for something nefarious. Though at least she can use them for good.

Suzy looked shocked, and said, "You really think my power is....c-cool?"

I've never been given a compliment like that before. But, my power is useless. I could never win a fight with it.

Suzy's negative thoughts made her frown once more, but Suzy stayed strong, and then asked, "So, what powers do you two have?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Of course I do. Anyway I can control plants, trees and vegetation." Lily explained as she generated a pretty rose out of the ground and picked it up to show Suzy. Andrew walked up and grabbed the rose out of Lily's hand. Removing his glove Andrew held the rose as it quickly withered and was reduced to dust. Lily pouted as Andrew put his glove back on.

"Anything my skin touches decays and dies. Only my special clothing is immune to the effects..." Andrew explained.