• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Maker heard the commotion going on outside. "Let's go team!" She said excitedly as she stood up and rushed towards the exit. Leo follow closely behind, until they both reached the outside.
People were talking and pointing in the same direction. Maker approached one of the strangers. "Hey what's going on?" She asked.
It was a young lady, about Michael's age. She turned around surprised. "You didn't see that?"
"See what? What happened?" Maker said desperately as she looked around.
The lady pointed towards the outskirts of the city. "There was a big purple explosion. Over that way! It was so weird!"
Maker looked in the direction the girl pointed. "Then that's where I'm going!" She let her Rapidash out, who snarled and stomped the ground. Maker got on and reached her hand out to Leo. "Come on! You don't plan on walking, do you?"
Leo stood there for a few seconds looking lost. He then snapped out of it and got on. They both raced down the city towards their next destination.

Michael and Jodi looked at each other surprised and ran after Maker and Leo. They eventually reached the scene with the crazy guy. "Ugh, I hate people like that, they creep me out!" Michael whispered to Jodi with an angry expression.
"Don't listen to him, he's crazy." Jodi reassured him. "That may have been... Just a chemical reaction to... I don't know what kind of gas. There are many more explanations, all more logical than his." She looked in the direction where Maker and Leo dashed off and threw Charizard's PokeBall in the air. As he appeared, she turned to Michael. "Let's go."
"I'm right behind you." He said, calling out Blaziken. They got on their backs and dashed off in the direction of this mysterious 'pink light'.

Roy, Maker's Raoidash, snarled as it galloped across the city. Maker looked behind and saw Michael, Jodi and Eli behind her. "Keeps your eyes open for the others!" She yelled back at them. She looked ahead, there was serious look in here eyes, but at the same time the need to battle.
"Ma'am! Are you sure this is a good idea?" Leo called out while hanging on to Maker.
Maker laughed. "Are you kidding me? This is like the reason all of us got together!"

Azumi starred at her new Buneary, Joan, while she starred back. Azumi sat on the floor in the living room and Joan stood before here, both of them just looking in each other's eyes. Nana from the coach looked at them confused.
"You have to get used to going inside the pokeball." Azumi said.
The Buneary snapped back with a demonstration of her teeth.
"Everyone does it. Even Nana sometimes." Azumi replied.
Joan stuck her tounge out.
"I can't take you anywhere if you don't want to use your pokeball."
Joan did an imitation of Azumi.
Nana laughed and fell backwards on the couch.
Azumi's eye twitched. "Young lady I am doing this for your own good."
The Buneary imitated her again.
Nana laughed even more.
"Fine!" Azumi stood up and turned her back to Joan. "Hey Nana, let's go get ice cream. Joan can wait here for us."
Nana happily teleported to Azumi's arms. The Buneary gave them a worried look. Azumi walked to the door, she stopped though when she heard Joan cry out to them. Azumi turned around and saw Joann's eyes get watery.
"I will take you if you promise to behave from now on." Azumi told her bunny pokemon.
Joan nodded in agreement. Azumi opened the door and smiled back. "Good. Now come on, just stay by me and Nana. When we get back your going in your pokeball, ok?"
Joan smiled and followed her trainer. The three of them left.

Alex jumped at the sudden thunder, and Arcanine began furiously barking. "Hey, sh sh sh. Arcanine, quiet," Alex commanded. "It's just some thunder... pink... thunder..." Alex's nerves turned to anxious uncertainty. The street preacher caught Alex's confused attention.

"thats the scary man from before!!! >:[" Arcanine's almost childish voice sounded in Alex's head. She began growling.

"Hey, quiet. We're lucky this is such a big crowd. If he really is a threat, we definitely don't want his attention," Alex spoke the aside to Arcanine. "Besides," he added as he watched Ray run off, "I think we have bigger things to worry about." Alex jumped on Arcanine's back. She picked up on what he wanted, chasing after Ray.

Alex extended a hand after they caught up. "Hop on! Four legs are faster than two," he offered.

Last edited:
Name: Renz

Pokémon team: Garchomp, Torterra, Nidoking(*S*)

Backstory: Renz is a Gym leader in training and has traveled through the Alola region and part of Sinnoh. His parents run a Trinket Shop in Malie City, which is Renz’s Hometown. He has a Z-Ring and a few Z-Crystals from Alola, and is doing his best to beat the Sinnoh league.

Appearance: Renz stands at about Six feet tall, has tan skin, blue eyes and black hair. He usually wears V-Neck t-shirts and Jeans. He also has a backpack with the Mega Evolution symbol on it, and a white wristwatch with a Pokémon Shuffle style Dialga on it.

————————————————————

After traveling through a good bit of the Sinnoh Region, Renz found himself in Canalave City. It had been a long day so he was headed towards the Pokémon Center to rent a room for the night. On the way, the sky began to cloud, and a bright pink flash filled the sky, and thunder rolled. Nearby an old man was shouting about some Pokémon called Palkia. Wasn’t that a Legendary Pokémon? Yes, that’s what the stories all said. And if that was a Legendary Pokémon, which he doubted, it would be worth seeing.

‘Alright, Garchomp! Come on out!’

Renz threw a Pokéball into the air and began to run towards the source of the pink light, with Garchomp following behind him. He saw several other trainers running in the same direction, and wondered if they thought there really was a Legendary Pokémon there.

Maker was focused on the road ahead when she noticed a Garchomp running behind it's trainer. "Woa look at that dragon!" She padded her Rapidash gently, and it began running faster. It soon passed the trainer and his grachomp. The rapidash halted to a stop and blocked the trainer's path. Maker got off while Leo fell to the floor complaining.
"Hey you tall dude! Can I see your dragon? It looks pretty powerful." Maker said with a big grin.

When the Rapidash raced past Renz he slowed down a bit. That was a fast Pokémon! A trainer hopped off and asked to see his Garchomp.

‘Sure, this Garchomp. He’s my best bud and we’ve been training together since the beginning of our journey. He is pretty strong if I do say so myself. We were headed over to investigate that light over there...’

Garchomp roared a bit to try and impress the other trainer.

‘He is a big softie by the way, he just pretends to be scary.’

Garchomp wagged his tail.

‘Gar, Chomp chomp!’

Maker walked up to the desert shark and stood on her toes to look closer at his jaw. "Wow impressive teeth. Shiny and pointy!" She walked around to behind the dragon. "Oh and your fin is perfectly alined with your back. Impressive!"
She touched the Garchomp's arm gently and walked back to the trainer. "He is beautiful!" She stretched her hand out. "Maker Towers. Fire trainer from Kalos."

‘Nice to meet you, Maker! I’m Renz Flintrock, Ground type trainer from Alola.’

Garchomp was LOVING the attention. As soon as he could do so without knocking anyone over, he rolled onto his back and started flailing around.

‘C’mon Garchomp, you’re gonna knock me over!’

Renz leapt back just in time to keep from getting his legs knocked out from underneath him. Garchomp got up and gently head butted Renz, then acted dignified as if he had never even heard of rolling on the floor.

‘Well, Maker, I’m assuming you saw that flash of light? I heard someone say that it must be a Legendary Pokémon. It’s kinda hard to believe, but I think it’s worth checking out. Wanna come too?’

Maker laughed proudly. "We were already on our way." She pointed at the other trainers. "We got a whole group. I was coming to warn you, but I think with a Garchomp like that, you should be fine."
She walked over to her Rapidash. "Hey Leo. Go let my sister know what's going on." She looked at her servent as she got on.
"Yes master!" Leo said and took off.
Maker looked back at Renz. "Well, keep up dude." She took off in the direction she was following before.

He had seen how fast Rapidash was, and he knew he would not be able to keep up on foot. He jumped on Garchomp’s back as Garchomp began to run. As they gained momentum, Garchomp took to the skies!

As they flew, Renz recalled one of Garchomp’s PokéDex entries:

Garchomp flies at speeds equal to a jet fighter plane. It never allows its prey to escape.

They flew through the air above Rapidash and Maker, and there were several other trainers headed the same direction.

Renz began counting the trainers, and thought he saw nine!

‘I’ve heard of trainers traveling in groups, but usually only three or four at a time.’

Garchomp wasn’t listening. He was focusing on going as fast as he could, trying to beat the Rapidash. As they neared the trees, Renz persuaded Garchomp to touch down on the border of the forest to meet with the other trainers.

Maker reached the Garchomp and his trainer. The stallion pokemon stopped, snorting and fiercely stomping on the ground with one hoof. Maker got off and petted him. "Sheesh relax. We can't ride in a forest like this, the trees are to close to each other." She returned the angry Rapidash and looked at the forest before her. "This isn't good..." She said as she looked up and a big flock of starlys and murkrows flew away from the forest. "Whatever caused that pink explosion caused the Pokemon to feel. Even those that only come out at night." She began walking into the forest. "I wonder if it's those weirdos from before? Maybe they need another butt whooping." She smiled as she walked between trees and looked ahead.

Leo had reached the Pokemon center and used the phone inside to call Azumi.

Azumi walked along with her Kirlia and Buneary, each with an ice cream cone. She had left her bag back home and was unaware of the call. She did however, noticed people gathering near and electronics store. She walked up to the crowd and asked a random woman what was going on.
"There was some sort of big pink explosion in Canalave city. Some trainers are heading over there while authorities are telling people to stay away....." The woman stopped when she saw that Azumi was no longer there.
Azumi rushed through the streets of Veilstone with Nana and Joan on her arms. Both Pokemon held their ice cream tightly with a confused look as they were suddenly rushing back home. Just as Azumi turned into an Alley to use as a shortcut, Judy stepped in front of her. "Azumi! Baby! I've been looking for you!"
Azumi stopped in her tracks as two thugs walked into the alley and stood behind her.
"I got something for you." Judy said with a grin.

Maker replied without looking back. "Weirdos? Iron Island?" She continued to walk forward in between trees. "You better not be calling ME a weirdo..." She stepped over a log laying on the ground. "But yeah, we came from there. Had a run in with some space dudes, kicked their butts, kept one for myself, kicked some butts again in an underground bootleg thing and then saw the explosion. She saw a group of Luxios running in the opposite direction. Maker began walking faster, eager to arrive.

Azumi took a deep breath. "Ok we are ready." She said with a determined look.
Judy laughed. "Well you better remember you owe me a favor for this. Also, you can cash it in for a date. I can take you to some nice dinner in the park under the moonlight with swablus using sing..." He looked up as if lost in his day dream.
Azumi and the two thugs looked at him confused. There were two Kadabras, one on each side of Azumi.
Judy snapped out of it and laughed. He passed his colmb through his afro. "Ok boys. Do your thing. Make sure you don't mess up or I swear if you hurt my sweet little Azumi I will make y'all pay for it." He pointed with a threatened look at the two thugs. Both thugs nodded in agreement and signaled the Kadabras.
In a flash, Azumi and her two Pokemon, along with the Kadabras also, disappeared. After a few seconds the Kadabras were back, looking exhausted.
"Well?!" Judy said with an angry tone. The Kadabras nodded and Judy smiled. "Good."

Azumi was now in Canalave library. She was on her knees, feeling terribly dizzy. Her Buneary laid on the floor starring upwards and breathing heavily, trying not to throw up. Nana looked around as if nothing had happened.
"How can you stand this Nana? It feels horrible to teleport." Azumi said as she weakly struggled to her feet.
Nana just giggled and danced around Joan, trying to get her to get up. The Buneary just growled, but made no effort to get up.
Azumi stood up straight and placed her hand on her head. "This is horrible..." She looked around. "But it worked." She checked her jeans and pockets. "I only have my wallet..." She picked up Joan and Nana followed her happily out of the library.

Ray raced through the forest on Typhlosion alongside several police officer's and their pokemon, followed by an unruly mass of pedestrians looking to find out what was going on.
As they approached the site of the pink burst of light, a large and imposing silhouette became visible in the distance through the trees. It appeared to be the silhouette of some great behemoth; its exact physiology was unclear, but its size and its spikes and its wing-like appendages gave it a distinctly mythological air...
Ray arched his head a bunch of different ways, leaning forward and squinting his eyes in an attempt to make sense of what he was seeing through the trees; but before they could get any closer another clap of thunder, accompanied by another pink burst of light, sent him and Typhlosion reeling back, their eyes and ears burning and ringing due to their close proximity to the explosion. The police officers, as well, were knocked off of their pokemon and disoriented as if they'd been hit by a flash grenade.
Ray staggered around, rubbing his eyes, waiting for his vision and his hearing to return; but when his senses finally came back to him, he noticed that the great behemoth appeared to have disappeared...
"Y-you saw that thing too, right?" he asked a police officer in disbelief. "I'm not just seeing things, am I?"
"N-no, I saw it too..." the officer responded. "The problem is that I don't know exactly what it was that I saw..."

Last edited:
As Michael and Jodi got to the forest, they heard Maker and some random dude talking. Michael sighed and gave a nod to Jodi, who nodded back. Charizard and Blaziken landed in the forest, right in front of the random dude's Garchomp. They got off and stopped it. "Easy, now." Michael said calmly.
"You should wait for your trainer." Jodi continued. Michael looked behind the Pokémon and called sternly out to Maker "This is no time for chit chat, 'Aker! This is serious!" He then looked at Renz and said "And of course, there's the fresh meat."
"Let me guess, he wanted to see what's going on and he ended up with you." Jodi said with a smirk.
"Anyway, we should hurry and go deeper into the forest." Another explosion could be heard. "...Because there was another explosion."

Garchomp raced past the Charizard and Blaziken who tried to stop him and raced forward at top speed. He felt the presence close by, and then, BOOM! There was another explosion beyond the tree border, Garchomp was knocked down and disoriented by the blast. He writhed on the ground, blinded and hurting.

Meanwhile Renz had begun to run after Garchomp when a Charizard and a Blaziken appeared out of nowhere, and then one of the trainers called him Fresh Meat.

‘Who are you calling Fresh Meat?’

He said, staring right at the trainer.

Michael sighed as the Garchomp ran past them and then fell to the ground. He turned to the trainer and said "Sorry, but I just decided to call everybody that enters our group something similar to that."
"Sorry, he can be rude. But still, he didn't mean to offend you." Jodi butted in.
"Yeah. But still, you really are fresh meat. You're pure and innocent." He chuckled and said "I'm Michael and this is Jodi." Jodi waved and Charizard and Blaziken nodded sternly to the trainer.

Maker was distracted by Michael and Jodi when the second explosion went off. She scream with fright and jumped when it happened. "Stupid explosion!" She yelled in the direction it had came from. She turned to the rest embarrassed and avoided eye contact. "So... Um, we should totally go check that out." She turned around without waiting for a response and walked in the direction of the explosion.

Azumi stood by the Pokemon center, looking around for anyone she might recognize. Her Buneary, Joan, was feeling better now but remained in her arms. While Nana grabbed Azumi's pants to avoid getting lost. There were several people talking about a second explosion that also came from the forest.
"To the forest it is then." Azumi began walking quickly. "I bet Ray and Maker dragged everyone else over there."

‘If we didn’t have other things to do right now, i.e. finding that explosion and my Garchomp, I would prove to you how strong we are. But for now I’ll call it Pax. Now let’s go!’

Renz released Ceasar from his Pokéball and ran on towards the source of the last explosion.

————————————————————

Garchomp pulled himself to his feet and staggered around. He was lost, and now he was panicking. He rammed his head into trees, and stumbled into a ditch. He lay there, quietly.

Michael watched confused as Renz fled the scene. "Did I accidentally say that he's weak?" He whispered to Jodi.
"No, he just got offended." Jodi whispered back. They got on their Pokémon and were about to took off. From the air, Jodi managed to saw Garchomp on the ground. She pointed over there and Michael nodded. They landed in front ofit and kneeled beside it.
"Hey, what's up?" Michael asked the Pokémon.

Garchomp stirred weakly, lifting his head of the ground to glare at them. His maw began to glow, as if daring them to come closer.

————————————————————-

‘Hey, Maker! Is that guy always that rude?’ Renz asked as they traveled towards the last explosion. While they walked Renz looked for signs of Garchomp, but there was no sign of him. Renz started to worry...

"Hey, there's no need for that!" Michael said as the Garchomp seemed to be treathening them. "We just want to help..."
"Please, we'll get you back to your trainer!" Jodi added worried. "...Your trainer who gets offended really easily." Blaziken and Charizard looked down at the Pseudo-Legendary, thinking of something. After one minute, they suggested that they can carry it back to the others, in Pokémon language, of course.

"Please, Garchomp?" Michael said pleadingly. "I'll bake you a cupcake if you agree."
"You should agree, Michael cooks extremely good!" Jodi added. "But if you don't want one, you'll have to listen to me. We only want to get you back to your trainer. We don't mean any harm. So, if you'll be part of our group, we'll see each other more often."

"Yay!" Michael squealed as the Garchomp accepted.
"Glad to have you on board!" Jodi said with a smile. "You know what to do, guys!" Blaziken and Charizard swiftly nodded and picked up the land shark. They began walking in the direction where they came from, since they were ahead of the others. They finally reached them and waved. "Got Garchomp back!" Michael announced.
"You need to take care of your Pokémon better." Jodi informed Renz.

"Yes he is rude, but not on purpose. He does it with good intentions." Maker answered Ranz's questions.
When Michael and Jodi arrived, she gave Garchomp a worried look and watched as he was returned to his pokeball.
"Poor Garchomp, he must have been way too close to the blast." Maker looked ahead. "Well let's keep going. I don't see Ray anywhere. If something happens to him, Azumi is going to lose it."

"Eli, we wouldn't have come here if it weren't for the pink light show." Michael said with a smirk.
"Yes, that's right." Jodi agreed. "Oh, if you want a ride Pokémon, I could lend you Ursaring." She threw a PokéBall into the air, revealing her bear, who stared Eli down, but in a nice way. Michael and Jodi got beside their Pokémon and walked after Maker.

Maker laughed when she saw Eli arrive. "You're just like Otis, way too quiet and we forget you."
Maker continued to walk forward until she saw someone running deep in the forest. "Let's go guys, that could be Ray or Alex or some cute guy who wants my number!" She began sprinting towards the direction of the person ahead. "Hey! Identify yourself!" She called out.

Renz had to run. He knew he could ride Hardhat, but Hardhat was pretty slow. So he ran, Ceasar following behind. Everything had been quiet for a bit, no signs of more explosions. He kept an eye on Charizard’s tail flame so he wouldn’t lose the others.

The forest was getting darker as the sun began to set, and Renz was having trouble seeing and was getting short on breath.

‘Hey guys? Wait up a minute!’

Alex lost sight of Ray and Typhlosion in the forest, when suddenly another flash went off. Alex noticed the silhouettes of five people before his eyes melted. Arcanine stopped running so as to not hit anything. Alex stumbled off her back, trying to blink the momentary blindness away. Before long, Alex could see again. He looked in the direction that he last saw the people in, and could faintly make out their outlines. Alex got back on Arcanine and encouraged her to run after them. As he got closer, Alex recognized Maker, Jodi, Micheal, Eli, along with a new stranger. "Hey guys!" he called. "Any idea what that pink light was?"

Renz ran up, panting.

‘Well, someone back in town said something about Palkia, the Legendary Pokémon. I don’t know if that is true or not, but here we are, trying to find the source of the explosions.’

Renz called Ceasar back into his Pokéball, and sent out Hardhat. Renz needed some time to catch his breath, and he would sacrifice speed for that. The Torterra was temporarily confused when it materialized. They were in a forest and it was almost night.

Renz patted Hardhat on his shell and then leapt onto his back.

‘I’m Renz, and this is Hardhat. Did you figure out where the explosion came from?’ There hasn’t been another in a while and it has me a bit worried...’