• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

"Huh, that's pretty straight forward, unlike all the other names for your Pokemon."Jodi said surprised. "I'm not saying it's not a good name, it's actually pretty cute. I don't know how that came to your mind, though." She began looking through the 'Random Accesories' section, when she found something. "Michael, you are going to want to see this!" Michael quickly dashed to her and gasped loudly. It was a ring with a Leaf Stone on it.
"I NEED IT!"He quickly grabbed the ring and dashed over to the cash register to pay for it. When he returned, he took out his Tangela and put it on her foot. "Awww! Look at you!" He hugged her, and if Tangela would have arms, dhe would hug him back.

"I've heard of miracle recoveries, but I've never seen one before. I guess this just shows how much we still have to learn," the doctor sighed. "If you don't mind, could you please tell me what happened?"

"Well, I heard something about a coma? I don't think I was in a coma," Alex responded. "Unless that counts as a coma...? I'm not a doctor. Anyway, I was- er, ... uh... my mind was stuck inside my espeon's mind. I guess. So my body had no one home. Espeon finally woke up from his nap and helped me- er, my mind back into my body. I don't know if that helps. I'm still a little confused myself. The whole thing was a little disorienting." Alex scratched the back of his head. "So I'm officially checking myself out of the hospital? I'm totally fine."

"I'm not sure, the name just came up. I still have to wait and see if Buneary will like it." Azumi responded to Jodi's comment. She found some headbands made out of flowers. "Well these are nice!" She said as she began looking through them.
Nana just started at Michael confused and then turned to see what Azumi was doing.

Maker and Leo walked out of the store they were jn. Maker smiled with joy as she marched down the mall with her servent carrying her bags. Leo just followed with a satisfied look on his face.

Michael put Tangela down and looked at Jodi. " 'Odi! Look what my new bracelets can do!" He pointed towards his new red bracelets. He shook his wrists and spikes came out of them.
"Whoa!"Jodi said surprised as she took a step back. She took a step forward and admired the bracelets. "That's so cool!"
"I know! Now when someone attacks me, I can just do this and stab them!"
"Let's not think of that, okay?"
"Fine, I won't stab anyone. So, did you find anything?" He asked Azumi.

Azumi grabbed as many headbands as she could. "Yes, I loved these." She said as she turned around and looked for more items. "Maybe a scarf for winter would be nice also..." She walked towards a different isle where there were several scarfs and designs. She grabbed a few with hearts and different colors. "I guess I'm good with this for now." She took them to the cashier and paid. She grabbed the bags and grabbed Nana by her hand. "What store is next?" She asked Michael and Jodi.

Maker and Leo walked into a shoe store. "Wow look at these converse with pokemon designs! Look for fire types!"
Leo nodded and began looking through the rows of shoes.

"Clothes shop!" Michael said excited. "I saw one! You need to go up the escalators and forward and there it is!" He grabbed Tangela, dashed out the shop and ran up the escalators. He stopped just outside the shop entrance and waved his arms so the others could see him. Jodi sighed, then chuckled and exited the shop. She walked up the escalators and waited for Azumi and Nana.

Azumi and Nana reached the store along with Jodi. "This looks nice." Azumi said as she walked in. "Well I'm going to my section. Meet up here if you get lost." She said with a serious tone. She disappeared in the rows of clothing.

Maker clapped excitedly as Leo brought orange converse with very detail drawings of Charizard. She quickly tried them on and melted with happiness. Leo just stood back laughing as he saw his master go crazy for shoes. Maker turned and gave him a mean look. "Go look for more!"
Leo nodded and rushed off.

Piper looked over at them leaving, and decided to follow. Her eyes would wander from thing to thing, never really sure what she wanted. Felix, on top of her also seemed just mildly interested. Piper walked into the clothes store, and decided to take interest in a stack of hats.

Jude sighed, knowing that he should probably start trying to find the group, if he wanted to keep up with them. He started to shift, warning the Fraxure of him getting up. The Fraxure stood up and faced Jude, as he himself got up. Jude then crouched down so he was eye-level with the Fraxure. "Hey, since I-uh. Don't really have a nickname for you now, do you mind if I just call you Fraxure?" Jude asked. "Maybe one day, I could give you a really good name. But meanwhile, if you don't mind.." Jude explained, not exactly ending his thought. Fraxure nodded his head. Jude smiled. "Now, shall we go attempt to find thy other human beings?" He joked. Fraxure tilted his head, not really knowing what that meant, but decided to follow Jude anyway.

Last edited:
As everyone else got into the shop, Michael and Jodi followed them. Michael dashed to the jacket section, while Jodi followed him. "Hm, there sure are a lot of nice looking jackets here!" Jodi said, looking at some pink leather ones.
"I know! Hm... I really want something to scream 'You shouldn't mess with me!', but at the same time "I'm friendly!"! Michael responded.
"I don't know if there is a jacket like that." Jodi chuckled. They began looking through jackets that fit them. (Jodi almost has the same size as him, since she's almost as tall as him)

Azumi looked through some dresses. She would eventually take one out and ask Nana her opinion. But, Nana would agree to all of them. After a while she picked out three, took them to the cashier and then went to look at more clothes.

Maker walked out of the shoe store wearing new Rapidash shoes. Leo was now carrying several bags, but he seemed to be in a good mood still. They both continued to walk until they saw the same store the others were in. "Let's go in here!" Maker said as she marched in, with Leo following closely behind.

Michael and Jodi both bought a leather jacket, Jodi's was pink and Michael's was black. They went back to look through some other clothes when Michael noticed Maker and Leo marching in the store. He waved his arm around his head and called out to them "Guys, over here!" Jodi then noticed them two and cheerly waved at them.

Maker looked around until she saw Jodi and Michael waving at them. "Hey! You guys are shopping also?" Maker said out loud as she walked up to them. "You two gonna try a new look or something?" She pointed at the jackets. Leo followed Maker and smiled when he approached them, he basically didn't know them.

"Yep! We got really bored, so we decided to go shopping!" Jodi responded with a smile.
"Damn, didn't know torture with bags was a thing!" Michael joked and pointed at all the bags Leo was carrying. He then sniffed the air and asked "Were you and Leonard at a coffee shop and you ate cookies and he drank some lemonade?"
"How would you know that?"Jodi asked him surprised.
"My smell is really good! I could smell someone eating a pizza right now! ... And it's a Vegetarian Pizza! They're my type of people!" He chuckled and grinned.

"Let me see..."Michael responded to Maker and thought for a minute. "I can cook, I have my shipping vibes, I can smell food from far away, I can do this.."He did a cartwheel. "And I think that's about it."
"Wait, since when can you do cartwheels?"Jodi asked him surprised, but she still chuckled.
"Since.... I was like what, 7? Anyway, nice Rapidash shoes!"She complimented Maker.

Maker laughed at Jodi's comment. She was about to make one herself when she was complimented on her shoes. "I know right! I L O V E how the artist captured the Pokemon. I mean look at the detail, it looks fierce and powerful." She looked down at her feet and would move then to show the different angles. "I also got some Charizard ones, Charmander, Salazzle, Magmar, Slugma, Arcanine and Infernape!" She then pointed to one of the bags Leo was carrying. "That one has two pairs for my sis, they have a Lucario, Koffing and Hawlucha."
Leo smiled. "And I um got a power bracer so me and my Dugtrio can get stronger."

"Awww, that's soooooooo CUTE!" Michael responded to Leo. "We were just an accessory store and we bought some things! Like these awesome caps!" He pointed to his Togedemaru one and to Jodi's Jigglypuff one. "And I also got this ring for my Tangela!" He pointed to the ring on Tangela's foot. "And we also got these jackets!"
"Michael, show them the bracelets!"Jodi nudged him.
"Oh yeah! Look at these!" He shook his wrists and spikes came from his bracelets. "I don't know how these work, but they're really cool!"

"Wow that's amazing!" Maker admiring the bracelets. "Now I feel like buying more stuff! Come on Leo!" She took off deep into the store while Leo let out a sigh and followed behind quickly.

Azumi had too much clothes to handle now, so she took them to the cashier. She filled out a mailing form while they processed her items. Once she was finished she was about to go look for Michael and Jodi when she got a call. She took the call with the smile, but as she listened her expression turned into a serious one. After she was done she just stood there biting her lip as she processed the information.
A few minutes later she finally snapped out of it and went to Michael and Jodi. "Michale and Jodi, I apologise but some work related stuff just came up. I'm afraid I have to leave our shopping for another day." She bowed to then quickly. "I suggest you catch up to Ray, meanwhile I have to go home to my laptop." She waved at them along with Nana, who understood that they were leaving. " Be careful!" Azumi said as she and Nana left.

The doctor stared at Alex with a confused expression.
"Your mind was stuck inside your Espeon's mind...?" she repeated back dubiously. "On second thought, maybe you should stay and spend a night in the psych-"
"NO NO!" Ray interrupted "he'll be fine! he'll be fine! He's been saying weird stuff since before the coma, too - c'mon Alex, let's go!"
Ray hastily grabbed Dusknoir's pokeball and shoved Alex out the door before the doctor could make any attempt to detain them...

"You're gonna weird people out, saying stuff like that..." Ray laughed as he stepped out onto the street corner. "But I'm assuming this has something to do with what you and Lucian were talking about earlier?"

Azumi flew on Golurk, holding on to Nana, who was cheering trying to making the flying Pokemon go faster. She sent a message to Ray:
I went home. Something came up and I must respond to it. I will be home with Nana. Let me know if anything happens.

After a long flight they finally arrived. Azumi rushed in and left Nana watching her music programs.

"Okay..."Michael said confused as he and Jodi waved to Azumi. He sighed and added "Welp, there goes our chance to enjoy a break from all the events that have occurred the past few days. Ugh, why does everything get in the way of our chances to catch up?"
"That's just how the world is."Jodi said, trying to be reassuring. "Come on, let's go to the cooking supply store. You like it there."
"Okay..."They exited the shop and made their way to the cooking supply store.

Alex smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I'm new to the world of psychic types. I don't really know what's weird yet and what isn't," Alex apologized. Arcanine and Espeon calmly followed him out the door. "But yeah, this is about what Lucian and I were talking about. It actually worked! I let myself relax away into nothing and suddenly I could feel Espeon was there! It was so wild, during the raid on the bar, we were like the same person. I remember everything, but the memories all feel... different from my other memories somehow. Like they're from two perspectives at once. Espeon's body was just as much mine as, well, as mine was. The same goes for Espeon." Alex shook his head. "It feels so weird to say all that." Alex kept walking, formulating his thoughts for a little bit.

"Then when we tried to separate, I guess things went a little wrong. Espeon separated himself back into his body, but forgot to do the same for me. I ended up in what I can only imagine was some weird, physical interpretation of Espeon's mind." Alex chuckled. "It was actually kind of neat."

"Wow, I had no idea that there was so much potential with psychic-type pokemon!" Ray responded to Alex. "Kinda makes me jealous that I don't have one..." he added. "You'll definitely have to bring this up with Lucian, next time we see him - though I'm not sure when that'll be... he'll probably be pretty busy with the police, after what happened at the bar."

Ray received Azumi's message and sighed.
"Well, Azumi's gone back to Veilstone already and I have no flying pokemon... guess I'm stranded here" he laughed to himself. "I wonder where the others are? Maybe we could hitch a ride..."

After a few hours of work, Azumi took a deep breath and set her laptop down. She went to the living room where Nana was still dancing. "Wow you never get tired huh?" She said with a smile while Nana did a twirl. She looked through her bag and saw the premier ball. "Well let's see how Buneary is doing..." She clicked the pokeball and out came the bunny pokemon.
At first she looked lost, not recognizing her surroundings. Then she saw Nana, she gave her a weird look and then took a battle stand, growling at the Kirlia. Nana looked back confused from on top of the coffee table. When Azumi saw the buneary's reaction, she moved closer. "Hey! Don't attack Nana."
This however just startled the Buneary and she turned to Azumi and hit her hand with one of her big ears. Azumi cried in pain as she took a step back. She shook her hand and looked at the bunny pokemon. "I've should've waited for Ray or Alex..."
Nana let out a cry, worried about her trainer. The startled Buneary turned to Nana and prepared and attack. Nana got scared and took a step back.
"Nana, be careful. She is afraid." Azumi said, referring to the Buneary. She looked at her hand, it was red now. "Wow you're strong." She said as she blew on her hand.
Nana then began dancing slowly and singing a lullaby. The Buneary at first growled and prepared and attack, but when she noticed that Nana was not attacking, she just watched, with her ears on alert.
Azumi took two yogurts from the fridge. She tossed one to Nana, who caught it and began eating it happily. Azumi tossed the second one to the Buneary, who at first jumped away from it and the slowly approached it. She grabbed it and ran across the room and hid behind a couch.
"Well I hope that's progress..." Azumi said as she sat down. Nana teleported the laptop to her and Azumi began working again, every once in a while looking at the couch, where a scared Buneary was peeking with curiosity from behind.

Maker stepped out the store with Leo unable to stand straight from the shopping bags. Maker looked around and yelled. "Michael! Jodi! Where are you?! Did you ditch me?!" She looked around worried. "I think they ditched me..."

Michael and Jodi almost reached the store when they heard someone calling their names. "Is that... Maker?" Jodi asked confused.
"Hm.... Yes, that sure is her." Michael responded. "Let me just send her a message..." He sent to her:
Heya. Me and 'Odi went to the Cooking Supply Store. If you want, you can meet us there. If not, try not to make poor Leonard carry more bags.
"Well, now she knows where we are. Let's enter." They entered to store.

Maker's faced lighten up when she saw the message. "I guess I should've sent one instead of screaming." She laughed at herself as she walked towards the store. Leo walked behind her, struggling to keep the bags from falling. She reached the store and sat at a bench in front of it. "I'm not wild about cooking supplies, so I guess I can just wait here."
Leo sighed in relief as he set the bags down and sat next to Maker. "So um boss, what are we gonna be doing most of the time?"
Maker kept her eyes on the store, she didn't wanna miss Michael and Jodi walking out. "Traveling." She answered.
Leo's grinned at the answer, he felt like if he had won the lottery.

Azumi leaned back and stretched her arms. "This is annoying..." She said while looking at her laptop. She looked over at Nana, who had slowly crept closer to the Buneary. The bunny just watched her from behind the coach, getting ready to attack. "Be careful Nana, she doesn't understand the situation yet."
Nana seemed to ignore her trainer as she took a few steps closer. The Buneary growled at her approach. Azumi didn't moved, but was in alert in case something happened. Nana then, noticing she wasn't allowed to get closer, offered what was left of the yogurt. The Buneary slowly approached Nana with a suspicious look. When she was close enough, she sniffed the yogurt, snatched it and ran behind the couch. Nana giggled and teleported to the kitchen, where she took two more and repeated the process. At first the Buneary growled again before snatching the yogurt, as if trying to intimidate Nana, but Nana seemed unaffected by it. The second time the Buneary didn't growled, she just carefully took the yogurt from Nana and walked back to the couch.
Azumi watched proudly as Nana tried to befriend the new Pokemon. "I guess I don't need Alex or Ray after all, I got a Nana."
Nana began dancing, showing her moves to the Buneary, who just starred back.

Michael and Jodi patrolled the isles, looking at every single supply there is. "Michael, be careful. You don't want to get too attached to something." Jodi half joked. She was following him, getting more tired with each isle they checked.
"Okay, okay. Ooooooh! Look at this, a Muffin Pan! It's soooooooooo cute!" Michael said, pointing at a Muffin Pan who had the built-in cups with drawings of Plusle and Minun. "I need it!!!"
"Fine, but this is the only thing you'll buy."
"Ugh, okay! Let's go to the cash register!" In about 5 minutes they exited the store. Jodi was sighing with relief while Michael had a big grin on his face.

"Well I have no idea!" Maker said with a big smile. "Anywhere really." She looked over at Leo who looked sad at the thought of walking more. "You know Leo, the store has a mailing service. Just send the stuff to my home." Maker said as she gave him her address.
Leo looked at her with a surprised expression. "You mean I didn't have to carry them?!"
Maker laughed. "Of course not! I thought you would figure it out by now..." She pointed towards the store. "Now go mail them and come back quickly, we are leaving soon."
Leo got up disappointed. "Yes master." He said quietly as he left.

Azumi worked for a few more hours while Nana kept trying to socialize with the Buneary. Azumi closed her laptop and looked at the two Pokemon. Nana giggled and danced inches away from the Buneary. The threatening look in the Buneary's eyes disappeared and was replaced by a look of curiosity. Nana then stopped and stretched her hand out, as if inviting the small bunny. The Buneary rejected the offer though, with an offended look. Azumi sighed and called out to the Buneary. "Listen, I know what you went through was tough. But you're safe now."
The Buneary gave Azumi a mean look and disappeared behind the couch. Nana starred with disappointment and walked closer to the couch. She then walked behind it. Azumi waited a few minutes until she heard Nana giggle. She seemed to be fine, so Azumi went back to work.

Maker looked at Michael. "How about we find the others and see what's next?"
Leo finally made it to the store and was ordering for the items to be mailed.

"Well, Ray and Alex are near the Pokemon Center, I could tell you that." Jodi responded to Maker. "Oh, Piper is somewhere in this mall, too. And Azumi is at her house. I don't know where Jude and Eli might be, though." She scratched her head and began wondering.
"Eh, we'll run into them eventually. We're like, connected." Michael said. "So meeting with them is unavoidable."

"Yeah, I got this new cap!" Michael responded, pointing to his Togedemaru cap. "And I also got Jodi's Jigglypuff cap! And this awesome bracelets! And this cool jacket! Oh, and this Plusle and Minun Muffin Pan! Isn't it adorable?" He admired the Muffin Pan for a minute before asking "But what got you the idea that I didn't buy anything?"

Maker placed her arm around Otis. "Now now Michael, my Otis can ask whatever she wants, she doesn't need a reason." She looked back at Leo. "By the way, Otis is your master also, ok?"
Leo nodded in agreement. "Got it. The items have been mailed by the way." He showed her a receipt.
Maker smiled. "Good job! Now I say we get out of here and go look for the rest of the group at the Pokemon center. What do you all think?"

Azumi finished her work and closed her laptop. "Well that was disappointing..." She said as she leaned back on the coach.
Nana would giggle every once in a while behind the couch. Azumi couldn't take the curiosity anymore and went to go look. Nana would do a twirl and the Buneary would nod in different ways, as if judging her performance. When the Buneary would approve, Nana would giggle, but the Buneary didn't, Nana would try again. Azumi smiled as the Buneary seemed more at ease, her long bunny ears were still on alert though. After a few moments both Pokemon noticed Azumi's presence. Nana greeted her happily while the Buneary just gave her a mean look. "We need to give you a bath." Azumi said while looking at the bunny pokemon. Nana cheered, which seemed to keep the Buneary calm. Azumi gently picked up the small pokemon and took her to the bathroom. While Azumi adjusted the water and filled the tub, Nana showed the Buneary some of her toys. It included a small Poliwag that squirted water and a rubber Psyduck.
When the bath was set Azumi looked at the Buneary. "I have the perfect name for you... Such a strong female reminds me of Joan of the arc." She slowly picked up the Buneary, who seemed interested on what Azumi was saying. "You see, a long long time ago girls were not allowed in the army. Men believed their purpose was a stay at home mom and nothing more." She slowly placed the Pokemon in the water, but the Buneary was too distracted by the story, she wasn't bother at all. "Then a war between two regions broke out. Many pokemon and men died in the battlefield. During the war Joan was born and grew up. She believed strongly in her king and wanted to serve the country. So... Without permission, she went to war and lead her region to countless victories. Her specialty was using an arc." Azumi scrubbed the bunny pokemon, she noticed that a lot of filth was coming out. "She quickly grew famous since her Region was now winning the war thanks to her. But, the two kings were not happy." She continued to wash the Buneary, and noticed that she was really skinny, her spine and ribs could be felt. Azumi's heart broke as she felt this, but continued with the story. "The enemy king was embarrassed since his army was being dominated by a woman and Joann's king was ashamed that his victories were because of a woman. So they two kings met and they both agreed that Joan must not continue to battle." The Buneary seemed startled by the story, but continued to allow Azumi to bathe her. "So, one day they had her captured. She was betrayed by her own men and handed over to the enemy. After being held prisoner for a long time, she was then burned alive." The Buneary started at Azumi with watery eyes. "Awful right? I had the same reaction when my dad told me the story. But, you can live up to her name and continue fighting for what is right, what do you say?" She smiled and the Buneary nodded in approval. Azumi took her out the bath and began drying her. "Then you are now Joan, the Buneary."

"Well, you have some ghost types, right? I'm sure there's tons of untapped potential with them. I've heard some stories about ghost types possessing people or pokemon, but I'm sure there's more to it than that." Espeon mewed in agreement. "Yeah, I'm sure Espeon would be happy to help you out if you want."

"I'm kinda stranded here too," Alex added in response to Ray's second comment. "Actually yeah, I'm wondering where Jude went. We gave him Fraxure's pokeball to get healed up right after the raid."

Michael chuckled a bit at the words 'my Otis'. "It's like she owns her!" He thought with a smile. Then, he responded "Yeah, let's go take a look around. They shouldn't be too far away from there... I hope." He put the Muffin Pan in his backpack and started walking towards the escalators with Jodi close behind him. They got down to the first floor and stopped at the exit to wait for the others.
"It's going to be kinda weird hearing Leo call Otis 'master'." Jodi whispered to Michael.
"I know, especially since she's younger than him." He whispered back.

"Hm, I never thought about that..." Ray responded to Alex's comments on ghost-types. "That may be an avenue worth exploring! But yeah, we should probably find the others..."

Ray continued to wander throughout the city, keeping an eye out for the others, when all of a sudden a clap of thunder pealed through the air, causing everyone to jump. He spun around just in time to see a pink burst of light from the tree-line bordering the city. Pedestrians froze in place, looking on with fearful expressions, unsure of what to make of the occurence...
"IT'S HERE!"
A derangedly exuberant voice shouted out, disrupting the eerie silence. It was the crazy street preacher from before...
"I TOLD YOU THE GODS WERE ON OUR SIDE! THEY'VE MADE AN APPEARANCE! IT'S A SIGN!"
Ray was very confused as to what was going on... as was everyone else.
"The gods? an appearance? a sign? What are you talking about?"
"PALKIA, THE LORD OF SPACE! DID YOU NOT SEE THAT MAGNIFICENT PINK HUE? IT HAS RESPONDED TO OUR SUMMONS!"
People began to look uncomfortable, and whispers began to spread throughout the crowd:
"P-Palkia? Isn't that just a myth?" "I-I don't know... I thought so..." "But what if it's true?"

Ray stood there stunned for a moment... but he quickly pulled himself together and sprinted off toward the source of the sound and the light.
"I'm not believing anything until I've seen it for myself!" he exclaimed.

"YES! GO AND MARVEL AT ITS GLORY, MY BOY! LET US ALL MARVEL AT ITS GLORY! PALKIA AWAITS!" the crazy street preacher exclaimed as he pointed toward the tree-line.

Last edited: