• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

"What? It's just Alex? Oh well." Maker said a little disappointed as Alex approached them. "Well we can't be that far now. I still don't see Ray though. What if he was sent to another dimension where there's an alternative versions of our selves and we are beating him up since we follow evil Ray's orders?" She got a worried look on her face. "What if I'm a water type trainer and I'm not as cute as me?!" She stopped and looked at Michael. "What if my evil self is.... A pervert?!" She stomped her foot angrily. "Nono! That can't happen!"
She tossed a pokeball in the air and an Infernape came out. "Ramon! Light the way! We HAVE to find Ray! I can't stand seeing my evil perverted self!"
The Infernape gave Maker a thumbs up and began walking, with Maker walking behind him while she whispered to herself angrily.

Azumi reached the forest. Several people were standing around as if waiting for something. Some police officers were by the forest entrance, keeping people from entering. Azumi took her wallet out, which had her badge. She approached one of the officers and showed it to him.
"Alright Interpol. So this just got more serious." The officer said as he admired Azumi's badge. "Now I'm sorry to question an agent with a rank like yours, but for security reasons, you must have a Pokemon capable of assisting you in the forest. Does the Kirlia know flash?"
When Nana saw she was mentioned, she did a twirl and a smile, like some sort of pop idol. Azumi sighed as she placed her badge away. "No. But I'm fine. Please let me through."
The officer scratched his head. "Well for self defense you have..." He looked at Joan, who starred back with a growl. "That Buneary doesn't look like it can battle..."
Azumi snapped. "Are you seriously going to stand in the way of an Interpol investigation?! Do I need to get your boss on the phone?!"
The officer flinched at her reaction. "N-no I just..." He moved out of the way. "Please go ahead ma'am" He saluted Azumi as she walked past him.

Renz watched as Maker began to panic, screaming about alternate universes.

‘Uh, Maker, if your friend was headed for the explosion, then we should go to the site. That is the most likely place for them to be, and if they’re not there yet they will be headed that way as well.’

Renz reasoned. Torterra ambled forwards, Renz navigating.

"Well that's where I'm going!" Maker said out loud. The thought of her alternative self was really bothering her. "I better not find Ray with my evil twin because I swear I'm going to lose it!"
Her Infernape continued to walk ahead, making sure he wasn't to far from the group so the fire could light their way. Maker was storming behind her pokemon when she suddenly stopped. "Wait..." She smiled and began walking happily. "Maybe there is cuter and older Michael from another universe. One that doesn't call me a pervert." Her attitude improved greatly again when a new thought reached her mind. "Maybe an older Otis and that way I can have TWO bffs!"

Evan sighed as he urged Hardhat to go faster, galloping forward at a high speed. Suddenly they came to a ring of knocked down trees, and a giant crater in the middle. There were people moving around in the darkness, picking up debris. There was police tape around the crater. Renz called back towards the others,

‘Hey Maker! You might wanna see this...’

Maker walked into the clearing happily. "Whaddap RenzyMcKennzy!" Her joyful expression faded completey when she saw the scene before them. "Oh shit..." She stood there speechless for a moment. Her Infernape sniffed the air as if trying to get information on his surroundings. Maker walked over to the edge of the crater. "Oh no. What if something happened to Ray?!" She turned to the group. "Guys spread out and look for Ray!"

Azumi was making her way through the forest, when a rush of a worried feeling spread through her body. "Oh no, something is bothering Maker." She placed her Buneary on her shoulder and picked up her Kirlia. "We have to move fast." She began running through the forest as fast as possible.

‘Umm... I would help look but I kinda don’t know what to look for. But if you have something that belongs to him one of our Pokémon might be able to track him through smell,’ Renz replied.

He recalled Hardhat into his Pokéball and released Garchomp. Garchomp was feeling better after the Full Restore and some rest. He immediately knew this is where that strong Pokémon had been, and he roared a challenge to the skies. Renz patted him.

‘Help us look for Maker’s friend Ray, Okay?’

"We don't have anything." Maker said a little annoyed. "We have to depend on our sight or Alex's Arcanine." She walked over to the Garchomp when it was released. "Oh look who is doing better!" She rubbed his belly. "The handsome dragon is!" She smiled until she had finished. She turned to Eli. "You see Eli, Ray has the habit of breaking bones and running recklessly into trouble. He is kinda our responsibility." She sighed and looked around. "Besides, my sister is so found of him, it overflows to me and it's like losing a brother. Does that make sense?" She looked at Eli.

‘We could always ask the police officers who are over there about your friend. They probably know where he is.’

Renz suggested. Garchomp paced restlessly, stopped while Maker pet him, and then rushed forward past the Police Tape. He sniffed the ground. Yes, this is where the strong one had been. He fired a Dragon Pulse into the sky, a bright blue and purple beacon. He roared another challenge and stamped the ground.

Last edited:
"Thanks!" Maker smiled as she saw she was getting the help she needed. "Search around the crater. He was problaby really close to it." Maker looked at Renz. "New dude, calm your lovely Garchomp down. If the thing that caused this can come back, we don't want it fighting us."
Maker began walking down the crater, looking around and searching.

Maker walked down the crater. She was still amazed by the size of it. After walking around for a while an officer stopped her.
"Hey Towers! What brings you here? Last time I heard you were assigned to Veilstone." The officer stood there with a smile.
Maker looked at him confused. "Sure. Um... I'm looking for someone..."
The officer pointed to the other side of the crater. "Well if that guy you were dating back in the academy is still... Well dating you... He is over there."
Maker's eyes brightened. "Yes! That's him!" She ran over as quickly as possible and sure enough, Ray was with some officers. "Hey douchebag!"

Azumi came out of the forest, she walked slowly as she saw the giant hole in the ground. Her heart beat faster as the thought of her friends being near such and event came to her mind. She stepped close to the edge and looked down. Her Buneary climbed down from her shoulder and stood next to her. Nana looked around with curiosity.

The police officer he had talked to didn’t know where Ray was, so he looked around for another person. There was someone standing near the edge of the crater. He walked towards her and asked,

‘Hi, I’m looking for someone named Ray? My friends need to find him...’

Garchomp was sniffing the air. There was something about this trainer... her scent was similar to that of Maker. He walked up and gently butted Azumi with his head.

Azumi didn't pay attention until the Garchomp softly butted her. Joan quickly turned around and growled at the dragon type shark. Azumi turned around and examined the Garchomp, she then noticed the trainer next to her. "Excuse me is this your Pokemon?"
Nana quickly hid behind Azumi and the Buneary took a step forward while still growling. Azumi looked down at her bunny Pokemon. "Stop it Joan, he isn't hurting anyone." Joan ignored her trainer's words though and kept her fight stance.

"Hi Eli." Azumi smiled when she saw the familiar face. Her Buneary stepped away from the new Pokemon and growled, ready to fight. Azumi was going to scold her when she heard Eli's question. "What do you mean by 'where is Ray'. I thought he was with you." She then turned to the confused trainer. "I'm sorry do I know you?"

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli shook his head "Just bumped into the rest of the group, we were just looking for him" He pointed to the crater "We think he might be in there. upon hearing the growling, Veon flattened herself on the ground to a position where joan was higher than her, she lowered her ears slightly and looked into the pokemons eye with all the friendliness she could muster

‘Ah, uh, well? I’m Renz, this is Garchomp, and you look exactly like a trainer I met half an hour ago and this is wierd and I was on a perfectly normal adventure when there is suddenly a big pink explosion and I meet a huge group of trainers and then I wander through a forest to find a crater where we try to find a missing trainer and, (gasp, gasp) This is NOT normal! People have used double team and another on disappeared.’

Renz fell backward and gasped for breath.
Garchomp had stood watching this for a moment or two, then ran over to Maker.

‘Chrar, Romp Garchomp!’ He tugged her sleeve, trying to get her attention.

Azumi gave Renz a weird look. "I guess another person dragged to our team." She picked up her Buneary. "Settle down Joan, I can't have you picking fights in your state."
The Buneary struggled but then gave up when she realized she was caught in her trainer's arms. Nana looked from behind Azumi and smiled at Eli. She also laughed when she saw Renz acting odd.

Maker gently pushed Garchomp away. "Not now handsome. I'm trying to get Ray's attention."

Renz got up and dusted himself off.

‘Sorry. I’m not normally like this, but it’s been a long day, things are confusing and I just needed to let out some pressure.’

Renz looked over to see where Garchomp had gone. He was standing behind Maker, looking in the same direction she was.

‘Um, you look exactly like Maker.... are you two related or something?

Ray was conversing with a police officer, trying to come to terms with what they'd seen, when Maker's trademark greeting caught his attention...
"Maker!" he waved her over to him. "D-did you see that? That giant pokemon - I've never seen anything like it! No, but you were a ways behind us... did you at least catch a glimpse of it?" He was clearly dumbfounded by what he'd seen, and so were the others who were with him... He stared at the crater for a moment, as if replaying the event in his head, before snapping back to reality.
"Where are the others? Are they safe?"

Meanwhile Lucian June arrived at the scene together, and Byron pulled up to them shortly after.
"So, whaddya make of this, Prof?" Byron quipped at Lucian. Lucian looked on with a concerned expression:
"I'm not sure..." he answered honestly.
"Well let me tell you, if this has anything to do with team Galactic I think it's time we put an end to your little civil rights movement and deal with the threat like-"
But before Byron could finish, a crack, like a firework, resonated through the air, and with a small pink flash a man materialized in the centre of the crater. His body was shrouded in mysterious white robes, veined with pink lines and bejewelled with pink orbs at the shoulders. The group of people surrounding the crater, police officers and civilians, jumped in surprised at the man's entrance; they turned toward him in stunned silence as he began to speak:
"HARKEN TO MY VOICE! FOR YOU HAVE BEEN GATHERED HERE TODAY BY THE GREAT LORD, PALKIA, SO THAT YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE! By now it is evident to all of you that Sinnoh - nay - the WORLD is plunging deeper and deeper into chaos, day by day! Crime, civil unrest, discordance between neighbours...: they have become the staples of the modern world! And as you follow your false prophets, preaching their impious solutions, all you are doing is deepening these divides! We, the Sinnohan Society for Mythic Retrogression, have tried to warn you people - my disciples preach in the streets of every major city in Sinnoh! But, alas, you have not listened to us... And so Lord Palkia and I, his humble champion Hermaeus, appear before you today to promulgate the TRUTH! But you still dare to question our divine authority, do you? fine then, let us demonstrate it: there isn't much that escapes the eye of the all-seeing lord of space, and so I will employ my master's omnipresence to expose one of your beloved false prophets as the fraud that he is... BYRON!"

Byron was startled when he heard his name. People began to whisper throughout the crowd.
"HEY! What exactly are you implying, y'old coot?" the gym leader lashed back. "How am I a 'false prophet'?"

"You have done well to cover your tracks so far, Byron - BUT NOTHING MATERIAL ESCAPES THE LORD OF SPACE! Byron has been conspiring with team Galactic! funding their operations in order to further his own fear-mongering, anti-evil-team campaign goals!"
The whispers began to intensify as people began to wonder if the mysterious man's words had any merit...

"Iron Island, of which Byron is the sole proprietor, home to a Galactic base? That, in itself, is telling enough! But if there are any of you who still believe this man, my lord implores me to tell you: conduct an investigation upon his house!"

"W-what!? What are you raving on about! Fine! check my house! you won't find anything there!" Byron appeared flustered, and those around him began to eye him suspiciously...

"Once you've discovered the truth of the situation, and thus confirmed our divine authority, we will meet again to discuss the one and only solution to the plight of the world... Until then!"

The man disappeared with another firework-like explosion, leaving everyone to try to wrap their heads around what'd just happened...

Last edited:
Azumi watched suspiciously as the mysterious man appeared and began to talk. She did everything she could to memorize his face, sounds of voice and body language. When he disappeared, she turned her attention to Byron. He seemed to be on everyone's eyes. Two officers approached him, as if trying to arrest him. Azumi walked over to them.
"This Interpol." She flashed her badge. "Byron is a suspect for an Interpol case. Therefore, I need you two to please step aside."
The two officers stood aside. Azumi leaned close to Byron, so the ones around them can't hear him. "Listen, I don't think your guilty. I'm going to pretend to arrest you so we can get away from the public. Then we'll see what to do from there." Azumi got behind him, said his rights out loud and placed hand cuffs on his wrists. She gently guided towards the forest, telling the other officers to clear the area.

Maker was frightened by the sudden appearance of the man. While he spoke all she could do was think about how he might be from another dimension. When he had disappeared, she ran over to Ray. "Hey douchebag, do you know that man?"

Renz stared in shock as a man appeared in the center of the crater and started declaring that the world was crumbling and that Byron, the Gym Leader, was associating with team Plasma. Once he disappeared, Renz stood silently for a moment before realizing:

‘Shoot! I haven’t faced Byron’s Gym yet! And if he’s in jail, that means no badge for me... it’ll be months before they get a substitute...’

Meanwhile, Garchomp had been following Maker around, but after the man disappeared, he rushed over and sniffed all over the ground near where he had stood. There were two prominent smells here; one belonging to the man, very faint but clear, and the other, a strange acrid smell that Garchomp couldn’t identify, and which made his nose sting. He started pacing around in a circle around the area to see if he could pick up the scent, but there was no more sign of it.

He huffed, and then walked back over to Renz. Renz patted his nose, and Garchomp enjoyed the attention. Then they walked towards where they had last seen Maker.

"Hey! I'm cool!" Alex joked in response to Maker's 'oh well'. "I can... uh... hm..." Alex tried and failed to come up with any party tricks he knew. Alex watched as she ran off. He turned to Renz.

"Nice to meet you, Renz," Alex said as he shook his hand. "I'm Alex. Nice to meet you too, Hardhat," Alex crouched down to greet the giant tortoise. "He's really beautiful, it looks like you take great care of him," Alex looked up at Renz.

Alex watched as he ran after Maker. Alex hesitated. He'd rather keep his distance from the suspicious hole in the forest floor.

The sudden flash startled Alex. When the man appeared and began speaking, he and Espeon listened closely. The man finished his speech and, as suddenly as he appeared, the man vanished.

"mrrrr... wow. he really thinks well belive hes with the god of space themself? what a crazy," Espeon's voice dripped with sarcasm.

Alex was equally unimpressed. "Blaming Bryon for the Iron Island incident and getting people to search his house is a pretty easy stance to take. Plus it'll take attention away from this mysterious guy, and potentially lend credibility to his argument," Alex thought aloud.

"even if nobody finds anything, he can just say they didnt look hard enough,"

"Yeah... His costume and the special effects were cool though. It's pretty impressive he managed to hide the sound of a generator somehow," Alex conceded. "Hey Arcanine, let's see if you can find anything. Look for a machine, maybe made of metal or plastic. Find it!" Alex gave the command. Arcanine immediately put her nose to the ground and started sniffing around. She wandered around the area, and began barking once she was out of sight. Alex ran over to see what she found. Reaching down to pick up the foreign object, he examined it closely. "A crushed water bottle. Litter." Alex smiled and pet Arcanine. "Keep looking girl," he encouraged.

Alex noticed the gang had gotten back together. Satisfied that the crater would now lay unused for some time, he walked over to join them. "What a show huh? I think that guy's got a future in acting." Alex noticed Bryon was there too, and was going to say something about how unfortunate it was he got caught up in this, but Alex decided against potentially interfering with an arrest. "... well, I've got Arcanine on the case. She should be able to find this guy's supplies. Smoke machine, lights, generator. Anything he left behind, no matter how well it's hidden."

Last edited:
As everybody began talking, Michael began feeling overwhelmed by all of the words, so he just cut out every word. He just looked back and fourth between everybody, waiting for the conversation to end. Once Maker said something about him being cuter and older in an alternative universe, his eyes went wide. As everybody walked away, Michael grabbed Jodi's arm and asked her "What was everybody talking about?" Jodi sighed and said:
"Okay, so here's the thing..." She began listing everything that the others have talked about one by one. As she finally finished, Michael nodded and said:
"Thank you. Let's catch up to the others." As they both nodded, they looked around and realized that everybody left. "Crap. Well, I guess we're winging it." He said with a chuckle. Jodi groaned and looked at her Charizard and Blaziken for direction. They pointed in the direction where the others went and Michael and Jodi sighed with relief. The four of them slowly made their way to the crater, just as the weird guy disappeared. Everyone was whispering and looking suspiciously at Byron, which made Michael even more confused. "Uh... What just happened?"
"Your guess is as good as mine..." Jodi replied with a sad and also confused look.

Renz spied Michael and Jodi appear out of the forest, so he went over to them,

‘You guys are a little late to the party. Some wierd guy showed up and accused Byron of working with Team Plazma. Which means he’s been arrested. And that means his gym is closed and I won’t be able to complete the Gym challenge. :(

He pointed over to the crater.

‘He appeared right in the middle of there.’

As Renz walked up to Michael and Jodi, they both looked confused as ever. They listened closly to his explanation of the current situation, but couldn't help it and both of them raised an eyebrow. "Okay... I guess everyone that has anything to do with this is nuts... I'm going home."
"What, why?" Jodi asked him surprised.
"This is boring! I know we'll win in the end, like every cliche story ends! This will be exactly like our journey back in Kalos, just a few things are tweaked! And I have no interest in taking part in something like that again!" He was about to get on Blaziken when Jodi stopped him.
"Wait, just stick around for a little bit longer! If nothing happens I'll give you 100 PokéDollars!"
"...Fine. But I'm still not enjoying this."

Renz also walked back over in time to hear Maker’s theory.

‘I don’t think he was from another dimension. And if he isn’t then we may be able to track him down, Garchomp has his scent.’

He pulled a pair of goggles out of his bag and looked at the ground by the crater.

‘There are footprints, but they don’t go anywhere. It wasn’t a smokescreen and he wasn’t invisible. The only things I can think of is that he has some kind of power, or maybe he Teleported with an Abra or something.’