• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Renz had handed the cotton candy over to Kathren at her request, and nodded when she asked them to keep an eye on Derp Lord. He had helped with the well-meaning Quagsire before... in fact, there was a good chance he and Kathren wouldn’t have become friends if Derp Lord hadn’t run off that one time...

He turned his attention to Eli for a moment when he asked his question and shrugged. He honestly didn’t care at this point, he wasn’t specifically having fun but he wasn’t bored either... yet. Maybe he could go play some games later... he decided to answer Eli out loud.

“I guess. At least we aren’t fighting for our lives...”

“Relatively often.”

Renz took another bite of cotton candy, enjoying the taste but kind of wishing he had opted for something more chocolatey. He tried to decide if he should elaborate on Derp Lord’s tendencies to wander off unless watched. When he had first met Kathren he had willingly told stories of funny occurrences that happened in his parents’ shop, but his journey had made him less open. He had gained much experience. But maybe he could tell Eli a bit...

“He gets distracted pretty easily. Unless you keep an eye on him he could wander off to meet another Pokémon, or smell a flower, or look at food, or basically anything that catches his interest...”

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
While the others were pre-occupied with a certain Quagsire, Vypyskha was sat in the background and watching the others sadly. While she was being ignored, she took the time to re-obtain her Pokeball belt again and reattach it to her body, and was now working on adjusting the settings for her scanner, which was essentially a part of her communicator. The communicator functioned as a multi-tool, and she worked to re-calibrate and adjust the scanner at least, knowing that nobody even gave any mind to her existence, and she had to keep her mind off Adolph's disappearance.

Meanwhile, Adolph himself was simply sitting on a fallen log from a tree, away from the others and far enough to avoid hearing the noises of the party, still crying to himself, essentially having a moment to himself to relax and calm down, which wasn't likely to happen, as due to the war, he has lost everyone he once held dear, and now, apart from Vypyskha, he now has nobody who cares about him, unless you count those in NanoCorp, which he has left temporarily due to what his research has been used for...

Whiton walked through the forest, smoking his cigarette and talking to himself. ¨I´m not letting you out anymore... I don´t care if they are the enemy... they are YOUR enemy, not mine... I don´t about being rich... Just go away...¨ He stopped when he noticed a man sitting on a fallen log and crying. He hesitated for a moment, it was not his business. ¨Just because I don´t go to him does not make me a bad guy... Fine I´ll prove it.¨ He told himself as he approached Adolph. ¨Hey man, you okay? Did you get lost or need something?¨ He finished his cigarette and dropped it on the floor, then stepped on it to make sure it was out.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As Whiton approached Adolph, he lifted his head up and went silent for a moment, wiping his face with a handkerchief. He took a few moments to reply, his chest heaving as if to try and hold back his tears. "Oh... Don't worry about me... It's nothing you should be worried about. It's just that because of the war out west in the Yaglecostian Dictatorship, many people have died, including almost my entire family tree, and all but one of my close friends and acquaintances. And this war started only because someone from one of the warring regions killed someone in high power... Why must my species be so horrible?" He spoke sadly, his visor changing from a pure bluish colour to more of a mixture of black and blue, showing remorse or hatred, and sadness, as always. He pressed a button on the side of said visor, and the darkened screen became more translucent, revealing his eyes.

Derp Lord gave his famous "Quag!" to Eli before he plopped down next to Eli's Pokemon. He looked at one of them, made a ball of dirt, and threw it at one of Eli's Pokemon to invoke play. He looked at the one he threw the dirt at with wide eyes that showed his eagerness.

Kathren wandered around, trying to find any sign of Maker Azumi, Michel, and Jodi. She thought that she saw Maker and Azumi near the band, so she headed over there, calling for them while not trying to drown out the music.

Maker noticed Kathern looking around. "Hey Kathern..." She hadn't thought of a word to rhyme with Kathern's name yet." ...Matherin? I need to work on that..." She ran over to her, pushing people out of the way. "What you looking for? Need a baby sitter for your Lampert?" She smiled joyfully as she bobbed her head to the music.

Kathren shook her head while she smiled "No, not that. Candle doesn't need any babysitting. That is more for Derp Lord." She realized that she was getting off-topic, so she shook her head again "But that is not what I came here for! Whiton got everyone some cotton candy, he went to help us take care of a, not hurting them, just telling them to take their problems elsewhere. Anyway he helped us and I offered to take these to everyone." She handed Maker one of the cotton candies. "So, here, I guess. Oh! And if you know where Azumi is, can you give one to her as well?"

Derp Lord go up and ran away from Lix, laughing. He enjoyed this. He liked playing with other Pokemon. He was just a huge child of a Pokemon after all.

"No, Derp Lord is with Renz right now. He can take care of him. Also, I don't like Derp Lord to be called yummy, whatever that is supposed to mean in this situation." She looked a bit confused on why she called her Quagsire 'yummy'. "Also, it was two people who came to the party and started talking about their problems and cussing. I asked them to stop the second thing, and they got mad. So I asked again. Renz and Eli nearly got envolved and Whiton asked them to leave if they were going to ruin the experience for everyone else. Anyway, I have to thank him when he comes back." She smiled and looked for Azumi while she stood there for a bit.

Renz smiled at the Pokémon’s antics, especially those of Derp Lord. He decided to let Piloswine out to play as well, pulling out the Pokéball and releasing the Ground/Ice type. Pilo immediately sniffed around for food, and Renz gave him a wad of cotton candy from his own portion, and then nudged Pilo in the direction of the other playing Pokémon. The shaggy pig waddled over and grunted a greeting, sniffing the other Pokémon to confirm their identities, since his eyes were mostly covered by matted brown fur. He kneaded the ground his front feet, creating a small bit of mud and scooping it playfully towards Derp Lord with his tusks.

Pilo shook himself in an attempt to shake off Shine. He kicked up some more mud, but luckily it didn’t hit any of the other attendants of the party. His fur was being pulled as the Eevee hung on him, and he didn’t care for that. He started to lurch forward towards Derp Lord, hoping the more farmiliar of these Pokémon would help him.

Maker looked confused. "Why not? You've never seen a Pokemon so cute you want to eat it? Not really but you get that sensation, you know? Like the actual thought of eating it is wrong, but the feeling of biting it because it is so cute." Maker stopped she wasn't sure what she was saying anymore. "Anyways, Whiton is really trying... I'm not sure if he is acting or if he really is someone else. The whole doble personality thing is too weird. But, I've never met anyone with psychological problems before..." She stopped to think for a second. "Have you? Wait, nevermind. That's a silly question. What are you looking for?" She asked when she noticed Kathern looking around.

Whiton nodded his head as Adolph spoke. "So... You ended up telling me your problem..." He leaned against a tree. "War sucks. Nobody wins in the end. It's just sad. To think we live in such a peaceful world, but someone always tries to ruin that." He took out another cigarette. "Sorry, body calls for it." He lit it and exhaled peacefully.

Renz chuckled slightly as he watched Pilo trying to shake of his ‘assailant’. It was an amusing sight, to Renz at least. He turned his attention away from the playing Pokémon to answer Eli.

“I’d be glad to battle, but not tonight. I honestly just want to relax for a while... I’ve had adventures before, but even those weren’t quite as constant as this one...”

Pilo shuffled a bit to the side. The pesky Eevee had been shaken off, but now it was facing him as if ready to battle. He glanced back to Renz to see if the trainer had any battle suggestions, but Renz was engaged in conversation. Oh, well. He was suddenly distracted as a person nearby dropped their popcorn all over the grass. With a delighted grunt, Pilo shuffled over to the site of the spill. He gave the person an inquiring look, as if asking permission to eat, then ducked his head down and began sucking up the popped kernels like a vaccum cleaner, getting whole mouthfuls of popcorn but almost no grass.

Derp Lord did not know how to get past Lix's attack. Heck! He did not know why the Eevee was using an attack. He gave Lix a confused look before his eyes rested on a bed of flowers. A huge grin appeared on his face as he tried to walk towards it, however, Lix's running around him, trapped the Quagsire.

Kathren looked even more confused. "No, I still don't understand the 'yummy' thing. For psychological problems, do people that you're not totally sure was diagnosed, count? If so, yes. Just not Whiton's problem." Kathren raised an eyebrow. "And I am looking for your sister, remember?" She could not believe that Maker forgot about the fact she was also looking for Azumi. And Michal and Jodi. Kathren inwardly sighed as she continued to look

"Oh really then who? Is it someone in our group?" She gasped. "Is it Renz? He looks normal to me, but you never know. We should know to be careful with him you know?" She looked around and then pointed at the direction she came from. "Azumi is over there." Azumi's blonde hair and Mismaguis hay could be seen in the crowd. "Want me to walk you? In this kind of concerts people get pushy."

Ray was contemplatively gazing around at the festival when all of a sudden he felt something tugging at his leg. He looked down:
"N-Nana!?" he exclaimed in disbelief, and his face lit up behind his mask. He picked the pokemon up and gave her a hug.
"Where on earth have you been all this time? Are the others with you? Gah! I'm so happy to see you again!" he gave her another hug. It was only then that he noticed two others standing nearby; he squinted through his mask:
"Jodi? And is that Micheal?"

Kathren internally sighed. "No, it isn't Renz. I doubt you know who he is." She shook her head. "Nevermind, just forget about it. Anyway, yes, I would like that, thanks." She smiled at Maker. She did not know why, but she seemed, to herself at least, to be loosening up with people. Her earlier assumption of Eli was wrong, he did not hate her like she thought he did, before their talk at the party anyway. And she found that Maker was just someone who was just very enthusiastic. At least, in her eyes. She could, of course, be wrong. She had misjudged character in the past and paid for it as well. But this group did not seem like bad people.

Derp Lord looked at Shine for a second, then pointed at the flower bed. It was like he was pointing something important out to someone. Or maybe he thought the bed of flowers were important. It was hard to tell. He waddled over to the bed, waving at Shine and Lix to follow him to what he thought to be amazing.

"R-Ray?" Michael and Jodi's voices trembled in union. They couldn't believe it. Azumi's lost boyfriend has returned!! Or so they thought, since they couldn't see his face, but his voice was exactly the same. Michael took off his Mimikyu mask and Jodi fully unzipped her Drifblim face. They ran to Ray and hugged him. Hard. Michael felt like he was about to cry, but blinked back the tears. "Oh, Ray! We were so worried about you!" Jodi said with a huge grin.
"Yeah, especially Azumi--AZUMI!!!" Michael said, his smile turning into a scowl. He released Ray, unmasked him and looked him directly in the eye. "You disappear and don't even text her? She's your girlfriend, dammit! What the hell were you doing?!" He pointed at his chest. "You BETTER go talk to her!" Jodi took him by the shoulders and made him take a step back.
"Yeah, you kinda just left us, but I think you had good reasons..." She gave Ray a serious look. "But still, Michael's right. You should go talk to Azumi. Oh, and we've got new additions, you should go meet them too." Michael rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.
"That's the least you can do..." He muttered to himself and avoided Ray's gaze.

Nana snuggled against Ray as much as possible. She squealed in delight as Ray hugged her. She even tried to push Michael and Jodi away when they hugged Ray, she didn't want to share him at the moment.

Maker grinned and walked Kathern through the crowd, pushing away anybody who got too close to them. "I'm sorry we didn't get to make your Halloween cookies." She said as she walked. "I was really looking forward to making them. Maybe we could tomorrow." She kept on going until she made it to where Azumi was, who was looking at her pokegear sadly. Maker snatched it away. "Sheeesh! Stop torturing yourself by looking at it! You won't get it back until tomorrow." She put away Azumi's pokegear and began eating her cotton candy. "By the way Kathern is looking for your."

Azumi gave Maker an upset look until she saw Kathern and lightened up. "Hi Kathern, is everything okay? Are you enjoying the festival?"

Kathren was about to say it was fine, but they reached Azumi before she could tell her that. She waved at Maker's twin. "Hey, Azumi. Yeah, everything is fine and I guess. I've never been a fan of parties, even when they are small like this one." Kathren forced herself back on track, having answered Azumi's questions. "Anyway, Whiton got us all cotton candy, so I am hading them all out. If you want more details, talk to Maker, because I am not explaining it again."

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Apparently, as it seems that Vypyskha was largely ignored by the others, she huffed loudly and called out her Eevee, hoping to draw some attention to her newest friend. She began to groom the Eevee's silver coat, which started to gleam softly. "Oh, you're due for an evolution soon, little guy. I'm not sure if I should keep you as you are, or evolve you! But it's your choice more than it is mine, would you like to evolve, Argent?" The young woman spoke, her Russian accent actually sounding quite pleasant now that she was finally at peace, knowing that her baby was safe. "Vee! Eevee, evoui! Voi!" *'Oh, my lady! I'd prefer to wait until I can handle power a bit better before evolving! Remember back when I knew hyperbeam?'* He cried softly, speaking to his Russian mistress and chuckling nervously with memories of the past. Vypyskha simply gave a sly smile and shook her head softly, a strange purr emanating from her chest.

Meanwhile, Adolph gave a sad smile and nodded, making sure to lock his Pokeballs to avoid having his Pokémon break free, as he felt clear dangerous vibes from them, they were ready to attack to 'protect' their master. "Finally, someone understands... Yes, war is a pointless endeavour, there is no real point in war..." He replied, sighing sadly. As Whiton pulled out a cigarette, Adolph pulled up his jacket to cover his face, so he didn't have to breath in the smoke. "Ahh, bad habits are always the harder ones to break." He commented, his voice slightly muffled.

Azumi looked a little confused. "What other details?" She asked Maker.

Maker shrugged. "I was just going to give you the candy. Maybe the fact that Whiton bought it for everyone is odd."

Azumi thought about it for a second or two. "True, he really is trying to fit in. If I recall correctly, the red head one did something for you back in the VR, didn't he?" She looked at Kathern for an answer.

Whiton blew the smoke in the opposite direction. "Right. Sorry, it's what keeps me sane. Literally. Really sorry to hear about your region though, you could however, help to save this one. We can't ignore the fact that something is going on and nobody seems to be doing anything for it." He inhaled his cigarette again and then blew the smoke out quickly. "I basically have to. Maybe that way I can redeem myself. But you, you get to choose. Be the better man or... Sit on a log in the middle of the forest crying about something that already happened." He looked at Adolph, his brown eyes glowing in the moonlight, and smiled.

Kathren shook her head. "Never mind about details then." Kathren sighed, not liking the topic. "As for Redton, yeah, he did help me. Saved me from getting hit by a purple ghost Spinda with a kitchen knife. Let's just say I broke down when I saw him, the Spinda that is. Redton, I was angry with. Anyway, he did not have to help me, but he did. Then immediately went crazy. Anyway, I am still thankful." She was silent for a second, thinking. "Even his crazy side wasn't very aggressive for some reason. Just a bit too giggly for getting slashed by a ghost Spinda that wants to kill the person that you were defending."

Derp Lord frolicked around the flower, careful not to tread on them. Which he was close to doing multiple times. He did not notice Shine's confusion but thought the Eevee liked the flowers as well. Derp Lord stopped frolicking and knelt down in front of the flowers to smell.

Azumi paid close attention to Kathern. "I see. I'm starting to believe their split personality story more now, but I still can't get comfortable around Whiton."

Maker laughed and looked at Kathern. "It's funny because from what I heard, Ray used to be a criminal and Azumi trusted him like nothing. I was like Whaaaat when I arrived and was told she was hanging out with a criminal."

Azumi glared at her sister. "It's different. Ray was trying to take down the bad guys, not kidnapping people."

Maker shrugged. "You still followed a criminal AND his brother into war basically. Anyways, I believe the split personality story. He had plenty of chances to strike and hasn't. But, changing the subject. The band is done." She pointed at the stage, the current band was saying goodbye.

"Thank you everyone! And now... Please welcome... The Night Dazzlers!" The singer of the band screamed as he walked off stage.

A group of men, wearing dark purple Pachuco suits, came on stage, each with a different instrument. One of them walked over to the microphone. "Good night ladies and gentlemen, I hope y'all ready to dance. Cuz we gonna dazzle all night long!" They began playing a smooth, moving Jazz song.

Azumi smiled at the band. "I love their music I can't believe I'm watching them live."

Maker looked at Kathern. "Wanna dance? You just gotta snap your fingers." She began bobbing her head and snapping the fingers on her left hand, the healthy one.

Ray was elated to see Micheal and Jodi again, but he was also in shock.
"I disappear!?" he exclaimed. "You're the ones who've been missing for over a month!" At that moment he realized he'd been unmasked, and hastily readjusted it so that it cast a shadow over his face. He spoke in a lower voice than before.
"I tried to get in contact with you guys, you know... but I'm in a bit of a predicament, so I have to lay low..." He glanced around shiftily. "I think I'm relatively safe here, but the big cities are another story..." he trailed off. "But the real question is: where have you guys been? Errr - never mind that for now! too much to talk about... Did you say Azumi's here? Where? Can you take me to her?"
Ray was a little overwhelmed. His friends who had been mysteriously absent for the past month nonchalantly reappear at some festival in Twinleaf town?

"We disappeared? We just moved in from the whole Byron issue and went to another, but you were with Lucian! And Azumi never got any messages," Michael protested to Ray's claims, but Jodi ended up covering his mouth.
"Not now. We've gotta get going. Either that or Nana will squish him to death," she said as Michael moved her hand from his mouth.
"Alright, let's take him to Azumi. But first, I'm keeping this!" He put the Sableye mask in his basket. He put on his Mimikyu mask and Jodi zipped up her Drifblim face. She got a hold of his wrist while Michael got behind him. She began dragging Ray to where Azumi was listening to the band. "Almost there...," She said as they got closer and closer to Azumi's location. "There!" Azumi was now in sight. She let go of Ray's wrist and her and Michael gave him a little push towards his girlfriend, after they grabbed Nana.
"You'll go back to hugging Ray after him and Azumi settle things," Michael whispered in her little ear, slowly swaying her from side to side.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
He sighed, and replied simply, but his words held deep meaning, at least to him. "Honestly, mate, while I have seen much torment, and while most people would have given up at trying to make the world a better place. But... I tried what I could to improve the world, to get rid of evil and injustice... But I have failed... If I tried to help your group defeat the person who you want to, would I even be useful at all? And... Who's to say we will be successful? I mean, I quit NovaCorp as AN ADMIN, someone who I thought would have POWER over what his research is used for, because when I was away with your group, they changed the way they modified Pokémon cybernetically, and stopped caring about the wellbeing of both Pokémon and people... The new cybernetic process MAY make them stronger than they were before the changes, but it is inhumane and puts them through incredible pain while the cybernetics fuse with their organics... I tried to stop them, tried to use my position as the leader of both the Biotechnology and DNA subdivisions of the company to stop them, but, sadly... Nothing changed, so I quit temporarily so I didn't have to see suffering... And so my Pokémon didn't have to face the impending 'upgrades,' as they wanted to give my Pokémon cybernetic enhancements..." He finished, unlocking the ball for his Luxray, who quickly appeared and nuzzled him.

"H-hey, wait!" Ray objected when Micheal took his mask. He surveyed his surroundings and sighed. Well, it should be okay I guess...
He allowed himself to be dragged to Azumi's location. A concert? how carefree! he thought himself. Is this really what everyone's been doing while I've been... no, there must be another explanation. He brushed aside his bewilderment for the moment to focus on the present; he could see Azumi now, and all he really wanted to do was reunite with her.
Micheal grabbed Nana and Ray made his way over. What the hell do I say? It's gonna be a shock no matter what...
He cleared his throat:
"Isn't this one of your favourite bands? what are the odds! Or - I guess it wouldn't surprise me if your dad personally flew them out here or something... aha.

Kathren saw Michal and Jodi, the two other people she was looking for. They pushed someone to Azumi for a reason she could not comprehend. "Um, I'm just going to hand these two to Jodi and Michal real quick, then get out of the concert zone and back to where I was at... By Arceus, I hate concerts. They are just so loud." She mumbled the last two sentences, so then her small amount of negativity did not affect anyone around her. She strode over to Jodi and Michal and handed them the cotton candy. "From Whiton." She stood there, waiting for them to accept the treat.

Michael and Jodi watched Ray intently, wanting to see what he would say to his girlfriend who thought that something bad happened to him. And just like they thought, Ray said the stupidest thing ever. Michael and Jodi rolled their eyes at the same time, and shook their head. "He couldn't have messed it up more." Michael whispered to his friend. Jodi just nodded, too ashamed for Ray to even say something. When Kathren came to them, they didn't even move their gaze one milimeter. Michael reached out for the cotton candy and gave Jodi hers.
"Thanks." Jodi said, not even realizing what she was holding. They were THAT invested in the conversation.

"How do you know this band is..." She stopped talking when she turned and saw Ray. She was surprised for a second or two, then she looked like she was about to cry and finally a smile spread across her face. She threw herself at Ray and hugged him tightly. She buried her face in his shoulder and gripped his back. "I missed you so much." She said as she snuggled her face against his shoulder.

Maker looked over and a big grin appeared on her face. "Douchebag! I thought you were dead! You're like Magikarp, who knows how you survived so long." She walked over next to Michael, Jodi and Kathern. She took a deep breath. "Ah! Peace of mind. You guys feel that?"

Nana squealed and snuggled against Michael, while kicking her legs out of joy.