• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Kathren watched the party. Sure, she could go out and socialize, but she had no reason to. Heck, she did not want to! She was never the one who went out to 'make friends', she always tried to keep any socialization to business, unless she found that she liked the person, as a friend of course. Renz was one of those few, and she knew that she should try to get on better terms with everyone that she was with. She shrugged the idea off and stood near the food table, looking at the party by the lake while she crossed her arms. If they wanted to talk to her, then they could come to talk to her themselves.

Kathren smiled. "It's fine. Besides, you were lucky enough to get a clone? Is clone the right word? I'm just going to roll with it. A clone that did not want to kill you. Unlike me." She muttered the last sentence, somewhat scornfully. She quickly realized what she implied. "I'm not jealous or anything, just glad at least one of us didn't have to worry about our other self, in the VR, trying to kill us." She looked around, trying to see if anyone else heard her. She knew she sounded crazy and she did not want to be thought of that one crazy person who "Oh boy, I'm just confusing myself now." She covered her head with one hand due to the headache she gave herself from thinking about the VR thing.

Kathren did not know what to say. She was good with business talk and long conversations, but she was awful at small-talk. She just could not stand it, or keep things going without it becoming awkward. "Oh, um, well, thanks I guess? I'm just not that good with parties. I'm usually the one skipping out on those because I would rather do other things. Also, I'm not that good with people." Kathren facepalmed at what she said. "Oh Arceus, that sounded bad," she muttered.

Last edited:
Kathren smiled and raised an eyebrow. "You better not, I really don't like those types of people." She realized that she just left out their aggressors, making it seem like, to her, that she was super petty. "Although, they are more along the lines of 'I don't like these types, but there are worse out there.' You know?" She then thought that it seemed like she was trying too hard to not upset him. This made her internally sigh and made her beat herself up about it. The fact she was trying not to upset anyone made her seem indecisive, to herself. She could not be indecisive. If something went wrong, she needed to take action fast. Or maybe she just had super high anxiety.

Last edited:
Maker ate a caramel apple while listening to the music next to Azumi. She looked around and for the first time in a long time, she felt relaxed and safe. Maybe this all they needed. Some time to forgot about the giant mess they had gotten involved in. She looked over at Michael and Jodi and smiled. Then, turned back to the band that was currently playing. They began playing a song called "Sweet Child of Mine." Maker's eyes brightened.
"My dad loves this song."

Azumi smiled as she heard her sister. Nana got so excited she began using her disarming voice. Azumi got worried until she saw some people cheering her on to continue. Both sisters just listened to the song, they finally felt at peace.

As the two of them stepped on the party grounds, they were infatuated with the decorations. "This one is cool! It's got a nice vibe!" Jodi said with a grin, that you could not see through her costume.
"I know! I'm so glad that the white Booger, Whiton, found the flyer for this!" Michael responded to his ballon friend. "Wait, where is he?" They both looked around, trying to spot the psycho. "...Eh, he'll be back eventually. If not, good riddance!" He smiled and they began walking around the other people, making their way to the food table. They gave each other a look and then began eating. When they were full they turned their attention to the band. Michael was tapping his foot and snapping his fingers, while Jodi was bobbing her head.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Naturally, as nobody seemed to notice Adolph, he continued to angrily glare at Vypyskha, not even noticing the others around him as he interrupted the party,, or rather just dropped out of the sky. "You know, 'Pyskha, you are a bitch, you know that? You see me suffering from the same thing that both killed your entire group of friends and family back home, and my existing family and most of my friends, and you treat me horribly because I AM FUCKING DEPRESSED! I'M SORRY THAT THE LAST FAMILY AND FRIENDS I HAD DIED IN A WAR, I THOUGHT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND!" He shouted loudly at her, and before she could respond, turned away from her and burst into tears, clearly suffering, the poor guy. Vypyskha sighed and tried to pull him into a hug, to apologize, but he shied away, fearing that she would hurt him more. "L-leave me alone... I d-do not want to be h-hurt even worse..." Adolph spoke, covering his face with his arms. His female counterpart chose to ignore his pleas. and instead pulled him into a hug, and rubbed his back softly. "Shh, look, I'm sorry, alright? I didn't mean to hurt you... My anger took control, I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to hurt you..." She spoke, cooing softly to him, as he began to relax, letting his guard down as he cried.

Kathren, who was trying to ignore Aldoph and Vypyskha, was angry with the cursing. "This is a family-friendly party," she snarled at the two, "keep the cursing at a minimum, please." Her tone changed to more of a falsely sweet voice with her next sentence. "There are children nearby." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Sorry that you had to see me gripe at them, Eli, but they should not be saying those kinds of words in a family setting. Disgraceful. Anyway, I can see that. Although, I don't really put in the effort to make people happy, unless I am close to them, like Renz." She blushed slightly when she said his name. "I mean, we have been friends for quite some time now. He has my back and I have his. I would not let anything stand in the way of our friendship. I can't. He is the closest friend that I have had in a long time."

Last edited:
Ray ducked through the crowds, trying to lose the police officer still hot on his tail.
"Excuse me! Sorry! Sorry! I'm really sorry!" he apologized as he squeezed through groups of pedestrians.
"Don't let him get away!" the officer would shout intermittently, and a good-samaritan festival-goer would reach out and try to apprehend him; but Ray managed to evade all their attempts.
He needed to find a place with lots of people, where the officer wouldn't be able to find him...He saw signs for a festival by the lake, and decided it'd be an appropriate destination.
On his way there he noticed a man leaning against a food stand, chatting with his friends; he held a sableye mask inattentively in his dangling hand. Ray made a brief detour to swipe the mask and throw his own yamask variant back at the man in exchange, along with a curt apology:
"I really need this - sorry!"
Ray threw on the new mask, and by the time he reached the festival it seemed as though he'd lost his pursuer. He let out a sigh of relief and slowed down to a walking pace, blending in with the people around him.
Now I just wait for things to simmer down a bit, and head back to the forest...
He looked around at the booths, and the decorations, and all the people enjoying themselves, and smiled sadly behind his mask.
It'll be hard to hold back, but I can't spend too much time here...

When the song was over, Azumi lowered Nana. "Want to go get some food?" She asked her Kirlia. Nana nodded happily but then her expression completely changed. She looked around despertly. Azumi noticed this and picked her up. "Oh no, no teleporting here. There's too many people. You have to stay with us the entire time or you go into your pokeball."

Nana looked like she was about to cry, but disobeying Azumi like that was something she couldn't do. She looked around as if looking for something. She then thought of an idea and pointed at Michael.

"You want to go with Michael?" Azumi looked confused and a little offended. "Well it's fine as long as you don't do anything you shouldn't." She put Nana down.
Nana ran over to Michael and grabbed his hand, looking up at him and smiling.

Whiton showed up with blue and pink cotton candies. He walked over to Kathern and Eli. "Here you go. Go ahead and choose one." He offered the cotton candies to them.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Naturally, Adolph was too busy crying into Vypyskha's arms to reply to Kathrin's angry comment towards him, but the Female comforting him took great offense, and glared at her with enough anger and enough force to make Arceus themselves flinch. "How dare you! Do you know how badly we are suffering?! Our families are dead because of war, and none of our friends back home survived! Just leave him alone, alright? If it wasn't for NanoCorp's regeneration clones, he would have ended it all. We don't need your abuse, alright?" She snapped angrily, and ripped off her Pokeball belt, whipping the belt and balls into the forest out of rage, before continuing to hug Adolph.

Kathren sighed at Vypyskha resort. "All I asked is that you refrained from cursing at a family-friendly event. You know how impressionable children are. That's all I asked." She then turned her attention to Whiton and gave him a smile. "Thanks, Eli, I don't care which one I gt. I mean, the only difference is color, right? Anyway, did you get some for the others, Whiton?" Derp Lord found being in a Pokeball boring, so he did his signature busting out of the Pokeball and giving his "Quag!"

Renz heard the angry shouting and opened his eyes, to see a woman yelling angrily at Kathren. He scrambled to his feet and moved over to them, glaring at the man and woman facing his friend. He didn’t say anything, because he didn’t know what was going on, but he was on Kathren’s side until convinced she was absolutely in the wrong. He had arrived just in time to hear Kathren’s last words to the woman, and to be almost knocked over by Derp Lord as the lovable Quagsire burst out of his ball.

"Plenty for everyone..." Whiton said as he noticed the woman snapping at Kathern. He noticed Renz arrived also. He handed over the cotton candies to Renz. "You guys go ahead and catch up to the rest. No need for you all to deal with this."
He stood in front of Vypyskha. "Listen, how about you and your friend take this away from the people. It is a festival, not a funeral. Besides, who walks into the middle of a family event to cry and be angry? Come on, be reasonable and step aside."

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolph soon stopped crying, and burst free from Vypyskha's grasp, much to her dismay, and started walking off, looking back to the group only long enough to speak a single phrase. "And I came back hoping I wouldn't be treated with disrespect... I was hoping you would understand my pain, but if you don't, why am I even here? You people wouldn't care if I bloody well left, and this time, I won't return." He then ran off, accidentally leaving behind his communicator with the reports on the war far away still loaded, and didn't even look back, soon disappearing into the night with tears streaming down his face, leaving his Staraptor behind, who simply stared into the trees in confusion. Vypyskha stayed where she was in shock, but then glared at the group, only softening her look as she realized Whiton spoke. "God... I don't know what to do anymore... Should I go after him or do as requested, and join your group... I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!" She exclaimed, putting her head in her hands as her wrist communicator began to beep, which she silenced with the press of a button. "Ohh... I doubt he will come back, he won't listen to reason... Oh Arceus... Help us now... Fine, I will come with you... I might as well listen to reason, unlike Adolph..."

Michael turned around when he heard his name. His eyes filled with joy when he heard Nana's request. He quickly chewed the food he had in his mouth and swallowed, and stretched his arm out, which Nana took. "Yes!" He yelled, grinning from ear to ear. He pat her head and turned to Jodi. "Did ya hear? Nana chose to stay with ME!"
"I heard that!" Jodi turned to him. "I guess all your desperate acts of trying to earn her trust worked!" Michael looked at her like she just killed his family.
"They were no-- Okay, they were a little desperate. But look!" She picked Nana up and showed her to Jodi. "She la sooooo cute!" He began throwing her in the air and then catching her, trying to get her to laugh.

Nana giggled as she was thrown in the air. She then grabbed on to Michael so he could stop. She pointed at a food stand that was away from the group. It was an ice cream stand.

Azumi walked over and handed Michael some money. "You mind taking her for some ice cream? Just be careful and take someone with you. She seems to want to be away from me for some reason." Azumi looked confused and worried. "But that probably means she will hit her teen years soon, I knew it was going to happen one day."

Kathren gave Eli a confused look. "What, what? Is there something wrong?" She was genuinely concerned. Until she remembered that it could be Halt. "Oh, talking to your inner voice again. Ok, just remember to let people know. It gets kinda weird to listen to one-sided conversations. And it's not like you are hiding it." Derp Lord looked at Renz, giving him a confused look.

Renz was almost as confused-looking as Derp Lord when Whiton handed him a lot of cotton candies and told him not to eat them. He returned Derp Lord’s confused gaze, and was about to hand him some cotton candy when he thought better of it. He was pretty sure Kathren would be fine with Derp Lord having some cotton candy, but it was always more polite to check with a trainer before giving their Pokémon some food.

“Hey Kathy, is it okay if Derp Lord has some cotton candy? I just wanted to check.”

Renz smiled at Kathren, and then turned his attention back to Derp Lord. He picked out one of the cotton candies for Derp Lord to take, waiting for his reaction. He recalled one occasion where they had all gotten chocolate popsicles, and Derp Lord’s reaction to those. It was a fun memory, and he was glad they had all gotten to spend that time together... Garchomp, of course, wouldn’t go near the popsicles, let alone eat one, so his had been eaten by Renz as well. Renz entered a reverie of fun moments spent with Kathren and her Pokémon.

"Let's dig in, then."

Renz handed Kathren a cotton candy and then took a large bite out of one of the ones he was holding. He looked at Derp Lord to see if he understood he was supposed to eat it, and at the same time enjoyed the taste of the stringy, cottony goodness that was almost pure sugar.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolph's female counterpart looked down to the ground as she is asked who she is, and sat down on the ground, using a small hidden hologram emitter to hide her upper face with a shadow, specifically her eyes. "I'm... Nobody you would know... Just a friend of Adolph, you know, the scientist who nobody likes and who everybody wishes was gone. The guy who took off basically..." She replied sadly, not exactly knowing what to say.

Michael laughed along with Nana. "You are sooooooo cute!" He put her on his shoulders and looked at Azumi when she gave him money. He didn't know he had to pay for the food. He still did not think it was necessary, so he thought it was weird for Azumi to give him money, but he did not complain. When Azumi mentioned Nana reaching her teen years, his eyes widened. When she left, he spoke to Nana. "Oh. My. Gosh. Nana! Did you hear that? You're going to be a Gardevoir soon! Wait, does that mean I'm not gonna be able to carry you on my shoulders anymore? Does that mean you're gonna leave all the childishness behind? When he was about to break into tears, Jodi pat him on the back. "Don't think about that. Come on, let's go get ice cream." They went to the ice cream table and began feeding Nana and themselves.

While Nana loved spending time with Michael and Jodi. She was also despertly looking around, as if looking for something she lost. She ate some of the ice cream she was given and then jumped off. She was told not to teleporting, but she could still run.
Nana began moving through the crowds despertly looking around. She kept searching until she stopped and jumped joyfully as she looked at a man wearing a Sableye mask. She pointed at him and dance her way over to the man. When she got there, she looked up at him, smiled and then hugged his leg.

Azumi and Maker continued to watch the band perform.

Michael and Jodi were laughing at a joke that Michael said, mouth full of ice cream. But suddenly, Michael stopped laughing, his eyes widened. He looked behind, and gasped. Nana was running away. He felt like his whole world was falling apart. He lost one of the cutest Pokémon, Azumi was gonna kill him, and the worst part is, there was no more chocolate ice cream. He grabbed Jodi by the wrist and ran after her.
"Woah!" Jodi yelled as Michael pulled her wrist, confused and slightly upset.
"No time to explain, Nana is gone!" Jodi gasped and ran faster. After what feels like a lifetime they saw Nana. "NANA!!!" Michael said with tears in his eyes. He was about to hug her when he noticed that he was hugging a man. Jodi slightly unzipped her costume so she could see better.
"Nana, who is this?"

Kathren accepted the cotton candy and tutored Derp Lord on eating the treat. Derp Lord understood a little too well. He opened his mouth wide and ate the entire cotton candy, including the stick it was on. He gave a few chews, swallowed, then gave his signature "Quag!", however, he did not swallow all of the cotton candy so his mouth was filled with sticky pink stuff and a stick. With her free hand, Kathren facepalmed and muttered, "Not like that, Derp Lord. Oh, boy, this is going to be fun to clean up."

Renz chuckled as he took another bite of his cotton candy. He thought if she had Derp Lord use a water move it might help wash the cotton candy out of his mouth, but now was not the time. Derp Lord could easily spill cotton-candied water all over the place, so maybe wait for a bit. He still held the other cotton candies, and tried to figure out what to do with them. He winced a bit as yet another song began to play, moved to cover his ears but remembered the cotton candy and rolled his eyes in resignation.

Kathren gave Renz a sympathetic look. "Hey, give me the cotton candy. I'll hand them out to everyone. Ok?" She looked at Derp Lord as she gave an exasperated sigh. "Derp Lord stay here, please. Just stay close to Renz and Eli." She looked at Renz and Eli. "Can you two keep an eye on him? I really didn't want him to bust out of his Pokeball during this party. Let's just say he is highly curious and absent-minded. Renz knows first-hand just how bad it can get." She let out a snort of laughter. The warnings were mostly for Eli, who she was sure he did not know of what happened when she turns a blind eye on the blue Pokemon for even a second.

"Thanks, but you don't have to be so protective. I mean, he won't recognize it as you placing him on high security, but he does mean well. Just he forgets and wanders off." Kathren shook her head at Derp Lord bidding him well as she went to find the others. Derp Lord raised his arms in the air and opened his mouth. No sound came out. He just stood there, surrounded by two of Eli's Pokemon.