• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

Krookodile sank to the ground. Renz sat down next to him, and gave him a quick fist bump before returning him to his Pokéball. Renz was filled with relief when Azumi announced that he had officially won, and glanced over at his mom to see what she was doing.

Terisa walked over to Falkner and stoked the feathers on his head before returning him to his Pokéball. She put the Pokéball away and then walked over to Azumi before answering her question.

“Because I just heard that my son, who has been missing for a month, just went through... well, a lot. You know what happened better than I do. If this sort of thing keeps happening, I need to know he can keep himself safe.”

Kathren ran over to Renz, a huge smile on her face. It looked like she was about to cry. "Renz! I was so worried! What if you lost? What if you had to leave? I-I I'm just glad you won." She reached out her hand to Renz as an offer to help him up. She had a strong urge to hug him, but everyone was watching and he was on the ground right now.

Renz grinned up at Kathren, and accepted her assist-up. He nodded to her as she spoke.

“I... well, I couldn’t refuse the battle, because if I had I probably would have had to go straight home without a chance. But hey! It turned out alright! And my team did a great job.”

Renz patted the Pokéballs that contained the injured Pokémon. He realized he would need to stop by the mart and the Center, because he still hadn’t restocked his healing items. But for now he walked over to the rest of the group. His mom still looked slightly upset, but also much happier.

Whiton had been watching from far while smoking a cigarette. He put it out and approached the group. ¨So... I´m up for the party.¨

Maker looked at Whiton. ¨You do not get an opinion! But, I guess I could use a party after all of this...¨

Azumi was busy looking at her pokegear.

¨We could get us some last minute costumes and then take the little Kirlia and Michael to get some candies, then head to the party.¨ Whiton told everyone. He just wanted to keep the group together, for his own safety, and somewhere deep inside, he sort of cared for them. Just a little though.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YEAH YA!" Michael cheered at the top of his lungs.
"Good job, Renz!" Jodi congratulated the winner. Both of them thought that he would lose, but did not mention that part. "So the party is next?" Jodi asked, right before Whiton mentioned Michael.
"Nobody asked you, boog--- Wait, did you say CANDY???!!!" Michael squeled with delight. Jodi glared at him. "Don't worry, I won't eat too many." He turned to Azumi with a wide smile. "So that means that I can take Nana to accompany me on the candyspree?"

Renz nodded. He was about to say something when his mom wrapped him in a hug.

“Bye, Renz. Check in often. I have to get back to the shop.”

With that his mom jogged off in the direction of the Pokémon Center and was soon out of sight. Renz sighed and then turned back to the group.

“I’m ready to go when you guys are. I need to get my team healed up, but if we go to the Mart to pick up Costumes or Candy then I can get some potions while we are there.”

"Aw yeah!" Michael cheered. This is the happiest he's been in a looooooong time. He couldn't wait to see Nana again, because he loves kids. Well, he likes babies better than toddlers, since toddlers are just building personality, and can get a little needy. While, babies don't really have one. And Nana is close enough. And he loved her. And candy. So that is the escape he needed from all the weird drama that was going on with Whiton, and Maker, and Kathren's grumpiness, and Renz's mother, and his lists.
"So, are we going?" Jodi asked, getting a little impatient.

"Well let's go, Nana, you want to rest in your pokeball until tonight?" Azumi asked her Kirlia as she put her pokegear away.
Nana shook her head.
"Ok, but you're walking Missy." Azumi replied.
Nana pouted and began walking hand to hand with her trainer.

Maker returned Roy and began to follow. "So what costumes did you buy?" She asked her sister.

"Well Nana chooses a black cloak, I got a Mismagius costume. It had a hat and dress, it's pretty good to be just a costume." Azumi replied.

"Huh... Then maybe I can be oooooh a lampert like Kathern's!" Maker said excitedly. "But I don't have time to order one... Maybe a Braixen! Oh how I want a Braixen... But that would be cool, right guys?" She turned around to look at everyone.

Whiton just followed the group with his hands in his pocket, looking around for anything suspicious.

Renz nodded to Maker’s question, but seemed slightly distracted. He walked in silence until they were within view of the Mart, then darted forward. Once in the shop he went straight to the Medicine Section and began picking out some healing items. He brought these up to the front counter, purchased them, got a bag and put most of them inside, and then walked outside to apply some medicine to his injured Pokémon. He planned to go back in with the others to look at costumes, but getting his team feeling better was his priority for the time being.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli walked with the group, smiling and nodding at Makers question looking down he whispered to himself "I just realized in that fight, I don't know your pokemon's move pool, can you teach me?" "Yeah, sure" Halt began to rattle moves in Elis head, along with some strategies he uses them for

"Hm.... I wonder if there are any Togedemaru costumes...." Michael said, deep in thought. He turned to Jodi and pointed at his cap. "You know, to stay on brand."
"Yeah!" Jodi chuckled. "I guess I could search for a Jigglypuff costu-- OH GOSH!!!" She quickly stepped aside, before Renz knocked into her. "Wow, I guess he really wants to heal his Pokémon. That's sweet of him." While Jodi looked at Renz being a good trainer, Michael looked behind him, noticing that Whiton is still with them. He turned to Maker and asked. "Why didn't you let him die, again?"

Renz let out his Pokémon and gave them the medicine. He was not very skilled medicinally, but he knew a lot about items in general and it was not at all hard to heal up his team. He returned them to their Pokéballs to give the potions some time to take effect. Once he was done, he walked back into the store to browse the costumes.

He looked around the costume section, but hadn’t seen anything he liked in his size. There was a Claydol costume, but he wasn’t sure that was something he wanted to wear. It looked pretty stuffy. He continued to browse, peeking behind other costumes to see if there were any concealed in the back.

"Because we are the good guys." Azumi replied to Michael's question.

Maker looked back at Whiton also. "Yeah, would you have let him die?" She asked Michael.

Whiton noticed they were watching him and waved at Michael and Maker with a smile.

"Maybe the whole personality thing was true and he is good right now... He isn't acting like before." Maker whispered to Michael.

Azumi read the flyer for the Halloween party out load. "Get ready for a night more wild than an angry Primeape. Get wasted and wake up with a Jynx. Get caught by the popo. Remember to wear your craziest costume." She looked at it for a while. "I don't understand. Whats wrong with having a Jynx? I've never seen one, are they scary? And get wasted? Does that mean like really tired? And who's popo and why let him catch me? Oh! It must be a game like hide n seek! Sounds fun!" She looked down at Nana, who clapped her small hands with excitement.

Maker laughed. "Oh boy I can't wait to see her face when we get there."

"Of course I would've let him to die! What, it's not like he won't stab us in the back later!" Michael whispered back to Maker. He stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Azumi read a poster. His eyes went wide at what it said. He leaned over to Maker. "Um, Maker? On that poster it says about getting wasted... I don't think us minors are allowed to go..." Jodi also leaned in.
"Do you guys think that the lad who desgined that poster was drunk while using it?"

Maker snickered. "I know, I can't wait to see her face when she sees the kind of party we are going to. By the way..." She whispered to Michael and Jodi. "Do not mention Ray. Like at all. Yesterday she fell asleep reading through their old messages. She is freaking out that she can't locate him but won't admit to it. So we need to entertain her as much as possible and avoid boyfriend related stuff."

Whiton walked up to Maker, Michael and Jodi. "Why are we whispering?" He said in a whisper. "Are we making fun of Eli? Cuz boy do I have some jokes."

Azumi noticed half the group whispering to each other. She looked at Renz and Eli confused, wondering if they knew what was going on.

Renz had completely missed the entire discussion as he dug through costumes. He had found a Gastly ‘costume’ although it was really more of a black outfit and a mask-helmet thing that looked like a Gastly. He took a close look at it, grabbed it, but continued to search. He was sure he could find something else.

Michael hissed at Whiton. "This conversation does not concern you. Like, at all. And keep those smoke-covered jokes to yourself." Of course he was being frosty to the guy that broke Maker's fingers. He couldn't believe that Maker would even allow him to stay with the group. Plus, he smokes. Michael hates that.
"Moving swiftly on..." Jodi wanted to change the topic. She looked at Azumi. "When is this, quote on quote 'party' starting, anyway?"

Whiton laughed at Michael's comment and walked away to look at some items.

Maker placed her arm around Michael. "Let's go get us some costumes!" She dragged him away into the store.

Azumi looked at the flyer. "Well Jodi, it says 10 pm. Maybe it's a sleepover. We could go get candies and then go there afterwards. But if it's too late for everyone, we don't have to go."

"At, ten, huh..." Jodi said, taking in Azumi's answer. "I'm surprised it doesn't start at midnight. It would have been perfect." She looked at Maker and Michael. She ran after them, yelling. "Wait for me!!!"
In the store, there were a lot of Pokémon based costumes, and a few based on Evil Team grunts. "Wow, all of these are in really good shape..." Jodi said, touching the leaf of a Bayleef costume.
"I think we should split up to search for the perfect costumes and then meet back at the cash register." Michael pitched in the idea.
"Perfect!" Jodi agreed with him. And then, Michael took off to the west wing of the shop and Jodi went upstairs.

Kathren listened to the entire party exchange and decided that she was not going. Not in a million years. She sighed as she entered the costume shop. She never really dressed up as anything other than a restaurant employee before. She was far to busy with helping her parents' restaurant. Well, more like her family's. Rachel, her younger sister, was the one who dressed up, usually with a sickening amount of pink. She stalked the racks, only stopping if something caught her eye, and searched. She found that she did not like any of the options. And disappointed too. There was nothing here that made you dress up as a career! It slightly insulted her due to the fact her uniform for her parents' restaurant was her 'costume'. That was the only thing she ever dressed up as, an employee of Tretoes Family Restaurant. She also helped out, but was not an employee, officially. Ok, maybe she never dressed up before. Which made her problem even worse.

"Machamp costume? No. Minun costume? No. Herdier costume? No." Michael was searching for the right costume in the west wing of the costume shop. "Ugh, why is it so hard to find-- Oooooh, pretty!" He buried his head through the racks and pulled out a Mimikyu costume. "I mean, it's no Togedemaru, but it's super pretty. Hm, but let's see some others..." He looked around himself for a moment and looked back at his costume. "Mimikyu it is." He walked back to the cash register, only to find Jodi there with a Drifblim costume in her arms. "How did you get here so quickly?" He asked her surpised.
"I don't need twenty minutes to decide on a costume." Jodi said with a sarcastic tone.

Azumi tried to convince Nana to get another costume, but Nana refused to change her black cloak. "Fine. You had your chance." She told her Kirlia as she walked with Eli through the candy section. "Now what candy should we give away..."

Maker looked through the evil team outfits. "Now this looks interesting..." She pulled out a team magma outfit. "They were but crazy but had a cute outfit." She took it with her and ran over to Michael and Jodi at the register. "I got my costume! Are you two good with money? I can pay them of necessary." She smiled excitedly, she was anxious to try on the costume.

Renz met Jodi, Michael and Maker by the cash register, holding the Gastly costume. He hadn’t been able to find anything that he liked better, and it was relatively inexpensive, so he had decided he would get it. He waved to the others, looking at the costumes they had picked out while waiting for his turn.

Stalking the shelves, she came across two Vulpix costumes. She picked both of them up and raised an eyebrow. "Why not? Just which one?" she muttered to herself. One was white, showing that it was the Alolan variant. The other was scarlet, making it the Kantoen one. She frowned, not able to decide which one. Finding a landmark so then she could put the other back, she went to the cash register where everyone else is at. "Which one? Alolan Vulpix or Kantoen Vulpix?"

"Well, if you insi--" Jodi tried to agree with Maker, but Michael caught her off.
"Nope, I think I can speak for the both of us when I say that we've got it covered." He said with a smirk. Jodi groaned.
"Let's just get in line." They walked over to the cash register and got in line next to Renz.
"Hey! Nice... Gastly mask?" Michael tried to compliment his... creative costume. But then, Kathren appeared. "I vote for the Kantonian one. It kinda matches your hair."
"But she has an Alolan Ninetales!" Jodi disagreed with him. "I vote for the Alolan one so you two can match."

Last edited:
Renz nodded at Michael’s question, and then turned to see the costumes Kathy was asking about. While he was debating which in his own mind, Michael and Jodi had already answered. In his mind, both sides had arguments in their favor. On the one side, Kathren had an Alolan Ninetales, like Jodi said. But on the other hand, he had a semi subconscious dislike for Ice types which was giving him a hard time deciding. And Michael had a point too, Kantonian Vulpix did match her hair better...

“Well... if you really can’t decide, I guess I would go with the Kantonian. But it’s still your choice.”

Last edited:
Maker looked at the outfit. "Easy. Kantonian Vulpix of course!"

Azumi had arrived with a bag full of Candie. "I think the Alolan one is better."

"It is not!" Maker called out. "The fire one wins hands down anytime!"

"It's not about battles." Azumi replied. "It's a costume and she has an Alolan Ninetails, it perfectly matches."

"Well then where is the creativity in that?" Maker asked. "You can't just dress like your Pokemon! That's what pokemaniacs do!"

"There's nothing wrong with dressing like you Pokemon. I think I would look lovely as a Kirlia." Azumi began to get annoyed. "Besides it shows how close they are together."

"But this is Hall O ween!" Maker's voice began to get louder. "Fire is much scarier then ice or fairies! Nobody has ever said Oh no ice! But I'm sure Oh No Fire! Has been heard a lot!"

"It does not have to be scary, she can look pretty and match." Azumi said with confidence.

"Oh really? So we are going to a kid's birthday party? I thought it was Halloween." Maker said in a sarcastic tone. "Kantonian Ninetails is way better. That's final."

"No. It's not. They are both good and she would looke better in the Alolan one." Azumi crossed her arms.

"No. Kantonian wins. It has a way better looking fur, especially in the sun." Maker crossed her arms also.

"An Alolan Ninetails looks majestic in the sun or in the snow. You just won't admit it because you're a fire type trainer." Azumi began to tap her foot.

"Fine! Let's settle this outside then! I'll prove to you fire rules over anything anytime!" Maker gave her costume and the money for it to Michael and then stormed outside.

"Fine!" Azumi responded. She gave the money and candy to Renz and walked out after Maker. Nana stayed with Renz, he had the candy.

"Wow." Michael said with wide eyes. "I think I just lost all of my respect for these two."
"I know!" Jodi agreed with him. "I mean, they fought before, but not about a Halloween costume!" She slowly shook her head. Michael looked around and noticed that Nana was with Renz because he had the candy. That was an OUTRAGE! AN OUTRAGE!!! Michael had to do something about this!
"I'll take this!" He took the candy from Renz, hoping that Nana would come to him.

Renz had hurried to check out his costume so that he could see what he assumed would be a Pokémon battle to settle the dispute. He had finished purchasing his costume and was about to buy the candy when Michael took it. He wasn’t going to try and take it from him, so he handed Michael the money Azumi had given him (Renz) for the candy, and hurried outside. He was looking forward to seeing them battle.

"Nice! He didn't take them back!" Michael said with pride as Renz gave him the money and headed out.
"Should we go see if they kill each other?" Jodi asked him, quite worried about the two sisters who have clearly lost their minds.
"Of course! I'm not going to miss out on something like that!" He paid the money for the candy, his costume and Maker's costume, while Jodi paid for her costume, even though she would have prefered to take Maker's offer to pay. "Come on, Nana!" He took her little hand and headed out with Jodi.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli shrugged at Kathrens question "I think Alolan, would make you look elegant, stand out" "But the kind of party we will be at tonight..." "That is true" he was cut off telling kathryn Haltas opinion by the twins fight and followed them out, worried about what might happen

Nana walked joyfully with Michael. Singing along as they took the candies.

Azumi and Maker walked quickly down the street, arguing with each other. People around them looked at them with an odd look. They both continue to walk until they reached a park.

"Let's do this then blonde!" Maker yelled as she stretched her legs.

Azumi cracked her knuckles. "At least my hair color is natural."

Maker gasped. "How dare you!" She grabbed her a pokeball. "This is personal!"

Azumi grabbed and glared at Maker. "Fine... Let's do this." She grabbed her great ball.

They both sent out their Pokemon. Maker sent out Charo and Azumi Edward. Both Pokemon roared at the top of their lungs, until they saw their opponent. Charo rolled his eyes and Edward yawned. They both walked to the side and sat down.

"Charo! This is for reals now!" Maker began to make a fit.

Azumi ignored that her Pokemon didn't want to battle and tackled Maker down. Both sisters began wrestling on the floor, pulling each other's hair and Maker bit Azumi a few times. Azumi pulled Maker's cheeks while Maker pressed her hand against Azumi's face.

"You stuck up little..." Maker began to say but Azumi's cheek pulling didn't let her finish.

Azumi managed to push Maker off with her feet and then got on top of her, pulling her cheeks wider. Maker's eyes got wider as she kicked and squirmed trying to get free, but Azumi had her pinned down with no escape. Maker out of desperation managed to bite Azumi's hand. Azumi held the pain as long as possible until she let go and Maker pushed her off. Both sisters laid on the ground.

"You're right the Kantonian Vulpix does look better." Azumi said as she tried to catch her breath.

"Yeah... The other one is pretty cool too though." Maker said as she wiped her tears.

Renz had followed the two, and he grinned when he saw which Pokémon they sent out. And then... the Pokémon wouldn’t fight, and the twins started fighting each other. He considered going to break them up, but decided to stay out of it. These two were going at it hard. He honestly expected Azumi to do better than she did, but the fight was over. Renz decided to let out Ty. The Pokéball opened and the fire type appeared. Renz bent down and pet him, suspecting Maker would come over as well once she got her breath back.

Azumi got up and helped Maker to her feet. "Next time I won't hold back."

Maker's anger began to build up again. "Oh yeah well next time..." She saw Ty. "Oooooh its the handsome Ty!" She ran happily over to him and hugged the Typhlosion. "Stupid Renz put you away, you should never be in your pokeball." She snuggled her face against his neck.

Azumi walked over to Edward. "How come you never battle with Charo? You two have a secret deal or something?"
Edward just wagged his tail as he sat down and looked at Azumi.
"Fine. Next I'll just have to use Henry. Come back now, you're too big to play in this park." Azumi said as she returned her Pokemon. She looked at Charo, who just smiled at her. "Let's get going Charo."

Whiton arrived after the fight was over. "Oh darn I missed it. Who won?" He asked Eli and Renz.