• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

"Oh that's nice... Who's Halt? Is he Halt? Hi Halt!" Maker felt like she was talking to a ghost. She couldn't resist the need to pet Ty, so she went and sat next to him on the opposite side of Renz and began to pet him. "So, what are we going to do today? Fight evil people? Get lost somewhere? Have near death experiences?" She asked everyone in the room.

Renz grumbled to his self for a moment, but had stopped by the time Maker sat down next to him.

“I hope we can just relax for a bit, maybe go trick-or-treating.”

He seemed to have calmed down a bit, and Ty had begun to wake up to the petting of two people. The Typhlosion looked up at Maker with a happy look on his face.

"Then you're super ungrateful." Michael told Maker. But yet again, it was not out loud. He rolled his eyes and whispered to Jodi. "Can you believe her?"
"I know! She's got a psychopath in the closet, she doesn't want to tell Azumi, and then she straight up asks us if we're gonna fight bad guys and almost die today!"
"She is just unbelievable sometimes!" The two of them sighed at the same time and wondered why couldn't they wake up after Azumi.

Maker wiggled in her spot when Ty looked up to her. "Oh you're so adorable! I'm gonna eat you! Numnumnum!" She pretended to bite his ear.
She then looked over at Michael and Jodi. "How am I ungreatful? Or whatever you said... You really want to wake up my sister that bad? Because honestly I don't know who is going to be grumpier, Gaeboo or her. I think it's too early for grumpy people, let them sleep." She continued to pet the Typhlosion. "We could however... Get ready for Halloween like Renz said. Let's go buy customs!"

Ty squirmed in appreciation of Maker’s play-bite, waving his front paws around. Renz grinned at the play, backing up a bit so as not to get hit by the flailing fire type. He heard Maker’s suggestion to go get costumes, and pondered over it for a moment. It didn’t seem like a bad idea... but it might have to wait.

“I wouldn’t mind going costume shopping, but my mom said she would be here after breakfast.”

He wondered how his new friends and his mom would react to each other. She had already met Kathren a long time ago, but... the others might take a bit of getting used to, with Eli having a voice in his head, Maker’s shenanigans.... he hoped his mom would take it well.

Kathren sat up and glared at everyone at the table. "Really? I was trying to sleep. I was also trying to go back to an amazing dream, but then someone rudely woke me up by yelling. I've been trying to go back to sleep ever since!" Her gaze fixed on Renz when she said that. Kathren sighed. "Well, guess there is no point in trying to go back to that dream now, no way I can go back to sleep with all the chatting." She got out of the bed that was folded out from the couch and went over to the kitchen, glancing at the pie. She frowned. "So, Renz, I'm sure there is something that I can make here. I mean, I might have to head out to the store or something, but I think I can whip something up." She purposely avoided all the topics that everyone was talking about, knowing that she could add little or she would not fully understand the conversation.

Renz looked at the newly-wakened girl a bit sheepishly.

"Sorry, Kathy. I was trying to be quiet, but..."

He felt pretty bad about waking her up, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Although, if she had been trying to get back to sleep for the long, it might have been Maker who first woke her up. He felt slightly better after that thought. He left Ty and Maker and walked back over to the table.

"It's fine, Kathren. I have plenty of snacks in my bag, so unless you want to cook something..."

"Snacks?! No way! You are going to have a proper breakfast, it won't be the best thing in the world, but you are going to have it! Also, I tend to work better with dinners and lunches. Unless they are breads, cakes and stuff like that. Also, we are going to be making cookies today, or at least I will. The rest of you can do whatever. You don't have to help, but Holloween cookies are a bit of a tradition for me." Kathren walked past the pie and looked for a skillet and a baking pan. She sighed, knowing that she did not know where everything was stored. She might have to wake Geaboo up to ask about it. She did not want to deal with that.

Maker finished petting Ty and stood up and followed Kathern to the kitchen. "Can I help? I like making cookies." She smiled and looked at her with pleading eyes. "I'm a great assistant, I promise! Ask Michael."

Azumi sat up, Nana was still snoring next to her. She looked around, her hair all over her face. She didn't know what time it was, nor did she care. But she was getting hungry. She dragged herself out of bed and went downstairs. She sat down and began to eat pie and drink milk, acting as if she was unaware of the people around her.

Renz tried to help Kathren find what she needed. Ty had followed Maker over to the kitchen, and now sat down by the table. Renz waved to Azumi when she came in, but focused on finding the things they needed. Kathren seemed to have the pans under control, and he wasn’t sure what to do next, except find eggs. He knew those would be nessesary.

Azumi noticed Ty by the table and passed him a piece of pie. She looked over at Eli and smiled. "Not really, I feel like staying in bed. Maybe go get a massage, get my hair done... But without being in the sun. I was thinking tonight we could go to this Halloween party." She pointed at the flyer on the table she had left.

Maker looked at her sister. She didn't sound like herself and her twin powers told her something was off. But she decided not to say anything at the moment.

Gaeboo finally woke up on his own, but was not happy when he saw and heard all the racket. He stood up and began making breakfast for all of the people who he was forced to have there. He one by one placed everyone's meals in front of them, consisting of bacon, eggs and a piece of bread. He then opened the closet and slid Whiton's plate in. He flopped back onto his sleeping spot, just absolutely tired of this.

Chauncey decided to come out of his ball at his own will, and waddled over to everyone else while they ate. They were enthralled with all of the new people that were around them, and gave a big goofy smile.

Maker watched as Gaeboo prepared food for everyone. She saw his grumpy attitude and decided not to say anything.

Azumi smiled and thanked Gaeboo before she began to eat. "We could do both." She told Eli. "I'm sure Nana won't mind." She began to eat. She took the bacon from Michael's plate, since he didn't eat meat, and gave it to Ty.

Renz thanked Gaeboo, but made sure to give the bread to someone else. He would have been glad to cook his own eggs, but he didn’t know how Gaeboo would react if asked. So he accepted the eggs and bacon, and enjoyed it pretty well. Ty seemed very grateful to Azumi for the bacon and licked her hand.

Kathren forced a smile on as she turned to Geaboo. "Thank you." She turned back to her plate and picked up a bit of egg. "Though, I could've done something much better than this," she mumbled under her breath. Kathren loved to cook. It was sort of something that she had picked up from her mother and father. She could not remember a day that they did not spend time in the kitchen together as a family. Just her, her mother, her father, and her younger sister all cooking together, not always for themselves but for some people who entered her mother's restaurant. The fact Geaboo denied her the right to cook made her upset. She refused to show it though.

There was a knock on the door. Renz, who had scarfed his food down quickly, walked over to it. He was cautious enough to ask, “Who’s there?” and listened for a response.

“Hello, this is Renz’s mom. May I please come in?”

Renz opened the door, and Terisa Flintrock stepped into the room. Her hair, unlike Renz’s was an auburn-brown, but she was almost half a foot shorter than her son. She smiled as she saw the large group of people gathered around the table, giving a larger smile to Kathren than the others since they had met before. Renz led her over to the table.

“Hey, guys, this is my mom.”

“Good morning, and nice to meet you all!”

She sounded cheery enough, but her face showed slight traces of worry.

"Good morning, Mrs. Flintrock. How's the shop going?" Kathren ate some bacon after she asked this. Her anger seemed to have disappeared, but it was just pushed down for the new arrival. She smiled at Renz's mother. Derp Lord decided that it was a nice time to pop out to see what was happening, so he busted out of his Pokeball and shouted "Quag!" Kathren shook her head at this while giving a smile at Derp Lord's antics.

“Hello, Kathren. The shop is... alright.”

There was a pause for a moment before she cleared her throat and continued. She was still smiling, but it seemed slightly more hollow now. Her grin went back to normal when she saw Derp Lord, and she laughed a bit at the doofy Pokémon.

“How are you doing?”

Renz saw the look on his mother’s face when Kathren asked about the shop. He suddenly remembered something his mom said last night, about his dad being missing as well. He tried to keep a calm exterior, but determined to talk to his mom later.

Azumi looked up and brushed her hair with her hand when she saw they had a visitor. She stood up and bowed. "Very nice to meet you, my name is Azumi Towers."

Maker looked surprised and nervous. She was not good with mothers, every since she lost hers, unlike Azumi who somehow was able to overlook that and that is something that always puzzled Maker.

Azumi noticed this and introduced Maker. "That is Maker Towers, my sister."
Maker just smiled and waved.

Kathren knew that there was something up, but she did not push. However, she would ask Renz about it later when they were alone and Renz's mother was gone. Derp Lord grabbed for Renz's bread. Kathren rolled her eyes at the Quagsire as she said, "I'm doing well, as is all my Pokemon. It has always been difficult handling Derp Lord, ever since he was a Whooper. He just is highly curious and likes grabbing things without me nearby. Silly guy." She petted Derp Lord as she said the last sentence.

Michael and Jodi thanked Gaeboo for the food and began eating, right after Azumi fed Ty Michael's bacon. "This is actually pretty good! Good job Gaeboo!" Michael began thinking. "But, Kathren said she could do something better. That means she cooks. Good to know. I'm gonna have to see how good she is."
Then, out of nowhere, Renz's mum came into the house. It seemed that something had happened in their family. Then, Azumi introduced herself and her sister, so the situation got weirder. The two kids gave eachother uneasy glances and looked back at the woman.
"Hello, ma'am." Jodi said, trying to be polite.
"Good morning..." Michael said-- no, he whispered.

Terisa smiled, nodding to each of them as they introduced themselves.

“Nice to meet you all. My name is Terisa.”

She gave a small wave, noticeably happier-looking now. She sat down in the chair Renz had sat in during breakfast.

“So, I hear you all have been having some adventures. I would like to hear about them, if you don’t mind.”

Renz stiffened. While he hadn’t lied to his mother, he tended to leave out details he thought would worry her. He didn’t think she even knew about the Spinda King, and if she did... well, he didn’t know what she would do.

Terisa's words triggered Maker's mouth. "Oh well since your Renzy joined us... I was kidnapped and had my fingers broken by the guy in the closet we have as a prisoner and then we had to rescue Eli from being electrocuted to death and we met Kathern and Gaeboo and then we were sent to the VR were giant Pokemon tried to kill us and giant walls almost crushed us and our clones tried to kill us and then we came here." She smiled proudly when she finished.

Azumi looked confused. "Wait... What about the closet? Who's in there?"

Maker laughed nervously. "Sorry I meant broke... My heart! Yeah... Gaeboo was in the closet because he broke my heart. But we cool now. He was a prisoner of... Love!" She laughed more, a clear sign of panic on her face.

Terisa’s eyes whipped around to Renz. The boy stood his ground, but was internally very worried. The woman paused for a moment to take in the words.

“Renz. If this is true... then I need you to-“

“Mom, I’m not going home.”

There was a pause.

“Then prove to me you can take care of yourself. Outside. Now.”

With that Terisa got up and marched outside, closing the door behind her and taking a battling position on the front lawn. Renz glanced at the others to see their reactions before following his mom outside.

Gaeboo was tired of this, so he removed Whiton from the closet and tossed him outside.

"Alright, go watch that battle guys. I have to pack everything in here up before we leave. I'll probably be behind, so don't worry about me. If Bethe gets better by the time I catch up, just have him back in my PC. Go on, scat."

After pushing everyone out along with their belongings, Gaeboo locked the door to his house. He really wasn't a people person.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli nodded "I would like a walk" when Renz's mother came in Eli smiled and said "Hi! I'm Eli!" Eli was currently on the lawn looking back and forth between Renz and his mom, a small bit worried "Should we tell her about me" "I don't think so"

The two trainers, mother and son, stood across the lawn from each other. Both held a Pokéball in one hand. Terisa looked over to the others.

“Would one of you please referee? This will be a 3v3 battle.”

Renz grimaced at the incoming battle. He knew that his mom was an excellent trainer, and had won plenty of battles. He had battled her in the past, but she had not been battling seriously then and she had still won. Of course, this was a while back, before he had started his Sinnoh travels, and his team had grown A LOT since then.

Kathren shook her head. "If you don't mind, I would rather watch Renz's battle." She shrugged. " Besides, I don't see the point of costumes." Kathren sat down on the ground not to far away, fuming at the fact she never got to cook, at all. She gritted her teeth while she placed her best fake smile on her face. She did not want to take her anger out on everyone else.

Terisa nodded in response to Azumi's question.

"This battle will be Renz battling me to prove he is capable of dealing with things. I don't understand for certain, but it looks like you all have been in some trouble lately. So if he wins, he stays on his journey. If he loses, he comes home."

Renz glanced over to the spectators, and then back to the Pokeball in his hand. He was prepared to begin; they just needed Azumi to announce the start of the battle.

Michael and Jodi followed the mother and son outside, sitting on the ground. "I wonder who'll win..." Jodi whispered to Michael.
"I reckon that his mother will win. I mean, not a lot of kids are capable of beating their parents." Michael whispered back to her. "But still, I think he's strong... I don't really know that, though. I haven't been paying attention to him when there was a battle scene..."
"You know, even if he does lose, his mother might see how much he cares about the group and she'll let him stay."
"I guess that can happen. But how did you come up with that outcome?"
"It's a TV cliche. This situation seems like it could turn into it." Jodi chuckled and turned to Azumi, waiting for her to start the match.

Azumi stood in the middle of the yard, which was the battle field. "3 on 3. You may only switch Pokemon 3 times. First one to have 3 Pokemon knocked out, loses. Begin."

Maker was not interested much in the battle. She looked at Kathern. "Hey... Can we still make the cookies?"
She the responded to Eli. "Well Eli Deli, let's wait with everyone until this is over."

Renz was the first to throw out his Pokémon. Garchomp appeared with a roar, menacing the opposing trainer... until he realized it was Renz’s mom. He gave a cheery little wave, and then resumed his battle stance. From an old looking Pokéball tossed out by Terisa was an Espeon.

“Garchomp, Stealth Rock!”

With Renz’s shout, small stones began pressing themselves out of the ground on Terisa’s side of the field, but remained inactive once the tips were out of the ground. Terisa saw his strategy, but she had one of her own. She didn’t give the Espeon any command. The catlike Pokémon just sat on the battlefield, licking its paw.

“Okay, Garchomp. Missy is fast, but you can outspeed her! Dual Chop Crunch Combo!”

The bipedal dragon rushed forward, aiming to slash the Espeon into the air with Dual Chop and then follow up with a Crunch. However, before he could reach his opponent he was lifted into the air by a Psychic. The dragon tried to move, but was suspended in place.

“Now, Missy! Quick Attack!”

There was only a streak of white light as the Espeon lunged forward, still suspending the Garchomp mid-air with Psychic and striking multiple times in rapid succession with Quick Attack. When the attack was finished, Garchomp looked a good bit worse, but Missy had taken some damage as well because of Garchomp’s Rough Skin.

“Okay, that was a mistake. Missy, keep your distance with Swift!”

Missy leapt into the air, spinning and sending stars at the dragon type, who was still trapped by psychic.

“Garchomp, use Dragon Pulse to block those!”

Garchomp tried to charge up a Dragon Pulse, but the stars hit him and stopped him from completing the attack. Renz was worried. Garchomp was already taking a lot of damage, while Missy had taken almost none. If this kept up he would lose.

“Garchomp, use-“

“Missy, Psychic!”

The already suspended dragon was lifted into the air and then slammed to the ground. Garchomp was now out of the Psychic suspension, but he was not doing very well. Renz pulled out his partner’s Pokéball, and returned him. There was a grimace on his face. Garchomp was the only one on his team who could reliably counter his mom’s Pokémon, and he was already out. He thought for a few seconds and then pulled out another Pokéball, throwing it out and calling Caesar into battle. His mom got a very surprised look on her face. Her son had just sent out a poison type against a psychic type. But if he made that mistake, so be it.

“Missy, you can outspeed Nidoking easily. Go, Psybeam!”

But they were in for a surprise. As the streak of swirling purple-pink light streaked towards the shiny Nidoking, there was a rumble as Caesar dug underground, completely avoiding the attack. The Espeon looked around, and then closed its eyes and attempted to sense it’s opponent’s location. Suddenly the Espeon leapt back as a Stone Edge shot out of the ground, clipping the Espeon in the side and causing it a good bit of pain in one leg.

“Missy! Are you okay?”

“Espe.”

“Good! Morning Sun!”

The few clouds visible in the sky faded away as brilliant but soft light struck the injured Pokémon. However, the Healing from Morning Sun was quickly negated as Caesar burst out of the ground, striking Missy in the chin with a heavy blow and chunks of earth flying up as the Nidoking came out of the ground. Both Pokémon retreated a few steps, and stood waiting for their trainer’s next order.

“Missy, Last Resort!”

“Caesar, Megahorn!”

Missy darted forward faster than she had when she used Quick Attack, a pink blur making a desperate lunge to take out the opponent. Caesar was hit hard... but Missy rammed right into his head. There was a moment’s pause as the two Pokémon pushed at each other, and then there was a small explosion as Caesar’s horn glowed a lime green and then blasted back the Espeon to her trainer’s feet, where she made a struggle to stand up, but collapsed back down on her side. She wasn’t fully knocked out, but she was definitely to injured to continue.

Terisa bent down and gently stroked her Pokémon’s head, and then returned her to her Pokéball. She pulled out another Pokeball and sent out her Dewgong.

“Prince, Aqua Jet!”

The Water type began its attack, but was interupted as some of the Stealth Rocks jabbed up into its underside. It winced with pain, but managed to pull off the attack, slamming into Caesar. However, as he was hit Caesar grabbed the Dewgong, taking the damage and then grabbing Dewgong by the flippers and swinging it up and over, and slamming it into the ground.

“Nice Counter, Caesar! Now keep up the pressure and use Toxic!”

While the Prince was rolling to his feet after being slammed to the ground, Caesar lunged his horn into the blubber of the Dewgong, pouring poison into the opponent. Prince didn’t seem to notice much pain, because his blubber absorbed some of the damage.

“Prince, Waterfall!”

Prince clapped his flippers and a torrent of water poured over the already hurt Caesar. The Nidoking winced, and Renz was about to return his Pokémon when he saw a glint in Caesar’s eye. The Nidoking, still dripping from the attack, leered at the Dewgong and with a swift movement had slammed into him with an Iron Tail, knocking Prince back and out into the road. The Pokémon skidded to a stop, rolled back into his feet and then lunged forward again with another Aqua Jet. Caesar tried to use Stone Edge, but his opponent was too fast. Caesar doubled over, clutching his gut and falling onto one knee. Renz knew that this was enough and returned Caesar to his Pokéball. He had one Pokémon left, and his mom had two. Knowing her, her final Pokémon would probably be Falkner the Pidgeot because it would be immune to his ground types. But he also had to pick a Pokémon that could deal with Prince. He made his decision, and picked up the last Pokéball he could use this battle.

“Krookodile! I’m counting on you!”

The Dark/Ground type appeared on the field with arms crossed, glaring at Prince. Renz knew that Pilo would have had the best chance type-wise, but he didn’t think that Pilo would have the level of skill or speed needed to win this.

“Krookodile, we have to finish this fast. Take out Prince with an Earthqu-“

Renz cut off his command when he realized that an Earthquake would be a very bad move. His mom took advantage of the pause.

“Prince, one more Waterfall!”

The Dewgong sent another torrent of water at Krookodile, who seemed to disappear entirely as the water flowed where he had been standing. Suddenly he was behind Prince and delivered a Crunch to the neck. Prince writhed, but couldn’t escape Krookodile’s grip, and his strenght was fading as Caesar’s Toxic began to tell on him. A red beam of light struck Prince and Krookodile’s jaws closed on air as the Dewgong was returned to its Pokéball. Renz’s guess proved correct when his mom chose Falkner as her final choice. He realized that they had both begun with their Starter, and were wrapping it up with their first Wild Capture. As soon as Falkner entered the field, more Stealth Rocks shot into the air and struck the Pidgeot.

“Falkner, let’s finish this now. U-Turn!”

“Krookodile, dodge it with Dig!”

Krookodile wasn’t fast enough, and he was hit square in the back as Falkner dived down, looped around and struck Krookodile, resulting in a Critical Hit. The super-effective attack knocked Krookodile to the ground. Things were looking very bad for Renz... but then Krookodile’s ability kicked in. The Critical Hit had caused Krookodile to reach his Anger Point, and Krookodile glowed with red energy as its attack power rose off the charts. With one movement Krookodile dived forward, burrowing into the ground and disappearing from sight. Falkner flapped up high, squinting down, his Keen Eye searching for the slightest furrow in the ground below.

Falkner spotted what he was looking for. He began swooping down before Krookodile began to come out, using Sky Attack right where Krookodile would burst out of the ground. But Krookodile was too fast, and with its Anger Point activated it went over Pidgeot and slashed its claws along the bird's back. Krookodile landed on one knee, obviously in pain from the critical hit, but still resisting to the last. Falkner crashed to the ground. There were deep claw marks along his back, and puncture marks on his stomach from the Stealth Rocks. Both Pokemon panted, both conscious but neither in any shape to fight much longer.

Then with one quick move, it was over. Falkner lay crumpled on the ground, one more slash mark across his back, and Krookodile stood next to Renz.