• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

"It's simple why I'm so violent: I'm not completely mentally stable. Nowhere on the level of those lunatics, but just enough. I've seen a lot of disturbing things as a trainer and a ranger, and it's had me use my fists more than once. The blood thing... it's like a transaction of health, I guess, still don't fully understand it myself. I pray to a deity for a blessing, they offer it to me if I sacrifice my health, instant or over time, but the over time option sucks, so I always take the instant."

Azumi walked with Nana and Eli towards the house. She could see far up ahead Renz and Kathern walking. "I'm too tired to catch up to them." Azumi said. Nana teleported to her arms and rested happily. "Well at least you're getting sleepy. I shouldn't have any problems putting you to bed." Azumi told her Kirlia as she continued to walk.

"That does make sense." Maker said, pretending she understood. "You're a nice guy though. I'm glad you joined our little group." She looked up at the sky. "You shouldn't have to ask for blessings though, isn't better to achieve things by your own strength then to depend on some special being to solve things for you?"

"Well, this is the last time I'll ever have to use it, assuming that your doctor pals are the real deal. It gives me the will to go on and endure the hell that this is. I break down like I did in the hospital without it. Once Bethe is all better, I will have nothing to fear, and nothing to endure."

He walked into the shop in Sandgem and grabbed a few microwave meals. He bought them and exited, meeting with Maker again.

"Alright, I got a few things, you can choose which one you want when we get back."

Maker smiled. "Sure. I'll share it with my sister. If you want to hang out with us after all of this, you're more than welcome to. Azumi will probably go back to her life with Ray, but I plan to continue my travels. I can't be the best fire trainer if I don't catch every fire type in the world."

"Well, if I have to be honest, Fire isn't exactly the hardest type to collect everything for. There are almost just as many Dragon types as there are Fire types. Water would be the real way to challenge yourself, there's about 140 of the buggers..."

He took note of a few things in his head before focusing and continuing to walk home.

Maker was offended by the comment. "Well it's not just catching them! It's also training them to the fullest! But you're not a fire type trainer, you wouldn't understand the passion of training them." She crossed her arms. "You need to learn some manners you know, sometimes you're a little rude."

"That's the thing, Maker. How would I ever learned my manners if I had no one to teach them to me? I never said it wouldn't be hard, it's just not the best way to challenge yourself in that aspect. You can follow your dreams for as long as you'd like, but tell me this: where will you go when your dreams have been reached? If you spend a large amount of your life reaching them, what will happen when you won't have that goal?"

They finally entered town again, and he whistled for Galette to move. He quietly moved from the doorway, and he entered.

"Well when I reach my dream of becoming the best fire type trainer in the world. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my life. You know, there's an infinite things to do in this world, there's no way you can be without something to do." She followed Gaeboo inside. "Regarding manners, I can teach you. It's not that difficult. Just say nice things every once in a while. For example..." She looked around. "Say something nice about... Me!" She grinned.

He sighed at Maker and her attempt to make him a 'better person'. He turned to her with a displeased tone.

"You're not as idiotic like this as you are when you're drugged up. Now, there's three meals, spaghetti, meatloaf, or ham and mac. Take your pick, because I'll have one, and I'll give another to Whiton."

Galette walked in front of the door again, crouching down so he could strike quickly if bad people came near.

Maker crossed her arms as she felt offended. "Did you just call me dumb? Well Mr. I hate the world, I'm not going to let you diss my intelligence and then eat with you. You can go ahead and have dinner with the White haired loser in the closet. I'm going to bed. I rather go to sleep with an empty belly then eat with you." She turned around and stormed back to the room where she had slept before. She slammed the door and laid down on the bed, whispering angrily to herself.

He shook his head as she stomped off again. He stuck one of the easy meals into the microwave and started cooking it.

"Girls... this is why I can never really tolerate them, they're so emotional. I'm still going to give her food, at least... I may be rude as she says, but I'm not cruel. She'll get over it, her emotions are so unstable, it's like she's bipolar..."

The meal finished, and he took it out. He began cooking another one, and he unlocked the closet, removed the gag and cuffs on Whiton's hands, and handed him a plastic fork that came with it.

"Fifteen minutes to finish that up. I'll be back to see you in a few."

He walked upstairs and knocked on Maker's door... well, the room she was inhabiting.

"You sure you aren't hungry? I won't be eating with you, so there's no reason to say no."

Maker laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling. She was to proud to admit she was really hungry and the smell of the food had already reached her nose.
"I not hungry!" She called out. "If I was, then I would go look for food on my own!"
She was lying, but her pride was too big. "Why don't you go feed yourself instead! Or Whiton! Or anyone else!" She smiled at the last comment, thinking that was a good way to make him feel bad.

He walked back downstairs, grabbing the next meal from the microwave, starting the next one, and bringing it upstairs. He put it down with the fork in front of the door.

"Maker, open this door before I march in there and make you eat. Because I can and will do that if you don't fix your attitude. You're clearly hungry because you said you lost the food you dropped earlier. You're being bitter because of something you told me to do."

The words of Gaeboo made Maker's temper rise. "Make me eat?!"
She got up and swung the door open. "You're going to march in here and MAKE me eat?! Who do you think you are!?" She walked past him and went downstairs. "I don't need your food or your hospitality! I can manage fine on my own!"
She stepped outside, her fist clenched and her teeth grinding. She was terribly upset. She was about to take off on her Charizard, when she remembered what happened to her fingers last time she did something like that. She stomped her foot and yelled at the skies, if she could, she would be using flamethrower.

Renz had walked in silence for a while. It just wasn’t a comfortable situation once he forgot about the enjoyability of flight and the problems set back in. Soon they were in sight of Gaeboo’s house. Renz was surprised to see Maker standing outside, shouting and looking pretty angry. He wasn’t sure whether it was safe to approach... but decided to go over anyway.

“Hey... what’s going on?”

Unphased by the outburst, he picked up the food, went outside and held it out to Maker.

"I'm not angry. Just upset you're being so unwilling to cooperate. Basically, Renz, it started with me and her getting something to eat. On the way, she decided to try to 'teach' me manners by giving her a compliment. She didn't like the attempted compliment I tried to give her and is being unreasonable to the point where she won't even eat food that I offer her. The last comment I made was a little unorthodox and rude, but judging by what's happened previously when she's been left alone, she probably wanted to leave because I'm such a terrible person. I'm sorry that I'm still learning how to actually talk to others and not be a complete jerk."

Maker gave Renz an upset look. She was swinging at anyone right now. She was about to yell at him too, when Gaeboo arrived. "Well you suck at it! You're being a complete jerk!"
She looked back at Renz. "I was trying to be nice to him and get to know him! But he just started being rude and unreasonable! He even hit Whiton who was already tied up! Now he says he can MAKE me eat! Like if I was some sort of child!" She stomped her foot. "It's unforgivable! Right Renz?"

“H-hold on? What? So... She tried to teach you manners, you made comment she didn’t like, and now you’re yelling about food? Wait... what did you say about Whiton?”

Renz tried to puzzle out what they were arguing about.

“And he’s trying to force you eat when you don’t want to?”

Renz looked back to see if Kathren understood any better than him, then turned back to the others.

"Like I SAID, the eating comment was UNNECESSARY. Maker found Whiton super beat up, and I locked him up for his and our safety. The people who attacked him were going to kill him, and getting him in prison won't do anyone good. So we're keeping him with us until he is no longer useful to us. And that compliment? It's called 'sarcasm'. Where have I heard that before, huh?"

Now he's beginning to get angry, or at least irritated if his tone of voice was any indication. Galette took a step forward, noticing his trainer's irritation, waiting for an outburst.

"Um, what happened while we were out?" Kathren asked, confused, "Forcing people to eat? Wait! Did you say Whiton? Isn't he one of Redton's friends? Geez, um, ok, I have to say that I am not used to the 'tons. And now I look stupid. Ok, ok, let me get this straight," she pointed at Maker, "You had Gaeboo give you a compliment and you didn't like the one he gave you, which was actually sarcasm, so you refused to eat and now he wants to force you to eat, something that is impossible unless he knocks you out and gives you liquid food." She then pointed at Geaboo, "And you hit a person that was tied up? Then you locked him up? Ok, you both have some anger issues." Kathren raised her hands is a surrendering way as she backed up from the two.

Maker's temper evolved from a raging Charizard to a silent internal anger. "Well your sarcasm is awful! One of the reasons I was trying to help you be nicer!" She felt like sending her Charizard out, but that small voice in her head, that one she rarely listened to, spoke up. Kathern and Renz were right.
She took a deep breath. Her body relaxed and her fist unclenched. She looked down at the floor, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry. I guess things have been going bad lately and I took out on you." She looked up at Gaeboo. "Mind if I join you for dinner?" She forced a smile and walked back inside.

Whiton had just finished eating his meal. He knocked on the door. "I'm done!" He yelled.

"...Girls... I'll catch you two up on what's going on later, okay? I've had enough today..."

He walked inside and put Maker's food on the table. He grabbed Whiton's container and cuffed him again, giving him a water bottle.

"I trust that you'll be quiet in here, so I'll keep the gag off for now. Try not to die later."

He walked back to the microwave and got his food, setting it down next to Maker's and began eating.

Maker sat down and waited for Gaeboo to start eating. "So... We cool?" Maker asked in between bites. "I shouldn't have acted that way. I'm just really stressed. I mean, Whiton and his gang messed me up. Then I go and save him. I feel like that was such a stupid move." She stopped eating and looked at Gaeboo. "What would you have done? Punch the bad guys and then him?"

Azumi arrived with Eli and Nana asleep in her arms. She noticed Renz and Kathern. "Good evening!" She said with a smile. She noticed the tension in the air. "What's going on?"

Renz turned around.

“Hey, Azumi. Maker and Gaeboo got into a fight involving sarcasm, manners, forcing people to eat... I think they might be better now. They’re not yelling anymore... I’m gonna go inside.”

With this he walked inside. Maker and Gaeboo were sitting at the table, seemingly not fighting, so he sat down on the couch again. He didn’t take any of his Pokémon out just yet, but considered trying to go to sleep again.

Terisa and Falkner were close enough to the Sinnoh region that they could see the lights of the different buildings. Terisa wasn’t sure where she was going once she GOT to Twinleaf, but... it was a start.

"Rationalized."

Gaeboo was never one to talk while eating, he at least had that under his belt. He finished his food, then resumed talking.

"Would've asked what he did, and if I felt I needed to intervene, I would. If I didn't feel I need to, I would've left him there to rot. The ultimate torture is knowing that someone could have helped you but chose not to."

Maker finished eating and looked at Gaeboo. "That's the ultimate torture? I don't know..." She looked at her injured fingers. "The fingers thing was pretty bad. Hey want to share the chocolates you brought over before?"

Azumi looked confused and walked in. "Good evening!" She said as looked around. "Did I miss anything?" She looked at her sister.

Maker rolled her eyes. "No."

"Only if you want to share with me. Those chocolates are yours, after all. Also, you can take Eli and put him in a bed upstairs. If he wakes up later and needs to be fed, I'll get something for him."

He took their garbage and threw it away, sitting back down again. He stretched his back.

"Of course, I know you're only doing this as an apology. You can go back to bed if you'd like..."

"It's not for an apology! I'm just think that we should get along if we are in the same team." Maker said as she got up and walked to the leaving room. She found the bag of chocolates empty. She sighed in disappointment and went back to sit down with Gaeboo. "Nevermind. We don't NEED chocolates to bond. We can just talk. Like... What's your favorite color?"

Azumi went to the bedroom Maker had been using and laid down with her Kirlia. "I wonder if Ray is ok." She said to herself as she looked at the ceiling.

"I guess I can answer your trivial questions for now... lilac. Yes, I know it sounds girly, but it's a very distinguished and beautiful color."

He grabbed one of his bags from a hook on the wall, digging through it. He pulled out another small bag with sweets in it, and sat back down. He pulled out a malted chocolate ball and tossed it into his mouth. He took out another and held it out to Maker.

Maker laughed. "I knew you would say that. Everyone always says that. I don't blame them, my life revolves around red. If someone asks me, I always say red. But..." She leaned closed to Gaeboo so nobody else could hear her. "It's actually Blue. Because it reminds me of my sister's eyes. Just like my mother's and like mine." She smiled. "Bet you didn't see that coming."

After the tour of the house that the Roserade gave them, and a quick call to the Kanlopes, Michael and Jodi were chilling behind the house. They were having a conversation about Halloween. "...and that's why I don't like Halloween." Jodi finished her story.
"Wow, who knew a guy in a Clefable costume could give someone such a scare." Michael said, a little amazed.
"But how come you're not going to go trick-or-treating?"
"I think I'm a little too old for that... Not that I think this 'holiday' is lame, but I don't think anyone would give me candy. Plus, I like the part with the scary decorations and your family having ridiculous matching outfits." Then.... Disaster. Michael has heard through the wall Maker and Gaeboo's conversation. "WHAT??!!" He cried out in horror. Jodi jumped at his reaction.
"What happened?" She asked confused. Michael looked around with a worried expression and whispered in her ear. "WHAT??!! Blue??!!" She cried out in the same way as Michael.
"I know! This a tragedy! But a really opportunity for overdramatics like me!" He chuckled with joy.

Maker smiled. "Well I'll take that as my compliment." She stood up. "I'm off to bed. Maker sure Michael and Jodi don't stay outside." She waved at Renz and Kathern. "Night you two!" She walked happily to the room where Azumi was and threw herself on the bed in between her sister and Nana.

"Feeling better?" Azumi asked with a drowsy tone of voice.

"Yes. I am feeling much better!" Maker responded as she curled up to her sister.

They both soon fell asleep.

"'Night, Azumi."

Renz turned back to Kathren before continuing.

"I'm gonna get some sleep too, soon... as long as nobody minds, I'll take the couch."

With this Renz sat down on the couch. He didn't lay down yet, but let out Ty and began to pet him. Ty yawned, looked around, and curled up by the foot of the couch, looking at Kathren.

Terisa returned Falkner to his Pokeball as they landed a little ways outside of the town. It was getting a bit late, so she didn't want to disturb people by landing in the middle of town. She pulled out her old-looking Pokedex and tapped a few buttons.

Renz felt his Pokedex vibrate, so he shifted a little bit so he could pull it out of his pocket. He held it up to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Renz. I'm here in Twinleaf, and I would like to talk to you."

"Mom, you didn't have to fly all the way from Alola... listen, it's late and we're all headed to bed-"

"Who is 'we' Renz? And can you please just tell me where you are?"

"I'm at a house... I don't know the address, but there are two yellow houses across the street. I'm here with Kathren and some new friends."

There was a sound of a sigh from the other end of the line. Renz leaned back on the couch, thinking.

"Hey Mom, how about I wait for you outside? That way you can find me easier, and you don't disturb the others. You can meet them tomorrow if you want."

There was another pause. When his mother next spoke, there was a... sad?... tone in her voice.

"Alright, Renz. I'll see you in a few minutes. Love you."

And with that the line went dead. Renz stretched, but did not stand up yet.

Last edited:
Gaeboo stood up from his chair, and scouted out the ground after shutting and locking the stairway door. He was trying to find a place to sleep so that everyone else was comfortable. One he found the spot on the ground, he shouted out.

"Michael and Jodi, there's a couple of sleeping bags in the room Eli is resting in, Renz and Kathren, the couch unfolds into a bed, there should be a blanket or two in there. I'll wake you guys up in the morning for breakfast."

He returned all of his Pokemon, and dropped onto the ground as he began to go to sleep. He had also left a blanket in the stairway before he locked it. So many people.