• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Captured by the Evil Team! (part 2: new RPers weclome)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Both Vypyskha and Argent looked up at Eli as he approached them, and the Eevee, not used to attention, hid behind his trainer, causing the Military Scientist to pet him softly, being able to see him despite facing the opposite direction due to a cybernetic link. "Oh, hello there. Yes, my Argent is indeed a shiny.. Saved the poor lad from an auction I visited on my way home, and made sure he would have a better home that some other 'collectors' would give." She replied with a soft smile, a gentle whirring coming from her strange, foreign-looking eyepiece, looking like a round camera lens, but a lot more technical and more like a half-goggle over her left eye, as it zoomed in and out to get a better scan.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As Argent jumps on his trainer's shoulder, she laughs softly at his strange behavior and nods as well, her uncovered right eye flashing a soft swirl of green and purple, before going back to it's normal purple. "Of course, of course. With my luck, if I didn't save him, someone from an evil team would have got him and abused him in the hope to get him stronger for the evil that is Pokémon fighting." She replied with an angry chuckle, the anger directed at nobody in particular. "Oh, I'm Vypyskha, it's nice to meet you. Who might you be?" She asked in reply.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
She smiled again and gave him a careful salute. "Ahh, I see, the Eeveelutions are always a favorite of mine, but much like my friend Adolph, I spent much time saving Pokémon from danger, and have saved few Eevees. In fact, the only Eevee I've saved has been Argent over here!" She replies with a chuckle, the silver Eevee giving a cry of agreement.

"I guess," Michael replied to Maker. "Now our group is finally complete." He sighed happily.
"I know," Jodi said with a smile. "Like, Azumi was separeted from Ray for over a month and she started not really being herself. Good thing Nana found him or else he would've still wandered Sinnoh, trying to find us." She pat the Kirlia on the head. Then suddenly, her eyes widened. She turned to the sixteen year old girl next to them. "Oops, sorry Kathren!" She gave her an apologetic smile and pointed at Ray. "That's Ray, Azumi's boyfriend." Michael looked at Kathren and continued introducing him.
"He's an ex-Team Rocket member. It's pretty weird, right? An ex-criminal dating a rich diplomatic." He laughed and cradled Nana some more.

Kathren did not seem to bothered by Ray until she heard about him being an ex-Team Rocket member. After that, she could not help but eye him suspiciously. It might not bother Jodi, Micheal, Maker, and worse Azumi; but to Kathren, he needed to be watched. This powerful distrust probably came from the fact she is from Johto, one of the places Team Rocket struck the worst. "I guess it is," she said, only so then Miceal and Jodi would not think something was wrong.

Last edited:
"Oh, don't worry, he's mostly innocent!" Jodi said, noticing Kathren's suspicious glances.
"Yeah, he's a real trooper!" Michael said with a smile. "After ditching us the first time, a year and a half ago, and then joining our group again, I really wanted him to just leave us alone. I tried insulting him, yelling at him, hitting him, he remained loyal, no matter how much I wished for his death. He even stuck with us through the battle with his brother. So believe me, he's a good guy... I think." He scratched his head and smiled at Kathren.

Kathren sighed. "Well, you two known him longer than I have," she said, though she remained suspicious. She retained the memories of when she was younger, about ten years old, fearing that her beloved Derp Lord being taken from her by the grunts. She hated that time. She knew this was petty of her, but she could not bring herself to trust him, even if Michal and Jodi said he was alright. If he wanted her to trust him, then she would need proof. Besides, she barely knew Michal and Jodi to fully trust their word.

Renz stood around for a few minutes, wondering what to do next until he realized Pilo had wandered off. It took him a moment to find the pig in the shifting crowd, but eventually he spotted the pig picking bits of spilled popcorn out of the grass. He sighed and patted the Piloswine on the back before returning him to his Pokéball. He wandered around the party for a few moments, and then spied Kathren and Jodi and Michael talking a short ways away. He had nothing better to do, so he headed over to them and nodded, although he didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to interrupt their conversation, although he wasn’t sure how well they could talk anyway with all the blaring music. He certainly couldn’t hear what they were saying.

He looked around at the party, and at the stage, viewing the different costumes and Pokémon crowding the area around the stage where the band was playing. At one point he grew tense as he thought he glimpsed a Spinda, but he was mistaken and it was a Teddiursa, following a small boy who was jumping around, probably on a sugar high. Renz shook his head and laughed to himself.

Maker sighed loudly. "Well... Let's go somewhere more quiet! We can leave those two to themselves." She placed her arm around Michael and dragged him away. "Why don't we go check out the games? Maybe we can win something. Like, a plush toy!"

Whiton had made his way back to the concert, where he looked around for the others.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
With a bright flash of light and the opening of a portal-like rift, three strange human-like creatures appeared from said portal, or ultra wormhole, for the more educated. They seemed to be human, but appear to have quite a few scars and barely healed wounds, as well as being quite well armoured, even having some form of a weapon holstered somewhere on their bodies. As Adolph, who was seemingly the leader of the trio, noticed the familiar group, he sighed with relief and started typing on an arm-mounted technical device. "It appears that after five-point-seven years, we have finally arrived at Universe Beta-Three, our home, and your new home, Kat." He spoke softly, his emotionless resolve broken years ago, his voice now showing clear signs of inner conflict and hurt? Katyusha smiled and put an arm on his shoulder, looking around with silent awe, at long last happy to leave her own home universe, which was wartorn and broken. "At least ve finally away vrom de var. It... It extremely difficult to live vhen life is struggle, ve can finally live in peace!" She replied, her Russian accent being even stronger than Vypyskha's, a fact which Vypyskha herself always found amusing. After Adolph finally got his bearings and his new half-visor eyepiece calibrated to an active scan, he sighed and sat down, his two allies sitting next to him with their Pokeballs ready and unlocked, so their pokemon could send themselves out when the need be.

Last edited:
It'd been a while since Gaeboo had made contact with anyone he had met before. He was kind of preoccupied with getting the house situation sorted out, since he had basically abandoned the place entirely. His team helped him take care of most of the issues, especially the problem with all the random bugs creeping around the house. He looked at the date and time, took longer than he thought it would, but there was nothing else he could do about it, really. He looked at his Poketch, looking through his contacts, eventually finding a certain someone's number that he pocketed. For once, it was a good thing he paid such good attention to his surroundings. He decided to call up Maker, see how they were doing, and maybe go see them... I guess. He dialed her number, and waited for an actual answer.

"Hmm... maybe I should rearrange my team... nah, it'll be fine with what I have. Fang is useful for getting around, Chauncey is good for cold nights, and everyone else is just good for general purpose things... except for getting people to pick up the line sooner... ugh. That girl can be such a hassle..."

He sighed when she picked up, he had a very strong feeling she had gotten herself into trouble again. She could definitely tell who it was based on his condescending tone of voice.

"...One, it's me, G. Two, pretty sure I'm not a bad guy even though I've done some questionable things. Three, in your wildest dreams, Maker. Four, do I have to fly over there and bail you out of trouble again? Because last time, in the span of 10 minutes, you almost died twice."

Maker's face brightened and even pushed Michael away. "G-man! You're back! Tho it was just this morning we were at your house... Anyways! We all got awesome costumes and we are at the festival in the lake nearby. You should totally come over! We are gonna play games, there's good music and food. Michael is going to win me a plush toy!"

He sighed again, not wanting to go back to the lake. He had fallen in there quite a fair amount when he was younger, but he supposed that he had no choice but head down to the lake again.

"Alright, alright, fine... I'll head over as soon as I can... someone needs to be the responsible one. And I guess I'll have to blend in as well, won't I... god I hate Halloween... dang kids and their costumes and candy. I'll have to be a bit so I can get in uniform, I guess..."

Maker smiled. "Okay G-man! Let me know when you're close by! I'm dressed like a team magma grunt. You know, so you don't confuse me with Azumi. If I win a second plush I'll let you have one. Then we can eat something! Hurry before Michael wins all the plushes! Bye~!" She hanged up and went back with Michael. "Let's go play!"

He gave a sigh of relief at that, and he sent Fang out, petting him a bit before taking off into the sky. He landed next to the nearest costume store, and walked in. By the time he got there, there was only one costume left. He sighed once more, muttering as he picked up the costume and paid for it. He flew back home with Fang and put it on, making his way to the lake.

"This costume is so dumb... people are going to laugh, I can barely move my legs comfortably, and I'm going to be miserable because of everyone else's happiness. I'm going to dread this so much."

He finally enters and he's upset. He looks like a giant green rectangular prism.

Kathren looked at Renz. "Didn't I ask you to keep an eye on Derp Lord? You know how he can get." She shook her head. "I should've just done it myself." She looked up at the sky. "Yep, should find him before he gets sucked up." She ran to find her beloved Quagsire. "Gotta find Derp Lord! Meet you by the large oak, Renz!" She ran off, looking for Derp Lord, deciding that where she last saw him would be a good place to start. She could not run well in her Vulpix costume, it was not designed for that, only to look nice. Besides, her pinkie toe was starting to hurt from her running. It was times like these, she wished that she wore her tennis shoes.

Renz mentally facepalmed.

"Oh, sorry, Kathren, I blanked out for a minute and then I realized Pilo had run off and I went to look for him, I forgot I was supposed to be looking for Derp Lord too..."

He followed her in the general direction of where they had been before, and then split off so they could cover more ground. He found himself wondering if it would be worth it to get Derp Lord a tracking device of some sort. It would certainly be useful in a situation like this. He considered calling out Pilo, to track Derp Lord by smell, but there were too many people here for that.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
While Adolph tried to stay silent and do nothing as Eli noticed them, just as the portal closed behind them, Katyusha seemed to want to be polite, and gave him a soft wave and a smile, having actually met his counterpart from her own universe. Sadly, he was another victim of the war back there. "Hullo dere, I recognize you! You're dat Eevee trainer, no? Glad to zee vou alive here!" She spoke in greeting, but behind her cheerful demanior, she too was hurting, and it could be detected by anyone with high perceptive skill.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolph began to speak, to attempt to try and convince his newest ally to avoid revealing any more details, but just then, his communictor began to ring, the tone sounding like a genesis fusion of Cynthia's and Maxie's theme. "While ein vould suggest not to say anything more about zee subject, I must make mein leave, I vill be back soon. They are calling." He replied, and walked into the woods to make his call. Once he leaves, the two Females sigh, and before poor Katyusha gets a chance to reply, she is interrupted a second time, by Vypyskha. "Well, first things first... We somehow entered other universe, Adolph and I, and spent years trying to get home. We picked up Katyusha from one of the few chaotic ones, and she's witnessed enough bloodshed to drive any normal person mad. We're just lucky she's become a better person because of it."

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Vypyskha went silent and stepped back a bit, letting Katyusha take over, the wartorn trainer shaking slightly with both mild anger and anticipation. "Well, nyet, I doubt vou know me, not in this universe. I... I vatched you die, or at least alternate version of vou. Ve came back here, because we figured vou needed our help." She replied, sighing loudly as she finally got what she needed out.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
The woman named after a heavy Russian missile battery smiled and shook her head, giving a soft purr of slyness. "Oh, how you died is... Unimportant, for it happened in other universe, not in future, ha ha! But let us just say, vou vere kasualty of var. Not vorry about it, okay? And, as for how vou need our help... How is team of highly skilled geniuses, Adolph calls us, not useful?"

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Vypyskha sighed and piped into the conversation, which for once, Katyusha was happy to let her. "Well, it isn't the matter of you needing us, but our leader needing your group. He's... Undergone a terrible depression lately, because of how useless he feels, as well as having horrible self loathing with the guilt from leaving you guys, twice I believe."

He somehow used his Poketch in his bulky costume, calling Maker to let her know of his arrival. He just hoped he wouldn't have to do this much longer.

"Okay, I'm here at the entrance... just get here before something awful happens. Luck doesn't care to be on my side. This is such a has-"

He had gotten knocked over by some random bystander, and his face slammed into the ground. The lenses in his glasses popped out, and he swore several times under his breath. His costume didn't have armholes, so he required... assistance.

"...Okay, I need you here... I'm in... I'm in the Charjabug costume. Laying on the ground. Glasses are a bit busted."

Maker answered her pokegear. "Hello G-man!" She said with a musical tone. She then heard some noises and then his situation. "Charjabug?" She covered the speaker and laughed. "On my way!"
Maker skipped along to the entrance until she saw the face down Charjabug. She walked over and sat next to him. "Hi! You seem, a little down." She laughed. "Ran out of battery?" She poked Gaeboo playfully. She then noticed the glasses, she picked them up and then helped Gaeboo up. "Are you okay? Your glasses don't looked good..." She handed them over.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As Adolph finished his call, instead of choosing to join back up with his smaller group, he choose to seek out Azumi, to appologize for the horrible things he did to her. It took him quite a while to find her in the croud, but when he did, the heavily armed scientist approached her and gently tapped her on the shoulder, clearing his throat. "Ahem... Ein... Apologize for what Ein have done to your group... However, it waz not really mein fault, but that of otherz... Zpecifically NanoCorp, which I have zince abandoned. I hope you can forgive me..."

Last edited:
"WOAH!!" Michael yelled as Maker pulled his arm and started dragging him. He didn't like the idea of Maker taking him where she wanted, so he desperately tried to escape her grasp, but to no use. He just gave up and hanged his head as he followed the Fire Type Trainer.
But then... a miracle happened. Maker let go Michael to go see Gaeboo. He was beyond happy! He quickly ran back to his friends, smiling from ear to ear! "I finally escaped Maker! Man, she's strong!" He whispered in Jodi's ear. "Are Ray and Azumi done?" Jodi pointed to the couple, who were still hugging. "...Oh. Okay..." Jodi looked at him and whispered back. "Let's just give them a few more minutes, Azumi deserves them."