• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA RP: Malevolent Shadows

Asami had been caught off guard by the question, as she diverted her gaze away from Kono before she gave her own answer.

"I...I just want to help people. W-when I was younger, I was saved by a pro hero and and desired to be like him. T-though given what I've learned of the hero culture, I-I want to remain true to myself. N-not worry about building a brand or marketing myself to people. I just want to keep people safe, and help others the way that hero helped me." Asami admitted, which sounded rather naive in the more commercialized hero society they had lived in. Though she had her reasons, even if she kept the incident of this hero helping her as vague as she could have.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So at least Jorino wasn't the only one with a slightly cliche backstory. That didn't mean that his or Asumi's reasons for becoming a hero weren't passable, so long as you are using your Quirk for helping people, hmyou could have any reason for what Jorino cared.
"What about you Kono?" The water user asked, now that everyone except for Mark had shared their stories, it was time to flip the question, "What are your reasons for becoming a hero?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono stood up and started at her. Then he walked up to her and hugged Asami, briefly. "That... is a great reason," he said with a smile. Then he turned to face Mark and shrugged. "Cool, I guess," he simply stated. "I have no idea about Mark, but Asami is definitely worthy. She passed my judgement with flying colors," he thought happily. Then he started lying on the ground and began staring at the clouds. "This is a pretty fun hobby of me, don't ya think?" he asked.

Cody stepped back when Jorino shot the stream of water at him. "Whoa." He said before glancing beside him and finding a tree, the water then suddenly moved past Cody and splashed on the tree. "Hey man, I was just kidding. Can't you take a joke." He said out loud.

He then listened to Kono's question. "Well, my granddad was a hero and a pretty cool one at that." He explained. "I always looked up to him and I guess that's what inspired me to be here." He said.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“What?” He said noticing the blank stares of some. “I just don’t have a tragic backstory or and idol of some kind.”

He then joined Kono in the grass, easing himself into the ground, careful not to dirty himself up. He folded his hands behind his head as he often did.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait, who said that?" Jorino wondered as he looked around before finding Cody. It seems everyone has a better reason to be a hero than me, should I even be here?
"That's a good reason, what's your name, I'm Jorino Albright, the hooded girl is Asumi, the gut hugging Asumi is Kono and Mr. Fancy over here is Mark," He was addressing everyone accordingly as he listed off their names, he began to doubt himself, Do I even belong here?

Mark offered a lazy one handed wave, not even arguing the the nickname he was given. Although he seemed somewhat interested in what Cody had said.

“Your grandfather was a hero? Interesting...looks like your family was built for this sort of thing. What was his name?”

Asami's face turned crimson red as she felt Kono give her a hug. While she understood the point behind it, and felt some reassurance that her reasons for being a hero were not about to be laughed off by everyone. Still, given her shy nature she quickly buried herself in her hoodie after being hugged. Though she kept an eye on Kono before she gave a nod.

"T-thank you, t-though a bit of warning on the hug w-would be appreciated. N-not that I'm ungrateful for the compliment o-or anything or...sorry forget I said anything." Asami said as she tried to keep quiet and hoped that no one paid her much attention as she listened to the other story going on.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker sat down next to the others, listening to their stories and reasons.

"This is gonna sound pretty lame, but my reason isn't anyhere near as good as your guys'."

He adjusted, turning his body to face Kono and the others.

"I've always been lazy, so I was never one to work very hard. I didn't have many friends, but I liked helping people. If we're being honest I'm only here because my parents wanted me to be."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Ah, that is quite honorable," Kono told Cody. Then he faced Parker. "Seems like he could be worthy, but lacks motivation. Meanwhile Cody seems as well, but I don't know enough about him to tell," he thought. Then he faced Jorino, still laying on the grass. "Well, I suppose I'll tell you when I feel like it. Guess you'll just have to wait," he said with a snicker.

“You seemed disappointed in Peter Parker’s explanation over there.” Mark said to Kono. “After all, it was my exact explanation, unless...you don’t think MINE is good enough?”

He half said sarcastically. He seem to notice that Kono was deep in thought. He couldn’t blame him really, a lot had happened so far for the first day

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"That's fine," Jorino replied as he also sit in the grass, he felt like he somehow didn't belong here, he passed the entrance exam and he did good in school, so why did he feel so out of place? He watched the others go, he then decided to be lost in thought.

Ryan stepped up to the plate himself as the others had their little chit-chat. "Looks like I'll go next." Being how this is just air distance... He thought as Ryan quickly allowed his Eagle friend to appear in the sky. The glowing bird circled around Ryan as he picked up a ball. "So, all I have to do is throw this?" Ryan asked in a non-chelant way. Ryan took the ball and tossed it right into the air. At it's peak, Ryan's eagle took it in it's tallons and flew off North. "And the distance racks up." Ryan said quietly as the distance slowly, but surely, continued to rise larger and larger as his bird flew farther and farther away. In the eyes of his Eagle, the bird suddenly disappeared about 6 thousand meters away. 6, 372 meters to be exact.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
As Manuel waited for his turn to throw the ball and watched the other people's display of their quirks, he heard a nearby group talking about their life stories, their reasons to be in te GPW. He approached the group slowly.

"So, you talking about life stories, huh? Mind if I share mine?" He asked, sitting down in the grass. "I'm here because I want to prove that I'm strong. I was called weak when I was little, and I admit that I'm still weak now, but this academy is just what I need to become strong. That's my reason." He said, sharing his story. "I'm Manuel Stone, by the way."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Unworthy," Kono thought as he heard why Manuel wanted to be in GPW. "Heh, guess I accidental made a popular philosophical discussion session, or something. Anyways, I'm Kono, Marcus is sitting on the grass like you, Parker is also sitting near us and listening to our stories, Mark is lying down near me, and Asami was the hero savior girl. We also have Cody, the kid who says he wants to be like his grandpa," he said, introducing the people near him. He stood up and stretched. "Would you guys... like to... do stuff? As a group?" Kono asked awkwardly.

“Stuff? What a vague yet interesting idea you have.” Mark chuckled. “I’m game, team magicians act as a group.”

He looked over at everyone else who seemed to be pondering the same words Kono offered up, which it was the first day meeting either so he could understand that as well

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino didn't hear his name mentioned, Guess I don't belong here, He thought before shaking his head, attempting to dismiss those thoughts.
"Also, I'm here," Jorino slipped in casually as he made a small wave with his hand.

"I'm Cody, Cody Pull." He answered Jorino. He then turned to look at Mark. "His hero name right? Force Pull, he's a rescue hero." Cody explained. "His quirk allows his to pull things or people toward him so its quite useful in rescue operations." He added.

“Heh, that is quite the talent isn’t it? Quick saves must have earned him quite the respect.” Mark replied to Cody. “So this quirk of your has potential, as proven by him. I’ll be watching it’s development with great interest.”

Upon Jorino’s words entering the conversation, he turned to the waving team. “Yes, so you are. Your still a part of the team, we haven’t forgotten.”

Last edited:
Cody listened to Mark talking as if he thinks Cody has the same quirk as his grandfather. "Oh you think I have the same Quirk as my granddad? Well actually, My mom's quirk that is the pulling thing fused with my dad's quirk and created a new quirk in me so my power is different from my granddad." Cody explained.

“So then what would you call this new quirk then?” Mark probed. “If it’s truley a hybrid of two different quirks.”

Hm...perhaps this one’s family might be something of a higher standard bloodline compared to some of the others here, that’s a change of pace. I could have sworn my father said something about meeting with a hero with the power to pull things.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Cool," The water user replied to both the fact that he was still on the team and Cody's mom's quirk. Jorino wished he had a cool quirk, some found his quirk cool, but he thought It was mediocre at best.

Cody chuckled before rubbing his chin. "Yeah I'm not telling you what my Quirk is yet, its much more fun to see it in action and figure it out yourself." He said as he looked at Mark.

Mark’s smirk didn’t change I his face. “Heh, suppose it would be, eh? That is if don’t fugure it out by then. Gotta love a mystery.”

He then looked to his side, to Kono who has still recently offered for them to do ‘Stuff’ as a group. Just then Mark got a flash of inspiration.

“Aha, I think I know what we can do as a group. How about this: I can call in a few people that work for the Schultz family and I can organaize a party tonight. Sound like fun?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“You like hero names, do ya,” Kono said to Mark. “Well, I suppose I do come from a bit of hero lineage. Ever heard of Metal Shard? Probably not. He’s retired now... He’s my old uncle. Dad says that my grandpa is actually his step dad. Maybe I got my powers from gramps, like Metal Shard.... You know something Mark, we should do the party at my house. You can fix it up or whatever. It’s a bit small though, but it’s fine. It’s just an apartment anyways,” he told his friend.

“That doesn’t sound like a no to me.” Mark snickered. “Alright then, it’s a compromise, a party at your place. Maybe then I can buy you that drink I promised earlier eh?”

Mark put a mental note to research about the metal shard, as indeed he had never heard of him before. Organic quirks tended not to show up in the news. But for now, his Brain was racing with ideas for this party he had invisioned so quickly.

Turning the softball about in his hand, Takumi began to calculate what angle to throw at for maximum distance. Then, after winding his arm back, he flung the ball with all his might. Taking a running start as it sailed through the air, his entire body was enveloped in neon green light, and he blurred in an upward curve toward the ball, grabbing it and tossing it a second time. Becoming a streak of light a second time, he gave the ball a third throw from 20 meters up in the air. As he began to fall, he used his quirk a third time, this time curving back and downward to break his fall. The ball landed with a soft 'thunk', roughly 110.7 meters from the start. Wiping some sweat from his forehead, he made his way back to the flock of students. Not too shabby for average human strength. He thought.

Isaburo nodded curtly at the newcomers, motioning for them to go ahead whenever they wanted. So far, these kids aren't doing too bad. I wonder...

Miura shook his head, sitting down silently. "I'll pass. Don't worry, I haven't done anything illegal these past few weeks. My sword's been itching for some action, though." He glanced at Polaris. "I heard your little brother got accepted into GPW. Quite the honor. I do hope you won't be paying him a visit anytime soon." He unsheathed his Katana and twirled it nonchalantly before flaring up his aura. The wisps of visible energy that seemed to cascade from Miura took on a scarlet-indigo hue, floating into the air like smoke.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel stepped onto the plate, grabbing a softball from Isaburo. He thought for a few moments, planning to get the maximum distance without overdoing it. Okay, I got this. He thought. At his sides and on top of him, three blue mirrors around his size appeared. He tapped slightly the mirrors at the sides while the third one flew high into the air, reflections of him appearing in the tapped mirrors before they flew higher, both at different heights. Manuel threw the ball as hard as he could, aiming for the mirror closest to the ground. As the ball flew over the mirror, the trapped reflection shot out of the mirror, grabbing the ball and tossing it at the next mirror, another clone appearing and throwing it at the final mirror.

As the ball flew in front of it, Manuel delivered a punch forwards at , and a huge reflection of his fist came shooting from the mirror, aiming directly at the ball. The punch connected, sending the ball forwards at high speed. A few moments later, and audible thunk was heard from the distance.

"284.7 meters." The robotic voice announced. Manuel went back to the group of students, sitting down on the grass. "Well, that wasn't too bad. Maybe could've done a bit better." He said, looking at the sky.

Cody grabbed a softball and stepped up to the throwing platform. He looked around for anything he could potentially use. "There doesn't seem to be anything close by I can use, I don't think I'll do too well at this." He thought to himself before suddenly feeling a breeze fly by. Cody's eyes widened. "Perfect." He said to himself. Cody then Threw the ball up into the air, the ball then seemed like it was being pulled up by the wind up to 10 meters away from Cody before it started to fall again.

"101.6 meters." The robot voice said. Cody listened to his score. "Over 100 meters, can't complaint about that." He said as he walked off the platform.

“Hehe, guess I’m up!” Vino stepped onto the platform, and grabbed a ball. “I might not be the best suited for this, but let’s give it a shot!” Her hand went into the ball, basically turning it into a round canteen. She walked back a bit, before stepping forward and hurtling the ball as far as she could. The ball seemed to be flying normally, until it split on impact and turned into a puddle.

“86.5 meters.” Registered the robot. “Aw man, I couldn’t even break 100.” Vino pouted a little as she walked off the platform, and walked over to a patch of grass, where she started to do some stretches to prep for the next tests.

Cody watched Vino's ball throw and walked up to her when she finished. "Is you quirk turning thing into water because that ball sure made a splash upon landing." He joked. "Yeah I could have done better." He thought to himself.

Last edited:

“Hmm, you didn’t talk much in class, and now I can see why.” Mark Joked. “But at least you tried hun.”

He folded his hands behind his head and watched the dissapoInted and pouting Vino right before she went to stretch.

“I mean, you’re not wrong, but you’re also not right.” Vino turned toward Cody, a look of rage if anything in her eyes. “Is your quirk making horrible jokes because you sure make it seem that way.” She proceeded to jump downward, and started doing laps around a small area... in the ground?

Cody chuckled when he heard Vino. "No, making bad jokes is quirk of mine but its not my 'Quirk'" Cody said. He then saw Vino start swimming in the ground. "Huh." He thought to himself, trying to figure out Vino's quirk. "Can you faze into object? Is that what you can do?" He asked.

“It has a limit, but yeah.” Vino climbed out of the ground, though it looked a bit distorted when her feet finally came out. “I can ‘swim’ through solid objects, basically. What’s your quirk?” She finally stopped her excersises to properly talk to Cody, though it seemed like she ignored Mark altogether.

“Phasing...nice.” Mark remarked on the ability. “Bet it’s easy to get away with things with a Quirk like that.”

Hm...I’m surprised someone with an ability like that she didn’t go down into a life of crime, stealing jewels or something like that. It’s a wonder how she got enrolled here

Cody smiled. "Well like I told another guy, I think having you see my Quirk in action and guessing what it is will be more fun than just plainly telling you." Cody explained with his hands in his pockets. "But I think I will at least tell you the name, my Quirk is called Attraction." He added.

Vino placed her chin on her hand s she thought about this. “Hmm, attraction. I doubt it has anything to do with human mentality, seeing as how I’m acting normally. My guess is that you’re like a human magnet?” She thought aloud, trying to think of how a quirk like that would work.

She’s intuitive, interesting. Picking up on clues so quickly. I wonder.... mark’s eyes slide of to Cody, as if his eyes were saying ‘Is what she says true?’

“Sounds likely, has your Quirk been unveiled from under it’s cloak of oh so anticipated mystery yet?”