• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA RP: Malevolent Shadows

Asami blushed, both at being addressed by another of the group and by the implication that Mark had made. Not that she had known his name personally, tugging her hoodie to try and mask her blush, she would face then one who asked that of her and give her answer.

"A-asami. My name is Asami." Asami replied, having introduced herself to the group.

Norou toyed with a small chain of scarlet lightning with his finger as he listened to the ongoing conversation. For a Schultz kid, this guy-- Mark, was it?-- was pretty damn cheeky. When Kono suggested that the group spend some time introducing themselves, Norou increased the size of the crimson string of electricity, which now broke into small fragments that danced around his hand. "Norou Hideki."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino pulled back her hoodie, for some reason, he had no idea why, but he just did it.
"It's alright to blush," Jorino told Asumi as he blushed himself, "I think you're amazing too," JORINO SNAP OUT OF AUTO PILOT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? He mentally screamed at himself, but outwardly he still kept the same blushing smile.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"OK, how about this name... team.... MAJKN. Magician, but my name is a C, I guess," Kono suggested. "We got light guy, shark girl, water boy, spike monkey, and uhh... what's your quirk?" he asked Norou.

"EEEP!"

Asami had flustered the second that her hoodie had been removed, which exposed her scaly face before the group, though given the way that Jorino had given her that blushing smile and the way that Kono had called her a shark girl with no negative implications, it appeared that they were not gonna tease her for her appearance, Still she kept her hoodie up as she faced Jorino.

"I...I-I appreciate the sentiment. S-sorry just...just not used to someone removing my hood f-for a compliment." Asami said, as she diverted her eyes but her blush remained all too clear in spite of her efforts. Even with the assurance she had gotten from Jorino, old habits died hard it appeared.

Norou dissipated the electricity that coated his hand and turned to look at Kono. "Take a guess." He smirked as small chains of red lightning crackled and danced in his eyes. "Surely I must control sewage, but I don't know."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“I ship it.” Mark said simply.

chuckling, he turned his attention to Norou, who Kono has just brought up into the conversation, who seemed to be manipulating electricity as he was talking to him.

“Ah, now electricity. That’s a useful quirk. Would you be interested in an alliance? We can be the top dogs in this school.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Like I said, Team Magician," Kono said with a smirk.

"We practically are. LET EVERYONE COWER IN FEAR OF OUR AWESOME POWERS JOINED TOGETHER!" he shouted menacingly.

Then he realized he was being too loud and started blushing in embarrassment.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Alright, well, I've never been called amazing before, so new experiences all around," Jorino replied as he slowly stopped blushing, meanwhile in his head he screamed at himself, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, YOU JUST MET THIS GIRL. DO I HAVE A CRUSH ON HER, DOES SHE HAVE A CRUSH ON ME, WHAT IS LOVE, WHAT IS LIFE, LORD APOLLO ALMIGHTY HELP ME!

Norou once again began to toy with his lightning, watching it course around his fingers and clash in the air between his hands. "Ah, so sorry, but I'm not really one for joining forces with others. You know what they say: 'You want something done, do it yourself.'"

“Now your gettin’ it kid!” Mark approved, now putting a leg on his chair, easing himself higher than most in the room.

“With Ultimate power, and unity combined, we’ll bring the school to reckon the power of team Magician! The spirit of Kono, the aquatic mastery of Asami and Jorino, and of course my tactical brilliance and leadership skills. We will stand unopposed!!!”

Asami herself had remained silent, as she tried to think over what had just happened over the last couple of minutes all the while she heard of this team that she had been roped into.

Which, the more Asami thought about it, might not have been so bad. A chance to socialize was badly needed and the group seemed nice enough. Certain aspects aside. And given she'd be with this Jorino added a certain level of comfort to it. But why, she had yet to decide. Perhaps it was him being a water user, or perhaps it had been something more...

Suddenly, a pillar of water materialized in front of Mark and Kono and rushed toward the two, drenching them in cold water. "Knock it off, you two," Isaburo-sensei said gruffly before opening a nearby cabinet and throwing them two large towels. "You want to partake in childish antics, do it somewhere else." He took his place behind the podium and rang a small bell. "Class is now in session. Get in your seats."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino immediately did so without wasting time, he looked over at Asami one more time before turning his attention to the teacher. For some reason, he felt something that was unfamiliar to him whenever he looked at Asami, maybe it was comfort, or perhaps comfort in a stronger degree.

Mark blinked twice, flicking the towel off of his table and whipped some water off of his shoulder.

“How rude.”

He took a hand and waved it alongside his wet hair, light coming from it and evaporating the water slowly on his hair. He started to style it back with the light as he dried it, before he looked over to Jorino.

“Your the water one, would you mind?” He gestured to his wet clothes

Last edited:
Ryan snickered at the group's attempt at a team. "And first assignment, they all break up." He said under his breath. As the teacher called class into session. Ryan looked up at the teacher. "So, Teach? What's going on for today?" He asked his teacher while placing his head on his hand.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh, right," Jorino perked up and transformed his arm into water, drying up Mark's clothes and at the same time, drinking the water. He then turned to Ryan, he seemed very smug, if only he could control more than water.

He brushed off his shirt and finished styling his hair back with a light made comb of some sort, as he gained back his cool relaxed demeanor and sat down in his chair, looking over to Jorino.

“I think we made a good choice adding you in to our group.” He smirked.

Using his light abilities waved his hand around Kono’s face, drying it off just enough so that he could through the water that was splashed on to him.

Isaburo internally scoffed upon hearing Mark mutter "Rude." under his breath. He turned to face Ryan before giving his answer. "We're just going to be doing a quick assessment of your Quirks via a series of athletic activities, so get in a line in front of the door, single-file. We're heading to the fields." Isaburo looked over his attendance chart and found the boy who had muttered the word. A Schultz, huh? If he has half the skills to back up his ego, we might have a seasoned hero on our hands.

Norou got up from his seat and walked up to the door, coming to a stop in front of it. He was excited to show Isaburo-sensei what he was capable of.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino cracked his knuckles before getting up, he chugged another bottle of water before throwing the bottle away. He wanted to wait for Asumi but he might be late and get on the teacher's bad side, so he had no idea what to do.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono shook off the wetness from his hair and thanked Mark for taking away the wetness on his clothes. Then he went onto the line and smiled.

"I think you're just jealous, Ryan," he joked. Then he grinned at the blushing of Asami and Jorino. "Wow, do you try to make girlfriends everytime you see a girl?" he whispered in his ear.

Mark Schultz seemed disgusted. Ehhhh.....athletics.

Oh mr.teach?” Mark spoke, raising his hand. “What if we don’t like to be athletic?”

He got his smirk back after that, along with the comment Kono whispered loudly to Jorino.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker stood up and began to follow the others out the door and into the hallway. He had a small grin on his face after finding out what it was they were about to do.

"Guess it's a good thing I've been saving up weapons the past couple weeks, I might need a variety of things for this... assessment."

He figured that unlike the guys with magical emitter type quirks, such as light or electricity, a more physical ability would come in use here.
He put his hands in his pockets, looking back to the floor to avoid others looks.

Ryan walked up next to Mark. "Of course you don't like athletes. All you like is basking in your last name." He said before falling back behind them. Something I can be top with. Let's see what these city kids can do. He thought as he walked to the door.

"Tough," Isaburo replied over the back of his shoulder as he stepped in front of Norou and opened the door, leading the way outside. "You have to be able to make the most out of your Quirk, regardless of whether or not you're in a situation you like." Norou put his hands in his pockets, following closely behind the teacher. So far, Isaburo-sensei's strict and solid manner was leaving a good impression on the student. It was clear that the teacher knew what he was doing.

Mark sighed as he lazily put his hands in his pockets and motioned for the rest of the team to follow him. Why must I go outside and waste my time with athletics? Tsk, the nerve of some people. Mark walked into the single file line, near Ryan who had just badmouthed him.

“At least I have a family name worth talking about.”

Ryan scoffed at Mark's comment about his family's name. "So what if you don't know it. I don't care. In fact, I find it better to be someone new, than to always be seen as that Schultz boy, huh?" Ryan asked Mark, as he seemed to be so much better than everyone else. Inside his head, a wolf's howl echoed through. Calm down, boy. Not yet. Ryan said to his wolf spirit.

“Not THAT Schultz boy, Mark Schultz, the greatest of them all!” He smirked, bouncing off the comment like nothing. “One could argue if they don’t know your name, or even know you exist, could you be called a hero at all?”

"A name doesn't define what a hero is."

Asami had been mostly quite throughout all this, as she followed the other students outside for this practical "Quirk display" as she referred to in her head. But after hearing this Mark guy go on and on about how amazing he was due to his family name it had gotten past the point of tolerance for Asami as she voiced her quiet, but still audible objection.

Though her gaze shifted away from Mark as she said that. Still showing her shy side as she questioned if making that comment had been wise or not.

Ryan remained as straight faced as they started. "If they don't know my name, then good. They would know who I am, but nothing more. Unlike you, who all I see is a spoiled kid who rides on his parents successes and expects the world to fall right in place like a kindergartens puzzle." He said while slightly crooking his head at Mark. Showed your quirk off to soon anyways, big shot.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
God, he's so snobby and annoying. Can't wait to crush him in these field tests.

Parker looked up and turned to Asami, with how quiet she was being he assumed he was the only one who heard her.

"I agree, morals, ethic, and kindness define a hero. That Mark kid and his stupid attitude... he's gonna get himself beat up one of these days."

“Of course not Asami.” Mark swerved his head in her direction. “But who would know to call on you if they never knew your hero name or name? Hm? Nobody, because they literally would not know.”

He then turned his head to Ryan, who has so audaciously confronted him. This guy...

“I have power in my own right, the strongest of my alive family. I completed all the tactician trainings years ahead! The press called me the Commanding Prodgidy, born to be a leader of battle. If you want to tread in the shark’s waters, don’t be surprised when your bitten.”

Asami flinched a bit when Mark had addressed her directly, but decided to refrain from any more comments. Asami had not been in the mood to get involved in a fight.

Though she had shifted her gaze over to another student, Parker, who seemed to agree with her which was encouraging as she gave a nod.

"Y-yeah, t-that's a good way to describe it. I-I just want to help people. Though maybe he is right. B-between the brands heroes build for themselves and what not fame may be a key element to being a hero. W-wrong as that sounds. I-I hope to make my mark without the need for that." Asami said, as she expressed her desire for whatever reason. Though she buried herself in her hoodie not a second after those words had left her mouth.

Ryan started to fake a confused look on his face. "Treading in shark's waters? I don't see a shark anywhere?" He said while faking a look around. Ryan then focused back on Mark. "All I see is a wanna-be hero who uses his parent's fame as a jump start. Try me any day, you'll soon find out what this nobody can do." Ryan threw in one last remark. "And tell your daddy I said hi when you run crying home to him."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"You're a nice girl, I can tell. Even though you hide behind that hood."

Parker slowed down his paced slightly to keep beside Asami.

"My name's Parker. I'm not very motivated, but I do like helping people. I guess I could have done other types of work, but my quirk is strong enough that it would probably be a waste not to go into hero training."

Might as well try and make some friends, as long as they're not Mark.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
(NOTIFICATIONS BETRAYED ME AGAIN I FEEL A N G E R Y) Jorino agreed, though Mark seemed questionably nice, he still had his ego to get over.
"The only thing that bragging about a name will get you is fatal wounds and many scars, a hero doesn't expect people to bow down just because of a name," Jorino was being honest, he didn't care about how he may get punished. He did agree with Asumi, but he already stated his thoughts so instead he turned to greet Parker.
"Hey, I'm Jorino, Jorino Albright, what's your name?" He had his hand out, Parker seemed nice but he hoped things wouldn't get too heated.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Oh god wait, too much interaction. This is why I stopped talking to people...

"
Uhh, Parker... T-That's my name... heh."

Could have gone worse, I guess. I mean, I've definitely done worse.

He looked back down at his shoes. Now he was the one being shy, not Asami.

"Man, can you just shut up for at least a minute?" Norou asked Mark as he turned around to face the latter, walking backwards with a raised brow. "First off, we haven't seen you in any legitimate action, so don't go acting all high and mighty just because you happen to be a Schultz with something more. Second, as most of us have stated, just a simple name that belongs to a famous family won't get you anywhere. Soon, if worse gets to worst, you'll be thinking a quick prayer to your long-gone great grandma will magically cause your enemies to go poof."

"N-nice to meet you Parker." Asami started to say, before Jorino decided to interject as she kept her mouth shut. Not wanting to intrude on the conversation between him and Parker as she continued to follow the other students as she focused on swallowing her nerves. With mixed success.

D-darn it Asami, you have got to not be so jumpy with people...

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh, cool, what's your Quirk," Jorino asked, he was always grateful for quirks, they made great conversation starters.
"Yeah, Mark is a bit full of himself, he'll have to get over it, or he won't be a good hero," Jorino explained, he heard Asumi try to talk, and covered his mouth, his eyes saying to Asumi, "I'm sorry,"