• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA RP: Malevolent Shadows

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“Heh, you obviously don’t watch the news.” Mark schultz didn’t seem to take ryan’s Insults to heart, his confidence unwavering. That comment seemed to be aimed at both Ryan and the teacher.

“Besides Ry boy, you seem to be alone, while I’m a part of a group. Tactics, numbers is power. We quadruple you. Don’t threaten a pack if you don’t have the power to back it up eh?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono started getting irritated at the constant arguing between all of them. “Just shut up! All of you. We all came here to be heroes. You guys just look like a bunch of little kids that are arguing about who’s quirks is cooler. And Mark, I get that your name is important, but right now you’re just making people dislike you,” he said truthfully.

He looked over, surprised that Kono said the words he did. He crisssed his arms, biting his toy he for a few seconds. Then his eyes returned to their half opened state and he smirked again.

“I was just responding to some rude remarks, I was just defending my honor and my family’s.” He said half sincerely

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"They may be rude, but they are true," Jorino told Mark honestly, "If you go bragging about your name like you do if you actually become a hero, and act like that, you'll give your family name a bad reputation, do you want that?" He wasn't trying to be rude, he was being truthful and sometimes, the truth hurts.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"O-Oh, my quirk... Yeah."

Parker held out his hand and a longsword appeared with a bright red flash.

"I have an armory, I can summon weapons. I have to build up a collection over time though..."

He turned to Asami and smiled before the longsword dissapeared.

"What about you two?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono put his hand on Mark’s shoulder and patted it. “Listen man, we get it. I understand you’re respecting your honor. I appreciate that. All I’m saying is that you make it sound like everyone else is worthless because they don’t have a name of a good family like you. And that just gets people mad,” he told him sincerely.

Isaburo tiredly ran a hand through his hair as he walked, hoping to get to the fields as soon as possible. He decided not to say anything; probably just to keep the day going faster. The group finally reached the doors, and Isaburo opened them, holding them open to let the kids pass. This was going to be an interesting year.

Miura twirled his Katana as he trekked through the sewer, ignoring the stench. He discovered a manhole cover at his feet and made a deft cut with his blade, easily loosing the circular lid that led to a seemingly abandoned space that smelled of... bacon? Miura lifted the manhole cover and dropped down into the room, looking at the two inhabitants, one of whom looked quite familiar. "Polaris?" He asked as he sheathed his sword. "My oh my, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?"

Asami took note that Parker had shifted his gaze to her as he asked of her own and Jorino's Quirks. Despite her nerves, she took a deep breath and decided to give an answer.

"M-my Quirk basically makes me a shark-girl. I can use my sharp teeth to bite through objects such as metal. My gills allow me to be able to breath underwater, though I need to keep myself hydrated at all times, and my tail allows me to swim through the water. I-I can even store some water to use as a s-sort of projectile attack, like a mini-hydrant. I-It's nothing to write home about." Asami said, as she had not considered her quirk anything special as she took a sip of a bottle of water she had at all times, dipping it down her gills as well within her jacket to just as she had explained keep herself hydrated while on land.

He gave Jorino a look as if to say ‘You too?’

“Hmph, while yes that’s a good point, we have to think context clues here. While I don’t usually brag TOO much, I think during the event that they are insulted to that degree, I am allowed to, is that cool with you water wizard?”

Upon the hand touching his shoulder, Mark instinctively jumped at it, as he was not used to being touched. After hearing Kono’s words, he began to ponder what the words meant.

“Well this might seem as a surprised coming from me, but I extend my deepest apologies.” He said, before continuing. “For those offended by that which those comments were not aimed at.”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Its cool, I'm not petty, consider yourself forgiven," Jorino told Mark unfocused as he was busy focusing on Asami's quirk.
"That sounds cool Asami!" Jorino told the shark girl, sounding interested, "My quirk allows me to manipulate water, meaning I can control it, I can also breathe underwater, purify water, camoflauge via water and even transform into water, that's why I carry so many water bottles, my quirk requires me to drink them to replenish my water supply or else I will bleed every time I use my quirk," He explained, he hoped that he didn't need to go into further detail about the downsides to his quirk.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Hmph, your guy's quirks sound like they would go well together. Maybe you could try to team up or something?"

As cool as their quirks sounded together, he couldn't help to feel left out now. They had a similarity he didn't share with either of them.

"So uhhh, what do you guys think these field tests are going to be?"

“I would guess monkey bars.” Mark joked, sliding into the conversation.

Guess he doesn’t know we have a team already eh? He didn’t hear my team magicians proclamation in class? He was sitting right behind me and Kono.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker glared at Mark, interjecting himself into a conversation he wasn't any part of.

"Little bit rude, don't you think fancy boy?"

He looked back over to the other two, giving them a look and rolling his eyes.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono snickered at Parker's comment.

"True, but is it really that rude to try to talk to one's classmates? Would you prefer him to be quiet and have nobody talk to him? Like your friend?" he asked. Then he came near Asami and whispered,"No offense."

Isaburo led the students out of the building and into the fields, where he gathered them in a semi circle. "Right then, we'll be starting our assessment. He pulled out a cellphone like device and a softball with some visible configurations, tossing the softball into the air multiple times. "You will be throwing this softball as far as you can, and you must use your Quirks to get more distance as part of the evaluation. First up, Kono."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono perked up at the sound of his name. "Oh wow a throwing competition? I'm probably not gonna do well. Wish me luck!" he shouted as he got the ball from Isaburo-sensei. He used his physical strength and threw it as far as he could. Then he ran towards it and slammed it to the sky with his tail as hard as he could.

Isaburo watched the ball fly through the air and waited for the audible thunk of the ball hitting the ground to be heard before glancing at the device. A robotic female voice chirped out, "598.37 meters!" The teacher nodded in satisfaction and looked at Kono. Good utilization of your Quirk. Next, Norou."

Norou grinned and stepped up, taking another softball from Isaburo-sensei. It's showtime. His body crackled with lightning as he began to spin rapidly, creating a whirlwind of nearby dust and crimson electricity. Once the velocity of the wind circulating around him had grown considerably fast, Norou released the softball at just the right time, watching it soar. The flying ball seemed to have several chains of blood-red electricity as it flew before landing with a loud thunk a few seconds later.

Isaburo looked at the device and listened to its chirp. "747.11 meters!" He nodded to Norou. "Good. Next up, Parker."

Haruna calmly walked down the sidewalk to Green Pheasant's Wing, an impressive school that had replaced the U.A. and even surpassed them, apparently “achieving greater things than ever before”.
Of course, Haruna believed all of that, but was enrolled in the school probably later than she should’ve been, and was most likely a day late. Looking at the large double doors that marked the entrance of Green Pheasant's Wing, Haruna dusted herself off, and went inside. But before she did, she took out her binoculars from her pack, which she kept to simply carry things around.

Anyways, she enlarged the binoculars just enough so that she could see better with them and looked around to see if there really were any green pheasants around the school to see if it truly lived up to its name. It turned out there were none, so she headed inside and wander around the halls, searching for the classroom she’d been assigned to.

Haruna ended up stumbling into the field. There was a class or assessment being held there that piqued her interests; throwing a softball as hard as you could with the help of your Quirk. Haruna faced the teacher, asking them, “Excuse me, is this the class I was assigned to? I seem to be new here.”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Okay, let's see here..."

Parker stood still for a second, wind flowing through his hair ever so lightly. Suddenly, a brilliant flash of red shone through the area and a loud thud rang out, shaking the ground below them.

A catapult.

"There we go, now to prepare the launch."

He stood up, taking the ball and putting it into the massive wooden structure. The weapon towered over everyone there, and cast a shadow upon the students under it.

"Haven't used these too many time, but I think this'll be fine. You guys might want to stand back..."

He reached up and grabbed the lever, which was about the size of a human, and heaved down as hard as he could. With a booming sound, the arm of the catapult swung forward, sending the ball into the horizon and out of sight.

Phew, at least it’s not actual athletics. Mark relaxed a bit watched the students ahead of him, one by one hurl their softballs here and far with varying abilities and moves, from sheer physical strength, to electricity, and then suddenly catapult. He knew weapon summon was a thing for Parker but he didn’t know what big of weapons

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well we are using our quirks, I didn't think it would be that extreme though, he watched as the ball flew out of sight, How am I supposed to compete with that? Jorino sighed, he hoped he didn't fail, that would suck.

Takumi whistled as he watched the ball disappear from sight. "That was impressive." He said. He then started stretching, waiting for his turn. I suppose the best I can do is play catch with myself for three warps. After that, I'll have to stick the landing...without my rocket boots...thatmight be a bit tough. Okay, two warps then, and I'll use the third to land safely. That gives me three throws and a safe way down. With his plan in mind, he finished his stretches and continued to wait.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Miura. What brings you here? Also, would you care to join us?" Ryoma said as Nightshade ate her breakfast. "You don't need to hide from the heroes' association again, do you?"

Last edited:

“Huh...well that’s something you don’t see every day.” Mark said, impressed by the sheer size of the suprise catapult.

The weapons he can spawn aren’t limited by much are they? Depending how that is used, he could be a A rank power easily, I need to keep an eye on that one. Using tools to win, huh, that gives me an idea...!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Good job Parker," Azure congratulated his student as the female robotic voice chimed, "889.847 meters,"
" That was a good score, next up, Jorino Albright," Isaboru-sensei told as the water user was given his ball. Well, here goes nothing, Jorino thought to himself as he breathed deeply and transformed his arm into water. He then extended it far back and when he thought it was sufficient, he launched the ball, spraying a powerful spray of water to push it further.
"449.870 meters," The robotic voice measured as Azure nodded and looked for the next student.

Last edited:

“You can go ahead and jot me down as next, I got this.” Mark said, strolling up to the plate.

Mark Schultz grabbed a softball with one of his gloved hands and snickered, closing his eyes. After a few second he whipped his eyes back open and tossed the ball lightly into the air, before both of his hands began to shine with bright light. He synthesized a shimmering bow with one, energized arrow in the middle. When the ball began to fall back to the ground, he let go of the arrow with a loud CRACK! It skyrocketed like a lightning bolt, without any weight drag since it was made of light. It pierced the side of the ball, and hurled it across the field, carrying it with the speeding light bolt. As the arrow of light sped off, the bow in Mark’s hands faded away.

“Bullseye.”

Asami saw the display just before her as her jaw dropped, though given she had to go eventually and decided to step up to the plate. Asami took her ball as she got set, in what appeared to be a pitcher's position before she tossed the ball into the air and then turned around as fast as she could to slam into the ball; using her tail much like a baseball bat. The impact had sent the ball flying into the air, which by the standards of a baseball batter might have been seen as impressive but Asami cared more for how her her grand slam measured compared to the other students.

"402.4 meters."

Asami had heard the robotic voice as it announced her score as she frowned. So far, one of the lowest scores among the class. Asami hid herself in her hoodie as she walked over to the other finished students as she lamented her run.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino looked at Asumi, her score was somewhat underwhelming in comparison to the others, but she needed encouragement.
"Hey Asumi," Jorino told the shark-girl as he walked over to her, hoping to encourage her, "Don't get discouraged now, who knows, you probably excel at another activity," He didn't know what to say, but he knew he couldn't let Asumi just feel down on herself, he needed to help her, somehow.

Asami peaked out of her hoodie when she heard Jorino's voice and listened to his attempts to try and cheer her up. While Asami still felt disappointed in her score, especially in comparison to some of these other students, Jorino's efforts were admirable as she offered a small smile and tried to mask her dissatisfaction with her performance.

"T-thanks, maybe if these activities were underwater I'd have done better. But y-you are right, maybe I'll make up for it in another activity." Asami said, and had done her best to sound like she believed that. Besides, nothing else she could have done beyond give it her all.

Cody walked around the field with his hands in his pockets waiting for his turn. "I don't feel to confident about this." He said to himself. He then noticed the interactions between Jorino and Asami and chuckled. "Good going ladies man!" He shouted jokingly.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: I'm gonna have 300 meterish score if that's ok with you @OmnipotentOnion
BIC: Kono looked at Asami's performance and smiled since she used her tail like he did. Then he walked over to them and heard Cody's shout which caused him to snicker. "YEP! He sure is!" he shouted back while laughing. Then he turned to face Asami. "Hey at least you didn't do as bad as spike monkey," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino blushed slightly and ignored Cody's comment, he instead blasted a stream of water at him, to primarily shut him up. He laughed at the joke Kono made, though he had no idea how to respond. He then realized that silence was also a good response, so he decided to keep silent and let his laugh speak for itself.

Asami turned and overheard Kono's comment that concerned doing better than "the spike monkey" and had to admit it was amusing, even if the teasing jokes had caused her to blush which she masked with her hoodie.

"T-thank you. R-really I will be okay. Just gotta try my best and hope for the best." Asami said, as she tried to assure those who seemed concerned that it was okay. How truthful that statement had been Asami kept to herself.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino smiled while blushing still, she was cheered up, his work was done, though Kono and Cody did help.
"That's the spirit, don't let anyone or anything get to you!" Even if Asumi had been lying to herself, it wouldn't bother Jorino, as long as she was motivated, than he didn't care how truthful she was in her sentence.

Mark clapped slowly the newest attempts on throwing the ball. He watched as Asami was discouraged that she didn’t do the best.

“You tried girly gills.” He said. “At least it could have been worse...your robot analysis could be taking FOREVER!”

He banged on the robot’s head, who still wouldn’t respond to his arrow throw.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The robot had a warning screen and then electrocuted Mark. "740.09 meters," it said.

"Wow Mark, you gotta bully even non-living things," Kono joked. He started sitting down and sighed. "Why are you guys here? The real reason. Not fame, or any of that crap," he asked.

“Hey, the first thing i’ve Bullied.” He joked, patting the head of the robot. “And me? Are you talking to me with that question?”

Kind of an odd question to ask out of the blue, especially considering who’s asking it. But hey, at least the score the hunk of junk gave me wasn’t too shabby

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"I'm talking to everyone I've met and can hear me right now," Kono stated truthfully. Admittedly this might seem like a strange question to hear being asked by a pretend tough guy who barely acts tough, but he was curious. He also wanted to see if they could pass his "judgement" and be "worthy."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Simple, when I was roughly five years old, I saw the world as a beautiful and pure, at least until I got bullied by a bunch of jerks with quirks," Jorino started before he took a deep breath, as he was about to go full flashback mode on them, without the flashback though, "Eventually, I got tired of getting beaten up by them and fought back with my newly discovered quirk. I then realized that this world isn't pure and people like those jerks are responsible for it, so I decided to be a hero to prevent people like them from getting their way," He was slightly embarrassed but he didn't mind, besides, its not like people will judge him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"So you think bullies make the world rotten and that they should be taken care of? Interesting," Kono said simply. "Of course, I don't mean just bullies, but evil people in general." Then he began thinking. "Unworthy. Such a simple answer. Not only that, but he only wishes to become a hero to beat up bad guys? Pitiful, even. He does, however, have potential," he began thinking.

OOC: wow didn't know my OC is a philosopher

“Huh, bullies eh? A bit of a typical backstory, but passable.” Mark Schultz mused. “I have an original backstory, that backstory is not having one at all.”

He did the jazz hands as he puffed out light confetti out of nowhere.

“I just have my own set of goals outside the school, that i’d Say is my business.”