• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA RP: Malevolent Shadows

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“This school means little to me, teach.” The aura still present around him, although slowly diminished due to the words Jorino said in defense of him. “I’m only here on request of my parents, nothing more. Besides, you wouldn’t want to lose the funding of the Schultz family, would you? What would the school board say to that?”

He adjusted his collar, before snarling at Ryan once again, not even caring to respond to the theif. He should be considered a villain.

"Will you all please stop!" Asami yelled out, having spoken with an uncharacteristic amount of vocal power which had caused her to clasp her hand over her mouth and blush. But in truth, she had been beyond sick of the childish attitude these people had.

Though she had refrained from further comment, as she followed Jorino away from the two as she was curious what he had to say to her.

Cody the suddenly appeared behind Mark. "Listen you little jerk, I was tolerating your annoying argument with that other student but disrespecting and threatening the teacher is crossing the line for me." He said with a annoyed expression. "I don't care where you're from or who you are. Right now, you're just an arrogant prick who think you're above others simply because of your background."

“My name’s Haruna! And it was kinda interesting to see the remainder of the potential fight, by the way. Nice to meet you, Vino.” explained Haruna. She then turned to Mark and Ryan and spoke. “You guys should stop. This isn’t funny anymore. Wasn’t funny in the first place. I agree with the shark girl, and also, please don’t threaten the teacher. That’s rude!” pleaded Haruna, trying to stop. This was stupid anyways. She swore to herself that if they continued, she’d use her quirk on one of them and force them to stop. This had gone too far.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino had stopped, he was away from both Ryan and Mark , he then turned around and asked Asami, "Do you think I belong here?" Azure put his hand on Cody's shoulder.
"I appreciate your efforts young man, but step down, I will handle this," Azure told Cody with a calm tone before freezing Mark and Ryan, leaving only their heads unfrozen.
"Listen you boys, I don't care how highly you think of yourselves, your still rookies, you've never fought a real villain before. As punishment for your behavior you will stay in detention with each other for one hour, if I see you fighting I will make it two, and for those hours, you have to write the sentence "I am just a rookie" until I return," He let his punishment and words sink in before he decided to unfreeze them.
"As for the rest of you, get Albright and anyone else he brought with him, we will begin the next exercise," The rest of the unnamed students became silenced after Azure punished the two boys.

Cody looked up towards Azure before backing away and let him handle things. He walked next to Vino. "You had a good show?" He asked jokingly with a smirk. "We could have used your help stopping them you know."

Ryan stood there, unfazed by the freeze. In honesty, the ice was already being broken by his spirits breaking it by expelling force from the inside. He then raised an eyebrow up at their teacher. "So, truthful comments get you sent to detention, huh? Maybe this school might actually be for villains." Ryan said with a shrug. He wasn't scared of their teacher, he can't legally hurt him out of anger, and because he only commented to himself, the teacher can't punish him for his words. Ryan is sure of this, since he knows the rules.

“You think so litttle of me, both you teach and Cody. I am NOT writing that sentence. And I am not going to detention because I have don’t nothibg wrong.”

He walked right up to the teacher and stared him right in the eyes.

“Because you don’t speak for the school, and it only take one phone call of mine to my parents to make sure this school has one less teacher!”

While he didn’t truley know what would happen when he would call his parents, but he knew they made a big fuss over everything. It was a gamble. A gutsy one

Asami heard Jorino's question, and naturally this had confused her which was indicated by her surprised look and raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean? O-of course you belong you. You p-passed the entrance exam like everyone else here. I don't understand what you mean by that." Asami explained, as she figured that of course Jorino belonged here and wondered what had caused him to think otherwise.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Maybe it was just luck, I can't even stop my classmates from fighting, how am I supposed to fight a villain?" He was letting all of his doubts flow out like a massive waterfall.
"What if I can't even stop a simple bank robber because I am so pathetic, how am I going to survive in this school?" He wanted to cry, but he wasn't going to, not yet, not in front of Asumi.

Cody heard Jorino talking about how he couldn't stop Ryan and Mark. "Don't beat yourself on that, it's those morons' own fault they were too dumb to stop fighting." He shouted towards Jorino to try and cheer him up, he also shouted on purpose so Ryan and Mark could hear him too.

Asami had to admit, seeing Jorino on the verge of a breakdown had been disconcerting to her. What was she supposed to do? Asami had never been the most confident individual and she herself had some personal doubts about her capabilities.

But Asami knew that Jorino needed help. And if a true hero in her eyes was one willing to help those in need, Asami had no reason not to try and do that with him as she looked him in the eye.

"Y-you'll...you'll never know what you can or cannot do if you never try. G-giving up on day 1 isn't the answer. None of us are ready to fight any villains, b-but that's why we're here is it not? To learn how to use our Quirks to their full potential a-and become the hero we envision ourselves being." Asami said, as she bit her lip while she decided to add another part to it.

" I-I think your Quirk is cool, with l-lot of potential and useful applications, and I-I think you can be a great hero. B-but you have to at least be willing to try. I-if you give up, you'll only have regrets over w-what could have been." Asami said as she hoped that would have any positive effect and ease a little doubt Jorino clearly had.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino smiled and blushed, he appreciated the encouragement he got.
"Thanks Asumi, you're right Cody, those two are morons, your Quirk is pretty awesome too, I wouldn't want to mess with the shark girl," Jorino wanted to hug Asumi, but he thought that was too direct.

Asami had a smile on her face, happy to see that her words had any effect on Jorino as she soon gave a nod in agreement.

"Y-yeah, I'm happy to hear that." Asami said, and had a mild blush as she heard Jorino's comment that concerned her. While she had not had the highest opinion about her Quirk, it had been encouraging to hear someone else did.

Haruna interrupted Asami and Jorino. “Hey, could I get both of your names? You two seem pretty cool. I’m Haruna. Sorry to interrupt your moment.” Clear happiness was evidently heard in her voice, and she was trying to get straight to the point of meeting new people. She didn’t want to talk to Mark at the moment though, especially because he was acting like an insufferable prick at this point, it seemed.

Asami turned to the voice of what appeared to be another of the students, one she had not met to this point thought that was no reason not to be friendly Asami figured as she faced Haruno and greeted her with a small smile.

"H-hellow there. M-my name is Asami, n-nice to meet you." Asami said, as it seemed her nerves still shined through when it concerned meeting new people in spite of her efforts.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"My name is Jorino, Jorino Albright," The water user introduced himself as he considered his options.
"Make that two hours already, I run this classroom, don't like it, then start packing," Azure said impatiently to the two boys as he unfroze them. Again acting on auto pilot, he went and hugged Asami and leaned in to whisper something.
"Thank you," He had no idea why he did it, he just acted.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kono left as he saw Ryan and Mark starting to fight, which made him miss all the new people who came to watch the fight or something. He was walking around, taking in the environment around him. When he came back there was the group, and then he watched Jorino hug Asami. "Wow, I already think everyone knows you two are a couple. Don't really think you need a hug anymore," he teased. He thought even the idea would be strange. Day one and already boyfriend and girlfriend didn't seem normal to him.

Asami's face had become flustered the second she had felt Jorino wrap her in a hug, which had caused her face to become crimson red. Something that had not been helped with Kono's comment.

C-c-c-couple!?

Even if Asami would have known it to be rude in a normal mind set, her instincts took over as she backed up a bit and quickly buried herself in her hoodie completely. As she tried to die her blush down a bit before she walked off a little bit to calm her nerves down over this. Clearly Asami had not been used to social interaction that extended to...to that degree.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino released the hug and also adopted a shade of crimson on his face, Kono's joke certainly didn't help.
"S-sorry, also Kono, A-Asami and I aren't a c-couple, I just met her a couple of m-minutes ago," The water user rarely stuttered, a sign that he was flustered, I don't like her in THAT way, right?

"I dunno, romance doesn't have to be judged by how long one knows each other. I mean, there's even a term for it: Soulmates." Takumi laughed, patting Jorino's shoulder with a playful, mischievous smirk. "In all honesty, though, it's really up to you. If you two don't feel like being in a relationship right away, then that's fine. Though it won't stop me from shipping you two anyways."

--------------

"it's funny you mention that, I was planning to, yeah." Ryoma replied, sitting down after preparing his own breakfast and eating. "I gotta congratulate him after all. Why shouldn't I?"

Once again, a pillar of water rose from under Mark's feet and immersed Mark in cold water before freezing, leaving Mark encased in ice. Isaburo's eyes now glowed with an icy blue color as he glowered at the cheeky kid, his next words quiet, but dripping with malice and ferocity. "You know what? I tried to the best of my ability to put up with your antics, but since you apparently aren't capable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second, I have no other choice. I couldn't care less about what your parents think, and I sure as hell couldn't care less about your last name. 'Mark Schultz, the Schultz prodigy!'" Isaburo mocked with fake excitement before leaning toward Mark, sheer coldness in his eyes. "If you think that for once I'm going to hand your hero education to you on a silver platter, then you are sorely mistaken." He scoffed before continuing. "As if anyone would look up to an arrogant snot like you." His fingers twitched as the ice began to melt, leaving Mark drenched in water. He looked around at the other students, gaze unwavering, but his voice becoming less powerful. "Let's get on with the assessment."

Norou mentally whistled as Isaburo-sensei brought the heat (ironic) and sighed as he stood behind the teacher once again, waiting to be led to the next activity.

Miura shrugged. "Might not be a good idea, that's all. I'm pretty sure the Hero Industry knows about your fall to villainy, so it might not turn out well for you. Also, nothing good ever happens when you pay someone a visit, regardless of personal ties."

Mark, who had unexpected such a display of power from the teacher. He coughed as he stood up from the recent freezing. His aura, which was still cloaked around him, was helping him overcome it’s Effects, even still though he was still freezing cold. The nerve...

“You...know...” he coughed several times. “I would have thought I would receive a more warm gesture...”

He would have to have a word with his parents about all this, and about who this teacher was. I mean, he had to have to be on the bottom of the food chain to had landed a job as a teacher right?

“With all this love I’ve been receiving from hero’s, a villains is looking more and more appealing, would you like that teach?” He said without wavering his attitude, aside the recent freezing.

Isaburo scoffed as he began to walk. "What were you expecting, a teacher who would comply with everything you asked and was a complete softie? If that's what you're used to, then the way I'm treating you is better than Heaven compared to the company of a villain." The group arrived at the track section of the field, and Isaburo gestured with a hand towards the sand pit. "We'll be assessing your long jump capabilities, once again aided with your Quirk. First up, Jorino."

"Look, pal, I get it. You're used to having everything handed to you on a silver platter." Takumi stated, walking up to Mark and Isaburo, "But here, you have a choice to make. You can work hard and grow from your time here and learn to rely on your own two hands to make your miracles, or you can just keep sulking and get nowhere here." He placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You might think Isaburo Sensei is being harsh, but he's right about what he said. Villains will try to kill you, and they won't care where you come from, or what family you're a part of. If you get in their way, as is the hero's job, they'll make it their goal to eradicate you. It's a harsh truth in this line of work. And Isaburo Sensei chose this line of work on his own accord (or so I'm assuming) so he could prepare the next generation of heroes for the trials ahead. If you think there's an easy way of being a hero, you're in for a very ugly wake-up call. Names, fortune, power and status...those aren't what make a hero. It's their actions and choices." After pausing a moment and looking away, he added, "Wow, did I just get all philosophical again?"

----------------------------

Ryoma chuckled. "Oh, come on, I'm not always that destructive, and it's not like I'd go waltzing into the school grounds. I'll congratulate him after his classes are over."

"Knowing you, you're probably gonna put on a hammy performance." Nightshade said, smirking as she collected a drop of strange purple liquid emitting from her fingertip in a vial.

Last edited:

“...your lucky Murder is illegal.”

Mark said muttering under his breath to the teacher before being addressed by Takumi, who gave him the heavy lowdown on a speech of heroism and sacrifice.

“Sulking? Mark Schultz does NOT sulk.” He said, back to his calm collected manner, as if the fight never happened. “Nor have I learned anything from this. I already knew Villans were bad, i’ve had the pleasure of actually getting information out of one my parents had captured, an enriching experience really. I simply know that this teacher will be teaching twenty years from now, and i’ll Be somewhere in the highest order of society, weather I pass this school or not is just a formality.”

Takumi's smile faded into a scowl as Mark dismissed his speech in such a rude way. Then his smile reformed, though it seemed more forced, twisted even. "I guess some people have to learn the hard way." he said, walking away. "At least I tried." He then stopped, and looked over his shoulder. "Well, if you're determined to keep your self-destructive thought process, feel free to. It'll make it all the more entertaining when karma bites back."

“Learn what exactly?” Mark blinked, seemingly ignoring said twisted smile. “That villans are bad and that things aren’t a silver platter? Those things are kinda a no brainer gadget kid. Carving my own path is what is what I do best, and if that’s self destructive, than you insulted every hero and powerful man on the globe.”

Mark took his argument, made his way back to his team magician. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, addressing Kono.

“I am quickly starting to despise the human race, is that normal?”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jorino heard his name called and went back to the field for standing long jump. He jumped as far as he could without his quirk then transformed into pure water and sped the rest of the way.
"I forgot how good it feels to be pure water," Jorino thought out loud with a bubbly effect in his voice(think as if he were talking into water).

Ryan heard about the long jump. So, distance jump with quirk. I think this might be a good time to test my theory. He thought as he watched the others take their leap. His theory is that Ryan could in fact fly using his Eagle. The idea is as long as Ryan is capable of lifting himself up for extended periods of time, being how a quirk is an extension to peoples normal bodies, his bird could hold him up for at least some distance. Good time to test that.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Don’t worry about it Mark. It’s just you getting pissed off at people as usual. Anyways, I’m about to easily do this, no problem,” Kono said with a smirk. He went to the field and started to balance himself on his tail, making sure he’s careful not to fall. Then he sprang forward as high as could and ended up falling on the other side of the field. “Maybe I should’ve used my others spikes. Nah, I still wanna keep it a secret for now,” he thought as he went back to the group.

Mark examined the field, laughing slightly at what this test was about. This is going to be cheesed so much. He watched his partner next to him fling himself across the field, so he cupped his hands in response and yelled out.

“Nice going, but now it’s my turn!”

He snapped his fingers, a yellow, flat square plain appeared under his feet. His legs wouldn’t be capable of moving for this ability, but that wouldn’t matter. He raised his hand, the square lifting his body up the ground like an elevator, before carrying him across the field, without signs of stopping. He then went by, passing Kono.

“When would they want me to stop?” He said, as the light elevator moved him in passing.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel examined the field, calculating the distance he could possibly get. He looked at Mark’s display, the boy being carried across the field by a light elevator. Wouldn’t that be sort of cheating? I saw no jump there. Manuel thought to himself, but shook his head shortly afterwards. Nah, that should be good. We’re supposed to use our quirks.

The boy took a step forwards, getting ready to do his jump. “Okay, time to test this!” He said, looking right at the spot where he was supposed to jump. Two mirrors appeared before him, one going to the jumping spot, and the other one going high up a few meters forward. From the first mirror, a foal appeared.

Manuel took a running start, jumping off the foal, soaring high up near the second mirror. A glider came out from it, and the boy grabbed it, slowly going downwards, gaining some extra distance and landing at the other side of the field. “Pretty good.” He muttered as the items he spawned dissapeared after taking a blue color.

Haruna had zoned out for a moment, and when she came back, she heard something about “long jumping”. “Long jumping? Count me in!” exclaimed Haruna, running over to the spot. She could see the people on the other side of the sand pit, and jumped. She didn’t jump far enough to get to the other side, so when Haruna realized she hadn’t jumped far enough, she visualized the other end of the pit and landed there via her teleportation skill she wasn’t very good at using. Upon teleporting being part of her quirk and her not being to use that part of it well, Haruna ended up landing above Mark and was probably gonna fall on top of him.

Suddenly, shade casted over Mark, his confident smirk turned into a curious one. He blinked several times as he looked above him. Out of the blue, and unidentifiable flying Haruna came crashing toward him. Oh crap! He panicked, as the the square under him began fading due to his loss of concentration. He fell toward the ground, but managed to create another manifestation Of light right before then. A thin, light pole was made several feet from the ground. He grabbed onto it and dangled there, his foot roughly three feet from the ground.

“Phew...”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Long jump huh, I think I might be a little too god at these tests..."

Parker stepped up to the line, preparing to jump. He did feel a little bit guilty, he was gifted with such an amazing quirk that these tests turned out to be a little bit unfair.

He swung his arms and leaped forwards, summoning a sword half way through his jump and landing on it. Riding it the rest of the way like a hoverboard.

Man...

One by one the tests came and went, each student showing there powerful or not so powerful abilities at each challenge, trudging throughout the day. As the school hours came to a close and the bell to leave sounded, everyone knew it was time to go home, either that or the party that was planned that evening.

Mark walked over to Kono, who had been the last one to finish the final challenge. He signaled him with a lazy wave.

“Hey, how abouts we go over to your place and get this party in order eh?”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
It was a drag to say the least, Jorino's performance in the tests were, mediocre to say the least, but now they were finally done. Now Jorino could pack up and go home, but before then he had to at least say goodbye to his friends. He started with Asami for no real reason. I don't like her in THAT way, she's just a friend, I mean she is kinda cute, but I'm not that kinda guy, unless I'm being stupid, Jorino convinced himself as he went to Asami's location and opened his mouth to speak.
"See you later, I gotta go home," Jorino told his shark-like friend as he cheerfully walked home.

Asami had already began to walk back home, before she saw that Jorino had come up to her to say goodbye. This caused the shark-girl to internally fluster, but thankfully she had prevented a blush from escaping as she smiled and gave a nod.

"Y-yeah, see you later." Asami replied as she began to walk home, though she had heard this party idea and had been...unsure about it to say the least.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Once out of sight, Jorino let himself reveal his flusteredness outwardly. Wow, Mr. Ladies man over here, round of applause, Jorino's subconsious mocked him for his lack of cool around Asami, even if he was able to hide it. Hey, it's not like I'm trying to flirt with her, I don't even know if I like her enough to attempt flirting with her, besides, flirting with Asami would likely scare her away, and I don't even know the first thing about flirting, WHY AM I EVEN HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH A PERSON WHO EFFECTIVELY DOESN'T EVEN EXOST, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? The water user shouted in his mind as he began blushing so hard that his face became red. He cooled himself down, literally, he poured a bottle of water on him self, his clothes didn't get wet due to his ability to absorb it, and continued his walk home.
"Hello sweety," Mrs. Albright greeted her son as he placed down his bag and went to his room.
"How'd the first day at GPW go?" His dad, the Hero Waterbearer and the source for his quirk, with his mother being able to purify metal, turn into metal and make metal tools, naming herself Metallica, combining the two quirks made Jorino's.
"It was alright," Jorino casually replied, hiding everything about Asami and his friends as he hurried upstairs.
"Is he not telling us something," Mrs. Albright asked concerned for her son.
"If he wants to keep it private then we let him, if we really need to know, than he will tell us," Waterbearer told his wife as he made a small water drop and began playing with it.