• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Which inspiration for this RP do you folks like the most?

• Dungeons and Dragons (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Tales of Vesperia (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmm how about this. I’ll put a warning when graphic flesh eating is about to happen, so that way you can stop reading when you see the warning? Glad you brought this to my attention.

Hehe characters can indeed die to them yes, and they do have weaknesses that humans don’t have. For example they can die when exposed to 30° or lower temperatures for a signifant portion of time, it is extremely difficult to form allies with them, and they cannot mount Calvary
Woah. Woah. We gotta stop there. No flesh eating. And you can't just have a monster like that be able to kill someone's character. I'm sorry, but that's a no chief.

Okay, I know there’s a quite a few archers already but plz don’t hang me.

Name: Forei Valeo

Species: Human

Class: Archer

Appearance: Forei has short brown hair and black eyes. 5’9”. Wears a maroon tunic with a black leather belt around his waist. Has a crimson bandana around his forehead. Beige pants and black sandals.

Personality: Forei is quite laid back. Calm when around people he can trust, such as his allies. Prefers not to get on anyone’s bad side. He treats his enemies with some respect unless he feels otherwise.

Equipment: A quiver on his back. A small canteen of water hanging from his waist.

Weapons: A bow. Carries a hidden dagger in his right shoe.

Positive Attributes: Strength - His upper body, mainly arm strength for recoil. Dexterity- Quick with his hands, especially for rapid fire situations.

Negative Attributes: Wisdom - Has a knack for losing focus.

Backstory: Being born into a poor family, Forei’s parent constantly urged him to make it into the army. That became his only goal for the sake of his parents. Unfortunately, he didn’t really have much of a talent for anything as a child. It was only when he was pressured into shooting an apple off another child’s head did he realize he may be good at something. Since then, he spent most of his time practicing too become a skillful archer. Once his goal of making it to the army had been completed, Forei felt he had gained the chance to take life easy. That was until now...

Family: A single child from a merchant couple.

Friends: TBD

Homeland: Yantarlia

Allegiance: Yantarlian Army

Extra: Drinks from time to time.
Is that good? Anything I should know?

Appearance: Forei has short brown hair and black eyes. 5’9”. Wears a maroon tunic with a black leather belt around his waist. Has a crimson bandana around his forehead. Beige pants and black sandals.

Personality: Forei is quite laid back. Calm when around people he can trust, such as his allies. Prefers not to get on anyone’s bad side. He treats his enemies with some respect unless he feels otherwise.

Equipment: A quiver on his back. A small canteen of water hanging from his waist.

Positive Attributes: Strength - His upper body, mainly arm strength for recoil. Dexterity- Quick with his hands, especially for rapid fire situations.

Backstory: Being born into a poor family, Forei’s parent constantly urged him to make it into the army. That became his only goal for the sake of his parents. Unfortunately, he didn’t really have much of a talent for anything as a child. It was only when he was pressured into shooting an apple off another child’s head did he realize he may be good at something. Since then, he spent most of his time practicing too become a skillful archer. Once his goal of making it to the army had been completed, Forei felt he had gained the chance to take life easy. That was until now...

Approved

Hmmm once I get my bearings I’m sure I can get some interesting thing a moving along. As it seems most characters here are protagonists, an antagonist should spice things up
We kind of have enough antagonists in the current situation. Ignette and the General are enough for this small, overall not very significant town.
Hey @Eeveechu151 @SailorInSpace would you mind if Gwen is the one it notice the fire arrow or smell a unusual amount of gunpowder in the tent? It would be a good opportunity to get my first post in
Feel free.
Name: Gerald "Jerry" Des Aster
Class: Cavalier
Appearance: A young man standing at 5'10", topped with dark red hair. Fair skinned with brown eyes. In casual wear, he wears some baggy brown pants, likely made of some leather, with a belt. His shirt is short sleeved and beige in color. As for armor, he wears standard Yantralian armor, some joints painted blue for Yantralia's color. He doesn't wear a helmet, because no one else does...Which is probably a bad idea.
Personality: He's a pretty nice fellow. Approachable, always willing to lend a hand. He joined the knights because he wanted to help other people, it was the honorable thing. Less so for the war effort. But as a knight, he understands at times one must do unsavory things, or face challenges. He's resolved to face his role.

He's not going to change too bad when he spills some blood when the time comes...right?
Equipment: He's armored in standard Yantralian plating. He also has a bag of personal belongings, of which include a diary, pencils, and letter paper. And a couple of other personal trinkets.
Weapons: Stock Yantralian Lance - A decent lance constructed of iron.
Positive Attributes: Charisma, Constitution
Negative Attributes: Dexterity - He's a bit of a klutz.
Backstory: Hailing from a small but not insignificant (Thanks to it being a part of a significant trading route) town, young Jerry Aster always saw the royal guard march through the town- and found himself enamored with them, enough to pursue a career as a knight. And so he did so, leaving his family's normal career of merchantry to study the ways of the knight- and eventually succeeded. Now, Gerald was never the smartest or strongest, but he was never the dullest or weakest. Simply average. Most who meet him recall him not his physical power or smarts, but for being easy to approach and talk to, and never being one to sit idly when someone needs help.

Though he is somewhat...demoralized by the war. He always thought to be a knight was to help people, honor. He was never really on about the whole fighting thing. He's still going to participate in the war, though may be a little more wide-eyed than he should be. A bit of a "disaster" waiting to happen, ehhh?
Family: His mother and father still live. No tragic backstory here.
Friends: He probably has friends in his hometown. Probably...
Homeland: Yantralia
Allegiance: Yantralian Army
Extra: He rides upon the noble steed Percival!...Who will probably buck him off more than once. Percival was given to him by the Yantralian Army, just as his armor and lance were.

Name: Jack, the Tag-along Thief
Species: Half-Elf
Appearance: Jack stands tall and lithe at 6'3", mostly sheathed in a cloak. His most notable feature is his lack of one- his left eye is gobe, in it's place an eye patch. His ears are slightly pointed, giving more hints to his heritage. His hair is a bit of a mess, growing long down his neck, colored blondish brown. His skin is tanned, and his remaining eye is blue.

As for the cloak I mentioned, it covers most of his body- though under it he does wear a light, sleeveless shirt and some modest pants. He also wears boots, brown and worn by constant use.
Personality: A nihilist, Jack can't exactly be called a kind heart. He's a firm believer in some honors, but his total nonchalant approach to most danger is unrivaled. He has little regret stealing from an army he considers to be aggressors, and certainly little respect for his country as a whole. He...really isn't respectful at all. He can't even say he respects himself. Over all Jack's a pretty negative person, but deep down...maybe there is something not so uncaring. Pretty deep down though.
Equipment: Aside from his cloak, Jack possesses a whittling knife (nicked off a merchants shelf) and homemade arrows. He also has a satchel and quiver, probably looted from some poor merchant.
Weapons: Scrap Bow - A bow Jack fashioned mostly out of wood, but has been reinforced by bits of scrap metals he picked out of blacksmith shops.
Positive Attributes: Intelligence, Dexterity - His elf half makes him a bit smarter than your normal bandit or cutthroat. And a thief is nothing without a good hand.
Negative Attributes: Constitution - He's rather lithe, but frail. Not so much of an "in your face" type guy.
Backstory: Bastard son of some elf he never met, Jack was dumped into the streets of the Infernian capital. Which isn't exactly a good place to grow up for several reasons. For beginners, the air is so thick and muggy from the semi-active volcano it's almost unbearable. Crops struggle to grow in the conditions, so food is hard to find outside marketplaces. The most reliable work is also incredibly dangerous as a miner- where the air is almost noxious, a lava flow could quickly destroy your livelihood and is physically taxing. Those who don't find merchant work or try the perilous journey to the less arid regions are the fools who take up thievery. Some become bandits, heading into the lands to jump on travelling caravans, some to the deserts to join a rumored vicious band, and some, like Jack, risk smaller scores in the city.

Jack spent his early years under the care of a man who taught him many things. Archery and thieving mostly. How to make yourself inconspicuous. How to hunt what few animals lived near the volcanic regions. But the man soon left Jack, alone with his skills.

Jack wasn't foolproof. He survived, but with a few nasty scars from a few slip ups. Most noticeably his lack of a left eye. But he's mostly in one piece, discounting an eye.

When the new king was appointed and war was declared, most every able bodied adult was requested. Buuuut Jack didn't feel like working for some king who was so happy to declare war. Nor the idea of discipline. So instead he's been watching armies from the shadows, stealing rations off the soldiers. They had plenty enough to get by, and didn't notice an apple or two missing. He will say though, he wouldn't mind getting his hands dirty. Maybe not for the damnable country he lived in. And certainly not like some slaughtering dog for rich men. He's just waiting for the right opportunity.
Family: Some mixed culture- and he assumes one an elf and one a human. He never met either of them, but he remembers the man for what it's worth. But Jack can't recall his name...or if he ever even knew it.
Friends: He had associates, but most of his friends are drunk soldiers whom forget about him when the commander asks where the rations are going.
Homeland: Infernia
Allegiance: Whichever side entertains him. So probably Yantralia.
Extra: Depth perception? What's that?

Apologies if I got a little liberal with Infernia there, but I assume it's not actually a great place. And someone, fire the designer who thought a volcano would be a good place for a castle :p And apologies for the terrible personality/appearance sheets, I'm just no good at em' (And I'm writing from a ohone at the time...). I'm also really bad at describing. I'm willing to change the backstories if Infernia isn't actually a hellhole that I described it as or Jerry's makes no sense. Heck, I can even make Jerry a knight if you need it.

But, outside of my two guys here, I'm curious. Do you need someone to take the Infernian King? And perhaps this is spoilerly, but is he more of a character who's driven by ambition or just "Oh my atrocities are excused because I was actually possessed."

Because I think a character who's trying for conquest for a better over all world for his people would be far more interesting.
So Jerry’s the Stahl of this RP? Cool.
As for the Evil King, that’s a multi-faceted question. Sailor and I will discuss that with whoever makes the Evil King as a character.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb

Seems pretty... chill.

Name: Jack, the Tag-along Thief
Species: Half-Elf
Appearance: Jack stands tall and lithe at 6'3", mostly sheathed in a cloak. His most notable feature is his lack of one- his left eye is gobe, in it's place an eye patch. His ears are slightly pointed, giving more hints to his heritage. His hair is a bit of a mess, growing long down his neck, colored blondish brown. His skin is tanned, and his remaining eye is blue.

As for the cloak I mentioned, it covers most of his body- though under it he does wear a light, sleeveless shirt and some modest pants. He also wears boots, brown and worn by constant use.
Personality: A nihilist, Jack can't exactly be called a kind heart. He's a firm believer in some honors, but his total nonchalant approach to most danger is unrivaled. He has little regret stealing from an army he considers to be aggressors, and certainly little respect for his country as a whole. He...really isn't respectful at all. He can't even say he respects himself. Over all Jack's a pretty negative person, but deep down...maybe there is something not so uncaring. Pretty deep down though.
Equipment: Aside from his cloak, Jack possesses a whittling knife (nicked off a merchants shelf) and homemade arrows. He also has a satchel and quiver, probably looted from some poor merchant.
Weapons: Scrap Bow - A bow Jack fashioned mostly out of wood, but has been reinforced by bits of scrap metals he picked out of blacksmith shops.
Positive Attributes: Intelligence, Dexterity - His elf half makes him a bit smarter than your normal bandit or cutthroat. And a thief is nothing without a good hand.
Negative Attributes: Constitution - He's rather lithe, but frail. Not so much of an "in your face" type guy.
Backstory: Bastard son of some elf he never met, Jack was dumped into the streets of the Infernian capital. Which isn't exactly a good place to grow up for several reasons. For beginners, the air is so thick and muggy from the semi-active volcano it's almost unbearable. Crops struggle to grow in the conditions, so food is hard to find outside marketplaces. The most reliable work is also incredibly dangerous as a miner- where the air is almost noxious, a lava flow could quickly destroy your livelihood and is physically taxing. Those who don't find merchant work or try the perilous journey to the less arid regions are the fools who take up thievery. Some become bandits, heading into the lands to jump on travelling caravans, some to the deserts to join a rumored vicious band, and some, like Jack, risk smaller scores in the city.

Jack spent his early years under the care of a man who taught him many things. Archery and thieving mostly. How to make yourself inconspicuous. How to hunt what few animals lived near the volcanic regions. But the man soon left Jack, alone with his skills.

Jack wasn't foolproof. He survived, but with a few nasty scars from a few slip ups. Most noticeably his lack of a left eye. But he's mostly in one piece, discounting an eye.

When the new king was appointed and war was declared, most every able bodied adult was requested. Buuuut Jack didn't feel like working for some king who was so happy to declare war. Nor the idea of discipline. So instead he's been watching armies from the shadows, stealing rations off the soldiers. They had plenty enough to get by, and didn't notice an apple or two missing. He will say though, he wouldn't mind getting his hands dirty. Maybe not for the damnable country he lived in. And certainly not like some slaughtering dog for rich men. He's just waiting for the right opportunity.
Family: Some mixed culture- and he assumes one an elf and one a human. He never met either of them, but he remembers the man for what it's worth. But Jack can't recall his name...or if he ever even knew it.
Friends: He had associates, but most of his friends are drunk soldiers whom forget about him when the commander asks where the rations are going.
Homeland: Infernia
Allegiance: Whichever side entertains him. So probably Yantralia.
Extra: Depth perception? What's that?

Why is the Tag-along Thief an Archer?

Well, you need an "evil" king I can whip one up. He'll be a bad guy, but he's a type who's up for the sacrifice of the few for the good of many. Ends justify the means. Unless you really want him to be possessed/"redeemable" :p
Why is the Tag-along Thief an Archer?
That's a good question...
Uhhh...

It's just a title. Title =/= class. He's bad in close quarters. thats my excuse anyways

Well, you need an "evil" king I can whip one up. He'll be a bad guy, but he's a type who's up for the sacrifice of the few for the good of many. Ends justify the means. Unless you really want him to be possessed/"redeemable" :p
Orrr...I'll offer to whip up a Big bad King! He'll beat puppies, steal candy from children, hold innocent villagers hostage, poison your drinks, and lie as frequently as he breathes, all with a smile on his face and an air of self-righteousness. Anything is justified as long as his goals are met and Crimes aren't crimes when you write the Laws~

As they say, "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a God." - Jean Rostand

Difficulty Level: Demon King

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Well, you need an "evil" king I can whip one up. He'll be a bad guy, but he's a type who's up for the sacrifice of the few for the good of many. Ends justify the means. Unless you really want him to be possessed/"redeemable"
Orrr...I'll offer to whip up a Big bad King! He'll beat puppies, steal candy from children, hold innocent villagers hostage, poison your drinks, and lie as frequently as he breathes, all with a smile on his face and an air of self-righteousness. Anything is justified as long as his goals are met and Crimes aren't crimes when you write the Laws~

As they say, "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a God." - Jean Rostand

Difficulty Level: Demon King
Pretty sure either Eevee or Sailor will be playing the Evil King of Infernia, as they thought up of practically everything already. So most likely they have his personality and would determine what he would do and all that already.

Name: Helia
Species: Harpy (Sailor was fine with it, Eevee said it might work, but leaving it up for Sailor)
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Helia is shorter than the average human height, standing at about a 5'0". She has a peachy complexion with wavy red hair that reaches down to her upper back. She doesn't actually have hands as those hands are replaced with red and yellow feathered wings. Her lower region is also covered in feathers too as well as replacing her feet with a pair of claws. Helia practically wears no clothes, as her limbs don't allow her to actually wear man made clothes. Luckily, he feathers grew out, covering her chest area and private areas, leaving out her waist, abdomen, and neck and above to be exposed to the air.
Personality: Helia is a go-with-the-flow creature, not letting anything bother her. She tends to under analyze situations and get herself into trouble many times, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like to go out and have fun. Sure, she has a tendency to steal stuff here and there, what can you do, it's part of her Harpy nature. She's loud and outgoing, but also dumb and devious.
Equipment: Metal coverings around her feet and claws.
Weapons: None
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and Charisma - Helia is quite agile in the air, making her able to attack and retreat quickly. Her personality is also what makes her likable.
Negative Attributes: Intelligence - Helia has a bird brain for over complicated situations. Like wtf is a war?
Backstory: Helia doesn't know her parents. Harpies constantly migrated, hence Helia's egg was left behind in an area near Infernia. Due to the warmth given off of that land, Helia was able to hatch, but left to fend for herself. No one knows how she lived this long, but her determination and stupidity led her this far, so she didn't complain. During one her random cruising though the skies, Helia encountered what seemed to be like a floating island. She didn't know what all these mechanics jingle jangle within that land was, but she decided to make it her home as it was convenient for her. Flying city, flying creature? What a perfect combination. However, she did have to survive somehow, and her Harpy nature of theft really helped her out, stealing groceries, bird food, whatever she needed to survive.
Family: Unknown
Friends: Will be added
Homeland: Iuppeter
Allegiance: Neutral
Extra: Will join around the Iuppeter Arc
If anything is an issue, just point it out pls!

Last edited:
Pretty sure either Eevee or Sailor will be playing the Evil King of Infernia, as they thought up of practically everything already.
Actually... no. The Evil King, like all the nobles, is a character up for grabs. I will likely be making the Yantarlian King as my own character sometime in the future, though. Whoever makes the Evil King should probably discuss the character with Sailor and I in DMs.

Name: Helia
Species: Harpy (Sailor was fine with it, Eevee said it might work, but leaving it up for Sailor)
Class: Fighter
Appearance: Helia is shorter than the average human height, standing at about a 5'0". She has a peachy complexion with wavy red hair that reaches down to her upper back. She doesn't actually have hands as those hands are replaced with red and yellow feathered wings. Her lower region is also covered in feathers too as well as replacing her feet with a pair of claws. Helia practically wears no clothes, as her limbs don't allow her to actually wear man made clothes. Luckily, he feathers grew out, covering her chest area and private areas, leaving out her waist, abdomen, and neck and above to be exposed to the air.
Personality: Helia is a go-with-the-flow creature, not letting anything bother her. She tends to under analyze situations and get herself into trouble many times, but that doesn't mean she doesn't like to go out and have fun. Sure, she has a tendency to steal stuff here and there, what can you do, it's part of her Harpy nature. She's loud and outgoing, but also dumb and devious.
Equipment: Metal coverings around her feet and claws and a simply helm
Weapons: None
Positive Attributes: Dexterity and Charisma - Helia is quite agile in the air, making her able to attack and retreat quickly. Her personality is also what makes her likable.
Negative Attributes: Intelligence - Helia has a bird brain for over complicated situations. Like wtf is a war?
Backstory: Helia doesn't know her parents. Harpies constantly migrated, hence Helia's egg was left behind in an area near Infernia. Due to the warmth given off of that land, Helia was able to hatch, but left to fend for herself. No one knows how she lived this long, but her determination and stupidity led her this far, so she didn't complain. During one her random cruising though the skies, Helia encountered what seemed to be like a floating island. She didn't know what all these mechanics jingle jangle within that land was, but she decided to make it her home as it was convenient for her. Flying city, flying creature? What a perfect combination. However, she did have to survive somehow, and her Harpy nature of theft really helped her out, stealing groceries, bird food, whatever she needed to survive.
Family: Unknown
Friends: Will be added
Homeland: Iuppeter
Allegiance: Neutral
Extra: Will join around the Iuppeter Arc
If anything is an issue, just point it out pls!
I love her. Approved!