• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Blades of Azoth (Medieval Fantasy RP Discussion/Sign-Ups)

Which inspiration for this RP do you folks like the most?

• Dungeons and Dragons (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Fire Emblem (Major inspiration)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Tales of Vesperia (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Minor inspiration)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First post gives you all the lore you need, Shen. Currently, Prince Ven (Godjacob) is leading his own personal force of 30 men (Yantarlian Army) to reclaim Mossley Village from General Morde (an NPC I'm controlling who's going to be killed off) and his subordinate Ignette (Spoiled Bread) who's not going to be killed off. Meanwhile, a strange man named Shard (my personal main character) is meeting with Pixel (my character) and Pearl (SailorInSpace), and has encountered the Dryad Ether (Generation Sect). There are other characters, but this is the major stuff.

Also, it depends what "monster" species you want to suggest. They're called such because they're essentially sentient monsters without long-term civilizations.

First post gives you all the lore you need, Shen. Currently, Prince Ven (Godjacob) is leading his own personal force of 30 men (Yantarlian Army) to reclaim Mossley Village from General Morde (an NPC I'm controlling who's going to be killed off) and his subordinate Ignette (Spoiled Bread) who's not going to be killed off. Meanwhile, a strange man named Shard (my personal main character) is meeting with Pixel (my character) and Pearl (SailorInSpace), and has encountered the Dryad Ether (Generation Sect). There are other characters, but this is the major stuff.

Also, it depends what "monster" species you want to suggest. They're called such because they're essentially sentient monsters without long-term civilizations.
@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

Ah most appreciated for that. :)

Now as far as monsters go...how would you think of a Yuan-ti?

The quotations are there pretty much to emphasize the fact that monsters aren't all they can be. Take Ether, our Dryad, and Coral, my mermaid character that I'll probably make a sheet for later. They're neutral, and have tons of potential and will to do good.

The quotations are there pretty much to emphasize the fact that monsters aren't all they can be. Take Ether, our Dryad, and Coral, my mermaid character that I'll probably make a sheet for later. They're neutral, and have tons of potential and will to do good.

Ah that’s rather interesting. I planned on taking a more...antagonistic persona. So I figured that species might be preferred for such a role.

*cracks neck* tactics? Armies? Hehe...care to give me the rundown?
A more militaristic run-down.

Our troop formations are mostly cavalry from what I'm seeing on the first post.

We have little to no infantry (a knight and a single archer I believe), but we do have one mage.

Our objective is to seize the town, though as you might have noticed Cavalry aren't the best at attacking fortified structures. Sieging is impossible, we neither have the tools nor the resources as the village is actually a major source of food.

Enemy troop Quantity and composition are unknown. We're disadvantaged in just about every way possible lmao.

What we do have though, is an overwhelming advantage in mobility. Specifically, we hold air superiority as far as I can tell. I'm sure that's sparked a few ideas in your head ;)

Harpies might work? I'll let @SailorInSpace make the call on that one.

Also, Shen, this isn't going to work like Fiction Crossover or your Naruto RP... If you have plot ideas and/or plans, you must contact Sailor and I about them. Depending on what your idea is, the Yuan-Ti may or may not work.

TO be fair with Fiction Roleplay we are all kinda guilty making our own secret plots and personal plans. My character is the only one interacting with the guy who is supposed to be the main villain XD

Fairies have innate magical power they can use on themselves, but in order to affect other things, they need a conduit for the magical power. That's what the Fey Scrolls are. Really, all they need to do is perform the procedure with the Fey Scroll, and boom you've got a magic spell. Fey Scrolls are conduits and guidelines, while tomes and staffs that the humans use contain the magic themselves.

Harpies might work? I'll let @SailorInSpace make the call on that one.

Also, Shen, this isn't going to work like Fiction Crossover or your Naruto RP... If you have plot ideas and/or plans, you must contact Sailor and I about them. Depending on what your idea is, the Yuan-Ti may or may not work.

Actually I think I might explain my idea so everyone can hear it. I think it’s better that way.

I was thinking of making them a batallio of raiders, originating from the underground. These serpentine warriors belong to a dynasty that preaches that the ancient gods had given them the overworld so they may feed on the flesh of those above to sustain them. All those that are flesh are promised to them. OWED to them.