• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [Discussion]

How should we battle?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Roleplay it out

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
THANK YOU i honestly love writing guzma. i love how one second i can make him legit threatening but at the same time i dont have to be serious with him 24/7. it also helps that I hc him around early 20s and being that age myself helps. but yeah he really is a lot of fun and i do worry about if im being too ooc here and there, so ty for the compliment!

I would also love to write a character as this, but Pyros is the closest thing I got to a goofy character. I'm thinking about bringing in one of his siblings for some comic relief XD I mean, his Pokemon are already comic relief enough XD but still... I want MOAR LAFS! Is that alright if I have his younger brother come in? He will have one Pokemon on him, but he won't be participating. Just watching.... Scratch that, I want to bring two more people in XD Stror and Shade. They won't be doing anything at the tournament besides watching and catching some Pokemon on the side. Well, Shade will for her research. They will each have one Pokemon.

go ahead! i dont mind side characters at all, all I ask if it they're not canon that you quickly fill in a bio for them here, but other than that, feel free to bring them in.

this turned from a tournament RP to a "lets all put guzma through hell" RP real fast

OH YES! XD Poor Guzma XD If I had met him in real life though, I'd choose the thug life XD I mean, seriously, he's super chill and Plumeria is fantastic XD although, all rights go to you when wanting to date him XD He'd be more like a big brother to me XD

hes honestly such a refreshing character to see tho. im really enjoying this trend gamefreak has been doing for redeeming their villains, and imo team skull and plumeria and guzma are perfect for that. its really nice seeing a team similar to rocket in the way that their only real goal is to steal pokemon, but even then they're not supposed to be that big of a threat. i dunno, but their goofiness to me makes them feel more realistic!

plus all the backstory stuff with guzma and how its more out of the way, like how you'd have to visit his house and carefully read what happened to get the full story. i dunno, i just think its really neat and the fact hes so young makes him pretty relatable. id 100% join skull tbh.

Name: Strorgos "Stror" Vythalinibor Darastrix
Hometown: Lives North of Mt. Moon, Kanto. Was born on Cocona Village, Oblivia.
Appearance: He is 6'04" (1.9 m) and is 240 lbs (108.9 kg). Has spiky yellow hair with brick red roots and silver tips. His eyes are silver with yellow and brick red specks. Lean and big muscles. Has been working out and training with dad's Fighting-Type Pokemon since he could stand (so for 27 years). He has a beige fighting motif hoodie, yellow tank top, dark grey sweat pants, black speedo that go down midway his thighs, black and blue sports shoes with athletic socks. Hand-made necklace made out of twine that holds the charms: Magnet, a Lightning Amulet, a Zap Plate, an Iron Ball, an Iron Amulet, an Iron Plate, a Black Belt, a Fist Amulet, and a Fist Plate and it dips right underneath his collarbone.
Personality: Energetic, full of energy, loves to fight hand-to-hand combat - no matter the creature - constantly working out, hates being weaker than others and takes his training seriously, sometimes can go overboard with the training for himself but never his Pokemon, very determined to do what he thinks is right and extremely hard to dissuade. Becomes mentally strained when up against a lose-lose situation that conflicts with his morals. Very emotional. Can be quite impatient.
Backstory: He had been studying about Pokemon ever since he could read, always being around them and learning how they behave. It helped to study about Pokemon when his mother was a collector and still trying to collect all the Pokemon in her 60 years of living to grow her ranch, known as the "Darastrix Ranch". When he was 6, Stror's siblings and him got sent into the nearby forest by their parents and the Pokemon there taught them how to fight like a Fighting-Type, how to think logically like a Psychic-Type, and how to be cruel like a Dark-Type. Stror, along with his quadruplet brothers, took the Fighting-Type training seriously, and they all equally took the Psychic-Type training seriously. After four years of "studying" under them and understanding the minds of Pokemon, they went back to their parents as stronger and smarter beings. They then went to high schools around the regions, spending at least a year or less in them, due to being homeschooled for a year prior their first high school. Although, after he hit puberty, his once blonde hair and hazel eyes became the flurry of colors they are now, and his skin became tainted with those colors, as well. His personality even mirrors those of the Pokemon that have the typing Electric, Fighting, and Steel. This caused him to become extremely hyper, a little stubborn and strong-willed, and is very much about exercise and is the health freak. Through all the regions, he has gathered all the badges from all six of the regions, and has collected a large variety of Z-Crystals on his journey in Alola. He has tons of experience with his preferred types (Electric, Fighting, and Steel). He is now coming to Alola to find Pokemon to help further his sister's research.
Team: Joltik (F, Tika)
Other: He is bisexual and loves computers and is a geek when it comes to that and how electricity functions.
Species: Joltik - [type]Bug[/type][type]Electric[/type]
Name: Tika
Ability: Swarm - Powers up Bug-Type moves by 50% when the Pokemon's stamina is a 1/3 or below. It is also helpful in finding more Pokemon in the wild.
Item: Smoke Ball - A very tiny version of the Smoke Ball is attached to the Pokemon's back.
Movelist:
  • Electroweb - [type]Electric[/type] | Special | Lowers the target's Speed by one and targets all adjacent Pokemon.
  • Bug Bite - [type]Bug[/type] | Physical | Eats the berry the opponent is holding and gain its effect.
  • Thunder Wave - [type]Electric[/type] | Status | Causes Paralysis, except on Ground-Types.
  • String Shot - [type]Bug[/type] | Status | Decreases the target's Speed by two.
Summary: This little Joltik is Stror's Galvantula's daughter. She was born just several months ago, and is already starting to improve her prowess and power in her training. Because of her Hidden Ability, Swarm, she'll be used to find more Pokemon out in the wild to help in Shade's research. She is super adorable and loves to snuggle. The Joltik, being young as it is, is actually 1 inch tall (2.5 cm) instead of the usual 4 inches (10.2 cm).
Name: Shadara "Shade" Arcafiwhed Darastrix
Hometown: Lives North of Mt. Moon, Kanto. Was born on Cocona Village, Oblivia.
Appearance: She is 5'11" (1.7 m) and weighs 130 lbs (58.9 kg). She has long, straight hair that is pale purple with pink tips and black roots. She has black eyes with pale purple and pink specks on the iris. Her skin is ghostly pale with a bit of pink here and there, and has very fair skin. She has dark circles under her eyes and she has more scars on her body than Pyros. Although, she often hides this unless she’s comfortable around someone. She also has ear piercings on the lobes and has an eye tattoo commonly used to signify Mean Look in between her shoulder blades. Her fingernails are also a little long and are normally painted black. She is actually pretty buff and toned, and looks quite slim. She has a black T-shirt with pink on the collar and bottom edge and pale purple on the cuffs of the sleeves, pale purple booty shorts with a black and pink gradient on the edges, and black moccasins. She has a hand-made choker made out of twine with charms, them being Black Glasses, Darkness Amulet, Dread Plate, Spell Tag, Ghostly Amulet, Spooky Plate, Twisted Spoon, Psychic Amulet, and the Mind Plate. She commonly wears a white lab coat that drapes down below her shins, and keeps it buttoned up.
Personality: She is sweet and caring and would do anything to help a fellow trainer in need. The sweetness disappears if she ever finds out that the trainer is abusing their Pokémon. She becomes enraged and would even steal the Pokémon from them, making sure that the Pokémon is safe. She treats Pokémon as if they were humans, and she is more closely attuned with these Pokémon than others of her species. She is very cold and calculating when dealing with someone she doesn't like, and will often make witty comments against them. She, however, has some mental issues. She has some variation of Schizophrenia, which will activate when she doesn't get enough sleep and will only affect her vision, making her see shadows of people following her. If it gets worse, she will start to hear things. She also has Chronic Insomnia, Chronic Night Terrors, General Anxiety and Paranoia, along with being mentally insane. Since she has had experience controlling her insane self, she won't hurt others unless they get in her way. Whenever she does go insane, her voice transforms from being sweet or serious from that moment, to being shrilly and screechy. Her body even slouches than the usual upright-like-a-royal kind of position. It's best not to see her when she's angry... She acts like a royal sometimes, which would sometimes be seen as snobbish to someone else who doesn't know as much as she does and they're older. She is wise for her age, but doesn't exactly act like it, acting more like a child if anything else. She also hates putting her Pokémon in Poke Balls, so they are usually out and about. She also has perfect memory, but because of this she is prone to migraines, and will usually forget things because of those.
Backstory: She had been studying about Pokémon ever since she could read, always being around them and learning how they behave. It helped to study about Pokémon when her mother was a collector and still trying to collect all the Pokémon in her 60 years of living to grow her ranch, known as the "Darastrix Ranch". When she was 6, Shadara’s siblings and she got sent into the nearby forest by their parents and the Pokémon there taught them how to fight like a Fighting-Type, how to think logically like a Psychic-Type, and how to be cruel like a Dark-Type. Shade took the Fighting-Type training kind of seriously, and she took the Psychic-Type and Dark-Type training extremely seriously. After four years of "studying" under them and understanding the minds of Pokémon, they went back to their parents as stronger and smarter beings. They then went to high schools around the regions, spending at least a year or less in them, due to being homeschooled for a year prior their first high school (11 when in Kanto, 12 in Johto, 13 in Hoenn, etc.). Although, after she hit puberty, her once blonde hair and light blue eyes became the flurry of colors they are now, and her skin became tainted with those colors, as well. Her personality even mirrors those of the Pokémon that have the typing Psychic, Ghost, and Dark. This caused her to snap due to insanity, and she can be known to be extremely cruel or very mischievous. She may also act extremely beyond her years and then become very silly the next; her mental state always fluctuating. Right after puberty hit, she literally became insane for almost a year, until she finally became better through herbs given to her by her mother. During this time, her sister, Catrina, would abuse the herbs to get a high and got addicted off of them. Seeing the state of her sister and seeing that everyone was worried about Catrina and herself, she taught herself how to control herself, even when completely insane. Through all the regions, she has gathered all the badges from all six of the regions, and has collected all of the Z-Crystals on her journey in Alola. She even has won a few contest ribbons in Sinnoh and Hoenn when participating for the cute and smart kinds of styles of contests, as well as a Key or two in Kalos. She has tons of experience with Psychic-, Ghost-, and Dark-Types, and knows how to get around most types because of her understanding of how they work. She is a geneticist and a Pokémon Behaviorist and is going around the world, teaching people about how Pokémon behave. She is now coming to Alola to find Pokemon for her research.
Team: Alolan Raichu (F, Chu), and Skorupi (F, Skarpi)
Other: She has schizophrenia and chronic insomnia and night terrors, so it is extremely difficult to sleep. Although, she does have a very good grasp on reality, and her schizophrenia isn't as bad anymore. She is straight.
Species: Alolan Raichu - [type]Electric[/type][type]Psychic[/type]
Name: Chu
Ability: Surge Surfer - Doubles Speed when in Electric Terrain.
Item: Terrain Extender - Extends the duration of terrain moves. Is strapped to her back by a rubber harness.
Movelist:
  • Psychic - [type]Psychic[/type] | Special | Has a 10% to lower the target's Special Defense by one.
  • Thunderbolt - [type]Electric[/type] | Special | Has 10% chance to paralyze the target.
  • Nasty Plot - [type]Dark[/type] | Status | Raises user's Special Attack by two.
  • Electric Terrain - [type]Electric[/type] | Status | Affects all grounded Pokemon. Prevents the Pokemon from going to sleep and the effects of Yawn and boosts the power of Electric-Type moves by 50%.
Summary: She is Shade's birth Pokemon, so she is 30 years old. She has enlarged cheek pouches than most Pokemon and she didn't evolve from a Pichu until she was in Alola, where she evolved into a Pikachu, and then an shortly after Alolan Raichu. She is super cute and very motherly. She will do just about anything to help anybody, even if it means embarrassment on both of their parts. She is also quite mischievous and loves to pull pranks on her trainer, as well as snuggle with her. She had never left Shade's side and never will.
Species: Skorupi - [type]Poison[/type][type]Bug[/type]
Name: Skarpi
Ability: Battle Armor - Prevents critical hits.
Movelist:
  • Poison Fang - [type]Poison[/type] | Physical | Has a 30% to badly poison the target.
  • Bug Bite - [type]Bug[/type] | Physical | Eats the berry the opponent is holding and gain its effect.
  • Poison Tail - [type]Poison[/type] | Physical | Has an increased critical hit ratio, and has a 10% chance to poison the target.
  • Screech - [type]Normal[/type] | Status | Lowers opponent's Defense by two.
Summary: She is the daughter of Shade's Drapion. She was born at around the same time Tika was, so she is quite young. Because of that, she is 2 feet tall (0.6 m) instead of being 2'07" (0.8 m). She wants to be strong just like her mother, so Shade is taking her with to explore Alola and help her become stronger (also to avoid knocking out any Pokemon with one hit from Chu, since Chu is the equivalent of a 100 level Pokemon). She is very proud, but will still love to snuggle.

As a quick side note, the Alakazam knows Teleport, is so old it's greying and can't move without the aid of its psychic powers, and has on a dark cloak. He can also communicate with people via telepathy (no, he doesn't have the ability, he is just that old... The poor guy is 60 years old, as old as the siblings' mother).

Last edited:
She is just slightly goth, but that is because of her close association with Dark- and Ghost-Types. Although, she is a scientist and she loves lab coats (I have a silly thing, where she watches Soul Eater in the Pokemon universe and she starts gushing about Dr. Franken Stein from the anime XD all because he's like her XD it's amazing). I'd wear what she wears XD it's that cool XD

what do you mean by exhibition match, exactly?

what i plan on happening is that after the opening ceremony, Kukui takes the battlers over to the mock Gym in Malie. it's been renovated from Lt. Surge's gym to a standard battlefield, and there he'll reveal the starting bracket. It's going to be one battle at a time, but he's going to give whoever is first up some time to prepare, as well as letting everyone else get ready. whoever is participating can stay and watch, or leave and see the rest of the festival if they want to, assuming they're not currently up to battle and will come back when they need to.

who were you thinking of battling against?

i mean....i could offer up guzma. it wouldnt be too hard considering he has a canon team already and i can just use that.

but the main issue with that is his rep around alola and his anxiety with being called out as a criminal, but id be willing to nudge in some character development with a little help from Kukui.

Also, Cryronn, just to let you know, the post about Emerald telling Atty that Guzma was being searched by your Gardevoir... Her character was with mine behind a couple of buildings. You'd have to follow us, and I don't see a post of you guys following them. Plus, she's far away, so your character wouldn't have been able to tell her anything.

not exactly. like i said, kukui is gonna reveal the bracket and whoever is up first is gonna get a couple hours to prepare themselves before battling. spectators are free to come and go as they please, but be ready when your turn happens.

edit: i should clarify this is RP hours, im not expecting everyone to make a reply right away. ill def give a day or two for that.

There are no spots open for battling, but you can have spectating characters. We'll just have to see with vaultie, though. She is the ruler here, but I'm just the messenger of what she said to someone else XD

spectator spots open- yes.
battle spots open- no.

you can always make a character to spectate and watch the battles that are soon to happen and interact with other characters, but for the most part, the bracket is all filled, sorry.

So I was going to mention that Colress is using his cloaking device and is just creepily observing Seven and Shiori, but I totally forgot to include that in my post. I guess I’ll do it for the next one :U

So...what's the verdict on duplicate pokemon? As in, the same species as other characters. Because the team I have arranged has three, but thankfully they are only first time duplicates.

...Wait no one is a triple duplicate. Agh. So many characters.

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Hey Cryronn I'd be willing to set up a scene to have our Pokemon enter a battle. Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but I think it might be fun. Also don't know if you noticed but I had my Sandslash run into Jade, so it could be set up.

yeah, feel free to put a bio up so i can see what you got, and can accept you from there. unless you completely mess up and forget a bunch of stuff, youre prob gonna get accepted, so dont worry!

as for nanu... dont get me wrong i love the old man, but im already balancing 2 canon character (3 if you wanna include plumeria). i wanted to bring in kukui instead of nanu because i know nanu won't be as enthusiastic or welcoming with the tournament and battles themselves. along with that, i was hoping to save most of the battling for the ones that got in the tournament, since RP battles take a long time (especially if both sides arent active). i mean, if you guys REALLY wanted me to i could easily do nanu, but otherwise i was gonna leave him out.