• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [Discussion]

How should we battle?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Roleplay it out

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since my OC is a Porygon2 she’d leave the Android to fight as a Porygon2 (duck thing) if she entered the tournament. It would be stupid of her to fight as an Android for that xD! So either she can be purely non combat, or I can enter Colress too. *shrug*

And yes I’d absolutely love to play Gladion. I’m not sure if linking to outside character sheets is allowed so I’ll just post everything when I get home. I’m happy to play all 3 characters if you’ll let me! :U

alright, now that you've specified how your android OC works, i actually suppose i could let that slide. i took it as that you would be roleplaying her android body in a battle, and that would be a bit awkward for other players to understand, that's what i meant by keeping it Pokemon vs Pokemon only. but now that you specified more clearly that she can battle as an actual Porygon2, then yeah, i can let that slide. granted that this Porygon2 is treated like an actual Pokemon while in battle, of course.

so yeah, as long as the android body doesn't interfere with the battles, i'll let that slide. but same thing like i said with gladion, colress shouldn't have an advantage just because he's canon. you'll only need to fill in a full bio sheet for your android OC if that's the case, since most of us here actually know who Colress and Gladion are. the only thing i'll need out of them are their full teams and what location they'll be representing if theyre going to be battling, as well as any specific headcanons you might have for them that you need to mention.

Sounds good! Yeah sorry for being vague, and yes she’s a normal beep boop Porygon2 when she needs to be. I’ll be off work in like ~4 hours I’ll get the sheets up. Both Gladion and Colress have no head canons that really need to be mentioned as far as I know, so should be fine on that front. I’ll detail their Teams and region/City.

Anyway, can’t wait to RP with you all! :D

Wait, no switching, Vaultie? I have a Pokemon that needs to switch XD Can I change that really fast? I'll find my RP post that had the description of that item and change it, too ^^''' I didn't think there was going to be no switching, and I didn't know about the format. Sorry about that.

None of my Pokemon can learn those. Salazzle and Salamence both had Choice Scarf, which need to be switched out constantly in order to use any of the other moves. That's the problem. And if I had Eject Button, what point is there to also hold the Choice Scarf? XD I changed it. Salazzle now has Weakness Policy, and Salamence has Snowball.

Air Balloon is something completely different. Air Balloon will disappear after getting hit by ANYTHING that's a direct attack. Weakness Policy only works if the Pokemon is hit by a Super-Effective Attack on the holder, AND it raises Special Attack and Attack sharply. The only thing Air Balloon does is keep the Pokemon off the ground and make them unaffected by the likes of Terrain moves and Ground-Type attacks. The only similarity between the two is that they get consumed after use.

Last edited:
Harshly? Thats a bit harsh.

But I actually think that extremely powerful trainers such as Jackson and Mouse should use showdown although some abilities will be a bit broken.

Overall I think that Fresh is right about showdown.

I'm not too against Showdown (despite my previous posts), and I can use Showdown, but I'm none too good at the battle aspect. I just want to have the freedom of what an RP gives. Maybe we can use Showdown as a way of having a vague list of things that should happen and then we can add stuff in between to make it realistic enough, so it looks like we are actually RPing it out. Like a short script of what we should include, and whoever is the winner is the winner.

Another question: Does everyone need to follow this whole kind of way to find a winner? I just realized that we all can choose different ways to go about the winner of a battle, unless it's too complicated.

The one think i'll dislike about showdown if it gets chosen is everyone's teams. Most teams are barely BL to be honest. Plus held items weren't part of the original application to join the RP. Also I wasn't told if mega evolution's were allowed...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I don't think they should be, since this is sorta a tournament rp megas would be too unfair an advantage. also it's not our fault that some teams have weaker pokemon than others, if that was the case then showdown doesn't really matter, does it? Also, I don't care about formats. If it was showdown I recommend custom game and anything goes

i guess it depends on who you end up battling that you can decide between the two of you how things should play out and who should win, so that's a good point. as long as both parties can come to an agreement, i don't exactly see an issue. if one pair wants to use showdown to find out who wins, and another pair wants to talk about it and RP it out, i don't see that as a problem.

but like i said before, if you do end up using showdown, make sure to keep the replays handy just in case. you'll also be RPing out what happens in the showdown battle in the actual thread, just so everyone else has context and can know what happened.

Name: Gladion
Hometown: Aether Paradise
Appearance: Same as USUM.

Personality: Strong-willed and intelligent, Gladion has been hardened by his experiences. Though cold and aloof, his rough exterior hides a kind, caring person. He is especially protective of his partners and sister, however this attitude extends to anyone he forms a bond with. With a surly and cynical disposition, it's difficult for Gladion to cut loose. Losses aren't taken gracefully, as he's extremely self-critical (though he has been working on it). That said, he strives to become a formidable Trainer, regardless of the hand life has dealt him.

Backstory: Gladion is a fairly experienced Trainer, who has traveled through both Alola and Kanto. He only has 6 Gym badges as he was called home and urged to participate in the tournament.

Gladion's childhood was relatively normal for the first several years of his life. His mother and father were loving, caring parents, but they were often absent; leaving Gladion and his sister, Lillie, in the care of others.

His father was the head scientist of the Aether Foundation, an organization dedicated to the preservation of injured Pokémon. However, in the interests of keeping their organization afloat, they heavily invested in their research. Gladion's father, Professor Mohn, was a cutting-edge scientist, diving into the fields of the unknown. A strange portal to another world was discovered, and even more terrifyingly, occasionally dangerous Pokémon would appear from them. The professor sought to uncover the mysteries of the Ultra Wormhole.

Before his research was completed, Mohn was lost to the very thing he studied. The Aether Foundation began their project Type: Full in order to combat the extraterrestrial threats. In the process, Gladion's mother, Lusamine, was driven mad.

Her insanity became increasingly apparent as time passed. It was almost as if something corrupted her being, amplifying her negative traits. The Type: Full project was soon deemed a failure by the Foundation, however Gladion knew that if his mother planned to force open an Ultra Wormhole, this project was the only chance he had at stopping her.

Breaking into a high-security lab, Gladion successfully liberated a cryogenically frozen Pokémon. However, he would soon discover the precise reason for the projects failure; the creature was driven to madness, and was volatile and uncontrollable. Gladion was determined to prove its creators wrong, and liberate the feral Pokémon, turning it into the Beast Killer it was designed to be. Grievously wounded, but not disheartened, Gladion took it with him as he left Aether Paradise.

Gladion began working for Team Skull in the interest of supporting himself financially while finding a way to grow stronger. He would go on working for them as an Enforcer for two years.

As his quest for strength continued, he began to realize that despite his efforts, something was lacking. He had experience, sure, but it had not been challenging enough to force a significant improvement within himself and his partners. Most great Trainers had many more. If he wanted to challenge the beasts on equal footing, he'd need to improve drastically. Thus started his journey for self improvement. With strength, he'd gain the power to protect those he cared for.

Team:

Species: Lycanroc Midnight Form
Name: Fenrir
Ability: No Guard
Movelist: Counter, Stone Edge, Crunch, Thunder Fang
Summary: Despite most Midnight Lycanroc's hostile demeanor, Fenrir is surprisingly docile, however it loves fighting. Caught at Ten Carat Hill before leaving for Kanto.

Species: Crobat
Name: Illidan
Ability: Inner Focus
Movelist: Acrobatics, Cross Poison, X-Scissor, Steel Wing
Summary: Level headed and stern. Caught at Diglett's tunnel at the beginning of his journey.

Species: Zoroark
Name: Lugh
Ability: Illusion
Movelist: Night Daze, Hyper Voice, Grass Knot, Foul Play
Summary: Mischievous. Caught on Route 1 towards the beginning of his journey.

Species: Porygon-Z
Name: Zeta
Ability: Download
Movelist: Tri Attack, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
Summary: Spastic. Taken from Aether Paradise during his journey.

Species: Lucario
Name: Setis
Ability: Inner Focus
Movelist: Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed, Psychic
Summary: Calm and collected. Befriended on Mount Lanakila during the middle of his journey.

Species: Charizard
Name: Ouryu
Ability: Blaze
Movelist: Air Slash, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Outrage
Summary: Hot-headed and brash. Gifted by Professor Oak while in Kanto.

Other:
Beep beep I'm a Jeep. Also Silvally is at Aether Paradise and not with Gladion (for obvious reasons).

Last edited:
Name: Seven of Nine
Species: Porygon2
Trainer: Colress
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova

Appearance: Though Seven has the appearance of a normal Porygon2, she is most often seen controlling a humanoid android. To most, she would appear human given that she has Artificial Biological Tissue covering her body in the form of realistic skin and hair. However, there are still a few clearly not biological components in the form of the metallic Ocular Panel surrounding her left eye in the shape of a sideways U, and metallic tendons that wrap around her left wrist and hand.

One might take notice of her pale skin, bright blue artifical eyes, and blonde shoulder-length hair. She would almost appear to be her Trainer's sibling as they share similar features.

Due to an unfortunate incident in her past, she has been given a white dress to wear in accordance to Aether Foundation style.

LFtQHsA.png

THANK YOU @VAULTIE!

At a Glance: Human-looking robot with pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes. Several visible cybernetic parts.

Colress MCHN Technical Specifications:

• Positronic Brain consisting of an artificial neural network.
  • Porygon-class Pokémon resides as data within Positronic Brain.
  • Ocular Panel connects to Positronic Brain. Used for routine maintenance.
  • Lightweight Steel Alloy Endoskeleton Reinforced with Eviolite.
  • Artificial Biological Tissue make up hair and artificial skin.
  • Nanoprobes repair mechanical and biological components on a microscopic level. (Takes several days to a week to finish repairs.)
  • Battery Life of 24 hours.
  • Recharge Rate of 4 hours.
  • Requires a Type 1 or Type 2 connector and a Mode 3 charging cable.
  • Can use public charging stations designed for electric cars.
  • Power In Receptacle located on the lumbar spine.
  • Wireless Charge enabled.
  • Left Hand wrapped in metallic tendons to protect housing from Electric-type moves.
  • Universal Connector extends from left hand at will. Can interface with most electronics.

Personality: Efficient and obedient, however Seven is not afraid to speak her mind when she feels strongly about something. Though her voice and mannerisms may seem emotionless, she is easily frustrated by those around her. Despite her aversion to small talk, this Porygon2 seeks companionship, and feels a gripping sensation of loneliness when on her own.

She is attempting to adapt to humanoid life, and seeks for those around her to treat her as an equal. However, despite her best efforts to adapt, there are a few things she is not willing to compromise. Above all else, Seven values honesty, and will often come across as blunt or harsh.

Backstory:
Seven of Nine was a Porygon2 liberated from Team Plasma. When Colress disbanded Team Plasma after being defeated by Nate, he realized that a Pokémon's strength is brought out by its Trainer. Both Porygon2, Four of Nine and Seven of Nine, were not meeting their potential, and Colress was determined to see them to their full strength. However, this lead to a split of ideals. Four of Nine believed becoming a Porygon-Z would get them closer to perfection, while Seven of Nine felt that sacrificing logic for versatility was not optimal. As their Trainer, Colress facilitated their needs, allowing them to grow in the direction they wanted to.

With the invention of the Rotom-Dex, Colress was spurred onward by his endless curiosity. This curiosity eventually manifested itself into Colress Machine No. 1054, a cybernetic shell designed to house a Porygon-class Pokémon. Seven of Nine volunteered, as the concept seemed intriguing.

Other: She has a lot of quirks including being rigid and awkward, and she often clenches her jaw when frustrated.

Last edited:
@Ninian this should go without saying since we talked beforehand, but all your characters are accepted. welcome!

something else i wanted to say about showdown: since SD doesnt exactly have the format i wanted to use, the formatting will be as follows:

Gen 7 Anything Goes, Anywhere from 2 to 3 1v1 single battles depending on who wins the 2nd round. All Pokemon may be set to lvl 100, and their nature may be different than how you RP them as, to avoid any disadvantages with a detrimental nature. Held items are allowed, but please include some kind of detail in the RP as to how they hold it. (On a necklace, if its a wearable sash, etc). If you want me to elaborate anything, feel free to ask.

Another point with held items: If you plan on RPing instead of showdown, please describe before the battle at some point what items your Pokemon have. I understand not wanting to wear Scarves and Sashes while out of battle, but make sure theres an actual action of your Pokemon equipping these items. Don't suddenly mention it in the middle of a battle like "but he had a berry all along and suddenly ate it to regain health!!!", its not fair to the other person.

Sounds good. I prefer RP battles (and I’m fine with losing), so I’ll probably only do Showdown fights if it’s mandatory/my partner REEEEAAAALLLY wants to do it.

I’ll finish everyone’s bios and post probably in an hour/two. Dinner and all of that! Can’t wait to get started!

Name: Colress
Hometown: Castelia City, Unova
Appearance: Same as USUM

Personality: A quirky, but passionate scientist. He is friendly and personable, if not a bit odd. However, he enjoys being helpful, seeking to bring out the best in a Trainer and their Pokémon. Despite having the willingness to pursue his goals no matter the consequence, he dislikes selfish, malevolent people. However, he will entertain them if it's required for the benefit of his research.

Backstory: Formerly a Team Plasma scientist, Colress was involved in several incidents. Once he gained control of Team Plasma, he disbanded it once Nate proved that he could draw out the power of his Pokémon, proving that Team Plasma's methodology was incorrect. Since then, Colress has pursued different methods of drawing out a Pokémon's power, including Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. This has moved his research to Alola. He does not have any Gym Badges despite being a skilled Trainer.

Team:

Species: Metagross
Name: One of Nine
Ability: Clear Body
Movelist: Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Explosion
Summary: Logical. Caught at the Giant Chasm.

Species: Klingklang
Name: Two of Nine
Ability: Plus
Movelist: Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Protect, Toxic
Summary: Calm and calculated. Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.

Species: Magnezone
Name: Three of Nine
Ability: Magnet Pull
Movelist: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Tri Attack, Volt Switch
Summary: Stern and calculated. Was an assistant at the P2 Laboratory.

Species: Porygon2
Name: Seven of Nine
Movelist: Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Beam
Summary: Serious and blunt. Liberated from Team Plasma.

Species: Electrode
Name: Eight of Nine
Ability: Soundproof
Movelist: Rain Dance, Thunder, Taunt, Light Screen
Summary: Explosive. Liberated from Team Plasma.

Species: Muk (Alolan)
Name: Nine of Nine
Ability: Poison Touch
Movelist: Crunch, Belch, Shadow Sneak, Stone Edge
Summary: Thinks your waifu is trash. Met in Alola.

I have a question though. I was kind of thinking of having Nokus already meet your character in Unova before. Pretty sure Colress would be looking into Mistralton Cave for power sources and would cause the Pokemon there some trouble (which is where Nokus lived at the time of him being an Axew). Is that alright? I don't want to auto anything XD

You name it, he's probably made it. I have a whole page just listing out his experiments with their numbers to keep track. If you make note of something I'll add it to the growing list >_>!

oh dear XD I was going to have him abduct some Pokemon from Mistralton Cave and use them for experiments to find ways on making them powerful. With Chandela, I was going to have him remember when he appeared in Celestial Tower and created a machine that caused a very high-pitched frequency to sound and cause all the wild Pokemon, including himself, pain and turn them into blood-thirsty monsters. I remember in the anime he did do this XD but in different areas.