• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Alola World Festival [Discussion]

How should we battle?

• Pokemon Showdown

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Roleplay it out

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry for not posting on the main thread, but I really don't want to bog down anyone with my slow posting schedule. I'm still here and will post, but I also don't exactly want to hold anyone in place for a day when you guys clearly are moving at a faster pace than me. I will make a post soon, though, just to show that I'm still with y'all.

No no that’s fine. I’m going to stop replies to let people catch up since the Colress confrontation is over.

Colress is currently outside of Malie Gardens in the main city. Gladion is near the Pokémon Center and Seven will probably stalk Pyros to make sure he’s actually getting help.

Edit: Made a small post with Seven to explain what she's doing, but I don't plan to post further until everyone catches up, or at least most people. :U

Last edited:
My sitution is the same as BurbleBurble's, i'll make a post as soon as possible. I just gotta find the time to do it. I've been busy these few days and likely will be for a few weeks.

Also, based on what Vaultie said, you can choose whether you want to RP the battle or go to Showdown to do it? Or am i reading that wrong?

since the last two spots for an even amount were taken by Colress and Gladion, I'm cutting off anymore participants for the tournament.

if youd like, I can still accept you as a spectator to interact with the other players, but before I do any of that i'd appreciate it if you would fix the formatting and all the grammatical errors on your bio sheets, its not giving a very good first impression.

EDIT: also uhhh i know you wouldnt be battling anyways but. a LOT of your pokemon have abilities and moves they cant learn in the first place. for the sake of consistency im gonna have to ask you to fix all that.

Last edited:
I'm debating whether or not to make the opening ceremony post yet, i know there's a couple people there already but since multiple people are busy and havent had a chance to even make their first post, i feel like i should hold it off a little bit longer. i definitely have a plan and what to write out, i just wanna make sure everyones in a good spot before i make a sudden plot advancement.

Yeah, waiting is probably best. As much as I like things RIGHT NOW, I know kids are currently preparing for finals and stuff. It's about ~40 days left in the school year, and it obviously depends on where you live. But there's all sorts of final projects and whatnot going on right now.

yup, although i have free time since my classes are thankfully spread apart, i still have a couple projects and papers coming up. nothing i cant get done in a single night, but the point still stands.

and i figured i should probably ask this to clarify: since the two of them meeting are bound to happen in this RP, i was wondering what your Gladion's relationship with Guzma is? i mentioned in a post with my hcs that my Guzma is on decent terms with both him and Lillie, though a bit awkward about it considering he ended up siding with Lusamine. ofc since this is post-story, my Guzma doesn't want anything to do with Lusamine anymore, but feels like he should at least try to make amends with her kids. sort of like the "villain reforms and turns into the awkward uncle" trope, but big brother instead of uncle.

Fair enough! I just work at a school, so as far as finals go I am there to see it happen, and that's about it. So I'm good to go forever, or something.

That's about where I'm at too with Gladion. Gladion doesn't dislike Guzma or bare him any ill will, he knows how manipulative his mother is. And it appears like/in my head canon he wasn't treated poorly by specifically Guzma in Team Skull. Likely because he was significantly more competent than... well everyone else that wasn't Plumeria. XD

oh yeah, i definitely believe Guzma favored Gladion since he also ran away from home and the two have similar backstories. my Guzma is just kind of awkward about apologies and friendly small talk since he knows he ended up contributing to Lusamine's plans, whether it be the SM or USUM timeline, and feels guilty about it. but ofc he's still stubborn Guzma so he's not gonna outright admit it and beg for forgiveness, but he's working on it.

Okay, i almost have my first post ready, but i wanna know if i should read the other posts first. To know what's going on and make sure nothing in my post overlaps with someone else's post(s) and all that. Or should i make it now and worry about that later?

i don't think you need to worry too much. the plot has moved along far enough that we got past filler-type stuff and the active players were able to get some character interaction in. right now everyone is headed to the front of the library for the actual opening ceremony.

You only need to read if there’s a specific character you want to interact with otherwise *shrug*. Library is a good place to put your character. As far my characters go, Gladion is there. Colress is there lurking somewhere though I haven’t posted about it (if you want to interact with him you can just assume he’s in the crowd off to the side), and Seven is enroute with Pyros.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Beep, Beep

BIO SHEET
:
Name: Alex Lathos
Hometown: Lavender Town, Kanto
Appearance: Alex is 5 feet 7 inches tall, he has poorly kept purple hair with purple eyes, and is of an average build (not being really fit, but not terribly unfit). He if often seen wearing a plain white t-shirt, black jeans, a purple scarf and a black trench coat to top it all off. In addition he carries a brown satchel which has his pokeballs and a few other items that are not important. (Sorry if this is lack luster, I'm not too good at appearances)
Personality: He is typically shrewd and quiet, barely ever showing extreme emotions, despite this he never thinks twice before jumping in to help a person or Pokemon in need.
Backstory: At the age of 13 Alex began his adventure to become a great trainer, he explored Kanto and tried to beat the Gym Leaders, he never actually won any badges but he still feels its an important part of him. Around age 14 he got into an argument with his parents, in anger he ran away, stowed away on a ship and ended up in Kalos. He took whatever jobs he could find available to him while still training his team. Finally at age 16 he decided it was time to return home, but he decided to stop by Alola before reaching Kanto in order to do some final training and enjoy the festivities. (I am willing to revise this backstory if you feel something should be changed)
Team: Haunter, Phantump (Shiny), Sandslash, Beedrill
Other: The scarf he has is actually a reaper cloth.

POKEMON BIO SHEET:
Species: Haunter
Name:
Ability: Levitate
Movelist: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray
Summary: Haunter is caring and weirdly mother-like when it comes to the other Pokemon on the team and Alex. Haunter had long been a friend of Alex's whom he visited often, when he finally got pokeballs he asked Haunter to become his first Pokemon, she gladly accepted. (Around age 13)

Species: Beedrill
Name:
Ability: Swarm
Movelist: Poison Jab, Pin Missile, Assurance, Focus Energy
Summary: Beedrill is pretty sociable, often looking for friends wherever he can, but when in comes to battling he is extremely competitive to both friend and foe. Alex found Beedrill when he was a Weedle being harrassed by some other pokemon in Viridian Forest, Alex protected the Weedle and when the Pokemon finally left he asked Weedle if he wanted to come with him to become stronger and never have to fear others, the Weedle accepted excitedly, the Weedle would evolve into a Kakuna and then Beedrill throughout Alex's time as a trainer. (Again around age 13)

Species: Sandslash
Name:
Ability: Sand Veil
Movelist: Dig, Slash, Fury Swipes, Sandstorm
Summary: Sandslash is the meanest on the team, he is quick to be suspicious of those outside his team and his owner, often attacking those he doesn't know. Alex found Sandslash in a cave somewhere near Lavender town, a few boulders had trapped the Pokemon, Alex attempted to help Sandslash but it resisted, swiping at Alex, he spent 3 days trying to earn Sandslash's trust, once this trust was won he helped Sandslash and asked him to become part of his team, Sandslash resisted again but eventually he became part of the team. (Around age 14, before leaving)

Species: Phantump (Shiny)
Name:
Ability: Natural Cure
Movelist: Astonish, Feint Attack, Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp
Summary: Phantump is a coward, he also shows an extreme attachment to Haunter and Alex. Alex found Phantump while in Kalos, Alex had heard word of an abusive trainer with a shiny Phantump, he decided to help out by gathering as much money as he could within his current situation and buying Phantump from the trainer, the plan worked and now he is trying his best to help Phantump regain its confidence and not fear humans. (Around age 15)

Name:Emerald Kaju
Hometown:Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Appearance:Emerald has blonde hair that's styled like Barry from Sinnoh. He has fair skin and Emerald eyes. He wears a green t-shirt with a Shiny Rayquaza on it. He also wears blue jeans and green shoes.
Personality:Emerald is calm and collected. He is the smartest of his family in Hoenn, and he's usually the one to make descisons the quickest. Emerald has lived with his two twins, Ruby and Sapphire, but decided to go to the torney on his own and told his family if they got serious they could stop by.
Team:

Species:Sceptile
Name:Jade
Ability:Overgrow
Move pool: Dragon Pulse, Leaf Storm, Quick Attack, Agility
Summary:Jade is calm like Emerald, and was his starter which he received first, being the eldest(by 2 seconds), of his siblings.

Species:Wailord
Name:Rase
Ability:Swift Swim
Move pool:Heavy Slam, Aqua Tail, Amnesia, Water Spout
Summary:Rase, who Emerald caught as a Wailmer, is a lazy Pokemon, but still finds energy to fight sometimes.

Species:Ninjask
Name:Ninjaha
Ability:Speed Boost
Move pool:Aerial Ace, Slash, Swords Dance, Baton Pass
Summary:Ninjaha was Emerald's 3rd Pokemon. It was caught flying above Mosdeep, and was caught in a fierce battle with Rase.

Species:Sableye(Shiny)
Name:Luster
Ability: Prankster
Move pool: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Protect, Confuse Ray
Summary:Luster was found on a feild trip to Sky Pillar. It was on the 3rd floor eating emeralds, (supposedly) dropped by Rayquaza.

Species:Gardevoir
Name:Airlin
Ability:Trace
Move Pool: Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Flash
Summary:Airlin was found as a Kirlia, abandoned in Ever Grande city. He caught her and she's now become a Gardevoir.

Species:Minior
Name:Meteor
Ability:Unknown
Move Pool:Unknown
Summary:Emerald just caught Minior. Nothing is known about its attacks or abilities, but it seems to be mischievous.

Other:None

Hope I can join.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Is there somewhere in Malie City my character be when I make my first post on the RP? I believe the last time a similar thing came up the library was the suggested place (from reading the discussion), but I was worried this may have changed.

yeah, in front of the library is where the actual opening ceremony and speech is gonna be held. but as of right now everyone's staying in the area and doing their own thing since im trying to wait it out as long as i can for people to post, before i advance the plot. feel free to do what you want, i'm not in any sort of rush to push things.

dont worry- you didnt overstep at all. although if you were hoping for a battle with him then sorry to disappoint, i don't actually plan on guzma to be battling at all. im more focused on getting the actual tourney-goers battling (plus i dont even have a full bio up for him, even if he is a canon character)

dont worry- you didnt overstep at all. although if you were hoping for a battle with him then sorry to disappoint, i don't actually plan on guzma to be battling at all. im more focused on getting the actual tourney-goers battling (plus i dont even have a full bio up for him, even if he is a canon character)
Of course not, Gerald just wants to get outta there :p Just thought I'd give Guzma something to do.

ITT: Atty wins the popularity contest.

RiAA7IE.png

*winston overwatch voice* How embarrassing.