• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Akio saw Teiran's text completely lost,
"I have a terrible habit of getting lost..." He muttered under his breath, Akio picked up Marowak and saw if his Pokégear map was working. It said Ruins of Life, Akio flipped his Grassium Z seeing Olivia in the distance. Akio sent out Venusaur and handed him the Grassium Z walking over to Olivia.
"Are you a trial goer?" She asked looking at the Venusaur with the Grassium Z,
"Yeah but I don't have a Z-ring." He replied looking at his wrist. "Know where I can get one?" Akio asked. Olivia shook her head but said,
"I can give you the Rockium Z if you beat me! I am the Akala Island Kahuna!" Akio took a step back and said,
"I-I should be getting to my friends...maybe later?" Akio looked at his Pokégear and asked, "Where are you Teiran?"
"Don't put down a challenge like that!" Olivia chuckled, "Just one battle 2v2?"
Akio looked at his Pokémon and turned back,
"Deal!" He said, "If I can get back to my friends as soon as possible!"

Last edited:
(I would assume so)

Kemen, meanwhile, sat in silence as he waited for his turn. The use of a Z move was something that he'd only ever seen in a showcase before, though now, he understood why they were used in battle.

He got his pokemon out, Marion sitting on his lap, like always. Roxanne sashayed toward Aoki, casting a watchful gaze over the shiny pachirisu.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
(Yes!! But it would appear...that Nova and I would have to battle each other...)

Glacier and Nova heard about the tournament and signed up quickly. Glacier would use Zoroark and Garchomp while Nova would use Rockruff and Espeon. "This will be awesome!" He said, excited. Nova nodded and had Espeon on her shoulder and watched the battle that was happening.

(The reason Lopunny wasn't hurt, was because the explosion hadn't happened yet! I'm no THAT OP. Goodness.)

Lopunny was interrupted from her flower smelling, when a giant flower's petals engulfed her, and she was trapped inside. Lopunny remembered the first time she was hurt using Bloom Doom. She avoided kicking at the petals, because last time it did nothing for her. She patiently waited for the bright light. Soon, from the bottom of the flower appeared a small bright light, that soon grew, as it quickly formed a bright pillar around the Pokemon. The light had a strange surge of power, that hit Lopunny like a bunch of giant hands slapping onto her. Although she dealt quite some damage, she ended up able to fight. Half of her energy was drained, as she was ordered her next move.

"Bounce." Carter ordered, as Lopunny jumped to the skies.

It then went out full speed, aiming for Decidueye, in attempt to smack it with its legs.

(Carter isn't even a main character... why are you trolling me like this???????)

"Decidueye, take to the skies as well!" exclaimed Kyle. This would now be a somewhat aerial battle, though Kyle was worried Lopunny's speed might just take the battle back to the ground. "Intercept that Bounce with a Leaf Blade!"

(Trolling? Oh, Carter has been in three different regions, for years. He's strong. He won't stop being tough. You will win, but its'll be difficult okay?)

Lopunny pushed itself through Leafblade, and got hurt while doing so, but was still in the middle of the Bounce move. Leaves wouldn't stop this bunny.

Last edited:
(The excessive question marks should have given away that I was being facetious( I was joking basically).... Sorry if I made it sound like I was complaining.)

Decidueye was knocked backwards by the Bounce attack. It cringed but got up. Since it was a Rowlet, it always did its best to persevere in battles. This time wouldn't be any different! "Decidueye, we can do this! Leaf Blade one more time!"

(Sorry, I usually take things personal, especially over the internet, XD)

Lopunny quickly dodged Leaf Blade, with the agility learned over the years.

"Jump Kick." Carter ordered.

Lopunny then bounced into the air, not high, and dove its foot at Decidueye, hoping to hurt it with the stiff foot of hers.

The battle between Teiran's brother and Kyle astounded Jonathan. He had registered his Decidueye, Fletchinder and Charjabug for this contest and was ready to win. With the loss against Olivia, this would be a great way to get the groove back. His opponent was a boy named Liam, and Jonathan was sure that Liam was strong to be in this tournament.

Lopunny was hit, and flipped backwards, landing on its stiff legs. Lopunny was truly very low on health, but she was standing up, ready to fight, and so well balanced, that no one could tell.

"Bounce." Carter instructed.

Last time Lopunny used Bounce, Decidueye wasn't paralyzed. Hopefully, it would deal damage, and paralyze Decidueye.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Come on Kyle...you can do this.. " Glacier muttered. He had Zoroark out so that she could watch the battle movements. "Kyle...go win this..." She said, holding Espeon a little tightly.

Duke focused more on the battle itself, rather than worrying about who to cheer for. Both were strong trainers, and this had been an exciting battle to this point which was all that really mattered.

Besides, Duke might have to face one of them in this. Getting a sense of their battle style would be beneficial.

"Decidueye, this is a dangerous move!" exclaimed Kyle. "Use Leafage!" A tornado of leaves was blasted straight at the aerial Lopunny, who was actually a very strong opponent! Kyle saw Teiran cheering for her brother, but he didn't seem to mind that. If it was his brother battling against Teiran...... he couldn't think about his brother now! He had to win!

Lopunny was struck, and flipped backwards. It looked like it was about to get up. But instead, it fell to the ground, unconscious. Carter returned Lopunny, wishing it good luck upon resting.

"Good match." Carter said from across the battlefield, as he exited his corner.

Last edited:
Akio sent in Venusaur hesitant to battle, Venusaur roared pulling it's vines out for a fight, Olivia threw up a moon ball that ended up containing a midnight Lycanroc...
"Venusaur, use razor leaf!" Akio commanded pointed forward, Venusaur aimed his leaves at the Lycanroc with caution, Lycanroc pulled their arms up to receive the razor leaf but as soon as it approached Olivia roared,
"Night slash now!" Lycanroc used Night slash destroying all the leaves in front of it and zoomed to night slash Venusaur!

Venusaur weakened got back up and Akio roared,
"Venusaur...Solar Beam!" Lycanroc waited as Olivia pointed
"Stone edge the bulb on it's back!" Lycanroc jumped above the Venusaur with the stones surrounding him, Venusaur looked up as the solar beam launched super high and Lycanroc dropped unconscious Olivia returned her Lycanroc and sent out a nosepass.
Nosepass waddled over to Venusaur and Venusaur threw a poison power, however it did nothing... Venusaur wasn't very good here so Akio switched to Wartortle,
"I wonder how Teiran is..." Akio thought to himself, Akio texted again asking where she was.

(@Yellow.anime)

(Everyone picked out three though. Did I misunderstand?)

Teiran watched in amazement as the battle went on, Brionne cheered for his trainers brother. Then Lopunny fainted, but Teiran knew he'd do better next time.

Jonathan saw that Carter had lost the battle, and he ran backstage to get to his side. As he got there, a woman said, "Side A."
"Thanks," he replied, bowing in respect. He ran for the stage as he heard his name called. "Hey, guys! I'm Jonathan, and I'm from Kalos! I came to Alola, hoping to grow stronger! Here I go, with Charjabug!"
"Charjabug!" Charjabug cried, eager to battle as well.
"Dugtrio, come on out!" Liam cried, sending out Alolan Dugtrio. "Bring it," Liam added.

Teiran got a text from Akio, and pulled her Pokedex from her pocket. "I'm at a Pokemon tournament." she texted, before slipping the phone into her pocket. Upon seeing Carter lose, she felt a little bad for him, but she knew he'd do a good job on his way. Carter, being grumpy, and isolated, didn't stop by to see or talk to Teiran again. He just left, making Teiran feel a little down, but a smile was still on her face.

Duke had watched as Carter just...walked off. Carter knew Teiran was here yet he did not even exchange a single word with her? Duke had to admit, that rubbed him the wrong way.

I know he lost a big match, but that gives him no right to give his sister the cold shoulder.

Teiran decided to turn her focus, not onto her brother, but onto Jonathan versus Liam, rooting for Jonathan all the way.

"You can do this, Jonathan!" Teiran shouted, as Brionne clapped her hands together.

"Hey Teiran," said Kyle, returning to his seat in the crowd. "I'm sorry that I had to fight your brother of all people!" He sat next to her with Vulpix on his lap and watched Johnathan's match.

"Trust me, there's nothing wrong with battling my brother. He loves a good challenge every now and then." Teiran said, with a smile, as Kyle sat next to her.

Then Teiran returned her focus back to the battle.

"Dugtrio, use Sandstorm!" Liam called.
"I don't think so, Liam! Charjabug, use Dig!" Charjabug dug underground, dodging the Sandstorm. Then, Charjabug was ready to rise. "Now, go!" The attack hit Dugtrio harder than a speeding truck. "Now, use X-Scissor, full power!" Charjabug slashed at Dugtrio, doing more damage. "Keep up the pressure with another X-Scissor!"
"Alright, Dugtrio, counter that attack with Mud Bomb," Liam snapped. The bomb of mud hit Charjabug, doing some damage to it. "Wrap this up with Iron Head, full speed ahead!"
"Dodge it with Dig, Charjabug!" Charjabug dug a hole, and Dugtrio was stuck. "Make a maze in the ground, now!"
"Dugtrio, sift into the hole and follow Charjabug!"
"Charjabug, get out of there, quick!" Charjabug jumped out and kept flying up, and Dugtrio was right there, ready to attack. "Use Bug Buzz, quick!" The forest green beam knocked Dugtrio to the ground, and it was hurt. "Now, for our final attack!" he yelled. "Use X-Scissor!"
"Dugtrio, use Iron Head!" Liam called. "Full force with everything we have!" Although neither attacks were super effective, Dugtrio was knocked out. "D-Dugtrio?" Liam asked. "Return, boy. You did great," he said.
"And Jonathan moves on to the Round of 16!" the announcer called.

"That CERTAINLY was a challenge," said Kyle to Teiran, smiling. Then, as he saw that Charjabug had won, he said, "Johnathan and Charjabug beat that Dugtrio! I think your battle is next up, Teiran! You against Justin!"

"Good job, Jonathan!" Teiran shouted, as she stranded up and clapped.

Then it was Teiran's turn. So she dashed to one side of the stadium, and grabbed the Pokemon she was about to use.

"Go, Ralts M!" she shouted, as a small male Ralts appeared on the field.

All she needed to do now, was see what Justin was going to do.

(Can someone be Justin??)

(I'll be Justin.)

Jonathan sighed. Bug and Electric type moves were bad on a Ground and Steel type, yet he pulled through with Charjabug's unique typing. He walked off with Charjabug, returning it off stage. "Great job, buddy. Kyle could battle me next, so we have to be prepared," he said to the ball, knowing Charjabug would hear. He walked through the seats in the crowd and found the group. He sat by Kyle, leaving a seat between him and Kyle for Teiran. "Go, Teiran and Ralts!" he called.

Justin laughed. "A Ralts?! Hah, pathetic. Go, Steenee!" He studied the Ralts and laughed. "You think you could enter the tournament with a Pokemon that hasn't evolved yet? Well, you'll lose before you can command that weakling to lay a finger on me! Steenee, jump and use Mega Drain!"

(Question, is Brionne back with Kyle or with @Yellow.anime ?)

Jonathan scowled. "Justin seems arrogant, doesn't he, Kyle? He shouldn't make fun of Teiran like that, and I'll defeat him if Teiran loses! I swear it from the deepest part of me!"

Kemen waited in silence with his pokemon, aa Aoki began chasing her tail around. The pachirisu was starting to get a little bored, just sitting here.

Roxanne sashayed towards the charjabug, eyeing the creature curiously. Charjabug were't native to Nita, and not many trainers back in Nita had them.

Daniel meanwhile, sat in the stands, awaiting Kemen's turn.

(He's with Teiran.)

"Ralts, avoid it, and use Double Team!" Teiran shouted, as Ralts avoided the beam of light following him, and created about twenty or thirty clones of himself. One clone took the hit for the real Ralts, causing him to disappear.

"Now, use Confusion!" Teiran shouted, as all the Ralts used confusion.

Although the cloned Ralts' fusion was fake, the Pokemon could get scared, and reveal a weak spot of Steenee's.

"Alright, that attack was pretty well dodged, weakling. Steenee, dodge the attack and use Jump Kick!" Justin called. One of the fake Confusion attacks hit Steenee, and it curled up into a ball. At the center was its stomach. "I SAID USE JUMP KICK, STEENEE AND GET THE RIGHT RALTS THE FIRST TIME! NOW YOU HAD BETTER GO, GO GO!" Steenee landed and jumped in the air. Its leg glowed with power, and it lunged for the tiny Ralts. "See how you do that, Tay-rin."

Jonathan roared. "Justin's a monster, being so mean to Teiran... what's he thinking?! I better give him a piece of my mind after the tournament's over, make him apologize for being a bully because Teiran's Ralts isn't a Kirlia," he said. Justin could bully me if I face him after the tournament. There's no guarantee he'll win, but he won't be able to talk if Teiran wins. She just has to. "C'mon, Teiran! Stand up to Justin and don't stop bringing on the power of your Ralts!"

Justin laughed at that statement as Steenee got closer to what he thought was the real Ralts. His eyes didn't move fast enough, and for all he knew that Ralts was just a hologram. "Bring it on, Steenee! Full power! Right to the top, because we're never giving up!"

(Does anyone get my Beyblade: Metal Fusion reference? XD Part of the song goes "Bring on the power! Right to the top, yeah! We're never giving up! ROFL XP)

Duke watched with a smile on his face, these battles were really intense and the trainers had been giving it their all. This was the true spirit of Pokemon, Duke believed as he watched intently.

Teiran knew Jump Kick couldn't turn, or twist, or follow, so all Ralts had to do was take two steps to the right, for Steenee to fall into the ground. Teiran would order a move when she had the chance.

"Hmm? Not moving, huh? You wimpy girl. I'll show you my power for sure. Go!" Steenee got even closer to hitting Ralts.

"I know what Teiran's doing!" Jonathan thought. "This'll work for sure! She'll have Ralts slightly move and Justin's Steenee will hit the ground and hurt itself!" "GO TEIRAN!" he yelled.

"I really hope Teiran wins," said Kyle, "because I really want to battle her! Last time we battled was a draw, but this time..... we're gonna win it! I feel it!"

Last edited: