• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"Huh?" Justin asked. Ralts had moved far from the line of fire, and Steenee couldn't avoid it. "Oh, great. Let's hope this next move works," Justin said as his Pokemon crashed to the ground. "Steenee, use Energy Ball, go!" Steenee fired multiple green balls of plant life at the weak Pokemon. "How do you like this, wimp?"

"Alright, Teiran!" Jonathan cheered. "I knew Ralts would pull the move off and prevent Steenee from sticking that landing!" But Justin is having Steenee aim Energy Ball. What could he be up to?

Teiran knew how to get rid of energy ball. It was just like a Performance.

"Ralts, hop on those energy balls, and bounce off them, until you get to Steenee!" Teiran commanded.

Ralts then jumped on all the energy balls that Steenee fired, and once he jumped off of them, they exploded behind him, and as he jumped off the last one, it started to glow a bright blue, as it went in for the attack. The Ralts aimed to punch Steenee out of the air, and a split second before the punch, the light disappeared, and a Kirlia had appeared.

"What the what? Ralts had evolved?!?!" From the shock, Steenee was hit and sent to the ground. "Use Stomp!" he called. Steenee moved to Kirlia and prepared to stamp its feet on it. "Go!"

"Steenee, cancel your Stomp attack and dodge that Magical Leaf right now!" Justin cried. Steenee did so and looked back at its Trainer sadly. Justin has never been this mad before, it thought. What got into him? "Now, charge up an Energy Ball and send it faster with Low Sweep!" Steenee did so, and kicked it intensely as it was sent toward the newly evolved Kirlia at an incredible speed.

"Teiran's keeping the heat up against Justin, alright. If she can equal with Justin and find a weak spot... she'll be golden!" Jonathan said to himself. "Go, Decidueye!" he added. As Decidueye came out, Jonathan told it to watch the battle. "If we can figure out how Teiran battles, we can beat her easily! Look out for her attack patterns and style, okay buddy?" Decidueye nodded and focused on Kirlia Male and Steenee.

As Kirlia M was now a whole lot faster, he knew he could turn this around easily.

"Counter, with Magical Leaf!" Teiran shouted, as Kirlia M sent leaves at the energy ball, causing it to explode before it came to Kirlia M.

The leaves scattered around the arena, as the Energy ball exploded.

"Try to confuse it with Confusion!" Teiran shouted, as Kirlia M shot invisible sound waves to Steenee.

The rays were meant to enter Steenee's mind, and mess her up.

The effect of Confusion worked on Steenee, and she tripped on the ground. The leaves hit her and she was severely damaged as well as being confused. Justin roared.

"It's what you get for being overconfident!" Jonathan yelled.
"Shut it, dweeb!" Justin commanded. "Steenee, use Energy Ball and make it strong!" Steenee did as told, but fired it up. The ball hit her face, knocking it out. "S-Steenee? We lost to a Trainer... weaker than us? How could this be?"
"It's what you get for being a bully, Justin!" Jonathan said. "Teiran always pulls through, no matter what!"
"Again, shut it," Justin replied.

"I won, because I respect my Pokemon, no matter what happens." Teiran said, as she ran up and hugged Kirlia M, who was happy they won. Teiran then returned Kirlia M to his Pokeball, with a long congratulations, and a thanks.

Justin walked backstage, sad that he lost. That was the last any of Jonathan and his friends saw of him. "Yeah, yeah, respect your Pokemon. Well, guess what? Idiots like you believe in that crap," he mumbled as he left the tournament.

Jonathan walked to Teiran and high-fived her. "That was an epic battle! I think I've figured out how you battle! We'll beat you if we battle, no doubt!"

"Thanks!" teiran said, high-fiving Jonathan.

"And I wouldn't be so sure about that. I still have the chance to watch you battle, y'know." Teiran said, a competitive smirk on her face as she looked him in the eyes.

"Heh, you're on, Teiran!" Jonathan said, giving her a smirk as well. "Me and my Pokemon are unbeatable, so don't think I'll let you win, no matter how hard you try!" Decidueye looked at Teiran and smiled as well. "Deh-SIJ-you-eye," it said. "Sij-you-deh, sij-yo-EYE EYE."
"You consider Teiran a rival as well, huh, big guy?" Jonathan asked, pulling out a red, blue and green Poke Bean and sending out Fletchinder and Charjabug. "Here, you guys get Poke Beans for helping me in the tournament." The Pokemon ate them, and they enjoyed it.
"Charj-AH," Charjabug said, delighted.
"Fletch-in-DAAH," Fletchinder exclaimed, full of glee.
"SIJ," Decidueye said, happier than normal.
Then, Toxapex and Crabrawler came out and begged for Poke Beans as well. "Fine, you can have some," he said sarcastically, handing them each a yellow Poke Bean. "Eat up, guys. You need it." He looked back at Teiran and said, "I bet you that your Pokemon have a similar affection towards you, since you're an awesome Trainer."

"Twas a very impressive battle," Kemen commented, getting ready for his turn on stage, "I wonder how far your strategies will take you in this tournament..."

And he decided to take Roxanne with him, as he noticed that he was up against a sylveon.

Jonathan saw that Kemen brought his Salazle against his opponent, Niall's, Sylveon. He was worried at how the battle would go, since Kemen was more of a Performer than a battler. Kemen still had a chance, however. That is, if Salazzle had any useful Poison-Type moves, like Toxic, Venoshock and Sludge Bomb. A good moment later, the battle had started, due to the announcer's call.

Teiran blushed at the compliments both brought.

"Thanks." she said, as she put a hand on her chest, and the other behind her back.

Teiran then sat down with Brionne, as they began to watch Kemen and his battle.

Jonathan sat down by Teiran and petted Brionne softly. Brionne blew a bubble, and it popped in Jonathan's face, making him wet. Brionne giggled and moved to Jonathan's lap. "Hmm... so Brionne must like me a bit, huh? I've met Popplio before, and they're very adorable. Brionne is as well, and I think that my Pokemon will like your Pokemon, Teiran," he said, before Brionne playfully popped a bubble on Jonathan, and sneaked back to Teiran.

Daniel amiled when he saw Kemen come out, cheering quietly for him. The rest of the crowd gasped, upon noticing that the Nita King himself had dared to enter this tournament.

His opponent wasn't so swayed by Kemen's title, however.

"Sylveon, use fairy wind!"

"Roxanne, use toxic!" Kemen countered quickly, striking a pose as he did so. Roxanne, more used to performing than battling, made a fountain of purple venom swirl up and around herself, showing off her brilliant skin, before launching it at the eeveelution.

"Well, that goes to show Kemen's fame and skills in Performances," Jonathan said, smiling. "With a move and display like that, Kemen can stop attacks and launch his own when the opponent is most vulnerable. He'll be tough if I have to face him in battle sometime in the tournament brackets. But we can do it, can't we, Deciduye?" he asked the Grass and Ghost Type, who was cleaning his mask.
"Deh-SIJ-SIJ-you-EYE!" He cried, posing triumphantly.
"I knew you'd think that," Jonathan said as he put his arm around the Pokemon's back. Decidueye put his head in top of the boy, and they stayed like that for a bit. "You know, we make a great team. Let's keep pounding at 'em and showing them our strength," he said, handing Decidueye a shard of Grassium Z and showing him the crystal in his white bracelet. Decidueye accepted it and put it in his ring. "Here goes our ultimate bond, buddy. We're gonna have to step up to beat Teiran, Kemen and Kyle in battle, okay?" Decidueye nodded, and the two walked back to their seats.

The sylveon appeared visibly uncomfortable, as it was hit by the goo, and vomited on the other side of the stadium. It had clearly been poisoned, so it wasn't going to stay up for much longer, much to its trainer's chagrin.

"Now, Roxanne, use sweet scent!" Kemen ordered.

The beautiful pink mist which wafted through the arena seemed to put the sylveon strangely at ease, before it received the order to use bit. Roxanne staggered backward in the mist, before the sylveon vomited again, shaking, as the poison took over.

"Actually, that's a good idea. Come on out everyone." Teiran said, taking in the fact Jonathan said both their Pokemon would get along, and she took out all her Pokeballs.

She released all her Pokemon, Kirlia M, Alolan Raichu, Ralts F, Steenee, and Machoke, with the exception of Brionne, who was already out of her Pokeball.

"Well, it's time to meet everyone, I guess," Jonathan said, releasing Charjabug, Fletchinder, Toxapex and Crabrawler. "Everyone, these are Teiran's Pokemon, and I want you to get to know them because we will be traveling with them for a long time, okay?" All of his Pokemon nodded and greeted each of Teiran's friends. It was wonderful that everybody got along so well. "Wow, that was easy. Nobody dislikes anyone else, and we're all polite. Now, everyone, return!" Jonathan called, returning everyone except for Decidueye and Crabrawler. "I want you two to observe. Me and Decidueye have a battle soon, but Crabrawler, use this as experience, okay?" he said, offering his fist. Crabrawler punched it and sat on the boy's shoulder.

"I'll keep all my Pokemon out so they can get battle ideas." Teiran said, as all her Pokemon nodded in agreement to her idea.

Then Teiran and her Pokemon directed their attention back to Kemen's battle.

"If Toxic is in effect, Poison Jab is even more powerful now," Jonathan said worriedly.
"Crab," Crabrawler added, sitting on the arm of the boy's chair now. "Brawler-Cra-BRAW-ler."
"I wonder what Kemen's doing," he said. "If he's got Niall with an advantage, that means nothing. If I have to battle him sometime, he's mine," Jonathan growled. "I'm not gonna lose this tournament, not after my loss against the kahuna. I will do... whatever I can... to win. And that's a promise," Jonathan said, crying softly while holding Fletchinder's Poke Ball.
"Deh-SIJ?" Decidueye inquired.
"I'm okay, buddy. I was just hoping that I wouldn't lose. I was on a roll until now. I wonder... where did I slip up?" he asked himself.
"Crab-Crabrawler-crab," Crabrawler suggested. "Brawler-Crabrawler-crab."
"Right," Jonathan said, looking at Crabrawler hopefully. "I can win this tournament because I had a solid chance at harder battles! I'm not gonna lose today!"
"

"Now, Roxanne, finish with a last poison jab!"

Roxanne struck the creature down with a swift blow, before pouncing high into the air, and landing on Kemen's shoulders, as he bowed, before leaving the stage.

Duke grinned as he took the stage. Duke would wave to the cheering crowd, specifically in the area Teiran and the others would be watching from.

All of them were phenomenal. I can't afford to be the only one to falter in the opening round!

Duke's opponent, Henry, wasn't as caught up in the excitement. Now he was focused on victory, though he did accept Duke's handshake when he went over to give it to him. Duke went back to his area as Henry made his first selection, a Machoke, which Duke answered by calling out his Fomantis. Both Duke and Fomantis did their initial "battle pose" to get the adrenaline going. The crowed seemed to like it, the kids especially. Henry and Machoke seemed less than impressed.

"We've got this. We just have to give it everything we've got. Ready?" Duke asked Fomantis, who turned and gave a nod.

"Alright, use Brick Break!" Henry called out as Machoke charged and looked to deliver a powerful strike. Duke had an answer for thsi.

"Jump and use Razor Leaf!" Duke called out as Fomantis would jump high in the air, right over Machoke, and pelted the charging Pokemon with dozens of leaves.

"Wow, calling Fomantis in against Machoke," Jonathan said. "I don't know what Duke is on to, but he surely isn't hopeful that the same things will happen like in Teiran and Justin's battle. Machoke, being a Fighting Type with strong attack power, could blow away Duke in this battle and this battle only. How's Duke going to plan against that and keep using great counter moves, such as Razor Leaf, to stop Machoke from hurting it?" He looked at his two Pokemon that were out. "You two need to watch this battle closely. Duke has a plan, and it won't go unnoticed by us, okay?" His Pokemon nodded and looked at the battle in front of them.

Machoke endured the Razor Leaf and waited for Fomantis to land on the ground.

"Use Close Combat!" Henry called out as Machoke would charge with the intent to pummel the smaller grass type with dozens of powerful blows. Duke smirked at this.

"Alright, time to show everyone your new moves!" Duke called out as Fomantis gave a nod and used a dance twirl to avoid the first punch. This happened again...and again...and again. No matter how many strikes Machoke would try to pummel Fomantis with, Fomantis used a series of dance moves to dodge each and every one of them. Rather gracefully to be sure, though Henry wasn't in aww of the moves.

"What is this!?" Henry called out, stunned his Machoke could not seem to land a single blow against's Fomantis dance-style evasion.

Daymon was on his Skarmory flying about. He saw a bunch if trainers battling, so he had Skarmory perch in a tree. He got off Skarmory and sat down on the same branch it was perched on and watched the battle. They may have made some noise to draw attention as Skarmory was very loud with the landing.

Daniel, meanwhile was sat watching, cheering for his friends, and his boyfriend as they battled. Lopunny eyed him warily, as she always did.

He felt a small twinge in his lower legs, but he ignored it, as Lopunny saw to him.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"I wonder who I'll be battling next..." Glacier muttered to Zoroark, who shrugged. Nova and Espeon looked at Glacier. "Since we're late entries, I guess we battle each other." Nova responded. Espeon nudged Nova, causing her to giggle a little. Glacier looked at Nova and grinned. "If we do...then I'm winning here." He said, getting fired up. Nova responded with a laugh, "We'll see." She said. They continued to watch the battle that was currently taking place.

Daymon's Skarmory made a loud, metallic shriek, which made Daymon say; "Shhh, Skarmory. Your gonna blow our cover." He said in an angry voice. He hoped he hadn't drawn attention to himself.

Duke grinned as Machoke began to pant just a little as it continued to miss blows from Close Combat. This gave Duke opportunity.

"Fomantis keep it up and use Leaf Blade!" Duke called out as Fomantis' appendages began to glow as it would pelt Machoke would counter shots while keeping up its dance-style evasion. Henry saw what was happening and acted quickly.

"Machoke back off!" Henry called as his Machoke would halts its attack and jump back, panting a bit from both the amount of time spent trying to hit Fomantis and the damage it received from multiple leaf blades. Henry would try to think of a new strategy with Machoke while Duke had Fomantis remain on guard.

"Keep at 'em, Duke!" Jonathan called. He smiled at Duke and kept watching Fomantis and their battle style. "If Fomantis pulls this off, Duke will be a formidable opponent," Jonathan thought. "But I won't lose at all, right, Crabrawler?"
"Crab-Crabrawler-Crab!" It exclaimed.

"Alright Machoke, charge and use Karate Chop!" Henry called out as Machoke would charge forward trying to apparently slam z single blow with the added force of running speed. Duke would grin.

"Evade once more." Duke called out as Fomantis would do an elegant dodge to the right to avoid the chop...which Henry counted on.

"Low Sweep!" Henry called out as in a flash Machoke used its leg to sweep Fomantis from under her feet and knocked the grass Pokemon on her back. Duke's eyebrows were raised as he fell for Henry's feint.

"Karate Chop!" Henry called out as Machoke stood over the downed Fomantis and looked to slam a chop on it, Duke acted quickly in response.

"Use Leaf Blade to block!" Duke called out as Fomantis folded its glowing appendages to block the karate chop to lessen the damage. However, Machoke had the advantage, so Duke had to think of something quick.

Skarmory left the branch, and he flew up to Jonathan. "Noooo..." Said Daymon. Skarmory tapped Jonathan on the head with his beak. It cawed, and flew back to the branch. Daymon Faceslapped. "Well, there goes me watching these people battle." He said.

"What the heck was that?" Jonathan asked as he was tapped by a metal wing. He looked around and saw a boy and his Skarmory in a tree. He got mad, and wanted to give them a piece of his mind. He climbed the tree and said, "What was that for, you idiot? I was watching a good battle, and then I'm getting picked on by your Skarmory! You should be ashamed, you two!" He got down the tree and got back to the battlefield, lucky he had not missed a single thing. "Geez, those two are trouble if I've ever seen it," he said to himself.

Daymon jumped down from the tree, and Skarmory followed. He walked up to Jonathan and apologized. "I'm so sorry for my Skarmory's actions. He sometimes doesn't listen to me when it has its mind set to something." Daymon said, his voice very remorse. Skarmory bowed, trying to apologize. "I'm Daymon by the way." Daymon said.