• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Kemen pushed Daniel to the pokemon centre, seeing Jonathan there as he got some water for his partner.

"Glad that's finally over!" Daniel breathed, "Now, what say we go on and check out the showcase, or the contest in this city?"

Jonathan heard Daniel's remark and said, "I don't think there are any of that sort here in Konikoni," the boy said glumly, due to his unable to nab victories for a short period. "If there are, I hope you do great, Daniel!" he said, giving him a thumbs-up.

"Yeah, after my last failure, I gotta win one!" he agreed.

Kemen leant over, massaging his shoulders. "Of course, I'll be cheering for you the whole time, my bride!"

Daniel blushed, as always, but relaxed into Kemen's touch. "A-anyway, let's head off!"

Duke would regroup with the others, he had a fierce battle with Rockruff in the second round by unfortunately came up short. Rockruff had not taken the loss well, a downcast expression on its face as it walked with Duke. If Duke had to guess, Rockruff felt that it let the team down.

"Don't beat yourself up buddy. We both did the best we could, you ought to be proud." Duke said as he crouched down to pat Rockruff on the head. Rockruff really didn't feel much better, but it offered a small smile to Duke so he wouldn't worry. Duke would stand and walk up to the others with Rockruff by his side.

Teiran smiled and sort of dragged him to the Pokemon Center, where she found Daniel, Kemen, and Jonathan, who looked more glum than ever. She handed her Pokeballs to Nurse Joy, who happily took them, and walked away to heal them. Teiran looked at Jonathan, and decided it was a good idea to try and cheer him up. She walked over to him and sat next to him.

"You okay?" she asked Jonathan, as she tried to look him in the eye.

Akio also walked up to Kemen and Daniel,
"How's it been guys?" Akio asked them "Why so glum?" Akio asked as his smile faded he turned to Jonathan and Teiran then turned back.

Last edited:
(Yo, is this dead?)

"He lost at the tournament," Daniel explained, "But let's not dwell on it. When you lose, you have to think about why you lost, and make sure you don't do it again, so you don't lose next time. It's fine to feel sad, but moping never helped anyone."

Jonathan sighed. "Yeah," he said glumly. Then, an idea formed in his head and his mood changed. "I know what to do! I can go train my Pokemon and then I'll beat Olivia for sure!" Jonathan ran out of the Pokemon Center and toward a battlefield in Konikoni, and to his luck he saw a few Trainers there. "It's game time," he said confidently.

"Well, his spirits were lifted rather quickly." Duke said with an amused chuckle as Jonathan sped off with a goal of training for Olivia. Rockruff still seemed down on itself as Duke let out a sigh.

"Defeat is a part of learning. You can't expect to win every battle, but we have to use this experience as a lesson so we can improve ourselves." Duke said, crouching down to pet Rockruff on the head, who smiled at Duke's words.

"Exactly, Daniel said triumphantly, before he felt the twinge from before come back. He rubbed his leg, hoping to ease it somehow, before he doubled over.

"Are you ok?" Kemen asked, bending down to his level.

Daniel gritted his teeth. "F-fine," he insisted, "I think I need some rest, though. My legs are hurting more than usual..."

"Alright. I'll book you into a hotel, so you can rest," Kemen replied.

"I say that's a good idea." Duke said in agreement with Kemen's suggestion. Though something about Daniel troubled him.

I admire his dedication, but he has to understand that constantly pushing your body when it isn't in peak form like this can't be good for you. I only wish there was something I could do to help.

(@Yellow.anime )

Kemen nodded, taking Daniel's wheelchair, and pushing him to a nice hotel at the edge of town. He booked a king-size suite, on the ground floor for him, helping him get settled.

"Take some of your medication, and try to get some sleep," Kemen ordered gently, wrapping a thick, fluffy blanket around his shoulders, "And you know where I am, if you need anything, ok, love?"

"Ok," Daniel replied, settling, as Lopunny fluffed his pillow.

Last edited:
(It's not that I didn't get a notification, I was just on a road trip.)

Teiran had blacked out for a minute, before she realized it was just her and Akio left in the Pokemon Center, along with Brionne and Marowak.

"So, we are alone, I guess..." Teiran said, as a red streak started to spread across her face.

Duke waited outside Daniel's room, taking the time to book himself and his friends rooms should they want to sleep here. Duke wanted to make sure Daniel was okay before doing anything else. So he would wait for Kemen to give him a status update then he'd do some training outside.

I wonder how Teiran and Akio are? Kinda just ditched them, but hey they could use some alone time anyway.

(LOL just checking!)

"Want me to stay with you?" Kemen offered, as soon as Daniel had been made comfortable, "Or would you prefer that I gave you some time alone?"

Daniel buried his face under the covers. "Could I have some time alone, babe? I wanna rest as much as possible..."

Kemen planted a soft kiss on his forehead. "Ok, cielo. I'll get room service to bring you up some cream stew when I get back."

And he left the room, finding Duke outside, as Daniel began to settle.

"He's doing fine," he reported, "He's just tired, and in pain. He'll be fine once he's had some rest."

"Good to know." Duke said with a smile, happy to hear Daniel was okay as he began to walk down the hall.

"I'll be training outside. If you or Daniel need me for anything, let me know." Duke said before he made his way outside the hotel and released his Rockruff and Fomantis. Fomantis was happy as usual, and while better than before Rockruff still had the frown on its face.

"Both of you were great, I couldn't ask anything more of you. You both just lack a little experience, once you gain that you will be fearsome to any opponent." Duke said as both Rockruff and Fomantis nodded at this before Duke would have a spar between the two.

Fomantis was naturally giving it her all, but Rockruff seemed...almost reluctant to strike Fomantis. Duke was confused, as was Fomantis, till he remembered an important detail.

Oh right, has a crush on Fomantis. This could make things awkward...

He saw one Trainer and grabbed Crabrawler's Poke Ball. "Battle me," Jonathan said with a smug look on his face.
"You bet," the girl said, taking out a Premiere Ball.
Both took their sides on the battlefield. "Crabrawler, go!" Jonathan called.
"Go, Incineroar!" the girl cried. The other Trainers looked on at the match. "I'll go first! Use Darkest Lariat!" she cried.
Right as the attack was about to come, Jonathan cried, "Dizzy Punch! Go!" Then, Crabrawler hit Incineroar in the stomach, sending it backward, but it was hit with the Dark Type attack. "Crabrawler, use Reversal!" Crabrawler jumped and launched a powerful uppercut at Incineroar, sending it back even further.
"Use Flamethrower!" the girl cried. The attack launched for Crabrawler, but Jonathan had a plan.
"Use Bubble Beam!" with this attack, the two forces were redirected to the ground and exploded in a pillar of smoke. "Now, power it up with Power-Up Punch!"
"Not so fast! Incineroar, use Fire Fang!" The Fire Type overpowered the small Fighting Type's attack, and Crabrawler plummeted backwards. "Now, finish it off with Darkest Lariat!" The attack sent Crabrawler into the air, not too high, and it came plummeting to the ground.
It looked like it couldn't get up. But then, Jonathan felt more in sync with Crabrawler. "Huh?" he asked. He smiled confidently, because he knew he could make a comeback. "Crabrawler, finish 'em off with Reversal!" Crabrawler, struggling to get up, fired an even more powerful uppercut at the Incineroar, knocking both of them out.
"Incineroar, return," the girl said softly. "Now, it's time for... Vulpix!" she cried, sending out a white, icy-looking, baby fox Pokémon.
"Alright, go, Fletchinder!" Jonathan called, sending out the Fire-Flying Type.

"Alright," Kemen answered, deciding to head back to the Pokemon Centre, as he had some business to take care of. He'd been expecting a call from Señorita Rosa, his boss, and the host of Nita's showcases.

He headed to a videophone, having noticed Teiran with Brionne and Akio's Marowak. He'd talk to her later.

Señorita Rosa momentarily appeared on screen, with her shiny klefki.

"Evening, Señorita Rosa. You called regarding the Nita Masterclass?" Kemen began.

"Yes, the one for which you will be needed, as our Nita King," she began, "You know how we needed you back here, in Fantasma Village, in one week?"

"Yes?"

"Well, there's been a slight change. You see, Muermonio got out recently, and trashed the showcase hall, so, I'm afraid we have to postpone it."

Kemen gasped. "M-my... So, do you know when we'll be able to schedule it again?"

"Not for at least six months," she answered, "We'll let you know of an exact date closer to the time."

"Got it. Thank you," Kemen responded, as she hung up.

Daymon crashlanded right near Terian and Akio. "H-hello." He said, getting up from his fainted, buried in the ground Skarmory and returned it. "So Akio. I've never been introduced to your girlfriend." Said Daymon, whose voice was mocking in the last word. He smirked and ate some trail mix.

Kemen got up quietly, tucking the chair back into the table, before going to meet Daymon and Teiran.

"Sorry about ignoring you like that," he began, "But I had to take a call from Señorita Rosa, the host of my home region's showcases. How's things?"

-------------

Lopunny, meanwhile, was observing Daniel as he slept. His pains seemed to have subsided a little, or at least, enough that he could rest.

Akio blushed at how he emphasized it.
"T-this is Teiran...the best ever...." Akio said grinning at Damion. Marowak grabbed a bag of tortilla chips and handed them to Akio to take his mind of the embarrasment. "Thanks bud!" Akio said as he began eating some. It took his mind of most things to eat his favorite food.

Daymon smiled. "Ah, whatever." He said, winking at Akio. Then, he turned to Kemen. "Sup. I don't think I've met you yet." He said, pulling out his pokedex. "Marowak. The Bone Keeper Pokemon. A ground type. After overcoming its greif and evolving, Marowak has become extremely tough. Its spirit, tempered by adversity, can withstand almost anything." The Pokedex said. "Nice." Said Daymon, turning to Akio.

"Kemen Iniguez Bolibar, the Nita King," he responded, "I was the one who dethroned Victor Carriendo Fernandez, the longest reigning showcase king in our region. I'm also remarkably humble, just so you know," and he bowed.

(It's an Alolan Marowak @Cryronn the Mudkip )

Akio looked over the pokedex unimpressed.
"It's an Alolan form. Where did you get that Pokédex?" Akio asked assuming it was from Hoenn. Akio continued eating his tortilla chips as Marowak pointed to his purple scales and fire on his bone.

"From Hoenn. And yeah, that Marowak looks different than the one shown on my Dex and... I'm sorry, I can't keep track of all that, so can you give me a simpler name to call you?" Said Daymon. "That looks like a Fire and...Ghost or Dark type, I'd say." Said Daymon.

(I guess wether I didn't get notifications or whatever, I didn't really need to respond. But for everyone's worried sake, I sure will T_T)

Teiran couldn't do much at this point, other than give a blushing smile at Daymon, no matter his comment. And she blushed even more when Akio said she was the best. Her smile turned into an embarrassed one, and she tried to hide her face with her hands, as she lifted her feet up to her chair to cover her lower face.

Teiran then spoke up.

"I-It's not really dating...we just like each other in that way. W-We have actually never d-dated before..." Teiran said, stuttering a lot.

When she heard dating from Daymon's mouth, her face had went completely red, like a tomato berry, and she thought about it. Her mom would always try to stop Teiran from daydreaming about love, and dating, and how kissing must of felt, but when Teiran was little, it was just something she had liked. It scared her mother. But when the word dating had come across, Teiran's mind had waltzed off to her childhood, wanting to date Akio. Like for real dating. But they were eleven, and there wasn't much to do while dating.

Duke watched the...less than stellar sparing between Rockruff and Fomantis. Fomantis was concerned with Rockruff's refusal to give its all in it and Rockruff...didn't seem to want to actually hit Fomantis.

I could easily make Rockruff and Fomantis spar with others, but I want them to be comfortable with each other. As the newest members, they'd be perfect partners if they got past this. I need aid, maybe Teiran and the others can help.

Duke would then return his Pokemon and make his way back to where he had...for lack of a better word ditched Teiran in the hopes she, Akio or someone else could aid him.

Daymon smiled. "Well, I gotta go train. Anyone want to spar with me?" He asked, pulling out his Poke'Ball. "I've been itching to use Skarmory. I haven't used him in battle yet, and I've just been flying on him." He said.

"I'm put to it!" Teiran said, the blush faded completely as she stood up. "I haven't battled in a while anyways."

Teiran was probably going to use Brionne, her main partner.

"How many Pokemon per person?" Teiran asked determinedly, as she raised a brow.

Jonathan, done with training, eagerly ran back to the Pokémon Center to find that another battle was about to happen. He smirked, trying to remain unnoticed, and decided to spectate Daymon and Teiran's spar. He knew he was going to love watching Daymon battle, and since the tournament, he was excited for Teiran as well. Meanwhile, he had Crabrawler rest with Nurse Joy to recover from battling its fierce and powerful opponent.

Duke arrived just in time to see Teiran about to have a battle with someone. Duke grinned as he made sure to get out of the way but move to a place he could watch. This was gonna be good, Duke felt as he put his own concerns on hold for this spar.

"3 per person." Said Daymon. He went over to the edge of the forested area. "We will battle, here, if that's okay!" He said. "Okay, come on out, Skarmory!" He yelled, sending out the metal bird. "Skarrr!" It screeched.

"Brionne, let's show 'em how its done!" Teiran shouted, as Brionne took the field.

Brionne took a strong stance on the battlefield. The good thing about Brionne, was that she was very good at dodging attacks, and was good at long distant attacks.

"Heh. Use Fly." He said. Skarmory shot up into the sky as its wings glistened like silver against the sun. It flew up into the clouds. "Let's see you hit that!" Said Daymon. Skarmory screeched from above the clouds.

Akio just stood there that whole time eating tortilla chips as everything was happening. He turned to the battlefield and grinned sitting down on the ground watching the battle.
"A Skarmory!" Akio said as his memories returned, Skarmory where well known Johto Pokémon and Akio once got to ride one when he was really young. "Skarmory versus Brionne...this is gonna get good!" Akio told Marowak sending out Charmeleon to admire the battle.
"Charm! Charmeleon!" Charmeleon spoke pointing to Skarmory.