• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Daymon took the offer, and smiled. He returned Skarmory, and sent out a Lairon and a Marshtomp. "These are my other Pokemon that I obtained in Hoenn." Said Daymon. Marstomp danced around while Lairon dug a hole until he reached rock, and he started eating it.

Teiran turned to see Jonathan, who was pecked by a Skarmory. Then she saw a boy, who according to hat he told Jonathan, was Daymon. But Teiran payed them no mind, for she wasn't addressed, and she turned her attention back on Duke's battle.

"Karate Chop again!" Henry called out, knowing Duke's guard wasn't gonna last forever. Duke knew it as well, so he had to come up with something fast.

Thankfully, Duke had just the idea when Machoke raised its arm.

"Razor Leaf!" Duke called out as Fomantis blasted Machoke in the face with dozens of leaves which stunned the fighting Pokemon making it move back. This gave Fomantis a chance to get back on its feet. Henry groaned, deciding that he needed to resort to desperate measures.

"Use Bulk Up! We're gonna finish this in one strike!" Henry called out as Machoke began to flex in an effort to raise its attack power. Duke grinned, seeing a chance for his own finale.

"Charge up a Solar Beam!" Duke called out as Fomantis began to nod, gathering the sunlight around it to store as energy. One way or another, this next exchange was likely to be the last.

"Come on, Fomantis! You can do it!" Jonathan called. "I know you'll beat Henry with this one shot!" He looked about and returned Crabrawler and Decidueye, fearful of people wanting to pet them or play with them. "Sorry, you two," he said. "I just didn't want you two to be stressed if little kids showed up," he said.

"Alright now use Focus Blast!"

"Fomantis use Solar Beam!"

Both Machoke and Fomantis finished their preparations as they fired their respective beam attacks at the other, both clashing at the center of the ring. An intense beam struggle would persist for a few moments, with both Fomantis and Machoke giving it their all. However, Fomantis' Solar Beam began to edge out the Focus Blast, and soon enough blasted through it delivering a direct strike to Machoke which created a large explosion.

Once the dust settled, Machoke was down and out, only a simply visual check from the referee was needed before a call was made.

"Machoke is unable to battle! The winner of this match is Fomantis & Duke!" The referee declared, as the crowed cheered from the exciting match before Duck ran up to give Fomantis a big hug.

"You were awesome Fomantis!" Duke said in support, Fomantis happy it was able to win as Henry recalled Machoke, telling his own Pokemon it did well before Duke went up to give Henry a handshake; which he returned.

Jonathan fist pumped. "Yes!" he said, clapping in a standing ovation for Duke's victory. "Awesome, Duke! I knew you'd win the match!" He looked at the brackets. He, Teiran, Kyle, Kemen and Duke had made it, and Glacier and Nova had their battle. "No matter what, I'm battling a friend next round," he said. "This could be a rough road," he thought.

OOC: Let's discuss the next round in the convo or the discussion thread. Which one?

Ra took out her camera and snap pictures of the battle, her Rockruff, Thanatos, was laying on her lap watching the fight. She sighed and patted the puppy "Thanatos, you will get stronger even without... this." She gestured to the fight before snapping more pictures.

"It seems as if Glacier and Nova are the only people who have yet to battle in the first round, which means..." Jonathan said. "They're battling each other this round! That must suck for them, but I know they'll battle well." Jonathan sat and listened for the announcer.
"And now, two siblings from Johto, going head-to-head in what's sure to be a great battle, Glacier and... Nova!" the announcer called.

Daymon waited for the battle to start, but Lairon got bored. Lairon loved to Headbutt, but his trainer wouldn't let him unless he was in battle. Wait... Daymon wasn't looking at him! So Lairon searched for a target and saw Teiran. He sarted to charge at her. Daymon looked at Lairon. "Gosh darn it."

Akio was in the heat of battle as he got a text...
"A tournament? Really, wonder how she's doing..." Akio told himself, he texted back,
"I'll be there soon..." (@Yellow.anime ) Akio reached into his pocket grabbing two Pokéballs, first he returned Venusaur, then he sent out Wartortle to fight nosepass.
"Wartortle use hydro pump!" Akio commanded, Wartortle was ready to launch the blast...it sent nosepass flying...the nosepass was already weak and gave up that quickly,
"We could see you were in a rush and went a bit easy...here you deserve the Rockium Z." Olivia said handing him the crystal. Akio took it happily and grinned. He ran a far distance all the way to the competition to sit down as he saw a Lairon charging and gave it a sceptical and saw it's trainer behind it.

(It seems as if Glacier is the only one left to battle, but he's very inactive. I guess Round 2 will start! I'll go first)

The announcer looked and waited for Glacier and Nova, but neither showed up. "Well, both contestants have failed to show up, so now, it's on to Round 2!" the announcer cried, cuing millions of cheers. "Our first battle is between... Jonathan of Kalos, and Kemen, the Nita Perofrmance King!" this cued many cheers as well. Jonathan walked to the stage and prepared Decidueye's Poke Ball.
"Let's go, buddy!" he called, sending out the Grass and Ghost Type, who was holding the Grassium Z. "You ready, Decidueye?" he asked.
"Sij-yeeew-EYE!" it cried.

Kemen chose Freeze, his Alolan ninetales, for the battle, striking a suitably regal pose as he took up his side of the battlefield.

"Freeze, let's go!" he ordered, sending out the beautiful white fox.

Oh, man. Jonathan thought. I was planning for usage of Decidueye but now, I have to go with Fletchinder. I know that if I can get past this battle, that we'll unleash our ultimate power. "Fletchinder, I choose you!" the boy called. Fletchinder soared around the field, making battle cries as it went, soon perching on Jonathan's arm. "You ready, buddy?" Fletchinder asked. The Fire Flying type nodded in response. "Alright, then, use Flame Charge!" Fletchinder heated up in a blitz as it soared toward the icy fox-like Pokémon who was the opponent. "You can do it!" Jonathan called eagerly.

"Freeze, begin with hidden power," Kemen ordered, "And don't forget to dodge!"

The ninetales dodged the flame charge gracefully, arcing over the opposing fire type as it dove at her. Then, she obeyed Kemen's order, and used hidden power. Due to her IV spread, it happened to be hidden power water...

Blue bubbles flew at Fletchinder, as Freeze somersaulted in the air.

(I wasn't absent withing the RP, there was nothing I could really say at the moment.)

Teiran looked at the battle of Kemen and Jonathan, and rooted for them both. There was really no other thing she could do at this point, but have her Pokemon examine the battle.

Jonathan saw the bubbles and knew what to do. "Fletchinder, go! Swerve in and out of the bubbles to dodge the attack, then chase Ninetales until I say so!" Fletchinder swerved in and around and evaporated the bubbles around it to evade the attack, then made a loop to turn around and chase the Ice Fairy Type. Right as they were on its tail, Jonathan yelled," Now, switch it up! Stop using Flame Charge and hit 'em hard with Steel Wing!" Jonathan knew Steel Wing would work for an attack, and given the Fire Flying Type's boosted speed and close proximity, this attack was bound to land. "Go, buddy!"

Kemen waggled his finger. "Don't get so cocky," he scolded, "Rushing into an attack like that will only get you in trouble, despite your type advantage. Freeze, use confuse ray!"

And with that, Freeze blew a large, yellowish orb at the opposing pokemon, landing after the attack with all of the grace and beauty she was used to displaying.

Fletchinder was confused by the attack, but Kemen disregarded the fact that Fletchinder was not too bad an actress. She used Steel Wing and plummeted to the ground, and then revealed that the confusion wasn't real. "Now, use Flame Charge to heat up the ground!" Fletchinder did so, and the ground got seemingly warmer. Because of the laws of Gravity, Ninetales wouldn't be able to dodge that attack from the ground. "You see, Kemen, your Ninetales is affected by gravity, unlike some other Pokémon such as Fletchinder," Jonathan explained. "At one point or another, Ninetales will make contact with the ground and be burned by the searing heat!" the boy smiled and pumped a fist to show his confidence.

Akio turned to the fight seeing Jonathan and Kemen, Akio grinned seeing his friends battle.
"Wonder who will win." He said turning to Marowak, Marowak was more distracted by his bone being on fire from evolution. Akio spotted Jonathan's technique with Flechender,
"That's amazing..." He murmured in awe.

Freeze grimaced as the ground beneath her began to heat up, hopping about on her paws to keep them from touching it. Despite her attempts, however, she still couldn't escape unharmed.

Kemen, meanwhile, wasn't going to let this carry on, not for long, at least. His eyes narrowed, as he gave his next orders.

"Confuse ray!" he commanded, "And then go into hidden power!"

Another pulsing yellow orb flew toward the opposing Fletchinder, soon followed by a flurry of sparkling blue bubbles.

Daymon watched the battles and took out an apple, and munched on it. He wished he had been able to enter, but I guess the world wasn't ready for what he could do. Then, he went over to the trees and sent out Skarmory. He jumped on Skarmory and flew above the battlefield, and got an airail view of the Feild.

"Fly out of it!" Jonathan called, full of spirit. Fletchinder ddged the attacks back-to-back but was hit by the explosion from the Hidden Power. She was sent into the sky and maneuvered her body again by flying upward. "Alright, now, use Razor Wind on the ground," Jonathan yelled. "And don't aim it at Ninetales!" Jonathan called. The Fire Type slashed at the wind and sent discs at the ground with intent and power, while keeping away from Ninetales. After the attack, there was a big explosion and it was Jonathan's call once again. "Use Steel Wing behind the smoke!"

"Quick! Freeze, clear it with confuse ray!"

Determined not to be beaten that easily, Freeze sent out another confuse ray, even if just to clear the smoke. It did it quickly, lighting it up, and then making it disappear.

Daymon hovered above the battle and decided to fly down. Skarmory got hit by one of the stray Razor Winds and crash landed next to Terian. "Crap." Thought Daymon. "I always make the worst introductions." Then, he got up and returned Skarmory.

Akio noticed the new boy and his Skarmory and went over to greet him,
"Hi, I'm Akio, and this is my Marowak." Akio said pointing to his Marowak, he also noticed Teiran.
"Hi, Teiran! How's it been?" He asked.

"Sup. Daymon's my name." He said. He winced as he felt a twinge in his hip. That was probably from crash-landing. "Urgh." He said, trying to stay up by leaning on Skarmory. Skarmory looked very remorse and was really sorry for hurting Daymon, but there was nothing he could do.

"Good! My Pokemon are just learning the battle moves of each trainer." Teiran said, as she kept her mind on the battle.

It was a very interesting battle, and very cool to see.

"Hey Damion, you seem to like steel types huh?" Akio asked with a grin on his face. Akio was so relived to see his girlfriend again, it had been a while since he had seen her and he was excited to see her again.
"Did you see Jonathan's gravity technique? Soooooooo cool!" He asked Teiran, he was still really impressed by that trick.

Daymon smiled, and shook off his pain. He looked at the battle. "Whoa!" He said. "And yes, I do kinda like steel types, although I don't specialize in them." He said, sending out a Lairon and a Marshtomp. "I come from Hoenn, you see." He said.

"That's a great place!" Akio told him "I'm from Johto..." He said thinking about his home.
"You look really cool!" Marowak told the Marshtomp, "Hoenn is far away from Johto!" Marowak cried.

"Oh, cool! A good friend of mine traveled in Johto once..." He said. "I know, right?" Said Marshtomp to Marowak. "So... Hmmm..." Said Daymon. "Yeah. I lived in Petalburg city, and got my first starter, Mudkip, who is now a Marshtomp. He said, pointing to him. "I got Lairon here as an Aron in Granite Cave, and finally Skarmory on some route full of ash, and even a bunch falling from the sky!" Said Daymon, relating to his past captures.

Akio hugged her back, blushing.
"That's awesome to know!" Akio told her as he turned to the Marshtomp.
"A Mudkip? Never heard of that one, let me look it up in my pokéd-" Akio turned and saw his old rusty Johto dex which wouldn't tell him what an alolan form is. "Never mind...got my starter as Cubone! Crazy right!" Akio told Damion. Akio turned back to Teiran and asked,
"Any of your Pokémon evolved since I left?"

(Lunar, someone needs to get hit in the battle, or this will just keep wearing on and on...)

Jonathan saw the smoke clear due to the Confuse Ray, but Fletchinder charged towards Ninetales with Steel Wing anyway. Oh man, Kemen's going to dodge this attack for sure. What'll I do? Jonathan thought.
Then, it clicked.
"Fly under Ninetales while using Flame Charge!" Jonathan called, knowing thathis strategy would work.
All he needed was for Fletchinder to fly under Ninetales and he could win.

Daymon smirked when he saw the hug, but then showed Akio his Hoenn Dex, which was upgraded for Alola Pokemon info. "Here, let's see it." He said, activating the Dex and searching up Mudkip. "Mudkip. The Mudfish Pokemon. A Water Type. Mudkip usually live in wide rivers and streams. The fin on their head is used as a radar to detect food as well as tectonics." The Dex said. "Oh, cool! They updated the description for him too!" Said Daymon.

(Agreed. Let's end this)

Freeze couldn't get away in time, and fell to the flame charge. Kemen recalled her, bowing, before leaving his corner quietly. He wasn't going to make a big show of this.

Daniel, who'd gotten more than bored of the endless cyclical battles joined him outside the stadium, wanting to hurry up and continue with his journey.

Jonathan, glad he won, returned to the bleachers. The rest of the battles were a big blur to him, but he remembered a few things. He lost in the fourth round to Teiran, and she lost in the fifth to Kyle, who had won the tournament to Glacier. Jonathan left the stadium and healed his team. While that was happening, he waited for his friends to show up at the Pokémon Center.

Laura had to heal her pokemon after the loss. She was sad, but happy to be in second place. So she looked at Akio, and held out a hand.

"Ready?" she asked, with a usual smile of hers.