• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"I don't plan on pursuing him, Kemen," Jonathan replied. "He could be here, but it's highly unlikely. Let alone, he specializes in Bug Pokemon. I have Fletchinder, and you have Ninetales." The boy kept walking, and he felt the rumble, yet it was louder and rougher. Then, out appeared an Alolan Dugtrio. "What the heck?!? All the rumbling, and it was a wild Pokemon?!?!" Jonathan yelled.

"What a troublesome creature," Daniel commented gruffly, "To think that it'd be poking around on holy grounds like these... I know it's only a pokemon, though I can't help but disapprove of its conduct...."

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier and Nova saw some motion in behind them. "Magneton! Flash!" Glacier commanded. Magneton released bright light at the figures and saw Daniel, Kemen and Jonathan. "Oh...its you guys..." He said, calming down. Espeon and Nova were relieved to see their friends and not their foes, if they had any.

Jonathan was blinded for a second, but he saw Nova and knew he was fine. "Hey, Glacier!" he called. "How is it over there? Is anyone hurt? If so, I'll head over there!" he waved at the group and smiled. He waited for a response, because boy, did he have a story to tell!

SaiyanDakon

"Were good overhere!" Galxier shouted back. Espeon ran over to Jonathan one nudged his leg. Magneton also greeted the trio. "We are almost to the exit you know?" Glacier said to Jonathan.

"Wow, we went fast, huh, Kemen?" Jonathan asked. He petted Espeon again and picked it up. "Espeon, sure likes me, huh?" Jonathan asked. He rubbed its fur and patted its head. "I can't wait to battle Olivia, Glacier. You?" he asked.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier laughed. "I already beat her...She's pretty easy with Totodile. Though her Lycanroc was defensive." He said. Espeon used a small Shadow Ball on Jonathan in affection and ran back to Nova. "Espeon sure appeals to most people." Nova said.

Jonathan flinched from the Shadow Ball and laughed a bit, letting Espeon go. She ran back to Nova, and Jonathan smiled. "That's great to know Water Types do good against her, Glacier!" Jonathan said. "I've studied type matchups, and I plan on using Decidueye or Crabrawler for this match. They're also weak to Fighting and Grass Pokemon, Rock Types."

(Oh my lord, I haven't been getting notifications in...forever! Since I have no idea where everyone else waltzed to, here we go.)

Teiran held the Z crystal tightly, happily enjoying her victory against Olivia. Rough battle, but Teiran and her Pokemon pushed through. After beating Olivia, Teiran's Pokemon were wiped, and it was time to return to the Pokemon Center. She had no idea where her group was, so she decided she would text one of them. She pulled out her phone, and went to the first contact she saw.

"Hey, Jonathon. Where are you guys?" the text read, as she walked to the Pokemon Center.

After she walked inside, she gave her Pokemon to Nurse Joy, then sat down, waiting for a response.

Jonathan got a ring from his phone and he pulled it out. 'I'm here with Daniel, Kemen, Glacier, Kyle an Nova at the end of Diglett's Tunnel. I don't know where Akio, Night or Duke are, so after we head back through the cave again, I'll go look for them. K?' He looked up at the group. "Hey, um, have you three felt any weird rumbles lately? There are some mischievous Diglett around the area, making the ground shake, and popping out to scare you."

SaiyanDakon

"Diglett....those miserable moles won't bother me once they've got a load of Garchomp and Zoroark." Glacier replied. Magneton watched out for anything to come with Flash but was hit by Rock Tomb. Nova saw this happen and was starting to get worried but stayed strong. "Espeon...use Psychic on whoever hit Magneton." She commanded. The Sun Pokemon lifted up behind a boulder a large Boldore. Glacier looked at the Boldore and chuckled. "So...its one of my home region Pokemon that did that. Boldore are starting to become more of a problem than the Geodude. First they use Rock Tomb and then Sandstorm to block your way out. Its lucky I don't attack it but its fine...Magneton must've startled it when the Steel Type used Flash." Glacier explained. Espeon lowered the Boldore back on the ground and back away from it. The Boldore looked carefully at all of the trainers and dug back underground. "Heh....Never seen a Boldore use dig before." Nova muttered.

Teiran cursed herself mentally, for she was just inside Diglett Cave, and missed them. Her Pokemon were healed, as Teiran put her Pokeballs in her bag, and Brionne jumped on top of her shoulder. Then Teiran texted Jonathan back.

"I was just there! Coming back now! And Kyle? It's been so long! I thought he decided not to travel with us in Melemele."

Then, as she walked to Diglett Cave, she stopped momentarily, as she swiped down her contacts to Akio, who was put in her favorites. Then she typed in a small message.

"Hey, Akio! Where are you?"

(@Akio and Cubone @Godjacob @ThatOneBanette )

Jonathan chuckled at the text and then replied ' You don't have to come back. We're almost at the exit, and we'll meet you at Konikoni, okay? Then, I'll go tackle my battle with Olivia and we can head to Ula'Ula after the others battle her as well. '
He looked at Glacier and said, "Boldore, huh? Those sound pretty cool. I might have to catch one some time."

"Diglett...They don't sound nice," Daniel commented, glancing over at Kemen, who nodded in understanding, "I think I'll have to put my chair away, for now..."

Kemen decided that he'd grumpiggy-back Daniel through the rest of the cave, lest anything happen to his chair. This way, Daniel could better focus on his pokemon, should he need to use them in battle.

Teiran got the text from Jonathan, and nodded, before turning around and heading to Konikoni. After some help with her Pokegear, she made it there, deciding that she was hungry, before pulling a pear from a ziplock bag in her backpack. Then she muncher on the snack, while waiting for alll of her friends.

Duke cursed himself as she tried to contact Teiran through his Pokegear. He just had to go off on his own for some training and now he had lost the group. He hoped to get in contact with Teiran so she could tell him where the group was at currently.

Teiran soon heard a buzz in her Pocket, and pulled out her Pokegear. It was Duke, she was pretty sure.

"Hey, Duke! I'm at Konikoni town right now, in case you're wondering. I'm waiting for the group."

Duke recieved the message from his Pokegear and gave a nod.

"Alright, be there as soon as I can..." Duke said to the Pokegear before he turned it off. He then pulled out a map and released his Charizard. Duke got on its back and began to fly through the air. Duke would direct Charizard in the direction of Konikoni town. Thanks to Charizard's flying speed, it only took a few minutes for Duke to see his friend as he directed Charizard to the ground next to her. Duke got off and greeted Teiran with a smile.

"Hello there. I apologize for not being with you guys...sort of just went on my own to train and lost track of time." Duke said with a sheepish grin.

Kemen emerged in Konikoni City, still carrying Daniel, despite the latter's attempts to tell him he could go back in his chair now. Both were stunned at the sight of the glittering city, and to be honest, they didn't think that they'd see such a sight in Alola.

"We're here, at last," Daniel greeted, sitting upright as he was carried.

"Finally!" exclaimed Kyle as he reached the end of the long tunnel. His eyes suddenly burned, for he had been in the darkness for too long. He slowly opened his eyes and adjusted them to the sunlight. Then he turned to Daniel. "So, Daniel, are you ready for your next contest?"

"You betcha!" Daniel affirmed, "I'm not gonna lose twice in a row!"

"Amen to that," Kemen added, "And to the great Vidangel and Muermonio, protectors of my homeland..."

Daniel rolled his eyes at Kemen's over-zealousness. "Anyway, hello again, everyone. Nice to finally be moving on, right?"

"Definitely!" agreed Kyle. Then he asked, "Daniel? How did you and Kemen meet? I was always curious how the Nita King met his match? Was it through a contest?" This question was always nagging him, so now, he finally let it out.

"We met after a showcase in Unova," Daniel responded, "Way before Kemen became the Nita King. I was sat in the audience, watching him, and I thought that he was kinda handsome..." and he blushed.

"And then, once I'd won my princess key, I went to a cafe, and Daniel's honchkrow came over for a bite of my Zebstrika cake," Kemen added, "He hobbled over on his crutches, apologising profusely, and then we kinda got talking from there."

"What are the odds that you would end up getting as close as you are today!" exclaimed Kyle. He then thought about how his father thought that any love was weak, and he pushed the thought out of his mind. "Anyways," he continued, "I have to head on down to Konikoni to finish training with Vulpix, and I'll be there for your contest!" He waved goodbye to the two lovebirds and headed down to the city that lay ahead.

Jonathan saw the group, but Akio wasn't there yet. He rushed to them and heard how Daniel and Kemen met. It was a pretty cool story, and he liked it. He smiled at the group and thought that he'd get his Z-Crystal soon and he'd be that much closer to being an island challenge champion. He went to the Pokemon Center, bought some items, and healed his team. He was ready at that point.

Kemen finally put Daniel back in his wheelchair, waving Kyle off as his partner got comfortable. Or as comfortable as he could, given the constraints of his conditions.

"This place reminds me of the Zhiqi region, for some reason," Daniel began, "It must be the architecture..."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova ran to the group and smiled. "Ah Konikoni City...its amazing like Blackthorn City...you have to get out of a cave to get there." Glacier joked as he recalled Magneton. He looked at Nova and handed her the Pokeball. "Take Magneton...you'll have much better luck with him..." He said. Nova appeared startled and accepted the Pokeball.

Teiran got the text, and texted back,

"I know that he evolved. I'm great, thanks for asking."

Then Teiran looked at the group who soon arrived, and she blushed at the story of how Daniel and Kemen met. It was so cute and adorable.

"Say, why don't we stop standing, or uh, sitting around, in my case, and head on into the city?" Daniel offered, "It'd be better than standing around out here!"

Kemen nodded, eager to get into the city as well. "Say, I hear that there's a place where you can buy evolutionary stones here. Might be an idea for your Pikachu, Teiran!"

Teiran agreed with Daniel, before standing up. Then she heard the comment about evolutionary stones, and Pikachu's Pokeball wiggled a tad, before a small yellow figure appeared in front of Teiran. She picked up her Pikachu, and knew it wanted to evolve.

"Alright, we're in!" Teiran said joyfully.

"Sounds like a plan." Duke said with a smile, with his Charizard nodding in agreement with Daniel's suggestion. Better to go into town than stand around doing a lot of nothing.

The lovers nodded, walking/rolling through the city gates. Konikoni City had quite a nice view of the ocean, and one of its most notable features, the jewellery shop stood out against the rest of the city's shops.

(Hey, Lunar, may I ask you something in the discussion page?)

"I'm going to look around and find a stone store. Later!" Teiran said, before taking off in the direction of the stores.

She looked around before seeing a sign saying "Evolution Stones! Special twenty-five percent discount!" before entering the store, and looking around. After a while of looking she saw a light blue stone, with a sliver of yellow in it. Looking closely, she saw the yellow was a lightning bolt, so she guessed it was the right stone. She picked it up from its cushioned case, and payed for it, two dollars and fifty cents. Pikachu hopped from her arms, and closed ts eyes, waiting to evolve. It closed its eyes, pushing its tiny arms into its chest. Teiran pet the Pikachu for the very last time as a Pikachu, and tapped the stone on its head. A bright light formed around the Pokemon, until it disappeared, revealing a Raichu.

(Sure, go right ahead. If it's about your profile post mentioning me, regrettably, I am unable to comment on your profile)

"Wow, you just did it right there and then, huh?" Kemen began, "I was wondering if you were gonna save that for a showcase, or something..."

Kemen's winning performance, back when he had first become the Nita King, involved throwing a fire stone at Burn, and an Ice stone at Freeze, causing them to evolve mid-performance. It was a simple trick, but, it had been enough to garner Kemen the coveted title of Nita King.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova were with their Pokemon staring at the sea. "Its not like Unova at all...Its so...tropical and peaceful.." She said. Espeon agreed with her and jumped onto Nova's shoulder. "I know its amazing here...but every place is peaceful...you know that." Glacier said. Zoroark agreed and uses Flamethrower to emphasize his point. "I know but-" Nova began to say when she was interrupted by Espeon tugging on her and pointing to the stone shop. "Something must've happened...Lets hurry." Glacier. The two trainers and their Pokemon ran to the shop to see what happened.

Duke watched the evolution of Teiran's Pikachu into a Raichu, not the first evolution via evolution stone he had seen but this was still a big moment none the less. Charizard looked on with equal interest, going down to sniff the Raichu.

OOC: @Yellow.anime Did you get the message I left on your profile? Just wondering.

BIC: Jonathan saw the wonderful evolution of Pikachu to Raichu and his jaw dropped in awe. His team members still had some evolution to undergo, and he didn't have six Pokemon yet. He was jealous of Teiran, to say the least. He left the shop, heading toward Olivia. He was using Crabrawler, Decidueye and Toxapex in their three versus three battle. He'd start with Crabrawler's Dizzy Punch to confuse all of the Pokemon, and it could finish them off there, but Jonathan had another plan. He'd use Decidueye's Leaf Blade and Razor Leaf and Toxapex's Bubble Beam to sweep Olivia's team. His battle strategy was perfect!

OOC: Keep in mind that when you switch a Pokemon out and put it back in, it loses the confusion status effect.

(Yeah, just been off wifi)

Teiran had waved to Jonathan before he left, and looked at Raichu. He looked at himself, admiring his Alolan form, before returning himself to his Pokeball. Then Teiran quickly arrived back with the group, but she noticed Jonathan was gone.

"Hey, does anyone know where Jonathan is? Along with Akio and Night?" Teiran asked.

(@Akio and Cubone @ThatOneBanette )