• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Daymon didn’t like this. He knew he’d seen that move before... it was from that Lurantis back on Akalaaaaoooomygosh it’s most likely using Solar Blade.
“Quick! Let’s end this!” He yelled, and Aggron just tried to stomp Foamantis flat. This might be it.

Daniel, left with nothing to do but watch, took the opportunity to load up on his medicines, as Kemen pushed him down to the battlefield. The master performer sat next to him, holding him steady, when they arrived.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Fomantis jumped and slashed at Aggron in an X-Shape. Nova gasped slightly. She knew this move on multiple occasions of many Bug Type users. "X-Scissor. It may not work well again Aggron but....it'll do damage and be useful in later battles." Nova said.

“X-Sissor. Huh. I was wrong. Forgot. Still a Foamantis. God **** it Nappa.” He said, whispering the last sentence under his breath.
Aggron stumbled back, and then his knees buckled. Daymon looked down. “That dirty Foamantis hit his legs!” He yelled, and Aggron slammed into the ground, fainted.
‘GOD **** IT NAPPAAAA!!!’ Daymon internally screamed as he returned Aggron.

SaiyanDakon

"Nice one, Fomantis!" Nova cheered, "We beat Aggron!" Fomantis nodded and ran to Nova, jumping and hugging her leg.

"Fomantis' first Victory huh? That'll be one to remember, for sure." Glacier commented to Nova. She turned and nodded at her brother. Glacier sighed a little and remembered Totodile's...no Croconaw's first battle victory.

“I’ll finish this off! Go, Skarmory!!” He yelled, sending out the steel bird of terror. “Use air slash!” He quickly yelled, and to finish off the small mantis, Skarmory flapped out a flurry of sharp air gusts around the small Grass Type.
Daymon was deep in thought. He had a thought on the tip of his brain but couldn’t get to it.

SaiyanDakon

Fomantis cried out in pain and fell back, becoming unconscious. "Fomantis, No!" Nova shouted. She recalled her back into her Pokeball. She glared at Skarmory. "How about Steel Type against Steel Type? Go, Magneton!" She yelled, "Tri Attack!" A trio of Magnetite appeared and fired three orbs at Skarmory, hoping to Paralyze, Freeze, or Burn Skarmory.

Skarmory was struck by the attack, but wasn’t fazed much due to it being a normal type attack. “Quick! Counter with Night Slash!” He said quickly, and Skarmory rushed twoard Magneton with dark claws.
‘Man... Marshtomp’s fainted, Aggron’s fainted... this whole battle has been one giant mess. It’s like that one Digglet incident but this time I don’t have Daya around to dig the holes.’ He thought, and looked up.
“This May be a little off topic but how good are you at digging holes?” He asked, looked up, and looked back at her. “I mean besides the one you’ve already dug yourself into.”

SaiyanDakon

Magneton fell back a little and regrouped, remaining focused on the battle. "Magneton, use Thunderbolt!" Nova shouted. Magneton's magnets began charging with electricity then it fired at Skarmory. Nova hoped the attack would hit and bring down Skarmory.

"This should be over then..." Glacier muttered, "Thunderbolt on a Steel and Flying type....that's a good attack for the attacker, not the Skarmory." He grinned a little.

“Use Aerial Ace!” He yelled, and Skarmory disappeared for a flash anencephaly reappeared right at Magneton and tried to it’s glowing-white flying type energy infused foot on to Magneton.
“You gonna answer my question?” Daymon asked, but then chuckled. “Heh... guess it doesn’t matter anyways.”

SaiyanDakon

"I've got to remained focused on the battle. Any hole that I get stuck in, I find a way out. But you've made yourself a pure target." Nova grinned once the Aerial Ace hit Magneton, "Now use Thunderbolt again!" Magneton charged up and fired at Skarmory.

Skarmory was knocked back. “Skaaaarmory!!!!!!” It screeched. “Now. Let’s fully finish this!!!” He said, and pulled out a silvery diamondlike crystal. He put it in his Z-Ring and did the pose for the steel Z-Move. “I’m gonna rack up your sacrum!!” He said, and finished the pose. “I’ll show you the power of metal! Corkscrew... Crash!” He yellrd, as his energy went into Skarmory, who began glowing.
Skarmory began to spin, faster and faster as the energy surged through him. He began spinning so fast that he became only visible as a drill. The metal drill went up, and then straight down and twoard Magneton, tearing through the earth.

SaiyanDakon

Magneton fell back from the attack and fell into the ground from the attack. "Magneton!!" Nova shouted, worried for her Pokemon. Magneton flinched from the damage. It wasn't much but it still dot a lot. "Magneton...please stay strong." Nova whispered.

Kemen, meanwhile, quietly entertained himself with his pokegear, taking the time to reply to more messages from his manager, and his friends back home. Daniel simply stared into space, appearing somewhat worried.

"You ok, babe?" Kemen asked, shifting closer.

"Yeah, fine," he answered, "Just, I dunno, thinking."

Name: Bailey
Gender: Male (Although he uses They/Them pronouns he still classifies as a Male)
Personality: Shy and outgoing
Looks: (pfp for reference)
Goals: To become the champion of Alola
Pokemon (So far): Rockruff, Pichu Egg, Noibat
backstory: Upon Bailey's arrival to Alola, he was struck by a Thunderbolt from an unknown pokemon. He was unconscious for days. In his dream, he met a Psychic Pokemon who granted him the ability to understand pokemon (which is why his hair is pink). He has a best friend, who happens to be a Primirina.

He moved to Hoenn to train in the Rock Pokemon Challenge. He met Rockruff and the two would have won if it wasn't for a Tortuga. He moved back to Alola to become a pokemon champion. And it'll start with his small team.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Water hit the side of the boat. Bailey had his head out and watched the water. "This will be awesome!" He said to his Rockruff and Noibat. "Rock Rock!" He barked. "Yeah." Noibat flew around her trainer. "Bat Noi?" "Sure, we can stop for lunch." The bat flapped her wings with excitement.

It soon came time for them to reach land. As they began walking to a cafe, an egg was in the middle of the road. "Huh? An egg?" He picked it up. "It is a Pichu Egg. We gotta take it in."

(Yes, this is an Ask to Join, so you need to ask in the discussion thread)

Teiran was holding Brionne, becoming bored of the battle, and simply wanting to get the show on the road, and bolt to the next town. She yawned, Brionne snoring in her lap.

"What about, babe?"

Daniel shook his head. "Just about the grand festival. About my last trick in round one..."

Kemen abandoned his pokegear, and went to massage the boy's shoulders. "You'll do fine, love. I'll help you practice every day until the festival, if you need me to. I can hold you steady, or help you out of your chair, or whatever else you need..."

Daniel pulled him in and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, babe."

SaiyanDakon

Nova looked at the Night Slash fearfully. Think! Light and Dark don't work together...but..that's it! She thought and had a plan. "Alright, Magneton. Use Flash!!" Nova shouted. The Electric-Steel Type started rotating its side magnets and shone brightly at Skarmory.

(Please, just end the battle, guys. I've had enough of waiting around.)

Kemen went back to attending to business with his manager. Daniel topped himself up on his fibromyalgia medications, taking as long as possible to apply each one, in the hopes of passing as much time as possible.

Skarmory was blinded, and ended up missing and striking itself. It fell to the ground, fainted. “Well, that seems about right. Return.” He sighed, bringing back Skarmory.
“And the winner is Nova!” Reyna yelled, and Daymon just sighed, smiled, and began walking away. “We’ve wasted enough time. Let’s get to the Observatory.” He said.

"Agreed," Daniel eventually said, "Dunno about you, but I don't wanna see a pointless battle for a very long time."

Kemen got up, searching for the maps icon on his phone. "Which way is it?"

SaiyanDakon

"Its north of here. We can take a bus to it on the route that's left of Malie City." Glacier said, watching Nova recalling Magneton.

"We should most likely take a bus or fly. Oh! I forgot about Unfezant. I can take him to the observatory." Nova said.

"Taking our pokemon up there would save us the wait for a bus," Daniel answered, "Plus, the hour-long journey..."

Kemen sent out his honchkrow. "Don, let's get going, then. I don't think the trail leaders will wait for us."

Teiran, glad the battle was finally over, stood up, grasping Brionne.

"Let's hop to it then!" Teiran ordered, a smirk on her face as she ran off down the trail, heading for route west of Malie City.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier stood up and smiled happily. "Can't wait to see you guys try out Totem Vikavolt." He said and grabbed a Pokeball. He placed it back on his belt and smacked himself. The Great Ball. Salamence. He thought then grabbed the Great Ball. "I'm ready to get moving." He said.

Daniel sent out his own Honchkrow, packing up his things, and his chair, before he got in position to take off. Kemen was positioned right next to him, stashing his pokegear safely away.

"Here we go!" Kemen said proudly, as the couple took off.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier grinned and sent out Salamence. "Assistance." He muttered and watched the blue dragon reveal himself, spreading his red, croissant wings.

Nova threw her Pokeball out, sending out Unfezant.

Duke got on the back of his Charizard and began to fly, though he traveled low to the group as he kept close to Teiran who was the only one who had not taken to the sky.

"If you need a ride, we can offer one." Duke said with a smile to Teiran as he offered his friend a ride as he saw the others take to the air.

Daymon grinned and he leaped onto Skarmory. “Well, bye Reyna! He yelled, and Reyna waved. “Thanks! I’m going back to the terminal! See you guys soon hopefully!” She yelled, and waved goodbye as she walked off.
Daymon saw Terian. “You could always ride with me, too. Skarmory can easily carry three, right?” He said, and Skarmory nodded triumphantly.

"If you say so," Daniel said warily, "Now, the observatory's supposed to be at the top of this mountain, right?"

"Think so," Kemen answered, "As far as I know, Sophocles tends to favour electric type pokemon, so, it'd be useful if any of you had pokemon with ground or rock-type moves."

SaiyanDakon

"But he also has the Totem Vikavolt that can't be touched by Ground Type moves, so you might want to grab a Fire Type as well." Glacier added. He hopped on Salamence's back and waved to Nova.

Nova waved back and hurriedly climbed on the back of her bird Pokemon.

SaiyanDakon

"Strange...A large Togedemaru. I already acquired Electrium Z, though. I already battled Vikavolt." Glacier said and scratched his head, "Maybe Sophocles changed Totem Pokemon after that..." He shrugged.

"Either way, we oughta get going. It's getting late, and the trial site probably won't be open much longer today," Kemen answered, "Plus, we've already had the showcase, and the contest today."

SaiyanDakon

"I agree...Salamence, go forth and use your speed." Glacier said and patted his side. Salamanece roared and flapped his wings, then hovered before taking off towards the Observatory.

Nova nodded to Unfezant and the bird Pokemon took off after Glaciers Salamence.

“Now fly Skarmory. Fly you fool.” He said, and Skarmory dashed up the mountain at Mach Speed. “To the Houkani Observatory!” He yelled as Skarmory dashed through the sky and overhead of the observatory.

Kemen and Daniel landed as soon as their Honchkrows had gotten them a safe distance away from the ground. Kemen helped Daniel back into his chair, before the pair returned their birds.

"So, who's up for a trial?" Kemen asked.