• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier laughed and nodded. "I knew he could pull it off. Amazing stuff." He said to himself. He turned and nudged Nova with his elbow softly to wake her up again. She did and rubbed her eyes before petting Espeon. "He won?" She whispered. Glacier nodded to her with a smile.

Daymon smiled watching this. Then, he turned to Nova. “Hey, do you want to have a battle? You don’t have to say yes, I’d just recommend you do.” He said, grinning wildly.
Reyna smiled at the two. “That’s amazing Daniel! Now you’re all the way to the grand festival? Where is it being hosted? Because I’ll fly here just to watch it!” She said, giving a thumbs up.

"This year, they're doing it atop Mount Lanakila," Daniel announced, "It'll be broadcast worldwide from a special contest hall, with loads of different stages and props, for the appeal round."

Kemen put Daniel back in his chair. "You can request just about anything for your performance. You can have a stage made of water, or rocky terrain, or even a field of flowers!"

Daniel straightened up a bit. "But I won't need any of that. My first round appeal...Well, it's going to be very ambitious. Maybe even dangerous. But I'm keeping it a secret until we get there!"

"A secret huh? Well I'm sure we'll all be amazed with what you have in mind."

Duke said that to Daniel as he smiled, having applauded when Daniel managed to achieve victory. Duke knew he had it in him, and seeing his friend's efforts pay off like they did for Teiran brought a smile to his face.

Duke was amused at the banter between Glacier & Nova, and interested in the challenge Daymon made to Nova caught his interest.

SaiyanDakon

"A battle? Sure. It will be good work for Rockruff and Espeon. Maybe Fomantis." Nova responded to Daymon's offer to battle.

Glacier smirked. "Your first Alolan battle, I suppose. Be sure to give it your all." He said.

Daymon rushed to a training field just outside the hall, grinning as he pulled out his first Pokémon. Then he stopped. “Marshtomp, get in there.” He said, and Marshtomp waddled onto the feild.
“Let’s see if you’re all that great.” He said, a sarcastic gleam in his eyes. He smiled, and waited on Nova for her Pokémon.
Reyna went to the middle. “I’ll be the referee. I am licensed.” She said, pulling out two flags; one green, one red.

SaiyanDakon

"I don't think you'd want to mess with my sister. She's pretty great." Glacier smirked and laughed softly.

Nova ran to the opposite side of the battlefield and grinned. "Espeon! You're up!" She yelled and pointed to the field. Her Psychic type jumped and landed in front of her. "Guess I'll start. Espeon, you use Swift!" She commanded. Espeon jumped up and fired several stars at Marshtomp.

“Protect!” Daymon yelled, and Marshtomp blocked the stars with an energy shield. “Now, while it’s close! Water Pulse!!” He yelled, and Marshtomp shot a sphere of water straight at Espeon.
Reyna then called out; “This, by the way, is a three-on-three battle!” And Daymon smiled.

SaiyanDakon

"Good...I only have three Pokemon and Espeon: Use Psychic to shoot the Water Pulse right back!" Nova responded. Espeon's gem in her head glowed as the Water Pulse stopped before it hit Espeon. Then it was shot right back at Marshtomp.

“Marshtomp, you know what to do!” Daymon said, and Marshtomp caught and crushed the water pulse, receiving extremely low damage.
“Now! Use dig! It may be quadrupedal, but the technique we practiced will most likely work!” He said, and Marshtomp dig down into the ground and stayed perfectly still underground to avoid being sensed by Espeon’s Psychic Powers.

SaiyanDakon

"Get ready Espeon. Marshtomp might appear anywhere so stay sharp." Nova said. Espeon nodded and watched the ground, checking for signs of dirt weakening.

Glacier crossed his arms and looked at his Z-Ring. Gumshoos, Salazzle, Wishiwashi, Lurantis, Vikavolt, what's next? He thought, Next is Mimikyu and then its Poni Island for the trials.

SaiyanDakon

"Psychic!" Nova shouted. Espeon was hit by a couple of Water Guns but managed to stop the rest with her psychic abilities. The trainer grinned and pumped her fist into the air. "Launch em' back!" She replied. Espeon nodded as the gem glowed a bit brighter and shot the Water Guns back.

Marshtomp was struck by his own attack and fell out of the full Nelson. “Quick! Mega Punch!” He yelled, and from close range, Marshtomp charged and delivered a feirce Mega Punch to Espeon, hoping to get a close range hit.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier appeared shocked at how strong Marshtomp is. "A Mega Punch? What's next? Waterfall?" He asked himself.

"Quick Attack to counter that Mega Punch." Nova countered. She wanted to use Swift but Espeon needed head-to-head training with a physical fighter like Marshtomp. Espeon ran toward Marshtomp and jumped, then dove toward it.

The punch and quick attack met, and with neither letting up, it might take forever until either gives in. “Marshtomp! Use some of the energy from the mega punch and use it for a water pulse!!” Daymon yelled, and Marshtomp took some of the power from his Mega Punch and used it to charge and shoot a close-range water pulse, but due to the force of the shot, he was knocked back and took a good amount of damage.

SaiyanDakon

"Quick! Swift!" Nova said fearfully. Espeon summoned dozens of stars and shot them at the Water Pulse. However, the effect only lessened the damage as the Water Pulse made its target a direct hit. Espeon was shot back in front of Nova as she weakly got up. "Can you still go on?" Nova asked softly. Espeon struggled to get back up but to no avail. The girl sighed and looked up at Daymon. "You win...I don't want to push Espeon farther than it seems." She said.

Marshtomp was about to launch another water gun, but then fell to the ground, fainted. “Looks like Marshtomp’s done anyway.” He said, sighing.
“Espeon is out of commission for the rest of the match and Marshtomp is unable to battle! Each contestant must now send in their next Pokémon!” Reyna yelled, and Daymon tossed out a new Pokémon. “Go, Aggron!” He yelled, tossing out the giant hulking beast.

SaiyanDakon

Nova grabbed Espeon back and set her down next to her. She glared at her opponents and grabbed a Pokeball. "Fomantis!" She shouted, "Appear!" She threw it and appeared a small bipedal praying mantis Pokemon out on the field.

“AGGRONNNN!!!!” The beast roared. “Let’s get started with a Heavy Slam!” Daymon yelled, and Aggron charged at the Foamantis, jumped into the air, and his body became shiny and chrome as it plummeted down to smash.

SaiyanDakon

"Dodge it!" Nova shouted. Fomantis saw the attack and ran then waited to dodge once Aggron got close enough. She wasn't sure if she could beat this large beast of Steel but she had to believe it would be true.

Duke watched the battle with great focus as Charizard did the same, finding Nova to be quite the talented trainer in her own right. Though Daymon proved to be just as formidable as ever so the contest was anyone's game as far as he could tell.

(Stupid notifications. >=O)

Teiran spaced out again, which was a rather normal occurrence. Brionne was on her lap, staring at her with her head tilted. "I wonder where the others are." she said, looking around the empty auditorium. She felt bad for missing the contest, for both Daniel and Ansel's sake. She shook her head sadly at herself, as she threw her head back onto the rim of the chair. It didn't even hurt that much, to her.

Duke took note of Teiran's missing presence as he shifted focus from the battle and began to look for her, soon finding her at the auditorium just as as hit the rim which was concerning to Duke.

"You okay Teiran?" Duke asked as he and Charizard walked and arrived next to Teiran.

Daniel and Kemen sighed softly, apparently having been abandoned by Glacier, Daymon, Reyna, and Nova for a battle. They didn't mind battles, but they distracted way too much from the journey at hand, if they weren't for something important. Plus, it left everyone else with nothing to do.

"My, how predictably boring," Kemen sighed, "I'm getting rather sick of these pointless battles."

"Oh, Daymon and Nova decided to have a battle. I made the mistake and assumed you were following us. I am sorry." Duke said in apology for Teiran behind, the guilt quite evident in his tone. His shiny Charizard nodded as he echoed those thoughts of its trainer.

"It's okay. Not your fault." she said, sighing and standing up.

She grabbed Brionne, holding her in her arms, and just kind of stood there next to Duke.

"Lead the way." she said, motioning to him.

Aggron turned to the Foamantis who had rudely gotten out of the way of an attack that was supposed to faint it!
“Quick! Earth Power!” Daymon called out. Aggron stamped its foot, making geysers of hot earth energy explode out around Foamantis.

SaiyanDakon

Fomantis looked around and flinched from the damage. She got up and glared at Aggron. "Fomantis! Try and use Razor Leaf!" Nova commanded. The Grass Type nodded and had several sharp leaves swirl around her and sent them at the Steel-Rock Dual Type.

The leaves did virtually nothing except make small scratches, at least on the armor. On its main body, they scratched an made cuts, causing Aggron to flinch backward. This was the perfect chance to do damage to the stomach.

SaiyanDakon

"Now, Fomantis! Use Leaf Blade!" Nova shouted. Fomantis charged at Aggron, her small blade on her arm becoming a bit larger and she slashed at the giant's stomach.

"You need strong attacks to take a heavy Pokemon like Aggron down. A Ground Type move or a Fighting Type move would've done a lot more." Glacier muttered to himself, taking notes on the battle and making strategies.

Aggron stumbled backwards, extremely angry at this point. “AAAAGROOOOOOOON!!” He roared, and Daymon replied; “Use Stone Edge!”
A flurry of rock spikes came up from the ground to impale Foamantis. It wasn’t going to be beaten by a tiny little mantis.

SaiyanDakon

(I miscounted Nova's Pokemon. I forgot Magneton)

Fomantis smirked then hopped over the Stone Edge, jumping on each rock to get to Aggron. "Fomantis looks like she knows what she is doing. So use Razor Leaf, again!" Nova commanded. Fomantis jumped and fired dozen of sharp leaves again at Aggron.

Daymon yelled; “Use heavy Slam!” And Aggron ran into Foamantis, it’s body glowing chrome as the pages bounced off its rampaging hulk. It was time for it to end this. It was an impudent little brat.

SaiyanDakon

Fomantis looked up in fear at the large Aggron. "Fo...mantis." (Please...I'm sorry.) She covered her head with her arms. "Come on, Fomantis! You can do it!" Nova shouted. Fomantis looked up and heard Nova trying to gain her confidence. "Fomantis!" (I can do this!) She got up and glared at Aggron. "Use Leaf Blade to counter!" Nova shouted. Fomantis jumped at Aggron, her blade arms reaching for him.

SaiyanDakon

Fomantis flinched and fell back then landed with a thud on the ground. She struggled to get up and glared at Aggron. She panted and her blades started glowing. "Fomantis....is that...a new move?" Nova asked softly.

Duke smiled as he & Charizard would lead Teiran towards the others, where Nova and Daymon seemed to be locked in a fierce battle as Duke was rather amazed. Figuring they'd be finished by now, so he assumed this was a battle for the ages and their skill seemed evenly matched with Fomantis apparently displaying a new move.