• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

While the stage was being reset for the performers to get ready, Teiran was just hanging around with Popplio. However, she saw Ansel with another boy, one who wore a straight face. Wanting to greet them politely, having known Ansel, she stood up and walked over to them with Popplio on her shoulder.

"Hey, Ansel! Who's your friend?" she greeted with a smile.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel smiled at Teiran- he decided it'd be best to be friendly to her, she had done the same to him after all. "Hey Teiran! This is, uh, Lieutenant Dan. He's looking to beat up some kids for their Z-Crystals or something, I don't know." Ansel picked up their hands and put them into a handshake. "Teiran, Lieutenant Dan, Lieutenant Dan, Teiran."

"Oh, Teiran, your performance was great, by the way. Do you get to keep all those Popplio?" Ansel asked the question with a hopeful tone, although he knew the answer was probably no. He was tempted to take one for himself, he did need a water type after all.

Marcus rolled his eyes at the way this Ansel kid introduced him. "It's Saunders." Marcus said, roughly pulling his hand away. "And you know why I'm here." Marcus then looked at the smiling girl, and his frown disappeared. He remembered that he's not in Orre.

These people are just kids having fun, so there's no need of Marcus always having a menacing look planted on his face.

However, the 'beat up some kids for their Z-Crystals' part of Ansel's speech, although it was probably a wild guess, it wasn't wrong. In fact, that's the exact reason of why Marcus is here. Of course, he's not going to tell that to anyone. It's a covert mission after all. "I'm from International Police. This kid here is claiming to be a witness of a crime so I'll have to stick with him for now." Marcus explained to Teiran. "By the way, do you know anyone here who is from Sinnoh, or has anything from there? Pokémon, items, currency, for example." He asked to the girl, hoping to achieve better results with her. "We are looking a Z-Crystal thief who came from that region."

Teiran was at first shocked by Ansel claiming Saunders was to beat up kids for Z crystals, and smiled at him when he congratulated her.

"Thanks. And no, I don't get to keep all the Popplio." Teiran said with a sheepish smile.

Teiran took in the information from Saunders, and when he said he was looking for a Z-Crystal thief, Teiran took the 'beating up kids' phrase as a joke.

"No, I haven't seen anybody suspicious looking, or such. But I have Z-Crystals, if you have any you're looking for in particular. I could help you compare them to the ones you need, if you don't know what the ones you're looking for actually look like." Teiran explained with a smile, grabbing her backpack from a wooden box nearby.

Daymon waited, and then realized he was out of popcorn. He got up and said; “I’m getting more popcorn. Want a thing?” He asked, and Reyna nodded. “Okay, 5 bucks.” He said, and Reyna begrudgingly gave him the money.
He walked past the Ansel kid and the Marine, accompanied by.... “Terian? What’s going on?” He asked, his sister walking up behind him. “This is Terian?” She said, looking at Daymon, who nodded.

Marcus nodded at the girl and flashed a ghost of a smile for a second before returning to his usual blank expression. Perfect! This girl has what he needs: Z-Crystals. Now he just needs to approach her, somehow, so he can take them. "The thief doesn't have any preferences. He will take any Z-Crystal he comes across, which means he has more than one or two Z-Crystals of the same kind." Marcus explained, before putting a hand on her shoulder. "I recommend you to keep your Z-Crystals hidden from public eye. Anyone here could be the thief, and you probably don't want to be the next target." Marcus then let go of her shoulder and started to scan his surroundings once more.

...This was starting to become a bad habit.

Marcus then recognized a certain voice. Marcus turned to see the brown-haired boy from before, this time with a girl alongside him. "Hey, I remember you. You seemed rather in a hurry to leave when you heard me saying that I'm from InterPol." Marcus said with a frown. "Care to explain?"

"Oh, okay." Teiran answered.

She threw her backpack back down by the box, and sat next to it, the first person who won with the Rowlet herding was called up on stage. Teiran seemed to nod off, becoming bored of waiting.

Kemen briefly got up to get snacks for himself and Daniel, somehow managing to miss what was happening outside. He returned shortly, just in time for the first freestyle performance to begin.

"Any idea when Teiran's going to be on?" Kemen asked, as he passed Daniel a tub of lemon sorbet.

"No," he answered, "I didn't manage to get a look at the performance order."

“Hah, no.” He said, smiling. But then, he looked at the man suspiciously. “Though, I can’t believe that an InterPol. Agent would be here of all places. I’d like to see an ID before I believe you.” He said, grinning deviously. Reyna looked at him oddly. What was he doing? Why was he doing it? WHY CAN’T THEY JUST GET POPCORN!!!!

todoroki

Previously gamora
(sorry i accidentally dropped this sklskjj)

Ansel started to realize that the longer he stayed here, the harder it'd be to shake Marcus. "Uh, hey, I think the Z-Crystal thief might be in the contest hall. Let's head in there, it was nice talking Teiran." And with that, Ansel proceeded to try to drag Marcus away from everyone and into the crowd, before running through it and blending in, pretending to be leading him to the thief.

Last edited:
"Ugh." Marcus said while Ansel started dragging him into the crowd, and away from his target. This is getting nowhere, Marcus must think fast to get close to that Teiran girl or he would lose a big chance. Suddenly he felt something in one of his pockets. Widening his eyes at the realization of what that meant, he immediatly pryed his arm off who was holding him. "Wait!" Marcus began to search his pockets. "My Z-Crystal. It's gone!" Marcus then started to frantically look around, desperately trying to find the perpetrator, before his eyes landed on a small yellow-and-black mouse Pokémon running away with his Normalium-Z.

It's a Pichu. His Pichu. It didn't took long for Marcus to realize what the small creature meant by stealing his Z-Crystal. It's not a bad idea. Maybe that would work.

"STOP THAT POKÉMON!!!" Marcus exclaimed, before breaking into a sprint after the Pichu, roughly pushing away anyone who was blocking his path, including the brown-haired duo he talked to moments prior.

Marcus chased the Pokémon until it took refuge into an air vent. He tried to reach the yellow mouse, before being blown away when a Thunderbolt hit his chest.

Marcus lost his consciousness for a split second. When he came to, the Pichu had vanished from his sight. Marcus tried to get up, but he couldn't move, as the eletricity was still coursing through his body. He was Paralyzed. "D-d-dam-m-m-mit-t-t..." Marcus hoped that would draw the attention of Teiran's friends, so they would believe him.

But, really? A Thunderbolt? That was uncalled for.

Last edited:
Teiran was so shocked by all the events, that upon seeing Marcus shocked by a Thunderbolt really scared her. She ran over to him, and grabbed his arm, hoisting him to his feet.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me! Are you alright?" she asked the boy, upon seeing his paralysis.

todoroki

Previously gamora
(sorry, saw the notification and started writing something then had to go, and forgot about it later)

"I'll get it Lieutenant Dan!" Ansel took the chance of the Pichu running to make the escape, but he eventually passed it, oblivious of the thunderbolt. He had already gotten far enough away from Marcus once he collapsed on the ground- he could hear him shouting, but that's all he got. He himself had gone further ahead, trying as hard as he could to get away from him. What could he say, he was intimidated. He finally stumbled to a halt, and realized he had just almost ran to backstage. He was near the front of that side, so they could still probably see him, but he really needed to catch his breath.

Daymon shook his head. “I’m not getting involved with this sh**. Let’s get back into the room. You can meet blondie later.” He said, and dragged Reyna back into the showroom. Reyna was still utterly confused at what was happening, and she was overall unable to do anything.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
*plane lands and Nick walks down the steps to see the alolan sun*
“Wow” he said surprised by how bright the sun was. He looks around and sees Pokémon he’s never seen before.

"Ugh..." Marcus grunted as he was being helped up. "I'm fine, d-don't worry." He spoke, shaking off the last of his Paralysis, and stared hard at the air vent where his Pichu was last seen, still a little bit salty over the attack. "But he took my Z-Crystal..."

Marcus turned to look at Teiran. "If that Pichu knew I had a Z-Crystal, then he probably followed me here. Which means he was also spying on us when you talked about the Z-Crystals you have." Marcus said. "Now the thief knows you have Z-Crystals, which means he'll probably target you next."

Marcus opened up his P★DA and put his earpiece on. Maybe he could add to his facade if he contacted HQ and tell them about what is going on. "This is Saunders, to HQ. Come in, HQ."

No response...

Marcus frowned. "HQ, please respond."

Still no response...

Marcus removed his earpiece and looked at it. It was scorched. Surely damaged by his Pichu's Thunderbolt.

Angry, Marcus threw the small acessory at the wall with all the strength he could muster and sighed, before turning to look at Teiran once more. "Alright, then. Back to standard procedure. You are a target, so I'll have to tag along on that... adventure of yours or whatever until the thief is captured or I manage to contact HQ again. I hope you or your friends do not mind."

Last edited:
Teiran was at first surprised, then shocked. She always had room for new companions in her opinion, but would the others mind? She decided to take a chance.

"You can gladly join. But, I should be getting onstage soon, before I get cancelled." she said, as she heard someone walking around backstage, calling her name. "Take care of my Z-Crystals please!"

She turned and ran off to the stage, feeling a bit of regret for leaving him there. But all of her emotions seemed to stop by the time she was standing onstage with her Pokemon. She took a deep breath and turned to them, giving them a small nod. They nodded back to her, ready to perform.

Daniel and Kemen lit up, when at last, Teiran was called up to perform. Waiting for her had felt like forever, but they were glad that she finally got her chance to shine.

"Make it count," Daniel said quietly.

Marcus' blank expression remained unchanged as he looked at Teiran running to the stage. When he lost sight of the girl, he immediatly turned his head to look at the box which housed her belongings. This was his chance. Now, all he has to do is to take her Z-Crystals and leave.

Marcus took a step closer to the box, but stopped when he heard a low mechanical noise. He turned to look at the source of that noise and felt his blood boil, it was a security camera.

Marcus looked down and gritted his teeth. The universe must be trolling him. There's no other way to put it.

Calming himself down, Marcus sat down on a bench to watch Teiran and her Pokémon's performance. Sooner or later an opportunity will appear. He just needs to stick close to the girl and wait until that moment comes.

Daymon smiled. “Kill the competition!” He whispered under his breath, grinning. Reyna smiled. At least he wasn’t being a jerk.
Marshtomp stook his head up from sleeping in Daymon’s backpack full of his Z-Crystals. He watched the showcase intently, as this could seal Terian a win. Maybe she could become the Alola Queen. It was definitely a possibility, at least to lil’ old Marshtomp.

"You got this Teiran! Do you best!" Duke called out as encouragement when she took the stage once more, and while it remained outside and in protest mode, Duke's Charizard watched the events on the monitor and cried its own support for Duke's friend.

"Char! Zard Char!" (Do it Teiran! We're all behind you, even if I can't be there!)

Blue_Flash4

Walking down a road he sees a Pokémon center he thinks that’d it be a good idea to get one of his Pokémon from the pc he walked over and got his Blastoise from his pc walking away from the Pokémon center his Poliwag came out of his pokeball and climbed on his shoulder his Poliwrath also came out and started walking beside him.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier grinned when he saw Teiran and nudged Nova, who had almost fallen asleep. "Huh, what? Is she on?" She asked. Glacier nodded and pointed to where Teiran was on the stage.

Teiran took in a deep breath, and slowly let it escape her lips.

"Come out, everyone!" she shouted, throwing only five Pokeballs.

Upon each Pokemon appearing and seeing the watchful eyes of their friends, they knew they were about to perform their performance. They lined up, Machoke, Steenee, and Raichu on one side. Ralts M, and Ralts F were on the other.

"A mermaid in power, she comes through the sea! My partner from the beginning, arrive at my plea!" she shouted, tossing the Pokeball into the air.

The pokeball unhinged and out came a large seashell. It wiggled as it hit the ground, and Teiran walked over to it. She opened the shell, and sat inside, Brionne jumping onto her lap. They both put their arms, and fins, into the air. Water squirted from the shell. Brionne then started to sing a beautiful tune, which put the other Pokemon to "sleep", which was really just an act. Teiran stood up, holding Brionne. Brionne inhaled, blew a big bubble from her nose, and popped it, the water from the bubble flicking onto each of their faces. They each opened their eyes, one by one.

Machoke was first to move, and he walked to the center, crouching down onto his knees. Steenee and Raichu came after, and hopped onto his shoulders. Both of the Ralts' climbed onto them, balancing on their heads. The Ralts' held each others hands lovingly. They all struck a pose, before Teiran tossed Brionne into the air. Brionne used Aqua Ring, and the move surrounded the other Pokemon in a veil of water, so they were no longer seen. Brionne splashed into the veil, and the water splashed everywhere, blinding the crowd for a moment. When the vision cleared, Teiran was holding her palms out for Steenee's feet to rest on, Steenee posed in an 'X' formation.

Brionne was held by Machoke, who was holding her in a ballroom dancing pose. Ralts M and F were holding each other in the same way.

"I close my eyes and I can see a whole world waiting up for me. That I call my own..." she started.

She continued to sing one of her favorite songs from a movie called "The Greatest Showcaseman." Steenee walked back and fourth, Teiran following her with her hands. Steenee's hands were posed, everyone ballroom danced, Steenee, however, was the star. Teiran felt as though she hadn't given all her Pokemon a fair chance to be the star, so Brionne was the star at the beginning, and now it was Steenee. Soon, Teiran's song ended, and everyone stopped. They all let out a triumphant roar, each one different from the other. Then, they bowed.

After the performance had finished, the crowd clapped. It wasn't thunderous, but it wasn't quaint either. There were a couple screams of happiness, a couple nice claps, and one or two 'boo's' shouted. That stung, but Teiran returned her Pokemon, and stayed in the center of where she was, as the other two performers walked onto stage. The voting ceremony then commenced.

Kemen shared a glance with his lover.

"It's even better than when she showed us in practice!" the two said in perfect unison, Daniel scowling, when Kemen went to pinch his cheek.

"I know," Kemen answered, "Whether she was our friend, or not, she'd win my vote, hands down!"

The pair lit up their pokelumes in the colour of Teiran's key. Lopunny did the same, having been given her own little pokelume, on the way in.

Teiran's key, a black color, lit up as the first two pokelumes were lit. Then a few more. Then, many votes poured in to her key, and she smiled. Many votes also poured into the other two contestants keys. Fernando was to her let, an she gave him a smiling glance. He looked her way too, and gave her a cheeky grin. A girl to Teiran's right had her light colors stop short, and it was between Teiran and Fernando now. The colors rose higher, and higher. Suddenly, one of their key colors stopped short.

"YOU GOT THIS TEIRAN! THAT WAS AMAZING!"

Duke cried out his support, clapping loudly before he lit his pokelumes to match the color of Teiran's key as he clearly was supporting her to win; both because she was a firend and he honestly felt it was the best performance.

Come on, give it to her. Teiran deserves this. It was a breathtaking performance so please. I know you can do it Teiran...

Daymon And Reyna both screamed in delight. “GO TERIAN! YOU DA BOMB, GURL!” Daymon yelled, and lit his Pokélume to Terian. As did Reyna, still in awe of the amazing performance.
‘Terian. Win this for me. You definitely can’t hear me, but you got to win. This will be your time to shine, and I want you to feel the same way that I did when I earned my Lavaridge Gym Badge. Also if you CAN hear my subconscious, take care of Akio.’ Daymon thought, knowing that it would do nothing, but he wanted to.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier held his Pokelume and casted it to Teiran's key. "You'll win for sure, Teiran!" He called out to his friend.

Nova casted her Pokelume towards Teiran as well with a slight grin. "You'll succeed." She murmured.

Marcus decided to fidget with his P★DA, his interest on the performances long gone. However, he couldn't help but smile at the way people outside Orre lived and treated Pokémon. Is a good feeling knowing that people consider those creatures as more than just weapons. Sure, they're still being used as a means to an end here, but at least they're not hurt.

Marcus's attention on the showcase was brought back when he heard cheers and claps of approval. Is it over?

The question was answered when people started to lit some sort of glowstick or whatever as a way of voting. Marcus' right eye twitched in disgust. He couldn't blame different cultures, but all those colors are making him sick. To make matters worse, someone just HAD to come up to him and give him one of those.

Marcus was completely lost, scanning the device as if it was some sort of alien technology. He tried to lit it up several times, to no avail. How can someone use this darned thing!? It's like trying to find the 'Fire' button in one of those 'First-Person Shooter' video-games.

After what seemed to be a life/death struggle, Marcus finally managed to actvate the glowstick, which lit up and sent a glowing orb to one of the contestants' key. The orb was absorbed into a guy's key, which was beside Teiran's.

Marcus didn't cared for who he was voting, he just wanted the woman who gave him this... contraption to stop laughing.

Last edited:
(No notifications sorry)

Akio and Marowak smiled at Teiran's win. "Do you think Teiran did good? Because I do." Marowak nodded. "Marowak! (It was an awesome performance!)"

Teiran came out on top, barely past Fernando. She smiled as she felt the warm spotlight fill her front side, and she hugged Brionne tight, and smiled at Fernando. At first, Fernando looked disappointed, but he turned to Teiran anyway, and smiled. Teiran took a small bow as people started to cheer. A couple more 'boo's', but Teiran didn't mind. She smiled as a Cutiefly flew to her side, holding a key in her legs. Teiran took the key generously, and bowed to the Cutiefly in thanks.

The key had a top that looked like a shiny star, and in the center was a blue diamond. Below that was a type of blue that had the design of a butterfly. Near the bottom of the key, above where the cuts and tip rested, a small crown lay with white pearls on the points of it. It seemed a little worn out, as if somebody had used it before her. She smiled either way, and walked offstage with the other contestants.

"She did it...She actually did it..."

Daniel was numb, for about five seconds. And then he felt both Lopunny and Kemen tackle-hug him.

"She did it! I knew she could!" Kemen cried, "Oh, this is incredible! Now, it won't be long before Alola crowns its new queen!"

The boy smiled, hugging him back, as he looked up at the stage. "And we already know who it's gonna be."

Daymon grinned as he looked up onto stage. “After this do you want to meet the whole gang, Reyna?” He asked, and she nodded, only having been able to meet Duke, Glacier, and Nova.
They exited out with the swarms of people into the main hall. Daymon held up a sign saying, “If you're with me, get the **** over here.” (With the stars written on it.) as Reyna ate the rest of Daymon’s popcorn.

Lopunny helped Daniel back into his chair, before she and the couple left the showcase hall. Daniel was pretty eager to go and get ready for his contest, and put on his final, ribbon-winning performance.

They soon found Daymon, thanks to his questionable sign, and it seemed that yet another trainer had joined the adventure. She bore a strong resemblance to Daymon, but looked far too young to be his mother, so it was probably his sister, or cousin.

"Great showcase, wasn't it?" Daniel began, "Who's this?"

"WAY TO GO TEIRAN!" Duke cheered in support, his excitement over her achievement all too evident as soon enough he got up and began to look for the others. Duke did not need to look for long as he soon saw Daymon with his...unique sign which caused the Pokemon Protector to shake his head with an amused grin.

Well, that is one way to get our attention.

Duke made his way over to the group while he waited for Teiran and any of the others to join up with them.

Blue_Flash4

Walking out of the pokemon center nick spotted a dock that had a sharpedo and Lapras by it he went over to it happy to see that there are Pokémon he knew in this region a guy asked him if he wanted to ride one of the Pokémon he said yes and rode the Lapras into the ocean and back.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova applauded for Teiran, knowing she would win and proceeded to get up. The sign Daymon held up was noticed first by Glacier then he covered up Nova's, trying to preserve her language vocabulary. "Sorry..." He murmured. Nova groaned but managed to hold onto Espeon as her brother led her to Daymon and Reyna.

Marcus eyed the glowstick with wide eyes. "How the heck did this thing work through a TV?!" He asked the woman, who was rolling on the floor and clutching her sides, laughing. The mercenary felt a vein pop on his forehead. "Nevermind."

But still, the thought of how that contraption worked made him shiver. What if that was some sort of black magic? What if those shining orbs were actually the souls of the damned who were imprisioned on those devices to suffer for all eternity? What if these devices were actually made by Aliens to accquire information about the PokÉarth? Marcus had so many conspiracy theories already formed on his head about those 'Glow Casters' that one could think he was crazy.

Maybe he was crazy, and he's just making too muach assumptions about a glowstick...

Throwing the thing into a nearby trash can, Marcus just decided to forget about all this and wait for Teiran to get her pack and leave so he could proceed with his mission.

Last edited: