• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

Teiran, after undressing and putting everything back in her backpack, laughed with Brionne. She was so utterly excited that she had all three keys of hers, and was now heading for the Queen Position. She was so excited to face her mother, she could almost feel her presence with her. She walked through the waiting room, and met her group outside.

"Thanks for cheering me on, guys!" she said enthusiastically.

Marcus followed Teiran outside to wherever she was going. However, he stopped when the girl has headed to a group of kids. Recognizing some of them, Marcus concluded those are her friends, acquaintances, companions, whatever. The mercenary decided to stay back and keep his distance, not feeling the need of socialize with them.

Marcus scanned the area, looking for his Pichu. He saw the little creature between some bushes, spying on the group of kids. The mercenary smiled. His scout is doing a preety good job.

"No need to thank us, you were amazing!" Duke complimented with a thumbs up. Charizard, who had finished with its protest once the show ended, began to make its way towards the group. Though along the way, it caught glimpse of some small yellow blob in some bushes that seemed to be watching Duke and his friends.

Charizard immediately got curious...and suspicious as it walked over to the bush and eyed the yellow blur between them as the Shiny Charizard has its gaze squarely directed onit.

"Char. Charizard zard." (See anything interesting there. Fuzzball.)

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel had followed over them, kinda outside the circle, looking between them and Marcus occasionally, making sure he wasn't following them. Saunders had probably figured he was lying to get money now, right?

"Hey, uh, good job Teiran. Yo, when does the contest start?" He was antsy to get into the contest hall and away from the showcase area. Ironically, in the contest he'd still be more exposed to Saunders.

"Yeah, you were great!" Daniel added, "Now, all you have to do is win that masterclass, and you'll be the Alola Queen!"

Kemen glanced down at his phone. Come to think of the contest, he was eager to get there too, and see Daniel win his final ribbon...

"It's tonight," Daniel said coolly, before Kemen could say anything.

Reyna sat up. “I’m Reyna! I’m Daymon’s eldest sister. You two must be Daniel and Kemen! It’s amazing to meet you!” He said, grinning. Then she got up and walked over to Terian. “And you must be Terian! Your performance was nothing but spectacular!” She said, holding out her hand for a handshake as Daymon And Marshtomp proceeded to smash the sign to bits.

"Indeed," Kemen answered, "I'm Kemen Iniguez Bolibar, the Nita King. I'm kind of a big deal in my home region..."

Daniel held his hands up. "I'm Daniel Diaz, a coordinator, and Kemen's boyfriend."

Lopunny chirruped, holding her master's wheelchair.He rolled his eyes.

"And this is my service pokemon, Lopunny," he finished.

todoroki

Previously gamora
(cringeboy, use the discussion thread)

Ansel blushed a little bit when he heard Daniel describe Kemen as his boyfriend. There was a strange feeling about it, sort of comforting, but still uncomfortable to him at the same time. He sort of pushed himself into the circle.

He stuck his hand out to Reyna. "I'm Ansel, uh, Ansel Taylor. I'm kinda new to this group as well." Ansel blushed while shaking Reyna's hand- he had a similar sort of blushing feeling while shaking her hand. Why would both of those things have the same effect on him?

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Hey, Teiran. Its really likely that you'll win the Master Class. But you, Daniel. You've got what it takes too. Best of luck to the both of you." Glacier told his two friends.

Nova let Espeon go as the Psychic Type went over to Teiran and nudged her leg, as if trying to say congratulations.

Marcus frowned, his Pichu has been spotted. He prepared his Typhlosion's Poké-Ball. If push comes to shove, he'll take the group's Z-Crystals with excessive force.

His Pichu's idea wasn't too different either. The yellow mouse glared hard at the Charizard, gritting his teeth. "Pichu Pi-chu Pi! Pi Pichu Pichu Pi!" (That's not your business, Charcoal! Leave me be, or the next interesting thing I'll be seeing is your Fainted body on the ground.)

Marcus decided to approach the group, so he could react faster if the worst happens. Looking at Ansel, the mercenary decided it would be a good idea to distract the group away from the Charizard, knowing that his Pichu would soon make the first move. "Hey, you!" Macus said to the white-haired boy, walking towards him.

Last edited:

todoroki

Previously gamora
"Eep!" Ansel squeaked, before regaining his composure.

"Hello, my colleague, my partner in this detective case." He was trying his best to shake the man off his tail and out of his worries right now. He knew there was no way he was getting that money. Maybe if he ran into someone he didn't like, that would be the thief. He snorted to himself, that would be funny, right? Kinda messed up though. He decided it was best not to do that.

"I think the Z-Crystal thief dude left here, figure he's out back to Sinnoh. Good luck finding him, and best wishes." He shooed him off, eager to be free of the "Pansear on his back" as they'd say in Unova.

Charizard seemed far from intimidated by the electric mouse's threat as it eyed the Pichu with a glare...and a sly smirk.

"Zard? Charizard char. Charizard" (Oh is that right? Well then by all means go ahead and try. Though if your aim is to spy on those humans I will not hold back.)

Duke glanced over to the newcomer as he eyed him curiously. Naturally Duke had no idea who he was, but between him and his Charizard eyeing a bush in the distance the Pokemon Protector had the suspicion that he was up to something.

Marcus glared at Ansel. "Oh, really? Well, 'colleague', after you tried to extort me, taking me to a fake lead and distracting me while that Pichu stole my Z-Crystal, I think I have finally found the thief." He took hold of the kid's arm with one hand, and a unpocketed pair of handcuffs with another. "Ansel Taylor, you have became the primary suspect of theft and assault. You're now under preventive custody."

Behind his sunglasses, Marcus watched the situation between his Pichu and the Charizard from the corner of his eye.

The Pichu growled. That Charizard is starting to be a pain in his tail. "Pichu?" (Is that what you think?) Eletricity started to surround the mouse Pokémon's body. "Pi. Pichu Pi PICHU!!" (No. I'm going to DESTROY THEM!!)

The Pichu immediatly dashed towards the Charizard in a Volt Tackle.

Daniel and Kemen exchanged a glance with one another. Neither of them were quite sure what to make of the man with the pichu, but something about him felt...Off. They wouldn't put it above Ansel to try and extort and steal, but he was moving way too quickly, without any real evidence to say that he'd definitely stolen the Z crystals, and besides, that pichu belonged to him, so it wasn't Ansel's fault if the buggered thing ran away with its master's Z crystal...

Their thoughts were interrupted when the pichu in question came out of the bushes, heading straight for Duke's Charizard. If the man with the pichu was a true champion of justice, like he claimed to be, then surely, he'd train his pokemon to know better than to attack civillians.

Lopunny tightened her vest and leapt forward, her service-pokemon instincts kicking in, as she saw the creature approach with a volt-tackle. She couldn't let any harm to the group, especially not to her master, or she'd have failed her duty as a service pokemon.

The rabbit pokemon leapt in front of Charizard, putting up a protective barrier. "As a service pokemon, I am bound by the Hippocratic Oath to do no harm," she chirruped threateningly, "But, if you insist on hurting my master's friends, I might have to violate that oath."

todoroki

Previously gamora
"You can't arrest me, I'm 14, plus my dad could totally sue you! Are you even really interpol?" Ansel squamed in his arms, with weak kicks and squirms that didn't amount to anything. Parigoria, the Braviary, burst out of his Pokéball, ruffled by his ball's constant movement, before finding Ansel restrained by the man. The large bird Pokémon squawked at Marcus, flapping it's wings and pecking at it aggressively.

“I know you’re a fraud. I can see it in your eyes. And guess what? I’m a great battler too. Marshtomp, go suck up any electric attack that comes toward anyone.” Daymon said, rummaging through his bag of Z-Crystals. Marshtomp stood in front of the weak tiny mouse. “Marsh. Shtomp.” (Hey. Not going to hurt you. I’m just an electric blockade.) he said. “Marshtomp... Shtomp.” (You’ve been... detained.)
Reyna shook her head and walked away to another bench. “I’m not a part of this!!!” She yelled, dumping the rest of Daymon’s popcorn into her mouth.

Marcus arched an eyebrow, ignoring the Braviary pecking him. "'See into your eyes'? But you can't even see my eyes. Unless you can see through sunglasses." He then let go of Ansel. "Besides you're not being arrested. When under preventive custody, I have 24 hours to find solid proof of your crime. If I don't find anything, you're free to go." The mercenary then shook his head. "You're a suspect, not guilty. Don't they teach you that at school?"

The Pichu stopped his Volt Tackle and smirked, before using his Agility to pass right through the wall of evolved Pokémon in front of him at blinding speed, leaving some afterimages. "Pichu Pi!" (Two fast four you!) With the nuisance dealt with, the mouse Pokémon had an open path to attack any of the trainers before the other Pokémon could turn around to prevent him. Dashing forward, body full of eletricity, the Pichu directed his Volt Tackle to Ansel. Even if that Braviary tries to stop him, it'll just get his wings clipped by a jolt of eletricity.

Directing his attention at the Pichu, Marcus pushed Ansel away to release his Typhlosion. "ThunderPunch!" The mercenary ordered. The Fire-Type charged his hand with eletricity to intercept the Volt Tackle with a fierce punch.

Both Pokémon were thrown back by the impact. Marcus' Typhlosion landed by his side. The mercenary lifted his hand for a 'brofist', which the Fire-Type Pokémon responded.

However, they forgot that the Typhlosion's hand was still charged with eletricity. Needless to say, Marcus was literally shocked at what happened right after. "Bzzzzzzzzzt!"

The Pichu watched the scene, and sweatdropped. "Pichu..." (Retards...)

Shaking off the eletricity, Marcus directed his attention back to the Pichu. "Time to pay you back for that Thunderbolt from earlier AND for stealing my Z-Crystal." The flames on his Typhlosion's back flared brighter. "I don't know who you belong to, but he's not going to make me for a fool and get away with it."

The Pichu laughed in response. "Pichu Pi Pi-chu. Pichu Pichu Pi!" (No one needs to make you for a fool. You're doing a pretty good job yourself!) The mouse Pokémon looked around. He was surrounded, but he did not care. "Pichu! Pichu Pi!" (Bring it! I'll take you all on!) He knows he'll be defeated, but the thrill of this battle is something he just can't resist.

Last edited:
(That's autoing. You don't have the right to decide whether or not your pichu gets through Lopunny's protect, only I do)

Kemen held his hands up. "Enough. We're leaving," he said coolly, "I'm not in the mood to stand here and watch you try to play innocent, or try to attack my friends. We have better things to do than deal with a thug like you."

Lopunny went back to Daniel's side, taking the handlebars of his wheelchair. "I have no idea who you are, but you are definitely not a cop," the boy said coolly, "I highly doubt that a cop would attack civillians, like you've been doing. So, you and your pokemon will leave us be, unless you want us to call the real police. Clear?"

Daymon made a smug laugh, and returned Marshtomp. “I’ll be waiting at the contest hall if you need me. I’m NOT dealing with this sh** right now.” He said, not caring that Glacier wanted Nova to stay pure.
“Reyna, we’re going. Sorry you haven’t really been able to meet anyone, but crap is going down.” He said, and Reyna complied, glad to be out of there. Together, they left the showcase hall.

Daniel nodded. "Yes. The contest. I can't afford to be late for that," he said quickly, "Let's be off."

He returned Lopunny to her pokeball, letting Kemen get behind him. "Let's get going. I need to get changed ASAP!"

Marcus and his Pokémon stood silent as they watched the group go. How did they see through? How did that boy knew the Pichu belonged to him? It made no sense!

But that doesn't matter anymore. He had failed, and it's just a matter of time before his superiors send him a message confirming his lack of skill and cut him from his allegiances. Forever.

Marcus heard his P★DA beep, and shivered in fear. He had received a message for his employers. Surely his last one...

"Attention all units...

Abort your missions immediatly. We have a critical situation. Requesting all units and squads to move to Phenac City, Orre.

Protocol Number: 662962983992505

S.O.S HQ"

Marcus widened his eyes. Whatever is going on in Orre must be extremely serious for the top brass to change plans like that. Forgetting about any worries he previously had, the mercenary returned both of his Pokémon and took off into a sprint towards the nearest port.

His country needs him.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier sighed with relief. "Good luck out there." He told Daniel. He grabbed a Pokeball and sighed. "Let's go..." He muttered.

Nova looked down at the Pokeball. "What are you going to do?" She asked.

"You'll see." Glacier replied.

todoroki

Previously gamora
(@Emerald09 you need to submit a bio and ask to join the rp. also, it's against the rules to use a legendary without mod permission)

Ansel headed to the contest hall to get ready. He let out a sigh of relief as he realized ha had some time. He let out all of his Pokémon. Braviary, Togedemaru, Torracat, and Vigoroth. He still wasn't sure which he was gonna use. Sure, he had planned a routine, with some specific Pokémon, but he wasn't dead set on it.

Daniel headed to a changing room, putting himself in a black waistcoat and bow tie, before fixing his hair, and putting on a touch of cologne. Next, he got Lopunny out again, and brushed her ears, and put tiny star barretes in them, before returning her to her ball, and putting the ball capsule with the appropriate seal on her pokeball. Today's contest was a double performance, which meant that coordinators had to perform with two pokemon, no more, no less.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel didn't dress up much. He put on a button up white shirt and an oversized black blazer, still wearing light blue jeans- it wasn't a great look, needless to say.

He made the final decision on who he was going to use, and returned Parigoria and Anesi to their Pokéballs. Vigoroth, Thymos, and Torracat, Elpida, were trained up and ready to go. Elpida was prepared, although Thymos was a last minute switch. He had practiced with Thymos, with the Wild Monkey Pokémon frequently getting distracted and disobeying. It was like dealing with a Pokémon version of... himself. Ansel tried to imitate the other coordinators, combing Elpida's fur before she scurried off. Ansel chased after her, as she had wandered over near Daniel. Ansel picked the fire cat Pokémon up with a tight grasp, and almost said something snide to Daniel, before thinking better of himself.

"Good luck. May the better, uh, cooperator win." He stuck out a hand to Daniel, trying his best to mend things.

Daniel shook his hand delicately, not wanting to run the risk of throwing his fragile joints out of place. "Indeed," he answered, straightening his tie for the last time, before he looked up at the screen. The judges, Mr Sukizo, Mr Contesta, and the city's Nurse Joy were sitting at their desk already, as the presenter tested the mic.

Daymon And Reyna sat again in seats in the hall. They waited, making small talk about their journeys and such. “So yeah. I’d have to say my best team is my starter, Blaziken, Gigalith, Goodra, Crobat, Huntail, And Luxray.” She said, and Daymon nodded. “I might be asking to retrieve you-know-who from back home.” He said, and Reyna grinned. “That’ll be fun.” She said.

Teiran, upon zoning out again, regained her awareness, and looked at everyone.

"Did I miss something? Is something wrong? What happened?" Teiran fired, sweating.

She looked around her, suddenly nervous that the group would think she was stupid for zoning out. Her vision was a bit blurred due to her head zipping around the air.

Kemen took a seat in the contest hall, having chosen a booth, so that he'd be away from any raging fans who might want to bother him. He couldn't have them interrupting what was possibly Daniel's last contest.

He briefly whipped out his pokegear, deciding to give Teiran a call, since she didn't appear to have come, along with everyone else. "Teiran? We're at the contest hall, if you wanna come find us. They're just about to start, I think..."

Teiran whipped around her Pokegear as soon as she heard it ring. Upon taking a closer look, the 'people' she was talking to, were signs and a few potted plants. She sighed sadly.

"Oh..." she said through the receiver, before hanging up.

She felt kind of bad for always being left behind. It made her anxious, and a bit angry, in all honesty. But, she put the Pokegear in her pocket, and walked up to the building, going inside, and buying a ticket to see the show. She walked inside, and found a seat near the back, away from her friends. She wasn't sure if there was still an open seat next to them.

Reyna got up and told Daymon that she was going to go get a water bottle. He nodded and turned back to the stage. He thought by himself for a minute, contemplating his life choices. Then he realized he was going to deep and fell asleep.
When Reyna was coming back. She saw Terian sitting in the back. She decided to walk over there and have a formal introduction to her. She sat down next to her. “Hello! You must be Terian. I tried to say hi to you earlier but it was pretty chaotic in the showcase hall. My name is Reyna, and I am Daymon’s eldest sister.” She said, giving an outstretched hand to her.

Teiran turned to see a tall, well built girl introducing herself. Teiran shook her hand, before retracting it.

"I'm Teiran." she said, an instinct of hers to say. "You're pretty."

Reyna smiled. “Why thank you!” She said, giving a smile to Terian. “Your performance was amazing. It really felt like you put your soul into it!” She said, remembering the dazzling show that Terian’s Pokémon put on.

Duke smiled as Teiran introduced herself to Reyna as he was glad to see the two seemed to hit it off well enough. Duke bought his ticket as he followed Teiran and Reyna inside and took a seat next to the pair.

"Mind if I join you?" Duke asked with a friendly smile as Charizard, once again, had been left outside with a protest sign as it vowed to one day change the system so that larger Pokemon could come watch these competitions and events like those "cute" smaller Pokemon.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier and Nova quickly bought their tickets and sat behind Duke, Teiran, and Reyna. "We always do this." Nova commented. Glacier shrugged and leaned back into the chair. Espeon fell asleep quickly in Nova's lap. "Eh...its fine with me. Sometimes you need a little or slight break. Sometimes." Glacier responded.

The spotlights came on, shining down on the stage, as the presenter for Alola's contests, Kona, came out, microphone in hand. Malie City's contest was among the very last in the Alola contest season, so it was one of the very last chances that the coordinators had to fulfil their three ribbon requirement, for the grand festival.

"Welcome, one and all, to Malie City's pokemon contest!" Kona began, "Today's show is sure to be spectacular, but what else could you expect, from our lovely, and talented coordinators?"

She waited for the ensuing round of applause to die down, before continuing. "Now, as you know, today's contest is a double performance, which means that our coordinators must use two pokemon in each round. And when it's all over, the winner of today's contest will receive the Malie City ribbon!"

Kona held up the aforementioned prize, and the cameras zoomed in on it. Malie City's ribbon was dark blue, and at the top, it was decorated with a silver posy of asagao, otherwise known as Johto morning glory. The flowers were coloured with dark blue and white enamel, and at the end of the tails, there were tiny clear crystals.

Daniel glanced down at his ribbon case. The ribbon was beautiful, more so than any of his other ones. It would outshine them all, which seemed fitting, given that this would be his last ever contest. His last ever contest, before he joined the champions of the grand festival.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel bounced up and down, eager to participate. Ever since seeing the Pokémon Musical with his mom when he was younger, he always had wanted to participate in it. Sure, this wasn't the Pokémon Musical, and maybe it wasn't where he'd want to be doing it- but he was performing with his Pokémon, and that's all he had really wanted.

Teiran shook Reyna's hand, and smiled.

"Thank you." she replied to the older girl.

Upon seeing Duke, Teiran scooted over to allow him to sit down. She was bummed Charizard wasn't aloud to sit inside yet. She was already hatching a plan to get him into the next one, as the lights came on.

"Now, without further ado, let's get this show on the road! Up first, we have the talented, and inspirational young coordinator, Daniel!"

Daniel grumbled quietly to himself about the stupid inspirational label, before wheeling out on stage. He soon found Kemen's face in the crowd, the performer king mouthing, 'Go for it, mi amor!' at him.

He threw Lopunny's pokeball straight up in the air, and thanks to the seal, an illusion of a red carpet appeared, along with several bright camera flashes. Lopunny strutted elegantly down said carpet, stopping every now and again to pose elegantly, until she reached the very end, and the seal's effects disappeared.

"Now, Lopunny, dizzy punch, and then, high-jump kick!"

Lopunny's fluffy fists lit up in rainbow lights, before she began showing off her punches to the crowd. Sparks began to fly from her fists, before she kicked them away gracefully, making them explode over her.

"How beautiful! You can really see how strong Lopunny is, thanks to that creative combination!" Kona gushed.

Daniel smirked at her comment, before beginning the next phase. He ordered Machoke to use focus blast, and the fighting type shot a bright blue sphere straight up at the ceiling. When it hit, it exploded into blue sparks, raining down on the stage.

Lopunny feigned outrage, as Daniel ordered Machoke to reveal himself. The fighting type used bulk up, striking a few threatening poses, to show off his bulging muscles.

"And now Machoke's showing off his strength too!"

"Lopunny, use dizzy punch, and Machoke, you use drain punch!"

The two pokemon's fists both began to glow, as they began fighting one another, each of them gracefully dodging the other's moves.

"My! How exciting! It's like we're watching a battle!"

Machoke used another focus blast. Lopunny countered it with a speedy protect, and the blast washed right over the wall she put up. Next, Machoke used strength, and threw Lopunny straight up into the air, high enough that she could reach out and touch the ceiling...

"Let's finish this! Lopunny, high jump kick!"

The rabbit pokemon finished Machoke off with a graceful kick, before the two, along with Daniel, took their bow, and awaited the comments of the judges.

"What a creative appeal! Combining Lopunny's grace and beauty with Machoke's brute strength made for an exciting, and unforgettable performance," Mr Contesta began.

"Indeed. Remarkable," Mr Sukizo added.

"Such an incredible start to the contest! It's only the first appeal, and already, Daniel, Lopunny, and Machoke seem to be the ones to beat!"

Kona's eyes lit up. "Wow! You hear that? We already have a strong contender on the field!" she cried, "That's Daniel, Lopunny, and Machoke!"

Daniel bowed, before he and his pokemon left the stage. Round two, here he came...