• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

@gamora It's the day of the showcase, and then the contest

Kemen and Daniel awoke late as well, the performer hurrying to get showered and dressed, while his partner fumbled around in the dark for his medications, popping them like they were candy.

Lopunny got both of their things, and slipped on her vest, for when she was in the showcase hall, before she and the couple headed off to meet the others.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel was awoken to the sound of Thymos tearing up the beds. The Vigoroth had woken up earlier, and was more than ready to go to the contest. Ansel dragged himself up and went to go get some breakfast. God was he tired. He went to the Pokemon Center Café to get a bite to eat for him and his Pokemon before he would head to the contest hall.

Duke had already been up and was in the midst of an early morning wake up routine with his Charizard when he knew the time had come to go to the showcase. In spite of Charizard not being allowed inside, both trainer & Pokemon were eager as Duke moved over to Nova's tend and peeked inside.

"Companion Nova, it is time to set off to the Showcase Hall!" Duke said with a big grin as he hoped she was awake as they needed to get a move on and find their seats.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier had awakened when Zoroark used a Flamethrower next to him. He opened one eye slightly and smirked. "Trying to keep me warm, huh? Thanks...but..we've got to get moving." He said, getting up slowly and stretching.

Nova shot up instantly and nudged Espeon lightly. "Hold on...I have to get this sleepy head up." She whispered to Duke, picking up Espeon and herself getting up too.

"Fair enough, I'll allow you some privacy to get ready." Duke said with a smile before he closed the tend as he gathered his belongings while Charizard grumbled. Clearly being excluded from watching in the crowd had still been a sore spot as Duke took note of this and smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm sure someday we'll get an exception for you. But we have to respect the rules." Duke said...before he pulled the protest sign and gave it to Charizard.

"So remember to protest peacefully. And be sure to do it by an outside monitor so you can watch the show." Duke said with a wink as Charizard smirked and gave a nod.

SaiyanDakon

Nova gently set Espeon down and fixed her hair then sighed. "Espeon...wake up!" She insisted and patted Espeon's head. The Psychic type shifted and opened one eye sleepily. "Eon..." She whispered.

Duke had finished his own preparations as he released his entire time for some quick morning stretches, given Nova still needed some time to get ready though Duke would be ready to recall and move forward to get to the Showcase in time.

SaiyanDakon

Nova smiled and nodded to Espeon. "That's better...now come on." She said, putting on her running shoes and picking up the Psychic Type.

Glacier patted Zoroark again as he headed to where Duke and Nova set up their camp. "Hopefully, they should still be there." He muttered.

(I did miss stuff!)

Teiran quickly fixed her hair a bit, and slipped on her shoes, before grabbing Brionne and heading out the door. She rushed to the front desk to check out, and left. She walked across the street to the contest/performance hall. She signed in for the performance at 4:00 A.M. She was guided to a changing room, and she locked herself inside.

Daniel and Kemen went to find seats, Lopunny sitting next to her master, as she waited for the show to begin. This showcase could make or break Teiran's chance to enter the masterclass, and achieve her dream, so a lot was a riding on her performance today.

The couple clasped each other's hands. They really hoped that, for her sake, she could win this one.

Daymon And Reyna rushed out of the apartment. “Damn! Let’s go!” Daymon yelled. “Watch your profanity!” Yelled Reyna. “Shut up, you’re not my mom!” He yelled back, and ran over to the contest hall.
“Well, at least I’ll get to see Daymon’s friends.” She sighed, and followed behind him, in a rush to see Terian perform.

Duke soon returned his team minus Charizard as he faced Glacier and had a smile before he turned to the tent.

"Are you ready to go? Teiran's show is about to begin soon and the sooner we make haste the better!" Duke said as he seemed eager to get to the show to support his friend.

Teiran was quickly dressing, and when she walked out of the dressing room, she was wearing a red dress. It was a strapless dress, and it sparkled in the light. It cut off at the belly, but connected in the back, and it joined a golden yellow belt. The red sparkly design continued. It was short in the front so you could see just above Teiran's knees, but long in the back that you couldn't see behind her. On her feet were red sparkly high heels. She had golden bands on her wrists, and she replaced the random flower clips in her hair to - you guessed it - red sparkly ones. She walked backstage, and on the stage were three contestants. There was a hoard of Rowlet, and the contestants on stage had to try and make sure the Rowlet stayed in their side. The next round was Litten. Teiran watched them mess with the Litten, and saw Fernando.

Marcus was standing in one of the dressing rooms of the Contest Hall. The Pichu on his shoulder was cackling with electricity, looking at his victim: an unconscious boy, laid down on the corner of the room.

Marcus opened up his P★DA and adjusted the communication frequence before pressing a small button to his earpiece. "This is Kobra. I located a Z-Crystal." He spoke, holding the small jewel on hand. "Scanning..."

"Affirmative, Kobra. Scan results received. The Z-Crystal you just acquired is the Normalium-Z, a Normal-Type Z-Crystal, which means there's one or more Z-Crystals for each Pokémon type. Make sure you collect all of them. We need all the firepower we can get."

"Roger that." Marcus checked the boy to see if he is regaining consciousness. "What about this child? Should I terminate him?"

"Negative. You must keep the collateral damage down to a minimum."

"Understood. Kobra, out." Marcus then removed his earpiece and closed his P★DA before pocketing the Z-Crystal and walking out of the dressing room, hoping that the kid his Pichu just knocked out wasn't one of the contestants...

Daymon And Reyna sat in the crowd and waited for the Pokémon Contest to start. Daymon has picked up popcorn and a vanilla shake. “Can I have some popc-“ “Hell no.” “What happened to you last night?” She asked, and after her final question, Daymon put his head down and went silent.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel teetered through the crowd and found a seat. He had most of his routine planned, but maybe this showcase would give him a few ideas for last minute changes. He recognized some others who he had met the night before. He was sitting a few rows up from Daniel and Kemen, and avoided acknowledging them. His leg bounced in excitement, with him waiting for the performances to start.

"Rowlet herding...That's fairly new," Daniel commented, "Kinda fitting, I suppose though. When it's so late in the journey, one can't help but think of their starter, and how far they've come since the beginning..."

Kemen squeezed his hand tighter. "You're getting a little bit philosophical today, aren't you?" he commented, "Feeling nostalgic for the beginning?"

"Sorta," he answered, "We've all come so far on this journey. We're all stronger now, and we're closer to our dreams than ever before. It'll only take a few more steps before we get there."

He turned his attention back towards the stage. "Soon, Teiran might become the Alola Queen, I might win the grand festival, and one of us might win the league. Isn't it exciting?"

@UnovaTrainerGlacier You need to respond, for Godjacob's sake)

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

@Wandering Soul and @Godjacob I am alive)

Glacier nodded and grabbed an Ultra Ball, then threw it, sending out his Salamence. The dragon type roared with anticipation. "Yeah...I'm ready." He replied to Duke and hopped onto Salamence's back.

Nova went over to Salamence while holding Espeon. She placed the Psychic Type on the dragon's back and then she climbed on, putting Espeon back onto her lap. "We're ready, Duke." She said, smiling.

Duke grinned as he got on Charizard's back when Glacier & his sister got on the Salamence's back as he gave a nod to the pair.

"Alright, next stop Teiran's Showcase!" Duke called out before he took to the air and flew in the direction of the Showcase Hall, moving at a pace so that Glacier & Nova could keep pace and know where to go.

Upon his arrival, Duke got off Charizard's back and, predictablly, Charizard had been denied entrance do to being "too big" of a Pokemon. Charizard took its protest sign and moved by one of the outside monitors while Duke headed inside and found a seat next to Daniel & Kemen as he took a seat and focused on the stage where Teiran and the other competitors had been waiting.

Good, not too late. Best of luck Teiran, I know you can do it.

After the next group of Litten herding has finished, Teiran walked out on stage to see a pile of- you guessed it -Popplio. Two other performers stepped onto the stage. The rules were that each performer could use one Pokémon. Teiran released Brionne, and looked at the Popplio, remembering when she first met Brionne. The whistle was blown, and the Popplio ran everywhere.

“Brionne, Cute Charm!” Teiran ordered.

Brionne used her cute charm on quite a few of the Popplio, and hey ran to Brionne, hearts in their eyes. Teiran pumped a fist, happy to get some Popplio in her side.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier hurried Salamence to land at the away from the entrance, not wanting to scare the performers, well...them except Teiran, and hopped off the dragon's back. Nova followed suit and landed on her feet, reaching out for Espeon, who jumped and landed in her arms. Glacier then recalled Salamence and the siblings ran inside the performance building. Luckily, they found a few seats that were available. Glacier plopped next to Duke as Nova sat down next to him. Wonder where's Kyle at? Hope he's okay. The Trial-Goer thought.

Some of the Popplio caught sight of Brionne, and admired that she was the evolved version of themselves. They flopped over to where she was, and started to ask brionne questions in pokespeak. Teiran was happy she was winning. Only two other Pokemon out of the ten weren't talking to Brionne.

"Looks like it's all going to plan so far," Kemen began, "If she can keep this up, it's a first-class ticket to round two, for sure."

"Agreed," Daniel replied. Once again, he was feeling a bit nostalgic for when he'd seen his partner perform in Nita. One of his first-round performances had involved having to navigate his way through a haze, blindfolded, with only his pokemon to guide him.

That's it, you are doing great. Keep it up Teiran.

Duke watched with interest as so far Teiran's performance had been impressive and she seemed on the right track, something Charizard would attest to outside as in the midst of its protests it kept and eye to watch Duke's friend as she showed her stuff to the crowd.

SaiyanDakon

"She's doing wonderful." Nova whispered as she watched the performance. Glacier nodded to his sister with a slight grin. "That's Teiran, all right." He whispered back. Espeon watched Brionne and Popplio and started conjuring a fantasy of her and Nova performing.

Marcus was standing in one of the halls that would lead to the, now closed for further entries, contest arena, watching the show through one the TVs. The contest itself wasn't something of his interest. He just missed watching some TV, something that is not an option in his home region.

In fact, Marcus's mission in Alola seemed more like the way of their bosses give him some vacation than anything else. Compared to the post-apocalyptic warzone that is Orre, this region is a paradise.

Marcus arched an eyebrow when he saw a girl order her Brionne to use 'Cute Charm' on a bunch of Popplio. Cute Charm? Wasn't it supposed to be an Ability instead of a move? Did she mean to use Attract?

Marcus shook these thoughts when he saw the Popplio run to the Brionne with hearts in their eyes. Whatever the girl did, it worked and that's what matters in the end. Marcus nodded in approval over the girl's action, intentional or not. Using nicknames or codenames to describe a move is a good way to attack without giving away your strategy.

Brionne kept up conversation to distract the Popplio from moving to another section. The time soon ran out, and a loud buzzer echoed through the auditorium. Teiran had won the first round, with seven out of ten Popplio in her area. She was rewarded with a round of applause, and she bowed politely, before picking up Brionne ad hugging her. Teiran then walked off the stage. She noticed one of the performers who she had competed with for the first round. She had brown hair, which was beautiful and fluffy. She wore an aqua blue dress, with a silver belt, and some silver heels. Teiran walked over to her and smiled. The girl looked sad she had failed, even though Teiran had a bit of an advantage using Brionne.

"Hi! You did great out there, by the way." Teiran said, smiling.

The girl turned to face her, as Teiran held out a hand or her to shake.

"Teiran is my name. What's yours?" Teiran asked.

The girl glared at Teiran and slapped her hand out of the way.

"I would have won if it wasn't for you and your stupid Brionne! That's cheating! You shouldn't be able to use a higher evolution Pokemon of the one on stage! I swear, I'll get you next time, so long you remember the name Monique!" the girl shouted, before storming off.

Teiran was taken aback by her tone and actions. She frowned after the girl, knowing she had just made her first enemy.

"Alright! She's got it in the bag so far," Daniel began, glancing over at Kemen, "Now, all that's left to is make sure she gives the freestyle performance of a lifetime, in the final round!"

Kemen waggled his finger. "ah-ah-ah!" he answered, "She'll have to save that for the masterclass! But for now, I suppose, all she can do is her best to win this one."

Daymon, who’s eyes followed Terian offstage, saw the incident. He didn’t really know what they said, being meters away, but he knew whatever that other girl did was rude.
“Excuse me, Reyna. I gotta go *****slap a jerk.” He said, and Reyna just eyed him like; ‘Wha?’ was she watched him leave and go back into the main hall. He looked around, but couldn’t find whoever that was. “Well, guess I won’t be yelling insults at anyone anytime soon.” He said, sitting down on a bench in the hallway to watch on the screen for a little while.

Marcus heard the sound of boots stomping the ground and turned his head to where the noise was coming from. A brown haired girl was coming from the stage, eyes flaring with anger. Wanting to avoid any unecessary conflicts, Marcus just stepped aside to let the girl pass, hoping that she wouldn't notice him there.

After the girl was gone, Marcus sighed in relief. The last thing he would want is getting involved on a female's bad day. 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', as someone once said.

Marcus then sat down on one of the hallway's benchs. Once again, he heard the sound of footsteps and turned his head to its direction. A brown haired boy was coming, and that boy didn't seem happy either.

The boy sat down on the bench beside him, muttering something about 'insulting someone'. Marcus wondered why is everyone angry, but he decided to not ask questions about something that doesn't concern him.

Last edited:

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel left the showcase impressed. It had helped him to distract from the stress of everything with Daniel and Kemen. He spotted a man who looked extremely out of space, and a little too hyper aware of his surroundings for a guy at what should be a relaxing showcase. Was he security? Maybe he would be trying to keep him out of the contest. Ansel decided to stay vigilant of him- and to let him know he couldn't keep him out of the contest, he tried his best to be intimidating, but really a tiny teenage kid with bleached hair wasn't gonna be able to scare much, barely a Cutiefly.

"Are you in the right place, Army Man? Doesn't seem like your type of scene here," he said, eyeing him suspiciously. He certainly wasn't here to have a fun time in the showcase.

Marcus turned his head to the white-haired boy who just spoke to him, and sighed. This kid actually had a point. His clothes were a little bit... unfitting with the Rest & Relax atmosphere of Alola. How can someone conduct a covert mission if one's outfit is only attracting attention. No wonder this boy is looking at him with suspicious eyes.

That doesn't mean Marcus plans to change his outfit, though.

Marcus got up from his seat "I'm Agent Saunders, International Police." He lied, showing the dog tags at his arm to support his made-up explanation. "I'm here because I received a lead about a thief who is stealing Z-Crystals from trainers. According with my source, the suspect was last seen in this Contest Hall." Marcus scanned his surroundings once more before directing his attention back to the white-haired kid. "The suspect came from the Sinnoh region, so he must have brought something from there. Currency, for example."

todoroki

Previously gamora
International Police, huh? A devious idea sprouted in Ansel's head. Interpol had to pay well, and Ansel needed some money to cover his cost of living for the next few weeks.

"Sinnohian thief? Yeah, I've seen one of those, he's got about six or seven Z-Crystals right now. I could show you his location," he said, in a sweet, playful tone, before a sharp "BUT. I demand 50,000 Pokédollars before I tell you where'e is."

Daymon, who was sitting next to Marcus, watched the scene unfold. “I guess.... whatever this is might be better than... eh. I should go support Terian.” He said, and stood up, walking back into the contest hall. Reyna waved him back over to his seat, and he proceeded to eat popcorn as he watched the rest of the showcase unfold.

Marcus narrowed his eyes at the boy who just left, before directing his attention back to the white-haired one. This kid is demanding a sum of money for fake information about a fake case from a fake InterPol agent.

This went better than what he expected.

Maybe this kid can actually take him to someone who has any Z-Crystals for him to take. "Oh, really? How about you show me where he is first, then I'll pay you back by not arresting you for trying to extort a federal agent?" Marcus said. His voice calm, his expression blank. "Maybe I'll even give you the money you want if I'm feeling generous. But you MUST give me the correct information." He then offered his hand for a shake. "Deal?"

Last edited:

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel gave it some thought. Was he old enough to get arrested? Couldn't Ansel arrest him for that? Finally, he decided. He reached out his hand and surprisingly firmly shook it. Marcus had just made a deal with the Nimbasan Devil.

"Alright, if we want it to work though, you gotta raise it to 75k," Ansel was prepared to hassle. "25 up front, 50,000 once we get to him."

Marcus frowned at the kid's attempt of taking more money from him, before smiling. "No." He said with mock cheerfulness, squeezing the boy's hand on his own. "The deal is already sealed, it's too late to change it now." His expression then went blank again. "Besides, don't go on thinking that you can deceive me and then let your parents take the fall in your place. You're old enough to have a Pokémon, which means you are old enough to be responsible for your own actions." Marcus said.

Wait a second... since when Marcus had any rights to lecture anyone about 'morals' or 'citidenship'? He's from a PMC which is working on a civil war in Orre, and his current mission is to infiltrate in another region to take the Z-Crystals, even if by force. He had everything BUT 'morals' or 'citidenship'.

But, his employers are paying him to do that, and money speaks louder in his line of work.

And still, here he is. Refusing to give money to someone that might help him. Marcus felt sick for being such an hypocrite.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Ansel decided it'd be best not to test his luck with this guy. He could lead him to a red herring and ditch him- he'd just need to make it up as he went.

"Well, uh, he's right in here," Ansel directed to the showcase hall, heading in with him, "We just need to be quiet. Don't wanna disturb the performances, you know?" His voice turned to a whisper as he began to morph into the crowd, pretending he was leading him to the Z-Crystal thief.

Last edited: