• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Yunu saw two people that could be considered threats, not by much, but still threats, one seemed to stop his opponents from attacking and another just summoned a lot of monsters and attacked. He would most likely win against them, but they have a chance to beat him, which he can’t have. “I need a strategy” he said to himself, thinking of how to beat those two duelists.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
“One shouldn’t change a strategy on the premise of threat from peers.”

Behind Yunu was none other than Tobias, who had finished his exam earlier. He had appeared from the shadows, his arms crossed and his yellow eyes piercing. His scarf wrapped around him, the rune toting duelist continued.

“Changing an entire style on the sole basis that others may be a challenge is in fact losing oneself, losing an identity, which would greatly reduce effectiveness and confidence in the style of dueling that you have obtained, weather it be recent or otherwise.”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(Noah POV)

Noah blocked with both arms as a holographic flame went through him, which brought his life points to 500 while the examiner had 2500 life points. Noah's field was almost fulled of fusion monsters, but he couldn't attack him with them because the examiner testing him was running a annoying stall/burn deck with gravity binding and high defense monsters on his field. "So then, do you give up? Because I'm pretty sure I win next turn." The examiner said as he felt confident.

"No, because I've already won." Noah said as he glared at the examiner. The examiner was clearly confused as he didn't see any way that Noah could win.

"I'll finish this by activating Gem Knight fusion from my graveyard by banishing one gem knight I can add it back to my hand and I'll activated one final time, I combined Gem Knight lapis and lazuli, two Gems sparkle together, illuminating a new stone, I fusion summon Gem Knight lady lapis lazuli in defense mode, and I'll activate her special ability, by sending a Gem Knight monster from my deck or extra Deck I can inflict 500 points of damage for each special summon monster on the field and since I have 5 that's exactly 2500 burn damage, so have a taste of your own medicine."

Noah said as lapis lazuli had a ball of light coming from each of the Gem Knights on the field and and combining them all together and fired at the examiner which dropped his life points down to zero.

Noah started walking to the stands to find a seat so he can watch Willows duel and see how well she does.

Yunu looked at Tobias and said “That’s not what the numbers say, they say if I make a strategy before battle than I can counter all of their plays.” He turned to see just in time someone barely beat his examiner. “Hmm, Fusion Monsters, so if I put in a de-fusion I can stop all of his plays” Yunu said completely forgetting about Tobias.

Elana took a sigh and ended her turn. The examiner went next. "I set three cards facedown and summon Hero of the East. Then I activate a trap. Fire Darts allows me to roll a six-sided die three times and deal damage to you based on the sum of those rolls x 100. I begin rolling. Hm, 5, 1, and 4. I deal 1000 damage to you. Then I attack your Catche Eve, dealing 300 more damage. I end my turn."
Elana LP: 2600
Proctor LP: 1000

“A general that changes his army every battle may find himself in a need for troops. In theory it may find value in the minds of man, but predicting the future is like seeing through eyes of glass...fate laughs in mockery of our plans.”

Speaking poetically about his stance and values on the situation, Tobias became ever more rigid, as if he as become a pillar on the wall he leaned on.

Breaking out of Concentration from Tobias statement, Yunu said “I’m not changing the army itself, I’m changing the battle tactic, which every great leader did before us” He continued looking at all the people dueling, then back at Tobias and said “So, since your so against my strategy, let’s duel, since my success is the most likely outcome”.

Tobias arched a brow, chuckling lowly himself, shaking his head at the arrogance.

“Such a Stubborn spirit you possess. Whilst dueling is not a top priority for me, I can make an exception for this case. I shall accept this challenge in earnest, let’s take this outside, be sure to bring the best game you can muster...”

He began to walk outside, mentally making a note of Jira’s examination. He should realize everything will go just as well with me there as without. ‘Dueling Buddies’ or not, he will ace this exam. That is for certain.

Yunu followed Tobias outside and walked in the middle of the grassy field and put on his duel disk and then shuffled his cards.”Be prepared for defeat, because the numbers are in my favor, not yours.” Yunu then put his cards in the duel disk and said “I have the advantage if I were to go second, so that’s what I will do, so you may start”.

“Numbers, quantities, variables. This is what you perceive as power. But it is not the calculation, but knowledge of past mistakes that give us strength and values...allow me to demonstrate.” He drew his five cards, examining each one carefully. “I set one monster face down and I place two cards down along with it. This shall begin this duel.”

“Yes. That is correct. But most wont do something such as this...I flip my monster up! Rise to attention, Golem sentry!”

As the card flipped face up, an earthen guardian burst forth from the ground. The ancient defender pounded it’s staff to the ground with a resounding *GONG!*

Golem sentry: 800 ATK, 1800 DEF.

“His effect activates, allowing him to call upon the voices of the past, sending your monster back to your hand!”

“Very well. But by turn is not yet at it’s end...I will attack with my golem sentry!”

The sentry summoned forth a mystical energy surge in it’s ancient staff, shooting it forward toward its enemy!

Yunu’s life points- 3200

“And I will activate golem sentry’s effect, to place him back in facedown defense position. I will place another monster face down along with him, awaiting in the swirling sands below...”

Golem sentry began to rumble, sinking down beneath the earth has he was last turn, joining the second facedown monster.

“Now, my turn is at an end.”

“You think so little of history’s eldest warriors. I flip a facedown card, Rise to full height! This doubled my Sentry’s defense by double it’s value for the rest of this engagement! I call upon thee!”

As the trap card flipped face up, so did the sentry, rising up from the sands as it’s defense skyrocketed.

Golem Sentry- 800 ATK 3600 DEF

“Hmph!”

The trap card sizzled and shattered as did golem sentry as a flying duck smashed into the guardian, smashing him into bits. This left only one face down card and one face down monster whilst he drew a card due to dark bribe.

“Expending so much energy so early on...four cards to destroy one monster...”

Tobias:
Cards in hand- 3
1 Set monster
1 face down card

“I think not...they have never steered me wrong. But as for you...I shall draw before flip summoning yet again, meet Guardian Statue!”

A stone statue flipped up, rising in a similar fashion to golem sentry, the warrior making a series of rumbles before placing it’s feet firmly on the ground.

Guardian statue- 800 ATK, 1400 DEF.

“He has the same ability as my sentry, so be wary when you mock the ancient ones! Your monster is now sent from his land into your hand!”

“A coward’s word’s...how unsightly.” Tobias eyebrows angling slightly in a disturbed manner. “But no matter...I activate a spell card from my hand, Attack the moon!”

Placing the spell card down, nothing different visually occurred. Tobias continued his turn as if he hadn’t played it.

“I place another monster face down, and activate guardian Statue’s effect, to switch himself to face down defense position. This will activate attack the moon. Upon a rock monster shifting positions, it will destroy one spell or trap of my choosing...and Since there is only one variable in play, I will end my turn by designating that card as my target!”

As the guardian statue shifted back into the sands, the wake of the sand washed toward the face down

“Wow, good job, you avoided it, but for how long.” Yunu draws his card and places it facedown,”and now, I summon a facedown defense monster.”

Hand-1
Field-Cry Havoc, Facedown, and Facedown Monster

(OOC: The card I drew got placed facedown not as a monster but a different card, sorry if you’re confused.)

Last edited by a moderator:

“...Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it. Many forget this valuable lesson. Allow me to teach you. Rise to attention, guardian statue!”

Rising up, the guardian statue would sent the monster to the hand, and the attack the moon spell card would destroy the new facedown card that was placed as well!

A monstrous hand grabbed the statue and brought it down into a bottomless hole. But now with the harmful spells and traps gone, there was only one card in the way. A face down monster. A 50/50 of it being sonic duck as well. But Tobias wasn’t going to take that chance.

“I normal summon Rockstone warrior in attack position!”

A pillar of living rock materialized in the battlefield, boulders and rocks commingling together to form the beast.

Rockstone Warrior: 1800 ATK, 1600 DEF.

“I will then commence an attack to eliminate this monster of yours!”

The warrior roared , throwing it’s ‘hand’ at the target, rolling into a boulder to smash the monster

Bob sighed. "I expected nothing less of you, I guess good luck then."

"Please tell me you're never doing that again, that was dreadful to watch." Bob sat next to Bix and spoke to Weasel, having passed the written exam and decided to watch Weasels duel. "I'm surprised you didn't pull that crap on me, guess you were merciful? Then again, not sure if you know what that means." Getting up, he put a hand in his pocket and yawned. "Welp, I'm up. Hopefully this fight will go better than the recruitment fight. Letting a Twin-Barrel Dragon card fall out of his pocket, he shoved it towards Bix with his foot and did the same when in front of Braxer, hoping that the two knew what was going on. Stepping up to the examinator, he prepared himself for a duel and drew five cards.

"Well, there's no reason to be careless. I set a monster face down and set two cards before ending my turn."

Waiting for his opponent to make their move, he looked at the gang, hoping to see the B-Bros to add the card to their decks. Then again, he had no idea if they were actually brothers.

--------------

"I activate Gladiator Beast Hoplomus' effect and add it to my deck, special summoning Gladiator Beast Spartacus. I can draw a Gladiator Beast equip card now and I select Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius. Now it's my turn, and I activate a contact fusion! I return Gladiator Beast Spartacus and Dimacari to the deck and special summon Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz (2600 atk/1500 def)! With all the special summoning that happened this match, my field spell has 7 counters on it which boosts the attack and defense of my monster by 700. And that's not all, since I equip Gaiodiaz with the Battle Gladius I got from Spartacus, raising its attack with another 300 and stopping at 3600 attack! I also equip it with Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tyrce, which lowers my monster's attack by 500 and allows it to attack twice. Now, attack that Luster Dragon #2!" Willow commanded as some kind of gladitor dinosaur attacked a large dragon that was colored somewhat green, reducing her opponent's life points with 700. "I can attack again, and I surely will! Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz, attack her life points directly!" The fusion monster charged at the examinator and slashed at her with twin swords, inflicting 3100 damage and winning Willow the game. "ALRIGHT! That went much better than expected!" She exclaimed in joy, whilst the examinator spoke to her.

"That was a disgusting amount of attack points, do you always use such high attack power monsters?"

"Eh, I do use a beatdown deck but I try to make the most out of the effects they have. It just so happens that Gladiator Beasts tend to have high attack." The Slifer Red scratched the back of her head and grinned at the examinator.

“Surely you know what’s about to happen by now. Let’s see if you recall this...” Tobias spoke, drawing a card. “I flip my face down card up, Medusa worm!”

The monster flipped up, a worm like monster erupting from the duck’s neck grotesquely. It’s wriggled and writhed and bit into the duck, the duck losing color.

“I can destroy one monster on the field once the Medusa worm has burrowed its talon’s into it’s target. That target is the duck. Death by parasite!”

The parasite then erupted completely out of the duck, the entire firm exploding into bits as the several tentacles worm writhed and wriggled with glee.

“Now it’s Time to finish this...I tribute my worm to summon the guardian of my monsters, pay tribute to Hieracosphinx!”

The worm shriveled and died in place, catching ablaze. Out of the inferno, a beamed predator emerged, giving an eagle cry for battle.

Hieracosphinx- 2400 ATK, 1200 DEF.

“Hieracosphinx, join the Rockstone soldier and elmintate the enemy from these hallowed lands! Screech of Anubis!”

The Sphinx charged up a silver sphere of energy, before that sphere exploded outwards in a terrifying screech focused on the enemy’s life points. All the while, Rockstone soldier kept to attack with a powerful charge!

As his opponet’s life points dropped to zero, Tobias witnessed his opponent drop down to the ground, crying. He hadn’t expected the battle to go to this extreme, as he was unsure how to work with emotional instabilities. Instead of addressing them outright, he focused on the facts, as he knew his opponent focused on those.

“You thought that it was pure numbers. But you did not heed by warning, and thus have fallen in combat. This I understand. But what I don’t comprehend to the fullest is your response. Is crying your sorrows an accurate response for losing a duel?”

“Do what you like. I will not stop the decision you make. But if you are going to make a choice, do what is best for you. No map or man can tell you how to live, so you must discover what you want out of life, and what makes you want to live it.”

Imparting these words of wisdom onto the boy, he kept his own emotions in check, as to not influence his or the Now disrobed boy’s choices or decisions.

Yunu grabbed his duel disk and cards and threw that away as well”I can’t, abandon my parents, they did so much, but I can’t do anything, when I get home they probably won’t feed for a week.” He walked away and said “Well, I’m so useless, aren’t I”

“Maybe you are indeed useless.” Tobias commented. “Your worth is only as valuable as you make it out to be. Nothing more, nothing less. That is the fact. Sobbing over the issue won’t get you anywhere, but your choices will.”

Tobias seemed to lack a tact for this type of issue, his face stern and his demeanor cold but impartial.

“So tell me. What will you do?”

“........” Yunu stopped, teeth gritting and yelled “SHUT UP YOU IDIOT, JUST SHUT UP” He begin crying, and looked up at him and said “What do you know, you could reach the top in no time, but me, I’m just some kid who got some cards and got lucky a lot of the time, so you tell me, what should I do?”

“If you heard my words before, no map or man can tell you how to live. That include myself. You will have to figure that out on your own. Your spirit within you will tell you what to do, where to go. Listen to it, and all will become clear.”

Tobias said this cryptically, looking off toward the ocean that was connected to the school, the wind on his face.